Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on endosomes in Osnabrück, Lower Saxony, Germany
Locale: Osnabrück, Lower Saxony, Germany
- Lachmann J, Barr F, Ungermann C. The Msb3/Gyp3 GAP controls the activity of the Rab GTPases Vps21 and Ypt7 at endosomes and vacuoles. Mol Biol Cell. 2012;23:2516-26 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that GAPs such as Msb3 can act on multiple substrates in vivo at both ends of a trafficking pathway. This ensures specificity of the subsequent GEF-mediated activation of the Rab that initiates the next transport event...
- Cabrera M, Arlt H, Epp N, Lachmann J, Griffith J, Perz A, et al. Functional separation of endosomal fusion factors and the class C core vacuole/endosome tethering (CORVET) complex in endosome biogenesis. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:5166-75 pubmed publisher..Overall, our study reveals a unique role of CORVET in the sorting of biosynthetic cargo to the vacuole/lysosome...
- Balderhaar H, Lachmann J, Yavavli E, Bröcker C, Lürick A, Ungermann C. The CORVET complex promotes tethering and fusion of Rab5/Vps21-positive membranes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:3823-8 pubmed publisher..We therefore conclude that CORVET is a tethering complex that promotes fusion of Rab5-positive membranes and thus facilitates receptor down-regulation and recycling at the late endosome. ..
- John Peter A, Lachmann J, Rana M, Bunge M, Cabrera M, Ungermann C. The BLOC-1 complex promotes endosomal maturation by recruiting the Rab5 GTPase-activating protein Msb3. J Cell Biol. 2013;201:97-111 pubmed publisher..We thus conclude that BLOC-1 controls the lifetime of active Rab5/Vps21 and thus endosomal maturation along the endocytic pathway. ..
- Balderhaar H, Ungermann C. CORVET and HOPS tethering complexes - coordinators of endosome and lysosome fusion. J Cell Sci. 2013;126:1307-16 pubmed publisher..Here, we discuss the general function of both complexes in yeast and in metazoan cells in the context of endosomal biogenesis and maturation...
- Liss V, Swart A, Kehl A, Hermanns N, Zhang Y, Chikkaballi D, et al. Salmonella enterica Remodels the Host Cell Endosomal System for Efficient Intravacuolar Nutrition. Cell Host Microbe. 2017;21:390-402 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate that formation of the SCV-SIF continuum allows Salmonella to bypass nutritional restriction in the intracellular environment by acquiring nutrients from the host cell endosomal system. ..