Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on neoplasms in Berlin, Germany
Locale: Berlin, Germany
Publications127 found, 100 shown here
- Klopfleisch R. Personalised medicine in veterinary oncology: one to cure just one. Vet J. 2015;205:128-35 pubmed publisher..These data may be the start point for personalised approaches in veterinary oncology leading to better efficacy and safety of therapeutic protocols. ..
- Puhlmann J, Puehler F, Mumberg D, Boukamp P, Beier R. Rac1 is required for oncolytic NDV replication in human cancer cells and establishes a link between tumorigenesis and sensitivity to oncolytic virus. Oncogene. 2010;29:2205-16 pubmed publisher..This study establishes Rac1 as a link between tumorigenesis and oncolytic virus sensitivity in the HaCaT multistage skin carcinogenesis model. ..
- Wegwarth O, Schwartz L, Woloshin S, Gaissmaier W, Gigerenzer G. Do physicians understand cancer screening statistics? A national survey of primary care physicians in the United States. Ann Intern Med. 2012;156:340-9 pubmed publisher..Few correctly recognized that only reduced mortality in a randomized trial constitutes evidence of the benefit of screening. Harding Center for Risk Literacy, Max Planck Institute for Human Development. ..
- Klotz M, Schmid E, Steiner Hahn K, Rose T, Laube J, Roese L, et al. Preclinical evaluation of biomarkers for response monitoring to the MET inhibitor BAY-853474. Biomarkers. 2012;17:325-35 pubmed publisher..IHC-based analysis of target phosphorylation in tumor biopsies is recommended in addition to testing plasma biomarkers for response monitoring. ..
- Berardi R, Rinaldi S, Caramanti M, Grohe C, Santoni M, Morgese F, et al. Hyponatremia in cancer patients: Time for a new approach. Crit Rev Oncol Hematol. 2016;102:15-25 pubmed publisher..In this review we summarize the main causes of hyponatremia in cancer patients and its management, including the available treatment options. ..
- Hess Stumpp H, Haberey M, Thierauch K. PTK 787/ZK 222584, a tyrosine kinase inhibitor of all known VEGF receptors, represses tumor growth with high efficacy. Chembiochem. 2005;6:550-7 pubmed..Preliminary response, time to progression, and overall survival data were promising.1 Based on these encouraging results, PTK/ZK is currently in Phase III clinical trials for metastatic colorectal cancer. ..
- Fischer C, Mazzone M, Jonckx B, Carmeliet P. FLT1 and its ligands VEGFB and PlGF: drug targets for anti-angiogenic therapy?. Nat Rev Cancer. 2008;8:942-56 pubmed publisher..Hopefully, other agents with complementary mechanisms, such as those that target placental growth factor, will offer novel opportunities for improved treatment. ..
- Wienecke A, Barnes B, Lampert T, Kraywinkel K. Changes in cancer incidence attributable to tobacco smoking in Germany, 1999-2008. Int J Cancer. 2014;134:682-91 pubmed publisher..Considering the increasing trends in cancer incidence and, until very recently, rising prevalence of smoking among women, it can be expected that the number of tobacco-attributable cancer cases will rise further. ..
- Waldner M, Strangfeld A, Aringer M. [Influence of therapy on risk of cancer in rheumatoid arthritis. Pathophysiological principles]. Z Rheumatol. 2016;75:13-21 pubmed publisher..This review presents the current knowledge on the effects of the immune system on the occurrence of cancer and tries, where possible, to relate it to specific treatment options. ..
- Bahleda R, Grilley Olson J, Govindan R, Barlesi F, Greillier L, Perol M, et al. Phase I dose-escalation studies of roniciclib, a pan-cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor, in advanced malignancies. Br J Cancer. 2017;116:1505-1512 pubmed publisher..4% for patients with SCLC (n=33), and 33.3% for patients with CDK-related tumour mutations (n=6). Roniciclib demonstrated an acceptable safety profile and moderate DCR in 3 days on/4 days off schedule. ..
- Raderschall E, Stout K, Freier S, Suckow V, Schweiger S, Haaf T. Elevated levels of Rad51 recombination protein in tumor cells. Cancer Res. 2002;62:219-25 pubmed..Because Northern blot analysis demonstrated highly elevated Rad51 mRNA levels, we conclude that the increases in Rad51 protein and nuclear foci formation in tumor cells are the result of transcriptional up-regulation. ..
- Gunther T. Concentration, compartmentation and metabolic function of intracellular free Mg2+. Magnes Res. 2006;19:225-36 pubmed..Intracellular Mg2+ may have a permissive role supporting the effector-induced mechanisms that are mediated by Ca2+ as a second messenger. ..
- Sehouli J, Loddenkemper C, Cornu T, Schwachula T, Hoffmuller U, Grützkau A, et al. Epigenetic quantification of tumor-infiltrating T-lymphocytes. Epigenetics. 2011;6:236-46 pubmed..This composition is disturbed in solid tumors, indicating a fundamental mechanism of tumor immune evasion. Epigenetic quantification of T-lymphocytes serves as independent clinical parameter for outcome prognosis. ..
- Penack O, Buchheidt D, Christopeit M, von Lilienfeld Toal M, Massenkeil G, Hentrich M, et al. Management of sepsis in neutropenic patients: guidelines from the infectious diseases working party of the German Society of Hematology and Oncology. Ann Oncol. 2011;22:1019-29 pubmed publisher..The guidelines are written for clinicians involved in care of cancer patients and focus on pathophysiology, diagnosis and treatment of sepsis during neutropenia. ..
- Mund C, Lyko F. Epigenetic cancer therapy: Proof of concept and remaining challenges. Bioessays. 2010;32:949-57 pubmed publisher..Future research should be directed toward targeted enzyme inhibition and toward exploring interactions between epigenetic pathways to maximize cancer specificity. ..
- Nagorsen D, Thiel E. HLA typing demands for peptide-based anti-cancer vaccine. Cancer Immunol Immunother. 2008;57:1903-10 pubmed publisher..Further suggestions for immunogenetic laboratories and clinical tumor immunologists regarding HLA-typing for cancer vaccine trials and adoptive T cell transfer approaches are discussed. ..
- Bhonde M, Hanski M, Stehr J, Jebautzke B, Peiró Jordán R, Fechner H, et al. Mismatch repair system decreases cell survival by stabilizing the tetraploid G1 arrest in response to SN-38. Int J Cancer. 2010;126:2813-25 pubmed publisher..These data show that the stabilization of the tetraploid G1 arrest in response to double strand breaks is a novel function of the MMR system that contributes to the lesser survival of MMR(+) cells. ..
- Blankenstein T, Qin Z. The role of IFN-gamma in tumor transplantation immunity and inhibition of chemical carcinogenesis. Curr Opin Immunol. 2003;15:148-54 pubmed..This mechanism may primarily protect tissue from damage and simultaneously inhibit tumor development. ..
- Schad F, Axtner J, Happe A, Breitkreuz T, Paxino C, Gutsch J, et al. Network Oncology (NO)--a clinical cancer register for health services research and the evaluation of integrative therapeutic interventions in anthroposophic medicine. Forsch Komplementmed. 2013;20:353-60 pubmed publisher..The NO provides an infrastructure to evaluate integrative interventions in AM, allows comparison to other clinical registers, and thus can contribute to health service research in this field. ..
- Müller G, Höpken U, Stein H, Lipp M. Systemic immunoregulatory and pathogenic functions of homeostatic chemokine receptors. J Leukoc Biol. 2002;72:1-8 pubmed
- Winter L, Oberacker E, Paul K, Ji Y, Oezerdem C, Ghadjar P, et al. Magnetic resonance thermometry: Methodology, pitfalls and practical solutions. Int J Hyperthermia. 2016;32:63-75 pubmed publisher..Established approaches and current trends in thermal therapy hardware are surveyed with respect to potential benefits for MR thermometry. ..
- Gurachevsky A, Muravskaya E, Gurachevskaya T, Smirnova L, Muravsky V. Cancer-associated alteration in fatty acid binding to albumin studied by spin-label electron spin resonance. Cancer Invest. 2007;25:378-83 pubmed..The ESR spectra showed significant differences between the investigated groups. These differences were most apparent in the intensities and widths of the spectral lines corresponding to the different types of albumin binding sites. ..
- Schoenfeld H, von Heymann C, Lau A, Krocker D, Neuner B, Schink T, et al. The effect of stress-reducing, low-dose ethanol infusion on frequency of bleeding complications in long-term alcoholic patients undergoing major surgery. Am Surg. 2007;73:192-8 pubmed..In contrast, ethanol infusion in patients with tumor resections in the gastrointestinal tract could increase the risk for bleeding complications. ..
- Seelinger G, Merfort I, Wölfle U, Schempp C. Anti-carcinogenic effects of the flavonoid luteolin. Molecules. 2008;13:2628-51 pubmed..p., intragastric application of 0.1-0.3 mg/kg/d, or as food additive in concentrations of 50 to 200 ppm. Luteolin has been shown to penetrate into human skin, making it also a candidate for the prevention and treatment of skin cancer. ..
- Schwartz S, Borner K, Müller K, Martus P, Fischer L, Korfel A, et al. Glucarpidase (carboxypeptidase g2) intervention in adult and elderly cancer patients with renal dysfunction and delayed methotrexate elimination after high-dose methotrexate therapy. Oncologist. 2007;12:1299-308 pubmed..However, overall results are still unsatisfactory in adult and elderly patients, suggesting that earlier recognition of delayed MTX elimination and more rapid intervention are needed. ..
- Ott I, Gust R. Non platinum metal complexes as anti-cancer drugs. Arch Pharm (Weinheim). 2007;340:117-26 pubmed..This review covers some relevant examples of preclinical and clinical research on novel non platinum metal complexes. ..
- Huber O, Weiske J. Beta-catenin takes a HIT. Cell Cycle. 2008;7:1326-31 pubmed..Here, we summarize these findings with special emphasis on the histidine triad proteins Hint1 and Fhit and their repressive activity on the beta-catenin signaling function. ..
- Walther W, Petkov S, Kuvardina O, Aumann J, Kobelt D, Fichtner I, et al. Novel Clostridium perfringens enterotoxin suicide gene therapy for selective treatment of claudin-3- and -4-overexpressing tumors. Gene Ther. 2012;19:494-503 pubmed publisher..This novel approach demonstrates that CPE gene transfer can be employed for a targeted suicide gene therapy of claudin-3- and -4-overexpressing tumors, leading to the rapid and efficient tumor cell killing in vitro and in vivo. ..
- Thieme S, Groth P. Genome Fusion Detection: a novel method to detect fusion genes from SNP-array data. Bioinformatics. 2013;29:671-7 pubmed publisher..We tested a set of cell lines positive for the BCR-ABL1 fusion and prostate cancers positive for the TMPRSS2-ERG fusion. We could detect the fusions in all positive cell lines, but not in the negative controls. ..
- von Eichborn J, Woelke A, Castiglione F, Preissner R. VaccImm: simulating peptide vaccination in cancer therapy. BMC Bioinformatics. 2013;14:127 pubmed publisher..Using the server, we could gain interesting insights into peptide vaccination that reveal the complex and patient-specific nature of peptide vaccination. ..
- Liu N, Rowley B, Bull C, Schneider C, Haegebarth A, Schatz C, et al. BAY 80-6946 is a highly selective intravenous PI3K inhibitor with potent p110? and p110? activities in tumor cell lines and xenograft models. Mol Cancer Ther. 2013;12:2319-30 pubmed publisher..Thus, BAY 80-6946 is a promising agent with differential pharmacologic and pharmacokinetic properties for the treatment of PI3K-dependent human tumors. ..
- Bastien E, Schneider R, Hackbarth S, Dumas D, Jasniewski J, RÃ¶der B, et al. PAMAM G4.5-chlorin e6 dendrimeric nanoparticles for enhanced photodynamic effects. Photochem Photobiol Sci. 2015;14:2203-12 pubmed publisher..As a conclusion, we have demonstrated that PEGylated G4.5 PAMAM-Ce6 dendrimers may offer effective biocompatible nanoparticles for improved photodynamic treatment in a preclinical tumor model. ..
- Hisada Y, Alexander W, Kasthuri R, Voorhees P, Mobarrez F, TAYLOR A, et al. Measurement of microparticle tissue factor activity in clinical samples: A summary of two tissue factor-dependent FXa generation assays. Thromb Res. 2016;139:90-7 pubmed publisher..These studies indicate that MP-TF activity may be a useful biomarker to identify patients with particular diseases that have an increased risk of thrombosis. ..
- Berndorff D, Borkowski S, Sieger S, Rother A, Friebe M, Viti F, et al. Radioimmunotherapy of solid tumors by targeting extra domain B fibronectin: identification of the best-suited radioimmunoconjugate. Clin Cancer Res. 2005;11:7053s-7063s pubmed..These results indicate that ED-B fibronectin-targeted radioimmunotherapy using I-131-L19-SIP has potential to be applied to treatment of solid cancers. ..
- Danker K, Reutter W, Semini G. Glycosidated phospholipids: uncoupling of signalling pathways at the plasma membrane. Br J Pharmacol. 2010;160:36-47 pubmed publisher..We intend to highlight the potential of glycosidated phospholipids, especially Ino-C2-PAF, as a promising new group of drugs for the treatment of hyperproliferative and migration-based skin diseases. ..
- Rugo H, Hortobagyi G, Yao J, Pavel M, Ravaud A, Franz D, et al. Meta-analysis of stomatitis in clinical studies of everolimus: incidence and relationship with efficacy. Ann Oncol. 2016;27:519-25 pubmed publisher..22)] and RADIANT-2 [HR, 0.87 (95% CI, 0.61-1.22)] but not in BOLERO-3 [HR, 1.01 (95% CI, 0.75-1.36)]. Stomatitis did not adversely affect PFS, supporting the administration of everolimus in accordance with standard management guidelines. ..
- Bluemlein K, Grüning N, Feichtinger R, Lehrach H, Kofler B, Ralser M. No evidence for a shift in pyruvate kinase PKM1 to PKM2 expression during tumorigenesis. Oncotarget. 2011;2:393-400 pubmed
- Hauptmann S. A thermodynamic interpretation of malignancy: do the genes come later?. Med Hypotheses. 2002;58:144-7 pubmed..Cancer could be seen as a reaction of a cell to entrap energy which reduces entropy, or, in other words, cancer may best be regarded as entropic devolution. ..
- Koglin N, Mueller A, Berndt M, Schmitt Willich H, Toschi L, Stephens A, et al. Specific PET imaging of xC- transporter activity using a ¹?F-labeled glutamate derivative reveals a dominant pathway in tumor metabolism. Clin Cancer Res. 2011;17:6000-11 pubmed publisher..Both preclinical and clinical studies are in progress for further characterization. ..
- Horbelt D, Denkis A, Knaus P. A portrait of Transforming Growth Factor ? superfamily signalling: Background matters. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2012;44:469-74 pubmed publisher..Strategies to target Transforming Growth Factor ? or Bone Morphogenetic Protein pathways have been developed on the basis of our current understanding and have proven a highly beneficial potential. ..
- Molina M, Wedepohl S, CalderÃ³n M. Polymeric near-infrared absorbing dendritic nanogels for efficient in vivo photothermal cancer therapy. Nanoscale. 2016;8:5852-6 pubmed publisher..This polymeric nanocomposite generates heat after being irradiated by NIR light, thereby inducing a local hyperthermia that is used for photothermal cancer therapy in vitro and in vivo. ..
- Trefzer U, Herberth G, Wohlan K, Milling A, Thiemann M, Sherev T, et al. Vaccination with hybrids of tumor and dendritic cells induces tumor-specific T-cell and clinical responses in melanoma stage III and IV patients. Int J Cancer. 2004;110:730-40 pubmed..Failures of clinical responses in all the cases investigated correlated with loss of antigen expression and presentation. Hybrid cell vaccination thus proves effective in inducing tumor-specific T-cell responses in cancer patients. ..
- Nagorsen D, Scheibenbogen C, Thiel E, Keilholz U. Immunological monitoring of cancer vaccine therapy. Expert Opin Biol Ther. 2004;4:1677-84 pubmed
- Gellermann J, Wlodarczyk W, Feussner A, Fähling H, Nadobny J, Hildebrandt B, et al. Methods and potentials of magnetic resonance imaging for monitoring radiofrequency hyperthermia in a hybrid system. Int J Hyperthermia. 2005;21:497-513 pubmed..Under optimal conditions the temperature accuracy might be in the range of 0.5 degrees C. However a variety of developments, especially sequences and post-processing modules, are still required for the clinical routine. ..
- Ludemann L, Wlodarczyk W, Nadobny J, Weihrauch M, Gellermann J, Wust P. Non-invasive magnetic resonance thermography during regional hyperthermia. Int J Hyperthermia. 2010;26:273-82 pubmed publisher..TmDOTMA(-) appears to be the most promising lanthanide complex because it showed a temperature imaging accuracy of <0.3 degrees C. ..
- Cihoric N, Tsikkinis A, Miguelez C, Strnad V, Soldatovic I, Ghadjar P, et al. Portfolio of prospective clinical trials including brachytherapy: an analysis of the ClinicalTrials.gov database. Radiat Oncol. 2016;11:48 pubmed publisher..Current investigational activities that include BT mainly focus on prostate and breast cancers. Important questions concerning the optimal usage of BT will not be answered in the near future. ..
- Reich G, Cornely O, Sandherr M, Kubin T, Krause S, Einsele H, et al. Empirical antimicrobial monotherapy in patients after high-dose chemotherapy and autologous stem cell transplantation: a randomised, multicentre trial. Br J Haematol. 2005;130:265-70 pubmed..One patient (0.4%) died from infection. Empirical first-line therapy with MPM as well as with P/T is safe and effective in febrile episodes emerging after ASCT. Higher response rates to primary treatment can be achieved with MPM. ..
- Hackbarth M, Haas N, Fotopoulou C, Lichtenegger W, Sehouli J. Chemotherapy-induced dermatological toxicity: frequencies and impact on quality of life in women's cancers. Results of a prospective study. Support Care Cancer. 2008;16:267-73 pubmed..Counseling of patients with women's cancers and the profile of side effects of chemotherapeutic agents should be considered before considering an adjuvant or palliative chemotherapy regimen. ..
- De Souto M, Costa I, de Araujo D, Ludermir T, Schliep A. Clustering cancer gene expression data: a comparative study. BMC Bioinformatics. 2008;9:497 pubmed publisher..The data sets analyzed in this study are available at http://algorithmics.molgen.mpg.de/Supplements/CompCancer/. ..
- Sucker C, Michiels J, Zotz R. Causes, etiology and diagnosis of acquired von Willebrand disease: a prospective diagnostic workup to establish the most effective therapeutic strategies. Acta Haematol. 2009;121:177-82 pubmed publisher..Since the optimal treatment strategy has not yet been defined for aVWD of different etiology, controlled multicenter trials aiming at the development of standardized treatment protocols are urgently needed. ..
- Haberland J, Bertz J, Wolf U, Ziese T, Kurth B. German cancer statistics 2004. BMC Cancer. 2010;10:52 pubmed publisher..The continuous improvements in the data situation help describe cancer development in Germany. ..
- Jehn C, Kühnhardt D, Bartholomae A, Pfeiffer S, Schmid P, Possinger K, et al. Association of IL-6, hypothalamus-pituitary-adrenal axis function, and depression in patients with cancer. Integr Cancer Ther. 2010;9:270-5 pubmed publisher..0-1.2; P = .006) and cortisol VAR (OR = 1.3; 95%CI = 1.0-1.4; P = .02) are independently associated with depression. Depression in cancer is associated with increased plasma IL-6 concentrations and dysfunction of the HPA axis. ..
- Haupt A, Joberty G, Bantscheff M, Frohlich H, Stehr H, Schweiger M, et al. Hsp90 inhibition differentially destabilises MAP kinase and TGF-beta signalling components in cancer cells revealed by kinase-targeted chemoproteomics. BMC Cancer. 2012;12:38 pubmed publisher..We propose a high confidence list of Hsp90 kinase clients, which provides new opportunities for targeted and combinatorial cancer treatment and diagnostic applications. ..
- Dassler K, Roohi F, Lohrke J, Ide A, Remmele S, Hütter J, et al. Current limitations of molecular magnetic resonance imaging for tumors as evaluated with high-relaxivity CD105-specific iron oxide nanoparticles. Invest Radiol. 2012;47:383-91 pubmed publisher..Therefore, molecular MRI by targeted SPIOs is currently not suitable for clinical tumor imaging using routinely applicable sequences and field strength. ..
- GrÃ¶pper S, van der Meer E, Landes T, Bucher H, Stickel A, Goerling U. Assessing cancer-related distress in cancer patients and caregivers receiving outpatient psycho-oncological counseling. Support Care Cancer. 2016;24:2351-2357 pubmed publisher..Results suggest that there is a need for more low-threshold offers of outpatient psycho-oncological counseling for caregivers. ..
- Kasper G, Vogel A, Klaman I, Gröne J, Petersen I, Weber B, et al. The human LAPTM4b transcript is upregulated in various types of solid tumours and seems to play a dual functional role during tumour progression. Cancer Lett. 2005;224:93-103 pubmed
- Weidemann H. Na/K-ATPase, endogenous digitalis like compounds and cancer development -- a hypothesis. Front Biosci. 2005;10:2165-76 pubmed..Abnormal plasma DLC concentrations in cancer patients; 3. Abnormal synthesis and release of DLC in immune compromised mice; and 4. Beneficial effects of DLC in the treatment of cancer...
- Heinzerling L, von Baehr V, Liebenthal C, von Baehr R, Volk H. Immunologic effector mechanisms of a standardized mistletoe extract on the function of human monocytes and lymphocytes in vitro, ex vivo, and in vivo. J Clin Immunol. 2006;26:347-59 pubmed..The most interesting clinical long-term effect is the bystander stimulation of various memory T cells that might mediate in vivo antitumor and antiinfectious T-cell response under mistletoe-extract immunization...
- Boonyapakorn T, Schirmer I, Reichart P, Sturm I, Massenkeil G. Bisphosphonate-induced osteonecrosis of the jaws: prospective study of 80 patients with multiple myeloma and other malignancies. Oral Oncol. 2008;44:857-69 pubmed publisher..Neither treatment with high-dose chemotherapy with autologous stem cell transplantation nor treatment with corticosteroids, thalidomide or bortezomib is a risk factor in this study...
- Huber O, Ménard L, Haurie V, Nicou A, Taras D, Rosenbaum J. Pontin and reptin, two related ATPases with multiple roles in cancer. Cancer Res. 2008;68:6873-6 pubmed publisher..They also interact with major oncogenic actors such as beta-catenin and c-myc and regulate their oncogenic function. We only now begin to get insight into the role of Pontin and Reptin in human cancers. ..
- Sievers C, Billig G, Gottschalk K, Rudel T. Prohibitins are required for cancer cell proliferation and adhesion. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e12735 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these observations suggest prohibitins play a crucial role in adhesion processes in the cell and thereby sustaining cancer cell propagation and survival. ..
- Hannss R, Dubiel W. COP9 signalosome function in the DDR. FEBS Lett. 2011;585:2845-52 pubmed publisher..DDR is a protection against cancer and deregulation of CSN function causes cancer making it an attractive pharmacological target. Here we review current knowledge on CSN function in DDR. ..
- Ludemann L, Wybranski C, Seidensticker M, Mohnike K, Kropf S, Wust P, et al. In vivo assessment of catheter positioning accuracy and prolonged irradiation time on liver tolerance dose after single-fraction 192Ir high-dose-rate brachytherapy. Radiat Oncol. 2011;6:107 pubmed publisher..To assess brachytherapy catheter positioning accuracy and to evaluate the effects of prolonged irradiation time on the tolerance dose of normal liver parenchyma following single-fraction irradiation with 192Ir...
- Petrul H, Schatz C, Kopitz C, Adnane L, McCabe T, Trail P, et al. Therapeutic mechanism and efficacy of the antibody-drug conjugate BAY 79-4620 targeting human carbonic anhydrase 9. Mol Cancer Ther. 2012;11:340-9 pubmed publisher..These preclinical data collectively support the development of BAY 79-4620 for the treatment of cancer patients with CAIX overexpressing tumors. ..
- Blankenstein T, Coulie P, Gilboa E, Jaffee E. The determinants of tumour immunogenicity. Nat Rev Cancer. 2012;12:307-13 pubmed publisher..So, what do we know about tumour immunogenicity and how might we therapeutically improve tumour immunogenicity? We asked four leading cancer immunologists around the world for their opinions on this important issue. ..
- Pearson A, Pfister S, Baruchel A, Bourquin J, Casanova M, Chesler L, et al. From class waivers to precision medicine in paediatric oncology. Lancet Oncol. 2017;18:e394-e404 pubmed publisher..These initiatives and a mechanism of action-based approach to drug development will accelerate the delivery of new therapeutic drugs for front-line therapy for those children who have unmet medical needs. ..
- Walther W, Stein U, Fichtner I, Malcherek L, Lemm M, Schlag P. Nonviral in vivo gene delivery into tumors using a novel low volume jet-injection technology. Gene Ther. 2001;8:173-80 pubmed..These studies demonstrate the applicability of jet injection for the efficient in vivo gene transfer into tumors for nonviral gene therapy of cancer using minimal amounts of naked DNA. ..
- Teichgraber U, Nagel S, Kausche S, Streitparth F, Cho C. Double-lumen central venous port catheters: simultaneous application for chemotherapy and parenteral nutrition in cancer patients. J Vasc Access. 2010;11:335-41 pubmed..Potential advantages, complications, and the durations of simultaneous and single use of the catheter were assessed...
- Ebai T, Souza de Oliveira F, Löf L, Wik L, Schweiger C, Larsson A, et al. Analytically Sensitive Protein Detection in Microtiter Plates by Proximity Ligation with Rolling Circle Amplification. Clin Chem. 2017;63:1497-1505 pubmed publisher..PLARCA offers detection of lower protein levels and increased dynamic ranges compared to ELISA. The PLARCA procedure may be adapted to routine instrumentation available in hospitals and research laboratories. ..
- Tremblay P, Kaiser R, Sezer O, Rosler N, Schelenz C, Possinger K, et al. Variations in the 5-hydroxytryptamine type 3B receptor gene as predictors of the efficacy of antiemetic treatment in cancer patients. J Clin Oncol. 2003;21:2147-55 pubmed..However, only a small fraction of the therapeutic failure is explained by the -AAG deletion variant of the 5-HT3B receptor gene. Additional clinical and biochemical studies are needed to confirm the association. ..
- Goswami C, Hucho T. Submembraneous microtubule cytoskeleton: biochemical and functional interplay of TRP channels with the cytoskeleton. FEBS J. 2008;275:4684-99 pubmed publisher..Thereby, we point out the functional importance of cytoskeleton components both as modulator and as modulated downstream effector. The resulting implications for patho-biological situations are discussed. ..
- Gigerenzer G, Wegwarth O. [Medical risk assessment--using the example of cancer screening]. Z Evid Fortbild Qual Gesundhwes. 2008;102:513-9; discussion 606-8 pubmed..Hence, informed consent is unlikely to take place in everyday practice. Truly informed decision making in medicine requires more evidence and transparency for patients as well as a better statistical training of physicians...
- Barberis M. Molecular systems biology of Sic1 in yeast cell cycle regulation through multiscale modeling. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2012;736:135-67 pubmed publisher..Through complementary experimentation and modeling, we suggest a mechanism that underlies Sic1 function in controlling temporal waves of cyclins to ensure correct timing of the phase-specific Cdk activities. ..
- Amulic B, Cazalet C, Hayes G, Metzler K, Zychlinsky A. Neutrophil function: from mechanisms to disease. Annu Rev Immunol. 2012;30:459-89 pubmed publisher..We focus on emerging issues in the field of neutrophil biology, address questions in this area that remain unanswered, and critically examine the experimental basis for common assumptions found in neutrophil literature. ..
- Fogeron M, Müller H, Schade S, Dreher F, Lehmann V, Kühnel A, et al. LGALS3BP regulates centriole biogenesis and centrosome hypertrophy in cancer cells. Nat Commun. 2013;4:1531 pubmed publisher..We propose that LGALS3BP suppresses assembly of centriolar substructures, and when depleted, causes accumulation of centriolar complexes comprising CPAP, acetylated tubulin and centrin...
- Jungblut P, Zimny Arndt U, Zeindl Eberhart E, Stulik J, Koupilova K, Pleissner K, et al. Proteomics in human disease: cancer, heart and infectious diseases. Electrophoresis. 1999;20:2100-10 pubmed..Similarly, antibody reactivity to seven different marker antigens of T. gondii allowed differentiation between acute and latent toxoplasmosis, an important diagnostic tool in both pregnancy and immunosuppressed patients. ..
- Bredenbeck A, Hollstein V, Trefzer U, Sterry W, Walden P, Losch F. Coordinated expression of clustered cancer/testis genes encoded in a large inverted repeat DNA structure. Gene. 2008;415:68-73 pubmed publisher..These results reinforce our hypothesis that the large MAGEA/CSAG-IR DNA structure has an impact on the regulation of gene expression. ..
- Krüger A, Ralser M. ATM is a redox sensor linking genome stability and carbon metabolism. Sci Signal. 2011;4:pe17 pubmed publisher..By linking genome stability, the cell cycle, and carbon catabolism, ATM emerges as a central regulator of cellular metabolism with implications for cancer. ..
- Höpken U, Rehm A. Homeostatic chemokines guide lymphoma cells to tumor growth-promoting niches within secondary lymphoid organs. J Mol Med (Berl). 2012;90:1237-45 pubmed publisher..We discuss possible cellular and molecular mechanisms of lymphoma-stroma crosstalk and highlight novel therapeutic strategies based on the disruption of tumor-stroma interaction in secondary lymphoid organs...
- Budczies J, Bockmayr M, Klauschen F, Endris V, Fröhling S, Schirmacher P, et al. Mutation patterns in genes encoding interferon signaling and antigen presentation: A pan-cancer survey with implications for the use of immune checkpoint inhibitors. Genes Chromosomes Cancer. 2017;56:651-659 pubmed publisher..Since these mutations are prevalent in treatment-naïve tumors, genetic screening prior to therapy might complement current approaches at predicting response to immune checkpoint blockade. ..
- Wenzel K, Felix S, Flachmeier C, Heere P, Schulze W, Grunewald I, et al. Identification and characterization of KAT, a novel gene preferentially expressed in several human cancer cell lines. Biol Chem. 2003;384:763-75 pubmed..In addition, KAT protein was detected in invasive ductal carcinoma, but not in adjacent tissues. This suggests a role of this gene in tumorigenesis. ..
- Birchmeier C, Birchmeier W, Gherardi E, Vande Woude G. Met, metastasis, motility and more. Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol. 2003;4:915-25 pubmed
- Wieczorek G, Asemissen A, Model F, Turbachova I, Floess S, Liebenberg V, et al. Quantitative DNA methylation analysis of FOXP3 as a new method for counting regulatory T cells in peripheral blood and solid tissue. Cancer Res. 2009;69:599-608 pubmed publisher..The assay presented here measures Treg robustly in blood and solid tissues regardless of conservation levels, promising fast screening of Treg in various clinical settings. ..
- Bakhiya N, Abraham K, Gürtler R, Appel K, Lampen A. Toxicological assessment of 3-chloropropane-1,2-diol and glycidol fatty acid esters in food. Mol Nutr Food Res. 2011;55:509-21 pubmed publisher..As this gives rise for toxicological concern, the currently available toxicological data of 3-MCPD and glycidol and their esters are summarized in this review and discussed with regard to data gaps and further research needs. ..