Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Göttingen, Lower Saxony, Germany
Locale: Göttingen, Lower Saxony, Germany
Publications736 found, 100 shown here
- Ochs M, Nyengaard J, Jung A, Knudsen L, Voigt M, Wahlers T, et al. The number of alveoli in the human lung. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2004;169:120-4 pubmed..The method proved to be very efficient and easy to apply in practice. Future applications will show this approach to be an important addition to design-based stereologic methods for the quantitative analysis of lung structure. ..
- Rödel R, Olthoff A, Tergau F, Simonyan K, Kraemer D, Markus H, et al. Human cortical motor representation of the larynx as assessed by transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS). Laryngoscope. 2004;114:918-22 pubmed..Our observations point to two different cortical motor representation areas, with the cricothyroid muscle-related area being located more medially. ..
- Kriebel T, Ruschewski W, Gonzalez y Gonzalez M, Walter K, Kroll J, Kampmann C, et al. ICD Implantation in infants and small children: the extracardiac technique. Pacing Clin Electrophysiol. 2006;29:1319-25 pubmed..In infants and small children, extracardiac ICD implantation was technically feasible. Experience and follow-up are still limited. The course of the DFT is unknown, facing further growth of the patients. ..
- Krasnianski A, Bartl M, Sanchez Juan P, Heinemann U, Meissner B, Varges D, et al. Fatal familial insomnia: Clinical features and early identification. Ann Neurol. 2008;63:658-61 pubmed publisher..Because the sensitivity of the most diagnostic tests is low in fatal familial insomnia, detailed clinical investigation is extremely important. Polysomnography may help to support the diagnosis. ..
- Bahn A, Hagos Y, Reuter S, Balen D, Brzica H, Krick W, et al. Identification of a new urate and high affinity nicotinate transporter, hOAT10 (SLC22A13). J Biol Chem. 2008;283:16332-41 pubmed publisher..Uricosurics, diuretics, and cyclosporine A showed substantial interactions with hOAT10, of which cyclosporine A enhanced [(14)C]urate uptake, providing the first molecular evidence for cyclosporine A-induced hyperuricemia. ..
- Kröner Herwig B, Heinrich M, Vath N. The assessment of disability in children and adolescents with headache: adopting PedMIDAS in an epidemiological study. Eur J Pain. 2010;14:951-8 pubmed publisher..It is suggested to explore the construct of disability by a multi-method approach, including further instruments assessing headache related distress, (respectively) quality of life. ..
- Kanai R, Paulus W, Walsh V. Transcranial alternating current stimulation (tACS) modulates cortical excitability as assessed by TMS-induced phosphene thresholds. Clin Neurophysiol. 2010;121:1551-1554 pubmed publisher..Our present work provides further demonstration of the potential of tACS as a method to selectively modulate the excitability of the visual cortex. ..
- Tareen A, Dasti J, Zautner A, Gross U, Lugert R. Campylobacter jejuni proteins Cj0952c and Cj0951c affect chemotactic behaviour towards formic acid and are important for invasion of host cells. Microbiology. 2010;156:3123-35 pubmed publisher..jejuni, (iv) alter the chemotactic behaviour of the pathogen towards formic acid, and (v) are not related to the utilization of formic acid by formate dehydrogenase...
- Begemann M, Grube S, Papiol S, Malzahn D, Krampe H, Ribbe K, et al. Modification of cognitive performance in schizophrenia by complexin 2 gene polymorphisms. Arch Gen Psychiatry. 2010;67:879-88 pubmed publisher..The PGAS allows identification of marker-associated clinical/biological traits. Current cognitive performance in schizophrenic patients is modified by CPLX2 variants modulating posttranscriptional gene expression. ..
- Kiesel P, Gibson T, Ciesielczyk B, Bodemer M, Kaup F, Bodemer W, et al. Possible editing of Alu transcripts in blood cells of sporadic Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (sCJD). J Toxicol Environ Health A. 2011;74:88-95 pubmed publisher..Hence, this study may be considered the first real-time analysis of Alu DNA element transcripts with regard to editing of the respective Alu transcripts in human blood cells. ..
- Tiburcy M, Zimmermann W. Modeling myocardial growth and hypertrophy in engineered heart muscle. Trends Cardiovasc Med. 2014;24:7-13 pubmed publisher..Here, we discuss the collagen hydrogel-based engineered heart muscle (EHM) technology and provide background information on its use in simulations of myocardial growth and disease. ..
- Lagumersindez Denis N, Wrzos C, Mack M, Winkler A, van der Meer F, Reinert M, et al. Differential contribution of immune effector mechanisms to cortical demyelination in multiple sclerosis. Acta Neuropathol. 2017;134:15-34 pubmed publisher..We conclude that biologics depleting CCR2+ monocytes might be attractive candidates for preventing cortical lesion formation and ameliorating disease progression in MS. ..
- Raffel J, Wallace A, Gveric D, Reynolds R, Friede T, Nicholas R. Patient-reported outcomes and survival in multiple sclerosis: A 10-year retrospective cohort study using the Multiple Sclerosis Impact Scale-29. PLoS Med. 2017;14:e1002346 pubmed publisher..This study reports that PROs can be prognostic for hard clinical outcomes in neurological disease, and supports PROs as a meaningful clinical outcome for use in research and clinical settings. ..
- Pfreundschuh M, Murawski N, Zeynalova S, Ziepert M, Loeffler M, Hänel M, et al. Optimization of rituximab for the treatment of DLBCL: increasing the dose for elderly male patients. Br J Haematol. 2017;179:410-420 pubmed publisher..In the era of personalized medicine, sex-specific pharmacokinetics and toxicities should be investigated for all drugs where these parameters impact on outcome...
- Nau R, Bruck W. Neuronal injury in bacterial meningitis: mechanisms and implications for therapy. Trends Neurosci. 2002;25:38-45 pubmed
- Rostasy K, Sponholz S, Bahn E, Ludwig H, Hanefeld F. Unusual localization of a choroid plexus papilloma in a 4-year-old female. Pediatr Neurol. 2003;28:66-8 pubmed..This tumor did not originate from the roof of the fourth ventricle as expected but from the ependymal lining covering the median rostral medulla near the pontomedullary junction, a location that so far has not been reported...
- Lübke T, Lobel P, Sleat D. Proteomics of the lysosome. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2009;1793:625-35 pubmed publisher..Here, we describe current approaches to lysosomal proteomics and data interpretation and review the new lysosomal proteins that have recently emerged from such studies. ..
- Weidmann M, Faye O, Faye O, Kranaster R, Marx A, Nunes M, et al. Improved LNA probe-based assay for the detection of African and South American yellow fever virus strains. J Clin Virol. 2010;48:187-92 pubmed..Comparison of enzymes revealed that not all enzymes are suitable for LNA probes. The developed LNA probe based YFV real-time PCR performed best in an enzyme mix and less efficient using multifunctional enzymes. ..
- Kohlhase J, Schuh R, Dowe G, Kühnlein R, Jackle H, Schroeder B, et al. Isolation, characterization, and organ-specific expression of two novel human zinc finger genes related to the Drosophila gene spalt. Genomics. 1996;38:291-8 pubmed
- Kugler W, Breme K, Laspe P, Muirhead H, Davies C, Winkler H, et al. Molecular basis of neurological dysfunction coupled with haemolytic anaemia in human glucose-6-phosphate isomerase (GPI) deficiency. Hum Genet. 1998;103:450-4 pubmed..Those alterations at the active site, however, that allow correct folding retain the neurotrophic properties of the molecule (GPI Calden). ..
- La Rosée Borggreve A, Hader T, Wainwright D, Sauer F, Jackle H. hairy stripe 7 element mediates activation and repression in response to different domains and levels of Krüppel in the Drosophila embryo. Mech Dev. 1999;89:133-40 pubmed..Possible modes of h7-mediated gene regulation in response to the different domains and levels of Krüppel are discussed. ..
- Schieferdecker H, Schlaf G, Koleva M, Gotze O, Jungermann K. Induction of functional anaphylatoxin C5a receptors on hepatocytes by in vivo treatment of rats with IL-6. J Immunol. 2000;164:5453-8 pubmed
- Antonin W, Dulubova I, Arac D, Pabst S, Plitzner J, Rizo J, et al. The N-terminal domains of syntaxin 7 and vti1b form three-helix bundles that differ in their ability to regulate SNARE complex assembly. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:36449-56 pubmed..However, they differ in their ability to adopt closed conformations and thus to regulate the assembly of SNARE complexes. ..
- Goos M, Zech W, Jaiswal M, Balakrishnan S, Ebert S, Mitchell T, et al. Expression of a Cu,Zn superoxide dismutase typical for familial amyotrophic lateral sclerosis increases the vulnerability of neuroblastoma cells to infectious injury. BMC Infect Dis. 2007;7:131 pubmed..These findings link infection and motor neuron disease and suggest early treatment of respiratory infections in ALS patients. ..
- Dohm C, Kermer P, Bahr M. Aggregopathy in neurodegenerative diseases: mechanisms and therapeutic implication. Neurodegener Dis. 2008;5:321-38 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we will discuss current treatment strategies in these diseases targeting aggregate formation and concurrent neuronal cell death in these diseases. ..
- Gloeckner S, Meyne F, Wagner F, Heinemann U, Krasnianski A, Meissner B, et al. Quantitative analysis of transthyretin, tau and amyloid-beta in patients with dementia. J Alzheimers Dis. 2008;14:17-25 pubmed..A significant negative correlation of TTR CSF levels and disease severity in AD was observed...
- Gaedcke J, Grade M, Jung K, Schirmer M, Jo P, Obermeyer C, et al. KRAS and BRAF mutations in patients with rectal cancer treated with preoperative chemoradiotherapy. Radiother Oncol. 2010;94:76-81 pubmed publisher..Although the KRAS mutation status was not correlated with response, the subtle difference between G12V and G13D mutations warrants analysis of a larger patient population. ..
- Irle E, Ruhleder M, Lange C, Seidler Brandler U, Salzer S, Dechent P, et al. Reduced amygdalar and hippocampal size in adults with generalized social phobia. J Psychiatry Neurosci. 2010;35:126-31 pubmed..We report for the first time volumetric results in patients with GSP. Future assessment of these patients will clarify whether these changes are reversed after successful treatment and whether they predict treatment response. ..
- Schirmer L, Merkler D, König F, Bruck W, Stadelmann C. Neuroaxonal regeneration is more pronounced in early multiple sclerosis than in traumatic brain injury lesions. Brain Pathol. 2013;23:2-12 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, axonal GAP43+ and Syn+ swellings correlated with prolonged survival after TBI, indicating a sustained regenerative response. ..
- Reutter M, Emons G, Gründker C. Starving tumors: inhibition of glycolysis reduces viability of human endometrial and ovarian cancer cells and enhances antitumor efficacy of GnRH receptor-targeted therapies. Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2013;23:34-40 pubmed publisher..In addition, cotreatment of a glycolysis inhibitor with GnRH receptor-targeted therapies might be a suitable therapy for GnRH receptor-positive human endometrial and ovarian cancers. ..
- Stahrenberg R, Niehaus C, Edelmann F, Mende M, Wohlfahrt J, Wasser K, et al. High-sensitivity troponin assay improves prediction of cardiovascular risk in patients with cerebral ischaemia. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2013;84:479-87 pubmed publisher..hsTropT predicts vascular events and all-cause mortality in patients with acute cerebral ischaemia and improves prediction beyond established clinical scores. ..
- Dudek J, Cheng I, Chowdhury A, Wozny K, Balleininger M, Reinhold R, et al. Cardiac-specific succinate dehydrogenase deficiency in Barth syndrome. EMBO Mol Med. 2016;8:139-54 pubmed publisher..As a similar defect of SDH is apparent in patient cell-derived cardiomyocytes, we conclude that these defects represent a molecular basis for the cardiac pathology in Barth syndrome. ..
- Freist W, Gauss D, Ibba M, Soll D. Glutaminyl-tRNA synthetase. Biol Chem. 1997;378:1103-17 pubmed
- Launhardt K, Epplen C, Epplen J, Winkler P. Amplification of microsatellites adapted from human systems in faecal DNA of wild Hanuman langurs (Presbytis entellus). Electrophoresis. 1998;19:1356-61 pubmed..In conclusion, relationship analyses from faeces are possible in spite of the evolutionary distance between humans and langurs...
- Leeb T, Breen M, Brenig B. Genomic structures and sequences of two closely linked genes (AMT, TCTA) on dog chromosome 20q15.1-->q15.2. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 2000;89:98-100 pubmed..The 4-kb canine TCTA gene consists of three exons and probably represents a pseudogene. It is located adjacent to AMT and very close to DAG1 and BSN. ..
- Mendoza Lujambio I, Burfeind P, Dixkens C, Meinhardt A, Hoyer Fender S, Engel W, et al. The Hook1 gene is non-functional in the abnormal spermatozoon head shape (azh) mutant mouse. Hum Mol Genet. 2002;11:1647-58 pubmed..Therefore, the human HOOK1 gene could serve as a candidate gene for male infertility due to teratozoospermia or decapitation defects...
- Takamori S, Malherbe P, Broger C, Jahn R. Molecular cloning and functional characterization of human vesicular glutamate transporter 3. EMBO Rep. 2002;3:798-803 pubmed
- Brockmann K, Meins M, Taubert A, Trappe R, Grond M, Hanefeld F. A novel GFAP mutation and disseminated white matter lesions: adult Alexander disease?. Eur Neurol. 2003;50:100-5 pubmed..Mutation analysis of GFAP should be considered in patients with remitting neurological deficits, disseminated white matter lesions and absence of inflammatory CSF changes. ..
- Attin T, Siegel S, Buchalla W, Lennon A, Hannig C, Becker K. Brushing abrasion of softened and remineralised dentin: an in situ study. Caries Res. 2004;38:62-6 pubmed..It is concluded that for protection of dentin surfaces at least 30 min should elapse before toothbrushing after an erosive attack. ..
- Schlüter G, Steckel M, Schiffmann H, Harms K, Viereck V, Emons G, et al. Prenatal DNA diagnosis of Noonan syndrome in a fetus with massive hygroma colli, pleural effusion and ascites. Prenat Diagn. 2005;25:574-6 pubmed..Malformations of lymphatic vessels and/or chylothorax in Noonan syndrome seem to be more frequent than usually anticipated. ..
- Hirrlinger P, Scheller A, Braun C, Hirrlinger J, Kirchhoff F. Temporal control of gene recombination in astrocytes by transgenic expression of the tamoxifen-inducible DNA recombinase variant CreERT2. Glia. 2006;54:11-20 pubmed..These transgenic GFAP-CreERT2 mice will allow the functional analysis of loxP-modified genes in astroglia of the postnatal and adult brain. ..
- Obenauer S, Plothe K, Ringert R, Heuser M. Imaging of genitourinary trauma. Scand J Urol Nephrol. 2006;40:416-22 pubmed..Therefore, this pictorial essay gives examples of the radiological presentation of genitourinary trauma and describes technical details of the diagnostic imaging modalities used. ..
- Maier L, Bers D. Role of Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase (CaMK) in excitation-contraction coupling in the heart. Cardiovasc Res. 2007;73:631-40 pubmed..In the present review we summarize important aspects of the role of CaMKII in ECC with an emphasis on recent novel findings. ..
- Eckstein F. The versatility of oligonucleotides as potential therapeutics. Expert Opin Biol Ther. 2007;7:1021-34 pubmed..A different mode of action is the activation of Toll-like receptors to induce an immune response. Several pathways for drug development are still in their infancy, for example microRNAs and antagomirs. ..
- Hille A, Schmidt Giese E, Hermann R, Herrmann M, Rave Frank M, Schirmer M, et al. A prospective study of faecal calprotectin and lactoferrin in the monitoring of acute radiation proctitis in prostate cancer treatment. Scand J Gastroenterol. 2008;43:52-8 pubmed..Before markers are used to monitor acute radiation proctitis, further experience should be acquired. Patients will be followed to determine the predictive value of the two tested markers for chronic radiation proctitis. ..
- Uecker M, Zhang S, Frahm J. Nonlinear inverse reconstruction for real-time MRI of the human heart using undersampled radial FLASH. Magn Reson Med. 2010;63:1456-62 pubmed publisher..While offline reconstructions required 1-2 sec, real-time applications with modified parameters and slightly lower image quality were achieved within 90 ms per graphical processing unit. ..
- Alt Epping B, Nejad R, Jung K, Gross U, Nauck F. Symptoms of the oral cavity and their association with local microbiological and clinical findings--a prospective survey in palliative care. Support Care Cancer. 2012;20:531-7 pubmed publisher..Apart from the described focus on Candida colonisation/infections, a symptom-guided polypragmatic approach therefore seems to be justifiable for patients with oral symptoms in palliative care. ..
- Spork A, Wiegmann D, Granitzka M, Stalke D, Ducho C. Stereoselective synthesis of uridine-derived nucleosyl amino acids. J Org Chem. 2011;76:10083-98 pubmed publisher..The obtained NAA building blocks were employed for the synthesis of truncated 5'-deoxymuraymycin analogues. ..
- Hugill N, Fink B, Neave N. The role of human body movements in mate selection. Evol Psychol. 2010;8:66-89 pubmed
- Zeisberg E, Zeisberg M. The role of promoter hypermethylation in fibroblast activation and fibrogenesis. J Pathol. 2013;229:264-73 pubmed publisher..Here we review mechanisms of DNA methylation and demethylation and their implications for fibroblast activation and tissue fibrosis. ..
- Barrantes Freer A, Kim E, Bielanska J, Giese A, Mortensen L, Schulz Schaeffer W, et al. Human glioma-initiating cells show a distinct immature phenotype resembling but not identical to NG2 glia. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 2013;72:307-24 pubmed publisher..Together, our results suggest that GICs represent a unique type of cells reminiscent of an immature phenotype that closely resembles but is not identical to NG2 glia with respect to marker expression and functional membrane properties. ..
- Carstens P, Schmidt J. Diagnosis, pathogenesis and treatment of myositis: recent advances. Clin Exp Immunol. 2014;175:349-58 pubmed publisher..In this review we provide an up-to-date overview of the pathogenesis and diagnostic approach of myositis. We aim to present a guide towards therapeutic and general management. ..
- Stellmann J, Krumbholz M, Friede T, Gahlen A, Borisow N, Fischer K, et al. Immunotherapies in neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder: efficacy and predictors of response. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2017;88:639-647 pubmed publisher..5, 95% CI 1.0 to 2.4, p=0.065). Age, antibody status and possibly previous attacks predict further attacks in patients treated for NMOSD. Azathioprine and rituximab are superior to interferon-β. ..
- Stocker M, Kerschensteiner D. Cloning and tissue distribution of two new potassium channel alpha-subunits from rat brain. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1998;248:927-34 pubmed..rKv9.1 is expressed exclusively in the central nervous system, whereas rKv9.3 shows a widespread tissue distribution. No currents could be measured in X. oocytes upon injection of rKv9.1 or rKv9.3 cRNA. ..
- Neubauer K, Baruch Y, Lindhorst A, Saile B, Ramadori G. Gelsolin gene expression is upregulated in damaged rat and human livers within non-parenchymal cells and not in hepatocytes. Histochem Cell Biol. 2003;120:265-75 pubmed..In conclusion, SECs, MCs, MFs and HSCs, but not hepatocytes, express gelsolin. In the damaged liver all tested cell populations but the inflammatory cells and the hepatocytes are responsible for the enhanced gelsolin expression. ..
- Schaffert N, Hossbach M, Heintzmann R, Achsel T, Luhrmann R. RNAi knockdown of hPrp31 leads to an accumulation of U4/U6 di-snRNPs in Cajal bodies. EMBO J. 2004;23:3000-9 pubmed..In contrast, U5 snRNPs largely remain in nucleoplasmic speckles. Our data support the idea that CBs may play a role in tri-snRNP recycling. ..
- Reich K, Hugo S, Middel P, Blaschke V, Heine A, Neumann C. The maturation-dependent production of interleukin-16 is impaired in monocyte-derived dendritic cells from atopic dermatitis patients but is restored by inflammatory cytokines TNF-alpha and IL-1beta. Exp Dermatol. 2004;13:740-7 pubmed..Functional abnormalities present in patients with AD at the monocyte level may account for impaired maturation and IL-16 production of monocyte-derived DCs. ..
- Renner U, Glebov K, Lang T, Papusheva E, Balakrishnan S, Keller B, et al. Localization of the mouse 5-hydroxytryptamine(1A) receptor in lipid microdomains depends on its palmitoylation and is involved in receptor-mediated signaling. Mol Pharmacol. 2007;72:502-13 pubmed..More importantly, the raft localization of the 5-HT1A receptor seems to be involved in receptor-mediated signaling. ..
- Stadelmann C, Albert M, Wegner C, Bruck W. Cortical pathology in multiple sclerosis. Curr Opin Neurol. 2008;21:229-34 pubmed publisher..However, more sensitive imaging tools are required to study the impact of cortical lesions on clinical symptoms, disability, and disease progression. ..
- Savelyeva I, Dobbelstein M. Infection with E1B-mutant adenovirus stabilizes p53 but blocks p53 acetylation and activity through E1A. Oncogene. 2011;30:865-75 pubmed publisher..Our findings argue that adenovirus attenuates p53-mediated p21 induction, through at least two E1B-independent mechanisms. Other virus species and cancer cells may employ analogous strategies to impair p53 activity. ..
- Monte Silva K, Ruge D, Teo J, Paulus W, Rothwell J, Nitsche M. D2 receptor block abolishes ? burst stimulation-induced neuroplasticity in the human motor cortex. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2011;36:2097-102 pubmed publisher..As the reduced response to TBS following SULP resembles its effect on tDCS, the results support an effect of DA on plasticity, which might be related to the focality and associativity of the plasticity induced. ..
- Djukic M, Trimmel R, Nagel I, Spreer A, Lange P, Stadelmann C, et al. Cerebrospinal fluid abnormalities in meningeosis neoplastica: a retrospective 12-year analysis. Fluids Barriers CNS. 2017;14:7 pubmed publisher..The differential diagnosis between meningeosis neoplastica and central nervous infections, in particular tuberculous or fungal meningitis, can be difficult. ..
- Borchert T, HÃ¼bscher D, Guessoum C, Lam T, Ghadri J, Schellinger I, et al. Catecholamine-Dependent Î²-Adrenergic Signaling in a Pluripotent Stem Cell ModelÂ of Takotsubo Cardiomyopathy. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017;70:975-991 pubmed publisher..International Takotsubo Registry [InterTAK Registry]Â [InterTAK]; NCT01947621). ..
- McCormack K, McCormack T, Tanouye M, Rudy B, Stuhmer W. Alternative splicing of the human Shaker K+ channel beta 1 gene and functional expression of the beta 2 gene product. FEBS Lett. 1995;370:32-6 pubmed..We report that human beta 1 and beta 3 are derived from the same gene and that beta 2 modulates the inactivation properties of Kv1.4 alpha subunits. ..
- Nau R, Desel H, Lassek C, Kolenda H, Prange H. Entry of tromethamine into the cerebrospinal fluid of humans after cerebrovascular events. Clin Pharmacol Ther. 1999;66:25-32 pubmed..The intravenous administration of tromethamine (INN, trometamol) lowers the intracranial pressure in patients with brain edema. One postulated mechanism of action is the increase of the pH of the cerebrospinal fluid...
- Franz H, Mosch K, Soeroes S, Urlaub H, Fischle W. Multimerization and H3K9me3 binding are required for CDYL1b heterochromatin association. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:35049-59 pubmed publisher..We suggest that similar multivalent binding stably anchors other histone modification binding factors on their target chromatin regions. ..
- Song C, Weichbrodt C, Salnikov E, Dynowski M, Forsberg B, Bechinger B, et al. Crystal structure and functional mechanism of a human antimicrobial membrane channel. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:4586-91 pubmed publisher..Our study unravels the comprehensive mechanism for the membrane-disruptive action of this mammalian host-defense peptide at atomistic level. The results may form a foundation for the structure-based design of peptide antibiotics. ..
- Friede T, Kieser M. Blinded sample size re-estimation in superiority and noninferiority trials: bias versus variance in variance estimation. Pharm Stat. 2013;12:141-6 pubmed publisher..In summary, the one-sample estimator obtained from the pooled data is extremely simple to apply, shows good performance, and is therefore recommended for application. ..
- Morick D, Schatz M, Hubrich R, Hoffmeister H, Krefft A, Witzgall R, et al. Phosphorylation of C-terminal polycystin-2 influences the interaction with PIGEA14: a QCM study based on solid supported membranes. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;437:532-7 pubmed publisher..The interaction of cPC2wt is twofold larger than that of cPC2S812D. The moderate higher binding affinity of cPC2wt to PIGEA14 is discussed in light of PC2 trafficking to the plasma membrane. ..
- Krone B, Grange J. Is a hypothetical melanoma-like neuromelanin the underlying factor essential for the aetiopathogenesis and clinical manifestations of multiple sclerosis?. BMC Neurol. 2013;13:91 pubmed publisher..To date, MLN has not been addressed in studies on MS and future work will need to be done on human patients, as there is little or no neuromelanin (the precursor of MLN) in the animals used as experimental models in the study of MS. ..
- Buentzel J, Straube C, Heinz J, Roever C, Beham A, Emmert A, et al. Thymectomy via open surgery or robotic video assisted thoracic surgery: Can a recommendation already be made?. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e7161 pubmed publisher..We found evidence for the safety and feasibility of RVATS compared with open surgery, which has to be further confirmed in randomised controlled trials. ..
- Zimmer M, Fink T, Franke Y, Lichter P, Spiess J. Cloning and structure of the gene encoding the human N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor (NMDAR1). Gene. 1995;159:219-23 pubmed..3-qter by fluorescent in situ hybridization (FISH). The telomeric location is supported by an imperfect (CA)n repeat homologous to a subtelomeric repeat on chromosome 16p. ..
- Frosch K, Barvencik F, Lohmann C, Viereck V, Siggelkow H, Breme J, et al. Migration, matrix production and lamellar bone formation of human osteoblast-like cells in porous titanium implants. Cells Tissues Organs. 2002;170:214-27 pubmed..Neither the highly developed migration behavior of osteoblastic cells nor the reorganization from a fiber-like matrix to a lamellar structure have so far been described for cell cultures. ..
- Kugler W, Erdlenbruch B, Jünemann A, Heinemann D, Eibl H, Lakomek M. Erucylphosphocholine-induced apoptosis in glioma cells: involvement of death receptor signalling and caspase activation. J Neurochem. 2002;82:1160-70 pubmed..These data suggest that A172 cells might have an additional caspase-independent pathway that insures cell death and guarantees killing of those tumour cells whose caspase pathway is incomplete. ..
- Wuttke W, Jarry H, Becker T, Schultens A, Christoffel V, Gorkow C, et al. Phytoestrogens: endocrine disrupters or replacement for hormone replacement therapy?. Maturitas. 2003;44 Suppl 1:S9-20 pubmed..If clinical studies confirm these results, the Cimicifuga racemosa preparation BNO 1055 would appear as an ideal SERM and may therefore be an alternative to hormone replacement therapy. ..
- Loser P, Hofmann C, Both G, Uckert W, Hillgenberg M. Construction, rescue, and characterization of vectors derived from ovine atadenovirus. J Virol. 2003;77:11941-51 pubmed..The availability of an efficient method for vector construction and the identification of a new insertion site for virus rescue and gene expression substantially enhance the utility of the OAdV vector system. ..
- Krebs J. The influence of calcium signaling on the regulation of alternative splicing. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2009;1793:979-84 pubmed publisher..In a second part the possibility is discussed that due to the interaction of the calcium-binding protein ALG-2 with a spliceosomal regulator of alternative splicing, RBM22, Ca2+-signaling may thus influence its regulatory property. ..
- Ellies M, Laskawi R. Diseases of the salivary glands in infants and adolescents. Head Face Med. 2010;6:1 pubmed publisher..The rareness of salivary gland tumors is particularly true for the malignant parotid tumors which are more frequent in juvenile patients, a fact that has to be considered in diagnosis and therapy. ..
- Krone B, Grange J. Melanoma, Darwinian medicine and the inner world. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2010;136:1787-94 pubmed publisher..It has been postulated that environmental factors associated with improved standards of hygiene play a leading role in this process since the immune system seems to need extrinsic challenges for its proper maturation...
- Tzvetkov M, Saadatmand A, Bokelmann K, Meineke I, Kaiser R, Brockmoller J. Effects of OCT1 polymorphisms on the cellular uptake, plasma concentrations and efficacy of the 5-HT(3) antagonists tropisetron and ondansetron. Pharmacogenomics J. 2012;12:22-9 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, in addition to the known effects of CYP2D6, OCT1 deficiency may increase efficacy of tropisetron and potentially of ondansetron by limiting their hepatic uptake. ..
- Beyer U, Dobbelstein M. Non-hominid TP63 lacks retroviral LTRs but contains a novel conserved upstream exon. Cell Cycle. 2011;10:1905-11 pubmed..This notion strongly supports the concept that the synthesis of a testis-specific p63 isoform is a recently acquired, unique feature of humans and great apes. ..
- Tzvetkov M, Saadatmand A, Lotsch J, Tegeder I, Stingl J, Brockmoller J. Genetically polymorphic OCT1: another piece in the puzzle of the variable pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of the opioidergic drug tramadol. Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2011;90:143-50 pubmed publisher..005, n = 24). In conclusion, polymorphisms in OCT1 influence the pharmacokinetics of O-desmethyltramadol, presumably by affecting its uptake into liver cells, and thus may modulate the efficacy of tramadol treatment...
- Nödler K, Licha T, Barbieri M, Perez S. Evidence for the microbially mediated abiotic formation of reversible and non-reversible sulfamethoxazole transformation products during denitrification. Water Res. 2012;46:2131-9 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the consideration of the retransformation potential of 4-nitro-SMX can substantially improve the understanding of SMX behavior during processes such as bank filtration and artificial recharge. ..
- Kastner A, Grube S, El Kordi A, Stepniak B, Friedrichs H, Sargin D, et al. Common variants of the genes encoding erythropoietin and its receptor modulate cognitive performance in schizophrenia. Mol Med. 2012;18:1029-40 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings reveal a role of endogenous EPO/EPOR for cognition, at least in schizophrenic patients. ..
- Bergmann I, Göhner A, Crozier T, Hesjedal B, Wiese C, Popov A, et al. Surgical pleth index-guided remifentanil administration reduces remifentanil and propofol consumption and shortens recovery times in outpatient anaesthesia. Br J Anaesth. 2013;110:622-8 pubmed publisher..No patient reported intraoperative awareness. Adjusting the remifentanil dosage according to the SPI in outpatient anaesthesia reduced the consumption of both remifentanil and propofol and resulted in faster recovery. ..
- Wojcik S, Tantra M, Stepniak B, Man K, Müller Ribbe K, Begemann M, et al. Genetic markers of a Munc13 protein family member, BAIAP3, are gender specifically associated with anxiety and benzodiazepine abuse in mice and humans. Mol Med. 2013;19:135-48 pubmed publisher..Thus, Baiap3/BAIAP3 is gender specifically associated with anxiety and benzodiazepine use disorder, and the analysis of Baiap3/BAIAP3-related functions may help elucidate mechanisms underlying the development of both disorders. ..