Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Göttingen, Lower Saxony, Germany
Locale: Göttingen, Lower Saxony, Germany
Publications513 found, 100 shown here
- Bakhiya A, Bahn A, Burckhardt G, Wolff N. Human organic anion transporter 3 (hOAT3) can operate as an exchanger and mediate secretory urate flux. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2003;13:249-56 pubmed..These data indicate that OAT3 does not represent a uniporter but operates as an organic ion%dicarboxylate exchanger similar to OAT1, and may mediate renal urate secretion. ..
- Knerlich F, Verheggen R. Neurological picture. Feeding cats might be dangerous: penetrating orbital and brain injury without neurological deficits. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2005;76:1359 pubmed
- Kron M, Mörschel M, Reuter J, Zhang W, Dutschmann M. Developmental changes in brain-derived neurotrophic factor-mediated modulations of synaptic activities in the pontine Kölliker-Fuse nucleus of the rat. J Physiol. 2007;583:315-27 pubmed..After maturation, BDNF contributes to modulation of fast excitatory neurotransmission in respiratory-related KF neurones. This may be important for network plasticity associated with the processing of afferent information. ..
- Meineke C, Tzvetkov M, Bokelmann K, Oetjen E, Hirsch Ernst K, Kaiser R, et al. Functional characterization of a -100_-102delAAG deletion-insertion polymorphism in the promoter region of the HTR3B gene. Pharmacogenet Genomics. 2008;18:219-30 pubmed publisher..The -100_-102delAAG 3 bp deletion increases the HTR3B promoter activity in vitro. The consequences of this for the structure and the function of the resulting 5-HT3 receptors remain to be elucidated. ..
- Schliephake H, Zghoul N, Jager V, van Griensven M, Zeichen J, Gelinsky M, et al. Effect of seeding technique and scaffold material on bone formation in tissue-engineered constructs. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2009;90:429-37 pubmed publisher..The culture period additionally affected the amount of bone formed, whereas the type of culturing may have had a positive effect on the expression of osteogenic markers but not on the quantity of bone formation. ..
- Dowling P, Klinker F, Stadelmann C, Hasan K, Paulus W, Liebetanz D. Dopamine D3 receptor specifically modulates motor and sensory symptoms in iron-deficient mice. J Neurosci. 2011;31:70-7 pubmed publisher..Furthermore this study suggests an increase of ID-related sensory symptoms and modification of ID-related motor symptoms by D3R-/-. ..
- Heuer J, Pelosi P, Hermann P, Perske C, Crozier T, Bruck W, et al. Acute effects of intracranial hypertension and ARDS on pulmonary and neuronal damage: a randomized experimental study in pigs. Intensive Care Med. 2011;37:1182-91 pubmed publisher..Increased extravascular lung water is an early marker. ARDS has a detrimental effect on the brain and acts synergistically with intracranial hypertension to cause histological hippocampal damage. ..
- Studencka M, Konzer A, Moneron G, Wenzel D, Opitz L, Salinas Riester G, et al. Novel roles of Caenorhabditis elegans heterochromatin protein HP1 and linker histone in the regulation of innate immune gene expression. Mol Cell Biol. 2012;32:251-65 pubmed publisher..Our results highlight an antimicrobial role of HIS-24K14me1 and suggest a functional link between epigenetic regulation by an HP1/H1 complex and the innate immune system in C. elegans. ..
- Patschan D, Hildebrandt A, Rinneburger J, Wessels J, Patschan S, Becker J, et al. The hormone melatonin stimulates renoprotective effects of "early outgrowth" endothelial progenitor cells in acute ischemic kidney injury. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2012;302:F1305-12 pubmed publisher..In summary, melatonin was identified as a new agonist of eEPCs in acute ischemic kidney injury. ..
- Ninkovic M, Mitkovski M, Kohl T, Stuhmer W, Pardo L. Physical and functional interaction of KV10.1 with Rabaptin-5 impacts ion channel trafficking. FEBS Lett. 2012;586:3077-84 pubmed publisher..1, indicating a role of Rabaptin-5 in channel trafficking. K(V)10.1 co-localizes, but does not physically interact, with Rab7 and Rab11. Our data highlights the complex control of the amount of K(V)10.1 channels on the cell surface. ..
- Goulding M, Chalepakis G, Deutsch U, Erselius J, Gruss P. Pax-3, a novel murine DNA binding protein expressed during early neurogenesis. EMBO J. 1991;10:1135-47 pubmed..In 10-12 day embryos, expression of Pax-3 is also seen in neural crest cells of the developing spinal ganglia, the craniofacial mesectoderm and in limb mesenchyme of 10 and 11 day embryos. ..
- Stuhmer W, Ruppersberg J, Schröter K, Sakmann B, Stocker M, Giese K, et al. Molecular basis of functional diversity of voltage-gated potassium channels in mammalian brain. EMBO J. 1989;8:3235-44 pubmed
- Balling R, Deutsch U, Gruss P. undulated, a mutation affecting the development of the mouse skeleton, has a point mutation in the paired box of Pax 1. Cell. 1988;55:531-5 pubmed..The chromosomal location and the mutation in the paired box of un mice in conjunction with Pax 1 gene expression in wild-type mice implicate a causative role of Pax 1 in generation of the vertebral column. ..
- Ruden D, Jackle H. Mitotic delay dependent survival identifies components of cell cycle control in the Drosophila blastoderm. Development. 1995;121:63-73 pubmed
- Hosang K, Scheit K. cDNA cloning identified a calmodulin-binding protein in bovine seminal plasma as bovine C-type natriuretic peptide. DNA Cell Biol. 1994;13:409-17 pubmed..Sequence comparison yielded high homologies to human C-type natriuretic peptide. We conclude from this result that bSVSP15 is identical with the hitherto unknown bovine C-type natriuretic peptide. ..
- Sauermann U, Arents A, Hunsmann G. PCR-RFLP-based Mamu-DQB1 typing of rhesus monkeys: characterization of two novel alleles. Tissue Antigens. 1996;47:319-28 pubmed..Since we typed four complete breeding groups consisting of two generations we were able to identify several DQ haplotypes by segregation analysis using the previously developed typing protocol for DQA1. ..
- Benli M, Doring F, Robinson D, Yang X, Gallwitz D. Two GTPase isoforms, Ypt31p and Ypt32p, are essential for Golgi function in yeast. EMBO J. 1996;15:6460-75 pubmed..From the phenotypic alterations observed in ypt31 and ypt32 mutants, it seems likely that the two GTPases are involved in intra-Golgi transport or in the formation of transport vesicles at the most distal Golgi compartment. ..
- Leeb T, Neumann S, Deppe A, Breen M, Brenig B. Genomic organization of the dog dystroglycan gene DAG1 locus on chromosome 20q15.1-q15.2. Genome Res. 2000;10:295-301 pubmed..Therefore, this study defines a novel syntenic region among dog chromosome 20q15, human chromosome 3p21, and murine chromosome 9F. ..
- Burckhardt G, Wolff N. Structure of renal organic anion and cation transporters. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2000;278:F853-66 pubmed..On the basis of comparison of the structurally closely related OATs and OCTs, it may be possible to delineate the binding sites for organic anions and cations in future experiments...
- Ricotta D, Conner S, Schmid S, von Figura K, Honing S. Phosphorylation of the AP2 mu subunit by AAK1 mediates high affinity binding to membrane protein sorting signals. J Cell Biol. 2002;156:791-5 pubmed..We propose that phosphorylation of the AP2 mu 2 subunit by AAK1 ensures high affinity binding of AP2 to sorting signals of cargo membrane proteins during the initial steps of receptor-mediated endocytosis. ..
- Shamsadin R, Adham I, Engel W. Mouse pelota gene (Pelo): cDNA cloning, genomic structure, and chromosomal localization. Cytogenet Genome Res. 2002;97:95-9 pubmed..Cloning of the mouse gene is an important step to study the function of the pelota gene in mammals and to create a mouse model for this evolutionarily conserved gene. ..
- Schwarzacher S, Pestean A, Gunther S, Ballanyi K. Serotonergic modulation of respiratory motoneurons and interneurons in brainstem slices of perinatal rats. Neuroscience. 2002;115:1247-59 pubmed..The excitatory effects on respiratory rhythm are also primarily attributable to postsynaptic 5-HT2 receptors of pre-BötC neurons. Additional modulatory effects on the interneurons appear to be mediated by postsynaptic 5-HT1A receptors. ..
- Hasselblatt M, Bunte M, Dringen R, Tabernero A, Medina J, Giaume C, et al. Effect of endothelin-1 on astrocytic protein content. Glia. 2003;42:390-7 pubmed..This hypertrophic response involves uncoupling of the astrocytic gap junctional network and is not dependent on DNA synthesis. ..
- Kappler R, Bauer R, Calzada Wack J, Rosemann M, Hemmerlein B, Hahn H. Profiling the molecular difference between Patched- and p53-dependent rhabdomyosarcoma. Oncogene. 2004;23:8785-95 pubmed..If the described differences can be confirmed in human RMS our results will contribute to a new molecular taxonomy of this cancer, which will be critical for gene mutation- and expression-specific therapy. ..
- Heyer A, Hasselblatt M, von Ahsen N, Hafner H, SIREN A, Ehrenreich H. In vitro gender differences in neuronal survival on hypoxia and in 17beta-estradiol-mediated neuroprotection. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2005;25:427-30 pubmed..Estrogens, acting via membrane receptors, had a higher neuroprotective power in male neurons, explained at least in part by the pronounced increase in estrogen receptor beta/alpha ratio during hypoxia in male cells only. ..
- Schmidt H, Raasch J, Merkler D, Klinker F, Krauss S, Bruck W, et al. Type I interferon receptor signalling is induced during demyelination while its function for myelin damage and repair is redundant. Exp Neurol. 2009;216:306-11 pubmed publisher..Finally, myelin recovery was found to be independent from endogenous IFNAR signalling, indicating a redundant role of this receptor for non-inflammatory myelin damage and repair. ..
- Golas M, Böhm C, Sander B, Effenberger K, Brecht M, Stark H, et al. Snapshots of the RNA editing machine in trypanosomes captured at different assembly stages in vivo. EMBO J. 2009;28:766-78 pubmed publisher..Variability analysis indicates that subsets of complexes lack or possess additional domains, suggesting binding sites for components. Together, a picture of the RNA editing machinery is provided. ..
- Gomez Varela D, Kohl T, Schmidt M, Rubio M, Kawabe H, Nehring R, et al. Characterization of Eag1 channel lateral mobility in rat hippocampal cultures by single-particle-tracking with quantum dots. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e8858 pubmed publisher..The location-dependent constraints imposed by cytoskeletal elements together with the regulatory role of electrical activity strongly suggest a pivotal role for the mobility of voltage-gated ion channels in synaptic activity. ..
- Wang L, Klein R, Zheng B, Marquardt T. Anatomical coupling of sensory and motor nerve trajectory via axon tracking. Neuron. 2011;71:263-77 pubmed publisher..Assembly of peripheral nerve pathways thus involves motor axon subtype-specific signals that couple sensory projections to discrete motor pathways. ..
- Garea Rodríguez E, Schlumbohm C, Czeh B, König J, Helms G, Heckmann C, et al. Visualizing dopamine transporter integrity with iodine-123-FP-CIT SPECT in combination with high resolution MRI in the brain of the common marmoset monkey. J Neurosci Methods. 2012;210:195-201 pubmed publisher..The presented study demonstrates that ¹²³I-FP-CIT SPECT is a suitable tool to investigate DAT integrity in preclinical studies on common marmosets. ..
- Eisbach S, Outeiro T. Alpha-synuclein and intracellular trafficking: impact on the spreading of Parkinson's disease pathology. J Mol Med (Berl). 2013;91:693-703 pubmed publisher..Here, we discuss the molecular interplay of ?-synuclein with the intracellular transport machinery, its consequences, and the implications for disease mechanisms. ..
- Hoon M, Krishnamoorthy V, Gollisch T, Falkenburger B, Varoqueaux F. Loss of Neuroligin3 specifically downregulates retinal GABAA?2 receptors without abolishing direction selectivity. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0181011 pubmed publisher..Together our data underscore the importance of NL3 for the integrity of specific GABAAergic retinal circuits and identifies NL3 as an important regulator of retinal activity. ..
- Hanes J, von Der Kammer H, Kristjansson G, Scheit K. The complete cDNA coding sequence for the mouse CDEI binding protein. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1993;1216:154-6 pubmed..The cDNA encodes a protein of 695 amino acid residues. The derived amino acid sequence displays a sequence identity to human amyloid precursor-like protein (APLP) of > 92%. ..
- Schmoelzl S, Leeb T, Brinkmeier H, Brem G, Brenig B. Regulation of tissue-specific expression of the skeletal muscle ryanodine receptor gene. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:4763-9 pubmed
- Tremblay P, Pituello F, Gruss P. Inhibition of floor plate differentiation by Pax3: evidence from ectopic expression in transgenic mice. Development. 1996;122:2555-67 pubmed..Under these conditions, motor neurons still differentiated in the ventral spinal cord, although in fewer numbers. ..
- La Rosée A, Hader T, Taubert H, Rivera Pomar R, Jackle H. Mechanism and Bicoid-dependent control of hairy stripe 7 expression in the posterior region of the Drosophila embryo. EMBO J. 1997;16:4403-11 pubmed..The results suggest that the gradients of Bicoid and Caudal combine their activities to activate segmentation genes along the entire axis of the embryo. ..
- Obermuller S, Kiecke C, von Figura K, Honing S. The tyrosine motifs of Lamp 1 and LAP determine their direct and indirect targetting to lysosomes. J Cell Sci. 2002;115:185-94 pubmed..In conclusion, the residues +2 and +3 of the tyrosine motifs determine the sorting of Lamp 1 and LAP in endosomes, mediating either the direct or the indirect pathway to lysosomes. ..
- Kietzmann T, Samoylenko A, Roth U, Jungermann K. Hypoxia-inducible factor-1 and hypoxia response elements mediate the induction of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 gene expression by insulin in primary rat hepatocytes. Blood. 2003;101:907-14 pubmed..Thus, the insulin-dependent activation of the PAI-1 gene expression can be mediated via the PI3K/PKB pathway and the transcription factor HIF-1 binding to the HREs in the PAI-1 gene promoter. ..
- Hagos Y, Burckhardt B, Larsen A, Mathys C, Gronow T, Bahn A, et al. Regulation of sodium-dicarboxylate cotransporter-3 from winter flounder kidney by protein kinase C. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2004;286:F86-93 pubmed..In conclusion, fNaDC-3 expressed in oocytes is downregulated by PMA through endocytosis. PKC consensus sites appear not to be important for this process. ..
- Attin T, Meyer K, Hellwig E, Buchalla W, Lennon A. Effect of mineral supplements to citric acid on enamel erosion. Arch Oral Biol. 2003;48:753-9 pubmed..However, with the low concentrations applied enamel dissolution could not be completely prevented. ..
- Afelik S, Chen Y, Pieler T. Pancreatic protein disulfide isomerase (XPDIp) is an early marker for the exocrine lineage of the developing pancreas in Xenopus laevis embryos. Gene Expr Patterns. 2004;4:71-6 pubmed..By whole mount in situ hybridization it is detected as early as stage 39 in the exocrine lineage of the developing pancreas; RT-PCR reveals onset of expression as early as stage 35/36. ..
- Kuhlmann T, Remington L, Cognet I, Bourbonniere L, Zehntner S, Guilhot F, et al. Continued administration of ciliary neurotrophic factor protects mice from inflammatory pathology in experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis. Am J Pathol. 2006;169:584-98 pubmed..Our results show that CNTF inhibits inflammation in the spinal cord, resulting in amelioration of the clinical course of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis during time of treatment. ..
- Zilly F, Sørensen J, Jahn R, Lang T. Munc18-bound syntaxin readily forms SNARE complexes with synaptobrevin in native plasma membranes. PLoS Biol. 2006;4:e330 pubmed..We conclude that Munc18-1 allows for the formation of a complex between syntaxin and SNAP-25 that serves as an acceptor for vesicle-bound synaptobrevin and that thus represents an intermediate in the pathway towards exocytosis. ..
- Vanden Berghe P, Klingauf J. Spatial organization and dynamic properties of neurotransmitter release sites in the enteric nervous system. Neuroscience. 2007;145:88-99 pubmed..Although electron microscopy data suggest that ENS synapses may not be as specialized as hippocampal synapses, remarkably similar release properties were measured. ..
- Konig S, Wu X, Gianola D, Heringstad B, Simianer H. Exploration of relationships between claw disorders and milk yield in Holstein cows via recursive linear and threshold models. J Dairy Sci. 2008;91:395-406 pubmed..Structural equation models are of increasing importance in genetic evaluations, and this study showed the possible application of recursive systems, even for categorical data. ..
- Moriconi F, Ahmad G, Ramadori P, Malik I, Sheikh N, Merli M, et al. Phagocytosis of gadolinium chloride or zymosan induces simultaneous upregulation of hepcidin- and downregulation of hemojuvelin- and Fpn-1-gene expression in murine liver. Lab Invest. 2009;89:1252-60 pubmed publisher..These changes in iron-regulating-gene expression may be mediated by the locally produced acute-phase-cytokines. ..
- Bramlage C, Schlumbohm C, Pryce C, Mirza S, Schnell C, Amann K, et al. Prenatal dexamethasone exposure does not alter blood pressure and nephron number in the young adult marmoset monkey. Hypertension. 2009;54:1115-22 pubmed publisher..Our data support the role of body weight as a predictor of elevated glomerular volume and BP development rather than prenatal dexamethasone exposure. ..
- Brökers N, Le Huu S, Vogel S, Hagos Y, Katschinski D, Kleinschmidt M. Increased chemoresistance induced by inhibition of HIF-prolyl-hydroxylase domain enzymes. Cancer Sci. 2010;101:129-36 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data indicate that PHD inhibitors might increase chemoresistance of tumor cells in a HIF-1-dependent manner. ..
- Quintes S, Goebbels S, Saher G, Schwab M, Nave K. Neuron-glia signaling and the protection of axon function by Schwann cells. J Peripher Nerv Syst. 2010;15:10-6 pubmed publisher..Understanding the cross talk between neurons and Schwann cells will help to further define the role of glia in preserving axonal integrity and to develop therapeutic strategies for peripheral neuropathies such as CMT1A. ..
- Toischer K, Rokita A, Unsöld B, Zhu W, Kararigas G, Sossalla S, et al. Differential cardiac remodeling in preload versus afterload. Circulation. 2010;122:993-1003 pubmed publisher..This indicates that different loads result in distinct phenotype differences that may require specific pharmacological interventions. ..
- Pavlos N, Gr Nborg M, Riedel D, Chua J, Boyken J, Kloepper T, et al. Quantitative analysis of synaptic vesicle Rabs uncovers distinct yet overlapping roles for Rab3a and Rab27b in Ca2+-triggered exocytosis. J Neurosci. 2010;30:13441-53 pubmed publisher..Finally, we demonstrate that selective modulation of the GTP/GDP switch mechanism of Rab27b impairs SV recycling, suggesting that Rab27b, probably in concert with Rab3s, is involved in SV exocytosis...
- Hoopmann P, Punge A, Barysch S, Westphal V, B ckers J, Opazo F, et al. Endosomal sorting of readily releasable synaptic vesicles. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:19055-60 pubmed publisher..In the latter compartment, they segregated from plasma membrane components in a process that is likely important for sorting/budding of newly developed vesicles from the endosome...
- Lorenz B, Alvarez de Cienfuegos L, Oelkers M, Kriemen E, Brand C, Stephan M, et al. Model system for cell adhesion mediated by weak carbohydrate-carbohydrate interactions. J Am Chem Soc. 2012;134:3326-9 pubmed publisher..A deterministic model was used to estimate the basic energy landscape and number of participating bonds in the contact zone. ..
- Lösing M, Goldbeck I, Manno B, Oellerich T, Schnyder T, Bohnenberger H, et al. The Dok-3/Grb2 protein signal module attenuates Lyn kinase-dependent activation of Syk kinase in B cell antigen receptor microclusters. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:2303-13 pubmed publisher..Hence, our findings imply that Dok-3/Grb2 modulates the balance between activatory and inhibitory Lyn functions with the aim to adjust BCR signaling efficiency. ..
- Gliem S, Syed A, Sansone A, Kludt E, Tantalaki E, Hassenklöver T, et al. Bimodal processing of olfactory information in an amphibian nose: odor responses segregate into a medial and a lateral stream. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2013;70:1965-84 pubmed publisher..Thus, the olfactory system of X. laevis exhibits an intermediate stage of segregation and as such appears well suited to investigate the molecular driving forces behind olfactory regionalization. ..
- Hatje K, Kollmar M. Expansion of the mutually exclusive spliced exome in Drosophila. Nat Commun. 2013;4:2460 pubmed publisher..The comparison of the mutually exclusive spliced exomes within the Drosophila clade shows high numbers of MXE gain and loss events, suggesting a role of these processes in speciation. ..
- Oppermann M, Mack M, Proudfoot A, Olbrich H. Differential effects of CC chemokines on CC chemokine receptor 5 (CCR5) phosphorylation and identification of phosphorylation sites on the CCR5 carboxyl terminus. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:8875-85 pubmed..This study demonstrates that chemokines differ in their ability to induce CCR5 phosphorylation and desensitization and provides a molecular mechanism for the agonist-induced attenuation of CCR5 signaling. ..
- Schieweck O, Damme M, Schröder B, Hasilik A, Schmidt B, Lübke T. NCU-G1 is a highly glycosylated integral membrane protein of the lysosome. Biochem J. 2009;422:83-90 pubmed publisher..The lysosomal localization was impaired by mutational replacement of an alanine residue for the tyrosine residue within the putative sorting motif. ..
- Drewelus I, G pfert C, Hippel C, Dickmanns A, Damianitsch K, Pieler T, et al. p63 antagonizes Wnt-induced transcription. Cell Cycle. 2010;9:580-87 pubmed publisher..e., activation of Wnt-responsive genes. The role of p63 as a negative Wnt-regulator thus matches with the frequently observed downregulation of p63 during tumor progression, when cancer cells adopt a more mesenchymal, invasive phenotype...
- Gerwin N, La Ros e A, Sauer F, Halbritter H, Neumann M, J ckle H, et al. Functional and conserved domains of the Drosophila transcription factor encoded by the segmentation gene knirps. Mol Cell Biol. 1994;14:7899-908 pubmed..The different domains of KNI as defined by functional studies are conserved during insect evolution...
- Schluter G, Celik A, Obata R, Schlicker M, Hofferbert S, Schlung A, et al. Sequence analysis of the conserved protamine gene cluster shows that it contains a fourth expressed gene. Mol Reprod Dev. 1996;43:1-6 pubmed..5 kb. Finally, we demonstrate a high density of Alu elements, both full and fragmented copies, in the human PGC and discuss their localization with respect to evolutionary and functional aspects. ..
- Bellefroid E, Bourguignon C, Hollemann T, Ma Q, Anderson D, Kintner C, et al. X-MyT1, a Xenopus C2HC-type zinc finger protein with a regulatory function in neuronal differentiation. Cell. 1996;87:1191-202 pubmed..On the basis of these findings, we suggest that X-MyT1 is a novel, essential element in the cascade of events that allows cells to escape lateral inhibition and to enter the pathway that leads to terminal neuronal differentiation. ..
- Mansouri A, Yokota Y, Wehr R, Copeland N, Jenkins N, Gruss P. Paired-related murine homeobox gene expressed in the developing sclerotome, kidney, and nervous system. Dev Dyn. 1997;210:53-65 pubmed..The temporal and spatial expression pattern suggests that Uncx4.1 may play an important role in kidney development and in the differentiation of the sclerotome and the nervous system. ..
- Parekh A, Penner R. Store depletion and calcium influx. Physiol Rev. 1997;77:901-30 pubmed
- Baumgartner B, Deppe A, Rettenberger G, Leeb T, Hameister H, Brenig B. Molecular analysis of the porcine proteolipid protein (PLP) gene. Mamm Genome. 1999;10:895-9 pubmed..Three main transcripts were detected in adult pigs in the range of 3200, 2400, and 1600 nucleotides with Northern blot analysis. The usage of an alternative splice site within exon 3 was shown. ..
- Tarabykin V, Stoykova A, Usman N, Gruss P. Cortical upper layer neurons derive from the subventricular zone as indicated by Svet1 gene expression. Development. 2001;128:1983-93 pubmed..Taken together our data suggest that while the specification of deep cortical layers occurs in the ventricular zone, the SVZ is important for the proper specification of upper layers. ..
- Marsh D, Horvath L, Swamy M, Mantripragada S, Kleinschmidt J. Interaction of membrane-spanning proteins with peripheral and lipid-anchored membrane proteins: perspectives from protein-lipid interactions (Review). Mol Membr Biol. 2002;19:247-55 pubmed..Both the former and the cytochrome c/cytochrome oxidase couple evidence a propagation of lipid perturbation out from the intramembrane protein interface that could be a basis for formation of microdomains. ..
- Keuker J, Rochford C, Witter M, Fuchs E. A cytoarchitectonic study of the hippocampal formation of the tree shrew (Tupaia belangeri). J Chem Neuroanat. 2003;26:1-15 pubmed..However, our results indicate that a CA4 field in the tree shrew hippocampal formation cannot be identified with the methods that we used. Therefore, supposed CA4 pyramidal neurons should be included into the CA3 field...
- Knabe W, Knerlich F, Washausen S, Kietzmann T, Siren A, Brunnett G, et al. Expression patterns of erythropoietin and its receptor in the developing midbrain. Anat Embryol (Berl). 2004;207:503-12 pubmed..Whether the observed expression patterns of EPO and EPOR may reflect EPO-mediated trophic and/or antiapoptotic effects on neurons is discussed. ..
- Adham I, Gille M, Gamel A, Reis A, Dressel R, Steding G, et al. The scoliosis (sco) mouse: a new allele of Pax1. Cytogenet Genome Res. 2005;111:16-26 pubmed..The percentage of CD90+ cells is also reduced but in contrast to other Pax1 mutants no alteration of the expression level of the CD90 (Thy-1) could be found. ..
- Jürgens U, Ehrenreich L. The descending motorcortical pathway to the laryngeal motoneurons in the squirrel monkey. Brain Res. 2007;1148:90-5 pubmed
- Putnik J, Zhang C, Archangelo L, Tizazu B, Bartels S, Kickstein M, et al. The interaction of ETV6 (TEL) and TIP60 requires a functional histone acetyltransferase domain in TIP60. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2007;1772:1211-24 pubmed..These observations suggest that MYST domain HATs regulate ETV6 transcriptional activity and may therefore play critical roles in leukemogenesis and possibly in normal hematopoietic development. ..
- Sättler M, Togni M, Gadjanski I, Sühs K, Meyer N, Bahr M, et al. Strain-specific susceptibility for neurodegeneration in a rat model of autoimmune optic neuritis. J Neuroimmunol. 2008;193:77-86 pubmed..We identified an increased expression of interleukin 1beta and glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor in DA rats as the possible mechanism of the observed endogenous neuroprotection in MOG-induced optic neuritis. ..
- Winter S, Fresemann J, Schnell C, Oku Y, Hirrlinger J, Hülsmann S. Glycinergic interneurons are functionally integrated into the inspiratory network of mouse medullary slices. Pflugers Arch. 2009;458:459-69 pubmed publisher..Our calcium imaging data show that glycinergic neurons comprise a large population of inspiratory neurons in the pre-Bötzinger complex-driven network of the rhythmic slice preparation. ..
- Breunig E, Manzini I, Piscitelli F, Gutermann B, Di Marzo V, Schild D, et al. The endocannabinoid 2-arachidonoyl-glycerol controls odor sensitivity in larvae of Xenopus laevis. J Neurosci. 2010;30:8965-73 pubmed publisher..Hunger renders olfactory neurons more sensitive. Endocannabinoid modulation in the nose may therefore substantially influence food-seeking behavior...
- Kaczmarek K, Studencka M, Meinhardt A, Wieczerzak K, Thoms S, Engel W, et al. Overexpression of peroxisomal testis-specific 1 protein induces germ cell apoptosis and leads to infertility in male mice. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:1766-79 pubmed publisher..The PXT1-BAT3 association leads to PXT1 relocation from the cytoplasm to the nucleus. In summary, we demonstrated that PXT1 induces apoptosis via the BH3-like domain and that this process is inhibited by BAT3. ..
- Yee N, Ribic A, de Roo C, Fuchs E. Differential effects of maternal immune activation and juvenile stress on anxiety-like behaviour and physiology in adult rats: no evidence for the "double-hit hypothesis". Behav Brain Res. 2011;224:180-8 pubmed publisher..In all, our findings do not support an interaction between MIA and juvenile stress in terms of producing marked changes related to anxiety-like behaviour in adulthood. ..
- Ribes S, Adam N, Schütze S, Regen T, Redlich S, Janova H, et al. The nucleotide-binding oligomerization domain-containing-2 ligand muramyl dipeptide enhances phagocytosis and intracellular killing of Escherichia coli K1 by Toll-like receptor agonists in microglial cells. J Neuroimmunol. 2012;252:16-23 pubmed publisher..Dual pre-stimulation of Nod2 and TLR1/2 or 4 caused maximal phagocytosis and intracellular killing. ..
- Pirouz M, Pilarski S, Kessel M. A critical function of Mad2l2 in primordial germ cell development of mice. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003712 pubmed publisher..Together, these results demonstrate the potential of Mad2l2 in the regulation of both cell cycle and the epigenetic status. The function of Mad2l2 is essential in PGCs, and thus of high relevance for fertility. ..
- Fründ J, Dormann C, Holzschuh A, Tscharntke T. Bee diversity effects on pollination depend on functional complementarity and niche shifts. Ecology. 2013;94:2042-54 pubmed
- Dudek J, Cheng I, Chowdhury A, Wozny K, Balleininger M, Reinhold R, et al. Cardiac-specific succinate dehydrogenase deficiency in Barth syndrome. EMBO Mol Med. 2016;8:139-54 pubmed publisher..As a similar defect of SDH is apparent in patient cell-derived cardiomyocytes, we conclude that these defects represent a molecular basis for the cardiac pathology in Barth syndrome. ..
- Bastian H, Gruss P, Duboule D, Izpisua Belmonte J. The murine even-skipped-like gene Evx-2 is closely linked to the Hox-4 complex, but is transcribed in the opposite direction. Mamm Genome. 1992;3:241-3 pubmed
- Subramanian V, Meyer B, Gruss P. Disruption of the murine homeobox gene Cdx1 affects axial skeletal identities by altering the mesodermal expression domains of Hox genes. Cell. 1995;83:641-53 pubmed..The presence of putative Cdx1-binding sites in Hox gene control regions as well as in vitro transactivation of Hoxa-7 indicates a direct regulation. ..
- Kasper D, Dittmer F, Von Figura K, Pohlmann R. Neither type of mannose 6-phosphate receptor is sufficient for targeting of lysosomal enzymes along intracellular routes. J Cell Biol. 1996;134:615-23 pubmed..These results imply that neither overexpression of MPR 46 nor MPR 300 is sufficient for targeting of lysosomal proteins along intracellular routes. ..
- Malz C, Knabe W, Kuhn H. Calretinin immunoreactivity in the prenatally developing olfactory systems of the tree shrew Tupaia belangeri. Anat Embryol (Berl). 2002;205:83-97 pubmed..Transiently, ectopic calretinin immunoreactive receptor cells were observed in the future non-sensory epithelium of the vomeronasal organ...
- Burgmaier G, Schulze I, Attin T. Fluoride uptake and development of artificial erosions in bleached and fluoridated enamel in vitro. J Oral Rehabil. 2002;29:799-804 pubmed..It is concluded that it is not feasible to improve fluoride uptake in enamel with a pre-treatment with 10% CP. ..
- de Groot B, Engel A, Grubmuller H. The structure of the aquaporin-1 water channel: a comparison between cryo-electron microscopy and X-ray crystallography. J Mol Biol. 2003;325:485-93 pubmed..9A from the X-ray structure in the helical backbone regions. ..
- Kohlhase J, Heinrich M, Liebers M, Fröhlich Archangelo L, Reardon W, Kispert A. Cloning and expression analysis of SALL4, the murine homologue of the gene mutated in Okihiro syndrome. Cytogenet Genome Res. 2002;98:274-7 pubmed..Prominent expression in the developing midbrain, branchial arches and the limbs suggests an important function of SALL4 during development of these structures as expected from the observation in Okihiro syndrome patients. ..