Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on repressor proteins in Berlin, Germany
Locale: Berlin, Germany
Topic: repressor proteins
- Weichert W, Roske A, Gekeler V, Beckers T, Stephan C, Jung K, et al. Histone deacetylases 1, 2 and 3 are highly expressed in prostate cancer and HDAC2 expression is associated with shorter PSA relapse time after radical prostatectomy. Br J Cancer. 2008;98:604-10 pubmed publisher..Also, the highly significant prognostic value of HDAC2 clearly deserves further study. ..
- Hinz S, Kempkensteffen C, Christoph F, Krause H, Schrader M, Schostak M, et al. Expression parameters of the polycomb group proteins BMI1, SUZ12, RING1 and CBX7 in urothelial carcinoma of the bladder and their prognostic relevance. Tumour Biol. 2008;29:323-9 pubmed publisher..Expression levels of CBX7 inversely correlate with the progression of tumor stage and grade in urothelial carcinomas of the bladder, suggesting that downregulation of CBX7 indicates aggressive urothelial carcinoma phenotype. ..
- Fritzsche F, Weichert W, Röske A, Gekeler V, Beckers T, Stephan C, et al. Class I histone deacetylases 1, 2 and 3 are highly expressed in renal cell cancer. BMC Cancer. 2008;8:381 pubmed publisher..Whether HDAC expression in renal cancers is predictive of responsiveness for HDI will have to be tested in further studies. ..
- Lenk U, Sommer T. Ubiquitin-mediated proteolysis of a short-lived regulatory protein depends on its cellular localization. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:39403-10 pubmed..These observations imply that both the cellular targeting of a substrate and the compartment-specific activity of components of the ubiquitin-proteasome system define the half-life of naturally short-lived proteins. ..
- Rosenbauer F, Waring J, Foerster J, Wietstruk M, Philipp D, Horak I. Interferon consensus sequence binding protein and interferon regulatory factor-4/Pip form a complex that represses the expression of the interferon-stimulated gene-15 in macrophages. Blood. 1999;94:4274-81 pubmed..Our results suggest that the formation of cell-type-specific heteromeric complexes between individual IRFs plays a crucial role in regulating IFN responses. ..
- Scheller M, Foerster J, Heyworth C, Waring J, Lohler J, Gilmore G, et al. Altered development and cytokine responses of myeloid progenitors in the absence of transcription factor, interferon consensus sequence binding protein. Blood. 1999;94:3764-71 pubmed..In summary, ICSBP(-/-) myeloid progenitor cells share several abnormal features with CML progenitors, suggesting that the distal parts of signaling pathways of these two disorders are overlapping. ..
- Spielmann M, Reichelt G, Hertzberg C, Trimborn M, Mundlos S, Horn D, et al. Homozygous deletion of chromosome 15q13.3 including CHRNA7 causes severe mental retardation, seizures, muscular hypotonia, and the loss of KLF13 and TRPM1 potentially cause macrocytosis and congenital retinal dysfunction in siblings. Eur J Med Genet. 2011;54:e441-5 pubmed publisher..According to knock-out experiments the deletion of KLF13 could be an explanation for macrocytosis. The homozygous loss of TRPM1 could be a possible explanation for congenital retinal dysfunction...
- Welzel F, Kaehler C, Isau M, Hallen L, Lehrach H, Krobitsch S. FOX-2 dependent splicing of ataxin-2 transcript is affected by ataxin-1 overexpression. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e37985 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results demonstrate that FOX-2 is involved in splicing of ataxin-2 transcripts and that this splicing event is altered by overexpression of ataxin-1. ..
- Northcott P, Lee C, Zichner T, Stütz A, Erkek S, Kawauchi D, et al. Enhancer hijacking activates GFI1 family oncogenes in medulloblastoma. Nature. 2014;511:428-34 pubmed publisher..Our results, supported by evidence from mouse models, identify GFI1 and GFI1B as prominent medulloblastoma oncogenes and implicate 'enhancer hijacking' as an efficient mechanism driving oncogene activation in a childhood cancer. ..
- Weiske J, Albring K, Huber O. The tumor suppressor Fhit acts as a repressor of beta-catenin transcriptional activity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:20344-9 pubmed..These observations assign to the tumor suppressor Fhit an unexpected role in the regulation of beta-catenin-mediated gene transcription. ..
- Braig M, Lee S, Loddenkemper C, Rudolph C, Peters A, Schlegelberger B, et al. Oncogene-induced senescence as an initial barrier in lymphoma development. Nature. 2005;436:660-5 pubmed..These results identify H3K9me-mediated senescence as a novel Suv39h1-dependent tumour suppressor mechanism whose inactivation permits the formation of aggressive but apoptosis-competent lymphomas in response to oncogenic Ras. ..
- Parenti I, Gervasini C, Pozojevic J, Graul Neumann L, Azzollini J, Braunholz D, et al. Broadening of cohesinopathies: exome sequencing identifies mutations in ANKRD11 in two patients with Cornelia de Lange-overlapping phenotype. Clin Genet. 2016;89:74-81 pubmed publisher..These findings point out the importance of screening ANKRD11 in young CdLS patients who were found to be negative for mutations in the five known CdLS genes. ..
- Cui H, Bansal V, Grunert M, Malecova B, Dall Agnese A, Latella L, et al. Muscle-relevant genes marked by stable H3K4me2/3 profiles and enriched MyoD binding during myogenic differentiation. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179464 pubmed publisher..These results point to the importance of integrating histone modifications and MyoD chromatin binding for coordinated gene activation and repression during myogenic differentiation. ..
- Garcia M, Tirado Gonzalez I, Handjiski B, Tometten M, Orsal A, Hajos S, et al. High expression of survivin and down-regulation of Stat-3 characterize the feto-maternal interface in failing murine pregnancies during the implantation period. Placenta. 2007;28:650-7 pubmed..The level of apoptosis was similar in the three groups studied. Our results suggest that high expression of survivin and low expression of p-Stat-3 are involved in pregnancy loss in mice. ..
- Gonzalez Gil G, Bringmann P, Kahmann R. FIS is a regulator of metabolism in Escherichia coli. Mol Microbiol. 1996;22:21-9 pubmed..We conclude that FIS is a transcriptional modulator involved in the regulation of metabolism in E. coli. ..
- Boeddrich A, Gaumer S, Haacke A, Tzvetkov N, Albrecht M, Evert B, et al. An arginine/lysine-rich motif is crucial for VCP/p97-mediated modulation of ataxin-3 fibrillogenesis. EMBO J. 2006;25:1547-58 pubmed..Together, these results define the VCP-Atx-3 association as a potential target for therapeutic intervention and suggest that it might influence the progression of spinocerebellar ataxia type 3. ..
- Sperling S, Grimm C, Dunkel I, Mebus S, Sperling H, Ebner A, et al. Identification and functional analysis of CITED2 mutations in patients with congenital heart defects. Hum Mutat. 2005;26:575-82 pubmed..In summary, the observation of these mutations in patients with septal defects indicates that CITED2 has a causative impact in the development of CHD in humans. ..
- DeÃ¡k V, Skroblin P, Dittmayer C, Knobeloch K, Bachmann S, Klussmann E. The A-kinase Anchoring Protein GSKIP Regulates GSK3Î² Activity and Controls Palatal Shelf Fusion in Mice. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:681-90 pubmed publisher..At embryonic day 18.5, GSK3Î² activity decreased to levels close to that of wild type. Our findings reveal a novel, crucial role for GSKIP in the coordination of GSK3Î² signaling in palatal shelf fusion. ..
- Kofler M, Motzny K, Freund C. GYF domain proteomics reveals interaction sites in known and novel target proteins. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2005;4:1797-811 pubmed..The binding epitope of the GYF domain from the yeast SMY2 protein was mapped by NMR spectroscopy and led to a structural model that accounts for the different binding properties of SMY2-type GYF domains and the CD2BP2-GYF domain. ..
- Tao J, Van Esch H, Hagedorn Greiwe M, Hoffmann K, Moser B, Raynaud M, et al. Mutations in the X-linked cyclin-dependent kinase-like 5 (CDKL5/STK9) gene are associated with severe neurodevelopmental retardation. Am J Hum Genet. 2004;75:1149-54 pubmed..In view of the overlapping phenotypic spectrum of CDKL5 and MECP2 mutations, it is tempting to speculate that these two genes play a role in a common pathogenic process. ..
- Naumann M, Bech Otschir D, Huang X, Ferrell K, Dubiel W. COP9 signalosome-directed c-Jun activation/stabilization is independent of JNK. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:35297-300 pubmed..The c-Jun activation caused by Sgn2 overexpression is independent of JNK and mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase 4. The data demonstrate the existence of a novel COP9 signalosome-directed c-Jun activation pathway. ..
- Lamprecht B, Walter K, Kreher S, Kumar R, Hummel M, Lenze D, et al. Derepression of an endogenous long terminal repeat activates the CSF1R proto-oncogene in human lymphoma. Nat Med. 2010;16:571-9, 1p following 579 pubmed publisher..We conclude that LTR derepression is involved in the pathogenesis of human lymphomas, a finding that might have diagnostic, prognostic and therapeutic implications. ..
- Zaragoza K, Begay V, Schuetz A, Heinemann U, Leutz A. Repression of transcriptional activity of C/EBPalpha by E2F-dimerization partner complexes. Mol Cell Biol. 2010;30:2293-304 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest a tripartite balance between C/EBPalpha, E2F/DP, and pocket proteins in the control of proliferation, differentiation, and tumorigenesis. ..
- Wissmann C, Wild P, Kaiser S, Roepcke S, Stoehr R, Woenckhaus M, et al. WIF1, a component of the Wnt pathway, is down-regulated in prostate, breast, lung, and bladder cancer. J Pathol. 2003;201:204-12 pubmed..However, down-regulation of WIF1 correlated with higher tumour stage in urinary bladder tumours (pTa versus pT1-pT4; p = 0.038). ..
- Hacker C, Kirsch R, Ju X, Hieronymus T, Gust T, Kuhl C, et al. Transcriptional profiling identifies Id2 function in dendritic cell development. Nat Immunol. 2003;4:380-6 pubmed..We also show that Id2 represses B cell genes in DCs. These findings reveal a TGF-beta-Id2 signaling pathway in DCs and suggest a mechanism by which Id2 affects the lineage choice of B cell and DC progenitors. ..
- Ahlbory Dieker D, Stride B, Leder G, Schkoldow J, Trölenberg S, Seidel H, et al. DNA binding by estrogen receptor-alpha is essential for the transcriptional response to estrogen in the liver and the uterus. Mol Endocrinol. 2009;23:1544-55 pubmed publisher..The analyses indicate that both gene activation and repression by estrogen-bound ERalpha rely on an intact DBD in vivo. ..
- Girzalsky W, Rehling P, Stein K, Kipper J, Blank L, Kunau W, et al. Involvement of Pex13p in Pex14p localization and peroxisomal targeting signal 2-dependent protein import into peroxisomes. J Cell Biol. 1999;144:1151-62 pubmed..We also found Pex13p to be required for peroxisomal association of Pex14p, yet the SH3 domain of Pex13p may not provide the only binding site for Pex14p at the peroxisomal membrane...
- Hammes A, Guo J, Lutsch G, Leheste J, Landrock D, Ziegler U, et al. Two splice variants of the Wilms' tumor 1 gene have distinct functions during sex determination and nephron formation. Cell. 2001;106:319-29 pubmed..Our data demonstrate distinct functions for the two splice variants and place the +KTS variants as important regulators for Sry in the sex determination pathway. ..
- Murayama K, Orth P, de la Hoz A, Alonso J, Saenger W. Crystal structure of omega transcriptional repressor encoded by Streptococcus pyogenes plasmid pSM19035 at 1.5 A resolution. J Mol Biol. 2001;314:789-96 pubmed
- Welcker J, Hernández Miranda L, Paul F, Jia S, Ivanov A, Selbach M, et al. Insm1 controls development of pituitary endocrine cells and requires a SNAG domain for function and for recruitment of histone-modifying factors. Development. 2013;140:4947-58 pubmed publisher..Our work demonstrates that Insm1 acts in the epigenetic and transcriptional network that controls differentiation of endocrine cells in the anterior pituitary gland, and that it requires the SNAG domain to exert this function in vivo. ..
- Strater N, Sherratt D, Colloms S. X-ray structure of aminopeptidase A from Escherichia coli and a model for the nucleoprotein complex in Xer site-specific recombination. EMBO J. 1999;18:4513-22 pubmed
- Hallen L, Klein H, Stoschek C, Wehrmeyer S, Nonhoff U, Ralser M, et al. The KRAB-containing zinc-finger transcriptional regulator ZBRK1 activates SCA2 gene transcription through direct interaction with its gene product, ataxin-2. Hum Mol Genet. 2011;20:104-14 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results provide first evidence that ataxin-2 acts as a co-regulator of ZBRK1 activating its own transcription, thereby representing the first identified ZBRK1 co-activator...
- Harnack U, Eckert K, Fichtner I, Pecher G. Oral administration of a soluble 1-3, 1-6 beta-glucan during prophylactic survivin peptide vaccination diminishes growth of a B cell lymphoma in mice. Int Immunopharmacol. 2009;9:1298-303 pubmed publisher..Our data reveal a beneficial effect of beta-(1-3), (1-6)-D-glucan in tumor growth inhibition by tumor-specific peptide vaccination which may rely on a function of the polymeric sugar as immunological adjuvant...
- Metzner M, Germer J, Hengge R. Multiple stress signal integration in the regulation of the complex sigma S-dependent csiD-ygaF-gabDTP operon in Escherichia coli. Mol Microbiol. 2004;51:799-811 pubmed
- Haesler S, Wada K, Nshdejan A, Morrisey E, Lints T, Jarvis E, et al. FoxP2 expression in avian vocal learners and non-learners. J Neurosci. 2004;24:3164-75 pubmed..We conclude that differential expression of FoxP2 in avian vocal learners might be associated with vocal plasticity. ..
- Görisch S, Sporbert A, Stear J, Grunewald I, Nowak D, Warbrick E, et al. Uncoupling the replication machinery: replication fork progression in the absence of processive DNA synthesis. Cell Cycle. 2008;7:1983-90 pubmed..We, therefore, propose that the replication machinery is made up of distinct functional sub-modules that allow a flexible and dynamic response to challenges during DNA replication. ..
- Jandrig B, Seitz S, Hinzmann B, Arnold W, Micheel B, Koelble K, et al. ST18 is a breast cancer tumor suppressor gene at human chromosome 8q11.2. Oncogene. 2004;23:9295-302 pubmed..We further show that ectopic ST18 expression in MCF-7 breast cancer cells strongly inhibits colony formation in soft agar and the formation of tumors in a xenograft mouse model. ..
- Horn D, Chyrek M, Kleier S, Lüttgen S, Bolz H, Hinkel G, et al. Novel mutations in BCOR in three patients with oculo-facio-cardio-dental syndrome, but none in Lenz microphthalmia syndrome. Eur J Hum Genet. 2005;13:563-9 pubmed
- Koziel L, Wuelling M, Schneider S, Vortkamp A. Gli3 acts as a repressor downstream of Ihh in regulating two distinct steps of chondrocyte differentiation. Development. 2005;132:5249-60 pubmed..Furthermore, by regulating distal chondrocyte differentiation, Gli3 seems to position the domain of PTHrP expression. ..
- Horn D, Kapeller J, Rivera Brugués N, Moog U, Lorenz Depiereux B, Eck S, et al. Identification of FOXP1 deletions in three unrelated patients with mental retardation and significant speech and language deficits. Hum Mutat. 2010;31:E1851-60 pubmed publisher..Both FOXP1 and FOXP2 are expressed in songbird and human brain regions that are important for the developmental processes that culminate in speech and language. ..
- Behrens J, Jerchow B, Würtele M, Grimm J, Asbrand C, Wirtz R, et al. Functional interaction of an axin homolog, conductin, with beta-catenin, APC, and GSK3beta. Science. 1998;280:596-9 pubmed..Thus, conductin is a component of the multiprotein complex that directs beta-catenin to degradation and is located downstream of APC. In Xenopus embryos, conductin interfered with wnt-induced axis formation. ..
- Sievers C, Billig G, Gottschalk K, Rudel T. Prohibitins are required for cancer cell proliferation and adhesion. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e12735 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these observations suggest prohibitins play a crucial role in adhesion processes in the cell and thereby sustaining cancer cell propagation and survival. ..
- Reimann M, Lee S, Loddenkemper C, Dörr J, Tabor V, Aichele P, et al. Tumor stroma-derived TGF-beta limits myc-driven lymphomagenesis via Suv39h1-dependent senescence. Cancer Cell. 2010;17:262-72 pubmed publisher..These findings, recapitulated in human aggressive B cell lymphomas, demonstrate that tumor-prompted stroma-derived signals may limit tumorigenesis by feedback senescence induction. ..
- Foerster J, Nolte I, Schweiger S, Ehlert C, Bruinenberg M, Spaar K, et al. Evaluation of the IRF-2 gene as a candidate for PSORS3. J Invest Dermatol. 2004;122:61-4 pubmed..There was a suggestive increase of homozygosity for the splicing-deficient allele in type 1 psoriasis patients. Our data identify IRF2 as a potential susceptibility gene for psoriasis. ..
- Weihofen W, Cicek A, Pratto F, Alonso J, Saenger W. Structures of omega repressors bound to direct and inverted DNA repeats explain modulation of transcription. Nucleic Acids Res. 2006;34:1450-8 pubmed publisher..6 A longer in (<---->). These variations grade interactions between adjacent omega2 and explain modulations in cooperative binding affinity of omega2 to operators with different heptad orientations...