Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on plant gene expression regulation in Berlin, Germany
Locale: Berlin, Germany
Topic: plant gene expression regulation
- Chincinska I, Liesche J, Krügel U, Michalska J, Geigenberger P, Grimm B, et al. Sucrose transporter StSUT4 from potato affects flowering, tuberization, and shade avoidance response. Plant Physiol. 2008;146:515-28 pubmed
- Mustroph A, Sonnewald U, Biemelt S. Characterisation of the ATP-dependent phosphofructokinase gene family from Arabidopsis thaliana. FEBS Lett. 2007;581:2401-10 pubmed..RT-PCR revealed different tissue-specific expression of the individual forms. Furthermore, analysis of GFP fusion proteins indicated their presence in different sub-cellular compartments. ..
- Krupková E, Immerzeel P, Pauly M, Schmülling T. The TUMOROUS SHOOT DEVELOPMENT2 gene of Arabidopsis encoding a putative methyltransferase is required for cell adhesion and co-ordinated plant development. Plant J. 2007;50:735-50 pubmed..The findings support a function of TSD2 as a methyltransferase, with an essential role in cell adhesion and coordinated plant development. ..
- Lermontova I, Grimm B. Reduced activity of plastid protoporphyrinogen oxidase causes attenuated photodynamic damage during high-light compared to low-light exposure. Plant J. 2006;48:499-510 pubmed..These reducing conditions stabilize protoporphyrinogen in plastids and allow their redirection into the metabolic pathway. ..
- Weber H, Bernhardt A, Dieterle M, Hano P, Mutlu A, Estelle M, et al. Arabidopsis AtCUL3a and AtCUL3b form complexes with members of the BTB/POZ-MATH protein family. Plant Physiol. 2005;137:83-93 pubmed..The results presented here provide strong evidence that AtCUL3a and AtCUL3b can assemble in Arabidopsis with BTB/POZ-MATH and AtRBX1 proteins to form functional E3 ligases. ..
- Werner T, Motyka V, Laucou V, Smets R, Van Onckelen H, Schmülling T. Cytokinin-deficient transgenic Arabidopsis plants show multiple developmental alterations indicating opposite functions of cytokinins in the regulation of shoot and root meristem activity. Plant Cell. 2003;15:2532-50 pubmed
- Uwer U, Willmitzer L, Altmann T. Inactivation of a glycyl-tRNA synthetase leads to an arrest in plant embryo development. Plant Cell. 1998;10:1277-94 pubmed..Thus, the gene identified by the embryo-defective insertion mutation encodes a GlyRS homolog, probably acting within the plastidic compartment. ..
- Essigmann B, Guler S, Narang R, Linke D, Benning C. Phosphate availability affects the thylakoid lipid composition and the expression of SQD1, a gene required for sulfolipid biosynthesis in Arabidopsis thaliana. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:1950-5 pubmed..thaliana. It is suggested that a certain amount of anionic thylakoid lipid is maintained by substituting sulfolipid for phosphatidylglycerol under reduced phosphate availability. ..
- Rentsch D, Hirner B, Schmelzer E, Frommer W. Salt stress-induced proline transporters and salt stress-repressed broad specificity amino acid permeases identified by suppression of a yeast amino acid permease-targeting mutant. Plant Cell. 1996;8:1437-46 pubmed..These results corroborate the general finding that under water stress, amino acid export is impaired whereas proline export is increased. ..
- Bernhardt A, Lechner E, Hano P, Schade V, Dieterle M, Anders M, et al. CUL4 associates with DDB1 and DET1 and its downregulation affects diverse aspects of development in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant J. 2006;47:591-603 pubmed..These results therefore assign an important function to CUL4 during plant development and provide strong evidence that CUL4 assembles together with RBX1 and DDB1 proteins to form a functional E3 ligase in Arabidopsis. ..