Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cysteine endopeptidases in Berlin, Germany
Locale: Berlin, Germany
Topic: cysteine endopeptidases
- Biederer T, Volkwein C, Sommer T. Degradation of subunits of the Sec61p complex, an integral component of the ER membrane, by the ubiquitin-proteasome pathway. EMBO J. 1996;15:2069-76 pubmed..The process is proposed to be specific for unassembled Sec61p and Sss1p. Thus, our results suggest that one pathway of ER degradation of abnormal or unassembled membrane proteins is initiated at the cytoplasmic side of the ER. ..
- Biederer T, Volkwein C, Sommer T. Role of Cue1p in ubiquitination and degradation at the ER surface. Science. 1997;278:1806-9 pubmed
- Staack A, Tolic D, Kristiansen G, Schnorr D, Loening S, Jung K. Expression of cathepsins B, H, and L and their inhibitors as markers of transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder. Urology. 2004;63:1089-94 pubmed..Increased cathepsin concentrations in the supernatant of the poorly differentiated J82 carcinoma cell culture, as well as in cancerous bladder tissue, are indicative of a proteolytic imbalance and potential indicators of bladder cancer. ..
- Meusser B, Sommer T. Vpu-mediated degradation of CD4 reconstituted in yeast reveals mechanistic differences to cellular ER-associated protein degradation. Mol Cell. 2004;14:247-58 pubmed..In contrast, the cellular ER-associated protein degradation pathway can transport ER-lumenal parts of CD4 into the cytoplasm before ubiquitination and extraction of the membrane anchor. ..
- Lehmann A, Janek K, Braun B, Kloetzel P, Enenkel C. 20 S proteasomes are imported as precursor complexes into the nucleus of yeast. J Mol Biol. 2002;317:401-13 pubmed..Our data suggest that nuclear 20 S proteasomes are finally matured inside the nucleus. ..
- Peters B, Bulik S, Tampe R, van Endert P, Holzhütter H. Identifying MHC class I epitopes by predicting the TAP transport efficiency of epitope precursors. J Immunol. 2003;171:1741-9 pubmed
- Rocken C, Fändrich M, Stix B, Tannert A, Hortschansky P, Reinheckel T, et al. Cathepsin protease activity modulates amyloid load in extracerebral amyloidosis. J Pathol. 2006;210:478-87 pubmed..CathL was identified as an amyloid-promoting and CathK as an amyloid-retarding cysteine protease. CathB may only modulate the primary structure of the amyloid peptide without affecting amyloid load. ..
- Morawietz L, Martinez Gamboa L, Scheffler S, Hausdorf G, Dankof A, Kuckelkorn U, et al. Expression of proteasomal immunosubunit beta1i is dysregulated in inflammatory infiltrates of minor salivary glands in Sjogren's syndrome. J Rheumatol. 2009;36:2694-703 pubmed publisher..Minor salivary gland specimens were analyzed to investigate dysregulation of the proteasome system in patients with Sjögren's syndrome (SS) and patients with sicca syndrome...
- Kayser K, Richter N, Hufnagl P, Kayser G, Kos J, Werle B. Expression, proliferation activity and clinical significance of cathepsin B and cathepsin L in operated lung cancer. Anticancer Res. 2003;23:2767-72 pubmed
- Gille C, Goede A, Schl etelburg C, Preissner R, Kloetzel P, G bel U, et al. A comprehensive view on proteasomal sequences: implications for the evolution of the proteasome. J Mol Biol. 2003;326:1437-48 pubmed..The structure-based multiple proteasomal alignment of 433 sequences from 143 organisms can be downloaded from the URL dagger and will be updated regularly...
- Lenk U, Yu H, Walter J, Gelman M, Hartmann E, Kopito R, et al. A role for mammalian Ubc6 homologues in ER-associated protein degradation. J Cell Sci. 2002;115:3007-14 pubmed..Similarly, we describe that the expression level of Ubc6p in yeast is also critical for ERAD, suggesting that the Ubc6p function is highly conserved from yeast to mammals. ..
- Zaiss D, Standera S, Holzhutter H, Kloetzel P, Sijts A. The proteasome inhibitor PI31 competes with PA28 for binding to 20S proteasomes. FEBS Lett. 1999;457:333-8 pubmed..Furthermore our data demonstrate that PI31 is a potent competitor of PA28-mediated activation. ..
- Seeger M, Kraft R, Ferrell K, Bech Otschir D, Dumdey R, Schade R, et al. A novel protein complex involved in signal transduction possessing similarities to 26S proteasome subunits. FASEB J. 1998;12:469-78 pubmed..Considering the putative role of the complex in signal transduction and its widespread occurrence, we suggest the name JAB1-containing signalosome. ..
- Stohwasser R, Standera S, Peters I, Kloetzel P, Groettrup M. Molecular cloning of the mouse proteasome subunits MC14 and MECL-1: reciprocally regulated tissue expression of interferon-gamma-modulated proteasome subunits. Eur J Immunol. 1997;27:1182-7 pubmed..The impact of a regulated reciprocal tissue expression is discussed with respect to thymic selection and the induction of tolerance in potentially autoreactive T cells. ..
- R hlmann J, Wittmann Liebold B, J rgens D, Fehrenbach F. Complete amino acid sequence of protein B. FEBS Lett. 1988;235:262-6 pubmed..The protein contains 226 amino acids and has an Mr of 25,263. The sequence was compared with sequences of other Fc-binding proteins and partial sequence homology was found between protein B and the Fc-binding region of protein A...
- Keck S, Nitsch R, Grune T, Ullrich O. Proteasome inhibition by paired helical filament-tau in brains of patients with Alzheimer's disease. J Neurochem. 2003;85:115-22 pubmed..As this inhibition of proteasome activity was sufficient to induce neuronal degeneration and death, we suggest that PHF-tau is able directly to induce neuronal damage in the AD brain. ..
- Krappmann D, Wulczyn F, Scheidereit C. Different mechanisms control signal-induced degradation and basal turnover of the NF-kappaB inhibitor IkappaB alpha in vivo. EMBO J. 1996;15:6716-26 pubmed..This finding is important for understanding alternative modes of controlling NF-kappaB activity. ..
- Stohwasser R, Kuckelkorn U, Kraft R, Kostka S, Kloetzel P. 20S proteasome from LMP7 knock out mice reveals altered proteolytic activities and cleavage site preferences. FEBS Lett. 1996;383:109-13 pubmed..Since LMP7 deficiency also affects the cleavage site preference of 20S proteasomes the reduced MHC class I antigen presentation of LMP7 knock out mice is most likely due to an impairment in peptide generation. ..
- Groettrup M, Soza A, Eggers M, Kuehn L, Dick T, Schild H, et al. A role for the proteasome regulator PA28alpha in antigen presentation. Nature. 1996;381:166-8 pubmed..These results demonstrate a fundamental in vivo function for PA28alpha in antigen processing. ..