Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Hannover, Lower Saxony, Germany
Locale: Hannover, Lower Saxony, Germany
Publications692 found, 100 shown here
- Hoymann H, Wollin L, Muller M, Korolewitz R, Krug N, Braun A, et al. Effects of the phosphodiesterase type 4 inhibitor roflumilast on early and late allergic response and airway hyperresponsiveness in Aspergillus-fumigatus-sensitized mice. Pharmacology. 2009;83:188-95 pubmed publisher..01), 40% (NS) and 67% (p < 0.01), respectively] in BAL fluid versus controls. In this model, roflumilast inhibited the EAR, suppressed AHR and reduced inflammatory cell infiltration. ..
- Tegetmeyer H, Fricke K, Baltes N. An isogenic Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae AasP mutant exhibits altered biofilm formation but retains virulence. Vet Microbiol. 2009;137:392-6 pubmed publisher..No significant differences between AP76 wild-type and AP76DeltaaasP were observed upon experimental infection of pigs, indicating that AasP does not play a crucial role in A. pleuropneumoniae virulence...
- Schiff M, Weinhold B, Grothe C, Hildebrandt H. NCAM and polysialyltransferase profiles match dopaminergic marker gene expression but polysialic acid is dispensable for development of the midbrain dopamine system. J Neurochem. 2009;110:1661-73 pubmed publisher..We conclude that despite its abundance polysialic acid is dispensable for the formation of the mesencephalic dopaminergic system. ..
- Glowacka I, Bertram S, M ller M, Allen P, Soilleux E, Pfefferle S, et al. Evidence that TMPRSS2 activates the severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus spike protein for membrane fusion and reduces viral control by the humoral immune response. J Virol. 2011;85:4122-34 pubmed publisher..In summary, we show that TMPRSS2 might promote viral spread and pathogenesis by diminishing viral recognition by neutralizing antibodies and by activating SARS S for cell-cell and virus-cell fusion...
- Gruene M, Unger C, Koch L, Deiwick A, Chichkov B. Dispensing pico to nanolitre of a natural hydrogel by laser-assisted bioprinting. Biomed Eng Online. 2011;10:19 pubmed publisher..These findings are essential for the advancement of laser-assisted bioprinting by enabling predictable printing results and the integration of computational methods in the generation of 3 D multi-cellular constructs. ..
- Kuhbier J, Reimers K, Kasper C, Allmeling C, Hillmer A, Menger B, et al. First investigation of spider silk as a braided microsurgical suture. J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater. 2011;97:381-7 pubmed publisher..With regards to the mechanical properties, these sutures were superior to nylon sutures. As spider silk displays high biocompatibility in nerve regeneration, its usage in microsurgical nerve repair should be considered. ..
- Loscher W, Rogawski M. How theories evolved concerning the mechanism of action of barbiturates. Epilepsia. 2012;53 Suppl 8:12-25 pubmed publisher..Despite the remarkable progress of the last century, there is still much to learn about the actions of barbiturates that can be applied to the discovery of new, more therapeutically useful agents. ..
- Haastert Talini K, Geuna S, Dahlin L, Meyer C, Stenberg L, Freier T, et al. Chitosan tubes of varying degrees of acetylation for bridging peripheral nerve defects. Biomaterials. 2013;34:9886-904 pubmed publisher..The chitosan tubes combine several pre-requisites for a clinical acceptance and DAII chitosan tubes have to be judged as the most supportive for peripheral nerve regeneration. ..
- Puttur F, Arnold Schrauf C, Lahl K, Solmaz G, Lindenberg M, Mayer C, et al. Absence of Siglec-H in MCMV infection elevates interferon alpha production but does not enhance viral clearance. PLoS Pathog. 2013;9:e1003648 pubmed publisher..Although Siglec-H modulates anti-viral IFN? production, the control of viral replication was unchanged in vivo. The novel mouse models will be valuable to shed further light on pDC biology in future studies. ..
- Hofmeister Brix A, Kollmann K, Langer S, Schultz J, Lenzen S, Baltrusch S. Identification of the ubiquitin-like domain of midnolin as a new glucokinase interaction partner. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:35824-39 pubmed publisher..Thus, the results of our study suggest that midnolin plays a role in cellular signaling of adult tissues and regulates glucokinase enzyme activity in pancreatic beta cells. ..
- Shouval D, Biswas A, Goettel J, McCann K, Conaway E, Redhu N, et al. Interleukin-10 receptor signaling in innate immune cells regulates mucosal immune tolerance and anti-inflammatory macrophage function. Immunity. 2014;40:706-19 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our studies define innate immune IL-10R signaling as a key factor regulating mucosal immune homeostasis in mice and humans. ..
- Suske A, PÃ¶schke A, Schrock P, Kirschner S, Brockmann M, Staszyk C. Infundibula of equine maxillary cheek teeth. Part 1: Development, blood supply and infundibular cementogenesis. Vet J. 2016;209:57-65 pubmed publisher..The results suggest a distinct asymmetry between the infundibula with the mesial infundibulum prone to incomplete cementogenesis due to early blood supply cessation. ..
- Dutzmann J, Musmann R, Haertlé M, Daniel J, Sonnenschein K, Schafer A, et al. The novel mineralocorticoid receptor antagonist finerenone attenuates neointima formation after vascular injury. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184888 pubmed publisher..Thus, finerenone appears to provide favorable vascular effects through restoring vascular integrity and preventing adverse vascular remodeling. ..
- Loscher W. In vivo administration of valproate reduces the nerve terminal (synaptosomal) activity of GABA aminotransferase in discrete brain areas of rats. Neurosci Lett. 1993;160:177-80 pubmed
- Markus M, Husen B, Leenders F, Jungblut P, Hall P, Adamski J. The organelles containing porcine 17 beta-estradiol dehydrogenase are peroxisomes. Eur J Cell Biol. 1995;68:263-7 pubmed..Antibodies against the peroxisomal markers catalase and acyl-CoA oxidase recognize the same organelles in double-labeling studies. This is the first report on the participation of peroxisomes in the metabolism of estradiol. ..
- Schnieder T, Epe C, von Samson Himmelstjerna G, Kohlmetz C. The development of protective immunity against gastrointestinal nematode and lungworm infections after use of an ivermectin bolus in first-year grazing calves. Vet Parasitol. 1996;64:239-50 pubmed..In spite of the effective treatment with an ivermectin bolus during the first year a considerable resistance to gastrointestinal nematode and lungworm infection was present in the second grazing season...
- Liebler Tenorio E, Ridpath J, Neill J. Distribution of viral antigen and development of lesions after experimental infection of calves with a BVDV 2 strain of low virulence. J Vet Diagn Invest. 2003;15:221-32 pubmed..In conclusion, the BVDV strain of low virulence spread to lymphoid tissues and intestinal epithelial cells but was rapidly eliminated. Transient depletion of lymphoid tissues was followed by recovery. ..
- Streetz K, Wüstefeld T, Klein C, Kallen K, Tronche F, Betz U, et al. Lack of gp130 expression in hepatocytes promotes liver injury. Gastroenterology. 2003;125:532-43 pubmed..However, the molecule has an essential role in controlling acute phase gene expression and provides hepatocellular protection after LPS challenge. ..
- Beckmann J, Yan S, Lührs H, Heid B, Skubich S, Forster R, et al. Prolongation of allograft survival in ccr7-deficient mice. Transplantation. 2004;77:1809-14 pubmed..Splenectomy had only a moderate prolongation effect on allograft survival in CCR7 mice. These results suggest that CCR7-dependent processes support allograft rejection yet are dispensable for the rejection response. ..
- von Samson Himmelstjerna G, Fritzen B, Demeler J, Schurmann S, Rohn K, Schnieder T, et al. Cases of reduced cyathostomin egg-reappearance period and failure of Parascaris equorum egg count reduction following ivermectin treatment as well as survey on pyrantel efficacy on German horse farms. Vet Parasitol. 2007;144:74-80 pubmed..On one farm in 2 consecutive years, IVM treatment did not lead to a significant reduction in P. equorum faecal egg counts in one and five young horses, respectively...
- Meier M, Park J, Overheu D, Kirsch T, Lindschau C, Gueler F, et al. Deletion of protein kinase C-beta isoform in vivo reduces renal hypertrophy but not albuminuria in the streptozotocin-induced diabetic mouse model. Diabetes. 2007;56:346-54 pubmed
- Sterzenbach T, Lee S, Brenneke B, von Goetz F, Schauer D, Fox J, et al. Inhibitory effect of enterohepatic Helicobacter hepaticus on innate immune responses of mouse intestinal epithelial cells. Infect Immun. 2007;75:2717-28 pubmed..Suppression of innate immune responses by H. hepaticus LPS thus may affect intestinal responses to the resident microbial flora, epithelial homeostasis, and intestinal inflammatory conditions...
- Kreutzer M, Kreutzer R, Siebert U, Muller G, Reijnders P, Brasseur S, et al. In search of virus carriers of the 1988 and 2002 phocine distemper virus outbreaks in European harbour seals. Arch Virol. 2008;153:187-92 pubmed..However, all samples were negative for morbillivirus nucleic acid. ..
- Anderson N, Meier T, Borlak J. Toxicogenomics applied to cultures of human hepatocytes enabled an identification of novel petasites hybridus extracts for the treatment of migraine with improved hepatobiliary safety. Toxicol Sci. 2009;112:507-20 pubmed publisher..Finally, toxicogenomics enabled the characterization of a novel butterbur extract with no signals for hepatotoxicity. ..
- Leliveld L, Scheumann M, Zimmermann E. Acoustic correlates of individuality in the vocal repertoire of a nocturnal primate (Microcebus murinus). J Acoust Soc Am. 2011;129:2278-88 pubmed publisher..The findings suggest that variations in individual distinctiveness can to some extent be explained by the context and the acoustic structure of the call types...
- Machtens J, Kovermann P, Fahlke C. Substrate-dependent gating of anion channels associated with excitatory amino acid transporter 4. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:23780-8 pubmed publisher..We conclude that all voltage- and substrate-dependent conformational changes of the EAAT4 anion channel are linked to transitions within the transport cycle. ..
- Kinast L, von der Ohe J, Burhenne H, Seifert R. Impairment of adenylyl cyclase 2 function and expression in hypoxanthine phosphoribosyltransferase-deficient rat B103 neuroblastoma cells as model for Lesch-Nyhan disease: BODIPY-forskolin as pharmacological tool. Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol. 2012;385:671-83 pubmed publisher..We discuss the pathophysiological implications of our data for LND. ..
- Daenthanasanmak A, Salguero G, Borchers S, Figueiredo C, Jacobs R, Sundarasetty B, et al. Integrase-defective lentiviral vectors encoding cytokines induce differentiation of human dendritic cells and stimulate multivalent immune responses in vitro and in vivo. Vaccine. 2012;30:5118-31 pubmed publisher
- Moschovakis G, Forster R. Multifaceted activities of CCR7 regulate T-cell homeostasis in health and disease. Eur J Immunol. 2012;42:1949-55 pubmed publisher..In this review, we highlight these findings and discuss recently proposed functions of the CCR7 pathway in the induction and maintenance of chronic inflammation. ..
- Schlensker E, Distl O. Heritability of hemivertebrae in the French bulldog using an animal threshold model. Vet J. 2016;207:188-189 pubmed publisher..The prevalence of hemivertebrae could increase if dogs with shorter tails are preferentially selected for breeding purposes. ..
- Koch M, Poehnert D, Nashan B. Effects of FTY720 on peripheral blood lymphocytes and graft infiltrating cells in a rat model of chronic renal allograft rejection. Transpl Immunol. 2016;35:12-7 pubmed publisher..Graft survival was not prolonged by FTY720 treatment starting late after kidney transplantation. ..
- Wullenweber M. Streptobacillus moniliformis--a zoonotic pathogen. Taxonomic considerations, host species, diagnosis, therapy, geographical distribution. Lab Anim. 1995;29:1-15 pubmed
- Sommer A, Bousset K, Kremmer E, Austen M, Luscher B. Identification and characterization of specific DNA-binding complexes containing members of the Myc/Max/Mad network of transcriptional regulators. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:6632-42 pubmed..Our findings establish conditions for the analysis of DNA binding of Myc/Max/Mad complexes and indicate posttranslational regulation of the Max/Max complex. ..
- Petrunkina A, Harrison R, Ekhlasi Hundrieser M, Töpfer Petersen E. Role of volume-stimulated osmolyte and anion channels in volume regulation by mammalian sperm. Mol Hum Reprod. 2004;10:815-23 pubmed..Our observations provide direct evidence that a chloride channel (possibly ClC-3) is involved in the process of volume regulation in mammalian sperm. ..
- Nakamura M, Rosahl S, Alkahlout E, Walter G, Samii M. Electrical stimulation of the cochlear nerve in rats: analysis of c-Fos expression in auditory brainstem nuclei. Brain Res. 2005;1031:39-55 pubmed..This could be particularly helpful in studies of differential activation of the central auditory system by experimental cochlear and brainstem implants. ..
- Hidalgo P, Neely A. Multiplicity of protein interactions and functions of the voltage-gated calcium channel beta-subunit. Cell Calcium. 2007;42:389-96 pubmed..Certainly the identification of additional binding partners and effector pathways will help to understand how the different beta-subunit-mediated processes are interwoven. ..
- Schaudien D, Meyer H, Grunwald D, Janssen H, Wohlsein P. Concurrent infection of a cat with cowpox virus and feline parvovirus. J Comp Pathol. 2007;137:151-4 pubmed..This co-infection did not result in a more severe and rapid course of the poxvirus-associated disease...
- Spötter A, Muller S, Hamann H, Distl O. Effect of polymorphisms in the genes for LIF and RBP4 on litter size in two German pig lines. Reprod Domest Anim. 2009;44:100-5 pubmed publisher..24 +/- 0.11 (p = 0.027) and a significant dominance effect of 0.31 +/- 0.13 (p = 0.020) were found in GL over all parities and confirmed through the evaluations by parity. ..
- Kreutzer R, Kreutzer M, Sewell A, Techangamsuwan S, Leeb T, Baumgartner W. Impact of beta-galactosidase mutations on the expression of the canine lysosomal multienzyme complex. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2009;1792:982-7 pubmed publisher..The findings reveal a possible adaptive process in GLB1 homozygous mutant and heterozygous individuals that could facilitate the design of efficient therapeutic strategies. ..
- Glowacka I, Bertram S, Herzog P, Pfefferle S, Steffen I, Muench M, et al. Differential downregulation of ACE2 by the spike proteins of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus and human coronavirus NL63. J Virol. 2010;84:1198-205 pubmed publisher..Finally, SARS-CoV but not NL63 replicated efficiently in ACE2-positive Vero cells and reduced ACE2 expression, indicating robust receptor interference in the context of SARS-CoV but not NL63 infection...
- Baumgarten A, Wilhelmi M, Kalbantner K, Ganter M, Mischke R. Measurement of platelet aggregation in ovine blood using a new impedance aggregometer. Vet Clin Pathol. 2010;39:149-56 pubmed publisher..Hirudin-anticoagulated blood is the preferred sample material. ..
- Demeler J, Küttler U, von Samson Himmelstjerna G. Adaptation and evaluation of three different in vitro tests for the detection of resistance to anthelmintics in gastro intestinal nematodes of cattle. Vet Parasitol. 2010;170:61-70 pubmed publisher..001) with an RR of 2 for TBZ. With the standardization of the described tests we report reproducible and reliable in vitro methods for the detection of resistance to IVM (LDT, LMIT and MMT) and TBZ (LDT) for cattle parasitic nematodes...
- Dolowschiak T, Chassin C, Ben Mkaddem S, Fuchs T, Weiss S, Vandewalle A, et al. Potentiation of epithelial innate host responses by intercellular communication. PLoS Pathog. 2010;6:e1001194 pubmed publisher..This is the first report to describe epithelial cell-cell communication in response to innate immune activation. Epithelial communication facilitates a coordinated infectious host defence at the very early stage of microbial infection. ..
- Müller Deile J, Schiffer M. Renal involvement in preeclampsia: similarities to VEGF ablation therapy. J Pregnancy. 2011;2011:176973 pubmed publisher..The aim of this paper was to summarize our pathophysiological understanding of the renal involvement of preeclampsia and point out similarities to the renal side effects of VEGF-ablation therapy. ..
- Neiber M, Hartke T, Stemme T, Bergmann A, Rust J, Iliffe T, et al. Global biodiversity and phylogenetic evaluation of remipedia (crustacea). PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e19627 pubmed publisher..We believe that a taxonomic revision of Remipedia is absolutely essential, and that a comprehensive revision should include a reappraisal of the fossil record. ..
- Joetzke A, Eberle N, Nolte I, Mischke R, Simon D. Flow cytometric evaluation of peripheral blood and bone marrow and fine-needle aspirate samples from multiple sites in dogs with multicentric lymphoma. Am J Vet Res. 2012;73:884-93 pubmed publisher..Results suggested that flow cytometry may aid in detection of extranodal lymphoma involvement in dogs, but further research is needed. Most fine-needle aspirates of liver and spleen were suitable for flow cytometric evaluation. ..
- Duehlmeier R, Fluegge I, Schwert B, Ganter M. Insulin sensitivity during late gestation in ewes affected by pregnancy toxemia and in ewes with high and low susceptibility to this disorder. J Vet Intern Med. 2013;27:359-66 pubmed publisher..This insulin resistance might represent 1 causative factor in the pathogenesis of ovine pregnancy toxemia. ..
- Hohlfeld J. The role of surfactant in asthma. Respir Res. 2002;3:4 pubmed..This review summarizes the current knowledge on surfactant functions regarding the airway compartment and highlights the impact of various surfactant components on allergic inflammation in asthma. ..
- Leeb T, Rohrer G. Characterization and chromosome assignment of the porcine AHCY gene for S-adenosylhomocysteine hydrolase. Cytogenet Genome Res. 2002;97:116-9 pubmed..The chromosomal localization was subsequently confirmed by RH mapping and the genetic mapping of an intragenic microsatellite that maps to 57 cM on the linkage map of SSC17. ..
- Glaab T, Hecker H, Stephan M, Baelder R, Braun A, Korolewitz R, et al. Comparison of non-invasive measures of cholinergic and allergic airway responsiveness in rats. Acta Physiol (Oxf). 2006;186:301-8 pubmed..We conclude that non-invasive assessment of EF50 is significantly superior to Tme/TE and serves as a suitable and valid tool for phenotypic screening of cholinergic and allergic airway responsiveness in rats. ..
- Schambach A, Galla M, Maetzig T, Loew R, Baum C. Improving transcriptional termination of self-inactivating gamma-retroviral and lentiviral vectors. Mol Ther. 2007;15:1167-73 pubmed..Importantly, the 2xSV USE was superior to the wPRE in suppressing transcriptional read-through, improving not only vector efficiency but potentially also biosafety. ..
- Kamm K, Schierwater B. Ancient linkage of a POU class 6 and an anterior Hox-like gene in cnidaria: implications for the evolution of homeobox genes. J Exp Zool B Mol Dev Evol. 2007;308:777-84 pubmed..Hence, the much tighter linkage of a POU class 6 gene to an anterior Hox-like gene in a cnidarian is possibly the evolutionary echo of an ancestral genomic region from which most metazoan homeobox classes emerged. ..
- Heppelmann M, Rehage J, Kofler J, Starke A. Ultrasonographic diagnosis of septic arthritis of the distal interphalangeal joint in cattle. Vet J. 2009;179:407-16 pubmed..0) for the diagnosis of septic arthritis when a threshold value of 6mm was used. Ultrasonographic examination of the DIJ appeared to be a reliable method for confirming a tentative clinical diagnosis of septic arthritis in cattle. ..
- Hartwig C, Tschernig T, Mazzega M, Braun A, Neumann D. Endogenous IL-18 in experimentally induced asthma affects cytokine serum levels but is irrelevant for clinical symptoms. Cytokine. 2008;42:298-305 pubmed publisher..Thus, in contrast to conflicting data in the literature IL-18 did not suppress or enhance the pulmonary allergic immune response in a murine experimental model of asthma. ..
- Gellrich N, Stuehmer C, Bormann K, Mücke I, Schramm A, Eysel U, et al. Degeneration of retinal ganglion cells after optic nerve sheath fenestration in an experimental rat model. J Neuroophthalmol. 2009;29:275-80 pubmed publisher..05) in the number and size of RGCs and amacrine cells. Optic nerve axons were undisturbed. Although ONSF does not apparently injure the optic nerve axons, loss and shrinkage of RGCs is a caution when considering ONSF as a treatment. ..
- Kokemueller H, Spalthoff S, Nolff M, Tavassol F, Essig H, Stuehmer C, et al. Prefabrication of vascularized bioartificial bone grafts in vivo for segmental mandibular reconstruction: experimental pilot study in sheep and first clinical application. Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2010;39:379-87 pubmed publisher..In clinical practice, vascularized bioartificial bone grafts could change the principles of bone transplantation with minimal donor site morbidity and no shape or volume limitations. ..
- Zscheppang K, Dork T, Schmiedl A, Jones F, Dammann C. Neuregulin receptor ErbB4 functions as a transcriptional cofactor for the expression of surfactant protein B in the fetal lung. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2011;45:761-7 pubmed publisher..We conclude that ErbB4 directly regulates important aspects of fetal lung maturation that help prepare for the fetal-neonatal transition. ..
- Pott J, Mahlakõiv T, Mordstein M, Duerr C, Michiels T, Stockinger S, et al. IFN-lambda determines the intestinal epithelial antiviral host defense. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:7944-9 pubmed publisher..These results are unique in identifying a critical role of IFN-? in the epithelial antiviral host defense. ..
- Srivastav R, Schwede S, Klaus M, Schwermann J, Gaestel M, Niedenthal R. Monitoring protein-protein interactions in mammalian cells by trans-SUMOylation. Biochem J. 2011;438:495-503 pubmed publisher..The ability of TRS to monitor protein interactions in mammalian cells in vivo at levels similar to endogenous expression makes it an excellent new tool that can help in defining the protein interactome of mammalian cells. ..
- Lupp B, Reinhardt M, Maus F, Hellige M, Feige K, Distl O. Right-sided cleft lip and jaw in a family of Vorderwald × Montbéliarde cattle. Vet J. 2012;192:520-2 pubmed publisher..The affected animals were inbred on Montbéliarde sires, with inbreeding coefficients of 0.39% in one calf and 6.25% in two calves. Pedigree analysis supported the hypothesis of an autosomal recessive mode of inheritance...
- Vauth M, Möhner D, Beermann S, Seifert R, Neumann D. Histamine via the histamine H?-receptor reduces ?-CD3-induced interferon-? synthesis in murine CD4+ T cells in an indirect manner. J Interferon Cytokine Res. 2012;32:185-90 pubmed publisher..Thus, the histamine effect is mediated by a soluble factor, which, however, is neither of the classical anti-inflammatory mediators, interleukin-10, or transforming growth factor-?. ..
- Abdulmawjood A, Krischek C, Wicke M, Klein G. Determination of pig sex in meat and meat products using multiplex real time-PCR. Meat Sci. 2012;91:272-6 pubmed publisher..No amplification was obtained with cow, goat, sheep, turkey and chicken genomic DNA. The presented assay can be used for sex diagnosis, for the detection of male pig meat and for meat quality control. ..
- Thau N, Knippenberg S, Körner S, Rath K, Dengler R, Petri S. Decreased mRNA expression of PGC-1? and PGC-1?-regulated factors in the SOD1G93A ALS mouse model and in human sporadic ALS. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 2012;71:1064-74 pubmed publisher..Our data provide evidence for a role of PGC-1? in mitochondrial dysfunction both in the ALS mouse model and in human sporadic ALS that is probably most relevant in the skeletal muscle. ..
- Dittrich A, Meyer H, Hamelmann E. The role of lipocalins in airway disease. Clin Exp Allergy. 2013;43:503-11 pubmed publisher..This new class of proteins is another putative candidate for the development of novel drugs against airway inflammation. ..
- Ochs M, Mühlfeld C. Quantitative microscopy of the lung: a problem-based approach. Part 1: basic principles of lung stereology. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2013;305:L15-22 pubmed publisher..Thus, with this review, we hope to close the gap between theory and practice and enhance the use of stereological techniques in pulmonary research. ..
- Maroz A, Stachorski L, Emmrich S, Reinhardt K, Xu J, Shao Z, et al. GATA1s induces hyperproliferation of eosinophil precursors in Down syndrome transient leukemia. Leukemia. 2014;28:1259-70 pubmed publisher..These data suggest a direct relationship between the N-terminal truncating mutations of GATA1 and clonal eosinophilia in DS patients. ..
- Liu X, Trakooljul N, MurÃ¡ni E, Krischek C, Schellander K, Wicke M, et al. Molecular changes in mitochondrial respiratory activity and metabolic enzyme activity in muscle of four pig breeds with distinct metabolic types. J Bioenerg Biomembr. 2016;48:55-65 pubmed publisher..Overall, the results further the breed-specific understanding of the molecular basis of metabolic enzyme activities, which directly impact meat quality. ..
- Wanek T, Halilbasic E, Visentin M, Mairinger S, RÃ¶mermann K, Stieger B, et al. Influence of 24-Nor-Ursodeoxycholic Acid on Hepatic Disposition of [(18)F]Ciprofloxacin, a Positron Emission Tomography Study in Mice. J Pharm Sci. 2016;105:106-12 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our data suggest that changes in hepatic [(18)F]ciprofloxacin disposition in mice after norUDCA treatment were caused by induction of basolateral Mrp4 in hepatocytes. ..
- Motrich R, Breser M, SÃ¡nchez L, Godoy G, Prinz I, Rivero V. IL-17 is not essential for inflammation and chronic pelvic pain development in an experimental model of chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome. Pain. 2016;157:585-97 pubmed publisher..The absence of Th1 or Th2 cytokines, respectively, diminishes or enhances EAP susceptibility. In addition, IL-17 showed not to be essential for pathology induction and chronic pelvic pain development. ..
- Goerke A, Sakai N, Gutjahr E, Schlapkohl W, Mushinski J, Haller H, et al. Induction of apoptosis by protein kinase C delta is independent of its kinase activity. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:32054-62 pubmed..Our results indicate that distinct protein kinase C isozymes induce apoptosis in vascular smooth muscle cells. More importantly, they show that some protein kinase C effector functions are independent of the catalytic activity. ..
- Oster H, Abraham D, Leitges M. Expression of the protein kinase D (PKD) family during mouse embryogenesis. Gene Expr Patterns. 2006;6:400-8 pubmed..Using specific probe sets for RT-PCR and in situ hybridization, we demonstrate shared and differential expression domains for the three PKD family members in both neuronal and non-neuronal tissues. ..
- Klinge P, Samii A, Niescken S, Brinker T, Silverberg G. Brain amyloid accumulates in aged rats with kaolin-induced hydrocephalus. Neuroreport. 2006;17:657-60 pubmed..The pattern of Abeta deposition and lipoprotein receptor-related protein-1 loss suggests reduced Abeta clearance in chronic hydrocephalus...
- Bleich E, Leonhard Marek S, Beyerbach M, Breves G. Characterisation of chloride currents across the proximal colon in CftrTgH(neoim)1Hgu congenic mice. J Comp Physiol B. 2007;177:61-73 pubmed..In contrast, there was no evidence for alternative chloride conductances in BALB/c WT animals, but we cannot exclude that in WT mice a higher chloride secretion via Cftr-channels may have masked an alternative chloride secretion...
- von Holtum C, Strube C, Schnieder T, von Samson Himmelstjerna G. Development and evaluation of a recombinant antigen-based ELISA for serodiagnosis of cattle lungworm. Vet Parasitol. 2008;151:218-26 pubmed..Thus, we conclude that the ELISA using the recombinant MSP-fusion protein appears to be a suitable method for routine diagnosis and epidemiological studies of cattle lungworm...
- Christgen M, Bruchhardt H, Hadamitzky C, Rudolph C, Steinemann D, Gadzicki D, et al. Comprehensive genetic and functional characterization of IPH-926: a novel CDH1-null tumour cell line from human lobular breast cancer. J Pathol. 2009;217:620-32 pubmed publisher..In summary, IPH-926 significantly extends the biological spectrum of the established breast cancer cell lines and will facilitate functional analyses of genuine human ILBC cells in vitro and in vivo. ..
- Schade J, Schmiedl A, Stephan M, Pabst R, von Horsten S. Transferred T cells preferentially adhere in the BALT of CD26-deficient recipient lungs during asthma. Immunobiology. 2010;215:321-31 pubmed publisher..Instead, the present findings suggest that the lack of the CD26 peptidase function in BALT might cause an overflow of a T-cell chemoattractant, which yet remains to be identified. ..
- Gonzalez Gutierrez G, Miranda Laferte E, Contreras G, Neely A, Hidalgo P. Swapping the I-II intracellular linker between L-type CaV1.2 and R-type CaV2.3 high-voltage gated calcium channels exchanges activation attributes. Channels (Austin). 2010;4:42-50 pubmed
- Michael S, Keubler L, Smoczek A, Meier M, Gunzer F, Pöhlmann C, et al. Quantitative phenotyping of inflammatory bowel disease in the IL-10-deficient mouse by use of noninvasive magnetic resonance imaging. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2013;19:185-93 pubmed publisher..Therefore, this noninvasive technique might be highly advantageous for an individual follow-up of colitis development in chronic models of IBD, facilitating the reduction of animal numbers in this kind of research. ..
- Zietara N, Łyszkiewicz M, Witzlau K, Naumann R, Hurwitz R, Langemeier J, et al. Critical role for miR-181a/b-1 in agonist selection of invariant natural killer T cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:7407-12 pubmed publisher..Our results define a critical role of miR-181a/b-1 in early iNKT cell development and show that miR-181a/b-1 sets a TCR signaling threshold for agonist selection. ..
- Wohlke A, Drogemuller C, Kuiper H, Leeb T, Distl O. Molecular characterization and chromosomal assignment of the bovine glycinamide ribonucleotide formyltransferase (GART) gene on cattle chromosome 1q12.1-q12.2. Gene. 2005;348:73-81 pubmed..Comparative genome analysis between cattle, human and mouse indicates that the chromosomal location of the bovine GART gene is in agreement with a previously published mapping report. ..
- Schulte I, Bektas H, Klempnauer J, Borlak J. Vitamin E in heart transplantation: effects on cardiac gene expression. Transplantation. 2006;81:736-45 pubmed..Based on transcript profiling, we propose a novel role of vitamin E in transplant surgery. Our findings warrant further studies to explore its clinical application. ..
- Lautenbach A, Budde A, Wrann C, Teichmann B, Vieten G, Karl T, et al. Obesity and the associated mediators leptin, estrogen and IGF-I enhance the cell proliferation and early tumorigenesis of breast cancer cells. Nutr Cancer. 2009;61:484-91 pubmed publisher..Body weight specific cell proliferation suggests that obesity-related adipokines and mediators enhance cell proliferation and increase the risk for breast cancer. ..
- Friedrich S, Schwabe K, Klein R, Krusche C, Krauss J, Nakamura M. Comparative morphological and immunohistochemical study of human meningioma after intracranial transplantation into nude mice. J Neurosci Methods. 2012;205:1-9 pubmed publisher..This model may therefore be suitable to test novel therapeutic agents. ..
- Mömke S, Sickinger M, Rehage J, Doll K, Distl O. Transcription factor binding site polymorphism in the motilin gene associated with left-sided displacement of the abomasum in German Holstein cattle. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e35562 pubmed publisher..This MLN SNP appears useful to reduce the incidence of LDA in German Holstein cattle and provides a first step towards a deeper understanding of the genetics of LDA. ..
- Harting T, Stubbendorff M, Hammer S, Schadzek P, Ngezahayo A, Murua Escobar H, et al. Dichloroacetate affects proliferation but not apoptosis in canine mammary cell lines. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0178744 pubmed publisher..Further, the effect on apoptosis and several apoptotic proteins, proliferation, and microRNA expression was evaluated. Dichloroacetate was found to reduce cell proliferation without inducing apoptosis in all examined cell lines. ..