Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on peptide hydrolases in Berlin, Germany
Locale: Berlin, Germany
Topic: peptide hydrolases
- Naumann M, Bech Otschir D, Huang X, Ferrell K, Dubiel W. COP9 signalosome-directed c-Jun activation/stabilization is independent of JNK. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:35297-300 pubmed..The c-Jun activation caused by Sgn2 overexpression is independent of JNK and mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase 4. The data demonstrate the existence of a novel COP9 signalosome-directed c-Jun activation pathway. ..
- Dechend R, Hirano F, Lehmann K, Heissmeyer V, Ansieau S, Wulczyn F, et al. The Bcl-3 oncoprotein acts as a bridging factor between NF-kappaB/Rel and nuclear co-regulators. Oncogene. 1999;18:3316-23 pubmed..These data implicate Bcl-3 as an adaptor between NF-kappaB p50/p52 and other transcription regulators and suggest that its gene activation function may at least in part be due to recruitment of the Tip60 histone actetylase. ..
- Seeger M, Kraft R, Ferrell K, Bech Otschir D, Dumdey R, Schade R, et al. A novel protein complex involved in signal transduction possessing similarities to 26S proteasome subunits. FASEB J. 1998;12:469-78 pubmed..Considering the putative role of the complex in signal transduction and its widespread occurrence, we suggest the name JAB1-containing signalosome. ..
- Dubiel W, Ferrell K, Dumdey R, Standera S, Prehn S, Rechsteiner M. Molecular cloning and expression of subunit 12: a non-MCP and non-ATPase subunit of the 26 S protease. FEBS Lett. 1995;363:97-100 pubmed..In contrast, after transfer from native gels, the epitope(s) recognized by anti-S12f205 is exposed in the regulatory complex but appears to be masked when the regulatory complex associates with the multicatalytic protease. ..
- Kukhtina V, Kottwitz D, Strauss H, Heise B, Chebotareva N, Tsetlin V, et al. Intracellular domain of nicotinic acetylcholine receptor: the importance of being unfolded. J Neurochem. 2006;97 Suppl 1:63-7 pubmed..Identification of proteins that interact with the intracellular domain will provide a better understanding of protein-protein interactions involved in nAChR assembly, trafficking and clustering...
- Artuc M, Bohm M, Grützkau A, Smorodchenko A, Zuberbier T, Luger T, et al. Human mast cells in the neurohormonal network: expression of POMC, detection of precursor proteases, and evidence for IgE-dependent secretion of alpha-MSH. J Invest Dermatol. 2006;126:1976-81 pubmed..Moreover, IgE-dependent release of alpha-MSH suggests an immunomodulatory role of this neurohormone during inflammatory and allergic reactions of the skin. ..
- Hetfeld B, Peth A, Sun X, Henklein P, Cohen G, Dubiel W. The COP9 signalosome-mediated deneddylation is stimulated by caspases during apoptosis. Apoptosis. 2008;13:187-95 pubmed..The cleavage of Rbx1 and increased deneddylation of cullins inactivate CRLs and presumably stabilize pro-apoptotic factors for final apoptotic steps. ..
- Lang C, Bottner M, Holz C, Veen M, Ryser M, Reindl A, et al. Specific Lactobacillus/Mutans Streptococcus co-aggregation. J Dent Res. 2010;89:175-9 pubmed publisher..It is thus seen to present a potential strategy for in vivo alteration of plaque biofilm and caries. ..
- Urban S, Textoris Taube K, Reimann B, Janek K, Dannenberg T, Ebstein F, et al. The efficiency of human cytomegalovirus pp65(495-503) CD8+ T cell epitope generation is determined by the balanced activities of cytosolic and endoplasmic reticulum-resident peptidases. J Immunol. 2012;189:529-38 pubmed publisher..As a consequence, our experiments reveal that the combination of cytosolic and ER-resident peptidase activities strongly shape the pool of specific antigenic peptides and thus modulate MHC class I epitope presentation efficiency. ..
- Schlosser A, Vanselow J, Kramer A. Mapping of phosphorylation sites by a multi-protease approach with specific phosphopeptide enrichment and NanoLC-MS/MS analysis. Anal Chem. 2005;77:5243-50 pubmed
- Hetfeld B, Helfrich A, Kapelari B, Scheel H, Hofmann K, Guterman A, et al. The zinc finger of the CSN-associated deubiquitinating enzyme USP15 is essential to rescue the E3 ligase Rbx1. Curr Biol. 2005;15:1217-21 pubmed..In summary, a functional Zn finger of USP15 is needed to maintain a conformation essential for disassembling poly-Ub chains, a prerequisite for rescuing the E3 ligase Rbx1. ..
- Eitinger T. In vivo production of active nickel superoxide dismutase from Prochlorococcus marinus MIT9313 is dependent on its cognate peptidase. J Bacteriol. 2004;186:7821-5 pubmed..NiSOD activity was observed in Escherichia coli when sodN and sodX (encoding a putative peptidase) from Prochlorococcus marinus MIT9313 were coexpressed...
- Jarosch E, Taxis C, Volkwein C, Bordallo J, Finley D, Wolf D, et al. Protein dislocation from the ER requires polyubiquitination and the AAA-ATPase Cdc48. Nat Cell Biol. 2002;4:134-9 pubmed..Moreover, our results suggest that the AAA proteins of the 26S proteasome are not directly involved in substrate export. Instead, a related AAA complex Cdc48, is required for ER-associated protein degradation upstream of the proteasome. ..
- Dubiel W, Ferrell K, Rechsteiner M. Tat-binding protein 7 is a subunit of the 26S protease. Biol Chem Hoppe Seyler. 1994;375:237-40 pubmed..Based on peptide matches covering more than 10% of the TBP7 sequence, and the fact that the migration of S6 on SDS-PAGE is consistent with the estimated molecular mass for TBP7, we conclude that subunit 6 of the 26S protease is TBP7. ..
- Lenk U, Yu H, Walter J, Gelman M, Hartmann E, Kopito R, et al. A role for mammalian Ubc6 homologues in ER-associated protein degradation. J Cell Sci. 2002;115:3007-14 pubmed..Similarly, we describe that the expression level of Ubc6p in yeast is also critical for ERAD, suggesting that the Ubc6p function is highly conserved from yeast to mammals. ..