Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on halobacterium in Berlin, Germany
Locale: Berlin, Germany
- Bergmann U, Arndt E. Evidence for an additional archaebacterial gene cluster in Halobacterium marismortui encoding ribosomal proteins HL46e and HL30. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1990;1050:56-60 pubmed..An equivalent to this HL46e/HL30 operon is apparently not present in Escherichia coli. ..
- Arndt E, Weigel C. Nucleotide sequence of the genes encoding the L11, L1, L10 and L12 equivalent ribosomal proteins from the archaebacterium Halobacterium marismortui. Nucleic Acids Res. 1990;18:1285 pubmed
- Köpke A, Baier G, Wittmann Liebold B. An archaebacterial gene from Methanococcus vannielii encoding a protein homologous to the ribosomal protein L10 family. FEBS Lett. 1989;247:167-72 pubmed..This is not the case for the E. coli proteins but was also observed for the human, Halobacterium and Sulfolobus proteins. ..
- Kimura M, Kimura J, Hatakeyama T. Amino acid sequences of ribosomal proteins S11 from Bacillus stearothermophilus and S19 from Halobacterium marismortui. Comparison of the ribosomal protein S11 family. FEBS Lett. 1988;240:15-20 pubmed..The halophilic protein S19 is more related to the eukaryotic (45-49%) than to the eubacterial counterparts (35%). ..
- Engemann S, Noelle R, Herfurth E, Briesemeister U, Grelle G, Wittmann Liebold B. Cartography of ribosomal proteins of the 30S subunit from the halophilic Haloarcula marismortui and complete sequence analysis of protein HS26. Eur J Biochem. 1995;234:24-31 pubmed..marismortui. Therefore, it seems to be unlikely that this protein is a real constituent of the H. marismortui ribosome. ..