Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Frankfurt am Main, Hesse, Germany
Locale: Frankfurt am Main, Hesse, Germany
Publications254 found, 100 shown here
- Brandt U. A two-state stabilization-change mechanism for proton-pumping complex I. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2011;1807:1364-9 pubmed publisher..This article is part of a Special Issue entitled Allosteric cooperativity in respiratory proteins. ..
- Möser C, Kynast K, Baatz K, Russe O, Ferreirós N, Costiuk H, et al. The protein kinase IKK? is a potential target for the treatment of inflammatory hyperalgesia. J Immunol. 2011;187:2617-25 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we concluded that IKK? modulates inflammatory nociceptive sensitivity by activation of NF-?B-dependent gene transcription and may be useful as a therapeutic target in the treatment of inflammatory pain. ..
- NieÃŸner C, Denzau S, Malkemper E, Gross J, Burda H, Winklhofer M, et al. Cryptochrome 1 in Retinal Cone Photoreceptors Suggests a Novel Functional Role in Mammals. Sci Rep. 2016;6:21848 pubmed publisher..We speculate that in the mouse and the other negative-tested mammals Cry1 is involved in circadian functions as a non-light-responsive protein. ..
- Tosches M. Developmental and genetic mechanisms of neural circuit evolution. Dev Biol. 2017;431:16-25 pubmed publisher..Sensory systems, in particular, seem to evolve along trajectories that enhance their evolvability, ensuring adaptation to different environments. ..
- Braun N, Brendel P, Zimmermann H. Distribution of 5'-nucleotidase in the developing mouse retina. Brain Res Dev Brain Res. 1995;88:79-86 pubmed..Müller cells thus share not only functional characteristics of astrocytes and oligodendrocytes, as previously revealed, but also of ependymal cells to which they are closely related. ..
- Zimmer A. Antisense oligonucleotide delivery with polyhexylcyanoacrylate nanoparticles as carriers. Methods. 1999;18:286-95, 322 pubmed..Improvements in antisense treatments with nanoparticles were demonstrated for tumor therapy as well as for antiviral applications. ..
- Betz H, Laube B. Glycine receptors: recent insights into their structural organization and functional diversity. J Neurochem. 2006;97:1600-10 pubmed..Hence, these receptors constitute promising targets for the development of clinically useful compounds. ..
- Papadopoulos T, Eulenburg V, Reddy Alla S, Mansuy I, Li Y, Betz H. Collybistin is required for both the formation and maintenance of GABAergic postsynapses in the hippocampus. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2008;39:161-9 pubmed publisher..Our data show that Cb is required for both the initial localization and maintenance of gephyrin and gephyrin-dependent GABA(A)Rs at inhibitory postsynaptic membrane specializations in the hippocampus. ..
- Kurz A, Rabbani N, Walter M, Bonin M, Thornalley P, Auburger G, et al. Alpha-synuclein deficiency leads to increased glyoxalase I expression and glycation stress. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2011;68:721-33 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the data demonstrate GLO1 expression and glycation damage to be induced by alpha-synuclein ablation. We propose that wild-type alpha-synuclein modulates brain glucose metabolism. ..
- Ziegeler M, Cevec M, Richter C, Schwalbe H. NMR studies of HAR1 RNA secondary structures reveal conformational dynamics in the human RNA. Chembiochem. 2012;13:2100-12 pubmed publisher..h37 RNA folds into a slightly more stable and rigid structure than c37 RNA. Both NMR structures show structural heterogeneity of the residues corresponding to the GAA loop. ..
- Behrens K, Maul K, Tekin N, Kriebitzsch N, Indenbirken D, Prassolov V, et al. RUNX1 cooperates with FLT3-ITD to induce leukemia. J Exp Med. 2017;214:737-752 pubmed publisher..These results establish and elucidate the unanticipated oncogenic function of RUNX1 in AML. We predict that blocking RUNX1 activity will greatly enhance current therapeutic approaches using FLT3 inhibitors. ..
- Wohlfart P, Haase W, Molday R, Cook N. Antibodies against synthetic peptides used to determine the topology and site of glycosylation of the cGMP-gated channel from bovine rod photoreceptors. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:644-8 pubmed..Together, these results allow the refinement of folding models for the cGMP-gated channel and implicate Asn-327 as being the sole site of N-glycosylation. ..
- Brandstätter J, Koulen P, Kuhn R, van Der Putten H, Wassle H. Compartmental localization of a metabotropic glutamate receptor (mGluR7): two different active sites at a retinal synapse. J Neurosci. 1996;16:4749-56 pubmed..This selective localization of mGluR7 could differentially regulate the glutamate release from the ribbon synapse, thus leading to a differential activation of the postsynaptic neurons. ..
- Wiessner M, Fletcher E, Fischer F, Rauen T. Localization and possible function of the glutamate transporter, EAAC1, in the rat retina. Cell Tissue Res. 2002;310:31-40 pubmed..By virtue of its location both near and well away from synaptic release sites, EAAC1 may regulate glutamate uptake differentially. ..
- Tegeder I, Schmidtko A, Niederberger E, Ruth P, Geisslinger G. Dual effects of spinally delivered 8-bromo-cyclic guanosine mono-phosphate (8-bromo-cGMP) in formalin-induced nociception in rats. Neurosci Lett. 2002;332:146-50 pubmed..The antinociceptive effects of the PKG inhibitor suggest that a strong PKG activation may be responsible for 'high dose' 8-bromo-cGMP evoked hyperalgesia. ..
- Weston E, Friday A, Johnstone R, Schrenk F. Wide faces or large canines? The attractive versus the aggressive primate. Proc Biol Sci. 2004;271 Suppl 6:S416-9 pubmed..Enlarged cheek-bones are linked with attractiveness in humans, and we propose that the evolution of a broad face and loss of large canines in hominid males results from mate choice. ..
- Ziemann U, Meintzschel F, Korchounov A, Ilic T. Pharmacological modulation of plasticity in the human motor cortex. Neurorehabil Neural Repair. 2006;20:243-51 pubmed..It will be argued that these data may be useful for advancing the concepts of pharmacotherapy for recovery after stroke. ..
- Shukla A, Reinhart C, Michel H. Comparative analysis of the human angiotensin II type 1a receptor heterologously produced in insect cells and mammalian cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;349:6-14 pubmed..The recombinant AT1aR was expressed in glycosylated form and in vivo inhibition of glycosylation suppressed its surface expression. ..
- Michaelis U, Xia N, Barbosa Sicard E, Falck J, Fleming I. Role of cytochrome P450 2C epoxygenases in hypoxia-induced cell migration and angiogenesis in retinal endothelial cells. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2008;49:1242-7 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data indicate that CYP2C-derived EETs are implicated in angiogenesis by retinal endothelial cells, especially under hypoxic conditions. ..
- Jones J, Juengel E, Mickuckyte A, Hudak L, Wedel S, Jonas D, et al. The histone deacetylase inhibitor valproic acid alters growth properties of renal cell carcinoma in vitro and in vivo. J Cell Mol Med. 2009;13:2376-85 pubmed publisher..VPA was found to have profound effects on RCC cell growth, lending support to the initiation of clinical testing of VPA for treating advanced RCC. ..
- Goren I, Müller E, Schiefelbein D, Gutwein P, Seitz O, Pfeilschifter J, et al. Akt1 controls insulin-driven VEGF biosynthesis from keratinocytes: implications for normal and diabetes-impaired skin repair in mice. J Invest Dermatol. 2009;129:752-64 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that the endocrine hormone insulin contributes to VEGF release in skin wounds through an Akt1-mediated posttranscriptional mechanism in keratinocytes. ..
- Revermann M, Barbosa Sicard E, Dony E, Schermuly R, Morisseau C, Geisslinger G, et al. Inhibition of the soluble epoxide hydrolase attenuates monocrotaline-induced pulmonary hypertension in rats. J Hypertens. 2009;27:322-31 pubmed..sEH inhibition reduces pulmonary vascular remodeling and the development of pulmonary hypertension in the monocrotaline model of primary pulmonary hypertension in rats. ..
- Ziesché E, Scheiermann P, Bachmann M, Sadik C, Hofstetter C, Zwissler B, et al. Dexamethasone suppresses interleukin-22 associated with bacterial infection in vitro and in vivo. Clin Exp Immunol. 2009;157:370-6 pubmed publisher..epidermidis-activated PBMC and rat sepsis, respectively. The data presented herein suggest that insufficient IL-22 function may contribute to impaired intestinal host defence in the context of corticosteroid therapy. ..
- Hänsel R, Foldynova Trantirkova S, Lohr F, Buck J, Bongartz E, Bamberg E, et al. Evaluation of parameters critical for observing nucleic acids inside living Xenopus laevis oocytes by in-cell NMR spectroscopy. J Am Chem Soc. 2009;131:15761-8 pubmed publisher..Finally, we show that the imino region of the NMR spectrum is devoid of any oocyte background signals enabling the detection even of isotopically nonlabeled molecules. ..
- Marquardt G, Setzer M, Theisen A, Tews D, Seifert V. Experimental subacute spinal cord compression: correlation of serial S100B and NSE serum measurements, histopathological changes, and outcome. Neurol Res. 2011;33:421-6 pubmed publisher..Thus, S100B is a reliable biochemical marker allowing for prediction of outcome. NSE does not have this prognostic significance. ..
- Feldmeyer B, Wheat C, Krezdorn N, Rotter B, Pfenninger M. Short read Illumina data for the de novo assembly of a non-model snail species transcriptome (Radix balthica, Basommatophora, Pulmonata), and a comparison of assembler performance. BMC Genomics. 2011;12:317 pubmed publisher..These results highlight the ongoing need for improvements in assembly methodology. ..
- Volknandt W, Karas M. Proteomic analysis of the presynaptic active zone. Exp Brain Res. 2012;217:449-61 pubmed publisher..In addition, we discuss the functional relevance of amyloid precursor protein in these membrane fractions and the putative interplay with direct or indirect interaction partners in the active zone. ..
- Frank R, Melaun C, Martins M, Santos A, Heukelbach J, Klimpel S. Tunga penetrans and further parasites in the giant anteater (Myrmecophaga tridactyla) from Minas Gerais, Brazil. Parasitol Res. 2012;111:1907-12 pubmed publisher..The identification of T. penetrans in M. tridactyla represents a new host record and expands the host and distribution range of the zoonotic flea species. ..
- Dehne N, Tausendschön M, Essler S, Geis T, Schmid T, Brüne B. IL-4 reduces the proangiogenic capacity of macrophages by down-regulating HIF-1? translation. J Leukoc Biol. 2014;95:129-37 pubmed publisher..Conclusively, IL-4 reduces HIF-1? translation and thus, its activity in M? and concomitantly, attenuates their ability to promote angiogenesis under hypoxic conditions. ..
- Shaabani N, Khairnar V, Duhan V, Zhou F, Tur R, HÃ¤ussinger D, et al. Two separate mechanisms of enforced viral replication balance innate and adaptive immune activation. J Autoimmun. 2016;67:82-89 pubmed publisher..We found that two separate mechanisms act together in the spleen to guarantee amplification of virus during infection, thereby balancing the activation of the innate and adaptive immune system. ..
- Rose O, Rohwedel J, Reinhardt S, Bachmann M, Cramer M, Rotter M, et al. Expression of M-cadherin protein in myogenic cells during prenatal mouse development and differentiation of embryonic stem cells in culture. Dev Dyn. 1994;201:245-59 pubmed..In summary, our results are in line with the idea that M-cadherin might play a central role in myogenic morphogenesis. ..
- OelschlÃ¤ger H, Helpert C, Northcutt R. Coexistence of FMRFAMIDE-like and LHRH-like immunoreactivity in the terminal nerve and forebrain of the big brown bat, Eptesicus fuscus. Brain Behav Evol. 1998;52:139-47 pubmed
- Raether W, Hanel H. Nitroheterocyclic drugs with broad spectrum activity. Parasitol Res. 2003;90 Supp 1:S19-39 pubmed
- Rohrbach F, Weth R, Kursar M, Sloots A, Mittrücker H, Wels W. Targeted delivery of the ErbB2/HER2 tumor antigen to professional APCs results in effective antitumor immunity. J Immunol. 2005;174:5481-9 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that these chimeric protein vaccines are effective tools for the induction of ErbB2-specific, T cell-mediated immunity. ..
- Raunser S, Haase W, Bostina M, Parcej D, Kuhlbrandt W. High-yield expression, reconstitution and structure of the recombinant, fully functional glutamate transporter GLT-1 from Rattus norvegicus. J Mol Biol. 2005;351:598-613 pubmed..Our results show that N-glycosylation does not affect the trafficking or the transport activity of GLT-1. The low-resolution structure of GLT-1 was determined by electron microscopy and single particle reconstruction. ..
- Pleskova M, Beck K, Behrens M, Huwiler A, Fichtlscherer B, Wingerter O, et al. Nitric oxide down-regulates the expression of the catalytic NADPH oxidase subunit Nox1 in rat renal mesangial cells. FASEB J. 2006;20:139-41 pubmed..Obviously, there exists a fine-tuned crosstalk between NO and ROS generating systems in the course of inflammatory diseases. ..
- Ambruosi A, Yamamoto H, Kreuter J. Body distribution of polysorbate-80 and doxorubicin-loaded [14C]poly(butyl cyanoacrylate) nanoparticles after i.v. administration in rats. J Drug Target. 2005;13:535-42 pubmed..After longer time periods after injection the differences between the three preparations decreased...
- Krick R, Aschrafi A, Hasgün D, Arnemann J. CK2-dependent C-terminal phosphorylation at T300 directs the nuclear transport of TSPY protein. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;341:343-50 pubmed..We conclude that phosphorylation of the (T300) residue is a necessary and functional prerequisite for TSPY's transport into the nucleus reminding of comparable data from a related Drosophila molecule, NAP1. ..
- Langer D, Ikehara Y, Takebayashi H, Hawkes R, Zimmermann H. The ectonucleotidases alkaline phosphatase and nucleoside triphosphate diphosphohydrolase 2 are associated with subsets of progenitor cell populations in the mouse embryonic, postnatal and adult neurogenic zones. Neuroscience. 2007;150:863-79 pubmed..They further support the notion that signaling via extracellular nucleotides and nucleosides contributes to embryonic and adult neurogenesis. ..
- Korf H. Einheit und Vielheit--unity and plurality. Ann Anat. 2007;189:535-48 pubmed
- Zimmermann D, Kiesel M, Terpitz U, Zhou A, Reuss R, Kraus J, et al. A combined patch-clamp and electrorotation study of the voltage- and frequency-dependent membrane capacitance caused by structurally dissimilar lipophilic anions. J Membr Biol. 2008;221:107-21 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that the presence of oxygen atoms in the outer molecular shell is an important factor for the fast translocation ability of lipophilic anions. ..
- Michaelis M, Rothweiler F, Klassert D, von Deimling A, Weber K, Fehse B, et al. Reversal of P-glycoprotein-mediated multidrug resistance by the murine double minute 2 antagonist nutlin-3. Cancer Res. 2009;69:416-21 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, nutlin-3-induced inhibition of P-gp and MRP-1 was discovered as a novel anticancer mechanism of the substance in this report. ..
- Yasuo S, Yoshimura T, Ebihara S, Korf H. Photoperiodic control of TSH-beta expression in the mammalian pars tuberalis has different impacts on the induction and suppression of the hypothalamo-hypopysial gonadal axis. J Neuroendocrinol. 2010;22:43-50 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that regulated transcription of TSH-beta is involved in the induction of the gonadal axis in mammals, whereas the suppression of this axis is mediated by different mechanisms. ..
- Keil S, Matter H, Schönafinger K, Glien M, Mathieu M, Marquette J, et al. Sulfonylthiadiazoles with an unusual binding mode as partial dual peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPAR) ?/? agonists with high potency and in?vivo efficacy. ChemMedChem. 2011;6:633-53 pubmed publisher..Hence, active compounds from this series can be considered as valuable tools to elucidate the complex roles of dual PPAR?/? agonists for potential treatment of metabolic syndrome. ..
- Bess E, Fisslthaler B, Frömel T, Fleming I. Nitric oxide-induced activation of the AMP-activated protein kinase ?2 subunit attenuates I?B kinase activity and inflammatory responses in endothelial cells. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e20848 pubmed publisher..Moreover, as NO potently activates AMPK in endothelial cells, a portion of the anti-inflammatory effects of NO are mediated by AMPK. ..
- Wirth K, Steinmeyer K, Ruetten H. Sensitization of upper airway mechanoreceptors as a new pharmacologic principle to treat obstructive sleep apnea: investigations with AVE0118 in anesthetized pigs. Sleep. 2013;36:699-708 pubmed publisher..The NPR may serve as a target for pharmacological intervention for a topical treatment of OSA. The objective was to determine the effect of pharmacological augmentation of the NPR on UA collapsibility...
- Siebels I, Dröse S. Q-site inhibitor induced ROS production of mitochondrial complex II is attenuated by TCA cycle dicarboxylates. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1827:1156-64 pubmed publisher..Hence, complex II has to be considered as an independent source of mitochondrial ROS in physiology and pathophysiology. ..
- Zimmermann H. Extracellular ATP and other nucleotides-ubiquitous triggers of intercellular messenger release. Purinergic Signal. 2016;12:25-57 pubmed publisher..It can be anticipated that additional nucleotide-driven messenger functions will be uncovered with relevance for both understanding physiology and development of therapy. ..
- Berger E, Haase P, Oetken M, Sundermann A. Field data reveal low critical chemical concentrations for river benthic invertebrates. Sci Total Environ. 2016;544:864-73 pubmed publisher..Overall, it is confirmed that chemical pollution is still an important factor shaping the distribution of invertebrate taxa, suggesting the need for continued efforts to reduce chemical loads in rivers. ..
- Bowler D, Böhning Gaese K. Improving the community-temperature index as a climate change indicator. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184275 pubmed publisher..We suggest that our method can be used to test the robustness of CTI trends to the possible effects of other drivers of change, apart from climate change. ..
- Petry S, Ben Ali Y, Chahinian H, Jordan H, Kleine H, Müller G, et al. Sensitive assay for hormone-sensitive lipase using NBD-labeled monoacylglycerol to detect low activities in rat adipocytes. J Lipid Res. 2005;46:603-14 pubmed..This convenient assay procedure based on NBD-MAG should facilitate the search for small molecule HSL inhibitors. ..
- Jacob W, Gravius A, Pietraszek M, Nagel J, Belozertseva I, Shekunova E, et al. The anxiolytic and analgesic properties of fenobam, a potent mGlu5 receptor antagonist, in relation to the impairment of learning. Neuropharmacology. 2009;57:97-108 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that the beneficial effects of fenobam occur in a similar dose range as the potential side-effects. ..
- Frömel T, Kohlstedt K, Popp R, Yin X, Awwad K, Barbosa Sicard E, et al. Cytochrome P4502S1: a novel monocyte/macrophage fatty acid epoxygenase in human atherosclerotic plaques. Basic Res Cardiol. 2013;108:319 pubmed publisher..Thus, CYP2S1 generates 12-HHT and is a novel regulator of macrophage function that is expressed in classical inflammatory macrophages, and can be found in murine and human atherosclerotic plaques. ..
- Konczalla J, Wanderer S, Mrosek J, Schuss P, Platz J, Güresir E, et al. Crosstalk between the angiotensin and endothelin-system in the cerebrovasculature. Curr Neurovasc Res. 2013;10:335-45 pubmed..This antagonistic effect could be another beneficial effect after subarachnoid hemorrhage, additionally to the known effects after stroke: preventing CVS, restoring cerebral autoregulation, reducing inflammation and early brain injury. ..
- Fleming I, Busse R. Endothelium-derived epoxyeicosatrienoic acids and vascular function. Hypertension. 2006;47:629-33 pubmed
- Oehlmann J, Schulte Oehlmann U, Bachmann J, Oetken M, Lutz I, Kloas W, et al. Bisphenol A induces superfeminization in the ramshorn snail Marisa cornuarietis(Gastropoda: Prosobranchia) at environmentally relevant concentrations. Environ Health Perspect. 2006;114 Suppl 1:127-33 pubmed..The results emphasize that prosobranchs are affected by BPA at lower concentrations than are other wildlife groups, and the findings also highlight the importance of exposure conditions...
- Vatter H, Konczalla J, Weidauer S, Preibisch C, Zimmermann M, Raabe A, et al. Effect of delayed cerebral vasospasm on cerebrovascular endothelin A receptor expression and function. J Neurosurg. 2007;107:121-7 pubmed..The inhibitory potency of clazosentan on this contraction is increased. Furthermore, some evidence for an ET(A) receptor and an endothelium-dependent vasoactive effect after SAH is provided. ..
- Schüttrumpf J, Milanov P, Roth S, Seifried E, Tonn T. [Non-viral gene transfer results in therapeutic factor IX levels in haemophilia B mice]. Hamostaseologie. 2008;28 Suppl 1:S92-5 pubmed..The high expression obtained in small animals give hope for further development of non-viral gene transfer for the treatment of hemophilia B in humans. ..
- Löhn M, Plettenburg O, Ivashchenko Y, Kannt A, Hofmeister A, Kadereit D, et al. Pharmacological characterization of SAR407899, a novel rho-kinase inhibitor. Hypertension. 2009;54:676-83 pubmed publisher..The antihypertensive effect of SAR407899 was superior to that of fasudil and Y-27632. In conclusion, SAR407899 is a novel and potent selective Rho-kinase inhibitor with promising antihypertensive activity. ..
- Wichmann C, Grez M, Lausen J. Molecular targeting of aberrant transcription factors in leukemia: strategies for RUNX1/ETO. Curr Drug Targets. 2010;11:1181-91 pubmed..With a special focus on RUNX1/ETO we will discuss recent strategies to directly interfere with aberrant transcription factors to block their leukemogenic function. ..
- Lu R, Kallenborn Gerhardt W, Geisslinger G, Schmidtko A. Additive antinociceptive effects of a combination of vitamin C and vitamin E after peripheral nerve injury. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e29240 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that administration of vitamins C and E in combination may exert synergistic antinociceptive effects, and further indicate that ROS essentially contribute to nociceptive processing in special pain states. ..
- Kahles T, Brandes R. Which NADPH oxidase isoform is relevant for ischemic stroke? The case for nox 2. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2013;18:1400-17 pubmed publisher..We will illustrate that the current data provide evidence for Nox2 as the most important NADPH oxidase mediating cerebral injury. ..
- Loot A, Moneke I, Keserü B, Oelze M, Syzonenko T, Daiber A, et al. 11,12-EET stimulates the association of BK channel ? and ?(1) subunits in mitochondria to induce pulmonary vasoconstriction. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e46065 pubmed publisher..The 11,12-EET-induced activation of BK channels results in loss of the mitochondrial membrane potential and depolarization of the pulmonary artery smooth muscle cells. ..
- Boon R, Vickers K. Intercellular transport of microRNAs. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2013;33:186-92 pubmed publisher..This review brings into focus what is currently known and outstanding in a novel field of study with applicability to cardiovascular disease. ..
- Weigand A, Jochum A, Slapnik R, Schnitzler J, Zarza E, Klussmann Kolb A. Evolution of microgastropods (Ellobioidea, Carychiidae): integrating taxonomic, phylogenetic and evolutionary hypotheses. BMC Evol Biol. 2013;13:18 pubmed publisher..Major environmental changes did not influence carychiid diversification. However, certain molecular delimitation methods indicated a recent decrease in diversification rate. We attribute this decrease to protracted speciation. ..
- Harter P, Dützmann S, Drott U, Zachskorn C, Hattingen E, Capper D, et al. Anti-tissue factor (TF9-10H10) treatment reduces tumor cell invasiveness in a novel migratory glioma model. Neuropathology. 2013;33:515-25 pubmed publisher..Thus, targeting the TF pathway might be a promising treatment strategy for future glioblastoma therapies, by affecting both invading tumor cells and tumor vasculature. ..
- Geiger J, Lipka J, Segura I, Hoyer S, Schlager M, Wulf P, et al. The GRIP1/14-3-3 pathway coordinates cargo trafficking and dendrite development. Dev Cell. 2014;28:381-93 pubmed publisher..Together, our results show a regulatory role for GRIP1 during microtubule-based transport and suggest a crucial function for 14-3-3 proteins in controlling kinesin-1 motor attachment during neuronal development. ..
- Reiländer H, Achilles A, Friedel U, Maul G, Lottspeich F, Cook N. Primary structure and functional expression of the Na/Ca,K-exchanger from bovine rod photoreceptors. EMBO J. 1992;11:1689-95 pubmed..Insect cells infected with recombinant baculovirus bearing the full-length cDNA express a functional Na/Ca,K-exchanger with an apparent relative molecular weight of approximately 210 kDa, as determined by Western blotting. ..
- Rubant S, Ludwig R, Diehl S, Hardt K, Kaufmann R, Pfeilschifter J, et al. Dimethylfumarate reduces leukocyte rolling in vivo through modulation of adhesion molecule expression. J Invest Dermatol. 2008;128:326-31 pubmed..We provide early evidence that DMF affects adhesion molecule expression on human leukocytes and their rolling behavior in vivo, indicating that DMF directly affects the initial step of leukocyte extravasation. ..
- Anand K, Pallares I, Valnickova Z, Christensen T, Vendrell J, Wendt K, et al. The crystal structure of thrombin-activable fibrinolysis inhibitor (TAFI) provides the structural basis for its intrinsic activity and the short half-life of TAFIa. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:29416-23 pubmed publisher..Sulfate ions, bound to this region, point toward a potential heparin-binding site and could explain how heparin stabilizes TAFIa. ..
- Madry C, Betz H, Geiger J, Laube B. Supralinear potentiation of NR1/NR3A excitatory glycine receptors by Zn2+ and NR1 antagonist. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:12563-8 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that this unconventional member of the NMDA receptor family may in vivo be gated by the combined action of glycine and Zn(2+) or a yet unknown second ligand. ..
- Seeger F, Rasper T, Fischer A, Muhly Reinholz M, Hergenreider E, Leistner D, et al. Heparin disrupts the CXCR4/SDF-1 axis and impairs the functional capacity of bone marrow-derived mononuclear cells used for cardiovascular repair. Circ Res. 2012;111:854-62 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that bivalirudin but not heparin might be recommended as an anticoagulant for intracoronary infusion of BMCs for cell therapy after cardiac ischemia. ..
- Volpato V, Macchiarelli R, Guatelli Steinberg D, Fiore I, Bondioli L, Frayer D. Hand to mouth in a neandertal: right-handedness in Regourdou 1. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e43949 pubmed publisher..These observations along with cultural, genetic and morphological evidence indicate language competence in Neandertals and their European precursors. ..
- SchÃ¶lvinck M, Leopold D, Brookes M, Khader P. The contribution of electrophysiology to functional connectivity mapping. Neuroimage. 2013;80:297-306 pubmed publisher..Given its prominence and its practical applications for the functional connectivity mapping of brain networks, it is of increasing importance that we understand its neural origins as well as its contribution to normal brain function. ..
- Krause S, Schwarz W. Identification and selective inhibition of the channel mode of the neuronal GABA transporter 1. Mol Pharmacol. 2005;68:1728-35 pubmed..03 microM. Thus, the results of this study not only identify the transport mode and the channel mode of GAT1 but also raise the possibility of separating these components in a physiological environment. ..
- Niederberger E, Geisslinger G. Proteomics in neuropathic pain research. Anesthesiology. 2008;108:314-23 pubmed publisher..This might allow a better understanding of the pathophysiologic signaling pathways in this impairment, facilitate the discovery of specific biomarkers, and thus promote the development of novel pain therapies. ..
- Nowak C, Vogt C, Pfenninger M, Schwenk K, Oehlmann J, Streit B, et al. Rapid genetic erosion in pollutant-exposed experimental chironomid populations. Environ Pollut. 2009;157:881-6 pubmed publisher..Our findings document that chemical pollution may lead to a rapid decrease in genetic diversity, which has important implications for conservation strategies and ecological management in polluted environments...
- Gao W, Schmidtko A, Lu R, Brenneis C, Angioni C, Schmidt R, et al. Prostaglandin D(2) sustains the pyrogenic effect of prostaglandin E(2). Eur J Pharmacol. 2009;608:28-31 pubmed publisher..c.m. administered PGE(2). These data indicate that PGD(2) might control the availability of PGE(2) in the CSF and suggest that centrally produced PGD(2) may play a role in the maintenance of fever. ..
- Ludwig R, Hardt K, Hatting M, Bistrian R, Diehl S, Radeke H, et al. Junctional adhesion molecule (JAM)-B supports lymphocyte rolling and adhesion through interaction with alpha4beta1 integrin. Immunology. 2009;128:196-205 pubmed publisher..037; analysis of variance (anova)]. Overall, JAM-B appears to contribute to leucocyte extravasation by facilitating not only transmigration but also rolling and adhesion. ..
- Kuci S, Kuçi Z, Kreyenberg H, Deak E, Pütsch K, Huenecke S, et al. CD271 antigen defines a subset of multipotent stromal cells with immunosuppressive and lymphohematopoietic engraftment-promoting properties. Haematologica. 2010;95:651-9 pubmed publisher..The co-transplantation of such cells together with hematopoietic stem cells in patients with hematologic malignancies may prove valuable in the prevention of impaired/delayed T-cell recovery and graft-versus-host disease. ..
- Kaiser D, Sieratowicz A, Zielke H, Oetken M, Hollert H, Oehlmann J. Ecotoxicological effect characterisation of widely used organic UV filters. Environ Pollut. 2012;163:84-90 pubmed publisher..At high concentrations sublethal effects could be observed for D. rerio after exposure to EHMC (NOEC 100 mg/kg). B-MDM and OCR showed no effects on any of the tested organism. ..
- Nilsson M, Klassert D, Bertelsen M, Hallström B, Janke A. Activity of ancient RTE retroposons during the evolution of cows, spiral-horned antelopes, and Nilgais (Bovinae). Mol Biol Evol. 2012;29:2885-8 pubmed..A transposition-in-transposition analysis identifies three different phases of SINE activity and show how BovB elements have expanded in the cattle genome. ..
- Khaminets A, Behl C, Dikic I. Ubiquitin-Dependent And Independent Signals In Selective Autophagy. Trends Cell Biol. 2016;26:6-16 pubmed publisher..In this article we summarize Ub-dependent and independent selective autophagy pathways, and discuss regulatory mechanisms and challenges for future studies. ..
- Tang D, Tao S, Chen Z, Koliesnik I, Calmes P, Hoerr V, et al. Dietary restriction improves repopulation but impairs lymphoid differentiation capacity of hematopoietic stem cells in early aging. J Exp Med. 2016;213:535-53 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings delineate positive and negative effects of long-term DR on HSC functionality involving distinct stress and growth signaling pathways. ..
- Brandes R, Schmitz Winnenthal F, Feletou M, Godecke A, Huang P, Vanhoutte P, et al. An endothelium-derived hyperpolarizing factor distinct from NO and prostacyclin is a major endothelium-dependent vasodilator in resistance vessels of wild-type and endothelial NO synthase knockout mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2000;97:9747-52 pubmed