Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on molecular sequence data in Berlin, Germany
Locale: Berlin, Germany
Topic: molecular sequence data
Publications261 found, 100 shown here
- Richter S, Hess W, Krause M, Messer W. Unique organization of the dnaA region from Prochlorococcus marinus CCMP1375, a marine cyanobacterium. Mol Gen Genet. 1998;257:534-41 pubmed..Comparison of the genetic structure of dnaA regions from 15 representative bacteria shows that the pattern of genes flanking dnaA is not universally conserved among them...
- Gonzalez Gil G, Kahmann R, Muskhelishvili G. Regulation of crp transcription by oscillation between distinct nucleoprotein complexes. EMBO J. 1998;17:2877-85 pubmed..Our results suggest that the control of crp transcription is achieved by oscillation in the composition of these regulatory nucleoprotein complexes in response to the physiological state of the cell. ..
- Pohlmann A, Cramm R, Schmelz K, Friedrich B. A novel NO-responding regulator controls the reduction of nitric oxide in Ralstonia eutropha. Mol Microbiol. 2000;38:626-38 pubmed..eutropha. This reaction is not strictly co-ordinated on the regulatory level with the other nitrogen oxide-reducing steps of the denitrification chain that are independent of NorR. ..
- Riemekasten G, Langnickel D, Enghard P, Undeutsch R, Humrich J, Ebling F, et al. Intravenous injection of a D1 protein of the Smith proteins postpones murine lupus and induces type 1 regulatory T cells. J Immunol. 2004;173:5835-42 pubmed..In conclusion, these results indicate that SmD1 83-119 peptide may play a dominant role in the activation of helper and regulatory T cells that influence autoantibody generation and murine lupus. ..
- Lüschow D, Hoffmann T, Hafez H. Differentiation of avian poxvirus strains on the basis of nucleotide sequences of 4b gene fragment. Avian Dis. 2004;48:453-62 pubmed..PCR in combination with REA and sequencing of the amplified fragments is a rapid and effective diagnostic system, and it is a new approach to refine epidemiologic studies of APV infections...
- Kümmel D, Müller J, Roske Y, Misselwitz R, Büssow K, Heinemann U. The structure of the TRAPP subunit TPC6 suggests a model for a TRAPP subcomplex. EMBO Rep. 2005;6:787-93 pubmed..Together with TPC5, another TRAPP subunit, TPC6 and BET3 are supposed to constitute a family of paralogous proteins with closely similar three-dimensional structures but little sequence similarity among its members. ..
- Hoffmann K, Muller J, Stricker S, Megarbane A, Rajab A, Lindner T, et al. Escobar syndrome is a prenatal myasthenia caused by disruption of the acetylcholine receptor fetal gamma subunit. Am J Hum Genet. 2006;79:303-12 pubmed
- Seifert G, Taube T, Paal K, von Einsiedel H, Wellmann S, Henze G, et al. Brief communication: stability and catalytic activity of novel circular DNAzymes. Nucleosides Nucleotides Nucleic Acids. 2006;25:785-93 pubmed
- Stricker S, Verhey van Wijk N, Witte F, Brieske N, Seidel K, Mundlos S. Cloning and expression pattern of chicken Ror2 and functional characterization of truncating mutations in Brachydactyly type B and Robinow syndrome. Dev Dyn. 2006;235:3456-65 pubmed..Overexpression of Ror2 mutants led to a disturbance of growth plate architecture and a severe block of chondrocyte differentiation, demonstrating the functional importance of Ror2 in skeletogenesis...
- Cortese R, Krispin M, Weiss G, Berlin K, Eckhardt F. DNA methylation profiling of pseudogene-parental gene pairs and two gene families. Genomics. 2008;91:492-502 pubmed publisher..However, for the majority of unprocessed pseudogenes and for all processed pseudogenes examined, we found that tissue-specific methylation arose de novo after gene duplication. ..
- Finsterbusch T, Wolbert A, Deitemeier I, Meyer K, Mosquera M, Mankertz A, et al. Measles viruses of genotype H1 evade recognition by vaccine-induced neutralizing antibodies targeting the linear haemagglutinin noose epitope. J Gen Virol. 2009;90:2739-45 pubmed publisher..The loss of several neutralizing epitopes, as shown for H1 viruses currently circulating endemically in Asia, implies that epitope monitoring should be considered to be included in measles surveillance. ..
- Adlhoch C, Kaiser M, Ellerbrok H, Pauli G. High prevalence of porcine Hokovirus in German wild boar populations. Virol J. 2010;7:171 pubmed publisher..The German PHoV sequences from wild boars showed a close relationship with sequences of isolates from Hong Kong...
- Biskup K, Braicu E, Sehouli J, Fotopoulou C, Tauber R, Berger M, et al. Serum glycome profiling: a biomarker for diagnosis of ovarian cancer. J Proteome Res. 2013;12:4056-63 pubmed publisher..9%. Our study is the first one to compare glycan values with the established tumor marker CA125 and to give better results. Therefore, the N-glycome could potentially be used as a biomarker. ..
- Schwidetzky U, Haendler B, Schleuning W. Isolation and characterization of the androgen-dependent mouse cysteine-rich secretory protein-3 (CRISP-3) gene. Biochem J. 1995;309 ( Pt 3):831-6 pubmed..In addition, sequences described in the Drosophila melanogaster Sgs-3 gene as being involved in its salivary gland-specific expression as well as two putative OTF- and GATA-binding elements were also found. ..
- Luking A, Stahl U, Schmidt U. The protein family of RNA helicases. Crit Rev Biochem Mol Biol. 1998;33:259-96 pubmed..Although RNA helicase activity has only been demonstrated for a few examples yet, it is generally believed that all members of the largest subgroups, the DEAD and DEAH box proteins, exhibit this activity. ..
- Becker G, Klauck E, Hengge Aronis R. Regulation of RpoS proteolysis in Escherichia coli: the response regulator RssB is a recognition factor that interacts with the turnover element in RpoS. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:6439-44 pubmed..Thus the same region in RpoS is crucial for proteolysis as well as for activity as a transcription factor. ..
- Büttcher V, Quanz M, Willmitzer L. Molecular cloning, functional expression and purification of a glucan branching enzyme from Neisseria denitrificans(1). Biochim Biophys Acta. 1999;1432:406-12 pubmed..The purified glucan branching enzyme has a stimulating effect on the Neisseria amylosucrase activity. ..
- Ehlers B, Borchers K, Grund C, Frolich K, Ludwig H, Buhk H. Detection of new DNA polymerase genes of known and potentially novel herpesviruses by PCR with degenerate and deoxyinosine-substituted primers. Virus Genes. 1999;18:211-20 pubmed..This is a first indication that novel gamma-herpesviruses are present in wild and zoo equids. ..
- Angres B, Kim L, Jung R, Gessner R, Tauber R. LI-cadherin gene expression during mouse intestinal development. Dev Dyn. 2001;221:182-93 pubmed..LI-cadherin occupies all cell surfaces of the deeper layers of the epithelium, distributing to basolateral surfaces only in the cells of the outer epithelial layer. LI-cadherin was found to be always co-expressed with E-cadherin. ..
- Zerrahn J, Schaible U, Brinkmann V, Guhlich U, Kaufmann S. The IFN-inducible Golgi- and endoplasmic reticulum- associated 47-kDa GTPase IIGP is transiently expressed during listeriosis. J Immunol. 2002;168:3428-36 pubmed..We conclude that IIGP exerts a distinct role in IFN-induced intracellular membrane trafficking or processing. ..
- Aÿ J, Hilpert K, Krauss N, Schneider Mergener J, Hohne W. Structure of a hybrid squash inhibitor in complex with porcine pancreatic elastase at 1.8 A resolution. Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. 2003;59:247-54 pubmed..The binding loop of the inhibitor adopts a 'canonical' conformation and the scissile bond Leu-Glu remains intact. ..
- Hattermann K, Schmitt C, Soike D, Mankertz A. Cloning and sequencing of Duck circovirus (DuCV). Arch Virol. 2003;148:2471-80 pubmed publisher..Phylogenetic analysis shows close relation of DuCV with Goose circovirus and suggests classification of DuCV as a new member of the genus Circovirus of the virus family Circoviridae...
- Wüller S, Wiesner B, Löffler A, Furkert J, Krause G, Hermosilla R, et al. Pharmacochaperones post-translationally enhance cell surface expression by increasing conformational stability of wild-type and mutant vasopressin V2 receptors. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:47254-63 pubmed..The mechanisms involved in successful rescue of cell surface delivery are explained in a three-dimensional homology model of the antagonist-bound hV2R. ..
- Ahrens Fath I, Politz O, Geserick C, Haendler B. Androgen receptor function is modulated by the tissue-specific AR45 variant. FEBS J. 2005;272:74-84 pubmed..Altogether, the data suggest an important role of AR45 in modulating AR function and add a novel level of complexity to the mode of action of androgens. ..
- Fritz I, Strompl C, Nikitin D, Lysenko A, Abraham W. Brevundimonas mediterranea sp. nov., a non-stalked species from the Mediterranean Sea. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2005;55:479-86 pubmed..The strains therefore represent a novel species, for which the name Brevundimonas mediterranea sp. nov. is proposed, with the type strain V4.BO.10T)(=LMG 21911T=CIP 107934T)...
- Kasper G, Vogel A, Klaman I, Gröne J, Petersen I, Weber B, et al. The human LAPTM4b transcript is upregulated in various types of solid tumours and seems to play a dual functional role during tumour progression. Cancer Lett. 2005;224:93-103 pubmed
- Brunke S, Hube B. MfLIP1, a gene encoding an extracellular lipase of the lipid-dependent fungus Malassezia furfur. Microbiology. 2006;152:547-54 pubmed..furfur media, and had minor esterase activity. Furthermore, the lipase is inhibited by different bivalent metal ions. This is the first molecular description of a secreted lipase from M. furfur. ..
- Wagenführ K, Pieper S, Mackeldanz P, Linscheid M, Kruger D, Reuter M. Structural domains in the type III restriction endonuclease EcoP15I: characterization by limited proteolysis, mass spectrometry and insertional mutagenesis. J Mol Biol. 2007;366:93-102 pubmed..All mutants tolerated the genetic manipulation and did not display loss of function or alteration of the DNA cleavage position. ..
- Vahedi Faridi A, Eckey V, Scheffel F, Alings C, Landmesser H, Schneider E, et al. Crystal structures and mutational analysis of the arginine-, lysine-, histidine-binding protein ArtJ from Geobacillus stearothermophilus. Implications for interactions of ArtJ with its cognate ATP-binding cassette transporter, Art(MP)2. J Mol Biol. 2008;375:448-59 pubmed..The results are discussed in comparison with known structures of homologous proteins from mesophilic bacteria. ..
- Schwendemann A, Matkovic T, Linke C, Klebes A, Hofmann A, Korge G. Hip, an HP1-interacting protein, is a haplo- and triplo-suppressor of position effect variegation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:204-9 pubmed..These findings identify a player in heterochromatinization and suggest that Hip cooperates with HP1 in chromatin remodeling and gene silencing. ..
- Rossmann M, Schultz Heienbrok R, Behlke J, Remmel N, Alings C, Sandhoff K, et al. Crystal structures of human saposins C andD: implications for lipid recognition and membrane interactions. Structure. 2008;16:809-17 pubmed publisher..The crystal structure of SapD suggests that side chains of Lys10 and Arg17 are involved in initial association with the preferred anionic biological membranes by forming salt bridges with sulfate or phosphate lipid headgroups. ..
- Schulz E, Gottschling M, Bravo I, Wittstatt U, Stockfleth E, Nindl I. Genomic characterization of the first insectivoran papillomavirus reveals an unusually long, second non-coding region and indicates a close relationship to Betapapillomavirus. J Gen Virol. 2009;90:626-33 pubmed publisher..Our results underscore the modular organization of the PV genome and the complex natural history of PV...
- Seifert W, Beninde J, Hoffmann K, Lindner T, Bassir C, Aksu F, et al. HPGD mutations cause cranioosteoarthropathy but not autosomal dominant digital clubbing. Eur J Hum Genet. 2009;17:1570-6 pubmed publisher..The failure to identify any mutation in a family with an autosomal dominant type of isolated digital clubbing suggests that HPGD is not the major gene for this condition...
- Kaiser M, Löwa A, Ulrich M, Ellerbrok H, Goffe A, Blasse A, et al. Wild chimpanzees infected with 5 Plasmodium species. Emerg Infect Dis. 2010;16:1956-9 pubmed publisher..We surveyed Plasmodium spp. diversity in wild chimpanzees living in an undisturbed tropical rainforest habitat and found 5 species: P. malariae, P. vivax, P. ovale, P. reichenowi, and P. gaboni...
- SCHAFER J, Kampfer P, Jäckel U. Detection of Saccharopolyspora rectivirgula by quantitative real-time PCR. Ann Occup Hyg. 2011;55:612-9 pubmed publisher..Totally, the results clearly show the specificity and practicability of the established qPCR assay for detection of S. rectivirgula. ..
- Maritzen T, Zech T, Schmidt M, Krause E, Machesky L, Haucke V. Gadkin negatively regulates cell spreading and motility via sequestration of the actin-nucleating ARP2/3 complex. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:10382-7 pubmed publisher..Together with the observation that Gadkin-mediated inhibition of cell spreading requires its binding to ARP2/3, these data indicate that Gadkin is a negative regulator of ARP2/3 function present on intracellular membranes. ..
- Denzel M, Storm N, Gutschmidt A, Baddi R, Hinze Y, Jarosch E, et al. Hexosamine pathway metabolites enhance protein quality control and prolong life. Cell. 2014;156:1167-1178 pubmed publisher..Evidently, hexosamine pathway activation or N-acetylglucosamine supplementation induces distinct protein quality control mechanisms, which may allow therapeutic intervention against age-related and proteotoxic diseases...
- Zacharias M, Göringer H, Wagner R. Analysis of the Fis-dependent and Fis-independent transcription activation mechanisms of the Escherichia coli ribosomal RNA P1 promoter. Biochemistry. 1992;31:2621-8 pubmed..In addition, the study demonstrates that both the helical geometry and the absolute distance of the UAS region relative to the promoter are crucial for transcription activation. ..
- Kölling R, Gielow A, Seufert W, Kucherer C, Messer W. AsnC, a multifunctional regulator of genes located around the replication origin of Escherichia coli, oriC. Mol Gen Genet. 1988;212:99-104 pubmed..These transcripts, originating either at the mioC and/or the ansC promoter traverse the replication origin. ..
- Hess W, Weihe A, Loiseaux de Go r S, Partensky F, Vaulot D. Characterization of the single psbA gene of Prochlorococcus marinus CCMP 1375 (Prochlorophyta). Plant Mol Biol. 1995;27:1189-96 pubmed..Phylogenetic trees suggested the D1-1 iso-form from Synechococcus PCC 7942 as the next related D1 protein and place P. marinus separately from Prochlorothrix hollandica among the cyanobacteria...
- Sibold C, Henrichsen J, K Nig A, Martin C, Chalkley L, Hakenbeck R. Mosaic pbpX genes of major clones of penicillin-resistant Streptococcus pneumoniae have evolved from pbpX genes of a penicillin-sensitive Streptococcus oralis. Mol Microbiol. 1994;12:1013-23 pubmed..These data are in agreement with the assumption that PBPs as penicillin-resistance determinants have evolved by the accumulation of point mutations in genes of sensitive commensal species...
- Groettrup M, Soza A, Eggers M, Kuehn L, Dick T, Schild H, et al. A role for the proteasome regulator PA28alpha in antigen presentation. Nature. 1996;381:166-8 pubmed..These results demonstrate a fundamental in vivo function for PA28alpha in antigen processing. ..
- Bech Otschir D, Kraft R, Huang X, Henklein P, Kapelari B, Pollmann C, et al. COP9 signalosome-specific phosphorylation targets p53 to degradation by the ubiquitin system. EMBO J. 2001;20:1630-9 pubmed..It induces the cyclin-dependent inhibitor p21. In HeLa and MCF-7 cells, inhibition of CSN kinase by curcumin or Deltap53(145-164) results in accumulation of endogenous p53. ..
- Stein A, Seifert M, Volkmer Engert R, Siepelmeyer J, Jahreis K, Schneider E. Functional characterization of the maltose ATP-binding-cassette transporter of Salmonella typhimurium by means of monoclonal antibodies directed against the MalK subunit. Eur J Biochem. 2002;269:4074-85 pubmed
- Roloff T, Ropers H, Nuber U. Comparative study of methyl-CpG-binding domain proteins. BMC Genomics. 2003;4:1 pubmed..The analysis of protein domains suggests a role in transcriptional regulation for most of them. The knowledge of additional existing MBD proteins and their expression pattern is important in the context of Rett syndrome. ..
- Halenius A, Momburg F, Reinhard H, Bauer D, Lobigs M, Hengel H. Physical and functional interactions of the cytomegalovirus US6 glycoprotein with the transporter associated with antigen processing. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:5383-90 pubmed..By forming multimeric complexes, gpUS6 reaches the distant target domains to arrest peptide transport. The data revealed a nonanalogous multipolar bridging of the TAP TMDs by gpUS6...
- Sauer I, Nikolenko H, Keller S, Abu Ajaj K, Bienert M, Dathe M. Dipalmitoylation of a cellular uptake-mediating apolipoprotein E-derived peptide as a promising modification for stable anchorage in liposomal drug carriers. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2006;1758:552-61 pubmed..The concept of complexation using dipalmitoylated peptides may offer an efficient substitute to covalent vector coupling and a prospective way to optimize the capacity of liposomes as drug delivery systems also for different targets. ..
- Szczepek M, Brondani V, Büchel J, Serrano L, Segal D, Cathomen T. Structure-based redesign of the dimerization interface reduces the toxicity of zinc-finger nucleases. Nat Biotechnol. 2007;25:786-93 pubmed..Cell-based recombination assays confirmed that the modified ZFNs were as active as the original ZFNs but elicit significantly less genotoxicity. The improved safety profile may facilitate therapeutic application of the ZFN technology. ..
- Radu I, Budyak I, Hoomann T, Kim Y, Engelhard M, Labahn J, et al. Signal relay from sensory rhodopsin I to the cognate transducer HtrI: assessing the critical change in hydrogen-bonding between Tyr-210 and Asn-53. Biophys Chem. 2010;150:23-8 pubmed publisher..From this FT-IR spectroscopic result, we conclude that Y210 of SRI and N53 of HtrI interact via a hydrogen bond which is crucial for the signal transfer from the light receptor to the transducer. ..
- Kasaras A, Kunze R. Expression, localisation and phylogeny of a novel family of plant-specific membrane proteins. Plant Biol (Stuttg). 2010;12 Suppl 1:140-52 pubmed publisher..Further investigations are in progress to elucidate functions of the AtDMP proteins. ..
- Seeher S, Mahdi Y, Schweizer U. Post-transcriptional control of selenoprotein biosynthesis. Curr Protein Pept Sci. 2012;13:337-46 pubmed
- Iqbal Z, PÃ¼ttmann L, Musante L, Razzaq A, Zahoor M, Hu H, et al. Missense variants in AIMP1 gene are implicated in autosomal recessive intellectual disability without neurodegeneration. Eur J Hum Genet. 2016;24:392-9 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that the clinical spectrum for AIMP1 defects is broader than witnessed so far. ..
- Gaestel M, Benndorf R, Hayess K, Priemer E, Engel K. Dephosphorylation of the small heat shock protein hsp25 by calcium/calmodulin-dependent (type 2B) protein phosphatase. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:21607-11 pubmed
- Ziegelin G, Pansegrau W, Strack B, Balzer D, Kroger M, Kruft V, et al. Nucleotide sequence and organization of genes flanking the transfer origin of promiscuous plasmid RP4. DNA Seq. 1991;1:303-27 pubmed..Furthermore, the IncP TraG proteins and the product of the virD4 gene share extended amino acid sequence similarity, suggesting a functional relationship. ..
- Yang Y, Spitzer E, Meyer D, Sachs M, Niemann C, Hartmann G, et al. Sequential requirement of hepatocyte growth factor and neuregulin in the morphogenesis and differentiation of the mammary gland. J Cell Biol. 1995;131:215-26 pubmed..We thus show that two major postnatal morphogenic periods of mammary gland development are dependent on sequential mesenchymal-epithelial interactions mediated by HGF and NRG. ..
- Schindelin H, Jiang W, Inouye M, Heinemann U. Crystal structure of CspA, the major cold shock protein of Escherichia coli. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1994;91:5119-23 pubmed..Due to the high homology of the bacterial cold shock proteins with the Y-box factors, E. coli CspA and B. subtilis CspB define a structural framework for the common cold shock domain. ..
- Ceg owski P, Boitsov A, Chai S, Alonso J. Analysis of the stabilization system of pSM19035-derived plasmid pBT233 in Bacillus subtilis. Gene. 1993;136:1-12 pubmed..Removal of a 3.0-kb fragment (nt 4598-7689) with coding capacity for orf epsilon and orf zeta reduced plasmid segregational stability, but deletion of a 5.2-kb DNA segment (nt 2546-7826) abolished it.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Bergmann U, Wittmann Liebold B. Localization of proteins HL29 and HL31 from Haloarcula marismortui within the 50 S ribosomal subunit by chemical crosslinking. J Mol Biol. 1993;232:693-700 pubmed
- Hess W, Partensky F, van der Staay G, Garcia Fernandez J, B rner T, Vaulot D. Coexistence of phycoerythrin and a chlorophyll a/b antenna in a marine prokaryote. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:11126-30 pubmed..Flow cytometric data from the tropical Pacific Ocean provide evidence that deep populations of Prochlorococcus possess low amounts of a PE-like pigment, which could serve either in light harvesting or nitrogen storage or both...
- Varon R, Vissinga C, Platzer M, Cerosaletti K, Chrzanowska K, Saar K, et al. Nibrin, a novel DNA double-strand break repair protein, is mutated in Nijmegen breakage syndrome. Cell. 1998;93:467-76 pubmed..Five further truncating mutations were identified in patients with other distinct haplotypes. The domains found in nibrin and the NBS phenotype suggest that this disorder is caused by defective responses to DNA double-strand breaks. ..
- Demuth I, Wlodarski M, Tipping A, Morgan N, de Winter J, Thiel M, et al. Spectrum of mutations in the Fanconi anaemia group G gene, FANCG/XRCC9. Eur J Hum Genet. 2000;8:861-8 pubmed..A putative missense mutation, L71P, in a possible leucine zipper motif may affect FANCG binding of FANCA and seems to be associated with a milder clinical phenotype. ..
- Grimm J, Sachs M, Britsch S, Di Cesare S, Schwarz Romond T, Alitalo K, et al. Novel p62dok family members, dok-4 and dok-5, are substrates of the c-Ret receptor tyrosine kinase and mediate neuronal differentiation. J Cell Biol. 2001;154:345-54 pubmed..Thus, we have identified a subclass of p62dok proteins that are putative links with downstream effectors of c-Ret in neuronal differentiation. ..
- Reetz J, Rinder H, Thomschke A, Manke H, Schwebs M, Bruderek A. First detection of the microsporidium Enterocytozoon bieneusi in non-mammalian hosts (chickens). Int J Parasitol. 2002;32:785-7 pubmed..This is the first time that E. bieneusi has been detected in chickens, i.e. in a non-mammalian species. ..
- Chen Y, Petersen S, Pacyna Gengelbach M, Pietas A, Petersen I. Identification of a novel homeobox-containing gene, LAGY, which is downregulated in lung cancer. Oncology. 2003;64:450-8 pubmed..Since homeodomain-containing genes are known to transcriptionally regulate key cellular processes and are associated with carcinogenesis, we suggest that LAGY might be linked to lung cancer development and progression. ..
- Hisbergues M, Christiansen G, Rouhiainen L, Sivonen K, Börner T. PCR-based identification of microcystin-producing genotypes of different cyanobacterial genera. Arch Microbiol. 2003;180:402-10 pubmed..Moreover, subsequent RFLP analysis of the PCR products generated genus-specific fragments and allowed the genus of the toxin producer to be identified. The assay can be used with DNA from field samples. ..
- Shoichet S, Kunde S, Viertel P, Schell Apacik C, von Voss H, Tommerup N, et al. Haploinsufficiency of novel FOXG1B variants in a patient with severe mental retardation, brain malformations and microcephaly. Hum Genet. 2005;117:536-44 pubmed
- Manjasetty B, Büssow K, Fieber Erdmann M, Roske Y, Gobom J, Scheich C, et al. Crystal structure of Homo sapiens PTD012 reveals a zinc-containing hydrolase fold. Protein Sci. 2006;15:914-20 pubmed..Biochemical assays failed to demonstrate any of these enzyme activities in PTD012. However, PTD012 exhibits ester hydrolase activity on the substrate p-nitrophenyl acetate. ..
- Kirschner K, Wagner N, Wagner K, Wellmann S, Scholz H. The Wilms tumor suppressor Wt1 promotes cell adhesion through transcriptional activation of the alpha4integrin gene. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:31930-9 pubmed..This transcriptional activation of the alpha4integrin gene by Wt1(-KTS) might contribute to normal formation of the epicardium and other tissues in the developing embryo. ..
- Klotz C, Gehre F, Lucius R, Pogonka T. Identification of Eimeria tenella genes encoding for secretory proteins and evaluation of candidates by DNA immunisation studies in chickens. Vaccine. 2007;25:6625-34 pubmed..Our approach represents a rapid screening to identify and test putative new vaccine candidates from E. tenella sporozoites that could also be adopted to other apicomplexan parasites. ..
- Schwudke D, Ergin A, Michael K, Volkmar S, Appel B, Knabner D, et al. Broad-host-range Yersinia phage PY100: genome sequence, proteome analysis of virions, and DNA packaging strategy. J Bacteriol. 2008;190:332-42 pubmed..Newly replicated PY100 DNA is cut initially at a pac recognition site, which is located in the coding region of ORF2. ..
- Posch M, Boldt L, Polotzki M, Richter S, Rolf S, Perrot A, et al. Mutations in the cardiac transcription factor GATA4 in patients with lone atrial fibrillation. Eur J Med Genet. 2010;53:201-3 pubmed publisher..We report for the first time that mutations in the cardiac transcription factor GATA4 may represent a genetic origin of lone AF. The study proposes that lone AF may share a common genetic origin with congenital cardiac malformations. ..
- Kirsanovs S, Klempa B, Franke R, Lee M, Schönrich G, Rang A, et al. Genetic reassortment between high-virulent and low-virulent Dobrava-Belgrade virus strains. Virus Genes. 2010;41:319-28 pubmed publisher..The contrasting phenotypes of the parental viruses were maintained by the reassortants carrying the respective S and L segments of the parental virus and were not influenced by the origin of the M segment. ..
- KÃ¶hler C, Lighthouse J, Werther T, Andersen O, Diehl A, Schmieder P, et al. The structure of MESD45-184 brings light into the mechanism of LDLR family folding. Structure. 2011;19:337-48 pubmed publisher..The receptor motif recognized by MESD was identified by in vitro-binding studies. Furthermore, in vivo functional evidence for the relevance of the identified contact sites in MESD is provided. ..
- Neumann K, Kruse N, Szilagyi B, Erben U, Rudolph C, Flach A, et al. Connecting liver and gut: murine liver sinusoidal endothelium induces gut tropism of CD4+ T cells via retinoic acid. Hepatology. 2012;55:1976-84 pubmed publisher..Our data support the assumption that CD4(+) T cells can migrate from the liver to the gut as one branch of a postulated enterohepatic lymphocyte circulation. ..
- Nogai A, Siffrin V, Bonhagen K, Pfueller C, Hohnstein T, Volkmer Engert R, et al. Lipopolysaccharide injection induces relapses of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis in nontransgenic mice via bystander activation of autoreactive CD4+ cells. J Immunol. 2005;175:959-66 pubmed
- Cibrián Uhalte E, Kirchner M, Hellwig N, Allen J, Donat S, Shokat K, et al. In vivo conditions to identify Prkci phosphorylation targets using the analog-sensitive kinase method in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e40000 pubmed publisher..This study provides the foundation for using the analog-sensitive kinase method in the context of complex vertebrate development, physiology, or disease. ..
- Arndt E, Scholzen T, Kromer W, Hatakeyama T, Kimura M. Primary structures of ribosomal proteins from the archaebacterium Halobacterium marismortui and the eubacterium Bacillus stearothermophilus. Biochimie. 1991;73:657-68 pubmed..Some proteins are highly conserved with 64-76% identity, others are poorly conserved with only 25-34% identical amino acid residues. ..
- Osswald M, Brimacombe R. The environment of 5S rRNA in the ribosome: cross-links to 23S rRNA from sites within helices II and III of the 5S molecule. Nucleic Acids Res. 1999;27:2283-90 pubmed..Taken together with previous data, these results serve to define the arrangement of the 5S rRNA molecule relative to the 23S rRNA within the 50S subunit. ..
- Roschanski N, Klages S, Reinhardt R, Linscheid M, Strauch E. Identification of genes essential for prey-independent growth of Bdellovibrio bacteriovorus HD100. J Bacteriol. 2011;193:1745-56 pubmed publisher..Complementation experiments with a wild-type gene encoding an RNA helicase, RhlB, abolished the ability to form colonies on complete medium, indicating that stability of RNA influences axenic growth. ..
- Guenzi E, Gasc A, Sicard M, Hakenbeck R. A two-component signal-transducing system is involved in competence and penicillin susceptibility in laboratory mutants of Streptococcus pneumoniae. Mol Microbiol. 1994;12:505-15 pubmed
- Manjasetty B, Quedenau C, Sievert V, Büssow K, Niesen F, Delbrück H, et al. X-ray structure of human gankyrin, the product of a gene linked to hepatocellular carcinoma. Proteins. 2004;55:214-7 pubmed
- Holland C, Mak T, Zimny Arndt U, Schmid M, Meyer T, Jungblut P, et al. Proteomic identification of secreted proteins of Propionibacterium acnes. BMC Microbiol. 2010;10:230 pubmed publisher..acnes virulence factors remains scarce. Here, we identified proteins secreted during anaerobic cultivation of a range of skin and clinical P. acnes isolates, spanning the four known phylogenetic groups...
- Gollhofer J, Schläwicke C, Jungnick N, Schmidt W, Buckhout T. Members of a small family of nodulin-like genes are regulated under iron deficiency in roots of Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Physiol Biochem. 2011;49:557-64 pubmed publisher..These results were taken as an indication, that some members of this nodulin-like family were directly involved in Fe homeostasis in plants. ..
- Harms K, W hner R, Schulz B, Frommer W. Isolation and characterization of P-type H(+)-ATPase genes from potato. Plant Mol Biol. 1994;26:979-88 pubmed
- Schoneberg T, Schulz A, Grosse R, Schade R, Henklein P, Schultz G, et al. A novel subgroup of class I G-protein-coupled receptors. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1999;1446:57-70 pubmed..Since none of the applied substances led to significant changes in second messenger levels (cAMP and inositol phosphates), the natural ligand and coupling profile of this novel GPCR subgroup remains unknown. ..
- Gaestel M, Gotthardt R, Muller T. Structure and organisation of a murine gene encoding small heat-shock protein Hsp25. Gene. 1993;128:279-83 pubmed..These elements could explain hsp25 basal expression as well as its induction as a result of heat-shock and estrogen treatment. ..
- Ludwig M, Schubert T, Zebger I, Wisitruangsakul N, Saggu M, Strack A, et al. Concerted action of two novel auxiliary proteins in assembly of the active site in a membrane-bound [NiFe] hydrogenase. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:2159-68 pubmed publisher..This shuttle also involves the scaffold protein HoxV. Indeed, infrared spectroscopy and metal analysis identified for the first time a non-redox-active Fe(CN-)2CO intermediate coordinated to HoxV. ..