Experts and Doctors on escherichia coli proteins in Osnabrück, Lower Saxony, Germany
Locale: Osnabrück, Lower Saxony, Germany
Topic: escherichia coli proteins
- Altendorf K, Voelkner P, Puppe W. The sensor kinase KdpD and the response regulator KdpE control expression of the kdpFABC operon in Escherichia coli. Res Microbiol. 1994;145:374-81 pubmed
- Greie J, Heitkamp T, Altendorf K. The transmembrane domain of subunit b of the Escherichia coli F1F(O) ATP synthase is sufficient for H(+)-translocating activity together with subunits a and c. Eur J Biochem. 2004;271:3036-42 pubmed..Furthermore, the data obtained functionally support the monomeric NMR structure of the synthetic b(1-34). ..
- Heermann R, Fohrmann A, Altendorf K, Jung K. The transmembrane domains of the sensor kinase KdpD of Escherichia coli are not essential for sensing K+ limitation. Mol Microbiol. 2003;47:839-48 pubmed
- Stallkamp I, Altendorf K, Jung K. Amino acid replacements in transmembrane domain 1 influence osmosensing but not K+ sensing by the sensor kinase KdpD of Escherichia coli. Arch Microbiol. 2002;178:525-30 pubmed..The results reveal that the osmosensing and K+ -sensing properties of KdpD can be dissected. Furthermore, the data support the hypothesis that osmosensing involves amino acid residues of the transmembrane domains. ..
- Gassel M, Altendorf K. Analysis of KdpC of the K(+)-transporting KdpFABC complex of Escherichia coli. Eur J Biochem. 2001;268:1772-81 pubmed..A simultaneous substitution of both regions was not possible. ..
- Weber Sparenberg C, Pöplau P, Brookman H, Rochon M, Möckel C, Nietschke M, et al. Characterization of the type III export signal of the flagellar hook scaffolding protein FlgD of Escherichia coli. Arch Microbiol. 2006;186:307-16 pubmed..Analysis of frame-shift mutations and alterations of the nucleotide sequence suggest a proteinaceous nature of the signal. Furthermore, the physicochemical properties of the first about eight amino acids are crucial for export. ..
- Heitkamp T, Bottcher B, Greie J. Solution structure of the KdpFABC P-type ATPase from Escherichia coli by electron microscopic single particle analysis. J Struct Biol. 2009;166:295-302 pubmed publisher..Overall, the arrangement of subunits agrees with biochemical data and the predictions on subunit interactions. ..
- Jung H. Topology and function of the Na+/proline transporter of Escherichia coli, a member of the Na+/solute cotransporter family. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1998;1365:60-4 pubmed..The functional importance of TM II is further confirmed by the observation that replacement of Arg40, Ser50, Ala53, or Ser57 alters transport kinetics dramatically. ..