Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Frankfurt am Main, Hesse, Germany
Locale: Frankfurt am Main, Hesse, Germany
Publications292 found, 100 shown here
- Kahles H, Morahan G, Todd J, Badenhoop K. Association analyses of the vitamin D receptor gene in 1654 families with type I diabetes. Genes Immun. 2009;10 Suppl 1:S60-3 pubmed publisher..No evidence of association of VDR SNPs with T1D at P<0.01 was obtained in the overall sample set, nor in subgroups analyses of the parent-of-origin, sex of offspring and HLA risk once adjusted for multiple testing. ..
- Powerski M, Henrich D, Sander A, Wastl D, Ludwig K, Marzi I. CD133+CD34+ stem cells are mobilized after musculoskeletal surgery and target endothelium activated by surgical wound fluid. Langenbecks Arch Surg. 2011;396:379-87 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate that HSCs are mobilized after trauma, target to wound-associated endothelium via the LFA-1-I-CAM-1 axis, and are chemoattracted by VEGF-165 under in vitro conditions. ..
- Christen U, Holdener M, Hintermann E. Cytochrome P450 2D6 as a model antigen. Dig Dis. 2010;28:80-5 pubmed publisher..The CYP2D6 model provides a platform to investigate mechanisms involved in the immunopathogenesis of autoimmune-mediated chronic hepatic injury and evaluate possible ways of therapeutic interference. ..
- Dotsch V, Bernassola F, Coutandin D, Candi E, Melino G. p63 and p73, the ancestors of p53. Cold Spring Harb Perspect Biol. 2010;2:a004887 pubmed publisher..Here, we describe the contribution of p63 and p73 to human pathology with emphasis on their roles in tumorigenesis and development. ..
- Dikic I, Schmidt M. Notch: Implications of endogenous inhibitors for therapy. Bioessays. 2010;32:481-487 pubmed publisher..We present frequently used methods to decrease Notch signalling, and we discuss how soluble Notch inhibitors may be used to treat diseases. ..
- Grützner C, Uhlhaas P, Genc E, Kohler A, Singer W, Wibral M. Neuroelectromagnetic correlates of perceptual closure processes. J Neurosci. 2010;30:8342-52 pubmed publisher..Later, at the moment of perceptual closure, inferior temporal cortex areas specialized for the perceived object are activated, i.e., the fusiform gyrus related to face processing for Mooney stimuli. ..
- Wichmann C, Grez M, Lausen J. Molecular targeting of aberrant transcription factors in leukemia: strategies for RUNX1/ETO. Curr Drug Targets. 2010;11:1181-91 pubmed..With a special focus on RUNX1/ETO we will discuss recent strategies to directly interfere with aberrant transcription factors to block their leukemogenic function. ..
- Koch A, Hamann L, Schott M, Boehm O, Grotemeyer D, Kurt M, et al. Genetic variation of TLR4 influences immunoendocrine stress response: an observational study in cardiac surgical patients. Crit Care. 2011;15:R109 pubmed publisher..This finding might have impact on interpreting previous and designing future trials on diagnosing and modulating immunoendocrine dysregulation (for example, adrenal insufficiency) during systemic inflammation and sepsis. ..
- Bingold T, Pullmann B, Sartorius S, Geiger E, Marzi I, Zacharowski K, et al. Soluble triggering receptor on myeloid cells-1 is expressed in the course of non-infectious inflammation after traumatic lung contusion: a prospective cohort study. Crit Care. 2011;15:R115 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the levels of sTREM-1 in the BAL correlate well with both the severity of radiological pulmonary tissue damage and functional impairment of gas exchange (paO2/FiO2 ratio). ..
- Schneidmüller D, Röder C, Kraus R, Marzi I, Kaiser M, Dietrich D, et al. Development and validation of a paediatric long-bone fracture classification. A prospective multicentre study in 13 European paediatric trauma centres. BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2011;12:89 pubmed publisher..It can be recommended as a useful tool for clinical practice and offers the option for developing treatment recommendations and outcome predictions in the future. ..
- Schulze J, Rosewich M, Dressler M, Riemer C, Rose M, Zielen S. Bronchial allergen challenge using the Medicaid dosimeter. Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 2012;157:89-97 pubmed publisher..The repeatability in well-defined subjects is excellent to study the mechanisms of allergen-induced airway inflammation and the development of new treatments for allergic diseases. ..
- Vogl T, Naguib N, Gruber Rouh T, Koitka K, Lehnert T, Nour Eldin N. Microwave ablation therapy: clinical utility in treatment of pulmonary metastases. Radiology. 2011;261:643-51 pubmed publisher..The efficacy of the treatment is primarily determined by preablation tumor size and location in relation to the hilum. ..
- Takac I, Schröder K, Brandes R. The Nox family of NADPH oxidases: friend or foe of the vascular system?. Curr Hypertens Rep. 2012;14:70-8 pubmed publisher..This review focuses on the specific role of different NADPH oxidase isoforms in vascular physiology and their potential contributions to vascular diseases. ..
- Doberstein K, Steinmeyer N, Hartmetz A, Eberhardt W, Mittelbronn M, Harter P, et al. MicroRNA-145 targets the metalloprotease ADAM17 and is suppressed in renal cell carcinoma patients. Neoplasia. 2013;15:218-30 pubmed..In summary, miR-145 is downregulated in renal cancer patients, which leads to the up-regulation of ADAM17 in renal cancer. Importantly, miR-145 and ADAM17 are regulated in a reciprocal negative feedback loop. ..
- Decher N, Uyguner O, Scherer C, Karaman B, Yuksel Apak M, Busch A, et al. hKChIP2 is a functional modifier of hKv4.3 potassium channels: cloning and expression of a short hKChIP2 splice variant. Cardiovasc Res. 2001;52:255-64 pubmed..As a result hKChIP2 might play a role in cardiac diseases, where a contribution of I(to1) has been shown. ..
- Kohlstedt K, Brandes R, Muller Esterl W, Busse R, Fleming I. Angiotensin-converting enzyme is involved in outside-in signaling in endothelial cells. Circ Res. 2004;94:60-7 pubmed..Thus, ACE is involved in outside-in signaling in endothelial cells and "ACE signaling" may be an important cellular mechanism contributing to the beneficial effects of ACE inhibitors. ..
- Vatter H, Seifert V. Ambrisentan, a non-peptide endothelin receptor antagonist. Cardiovasc Drug Rev. 2006;24:63-76 pubmed..This review may help to define pathophysiological conditions, in which ambrisentan could be indicated and further evaluated in appropriate preclinical and clinical trials. ..
- Shukla A, Reinhart C, Michel H. Comparative analysis of the human angiotensin II type 1a receptor heterologously produced in insect cells and mammalian cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;349:6-14 pubmed..The recombinant AT1aR was expressed in glycosylated form and in vivo inhibition of glycosylation suppressed its surface expression. ..
- Fisslthaler B, Fleming I, Keserü B, Walsh K, Busse R. Fluid shear stress and NO decrease the activity of the hydroxy-methylglutaryl coenzyme A reductase in endothelial cells via the AMP-activated protein kinase and FoxO1. Circ Res. 2007;100:e12-21 pubmed..These data indicate that fluid shear stress regulates the activity and expression of the HCR in endothelial cells and determines responsiveness to stimuli, such as bradykinin via a mechanism involving NO, AMPK, FoxO1a, and p21Ras. ..
- Kramer F, Torzewski J, Kamenz J, Veit K, Hombach V, Dedio J, et al. Interleukin-1beta stimulates acute phase response and C-reactive protein synthesis by inducing an NFkappaB- and C/EBPbeta-dependent autocrine interleukin-6 loop. Mol Immunol. 2008;45:2678-89 pubmed publisher..These findings partly reconcile the understanding of APR and may help to design a transcriptional suppressor of CRP for the treatment of cardiovascular disease. ..
- Kunstmann B, Osiewacz H. Over-expression of an S-adenosylmethionine-dependent methyltransferase leads to an extended lifespan of Podospora anserina without impairments in vital functions. Aging Cell. 2008;7:651-62 pubmed publisher..Constitutive over-expression of PaMth1 in P. anserina results in a reduced carbonylation of proteins and an extended lifespan without impairing vital functions suggesting a protecting role of PaMTH1 against oxidative stress. ..
- Gstoettner W, Van de Heyning P, O Connor A, Morera C, Sainz M, Vermeire K, et al. Electric acoustic stimulation of the auditory system: results of a multi-centre investigation. Acta Otolaryngol. 2008;128:968-75 pubmed publisher..All subjects showed statistically significant benefit on all three speech perception tests over time. These significant benefits were also reflected in the subjective benefit outcomes. ..
- Doehring A, Freynhagen R, Griessinger N, Zimmermann M, Sittl R, Hentig N, et al. Cross-sectional assessment of the consequences of a GTP cyclohydrolase 1 haplotype for specialized tertiary outpatient pain care. Clin J Pain. 2009;25:781-5 pubmed publisher..Pending independent verification, the results might point to a prophylactic role of decreased GCH1 up-regulation delaying the need for pain therapy. ..
- Stein T, Mehling A, Welsch F, von Eisenhart Rothe R, Jäger A. Long-term outcome after arthroscopic meniscal repair versus arthroscopic partial meniscectomy for traumatic meniscal tears. Am J Sports Med. 2010;38:1542-8 pubmed publisher..Arthroscopic meniscal repair offers significantly improved results for isolated traumatic meniscal tears regarding the long-term follow-up in osteoarthritis prophylaxis and sports activity recovery compared with partial meniscectomy. ..
- Hilker R, Antonini A, Odin P. What is the best treatment for fluctuating Parkinson's disease: continuous drug delivery or deep brain stimulation of the subthalamic nucleus?. J Neural Transm (Vienna). 2011;118:907-14 pubmed publisher..In this paper, we summarize relevant facts for this decision and provide some guidelines for a responsible counseling of eligible patients. ..
- Boehncke W, Boehncke S, Tobin A, Kirby B. The 'psoriatic march': a concept of how severe psoriasis may drive cardiovascular comorbidity. Exp Dermatol. 2011;20:303-7 pubmed publisher..While this 'psoriatic march' is not yet formally proven, it raises clinically and academically relevant questions, and gains support by recent observations of numerous investigators. ..
- Dadparvar M, Wagner S, Wien S, Kufleitner J, Worek F, von Briesen H, et al. HI 6 human serum albumin nanoparticles--development and transport over an in vitro blood-brain barrier model. Toxicol Lett. 2011;206:60-6 pubmed publisher..These findings show that nanoparticles made of HSA may enable a sufficient antidote OP-poisoning therapy with HI 6 derivatives even within the central nervous system (CNS). ..
- Boehncke W, Boehncke S. Cardiovascular mortality in psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis: epidemiology, pathomechanisms, therapeutic implications, and perspectives. Curr Rheumatol Rep. 2012;14:343-8 pubmed publisher..Finally, effective long-term anti-inflammatory, disease-modifying therapy may contribute to reducing patients' cardiovascular risk. ..
- Loot A, Moneke I, Keserü B, Oelze M, Syzonenko T, Daiber A, et al. 11,12-EET stimulates the association of BK channel ? and ?(1) subunits in mitochondria to induce pulmonary vasoconstriction. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e46065 pubmed publisher..The 11,12-EET-induced activation of BK channels results in loss of the mitochondrial membrane potential and depolarization of the pulmonary artery smooth muscle cells. ..
- Gerber L, Welzel T, Zeuzem S. New therapeutic strategies in HCV: polymerase inhibitors. Liver Int. 2013;33 Suppl 1:85-92 pubmed publisher..The characteristics of different nucleos(t)ide and non-nucleoside polymerase inhibitors, as well as their clinical applications and combinations with other classes of directly acting antiviral drugs are reviewed herein. ..
- SchÃ¼ttfort G, Wolf T, de Leuw P, Kann G, Blume M, Brodt H, et al. Rapid regression of Kaposi's sarcoma of the hard palate under therapy with boosted elvitegravir-containing fixdose antiretroviral combination therapy. Infection. 2016;44:103-6 pubmed publisher..In this case of a treatment-naive HIV-infected patient with coexisting KS, antiretroviral therapy with E/c/FTC/TDF was very well suited to achieve rapid complete remission of KS. ..
- Nass R, Kurth C, Kull A, Graf W, Kasper B, Hamer H, et al. Adjunctive retigabine in refractory focal epilepsy: Postmarketing experience at four tertiary epilepsy care centers in Germany. Epilepsy Behav. 2016;56:54-8 pubmed publisher..However, because of the rather high percentage of patients who experienced significant adverse events, we consider RTG as a drug of reserve. ..
- Funk M, Schmidt H, Escuriola Ettingshausen C, Pons S, Dzinaj T, Weimer C, et al. Radiological and orthopedic score in pediatric hemophilic patients with early and late prophylaxis. Ann Hematol. 1998;77:171-4 pubmed..The aim of treatment in severe hemophilia should be early prophylaxis before repeated joint bleeding occurs in order to prevent osteoarthropathic alteration. ..
- Schmitt T, Seifert H, Dietrich C, Caspary W, Wehrmann T. [Propofol sedation in endoscopic manometry of Oddi's sphincter]. Z Gastroenterol. 1999;37:219-27 pubmed..The post-procedure recovery was faster after propofol--than after midazolam-sedation (p < 0.05). In conclusion, propofol is suitable for i.v. sedation during endoscopic manometry of the spincter of Oddi...
- Lotsch J, Geisslinger G. Morphine-6-glucuronide: an analgesic of the future?. Clin Pharmacokinet. 2001;40:485-99 pubmed
- Marquardt G, Barduzal Angles S, Leheta F, Seifert V. Spontaneous haematoma of the iliac psoas muscle: a case report and review of the literature. Arch Orthop Trauma Surg. 2002;122:109-11 pubmed..Spontaneous iliac psoas haematomas should be considered in the differential diagnosis of leg pain in otherwise healthy patients. ..
- Metzler D. Statistical alignment based on fragment insertion and deletion models. Bioinformatics. 2003;19:490-9 pubmed..math.uni-frankfurt.de/~stoch/software/mcmcsalut under the terms of the GNU public license (GPL, 2000). ..
- Schmidt Krey I, Kanaoka Y, Mills D, Irikura D, Haase W, Lam B, et al. Human leukotriene C(4) synthase at 4.5 A resolution in projection. Structure. 2004;12:2009-14 pubmed..These results provide new insight into the structure and function of membrane proteins involved in eicosanoid and glutathione metabolism. ..
- Loibl S, Buck A, Strank C, von Minckwitz G, Roller M, Sinn H, et al. The role of early expression of inducible nitric oxide synthase in human breast cancer. Eur J Cancer. 2005;41:265-71 pubmed..8% versus 67.1%; P=0.049; log-rank test). To date, this is the largest analysis of i-NOS expression in breast cancer patients and the only study to assess survival. ..
- Oertel B, Schmidt R, Schneider A, Geisslinger G, Lotsch J. The mu-opioid receptor gene polymorphism 118A>G depletes alfentanil-induced analgesia and protects against respiratory depression in homozygous carriers. Pharmacogenet Genomics. 2006;16:625-36 pubmed..The therapeutic range of alfentanil was only broadened in homozygous carriers. ..
- Schwab M, Reynders V, Loitsch S, Steinhilber D, Stein J, Schroder O. Involvement of different nuclear hormone receptors in butyrate-mediated inhibition of inducible NF kappa B signalling. Mol Immunol. 2007;44:3625-32 pubmed..Moreover, VDR appears to play an inhibitory role in the regulation of basal NF kappa B signalling. ..
- Ochsendorf F, Boehncke W, Sommerlad M, Kaufmann R. Interactive large-group teaching in a dermatology course. Med Teach. 2006;28:697-701 pubmed
- Kuhl H, Wiegratz I. Can 19-nortestosterone derivatives be aromatized in the liver of adult humans? Are there clinical implications?. Climacteric. 2007;10:344-53 pubmed
- Baumeister M, Bühren J, Kohnen T. Tilt and decentration of spherical and aspheric intraocular lenses: effect on higher-order aberrations. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2009;35:1006-12 pubmed publisher..Thus, when IOL tilt and decentration are within normal limits, they do not compromise the correction of spherical aberration by the aspheric IOL. ..
- Rutishauser U, Tudusciuc O, Neumann D, Mamelak A, Heller A, Ross I, et al. Single-unit responses selective for whole faces in the human amygdala. Curr Biol. 2011;21:1654-60 pubmed publisher..We suggest that the human amygdala plays a predominant role in representing global information about faces, possibly achieved through inhibition between individual facial features. ..
- Reinheimer C, Doerr H, Stürmer M. Prevalence of TMC278 (rilpivirine) associated mutations in the Frankfurt Resistance Database. J Clin Virol. 2012;53:248-50 pubmed publisher..4%, 0.9%, and 2.4% of the patients, respectively. Based on these findings we do not expect a broad cross-resistance to rilpivirine due to previous treatment failures of NNRTI-containing regimens. ..
- Kiessling A, Wedde S, Keller H, Reyher C, Stock U, Beiras Fernandez A, et al. Pre-filling of the extracorporeal circuit with autologous blood is safe, but not effective in optimizing biocompatibility in high-risk patients. Perfusion. 2012;27:371-7 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that antegrade autologous priming is a safe procedure, but an ineffective way for improving biocompatibility and reducing the need for blood transfusion in older patients. ..
- Dröse S. Differential effects of complex II on mitochondrial ROS production and their relation to cardioprotective pre- and postconditioning. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1827:578-87 pubmed publisher..This article is part of a Special Issue entitled: Respiratory complex II: Role in cellular physiology and disease. ..
- Gruber I, Heudorf U, Werner G, Pfeifer Y, Imirzalioglu C, Ackermann H, et al. Multidrug-resistant bacteria in geriatric clinics, nursing homes, and ambulant care--prevalence and risk factors. Int J Med Microbiol. 2013;303:405-9 pubmed publisher..0; p=0.033), and wounds/decubiti (OR: 2.3, 95% CI: 1.5-4.9; p=0.03). Finally, the high level of MDRB in geriatric clinics, nursing homes, and ambulant care points to the importance of these institutions as a reservoir for dissemination. ..
- Puntmann V, Carr White G, Jabbour A, Yu C, Gebker R, Kelle S, et al. T1-Mapping and Outcome in Nonischemic Cardiomyopathy: All-Cause Mortality and Heart Failure. JACC Cardiovasc Imaging. 2016;9:40-50 pubmed publisher..We provide a basis for a novel algorithm of risk stratification in NIDCM using a complementary assessment of diffuse and regional disease by T1 mapping and LGE, respectively. ..
- Koch J, Feichtinger R, Freisinger P, Pies M, SchrÃ¶dl F, Iuso A, et al. Disturbed mitochondrial and peroxisomal dynamics due to loss of MFF causes Leigh-like encephalopathy, optic atrophy and peripheral neuropathy. J Med Genet. 2016;53:270-8 pubmed publisher..We suggest that, even if laboratory findings are not indicative of mitochondrial or peroxisomal dysfunction, the co-occurrence of optic and/or peripheral neuropathy with seizures warrants genetic testing for MFF mutations. ..
- Astori G, Amati E, Bambi F, Bernardi M, Chieregato K, SchAfer R, et al. Platelet lysate as a substitute for animal serum for the ex-vivo expansion of mesenchymal stem/stromal cells: present and future. Stem Cell Res Ther. 2016;7:93 pubmed publisher..Here, we concisely discuss aspects of PL as MSC culture supplement as a preliminary step towards an agreed definition of the required characteristics of PL for the requirements of manufacturers and users. ..
- Mücke M, Kessel J, Mücke V, Schwarzkopf K, Hogardt M, Stephan C, et al. The role of Enterococcus spp. and multidrug-resistant bacteria causing pyogenic liver abscesses. BMC Infect Dis. 2017;17:450 pubmed publisher..The mortality rate in our series was 16.3%. Our study demonstrates an as yet underreported role of Enterococcus spp., often associated with vancomycin resistance, as well as of gram-negative MDROs causing PLA. ..
- Vogl T, Nour Eldin N, Hammerstingl R, Panahi B, Naguib N. Microwave Ablation (MWA): Basics, Technique and Results in Primary and Metastatic Liver Neoplasms - Review Article. Rofo. 2017;189:1055-1066 pubmed publisher..Die MWA von Lebermalignomen scheint Vorteile gegenüber der RF-Ablation zu haben, wie z.B. kürzere Interventionszeit, weniger Schmerzen und weniger „heat sink effect“. Es fehlen jedoch Daten randomisierter Studien.. ..
- Schagger H, Brandt U, Gencic S, Von Jagow G. Ubiquinol-cytochrome-c reductase from human and bovine mitochondria. Methods Enzymol. 1995;260:82-96 pubmed
- Parsons C, Danysz W, Quack G. Memantine is a clinically well tolerated N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptor antagonist--a review of preclinical data. Neuropharmacology. 1999;38:735-67 pubmed
- Sassin I, Schultz C, Thal D, Rüb U, Arai K, Braak E, et al. Evolution of Alzheimer's disease-related cytoskeletal changes in the basal nucleus of Meynert. Acta Neuropathol. 2000;100:259-69 pubmed..The considerable morphological diversity of cytoskeletal alterations is typical of stages III and IV. These results indicate that individual neurons of the bnM enter the sequence of cytoskeletal deterioration at different times. ..
- Horiuchi M, El Far O, Betz H. Ulip6, a novel unc-33 and dihydropyrimidinase related protein highly expressed in developing rat brain. FEBS Lett. 2000;480:283-6 pubmed..Like Ulip1-4, Ulip6 is highly expressed in embryonic and early postnatal brain and spinal cord. These findings are consistent with Ulip6 having a function in neuronal differentiation and/or axon growth. ..
- Pani M, Regulla K, Segni M, Krause M, Hofmann S, Hufner M, et al. Vitamin D 1alpha-hydroxylase (CYP1alpha) polymorphism in Graves' disease, Hashimoto's thyroiditis and type 1 diabetes mellitus. Eur J Endocrinol. 2002;146:777-81 pubmed..A potential association in subsets of patients with type 1 diabetes and Hashimoto's thyroiditis should be further investigated as well as its functional implications. ..
- Boehrer S, Brieger A, Schaaf S, Kukoc Zivojnov N, Nowak D, Ruthardt M, et al. In the erythroleukemic cell line HEL Prostate-apoptosis-response-gene-4 (par-4) fails to down-regulate Bcl-2 and to promote apoptosis. Leuk Lymphoma. 2004;45:1445-51 pubmed..In conclusion we here demonstrate that in the erythroleukemic cell line HEL--in contrast to other cell types Par-4 fails to promote apoptosis and outline the underlying molecular mechanisms. ..
- Michal M, Kaufhold J, Overbeck G, Grabhorn R. Narcissistic regulation of the self and interpersonal problems in depersonalized patients. Psychopathology. 2006;39:192-8 pubmed..Further empirical research on psychodynamic concepts of DP is warranted also for the sake of linking modern neurobiological findings with clinical experience. ..
- Tretiakova I, Blaesius D, Maxia L, Wesselborg S, Schulze Osthoff K, Cinatl J, et al. Myrtucommulone from Myrtus communis induces apoptosis in cancer cells via the mitochondrial pathway involving caspase-9. Apoptosis. 2008;13:119-31 pubmed..Conclusively, MC induces apoptosis in cancer cell lines, with marginal cytotoxicity for non-transformed cells, via the mitochondrial cytochrome c/Apaf-1/caspase-9 pathway. ..
- Güresir E, Schuss P, Vatter H, Raabe A, Seifert V, Beck J. Decompressive craniectomy in subarachnoid hemorrhage. Neurosurg Focus. 2009;26:E4 pubmed publisher..The time from the onset of intractable intracranial pressure to DC seems to be crucial for a favorable outcome, even when a DC is performed late in the disease course after SAH. ..
- Reitter A, Fischer D, Buxmann H, Nitschke Y, Rutsch F, Mottok A, et al. Fetal hydrops, hyperechogenic arteries and pathological doppler findings at 29 weeks: prenatal presentation of generalized arterial calcification of infancy - a novel mutation in ENPP1. Fetal Diagn Ther. 2009;25:264-8 pubmed publisher..A cesarean section was performed. Early neonatal death occurred due to primary intracranial hemorrhage. Postmortem and genetic testing confirmed a novel mutation in the ENPP1 gene...
- Köster S, Pavkov Keller T, Kuhlbrandt W, Yildiz O. Structure of human Na+/H+ exchanger NHE1 regulatory region in complex with calmodulin and Ca2+. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:40954-61 pubmed publisher..Our x-ray structure sheds new light on the molecular mechanisms of the phosphorylation-dependent regulation of NHE1 and enables us to propose a model of how Ca(2+) regulates NHE1 activity. ..
- Vogl T, Naguib N, Nour Eldin N, Bechstein W, Zeuzem S, Trojan J, et al. Transarterial chemoembolization in the treatment of patients with unresectable cholangiocarcinoma: Results and prognostic factors governing treatment success. Int J Cancer. 2012;131:733-40 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, TACE is a palliative and safe treatment option for patients with unresectable CCC. Child Pugh class B, tumor hypovascularity and initially progressive disease were poor prognostic factors for patient survival. ..
- Forestier N, Zeuzem S. Triple therapy with telaprevir: results in hepatitis C virus-genotype 1 infected relapsers and non-responders. Liver Int. 2012;32 Suppl 1:44-50 pubmed publisher..The REALIZE phase III trial with telaprevir in previously treated patients showed SVR rates of 83-88% in prior relapsers, 54-58% in prior partial responders and, 29-33% in prior non-responders. ..
- Erler A, Beyer M, Petersen J, Saal K, Rath T, Rochon J, et al. How to improve drug dosing for patients with renal impairment in primary care - a cluster-randomized controlled trial. BMC Fam Pract. 2012;13:91 pubmed publisher..Current Controlled Trials ISRCTN02900734. ..
- Bachmann M, Ulziibat S, Härdle L, Pfeilschifter J, Muhl H. IFN? converts IL-22 into a cytokine efficiently activating STAT1 and its downstream targets. Biochem Pharmacol. 2013;85:396-403 pubmed publisher..Current observations may relate to characteristics of IFN?/? in clinical therapy and expose margins of tissue protection by IL-22 application. ..
- Meybohm P, Fischer D, Schnitzbauer A, Zierer A, Schmitz Rixen T, Bartsch G, et al. [Patient blood management: Current state of the literature]. Chirurg. 2016;87:40-6 pubmed publisher..An individual, interdisciplinarily structured bundle of different PBM measures has great potential to optimize the quality of patient care and to make it safer. ..
- Vámos M, Healey J, Wang J, Duray G, Connolly S, van Erven L, et al. Troponin levels after ICD implantation with and without defibrillation testing and their predictive value for outcomes: Insights from the SIMPLE trial. Heart Rhythm. 2016;13:504-10 pubmed publisher..DT at the time of ICD implantation is associated with increased troponin levels, indicating subclinical myocardial injury caused by the procedure. Elevated troponin levels but not DT seem to predict clinical outcomes in ICD recipients. ..
- Puls M, Lubos E, Boekstegers P, von Bardeleben R, Ouarrak T, Butter C, et al. One-year outcomes and predictors of mortality after MitraClip therapy in contemporary clinical practice: results from the German transcatheter mitral valve interventions registry. Eur Heart J. 2016;37:703-12 pubmed publisher..In the TRAMI cohort, the failure of procedural success exhibited the highest hazard ratio concerning the prediction of 1-year mortality. ..
- Georgiopoulos G, Lambrinoudaki I, Athanasouli F, Armeni E, Rizos D, Kazani M, et al. Free androgen index as a predictor of blood pressure progression and accelerated vascular aging in menopause. Atherosclerosis. 2016;247:177-83 pubmed publisher..05 for all). In apparently healthy postmenopausal women, FAI could be a novel biomarker superior to total testosterone for accelerated vascular aging and hypertension status. ..
- Dikic I. Proteasomal and Autophagic Degradation Systems. Annu Rev Biochem. 2017;86:193-224 pubmed publisher..This review summarizes molecular details of how proteasome and autophagy pathways are functionally interconnected in cells and indicates common principles and nodes of communication that can be therapeutically exploited. ..
- Ehmke N, Graul Neumann L, Smorag L, Koenig R, Segebrecht L, Magoulas P, et al. De Novo Mutations in SLC25A24 Cause a Craniosynostosis Syndrome with Hypertrichosis, Progeroid Appearance, and Mitochondrial Dysfunction. Am J Hum Genet. 2017;101:833-843 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the SLC25A24 mutations induce a gain of pathological function and link mitochondrial ATP-Mg/Pi transport to the development of skeletal and connective tissue. ..
- Schacke W, Beck K, Pfeilschifter J, Koch F, Hattenbach L. Modulation of tissue plasminogen activator and plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 by transforming growth factor-beta in human retinal glial cells. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2002;43:2799-805 pubmed
- Nagel Wolfrum K, Buerger C, Wittig I, Butz K, Hoppe Seyler F, Groner B. The interaction of specific peptide aptamers with the DNA binding domain and the dimerization domain of the transcription factor Stat3 inhibits transactivation and induces apoptosis in tumor cells. Mol Cancer Res. 2004;2:170-82 pubmed..The inhibition of Stat3 functions through the interaction with peptide aptamers counteracts the transformed phenotype and could become useful in targeted tumor therapy. ..
- Lopez E, Zwermann O, Segni M, Meyer G, Reincke M, Seissler J, et al. A promoter polymorphism of the CYP27B1 gene is associated with Addison's disease, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, Graves' disease and type 1 diabetes mellitus in Germans. Eur J Endocrinol. 2004;151:193-7 pubmed..These results imply a regulatory difference of the CYP27B1 hydroxylase to predispose to endocrine autoimmunity. ..
- Junghans M, Loitsch S, Steiniger S, Kreuter J, Zimmer A. Cationic lipid-protamine-DNA (LPD) complexes for delivery of antisense c-myc oligonucleotides. Eur J Pharm Biopharm. 2005;60:287-94 pubmed..The C-MYC level was reduced after treatment of these antisense ODN carrier complexes. Furthermore, no changes in target mRNA concentration of the treated cells was found by reverse transcription and competitive multiplex-PCR. ..
- Hirsch K, Ludwig R, Wolter M, Zollner T, Hardt K, Kaufmann R, et al. Eosinophilic cellulitis (Wells' syndrome) associated with colon carcinoma. J Dtsch Dermatol Ges. 2005;3:530-1 pubmed..We report the association of eosinophilic cellulitis with adenocarcinoma of the colon. Curative hemicolectomy led to a complete remission, suggesting that underlying malignancies can trigger eosinophilic cellulitis. ..
- Baumeister M, Neidhardt B, Strobel J, Kohnen T. Tilt and decentration of three-piece foldable high-refractive silicone and hydrophobic acrylic intraocular lenses with 6-mm optics in an intraindividual comparison. Am J Ophthalmol. 2005;140:1051-8 pubmed..Slight deviations from the optical axis might affect the outcome in aspheric or multifocal IOLs. ..