Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on rats in Frankfurt am Main, Hesse, Germany
Locale: Frankfurt am Main, Hesse, Germany
- Schmidt Krey I, Kanaoka Y, Mills D, Irikura D, Haase W, Lam B, et al. Human leukotriene C(4) synthase at 4.5 A resolution in projection. Structure. 2004;12:2009-14 pubmed..These results provide new insight into the structure and function of membrane proteins involved in eicosanoid and glutathione metabolism. ..
- Pleskova M, Beck K, Behrens M, Huwiler A, Fichtlscherer B, Wingerter O, et al. Nitric oxide down-regulates the expression of the catalytic NADPH oxidase subunit Nox1 in rat renal mesangial cells. FASEB J. 2006;20:139-41 pubmed..Obviously, there exists a fine-tuned crosstalk between NO and ROS generating systems in the course of inflammatory diseases. ..
- Morè L. Mouse major urinary proteins trigger ovulation via the vomeronasal organ. Chem Senses. 2006;31:393-401 pubmed..The results suggest that the major urinary proteins activate the neuroendocrine system through the VNO and trigger ovulation. ..
- Revermann M, Barbosa Sicard E, Dony E, Schermuly R, Morisseau C, Geisslinger G, et al. Inhibition of the soluble epoxide hydrolase attenuates monocrotaline-induced pulmonary hypertension in rats. J Hypertens. 2009;27:322-31 pubmed..sEH inhibition reduces pulmonary vascular remodeling and the development of pulmonary hypertension in the monocrotaline model of primary pulmonary hypertension in rats. ..
- Dreieicher E, Beck K, Lazaroski S, Boosen M, Tsalastra Greul W, Beck M, et al. Nitric oxide inhibits glomerular TGF-beta signaling via SMOC-1. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2009;20:1963-74 pubmed publisher..In summary, these data suggest that NO attenuates SMOC-1 expression in acute glomerular inflammation, thereby limiting TGF-beta-mediated profibrotic signaling. ..
- Dehghani F, Sayan M, Conrad A, Evers J, Ghadban C, Blaheta R, et al. Inhibition of microglial and astrocytic inflammatory responses by the immunosuppressant mycophenolate mofetil. Neuropathol Appl Neurobiol. 2010;36:598-611 pubmed publisher..It remains unclear whether nucleotide depletion directly counteracts neuronal demise or whether it inhibits microglial or astrocytic activation, thereby resulting in indirect neuroprotection...
- Boost K, Kim H, Engl T, Oppermann E, Jonas D, Oertl A, et al. c-Met responsiveness of isolated hepatocytes evaluated in an in vitro de-differentiation model. Int J Mol Med. 2006;17:475-82 pubmed..Both events should be considered when establishing an HGF-based therapy for fibrosis/cirrhosis. ..
- Barth J, Zimmermann H, Volknandt W. SV31 is a Zn2+-binding synaptic vesicle protein. J Neurochem. 2011;118:558-70 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that SV31 represents a novel Zn(2+) -binding protein that in PC12 cells is targeted to endosomes and subpopulations of synaptic-like microvesicles. ..
- Goegelein H, Gautier P, Roccon A, O Connor S, Ruetten H. Effects of the novel amiodarone-like compound SAR114646A on cardiac ion channels and ventricular arrhythmias in rats. Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol. 2011;384:231-44 pubmed publisher..In contrast to amiodarone, SAR114646A also blocks the K(+) channels I(to) and I(sus). A potent antiarrhythmic effect as observed in rats can also be expected in other animal models. ..
- Hassan M, Boosen M, Schaefer L, Kozlowska J, Eisel F, von Knethen A, et al. Platelet-derived growth factor-BB induces cystathionine ?-lyase expression in rat mesangial cells via a redox-dependent mechanism. Br J Pharmacol. 2012;166:2231-42 pubmed publisher..Such action would aid the resolution of glomerular inflammatory diseases. This article is commented on by Gallyas, pp. 2228-2230 of this issue. To view this commentary visit http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1476-5381.2012.01976.x. ..
- Eisel F, Boosen M, Beck M, Heide H, Wittig I, Beck K, et al. Platelet-derived growth factor triggers PKA-mediated signalling by a redox-dependent mechanism in rat renal mesangial cells. Biochem Pharmacol. 2013;85:101-8 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we demonstrate a redox-mediated activation of PKA by PDGF-BB thus highlighting a physiological role of ROS as regulator of PKA activity in rat mesangial cells. ..
- Jávor Duray B, Vinck M, van der Roest M, Bezard E, Berendse H, Boraud T, et al. Alterations in Functional Cortical Hierarchy in Hemiparkinsonian Rats. J Neurosci. 2017;37:7669-7681 pubmed publisher..These changes may represent a compensatory mechanism for loss of motor control as a consequence of dopamine depletion. ..
- Ehrnsperger C, Volknandt W. Major vault protein is a substrate of endogenous protein kinases in CHO and PC12 cells. Biol Chem. 2001;382:1463-71 pubmed..Our results suggest that cell-specific phosphorylation of MVP may play a critical role in vault function. ..
- Brandstätter J, Fletcher E, Garner C, Gundelfinger E, Wassle H. Differential expression of the presynaptic cytomatrix protein bassoon among ribbon synapses in the mammalian retina. Eur J Neurosci. 1999;11:3683-93 pubmed..Thus, differential equipment with cytomatrix proteins may account for the functional differences observed between the two types of ribbon synapses in the retina. ..
- Ramming M, Kins S, Werner N, Hermann A, Betz H, Kirsch J. Diversity and phylogeny of gephyrin: tissue-specific splice variants, gene structure, and sequence similarities to molybdenum cofactor-synthesizing and cytoskeleton-associated proteins. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2000;97:10266-71 pubmed..Our data are consistent with gephyrin having evolved from a Moco biosynthetic protein by insertion of protein interaction sequences. ..
- Machein M, Knedla A, Knoth R, Wagner S, Neuschl E, Plate K. Angiopoietin-1 promotes tumor angiogenesis in a rat glioma model. Am J Pathol. 2004;165:1557-70 pubmed..On the other hand, overexpression of hAng-2 led to less intact tumor vessels, inhibited capillary sprouting, and impaired tumor growth. ..
- Kunstmann B, Osiewacz H. Over-expression of an S-adenosylmethionine-dependent methyltransferase leads to an extended lifespan of Podospora anserina without impairments in vital functions. Aging Cell. 2008;7:651-62 pubmed publisher..Constitutive over-expression of PaMth1 in P. anserina results in a reduced carbonylation of proteins and an extended lifespan without impairing vital functions suggesting a protecting role of PaMTH1 against oxidative stress. ..
- van de Loo S, Eich F, Nonis D, Auburger G, Nowock J. Ataxin-2 associates with rough endoplasmic reticulum. Exp Neurol. 2009;215:110-8 pubmed publisher..These data, in conjunction with the presence of Lsm domains within ataxin-2, suggest that ataxin-2 is involved in the processing of mRNA and/or the regulation of translation...
- Schmidtko A, Gao W, Sausbier M, Rauhmeier I, Sausbier U, Niederberger E, et al. Cysteine-rich protein 2, a novel downstream effector of cGMP/cGMP-dependent protein kinase I-mediated persistent inflammatory pain. J Neurosci. 2008;28:1320-30 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that CRP2 is a new downstream effector of cGKI-mediated spinal nociceptive processing and point to an inhibitory role of CRP2 in the generation of inflammatory pain. ..
- Armsen W, Himmel B, Betz H, Eulenburg V. The C-terminal PDZ-ligand motif of the neuronal glycine transporter GlyT2 is required for efficient synaptic localization. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2007;36:369-80 pubmed..These data indicate that the C-terminal PDZ-ligand motif of GlyT2 plays an important role in transporter trafficking to and/or stabilization at synaptic sites. ..
- Klawitter S, Hofmann L, Pfeilschifter J, Huwiler A. Extracellular nucleotides induce migration of renal mesangial cells by upregulating sphingosine kinase-1 expression and activity. Br J Pharmacol. 2007;150:271-80 pubmed..Thus, pharmacological intervention of SK-1 may have impacts on situations where MC migration is important such as during inflammatory kidney diseases. ..
- Ambruosi A, Yamamoto H, Kreuter J. Body distribution of polysorbate-80 and doxorubicin-loaded [14C]poly(butyl cyanoacrylate) nanoparticles after i.v. administration in rats. J Drug Target. 2005;13:535-42 pubmed..After longer time periods after injection the differences between the three preparations decreased...
- Harvey R, Schmieden V, von Holst A, Laube B, Rohrer H, Betz H. Glycine receptors containing the alpha4 subunit in the embryonic sympathetic nervous system, spinal cord and male genital ridge. Eur J Neurosci. 2000;12:994-1001 pubmed..Our data also suggest a novel role for GlyRs in the maturation of reproductive organs. ..
- Walpen S, Beck K, Eberhardt W, Apel M, Chatterjee P, Wray G, et al. Downregulation of SPARC expression is mediated by nitric oxide in rat mesangial cells and during endotoxemia in the rat. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2000;11:468-76 pubmed..These data characterize SPARC as an NO-regulated gene. This observation may be important in the context of tissue remodeling in chronic inflammatory kidney diseases. ..
- Kegel B, Braun N, Heine P, Maliszewski C, Zimmermann H. An ecto-ATPase and an ecto-ATP diphosphohydrolase are expressed in rat brain. Neuropharmacology. 1997;36:1189-200 pubmed..Using computer-aided sequence analysis, primary structure and membrane topography are compared with those of other members of the apyrase family. ..
- Heide H, Bleier L, Steger M, Ackermann J, Dröse S, Schwamb B, et al. Complexome profiling identifies TMEM126B as a component of the mitochondrial complex I assembly complex. Cell Metab. 2012;16:538-49 pubmed publisher..In summary, complexome profiling is a powerful and unbiased technique allowing the identification of previously overlooked components of large multiprotein complexes. ..
- Brandstätter J, Koulen P, Kuhn R, van Der Putten H, Wassle H. Compartmental localization of a metabotropic glutamate receptor (mGluR7): two different active sites at a retinal synapse. J Neurosci. 1996;16:4749-56 pubmed..This selective localization of mGluR7 could differentially regulate the glutamate release from the ribbon synapse, thus leading to a differential activation of the postsynaptic neurons. ..
- Hecker M, Preiss C, Schini Kerth V, Busse R. Antioxidants differentially affect nuclear factor kappa B-mediated nitric oxide synthase expression in vascular smooth muscle cells. FEBS Lett. 1996;380:224-8 pubmed
- Valastro B, Dekundy A, Danysz W, Quack G. Oral creatine supplementation attenuates L-DOPA-induced dyskinesia in 6-hydroxydopamine-lesioned rats. Behav Brain Res. 2009;197:90-6 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we demonstrated that combining L-DOPA therapy with a diet enriched in creatine could attenuate LID, which may represent a new way to control the motor complications associated with L-DOPA therapy. ..
- Horiuchi M, El Far O, Betz H. Ulip6, a novel unc-33 and dihydropyrimidinase related protein highly expressed in developing rat brain. FEBS Lett. 2000;480:283-6 pubmed..Like Ulip1-4, Ulip6 is highly expressed in embryonic and early postnatal brain and spinal cord. These findings are consistent with Ulip6 having a function in neuronal differentiation and/or axon growth. ..
- Lotsch J, Prüss H, Veh R, Doehring A. A KCNJ6 (Kir3.2, GIRK2) gene polymorphism modulates opioid effects on analgesia and addiction but not on pupil size. Pharmacogenet Genomics. 2010;20:291-7 pubmed publisher..The association of the KCNJ6 rs2070995 AA genotype with increased opioid requirements extends from analgesia to opiate substitution therapy. Opioid induced miosis is exempted for molecular histological reasons. ..
- Cajigas I, Tushev G, Will T, Tom Dieck S, Fuerst N, Schuman E. The local transcriptome in the synaptic neuropil revealed by deep sequencing and high-resolution imaging. Neuron. 2012;74:453-66 pubmed publisher..These results reveal a previously unappreciated enormous potential for the local protein synthesis machinery to supply, maintain and modify the dendritic and synaptic proteome. ..
- Voss M, Beha A, Tennagels N, Tschank G, Herling A, Quint M, et al. Gene expression profiling in skeletal muscle of Zucker diabetic fatty rats: implications for a role of stearoyl-CoA desaturase 1 in insulin resistance. Diabetologia. 2005;48:2622-30 pubmed..This supports the hypothesis that elevated SCD1 expression is a possible cause of insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes. ..
- Ohno K, Koroll M, El Far O, Scholze P, Gomeza J, Betz H. The neuronal glycine transporter 2 interacts with the PDZ domain protein syntenin-1. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2004;26:518-29 pubmed..Thus, syntenin-1 may be an in vivo binding partner of GlyT2 that regulates its trafficking and/or presynaptic localization in glycinergic neurons. ..
- Markmann A, Schafer S, Linz W, Löhn M, Busch A, Wohlfart P. Down-regulation of calpain 9 is linked to hypertensive heart and kidney disease. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2005;15:109-16 pubmed..82, p<0.05). In the aorta, there was no regulation of calpain 9 on the protein level. We conclude that differential regulation of calpain 9 may play a role in hypertensive target organ damage. ..
- Müller G, Schulz A, Wied S, Frick W. Regulation of lipid raft proteins by glimepiride- and insulin-induced glycosylphosphatidylinositol-specific phospholipase C in rat adipocytes. Biochem Pharmacol. 2005;69:761-80 pubmed..Its stimulation is required and may even be sufficient for insulin-mimetic cross-talking to IRS-1 in response to glimepiride via redistributed and activated pp59(Lyn). ..
- Raunser S, Haase W, Bostina M, Parcej D, Kuhlbrandt W. High-yield expression, reconstitution and structure of the recombinant, fully functional glutamate transporter GLT-1 from Rattus norvegicus. J Mol Biol. 2005;351:598-613 pubmed..Our results show that N-glycosylation does not affect the trafficking or the transport activity of GLT-1. The low-resolution structure of GLT-1 was determined by electron microscopy and single particle reconstruction. ..
- Akool E, Kleinert H, Hamada F, Abdelwahab M, Förstermann U, Pfeilschifter J, et al. Nitric oxide increases the decay of matrix metalloproteinase 9 mRNA by inhibiting the expression of mRNA-stabilizing factor HuR. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:4901-16 pubmed..These results demonstrate that NO acts in a cGMP-dependent mechanism to inhibit the expression level of HuR, thereby reducing the stability of MMP-9 mRNA. ..
- Langer T, Fasold H. Isolation and quantification of the heat shock protein 90 alpha and beta isoforms from rat liver. Protoplasma. 2001;218:54-6 pubmed..The two bands were separated and identified as the Hsp90 alpha and Hsp90 beta isoforms. There was no entry in the protein databases for the Hsp90 alpha isoform from rat. Furthermore, the ratio of the two Hsp90 isoforms was determined. ..
- Niederberger E, Ehnert C, Gao W, Coste O, Schmidtko A, Popp L, et al. The impact of CREB and its phosphorylation at Ser142 on inflammatory nociception. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;362:75-80 pubmed..Thus, our data confirm that CREB is essential for spinal nociceptive processing. However, prevention of phosphorylation only at serine 142 is not sufficient to modulate the nociceptive response. ..
- Failer B, Aschrafi A, Schmalzing G, Zimmermann H. Determination of native oligomeric state and substrate specificity of rat NTPDase1 and NTPDase2 after heterologous expression in Xenopus oocytes. Eur J Biochem. 2003;270:1802-9 pubmed..Dynamic alterations in oligomeric state may induce changes in substrate preference and thus influence the pattern of extracellular nucleotide degradation in situ. ..
- Ufer E, Postina R, Gorbulev V, Fahrenholz F. An extracellular residue determines the agonist specificity of V2 vasopressin receptors. FEBS Lett. 1995;362:19-23 pubmed..By site directed mutagenesis of the cloned bovine and porcine V2 receptors we identified a residue (Asp-103) in the first extracellular loop of vasopressin receptors which is responsible for high affinity binding of dDAVP. ..
- El Far O, Airas J, Wischmeyer E, Nehring R, Karschin A, Betz H. Interaction of the C-terminal tail region of the metabotropic glutamate receptor 7 with the protein kinase C substrate PICK1. Eur J Neurosci. 2000;12:4215-21 pubmed..These data indicate that PDZ domain-containing proteins might contribute to the presynaptic localization of group III mGluRs. ..
- Köster S, Pavkov Keller T, Kuhlbrandt W, Yildiz O. Structure of human Na+/H+ exchanger NHE1 regulatory region in complex with calmodulin and Ca2+. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:40954-61 pubmed publisher..Our x-ray structure sheds new light on the molecular mechanisms of the phosphorylation-dependent regulation of NHE1 and enables us to propose a model of how Ca(2+) regulates NHE1 activity. ..
- Bacher G, Nickel B, Emig P, Vanhoefer U, Seeber S, Shandra A, et al. D-24851, a novel synthetic microtubule inhibitor, exerts curative antitumoral activity in vivo, shows efficacy toward multidrug-resistant tumor cells, and lacks neurotoxicity. Cancer Res. 2001;61:392-9 pubmed
- Haglund K, Schmidt M, Wong E, Guy G, Dikic I. Sprouty2 acts at the Cbl/CIN85 interface to inhibit epidermal growth factor receptor downregulation. EMBO Rep. 2005;6:635-41 pubmed..Sprouty2 therefore acts as an inducible inhibitor of EGFR downregulation by targeting both the Cbl and CIN85 pathways. ..
- Schmidtko A, Del Turco D, Coste O, Ehnert C, Niederberger E, Ruth P, et al. Essential role of the synaptic vesicle protein synapsin II in formalin-induced hyperalgesia and glutamate release in the spinal cord. Pain. 2005;115:171-81 pubmed..The distinctive role of synapsin II for pain signaling probably results from its specific localization and possibly from a specific control of glutamate release. ..
- Schummer C, Werner U, Tennagels N, Schmoll D, Haschke G, Juretschke H, et al. Dysregulated pyruvate dehydrogenase complex in Zucker diabetic fatty rats. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2008;294:E88-96 pubmed..Furthermore, the results clearly demonstrate a rapid reactivation of PDC in liver and muscle of lean and obese rats after a glucose load and show that PDC activity is significantly lower in obese ZDF rats. ..
- Sassoè Pognetto M, Wassle H. Synaptogenesis in the rat retina: subcellular localization of glycine receptors, GABA(A) receptors, and the anchoring protein gephyrin. J Comp Neurol. 1997;381:158-74 pubmed
- Paulus P, Holfeld J, Urbschat A, Mutlak H, Ockelmann P, Tacke S, et al. Prednisolone as preservation additive prevents from ischemia reperfusion injury in a rat model of orthotopic lung transplantation. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e73298 pubmed publisher..Additionally, prednisolone preconditioning might also lead to macrophage polarization as a beneficial long-term effect. ..
- Franzen R, Pfeilschifter J, Huwiler A. Nitric oxide induces neutral ceramidase degradation by the ubiquitin/proteasome complex in renal mesangial cell cultures. FEBS Lett. 2002;532:441-4 pubmed..In summary, our data clearly show that the ubiquitin/proteasome complex is an important determinant of neutral ceramidase activity and thereby regulates the availability of ceramide. ..