Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Berlin, Germany
Locale: Berlin, Germany
Publications919 found, 100 shown here
- Grosenick D, Wabnitz H, Moesta K, Mucke J, Schlag P, Rinneberg H. Time-domain scanning optical mammography: II. Optical properties and tissue parameters of 87 carcinomas. Phys Med Biol. 2005;50:2451-68 pubmed..Scatter power of tumours tends to be larger than that of surrounding healthy breast tissue, yet the 95% confidence intervals of both medians overlap. ..
- Schmeling A, Schulz R, Danner B, Rösing F. The impact of economic progress and modernization in medicine on the ossification of hand and wrist. Int J Legal Med. 2006;120:121-6 pubmed..When performing age estimations, the expert opinion should therefore pay attention to the issue of different modernization levels. ..
- Dorner A, Giessen S, Gaub R, Grosse Siestrup H, Schwimmbeck P, Hetzer R, et al. An isoform shift in the cardiac adenine nucleotide translocase expression alters the kinetic properties of the carrier in dilated cardiomyopathy. Eur J Heart Fail. 2006;8:81-9 pubmed..90.4 +/- 2.9 microM in controls (p < 0.03). The altered isoform expression in DCM hearts entails changes in the kinetic properties of total ANT protein restricting ANT function and contributing to disturbed energy metabolism in DCM. ..
- Koch S, Steinbrink J, Villringer A, Obrig H. Synchronization between background activity and visually evoked potential is not mirrored by focal hyperoxygenation: implications for the interpretation of vascular brain imaging. J Neurosci. 2006;26:4940-8 pubmed
- Nadulski T, Pragst F. Simple and sensitive determination of Delta(9)-tetrahydrocannabinol, cannabidiol and cannabinol in hair by combined silylation, headspace solid phase microextraction and gas chromatography-mass spectrometry. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2007;846:78-85 pubmed..12 ng/mg) using a sample amount of 30 mg. The frequently observed increase of the segmental drug concentrations from proximal to distal is explained by progressive accumulation in the hair shaft from sebum or side stream smoke. ..
- Rzany B, Dill Müller D, Grablowitz D, Heckmann M, Caird D. Repeated botulinum toxin A injections for the treatment of lines in the upper face: a retrospective study of 4,103 treatments in 945 patients. Dermatol Surg. 2007;33:S18-25 pubmed..Long-term, repeated injections of BoNT-A for corrections of wrinkles in the upper face yield a continuously high level of safety and effectiveness in actual practice. ..
- Reppe K, Tschernig T, Luhrmann A, van Laak V, Grote K, Zemlin M, et al. Immunostimulation with macrophage-activating lipopeptide-2 increased survival in murine pneumonia. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2009;40:474-81 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, pulmonary immunostimulation with MALP-2 before infection with S. pneumoniae improved local host defense and increased survival in murine pneumococcal pneumonia. ..
- Hanke K, Brückner C, Dähnrich C, Huscher D, Komorowski L, Meyer W, et al. Antibodies against PM/Scl-75 and PM/Scl-100 are independent markers for different subsets of systemic sclerosis patients. Arthritis Res Ther. 2009;11:R22 pubmed publisher..They are directed mainly to the PM/Scl-75 antigen. Consequently, the detection of anti-PM/Scl antibodies by tests based only on PM/Scl-100 as an antigen source may miss a relevant number of SSc patients positive for these antibodies. ..
- von Haehling S, Filippatos G, Papassotiriou J, Cicoira M, Jankowska E, Doehner W, et al. Mid-regional pro-adrenomedullin as a novel predictor of mortality in patients with chronic heart failure. Eur J Heart Fail. 2010;12:484-91 pubmed publisher..01). Mid-regional pro-adrenomedullin is an independent predictor of mortality in CHF patients, which adds prognostic information to NT-proBNP. ..
- ..This study only allowed up titration with a fixed LD intake every 4 h. But dyskinesia occurrence may require down titration of LD dose or delay of next LD intake. ..
- Haberland A, Wallukat G, Dahmen C, Kage A, Schimke I. Aptamer neutralization of beta1-adrenoceptor autoantibodies isolated from patients with cardiomyopathies. Circ Res. 2011;109:986-92 pubmed publisher..A specific aptamer that can neutralize cardiomyopathy associated human beta1-AABs in vitro has been identified and characterized, providing a framework for future in vivo testing of this treatment option in animal experiments. ..
- Nachtigall J, Kulik A, Helaly S, Bull A, Goodfellow M, Asenjo J, et al. Atacamycins A-C, 22-membered antitumor macrolactones produced by Streptomyces sp. C38. J Antibiot (Tokyo). 2011;64:775-80 pubmed publisher..Atacamycins A, B and C exhibited moderate inhibitory activities against the enzyme phosphodiesterase (PDE-4B2), whereas atacamycin A showed a moderate antiproliferative activity against adeno carcinoma and breast carcinoma cells. ..
- Hahn A, Michalak H, Begemann K, Meyer H, Burger R. Expert judgement of poisonings and human biomonitoring--the BfR three-level and matrix model. Int J Hyg Environ Health. 2012;215:242-6 pubmed publisher..This must be done in close co-operation with physicians, poison centres, government safety organisations, and environmental health specialists and must be based on proven expert judgement tools and available human biomonitoring data. ..
- Schulz I, Engel C, Niestroj A, Kehlen A, Rahfeld J, Kleinschmidt M, et al. A non-canonical function of eukaryotic elongation factor 1A1: regulation of interleukin-6 expression. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014;1843:965-75 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the results reveal a novel molecular mechanism for a non-canonical role of eEF1A1 in signal transduction via direct modulation of kinase-dependent phosphorylation events. ..
- Xie S, Liu C, Obermayer K, Zhu F, Wang L, Xie X, et al. Stimulator Selection in SSVEP-Based Spatial Selective Attention Study. Comput Intell Neurosci. 2016;2016:6410718 pubmed publisher..938 and 0.853 in LED and LCD mode, respectively. These results indicate that LED simulator is appropriate for evoking the SSVEP for the study of spatial selective attention. ..
- Kauhl B, Heil J, Hoebe C, Schweikart J, Krafft T, Dukers Muijrers N. Is the current pertussis incidence only the results of testing? A spatial and space-time analysis of pertussis surveillance data using cluster detection methods and geographically weighted regression modelling. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0172383 pubmed publisher..More testing would thus not necessarily improve pertussis control. Detecting outbreaks using space-time cluster detection is feasible but needs to adjust for the strong impact of testing on the detection of pertussis cases. ..
- Nicolas G, Mansi R, McDougall L, Kaufmann J, Bouterfa H, Wild D, et al. Biodistribution, Pharmacokinetics, and Dosimetry of 177Lu-, 90Y-, and 111In-Labeled Somatostatin Receptor Antagonist OPS201 in Comparison to the Agonist 177Lu-DOTATATE: The Mass Effect. J Nucl Med. 2017;58:1435-1441 pubmed publisher..Clinical studies are warranted to confirm the efficacy and advantageous toxicity profile of 177Lu-OPS201. ..
- van der Heijde D, Dougados M, LandewÃ© R, Sieper J, Maksymowych W, Rudwaleit M, et al. Sustained efficacy, safety and patient-reported outcomes of certolizumab pegol in axial spondyloarthritis: 4-year outcomes from RAPID-axSpA. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2017;56:1498-1509 pubmed publisher..ClinicalTrials.gov, http://clinicaltrials.gov, NCT01087762. ..
- Bogner U, Badenhoop K, Peters H, Schmieg D, Mayr W, Usadel K, et al. HLA-DR/DQ gene variation in nongoitrous autoimmune thyroiditis at the serological and molecular level. Autoimmunity. 1992;14:155-8 pubmed..We conclude that factors other than genetic ones explain the different immunological and clinical manifestation of chronic lymphocytic thyroiditis. ..
- Spies C. [Anesthesiologic aspects of chronic alcohol abuse]. Ther Umsch. 2000;57:261-3 pubmed
- von Marschall Z, Cramer T, Hocker M, Finkenzeller G, Wiedenmann B, Rosewicz S. Dual mechanism of vascular endothelial growth factor upregulation by hypoxia in human hepatocellular carcinoma. Gut. 2001;48:87-96 pubmed
- Schmidt H, Genschel J, Baier P, Schmidt M, Ockenga J, Tietge U, et al. Dyslipemia in familial partial lipodystrophy caused by an R482W mutation in the LMNA gene. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2001;86:2289-95 pubmed..In conclusion, dyslipemia is an early and prominent feature in the presented lipodystrophic family carrying the R482W mutation within LMNA. ..
- Kimmig S, Przybylski G, Schmidt C, Laurisch K, Möwes B, Radbruch A, et al. Two subsets of naive T helper cells with distinct T cell receptor excision circle content in human adult peripheral blood. J Exp Med. 2002;195:789-94 pubmed..We describe here the identification of peripherally expanded naive Th cells in human adult blood characterized by the loss of CD31 expression and a highly reduced TREC content. ..
- Heine C, Klingebiel R, Lehmann R. Three-dimensional MR visualization of the intracisternal course of the cranial nerves V-VIII by virtual cisternoscopy. Acta Radiol. 2002;43:242-8 pubmed..The data acquisition and post-processing protocol presented here allows comprehensive and standardized intracisternal 3D visualization of the cranial nerves V-VIII in a routine setting as a complementary imaging procedure. ..
- Aktas O, Waiczies S, Smorodchenko A, Dorr J, Seeger B, Prozorovski T, et al. Treatment of relapsing paralysis in experimental encephalomyelitis by targeting Th1 cells through atorvastatin. J Exp Med. 2003;197:725-33 pubmed..However, early T cell activation was unaffected, as reflected by unaltered calcium fluxes. Thus, our results provide evidence for a beneficial role of statins in the treatment of autoimmune attack on the CNS. ..
- Maier T, Strater N, Schuette C, Klingenstein R, Sandhoff K, Saenger W. The X-ray crystal structure of human beta-hexosaminidase B provides new insights into Sandhoff disease. J Mol Biol. 2003;328:669-81 pubmed..The structure reported here is a valid template also for the dimeric structures of beta-hexosaminidase A and S...
- Denkert C, Weichert W, Pest S, Koch I, Licht D, Köbel M, et al. Overexpression of the embryonic-lethal abnormal vision-like protein HuR in ovarian carcinoma is a prognostic factor and is associated with increased cyclooxygenase 2 expression. Cancer Res. 2004;64:189-95 pubmed..In addition, it would be interesting to investigate the prognostic role of increased cytoplasmic expression of HuR in prospective studies. ..
- Dorner T, Radbruch A. Selecting B cells and plasma cells to memory. J Exp Med. 2005;201:497-9 pubmed..How these differentiation pathways relate to each other, how cells are selected into these memory populations, and how these populations are maintained remains enigmatic. ..
- Schmeck B, Huber S, Moog K, Zahlten J, Hocke A, Opitz B, et al. Pneumococci induced TLR- and Rac1-dependent NF-kappaB-recruitment to the IL-8 promoter in lung epithelial cells. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2006;290:L730-L737 pubmed..In summary, these results suggest that S. pneumoniae activate human epithelial cells by TLR1/2 and a phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase- and Rac1-dependent NF-kappaB-recruitment to the IL-8 promoter. ..
- von Brevern M, Seelig T, Radtke A, Tiel Wilck K, Neuhauser H, Lempert T. Short-term efficacy of Epley's manoeuvre: a double-blind randomised trial. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2006;77:980-2 pubmed..001). Epley's manoeuvre is shown to resolve PC-BPPV both effectively and rapidly. ..
- Christoph F, Kempkensteffen C, Weikert S, Kollermann J, Krause H, Miller K, et al. Methylation of tumour suppressor genes APAF-1 and DAPK-1 and in vitro effects of demethylating agents in bladder and kidney cancer. Br J Cancer. 2006;95:1701-7 pubmed..In conclusion, demethylating agents effectively retard growth of TCC and RCC cell lines. Methylation level analysis of specific genes has the potential for further tumour characterisation in TCC and RCC. ..
- Hoffmann K, Sperling K, Olins A, Olins D. The granulocyte nucleus and lamin B receptor: avoiding the ovoid. Chromosoma. 2007;116:227-35 pubmed..These observations are part of a larger question on the relationships between nuclear shape and cellular function. ..
- Pape U, Grossmann S, Hammer S, Sperling S, Vingron M. A new statistical model to select target sequences bound by transcription factors. Genome Inform. 2006;17:134-40 pubmed..Two examples show the necessity of such a model as well as the superiority of the proposed method compared to standard approaches. ..
- Nitsche A, Zhang M, Clauss T, Siegert W, Brune K, Pahl A. Cytokine profiles of cord and adult blood leukocytes: differences in expression are due to differences in expression and activation of transcription factors. BMC Immunol. 2007;8:18 pubmed
- Knoll B, Goldammer M, Wojewoda A, Flügge J, Johne A, Mrozikiewicz P, et al. An anomalous haplotype distribution of the arrestin domain-containing 4 gene (ARRDC4) haplotypes in Caucasians. Genet Test. 2008;12:147-52 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, there is a great evolutionary distance between the two most common haplotypes, which could suggest a more complicated coalescent process with either past gene flow, selections, or bottlenecks. ..
- Jasny E, Eisenblatter M, Mätz Rensing K, Tenner Racz K, Tenbusch M, Schrod A, et al. IL-12-impaired and IL-12-secreting dendritic cells produce IL-23 upon CD154 restimulation. J Immunol. 2008;180:6629-39 pubmed..Reactivation of primate DCs through CD154 considerably influences their immmunostimulatory properties. This may have a substantial impact on the development of innovative vaccine approaches. ..
- Diederichs G, Link T, Marie K, Huber M, Rogalla P, Burghardt A, et al. Feasibility of measuring trabecular bone structure of the proximal femur using 64-slice multidetector computed tomography in a clinical setting. Calcif Tissue Int. 2008;83:332-41 pubmed publisher..Thus, in vivo assessment of bone architecture in addition to BMD may be feasible in clinical practice. ..
- Meyer H, Hollenbach B, Stephan C, Endermann T, Morgenthaler N, Cammann H, et al. Reduced serum selenoprotein P concentrations in German prostate cancer patients. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2009;18:2386-90 pubmed publisher..80) compared with the marker combination without SEPP (AUC 0.77) or %fPSA (AUC 0.76). We conclude that decreased SEPP concentration in serum might represent an additional valuable marker for prostate cancer diagnostics. ..
- Vöhringer M. Behavioural research, the Museum Darwinianum and evolutionism in early Soviet Russia. Hist Philos Life Sci. 2009;31:279-94 pubmed..The article will examine this medial practice in order to understand how these seemingly opposing approaches could have both been dedicated to Darwin's evolutionary theory. ..
- Braun V, Heintze C, Rufer V, Welke J, Stein T, Mehrhof F, et al. Innovative strategy for implementing chronic heart failure guidelines among family physicians in different healthcare settings in Berlin. Eur J Heart Fail. 2011;13:93-9 pubmed publisher..The problem of inadequate implementation of evidence-based therapy for CHF was partially overcome by using the reminder system, which provided participating physicians with short guideline recommendations during the intervention phase. ..
- Darvin M, Fluhr J, Meinke M, Zastrow L, Sterry W, Lademann J. Topical beta-carotene protects against infra-red-light-induced free radicals. Exp Dermatol. 2011;20:125-9 pubmed publisher..Resonance Raman spectroscopy can be used for the non-invasive measurements of carotenoids, which can be rated as marker substances of redox processes. ..
- Lehmkuhl E, Kendel F, Gelbrich G, Dunkel A, Oertelt Prigione S, Babitsch B, et al. Gender-specific predictors of early mortality after coronary artery bypass graft surgery. Clin Res Cardiol. 2012;101:745-51 pubmed publisher..Self-assessed physical functioning should be more seriously considered in preoperative risk assessment particularly in women. ..
- Stolpmann K, Brinkmann J, Salzmann S, Genkinger D, Fritsche E, Hutzler C, et al. Activation of the aryl hydrocarbon receptor sensitises human keratinocytes for CD95L- and TRAIL-induced apoptosis. Cell Death Dis. 2012;3:e388 pubmed publisher..Our data thus suggest that AhR agonists can enhance cytokine-mediated adversity upon dermal exposure. ..
- Gunzel D, Yu A. Claudins and the modulation of tight junction permeability. Physiol Rev. 2013;93:525-69 pubmed publisher..This review summarizes our current knowledge of this large protein family and discusses recent advances in our understanding of their structure and physiological functions...
- Beucke J, Sepulcre J, Talukdar T, Linnman C, Zschenderlein K, Endrass T, et al. Abnormally high degree connectivity of the orbitofrontal cortex in obsessive-compulsive disorder. JAMA Psychiatry. 2013;70:619-29 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, these data suggest that antidepressant medication may reduce connectivity within corticobasal ganglia-thalamo-cortical circuits in OCD. ..
- Schad F, Atxner J, Buchwald D, Happe A, Popp S, Kröz M, et al. Intratumoral Mistletoe (Viscum album L) Therapy in Patients With Unresectable Pancreas Carcinoma: A Retrospective Analysis. Integr Cancer Ther. 2014;13:332-40 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the application is feasible and safe, and its efficacy should be evaluated in a randomized controlled trial. ..
- Burmester G, RIGBY W, van Vollenhoven R, Kay J, Rubbert Roth A, Blanco R, et al. Tocilizumab combination therapy or monotherapy or methotrexate monotherapy in methotrexate-naive patients with early rheumatoid arthritis: 2-year clinical and radiographic results from the randomised, placebo-controlled FUNCTION trial. Ann Rheum Dis. 2017;76:1279-1284 pubmed publisher..Patients with early RA treated with TCZ monotherapy or TCZ+MTX maintained clinical benefits during their second year of treatment with no new safety signals. NCT01007435; Results. ..
- Hülsmeyer M, Fiorillo M, Bettosini F, Sorrentino R, Saenger W, Ziegler A, et al. Dual, HLA-B27 subtype-dependent conformation of a self-peptide. J Exp Med. 2004;199:271-81 pubmed
- Ricke J, Wust P, Stohlmann A, Beck A, Cho C, Pech M, et al. CT-guided interstitial brachytherapy of liver malignancies alone or in combination with thermal ablation: phase I-II results of a novel technique. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2004;58:1496-505 pubmed..CT-guided brachytherapy using three-dimensional CT data for dosimetry is safe and effective alone or in combination with LITT. Brachytherapy as a stand-alone treatment displayed genuine advantages over thermal tumor ablation. ..
- Rinneberg H, Grosenick D, Moesta K, Mucke J, Gebauer B, Stroszczynski C, et al. Scanning time-domain optical mammography: detection and characterization of breast tumors in vivo. Technol Cancer Res Treat. 2005;4:483-96 pubmed..In addition developments on instrumentation and data analysis are covered and possible improvements of optical mammography are briefly discussed. ..
- Hund M, Sinkgraven R, Rzany B. [Randomized, placebo-controlled, double blind clinical trial for the evaluation of the efficacy and safety of oral methantheliniumbromide (Vagantin) in the treatment of focal hyperhidrosis]. J Dtsch Dermatol Ges. 2004;2:343-9 pubmed..In contrast, we found no evidence for a clinically relevant diminution of palmar sweating. ..
- Hoffmeister B, Glaeser S, Flick H, Pornschlegel S, Suttorp N, Bergmann F. Cerebral toxocariasis after consumption of raw duck liver. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2007;76:600-2 pubmed..Tests for antibodies to Toxocara in serum and cerebrospinal fluid yielded highly positive results. Repeated courses of albendazole and corticosteroids led to significant clinical improvement...
- Gerstorf D, Lövdén M, Röcke C, Smith J, Lindenberger U. Well-being affects changes in perceptual speed in advanced old age: longitudinal evidence for a dynamic link. Dev Psychol. 2007;43:705-18 pubmed..Our results suggest that well-being is not only a consequence of but also a source for successful aging. The discussion focuses on conceptual implications and methodological considerations. ..
- Daskalow K, Pfander D, Weichert W, Rohwer N, Thelen A, Neuhaus P, et al. Distinct temporospatial expression patterns of glycolysis-related proteins in human hepatocellular carcinoma. Histochem Cell Biol. 2009;132:21-31 pubmed publisher..In summary, we believe our analysis warrants the validation of glycolytic inhibitors as innovative treatment approaches of human HCC. ..
- Schulzke J, Ploeger S, Amasheh M, Fromm A, Zeissig S, Troeger H, et al. Epithelial tight junctions in intestinal inflammation. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2009;1165:294-300 pubmed publisher..Immune regulation of epithelial functions by cytokines may cause barrier dysfunction not only by tight junction impairments but also by apoptotic leaks, transcytotic mechanisms, and mucosal gross lesions. ..
- Kastrup M, von Dossow V, Seeling M, Ahlborn R, Tamarkin A, Conroy P, et al. Key performance indicators in intensive care medicine. A retrospective matched cohort study. J Int Med Res. 2009;37:1267-84 pubmed
- Kliemann D, Dziobek I, Hatri A, Steimke R, Heekeren H. Atypical reflexive gaze patterns on emotional faces in autism spectrum disorders. J Neurosci. 2010;30:12281-7 pubmed publisher..These findings thereby give important insights into the social pathology of ASD, with implications for future research and interventions. ..
- Hallen L, Klein H, Stoschek C, Wehrmeyer S, Nonhoff U, Ralser M, et al. The KRAB-containing zinc-finger transcriptional regulator ZBRK1 activates SCA2 gene transcription through direct interaction with its gene product, ataxin-2. Hum Mol Genet. 2011;20:104-14 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results provide first evidence that ataxin-2 acts as a co-regulator of ZBRK1 activating its own transcription, thereby representing the first identified ZBRK1 co-activator...
- Mohnike W, Barthlen W, Mohnike K, Blankenstein O. Positron emission tomography/computed tomography diagnostics by means of fluorine-18-L-dihydroxyphenylalanine in congenital hyperinsulinism. Semin Pediatr Surg. 2011;20:23-7 pubmed publisher..3%). All the foci were excised on the basis of PET/computed tomography images. The German data demonstrate that 87% to 91% of the operated patients could be completely healed. ..
- Singer E, Elger A, Elitok S, Kettritz R, Nickolas T, Barasch J, et al. Urinary neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin distinguishes pre-renal from intrinsic renal failure and predicts outcomes. Kidney Int. 2011;80:405-14 pubmed publisher..Hence, urinary NGAL is useful in classifying and stratifying patients with established AKI. ..
- Regitz Zagrosek V, Seeland U. Sex and gender differences in myocardial hypertrophy and heart failure. Wien Med Wochenschr. 2011;161:109-16 pubmed publisher..Nevertheless, women frequently have better outcomes than men. Gender research will contribute directly to patient-oriented benefit by suggesting clinical protocols. ..
- Eurich D, Boas Knoop S, Morawietz L, Neuhaus R, Somasundaram R, Ruehl M, et al. Association of mannose-binding lectin-2 gene polymorphism with the development of hepatitis C-induced hepatocellular carcinoma. Liver Int. 2011;31:1006-12 pubmed publisher..002). Mannose-binding lectin-2 polymorphism seems to be involved in the development of pretransplant HCV-induced HCC and should be further investigated as potential risk factor for HCV-associated carcinogenesis. ..
- Rellecke J, Sommer W, Schacht A. Does processing of emotional facial expressions depend on intention? Time-resolved evidence from event-related brain potentials. Biol Psychol. 2012;90:23-32 pubmed publisher..Moreover, an independent component analyses (ICA) showed that EPN and LPC activity occurred simultaneously, indicating perceptual and higher cognitive emotion encoding to occur in parallel. ..
- Kulke D, Krucken J, Welz C, von Samson Himmelstjerna G, Harder A. In vivo efficacy of the anthelmintic tribendimidine against the cestode Hymenolepis microstoma in a controlled laboratory trial. Acta Trop. 2012;123:78-84 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the differences between tribendimidine and deacylated amidantel indicate at least a strong difference in sensitivity of H. microstoma or a strong difference in drug availability...
- Herse F, LaMarca B, Hubel C, Kaartokallio T, Lokki A, Ekholm E, et al. Cytochrome P450 subfamily 2J polypeptide 2 expression and circulating epoxyeicosatrienoic metabolites in preeclampsia. Circulation. 2012;126:2990-9 pubmed publisher..Our data implicate CYP2J2 in the pathogenesis of preeclampsia and as a potential candidate for the disturbed uteroplacental remodeling, leading to hypertension and endothelial dysfunction. ..
- Winzer K, Bellach J, Hufnagl P. Long-term analysis to objectify the tumour grading by means of automated microscopic image analysis of the nucleolar organizer regions (AgNORs) in the case of breast carcinoma. Diagn Pathol. 2013;8:56 pubmed publisher..This consists of a selective representation of argyrophilic proteins that are associated with the nucleolus organising regions...
- Ullah M, Stich S, Notter M, Eucker J, Sittinger M, Ringe J. Transdifferentiation of mesenchymal stem cells-derived adipogenic-differentiated cells into osteogenic- or chondrogenic-differentiated cells proceeds via dedifferentiation and have a correlation with cell cycle arresting and driving genes. Differentiation. 2013;85:78-90 pubmed publisher..Regarding clinical use, the knowledge of potency and underlying mechanisms are prerequisites. ..
- Mergler S, Mertens C, Valtink M, Reinach P, Székely V, Slavi N, et al. Functional significance of thermosensitive transient receptor potential melastatin channel 8 (TRPM8) expression in immortalized human corneal endothelial cells. Exp Eye Res. 2013;116:337-49 pubmed publisher..Taken together, functional TRPM8 expression in HCEC-12 and freshly dissociated HCEC suggests that HCE function can adapt to thermal variations through activation of this channel subtype. ..
- Wanke E, Arendt M, Mill H, Koch F, Davenport J, Fischer A, et al. The theatrical stage as accident site in professional dance. Med Probl Perform Art. 2014;29:32-6 pubmed publisher..The "risk" of on-stage work is spread across various factors that seem to be stage-specific. There is a need for further qualitative and quantitative research to be able to classify the stage as workplace more precisely. ..
- Arouche Delaperche L, Allenbach Y, Amelin D, Preusse C, Mouly V, Mauhin W, et al. Pathogenic role of anti-signal recognition protein and anti-3-Hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-CoA reductase antibodies in necrotizing myopathies: Myofiber atrophy and impairment of muscle regeneration in necrotizing autoimmune myopathies. Ann Neurol. 2017;81:538-548 pubmed publisher..This emphasizes the potential interest of targeted therapies addressing these mechanisms. Ann Neurol 2017;81:538-548. ..
- Biering H, Bohner G, Strasburger C. [Autoimmune hypophysitis--two case reports]. Dtsch Med Wochenschr. 2005;130:2826-8 pubmed..For this reason it appears desirable to create a central register to collect and to evaluate the course of disease in patients with autoimmune hypophysitis. ..
- Krohn M, Grieser C, Weichert W, Pascher A, Denecke T. Well-differentiated neuroendocrine carcinoma mimicking an echinococcus cyst of the liver in CT-MRI findings with hepatocyte specific contrast material. J Gastrointestin Liver Dis. 2011;20:439-42 pubmed
- Lilie B, Grimmer I. [Age and development related changes in counseling priorities for pediatric home visits]. Arztl Jugendkd. 1990;81:235-9 pubmed..Examples are given of age-adjusted stimulation of development for one-year-old children. They are based on results of empirical investigations conducted between 1984 and 1987. ..
- Schurmann D, Ruf B, Pfannkuch F, Horbach I, Pohle H. Fatal legionellosis in patients with malignant hematologic diseases. Blut. 1988;56:27-31 pubmed..In view of the common occurrence of relapses of Legionella pneumonia, antibiotic therapy should be continued for an extended period...
- Kasper G, Taudien S, Staub E, Mennerich D, Rieder M, Hinzmann B, et al. Different structural organization of the encephalopsin gene in man and mouse. Gene. 2002;295:27-32 pubmed..e. the number of genes within a certain cluster may differ between man and mouse. OPN3 provides an exception to this rule, since it is positionally uncoupled from other genes of the opsin family. ..
- Fischbach F, Lehmann T, Ricke J, Bruhn H. Vascular compression in glossopharyngeal neuralgia: demonstration by high-resolution MRI at 3 tesla. Neuroradiology. 2003;45:810-1 pubmed..The MRI findings were confirmed at curative surgery. ..
- Chaitidis P, O Donnell V, Kuban R, Bermudez Fajardo A, Ungethuem U, Kuhn H. Gene expression alterations of human peripheral blood monocytes induced by medium-term treatment with the TH2-cytokines interleukin-4 and -13. Cytokine. 2005;30:366-77 pubmed..These data suggest that medium-term treatment of human peripheral blood monocytes with interleukins-4/13 alters the gene expression pattern so that the cells might adopt a resolving phenotype. ..
- Ludemann L, Grieger W, Wurm R, Wust P, Zimmer C. Quantitative measurement of leakage volume and permeability in gliomas, meningiomas and brain metastases with dynamic contrast-enhanced MRI. Magn Reson Imaging. 2005;23:833-41 pubmed..Perfusion was shown to increase linearly with blood volume for volumes of up to 20%, flattening out thereafter. The scatter plots of extravascular extracellular volume and blood volume were shown to differ among the tumor entities...
- Rapp M, Gerstorf D, Helmchen H, Smith J. Depression predicts mortality in the young old, but not in the oldest old: results from the Berlin Aging Study. Am J Geriatr Psychiatry. 2008;16:844-52 pubmed publisher..Depression is a significant risk factor for all-cause mortality in old age, yet the risk conveyed by depression does not hold in very old age. Possible underlying mechanisms in the very old are discussed. ..
- Schoenfeld H, Bulling K, von Heymann C, Neuner B, Kalus U, Kiesewetter H, et al. Evaluation of immunohematologic routine methods using the new erythrocyte-magnetized technology on the QWALYS 2 system. Transfusion. 2009;49:1347-52 pubmed publisher..The rate of false-positive reactions in ABS due to lipemic and fibrinic samples needs to be reduced. ..
- Diril M, Schmidt S, Krauss M, Gawlik V, Joost H, Schurmann A, et al. Lysosomal localization of GLUT8 in the testis--the EXXXLL motif of GLUT8 is sufficient for its intracellular sorting via AP1- and AP2-mediated interaction. FEBS J. 2009;276:3729-43 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we suggest a potential role for GLUT8 in the so far unexplored substrate transport across intracellular membranes. ..
- Eppinger B, Hämmerer D, Li S. Neuromodulation of reward-based learning and decision making in human aging. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2011;1235:1-17 pubmed publisher..Studying adaptive regulation of behavior across the adult life span may shed new light on how the aging brain changes functionally in response to its diminishing resources. ..
- Graser Y, El Fari M, Vilgalys R, Kuijpers A, de Hoog G, Presber W, et al. Phylogeny and taxonomy of the family Arthrodermataceae (dermatophytes) using sequence analysis of the ribosomal ITS region. Med Mycol. 1999;37:105-14 pubmed..Weighting of transversions over transitions did not improve the status of poorly supported branches of the tree...
- Rothschild M, Raatschen H, Schneider V. Suicide by self-immolation in Berlin from 1990 to 2000. Forensic Sci Int. 2001;124:163-6 pubmed..The blood had a mean 21% carboxyhemoglobin concentration and 0.07 microg/ml of cyanide. Suicide by self-immolation was committed under the influence of drugs in nine cases and of alcohol in 11 cases. ..
- Kayser K, Dünnwald D, Kazmierczak B, Bullerdiek J, Kaltner H, Zick Y, et al. Chromosomal aberrations, profiles of expression of growth-related markers including galectins and environmental hazards in relation to the incidence of chondroid pulmonary hamartomas. Pathol Res Pract. 2003;199:589-98 pubmed..These results contribute to the definition of biochemical characteristics in hamartomas and can be useful for distinguishing them from chronic degenerative disorders. ..
- Engeli S, Böhnke J, Feldpausch M, Gorzelniak K, Heintze U, Janke J, et al. Regulation of 11beta-HSD genes in human adipose tissue: influence of central obesity and weight loss. Obes Res. 2004;12:9-17 pubmed
- Belkner J, Chaitidis P, Stender H, Gerth C, Kuban R, Yoshimoto T, et al. Expression of 12/15-lipoxygenase attenuates intracellular lipid deposition during in vitro foam cell formation. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2005;25:797-802 pubmed..Expression of this lipid-peroxidizing enzyme may impact both lipid uptake and intracellular lipid turnover. These data provide a plausible explanation for the antiatherogenic effect of 12/15-LOX in rabbit atherosclerosis models. ..