Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on t lymphocytes in Berlin, Germany
Locale: Berlin, Germany
Topic: t lymphocytes
- Vogt J, Paul F, Aktas O, Müller Wielsch K, Dorr J, Dörr S, et al. Lower motor neuron loss in multiple sclerosis and experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis. Ann Neurol. 2009;66:310-22 pubmed publisher..Our study indicates that damage to lower motor neurons and TRAIL-mediated inflammatory neurodegeneration in the spinal cord contribute to MS pathology. ..
- Rossberg S, Schwarz K, Meisel C, Holzhauer S, Kuhl J, Ebell W, et al. Delayed onset of (severe) combined immunodeficiency (S)CID (T-B+NK+): complete IL-7 receptor deficiency in a 22 months old girl. Klin Padiatr. 2009;221:339-43 pubmed publisher..Thus even in patients with moderate clinical symptoms and delayed onset a (T-B+NK+) (Severe) Combined Immunodeficiency ((S)CID)) due to missing IL-7 receptor signalling must be considered. ..
- Appel H, Kuhne M, Spiekermann S, Ebhardt H, Grozdanovic Z, Köhler D, et al. Immunohistologic analysis of zygapophyseal joints in patients with ankylosing spondylitis. Arthritis Rheum. 2006;54:2845-51 pubmed..Zygapophyseal joints of the spine are often affected in ankylosing spondylitis (AS). In this study, we undertook a systematic immunohistologic evaluation of the immunopathology of the zygapophyseal joints in patients with advanced AS...
- Thulke S, Radonic A, Nitsche A, Siegert W. Quantitative expression analysis of HHV-6 cell receptor CD46 on cells of human cord blood, peripheral blood and G-CSF mobilised leukapheresis cells. Virol J. 2006;3:77 pubmed..In conclusion, hematopoietic progenitor cells express CD46 on their surface, thereby fulfilling a basic requirement for the susceptibility of HHV-6 infection. ..
- Tokoyoda K, Hauser A, Nakayama T, Radbruch A. Organization of immunological memory by bone marrow stroma. Nat Rev Immunol. 2010;10:193-200 pubmed publisher..An understanding of the biology of mesenchymal stromal cells and their interaction with cells of the immune system is key to fully understanding immunological memory. ..
- Lehmann J, Huehn J, de la Rosa M, Maszyna F, Kretschmer U, Krenn V, et al. Expression of the integrin alpha Ebeta 7 identifies unique subsets of CD25+ as well as CD25- regulatory T cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:13031-6 pubmed..Thus, the integrin alpha(E)beta(7) can be regarded as a novel marker for subsets of highly potent, functionally distinct regulatory T cells specialized for crosstalk with epithelial environments. ..
- Kammertoens T, Willebrand R, Erdmann B, Li L, Li Y, Engels B, et al. CY15, a malignant histiocytic tumor that is phenotypically similar to immature dendritic cells. Cancer Res. 2005;65:2560-4 pubmed..1 and B7.2 and to secrete tumor necrosis factor alpha and IL-12. Based on these data, CY15 is a dendritic cell-like tumor cell line and may serve as a transplantable tumor model for histiocytosis in humans...
- Schubert S, Abdul Khaliq H, Lehmkuhl H, Hubler M, Abd El Rahman M, Miera O, et al. Advantages of C2 monitoring to avoid acute rejection in pediatric heart transplant recipients. J Heart Lung Transplant. 2006;25:619-25 pubmed..Monitoring of the C2 rather than the C0 level better reflects immunosuppressive efficiency and identifies patients at increased risk of acute rejection. A C2 level of >600 ng/ml should be the target to prevent acute rejection. ..
- Weindl G, Wagener J, Schaller M. Epithelial cells and innate antifungal defense. J Dent Res. 2010;89:666-75 pubmed publisher..We address the most relevant pattern recognition receptors and their signaling mechanisms in oral epithelial cells, to gain a better understanding of their contributions to antifungal innate immunity. ..
- Schott E, Witt H, Hinrichsen H, Neumann K, Weich V, Bergk A, et al. Gender-dependent association of CTLA4 polymorphisms with resolution of hepatitis C virus infection. J Hepatol. 2007;46:372-80 pubmed..CTLA4 polymorphisms are associated with the resolution of HCV infection. This study underlines the role of an efficient T-cell response in the clearance of HCV and sheds light on a gender-dependent difference of immune regulation. ..
- Walisko O, Schorn A, Rolfs F, Devaraj A, Miskey C, Izsvák Z, et al. Transcriptional activities of the Sleeping Beauty transposon and shielding its genetic cargo with insulators. Mol Ther. 2008;16:359-69 pubmed
- Brestrich G, Zwinger S, Fischer A, Schmuck M, Röhmhild A, Hammer M, et al. Adoptive T-cell therapy of a lung transplanted patient with severe CMV disease and resistance to antiviral therapy. Am J Transplant. 2009;9:1679-84 pubmed publisher..Further studies have to elucidate the most potent strategies to generate antigen-specific T cells with high functional capacity and robust long-term persistence. ..
- Rosseau S, Hocke A, Mollenkopf H, Schmeck B, Suttorp N, Kaufmann S, et al. Comparative transcriptional profiling of the lung reveals shared and distinct features of Streptococcus pneumoniae and influenza A virus infection. Immunology. 2007;120:380-91 pubmed..These data provide new insights into pathogenesis of the most common forms of pneumonia, highlighting the value of transcriptional profiling for the elucidation of underlying mechanisms. ..
- Nickel P, Bold G, Presber F, Biti D, Babel N, Kreutzer S, et al. High levels of CMV-IE-1-specific memory T cells are associated with less alloimmunity and improved renal allograft function. Transpl Immunol. 2009;20:238-42 pubmed publisher..We hypothesize that IE-1-specific T cells might effectively suppress IE-1-induced indirect effects such as inflammation and upregulation of MHC class II and adhesion molecules. ..
- Bock O, Boerst H, Thomasius F, Degner C, Stephan Oelkers M, Valentine S, et al. Common musculoskeletal adverse effects of oral treatment with once weekly alendronate and risedronate in patients with osteoporosis and ways for their prevention. J Musculoskelet Neuronal Interact. 2007;7:144-8 pubmed
- Hoehlig K, Lampropoulou V, Roch T, Neves P, Calderon Gomez E, Anderton S, et al. Immune regulation by B cells and antibodies a view towards the clinic. Adv Immunol. 2008;98:1-38 pubmed publisher..These suppressive functions of B cells and antibodies do not only open new ways for harnessing autoimmune illnesses, but they also should be taken into account when designing new strategies for vaccination against microbes and tumors...
- Leng C, Gries M, Ziegler J, Lokshin A, Mascagni P, Lentzsch S, et al. Reduction of graft-versus-host disease by histone deacetylase inhibitor suberonylanilide hydroxamic acid is associated with modulation of inflammatory cytokine milieu and involves inhibition of STAT1. Exp Hematol. 2006;34:776-87 pubmed
- Noga O, Peiser M, Altenähr M, Knieling H, Wanner R, Hanf G, et al. Differential activation of dendritic cells by nerve growth factor and brain-derived neurotrophic factor. Clin Exp Allergy. 2007;37:1701-8 pubmed..These cells then may initiate inflammatory responses based on allergic sensitization releasing preferred cytokines inducing tolerance or a T-helper type 2 response. ..
- Quandt D, Hoff H, Rudolph M, Fillatreau S, Brunner Weinzierl M. A new role of CTLA-4 on B cells in thymus-dependent immune responses in vivo. J Immunol. 2007;179:7316-24 pubmed..We propose that CTLA-4 signals on B cells determine the early fate of B cells in thymus-dependent immune responses. ..
- Shalapour S, Deiser K, Sercan O, Tuckermann J, Minnich K, Willimsky G, et al. Commensal microflora and interferon-gamma promote steady-state interleukin-7 production in vivo. Eur J Immunol. 2010;40:2391-400 pubmed publisher..In summary, our data suggest a feedback loop in which commensal bacteria drive IFN-gamma production by lymphocytes, which in turn promotes epithelial cell IL-7 production and the survival of IL-7-dependent lymphocytes. ..
- Hoff H, Kolar P, Ambach A, Radbruch A, Brunner Weinzierl M. CTLA-4 (CD152) inhibits T cell function by activating the ubiquitin ligase Itch. Mol Immunol. 2010;47:1875-81 pubmed publisher..These results show that CTLA-4 mediates signals via the activation of the ubiquitin ligase Itch probably leading to the enhanced ubiquitination of Itch target molecules resulting in inhibition of T cell activity. ..
- von Baehr V, Mayer W, Liebenthal C, von Baehr R, Bieger W, Volk H. Improving the in vitro antigen specific T cell proliferation assay: the use of interferon-alpha to elicit antigen specific stimulation and decrease bystander proliferation. J Immunol Methods. 2001;251:63-71 pubmed..This may be of particular value when looking at T cell responses in immunocompromised patients or in diagnostic attempts to detect very low frequencies of antigen-specific T cells. ..
- Karawajew L, Rhein P, Czerwony G, Ludwig W. Stress-induced activation of the p53 tumor suppressor in leukemia cells and normal lymphocytes requires mitochondrial activity and reactive oxygen species. Blood. 2005;105:4767-75 pubmed
- Geserick P, Kaiser F, Klemm U, Kaufmann S, Zerrahn J. Modulation of T cell development and activation by novel members of the Schlafen (slfn) gene family harbouring an RNA helicase-like motif. Int Immunol. 2004;16:1535-48 pubmed..Thus, functional participation of slfn8 in the regulatory networks governing T cell development and growth appears to be cell type specific. ..
- Penack O, Fischer L, Gentilini C, Nogai A, Muessig A, Rieger K, et al. The type of ATG matters -- natural killer cells are influenced differentially by Thymoglobulin, Lymphoglobulin and ATG-Fresenius. Transpl Immunol. 2007;18:85-7 pubmed..Randomized trials addressing the impact of different ATGs on lymphocyte subpopulations in the clinical setting are urgently warranted. ..
- Fischer K, Scotet E, Niemeyer M, Koebernick H, Zerrahn J, Maillet S, et al. Mycobacterial phosphatidylinositol mannoside is a natural antigen for CD1d-restricted T cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:10685-90 pubmed..This phospholipid, therefore, represents a mycobacterial antigen recognized by T cells in the context of CD1d. ..
- Hartmann S, Schönemeyer A, Sonnenburg B, Vray B, Lucius R. Cystatins of filarial nematodes up-regulate the nitric oxide production of interferon-gamma-activated murine macrophages. Parasite Immunol. 2002;24:253-62 pubmed..Our data suggest that filarial cystatins are potent triggers of the production of NO, a mediator which was shown to have a role as an effector molecule against filarial worms in vitro and in vivo. ..
- Blass S, Union A, Raymackers J, Schumann F, Ungethum U, Müller Steinbach S, et al. The stress protein BiP is overexpressed and is a major B and T cell target in rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Rheum. 2001;44:761-71 pubmed..Since overexpression of BiP has been shown to decrease the sensitivity of cells to killing by cytotoxic T cells, BiP overexpression and BiP-specific autoimmunity may be involved in the pathogenesis of RA. ..
- Ruter J, Demuth H, Arck P, Hoffmann T, Klapp B, Hildebrandt M. Inhibition of dipeptidylpeptidase IV (DPP IV, CD26) activity modulates surface expression of CTLA-4 in stress-induced abortions. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2003;524:155-63 pubmed
- Lipp M, Brandt C, Dehghani F, Kwidzinski E, Bechmann I. PD-L1 (B7-H1) regulation in zones of axonal degeneration. Neurosci Lett. 2007;425:156-61 pubmed..Immunocytochemistry revealed astrocytes as source of B7-H1, while immune positive microglia were not detected. Thus, axonal degeneration induces astrocytes to express B7-H1, a potent inhibitor of effector T cells. ..
- Kaufmann S. Novel tuberculosis vaccination strategies based on understanding the immune response. J Intern Med. 2010;267:337-53 pubmed publisher..Ultimately, vaccination strategies that achieve sterile eradication of, or prevent infection with, tubercle bacilli would be an ambitious highly promising goal. ..
- Jarmalavicius S, Trefzer U, Walden P. Differential arginine methylation of the G-protein pathway suppressor GPS-2 recognized by tumor-specific T cells in melanoma. FASEB J. 2010;24:937-46 pubmed publisher..Jarmalavicius, S., Trefzer, U., Walden, P. Differential arginine methylation of the G-protein pathway suppressor GPS-2 recognized by tumor-specific T cells in melanoma. ..
- Gruen M, Bommert K, Bargou R. T-cell-mediated lysis of B cells induced by a CD19xCD3 bispecific single-chain antibody is perforin dependent and death receptor independent. Cancer Immunol Immunother. 2004;53:625-32 pubmed..In addition to granule exocytosis, Raji cells are lysed by at least one mechanism independent of perforin, which requires transport through the T cell's Golgi apparatus. ..
- Sommermeyer D, Neudorfer J, Weinhold M, Leisegang M, Engels B, Noessner E, et al. Designer T cells by T cell receptor replacement. Eur J Immunol. 2006;36:3052-9 pubmed
- Hebel K, Griewank K, Inamine A, Chang H, Müller Hilke B, Fillatreau S, et al. Plasma cell differentiation in T-independent type 2 immune responses is independent of CD11c(high) dendritic cells. Eur J Immunol. 2006;36:2912-9 pubmed..Interestingly, we found plasma blasts to express CD11c and to be diphtheria toxin-sensitive in CD11c-diphtheria toxin receptor-transgenic mice, providing a unique tool for future analysis of in vivo aspects of plasma cell biology. ..
- Schulte Herbrüggen O, Nassenstein C, Lommatzsch M, Quarcoo D, Renz H, Braun A. Tumor necrosis factor-alpha and interleukin-6 regulate secretion of brain-derived neurotrophic factor in human monocytes. J Neuroimmunol. 2005;160:204-9 pubmed..None of the cytokines induced BDNF secretion in T- or B-cells. Thus, our data provide evidence that IL-6 and TNF-alpha represent a specific link between monocyte infiltration and neuronal changes in inflammatory diseases. ..
- Rückert C, Fiorillo M, Loll B, Moretti R, Biesiadka J, Saenger W, et al. Conformational dimorphism of self-peptides and molecular mimicry in a disease-associated HLA-B27 subtype. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:2306-16 pubmed..These results lend support to the concept that conformational dimorphisms of MHC class I-bound peptides might be connected with the occurrence of self-reactive CTL. ..
- Moller P, Bohm M, Czarnetszki B, Schadendorf D. Interleukin-7. Biology and implications for dermatology. Exp Dermatol. 1996;5:129-37 pubmed..This review summarizes our present knowledge about the molecular and immunological properties of IL7 with emphasis on the effects of that cytokine within the cutaneous compartment and the potential clinical utility in dermatology. ..
- Paclik D, Berndt U, Guzy C, Dankof A, Danese S, Holzloehner P, et al. Galectin-2 induces apoptosis of lamina propria T lymphocytes and ameliorates acute and chronic experimental colitis in mice. J Mol Med (Berl). 2008;86:1395-406 pubmed..Furthermore, galectin-2 has no significant toxicity over a broad dose range, suggesting that it may serve as a new therapeutic agent in the treatment of inflammatory bowel disease. ..
- Dorhoi A, Kaufmann S. Fine-tuning of T cell responses during infection. Curr Opin Immunol. 2009;21:367-77 pubmed publisher..This review focuses on the multiple mechanisms that govern T cell differentiation during infection...
- Qin Z, Harders C, Cao X, Huber C, Blankenstein T, Seliger B. Increased tumorigenicity, but unchanged immunogenicity, of transporter for antigen presentation 1-deficient tumors. Cancer Res. 2002;62:2856-60 pubmed..Thus, the lack of TAP1 expression did not change the immunogenicity of tumor cells. It may enable tumor cells to escape T-cell recognition during the effector phase of an antitumor immune response...
- Müller G, Lipp M. Shaping up adaptive immunity: the impact of CCR7 and CXCR5 on lymphocyte trafficking. Microcirculation. 2003;10:325-34 pubmed
- Hartmann S, Kyewski B, Sonnenburg B, Lucius R. A filarial cysteine protease inhibitor down-regulates T cell proliferation and enhances interleukin-10 production. Eur J Immunol. 1997;27:2253-60 pubmed..Hence, this filarial cystatin is a likely effector molecule of immunomodulation and a potential target for antifilarial intervention...
- Hutloff A, Dittrich A, Beier K, Eljaschewitsch B, Kraft R, Anagnostopoulos I, et al. ICOS is an inducible T-cell co-stimulator structurally and functionally related to CD28. Nature. 1999;397:263-6 pubmed..Our results indicate that ICOS is another major regulator of the adaptive immune system. ..
- Winau F, Hegasy G, Weiskirchen R, Weber S, Cassan C, Sieling P, et al. Ito cells are liver-resident antigen-presenting cells for activating T cell responses. Immunity. 2007;26:117-29 pubmed
- Kruger K, Buning C, Schriever F. Activated T lymphocytes bind in situ to stromal tissue of colon carcinoma but lack adhesion to tumor cells. Eur J Immunol. 2001;31:138-45 pubmed..We present a panel of adhesion molecules that could mediate the migration of activated T lymphocytes into the stroma of colon carcinoma. ..
- Huehn J, Siegmund K, Hamann A. Migration rules: functional properties of naive and effector/memory-like regulatory T cell subsets. Curr Top Microbiol Immunol. 2005;293:89-114 pubmed..Notably, the potential heterogeneity of Tregs with respect to phenotype and function deserves attention and is a major issue discussed in this review. ..
- Mages H, Hutloff A, Heuck C, Buchner K, Himmelbauer H, Oliveri F, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of murine ICOS and identification of B7h as ICOS ligand. Eur J Immunol. 2000;30:1040-7 pubmed..The muICOS gene was mapped to a region of chromosome 1 also harboring the CD28 and CTLA-4 genes. Using recombinant chimeric muICOS-Ig we determined that B7h, a recently cloned B7-like molecule, is a ligand for muICOS. ..
- Bumann D. T cell receptor-transgenic mouse models for studying cellular immune responses to Salmonella in vivo. FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol. 2003;37:105-9 pubmed..In this review, the results obtained with four different TCR-transgenic Salmonella infection models are described, and advantages and potential limits of each of the different models are compared. ..
- Kassner N, Krueger M, Yagita H, Dzionek A, Hutloff A, Kroczek R, et al. Cutting edge: Plasmacytoid dendritic cells induce IL-10 production in T cells via the Delta-like-4/Notch axis. J Immunol. 2010;184:550-4 pubmed publisher..We provide a new mechanism for IL-10 induction by pDCs underlining the importance of the Dll-4/Notch axis in the regulation of inflammatory T cell responses. ..
- Guerreiro M, Na I, Letsch A, Haase D, Bauer S, Meisel C, et al. Human peripheral blood and bone marrow Epstein-Barr virus-specific T-cell repertoire in latent infection reveals distinct memory T-cell subsets. Eur J Immunol. 2010;40:1566-76 pubmed publisher..Our study delineates the memory T-cell profile of a protective immune response and provides a basis for analyzing T-cell responses in EBV-associated diseases. ..
- Willimsky G, Blankenstein T. Sporadic immunogenic tumours avoid destruction by inducing T-cell tolerance. Nature. 2005;437:141-6 pubmed..Furthermore, in the primary host tumour-induced tolerance is associated with the expansion of non-functional T cells. Together, our data argue against immunosurveillance of spontaneous cancer. ..
- Voigt I, Camacho S, de Boer B, Lipp M, Forster R, Berek C. CXCR5-deficient mice develop functional germinal centers in the splenic T cell zone. Eur J Immunol. 2000;30:560-7 pubmed..However, within the T cell zone a micro-environment is built up, which provides all requirements needed for the affinity maturation to take place. ..
- Mittrucker H, Kohler A, Mak T, Kaufmann S. Critical role of CD28 in protective immunity against Salmonella typhimurium. J Immunol. 1999;163:6769-76 pubmed..Thus, CD28 cosignaling is crucial for immunity against S. typhimurium. To our knowledge, this is the first report describing an essential role for CD28 in protective immunity against an intracellular microbial pathogen. ..
- Doebis C, Siegmund K, Loddenkemper C, Lowe J, Issekutz A, Hamann A, et al. Cellular players and role of selectin ligands in leukocyte recruitment in a T-cell-initiated delayed-type hypersensitivity reaction. Am J Pathol. 2008;173:1067-76 pubmed publisher..However, only the presence of selectin ligands on T cells was critical for the inflammatory reaction. These findings reveal T cells as the predominant targets for selectin blockade that aim to suppress skin inflammation. ..
- Graf D, Muller S, Korthauer U, van Kooten C, Weise C, Kroczek R. A soluble form of TRAP (CD40 ligand) is rapidly released after T cell activation. Eur J Immunol. 1995;25:1749-54 pubmed..Like other members of the TNF superfamily (e.g. TNF-alpha, Fas/APO-1 ligand), TRAP thus has the potential to be biologically active not only in a transmembrane form but also as a soluble molecule. ..
- Kirchhoff D, Frentsch M, Leclerk P, Bumann D, Rausch S, Hartmann S, et al. Identification and isolation of murine antigen-reactive T cells according to CD154 expression. Eur J Immunol. 2007;37:2370-7 pubmed
- Day T, Koch M, Nouailles G, Jacobsen M, Kosmiadi G, Miekley D, et al. Secondary lymphoid organs are dispensable for the development of T-cell-mediated immunity during tuberculosis. Eur J Immunol. 2010;40:1663-73 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate that protective immune responses can be generated independently of SLO during MTB infection and implicate local pulmonary T-cell priming as a mechanism contributing to host defense. ..
- Waiczies S, Bendix I, Prozorovski T, Ratner M, Nazarenko I, Pfueller C, et al. Geranylgeranylation but not GTP loading determines rho migratory function in T cells. J Immunol. 2007;179:6024-32 pubmed..Thus, tethering of RhoA to the membrane by GGpp is determinant for T cell migration and provides a mechanism for preventing T cell infiltration into inflamed compartments by 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-CoA reductase inhibitors. ..
- Morawietz L, Martinez Gamboa L, Scheffler S, Hausdorf G, Dankof A, Kuckelkorn U, et al. Expression of proteasomal immunosubunit beta1i is dysregulated in inflammatory infiltrates of minor salivary glands in Sjogren's syndrome. J Rheumatol. 2009;36:2694-703 pubmed publisher..Minor salivary gland specimens were analyzed to investigate dysregulation of the proteasome system in patients with Sjögren's syndrome (SS) and patients with sicca syndrome...
- Hoffmann J, Peters K, Pawlowski N, Grollich K, Henschke S, Herrmann B, et al. In vivo proliferation of rat lamina propria T lymphocytes: general hyporesponsiveness but increased importance of the CD2 and CD28 pathways. Immunol Invest. 2009;38:466-82 pubmed..In conclusion, stimulation of LPL-T results in much shorter and weaker in vivo proliferation than in other lymphoid organs. Overall, CD2/CD28 costimulation is the strongest T cell stimulus in vivo. ..
- Lampropoulou V, Hoehlig K, Roch T, Neves P, Calderon Gomez E, Sweenie C, et al. TLR-activated B cells suppress T cell-mediated autoimmunity. J Immunol. 2008;180:4763-73 pubmed..Altogether, our data indicate that B cells link recognition of microbial products via TLR to suppression of a T cell-mediated autoimmune disease. ..
- Mirshahpanah P, Li Y, Burkhardt N, Asadullah K, Zollner T. CCR4 and CCR10 ligands play additive roles in mouse contact hypersensitivity. Exp Dermatol. 2008;17:30-4 pubmed..We conclude that blocking CCR4 and CCR10 simultaneously, or their ligands, should be beneficial in the treatment of T-cell-mediated skin diseases. ..
- Trefzer U, Herberth G, Wohlan K, Milling A, Thiemann M, Sharav T, et al. Tumour-dendritic hybrid cell vaccination for the treatment of patients with malignant melanoma: immunological effects and clinical results. Vaccine. 2005;23:2367-73 pubmed..Eleven of fourteen patients, clinical responders and non-responders alike, mounted high-frequency T cell responses to various tumour-associated antigens. Failing clinical responses correlated with loss of antigenicity...
- Langnickel D, Enghard P, Klein C, Undeutsch R, Hocher B, Manz R, et al. Induction of pathogenic anti-dsDNA antibodies is controlled on the level of B cells in a non-lupus prone mouse strain. J Clin Immunol. 2006;26:86-95 pubmed..T-cell help for the generation of dsDNA-specific AFC was also present in saline-treated CWF1 mice but was controlled on the levels of B cells preventing autoimmunity. ..
- Zimmermann J, Kühne R, Sylvester M, Freund C. Redox-regulated conformational changes in an SH3 domain. Biochemistry. 2007;46:6971-7 pubmed..The redox potential for this structural transition is -228 mV at pH 7.4. This is compatible with a role of the cysteinylcysteine moiety in redox signaling during T cell activation. ..
- Busse A, Letsch A, Scheibenbogen C, Nonnenmacher A, Ochsenreither S, Thiel E, et al. Mutation or loss of Wilms' tumor gene 1 (WT1) are not major reasons for immune escape in patients with AML receiving WT1 peptide vaccination. J Transl Med. 2010;8:5 pubmed publisher..Defects in antigen presentation caused by loss or mutation of WT1 or downregulation of HLA molecules are not the major basis for escape from the immune response induced by WT1 peptide vaccination. ..
- Utku N, Boerner A, Tomschegg A, Bennai Sanfourche F, Bulwin G, Heinemann T, et al. TIRC7 deficiency causes in vitro and in vivo augmentation of T and B cell activation and cytokine response. J Immunol. 2004;173:2342-52 pubmed..In summary, the data strongly support an important role for TIRC7 in regulating both T and B cell responses. ..
- Heuer K, Arbuzova A, Strauss H, Kofler M, Freund C. The helically extended SH3 domain of the T cell adaptor protein ADAP is a novel lipid interaction domain. J Mol Biol. 2005;348:1025-35 pubmed..Furthermore, the ADAP lipid interaction defines the helically extended SH3 scaffold as a novel member of membrane interaction domains. ..
- Ingersoll M, Zychlinsky A. ShiA abrogates the innate T-cell response to Shigella flexneri infection. Infect Immun. 2006;74:2317-27 pubmed..These results suggest that the T-cell innate response is suppressed by ShiA in Shigella infections...
- Bulwin G, Heinemann T, Bugge V, Winter M, Lohan A, Schlawinsky M, et al. TIRC7 inhibits T cell proliferation by modulation of CTLA-4 expression. J Immunol. 2006;177:6833-41 pubmed..Splenocytes obtained from CTLA-4-deficient mice are not responsive to TIRC7 Ab targeting. Thus, TIRC7 acts as an upstream regulatory molecule of CTLA-4 expression. ..
- Zeng Y, Huebener N, Fest S, Weixler S, Schroeder U, Gaedicke G, et al. Fractalkine (CX3CL1)- and interleukin-2-enriched neuroblastoma microenvironment induces eradication of metastases mediated by T cells and natural killer cells. Cancer Res. 2007;67:2331-8 pubmed..In summary, we showed for the first time the immunologic mechanisms by which targeted IL-2 treatment of neuroblastoma with an FKN-rich microenvironment induces an effective antitumor response. ..