Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on rna interference in Hamburg, Germany
Locale: Hamburg, Germany
Topic: rna interference
- Cornfine S, Himmel M, Kopp P, El Azzouzi K, Wiesner C, Kruger M, et al. The kinesin KIF9 and reggie/flotillin proteins regulate matrix degradation by macrophage podosomes. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:202-15 pubmed publisher..In sum, we identify the kinesin KIF9 and reggie/flotillin proteins as novel regulators of macrophage podosomes and show that their interaction is critical for the matrix-degrading ability of these structures. ..
- Sirma H, Kumar M, Meena J, Witt B, Weise J, Lechel A, et al. The promoter of human telomerase reverse transcriptase is activated during liver regeneration and hepatocyte proliferation. Gastroenterology. 2011;141:326-37, 337.e1-3 pubmed publisher..hTERT is induced in hepatocytes during liver regeneration, indicating a functional role for telomerase in human liver. ..
- Varjak M, Donald C, Mottram T, Sreenu V, Merits A, Maringer K, et al. Characterization of the Zika virus induced small RNA response in Aedes aegypti cells. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2017;11:e0006010 pubmed publisher..Our findings elucidate ZIKV-mosquito RNAi interactions that are important for understanding its spread...
- Egbert M, Ruetze M, Sattler M, Wenck H, Gallinat S, Lucius R, et al. The matricellular protein periostin contributes to proper collagen function and is downregulated during skin aging. J Dermatol Sci. 2014;73:40-8 pubmed publisher..Our data show that periostin plays an important role for proper collagen assembly and homeostasis. During skin aging periostin expression decreases and contributes to the phenotype of aged skin. ..
- Vereide D, Seto E, Chiu Y, Hayes M, Tagawa T, Grundhoff A, et al. Epstein-Barr virus maintains lymphomas via its miRNAs. Oncogene. 2014;33:1258-64 pubmed publisher..Two of these EBV miRNAs were found to target caspase 3 to inhibit apoptosis at physiological concentrations. ..
- Grabinski N, Bartkowiak K, Grupp K, Brandt B, Pantel K, Jücker M. Distinct functional roles of Akt isoforms for proliferation, survival, migration and EGF-mediated signalling in lung cancer derived disseminated tumor cells. Cell Signal. 2011;23:1952-60 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate that Akt1 and notably Akt3 regulate proliferation, survival, migration and EGF-mediated signal transduction in NSCLC-derived DTC. ..
- Benndorf R, Schwedhelm E, Gnann A, Taheri R, Kom G, Didié M, et al. Isoprostanes inhibit vascular endothelial growth factor-induced endothelial cell migration, tube formation, and cardiac vessel sprouting in vitro, as well as angiogenesis in vivo via activation of the thromboxane A(2) receptor: a potential link betwe. Circ Res. 2008;103:1037-46 pubmed publisher..By this mechanism, isoprostanes may contribute directly to exacerbation of coronary heart disease and to capillary rarefaction in disease states of increased oxidative stress. ..
- Hennigs J, Burhenne N, Stähler F, Winnig M, Walter B, Meyerhof W, et al. Sweet taste receptor interacting protein CIB1 is a general inhibitor of InsP3-dependent Ca2+ release in vivo. J Neurochem. 2008;106:2249-62 pubmed publisher..The function of CIB1 on InsP3-evoked Ca2+ release from the ER is most likely mediated by its interaction with the InsP3 receptor. Thus, CIB1 seems to be an inhibitor of InsP3-dependent Ca2+ release in vivo...
- Janiesch P, Kim J, Mouysset J, Barikbin R, Lochmuller H, Cassata G, et al. The ubiquitin-selective chaperone CDC-48/p97 links myosin assembly to human myopathy. Nat Cell Biol. 2007;9:379-90 pubmed