Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on knockout mice in Berlin, Germany
Locale: Berlin, Germany
Topic: knockout mice
Publications106 found, 100 shown here
- Endres M, Piriz J, Gertz K, Harms C, Meisel A, Kronenberg G, et al. Serum insulin-like growth factor I and ischemic brain injury. Brain Res. 2007;1185:328-35 pubmed..Therefore, lowering serum IGF-I levels in aging mammals, including humans, may be beneficial against the increased risk of stroke associated to old age. ..
- Lampropoulou V, Hoehlig K, Roch T, Neves P, Calderon Gomez E, Sweenie C, et al. TLR-activated B cells suppress T cell-mediated autoimmunity. J Immunol. 2008;180:4763-73 pubmed..Altogether, our data indicate that B cells link recognition of microbial products via TLR to suppression of a T cell-mediated autoimmune disease. ..
- Stauss H, Godecke A, Mrowka R, Schrader J, Persson P. Enhanced blood pressure variability in eNOS knockout mice. Hypertension. 1999;33:1359-63 pubmed..In addition, endothelial nitric oxide is most effective in buffering blood pressure oscillations at frequencies that range from 0.05 to 0.40 s-1 (Hz) in conscious mice. ..
- Koebernick H, Grode L, David J, Rohde W, Rolph M, Mittrücker H, et al. Macrophage migration inhibitory factor (MIF) plays a pivotal role in immunity against Salmonella typhimurium. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:13681-6 pubmed..typhimurium. MIF not only promotes development of a protective Th1 response but ameliorates disease by altering levels of reactive nitrogen intermediates and corticosteroid hormones, which both exert immunosuppressive functions. ..
- Siems W, Maul B, Wiesner B, Becker M, Walther T, Rothe L, et al. Effects of kinins on mammalian spermatozoa and the impact of peptidolytic enzymes. Andrologia. 2003;35:44-54 pubmed..The effects of Bk on sperm cells are not mediated by the B2 Bk receptor. Using several biochemical, molecular and genetic methods we could not detect any Bk receptor on spermatozoa. ..
- Guthmann F, Schachtrup C, Tölle A, Wissel H, Binas B, Kondo H, et al. Phenotype of palmitic acid transport and of signalling in alveolar type II cells from E/H-FABP double-knockout mice: contribution of caveolin-1 and PPARgamma. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2004;1636:196-204 pubmed..This indicated that E-FABP and/or H-FABP are involved in the mediation of DPPC synthesis in wt TII cells. ..
- Schweizer U, Streckfuss F, Pelt P, Carlson B, Hatfield D, Köhrle J, et al. Hepatically derived selenoprotein P is a key factor for kidney but not for brain selenium supply. Biochem J. 2005;386:221-6 pubmed..This indicates that a transport function in plasma is exerted by hepatically derived SePP, while in brain SePP fulfils a second, hitherto unexpected, essential role. ..
- Bermpohl D, Halle A, Freyer D, Dagand E, Braun J, Bechmann I, et al. Bacterial programmed cell death of cerebral endothelial cells involves dual death pathways. J Clin Invest. 2005;115:1607-15 pubmed..These findings broaden the scope of bacterial-induced PCD, link these effects to innate immune TLRs, and provide insight into the acute and persistent phases of damage during meningitis. ..
- Isken F, Pfeiffer A, Nogueiras R, Osterhoff M, Ristow M, Thorens B, et al. Deficiency of glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide receptor prevents ovariectomy-induced obesity in mice. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2008;295:E350-5 pubmed publisher..GIP receptors thus interact with estrogens in the hypothalamic regulation of food intake in mice, and their blockade may carry promising potential for the prevention of obesity in gonadal steroid deficiency. ..
- Goncalves A, Tank J, Diedrich A, Hilzendeger A, Plehm R, Bader M, et al. Diabetic hypertensive leptin receptor-deficient db/db mice develop cardioregulatory autonomic dysfunction. Hypertension. 2009;53:387-92 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that db/db mice exhibit features found in humans with type 2 diabetic autonomic neuropathy and could serve as a model for this complication. ..
- Ermert D, Urban C, Laube B, Goosmann C, Zychlinsky A, Brinkmann V. Mouse neutrophil extracellular traps in microbial infections. J Innate Immun. 2009;1:181-93 pubmed publisher..The hyphal form of this fungus induced NETs more effectively than the yeast form. With this work, we provide tools to study in vitro NET assembly in the mouse system...
- Novarino G, Weinert S, Rickheit G, Jentsch T. Endosomal chloride-proton exchange rather than chloride conductance is crucial for renal endocytosis. Science. 2010;328:1398-401 pubmed publisher..However, their proximal tubular endocytosis was also impaired. Thus, endosomal chloride concentration, which is raised by ClC-5 in exchange for protons accumulated by the H+-ATPase, may play a role in endocytosis. ..
- Menning A, Loddenkemper C, Westendorf A, Szilagyi B, Buer J, Siewert C, et al. Retinoic acid-induced gut tropism improves the protective capacity of Treg in acute but not in chronic gut inflammation. Eur J Immunol. 2010;40:2539-48 pubmed publisher..Together, our data show that the induction of appropriate homing properties prior to transfer increases the protective potential of adoptively transferred Treg in acute, but not in chronic, inflammatory disorders of the gut. ..
- Wagner K, Wagner N, Vidal V, Schley G, Wilhelm D, Schedl A, et al. The Wilms' tumor gene Wt1 is required for normal development of the retina. EMBO J. 2002;21:1398-405 pubmed..Taken together, our findings demonstrate a continuous requirement for Wt1 in normal retina formation with a critical role in Pou4f2-dependent ganglion cell differentiation. ..
- Gross V, Tank J, Obst M, Plehm R, Blumer K, Diedrich A, et al. Autonomic nervous system and blood pressure regulation in RGS2-deficient mice. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2005;288:R1134-42 pubmed..A central nervous system mechanism might be implicated by an increased sympathetic tone. This state of affairs could lead to a baroreceptor-HR reflex resetting, while BRS remains unimpaired. ..
- Sabat R, Wallace E, Endesfelder S, Wolk K. IL-19 and IL-20: two novel cytokines with importance in inflammatory diseases. Expert Opin Ther Targets. 2007;11:601-12 pubmed..For this reason, the authors have reviewed the facts known at present regarding these cytokines and postulate that IL-19 and IL-20 are pharmacologically interesting distal elements of an inflammatory cascade. ..
- Mittrucker H, Raupach B, Kohler A, Kaufmann S. Cutting edge: role of B lymphocytes in protective immunity against Salmonella typhimurium infection. J Immunol. 2000;164:1648-52 pubmed..typhimurium involved both B cell-dependent and -independent effector mechanisms. Thus, B cell-mediated immunity plays a distinct role in control of S. typhimurium in susceptible mice. ..
- Muller D, Nykjaer A, Willnow T. From holoprosencephaly to osteopathology: role of multifunctional endocytic receptors in absorptive epithelia. Ann Med. 2003;35:290-9 pubmed..Here, we will review the molecular mechanisms that underlie normal receptor activity and that cause disease in the receptor-deficient organism. ..
- Menning A, Höpken U, Siegmund K, Lipp M, Hamann A, Huehn J. Distinctive role of CCR7 in migration and functional activity of naive- and effector/memory-like Treg subsets. Eur J Immunol. 2007;37:1575-83 pubmed..Together, our findings provide conclusive evidence that CCR7 expression on Treg differentially controls in vivo function of the naive- and effector/memory-like subsets. ..
- Schulte Herbrüggen O, Hörtnagl H, Ponath G, Rothermundt M, Hellweg R. Distinct regulation of brain-derived neurotrophic factor and noradrenaline in S100B knockout mice. Neurosci Lett. 2008;442:100-3 pubmed publisher..As referred to changes in NA levels functional studies are warranted to elucidate the link between S100B protein and the noradrenergic metabolism. ..
- Hegazy A, Peine M, Helmstetter C, Panse I, Fröhlich A, Bergthaler A, et al. Interferons direct Th2 cell reprogramming to generate a stable GATA-3(+)T-bet(+) cell subset with combined Th2 and Th1 cell functions. Immunity. 2010;32:116-28 pubmed publisher..Stable coexpression of GATA-3 and T-bet provides a molecular concept for the long-term coexistence of Th2 and Th1 cell lineage characteristics in single memory T cells. ..
- Patzke C, Max K, Behlke J, Schreiber J, Schmidt H, Dorner A, et al. The coxsackievirus-adenovirus receptor reveals complex homophilic and heterophilic interactions on neural cells. J Neurosci. 2010;30:2897-910 pubmed publisher..The results of these functional and binding studies are correlated to a U-shaped homodimer of the complete extracellular domains of CAR detected by x-ray crystallography. ..
- Chu V, Enghard P, Riemekasten G, Berek C. In vitro and in vivo activation induces BAFF and APRIL expression in B cells. J Immunol. 2007;179:5947-57 pubmed..In (NZB x NZW)F(1) mice, the continuous activation of B cells and thus overexpression of BAFF and APRIL may contribute to the development of autoimmune disease. ..
- Rickheit G, Maier H, Strenzke N, Andreescu C, De Zeeuw C, Muenscher A, et al. Endocochlear potential depends on Cl- channels: mechanism underlying deafness in Bartter syndrome IV. EMBO J. 2008;27:2907-17 pubmed publisher..Bsnd(-/-) mice thus demonstrate a novel function of Cl(-) channels in generating the endocochlear potential and reveal the mechanism leading to deafness in human Bartter syndrome IV...
- Dorhoi A, Desel C, Yeremeev V, Pradl L, Brinkmann V, Mollenkopf H, et al. The adaptor molecule CARD9 is essential for tuberculosis control. J Exp Med. 2010;207:777-92 pubmed publisher..Our data provide evidence that deregulated innate responses trigger excessive lung inflammation and demonstrate a pivotal role of CARD9 signaling in autonomous innate host defense against tuberculosis...
- Sachs M, Brohmann H, Zechner D, Muller T, Hülsken J, Walther I, et al. Essential role of Gab1 for signaling by the c-Met receptor in vivo. J Cell Biol. 2000;150:1375-84 pubmed..This is genetic evidence that Gab1 is essential for c-Met signaling in vivo. Analogy exists to signal transmission by insulin receptors, which require IRS1 and IRS2 as specific docking proteins. ..
- Pannasch U, Färber K, Nolte C, Blonski M, Yan Chiu S, Messing A, et al. The potassium channels Kv1.5 and Kv1.3 modulate distinct functions of microglia. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2006;33:401-11 pubmed..5(-/-) microglia as well as in Kv1.5- or Kv1.3 AO-treated cells. Our study indicates that induction of K(+) channel expression is a prerequisite for the full functional spectrum of microglial activation. ..
- Pandiyan P, Hegel J, Krueger M, Quandt D, Brunner Weinzierl M. High IFN-gamma production of individual CD8 T lymphocytes is controlled by CD152 (CTLA-4). J Immunol. 2007;178:2132-40 pubmed..Our data also show that in activated CD8 T cells, the CD152-mediated inhibition of cytokine production is more pronounced than inhibition of their proliferation. ..
- Burmeister Y, Lischke T, Dahler A, Mages H, Lam K, Coyle A, et al. ICOS controls the pool size of effector-memory and regulatory T cells. J Immunol. 2008;180:774-82 pubmed..This concept may reconcile a number of past in vivo studies with seemingly contradictory results on ICOS function. ..
- Harhausen D, Khojasteh U, Stahel P, Morgan B, Nietfeld W, Dirnagl U, et al. Membrane attack complex inhibitor CD59a protects against focal cerebral ischemia in mice. J Neuroinflammation. 2010;7:15 pubmed publisher..Moreover, CD59a-deficient mice had impaired neurological function when compared to wild-type mice after 30 min MCAO. We conclude that CD59a protects against ischemic brain damage, but depending on the gender and the stroke model used. ..
- Albrecht I, Niesner U, Janke M, Menning A, Loddenkemper C, KÃ¼hl A, et al. Persistence of effector memory Th1 cells is regulated by Hopx. Eur J Immunol. 2010;40:2993-3006 pubmed publisher..Consequently, they cannot induce chronic inflammation in murine models of transfer-induced colitis and arthritis, demonstrating a key role of Hopx for Th1-mediated immunopathology. ..
- Baumann C, Davies B, Peters M, Kaufmann Reiche U, Lessl M, Theuring F. AKR1B7 (mouse vas deferens protein) is dispensable for mouse development and reproductive success. Reproduction. 2007;134:97-109 pubmed..The determination of serum progesterone revealed an increase in hormone concentration in metestrus, while progesterone was found to be decreased in the estrus phase of the cycle in knockout females. ..
- Ellinghaus U, Rupec R, Pabst O, Ignatius R, Forster R, Dorken B, et al. IkappaBalpha is required for marginal zone B cell lineage development. Eur J Immunol. 2008;38:2096-105 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate the importance of the intact NF-kappaB/IkappaBalpha pathway for proper MZB cell development. ..
- von Bohlen und Halbach O, Walther T, Bader M, Albrecht D. Genetic deletion of angiotensin AT2 receptor leads to increased cell numbers in different brain structures of mice. Regul Pept. 2001;99:209-16 pubmed..These results show the contrary effects of both angiotensin receptors on cell growth and represent the first demonstration of their action on neuronal cell development evidenced in the adult mouse brain. ..
- Grosse G, Eulitz D, Thiele T, Pahner I, Schröter S, Takamori S, et al. Axonal sorting of Kir3.3 defines a GABA-containing neuron in the CA3 region of rodent hippocampus. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2003;24:709-24 pubmed..Kir3.3 neurons might modulate the activity of CA3 circuitries and consequently memory processing in the hippocampus. ..
- Dietrich T, Perlitz C, Licha K, Stawowy P, Atrott K, Tachezy M, et al. ED-B fibronectin (ED-B) can be targeted using a novel single chain antibody conjugate and is associated with macrophage accumulation in atherosclerotic lesions. Basic Res Cardiol. 2007;102:298-307 pubmed..This study demonstrates that plaque NIRF imaging is feasible with a novel single chain antibody and that ED-B expression is closely associated with inflammation in experimental atherosclerosis. ..
- Maul B, Von Bohlen Und Halbach O, Becker A, Sterner Kock A, Voigt J, Siems W, et al. Impaired spatial memory and altered dendritic spine morphology in angiotensin II type 2 receptor-deficient mice. J Mol Med (Berl). 2008;86:563-71 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest a crucial role of AT2 in normal brain function and that dysfunction of the receptor has impact on brain development and ultrastructural morphology with distinct consequences on learning and memory. ..
- Kunert S, Meyer I, Fleischhauer S, Wannack M, Fiedler J, Shivdasani R, et al. The microtubule modulator RanBP10 plays a critical role in regulation of platelet discoid shape and degranulation. Blood. 2009;114:5532-40 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that RanBP10 plays an essential role in hemostasis and in maintaining microtubule dynamics with respect to both platelet shape and function. ..
- Ziegler G, Prinz V, Albrecht M, Harhausen D, Khojasteh U, Nacken W, et al. Mrp-8 and -14 mediate CNS injury in focal cerebral ischemia. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2009;1792:1198-204 pubmed publisher..We conclude that upregulation and signaling of Mrp-8 and-14 contribute to neuroinflammation and the progression of ischemic damage. ..
- Botchkarev V, Botchkarev N, Albers K, van der Veen C, Lewin G, Paus R. Neurotrophin-3 involvement in the regulation of hair follicle morphogenesis. J Invest Dermatol. 1998;111:279-85 pubmed..These observations suggest that NT-3 is an important growth modulator during morphogenesis and remodeling of neuroectodermal-mesenchymal interaction systems like the hair follicle. ..
- Löhn M, Kämpf D, Gui Xuan C, Haller H, Luft F, Gollasch M. Regulation of arterial tone by smooth muscle myosin type II. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2002;283:C1383-9 pubmed..Thus PKC-dependent phosphorylation of cytoskeletal proteins may be responsible for sustained contraction in vascular SM. ..
- Campean V, Theilig F, Paliege A, Breyer M, Bachmann S. Key enzymes for renal prostaglandin synthesis: site-specific expression in rodent kidney (rat, mouse). Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2003;285:F19-32 pubmed
- Breustedt J, Schmitz D. Assessing the role of GLUK5 and GLUK6 at hippocampal mossy fiber synapses. J Neurosci. 2004;24:10093-8 pubmed..We therefore conclude that the facilitatory effects of kainate on mossy fiber synaptic transmission are mediated by GLU(K6)-containing KARs. ..
- Thierbach R, Schulz T, Isken F, Voigt A, Mietzner B, Drewes G, et al. Targeted disruption of hepatic frataxin expression causes impaired mitochondrial function, decreased life span and tumor growth in mice. Hum Mol Genet. 2005;14:3857-64 pubmed..Taken together, these findings indicate that frataxin may act as a mitochondrial tumor suppressor protein in mammals. ..
- Schrage A, Wechsung K, Neumann K, Schumann M, Schulzke J, Engelhardt B, et al. Enhanced T cell transmigration across the murine liver sinusoidal endothelium is mediated by transcytosis and surface presentation of chemokines. Hepatology. 2008;48:1262-72 pubmed publisher..Chemokine presentation by LSEC could provide a future therapeutic target for inhibiting lymphocyte immigration and suppressing hepatic inflammation. ..
- Siffrin V, Brandt A, Radbruch H, Herz J, Boldakowa N, Leuenberger T, et al. Differential immune cell dynamics in the CNS cause CD4+ T cell compartmentalization. Brain. 2009;132:1247-58 pubmed publisher..Our results visualize dynamic T cell motility in the CNS and demonstrate differential CXCR4-mediated compartmentalization of CD4(+) T-cell motility within the healthy and diseased CNS. ..
- Beisiegel M, Mollenkopf H, Hahnke K, Koch M, Dietrich I, Reece S, et al. Combination of host susceptibility and Mycobacterium tuberculosis virulence define gene expression profile in the host. Eur J Immunol. 2009;39:3369-84 pubmed publisher..We identified several markers unique for different stages of disease progression and not previously associated with virulence-specific host responses in tuberculosis. ..
- Brunk I, Sanchis Segura C, Blex C, Perreau Lenz S, Bilbao A, Spanagel R, et al. Amphetamine regulates NR2B expression in Go2? knockout mice and thereby sustains behavioral sensitization. J Neurochem. 2010;115:234-46 pubmed publisher..We conclude that amphetamine provokes behavioral sensitization in Go2?-/- mice by an enhanced inhibition of the indirect pathway without disturbing the direct pathway thereby overcoming the imbalance in the DArgic system. ..
- Zerrahn J, Schaible U, Brinkmann V, Guhlich U, Kaufmann S. The IFN-inducible Golgi- and endoplasmic reticulum- associated 47-kDa GTPase IIGP is transiently expressed during listeriosis. J Immunol. 2002;168:3428-36 pubmed..We conclude that IIGP exerts a distinct role in IFN-induced intracellular membrane trafficking or processing. ..
- Donath S, Li P, Willenbockel C, Al Saadi N, Gross V, Willnow T, et al. Apoptosis repressor with caspase recruitment domain is required for cardioprotection in response to biomechanical and ischemic stress. Circulation. 2006;113:1203-12 pubmed..Our study identifies a tissue-specific antiapoptotic factor that is downregulated in human failing myocardium and that is required for cardioprotection in pressure overload and ischemia. ..
- Patchev A, Fischer D, Wolf S, Herkenham M, Götz F, Gehin M, et al. Insidious adrenocortical insufficiency underlies neuroendocrine dysregulation in TIF-2 deficient mice. FASEB J. 2007;21:231-8 pubmed..Thus, hyperactivity of the hypothalamo-pituitary unit is ascribed to insidious adrenal insufficiency and impaired glucocorticoid feedback. ..
- Mok S, Riemer C, Madela K, Hsu D, Liu F, Gültner S, et al. Role of galectin-3 in prion infections of the CNS. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;359:672-8 pubmed..The results point towards a detrimental role of galectin-3 in prion infections of the CNS and suggest that endo-/lysosomal dysfunction in combination with reduced autophagy may contribute to disease development. ..
- Kaestle S, Reich C, Yin N, Habazettl H, Weimann J, Kuebler W. Nitric oxide-dependent inhibition of alveolar fluid clearance in hydrostatic lung edema. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2007;293:L859-69 pubmed..This effect is mediated by endothelial-derived NO acting as an intercompartmental signaling molecule at the alveolo-capillary barrier. ..
- Harhausen D, Prinz V, Ziegler G, Gertz K, Endres M, Lehrach H, et al. CD93/AA4.1: a novel regulator of inflammation in murine focal cerebral ischemia. J Immunol. 2010;184:6407-17 pubmed publisher..Thus, we speculate that CD93-neuroprotection is mediated via suppression of the neuroinflammatory response through downregulation of CCL21. ..
- Reece S, Loddenkemper C, Askew D, Zedler U, Schommer Leitner S, Stein M, et al. Serine protease activity contributes to control of Mycobacterium tuberculosis in hypoxic lung granulomas in mice. J Clin Invest. 2010;120:3365-76 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that serine protease activity acts as a protective mechanism within hypoxic regions of lung granulomas and present a potential new strategy for the treatment of tuberculosis. ..
- Lommatzsch M, Braun A, Mannsfeldt A, Botchkarev V, Botchkareva N, Paus R, et al. Abundant production of brain-derived neurotrophic factor by adult visceral epithelia. Implications for paracrine and target-derived Neurotrophic functions. Am J Pathol. 1999;155:1183-93 pubmed..The abundance of BDNF protein in certain internal organs suggests that this neurotrophin may regulate the function of adult visceral sensory and motor neurons. ..
- Stauss H, Nafz B, Mrowka R, Persson P. Blood pressure control in eNOS knock-out mice: comparison with other species under NO blockade. Acta Physiol Scand. 2000;168:155-60 pubmed
- Burmeister R, Boe I, Nykjaer A, Jacobsen C, Moestrup S, Verroust P, et al. A two-receptor pathway for catabolism of Clara cell secretory protein in the kidney. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:13295-301 pubmed..These findings identify a cellular pathway consisting of a CCSP-binding protein (cubilin) and an endocytic coreceptor (megalin) responsible for tissue-specific uptake of CCSP and associated ligands. ..
- Mittrucker H, Kursar M, Kohler A, Hurwitz R, Kaufmann S. Role of CD28 for the generation and expansion of antigen-specific CD8(+) T lymphocytes during infection with Listeria monocytogenes. J Immunol. 2001;167:5620-7 pubmed..However, Ag-specific CD8(+) T cells generated in the absence of CD28 differentiated into normal effector and memory T cells. ..
- Walther T, Menrad A, Orzechowski H, Siemeister G, Paul M, Schirner M. Differential regulation of in vivo angiogenesis by angiotensin II receptors. FASEB J. 2003;17:2061-7 pubmed
- Walther T, Klostermann K, Heringer Walther S, Schultheiss H, Tschope C, Stepan H. Fibrosis rather than blood pressure determines cardiac BNP expression in mice. Regul Pept. 2003;116:95-100 pubmed
- Schultz J, Schwarz A, Neidhold S, Burwinkel M, Riemer C, Simon D, et al. Role of interleukin-1 in prion disease-associated astrocyte activation. Am J Pathol. 2004;165:671-8 pubmed
- Bachmann S, Mutig K, Bates J, Welker P, Geist B, Gross V, et al. Renal effects of Tamm-Horsfall protein (uromodulin) deficiency in mice. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2005;288:F559-67 pubmed..Our data raise the hypothesis that THP plays an important regulatory role in the kidney. ..
- Hammes A, Andreassen T, Spoelgen R, Raila J, Hubner N, Schulz H, et al. Role of endocytosis in cellular uptake of sex steroids. Cell. 2005;122:751-62 pubmed..Thus, our findings uncover the existence of endocytic pathways for protein bound androgens and estrogens and their crucial role in development of the reproductive organs. ..
- Pawlowski N, Struck D, Grollich K, Kuhl A, Zeitz M, Liesenfeld O, et al. CD2 deficiency partially prevents small bowel inflammation and improves parasite control in murine Toxoplasma gondii infection. World J Gastroenterol. 2007;13:4207-13 pubmed..gondii infection than WT mice. In contrast to most current immunosuppressive or biological therapies CD2 deficiency reduces intestinal inflammation and at the same time helps to control infection. ..
- Prüss H, Prass K, Ghaeni L, Milosevic M, Muselmann C, Freyer D, et al. Inducible nitric oxide synthase does not mediate brain damage after transient focal cerebral ischemia in mice. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2008;28:526-39 pubmed..In conclusion, our data suggest that iNOS is not a universal mediator of brain damage after cerebral ischemia. ..
- Färber K, Markworth S, Pannasch U, Nolte C, Prinz V, Kronenberg G, et al. The ectonucleotidase cd39/ENTPDase1 modulates purinergic-mediated microglial migration. Glia. 2008;56:331-41 pubmed..We conclude that the co-stimulation of purinergic and adenosine receptors is a requirement for microglial migration and that the expression of cd39 controls the ATP/adenosine balance. ..
- Milanovic M, Terszowski G, Struck D, Liesenfeld O, Carstanjen D. IFN consensus sequence binding protein (Icsbp) is critical for eosinophil development. J Immunol. 2008;181:5045-53 pubmed..These findings identify Icsbp as a novel transcription factor critical for the development of the eosinophil lineage. ..
- von Websky K, Heiden S, Pfab T, Hocher B. Pathophysiology of the endothelin system - lessons from genetically manipulated animal models. Eur J Med Res. 2009;14:1-6 pubmed..In adult life the ET system is most important in the cardiovascular system and plays a role in fibrotic remodelling of the heart, lung and kidney as well as in the regulation of water and salt excretion...
- Markovic D, Vinnakota K, Chirasani S, Synowitz M, Raguet H, Stock K, et al. Gliomas induce and exploit microglial MT1-MMP expression for tumor expansion. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:12530-5 pubmed publisher..Finally, MyD88 deficiency or microglia depletion largely attenuated glioma expansion in 2 independent in vivo models. ..
- Stilmann M, Hinz M, Arslan S, Zimmer A, Schreiber V, Scheidereit C. A nuclear poly(ADP-ribose)-dependent signalosome confers DNA damage-induced IkappaB kinase activation. Mol Cell. 2009;36:365-78 pubmed publisher..Activated PARP-1 and a PARBM in PIASy are required to trigger IKKgamma SUMOylation, which in turn permits IKK and NF-kappaB activation, as well as NF-kappaB-regulated resistance to apoptosis. ..
- Nykjaer A, Dragun D, Walther D, Vorum H, Jacobsen C, Herz J, et al. An endocytic pathway essential for renal uptake and activation of the steroid 25-(OH) vitamin D3. Cell. 1999;96:507-15 pubmed..Megalin-/- mice are unable to retrieve the steroid from the glomerular filtrate and develop vitamin D deficiency and bone disease. ..
- Forster R, Schubel A, Breitfeld D, Kremmer E, Renner Müller I, Wolf E, et al. CCR7 coordinates the primary immune response by establishing functional microenvironments in secondary lymphoid organs. Cell. 1999;99:23-33 pubmed..Thus, in order to bring together lymphocytes and dendritic cells to form the characteristic microarchitecture of secondary lymphoid organs, CCR7 is required to rapidly initiate an adoptive immune response. ..
- Burwinkel M, Schwarz A, Riemer C, Schultz J, van Landeghem F, Baier M. Rapid disease development in scrapie-infected mice deficient for CD40 ligand. EMBO Rep. 2004;5:527-31 pubmed..The stimulation of neuroprotective pathways may represent a possibility to delay therapeutically the disease onset in prion infections of the central nervous system. ..
- Nogai A, Siffrin V, Bonhagen K, Pfueller C, Hohnstein T, Volkmer Engert R, et al. Lipopolysaccharide injection induces relapses of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis in nontransgenic mice via bystander activation of autoreactive CD4+ cells. J Immunol. 2005;175:959-66 pubmed
- Hercule H, Tank J, Plehm R, Wellner M, da Costa Goncalves A, Gollasch M, et al. Regulator of G protein signalling 2 ameliorates angiotensin II-induced hypertension in mice. Exp Physiol. 2007;92:1014-22 pubmed..Our findings suggest that RGS2 deletion promotes Ang II-dependent hypertension primarily through an increase of myogenic tone and vasoreactivity, probably by sensitization of AT(1) receptors. ..
- Renko K, Werner M, Renner Müller I, Cooper T, Yeung C, Hollenbach B, et al. Hepatic selenoprotein P (SePP) expression restores selenium transport and prevents infertility and motor-incoordination in Sepp-knockout mice. Biochem J. 2008;409:741-9 pubmed..Nevertheless, local Sepp expression is required to maintain selenium content in selenium-privileged tissues such as brain and testis during dietary selenium restriction. ..
- Urban C, Ermert D, Schmid M, Abu Abed U, Goosmann C, Nacken W, et al. Neutrophil extracellular traps contain calprotectin, a cytosolic protein complex involved in host defense against Candida albicans. PLoS Pathog. 2009;5:e1000639 pubmed publisher..albicans in vivo. We showed for the first time that a proportion of calprotectin is bound to NETs in vitro and in vivo. ..
- Trimborn M, Ghani M, Walther D, Dopatka M, Dutrannoy V, Busche A, et al. Establishment of a mouse model with misregulated chromosome condensation due to defective Mcph1 function. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e9242 pubmed publisher..To the best of our knowledge this represents the first mammalian transgenic model displaying a defect in mitotic chromosome condensation and is also the first mouse model for impaired Mcph1-function. ..
- Rausch S, Held J, Stange J, Lendner M, Hepworth M, Klotz C, et al. A matter of timing: early, not chronic phase intestinal nematode infection restrains control of a concurrent enteric protozoan infection. Eur J Immunol. 2010;40:2804-15 pubmed publisher..Hence, the detrimental effect of a nematode infection on the control of a concurrent protozoan infection is transient and occurs only in the narrow time window of the early phase of infection...
- Höpken U, Droese J, Li J, Joergensen J, Breitfeld D, Zerwes H, et al. The chemokine receptor CCR7 controls lymph node-dependent cytotoxic T cell priming in alloimmune responses. Eur J Immunol. 2004;34:461-70 pubmed..Additional prolongation of graft survival was observed when hearts from CCR7(-/-) mice were used as donor organs. Our results define a key role for CCR7 in allogeneic T cell priming within the context of draining lymph nodes. ..
- Jankowski V, Vanholder R, van der Giet M, Tölle M, Karadogan S, Gobom J, et al. Mass-spectrometric identification of a novel angiotensin peptide in human plasma. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2007;27:297-302 pubmed..Plasma Ang A concentration is increased in end-stage renal failure. Because of its stronger agonism at the AT2 receptor, Ang A may modulate the harmful effects of Ang II. ..
- Lehnardt S, Wennekamp J, Freyer D, Liedtke C, Krueger C, Nitsch R, et al. TLR2 and caspase-8 are essential for group B Streptococcus-induced apoptosis in microglia. J Immunol. 2007;179:6134-43 pubmed..We suggest that TLR2- and caspase-8-mediated microglial apoptosis constitutes an autoregulatory mechanism that limits GBS-induced overactivation of the innate immune system in the CNS. ..
- Lehnardt S, Schott E, Trimbuch T, Laubisch D, Krueger C, Wulczyn G, et al. A vicious cycle involving release of heat shock protein 60 from injured cells and activation of toll-like receptor 4 mediates neurodegeneration in the CNS. J Neurosci. 2008;28:2320-31 pubmed publisher..This is the first evidence of an endogenous molecular pathway common to many forms of neuronal injury that bidirectionally links CNS inflammation with neurodegeneration. ..
- Kastner C, Pohl M, Sendeski M, Stange G, Wagner C, Jensen B, et al. Effects of receptor-mediated endocytosis and tubular protein composition on volume retention in experimental glomerulonephritis. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2009;296:F902-11 pubmed publisher..Enhanced proteolytic cleavage of ENaC points to a novel mechanism of channel activation which may involve the action of filtered plasma proteases. ..
- Dobrowolski R, Hertig G, Lechner H, Wörsdörfer P, Wulf V, Dicke N, et al. Loss of connexin43-mediated gap junctional coupling in the mesenchyme of limb buds leads to altered expression of morphogens in mice. Hum Mol Genet. 2009;18:2899-911 pubmed publisher..Besides diminished interdigital apoptosis, the decreased expression of Bmp2 in Cx43 mutants may also be involved in other morphological alterations in patients suffering from ODDD. ..
- Trimbuch T, Beed P, Vogt J, Schuchmann S, Maier N, Kintscher M, et al. Synaptic PRG-1 modulates excitatory transmission via lipid phosphate-mediated signaling. Cell. 2009;138:1222-35 pubmed publisher..Thus, we propose PRG-1 as an important player in the modulatory control of hippocampal excitability dependent on presynaptic LPA(2) receptor signaling...
- Botchkareva N, Botchkarev V, Albers K, Metz M, Paus R. Distinct roles for nerve growth factor and brain-derived neurotrophic factor in controlling the rate of hair follicle morphogenesis. J Invest Dermatol. 2000;114:314-20 pubmed..These data further strengthen the concept that neurotrophin signaling is an important element in controlling the rate of hair follicle morphogenesis, yet also highlight the complexity of this signaling system. ..