Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cho cells in Berlin, Germany
Locale: Berlin, Germany
Topic: cho cells
- Apelt J, Ligneau X, Pertz H, Arrang J, Ganellin C, Schwartz J, et al. Development of a new class of nonimidazole histamine H(3) receptor ligands with combined inhibitory histamine N-methyltransferase activity. J Med Chem. 2002;45:1128-41 pubmed
- Wenzel K, Wallukat G, Qadri F, Hubner N, Schulz H, Hummel O, et al. Alpha1A-adrenergic receptor-directed autoimmunity induces left ventricular damage and diastolic dysfunction in rats. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e9409 pubmed publisher..We show that alpha(1A)-AR-AB cause diastolic dysfunction independent of hypertension, and can increase the sensitivity to Ang II. We suggest that alpha(1A)-AR-AB could contribute to cardiovascular endorgan damage. ..
- Kaup M, Saul V, Lusch A, Dörsing J, Blanchard V, Tauber R, et al. Construction and analysis of a novel peptide tag containing an unnatural N-glycosylation site. FEBS Lett. 2011;585:2372-6 pubmed publisher..This demonstrates that the novel GlycoTag is a convenient tool to provide proteins with extra N-glycan moieties by simply adding a peptide tag sequence as small as 22 amino acids. ..
- Nederpelt I, Georgi V, Schiele F, Nowak Reppel K, Fernández Montalván A, Ijzerman A, et al. Characterization of 12 GnRH peptide agonists - a kinetic perspective. Br J Pharmacol. 2016;173:128-41 pubmed publisher..Our research provides new insights by incorporating kinetic, next to equilibrium, binding parameters in current research and development that can potentially improve future drug discovery targeting the GnRH receptor. ..
- Zeisig R, Stahn R, Wenzel K, Behrens D, Fichtner I. Effect of sialyl Lewis X-glycoliposomes on the inhibition of E-selectin-mediated tumour cell adhesion in vitro. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2004;1660:31-40 pubmed..4 nmol liposomal lipids/10(6) macrophages. ..
- Weidner C, de Groot J, Prasad A, Freiwald A, Quedenau C, Kliem M, et al. Amorfrutins are potent antidiabetic dietary natural products. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:7257-62 pubmed publisher..These results show that selective PPAR?-activation by diet-derived ligands may constitute a promising approach to combat metabolic disease. ..
- Thaa B, Kabatek A, Zevenhoven Dobbe J, Snijder E, Herrmann A, Veit M. Myristoylation of the arterivirus E protein: the fatty acid modification is not essential for membrane association but contributes significantly to virus infectivity. J Gen Virol. 2009;90:2704-12 pubmed publisher..Thus, E myristoylation is not required for budding of particles and probably has a function during virus entry. ..
- AndrÃ© S, Kaltner H, Kayser K, Murphy P, Gabius H. Merging carbohydrate chemistry with lectin histochemistry to study inhibition of lectin binding by glycoclusters in the natural tissue context. Histochem Cell Biol. 2016;145:185-99 pubmed publisher..Testing glycoclusters in lectin histochemistry will especially be attractive in cases of multi-target recognition (glycans, proteins and lipids) by a tissue lectin. ..
- Veit M, Engel S, Thaa B, Scolari S, Herrmann A. Lipid domain association of influenza virus proteins detected by dynamic fluorescence microscopy techniques. Cell Microbiol. 2013;15:179-89 pubmed publisher..Finally, it is described how the signals that govern domain association in transfected cells affect replication of influenza virus. ..
- Diederich S, Scholz T, Eigendorff E, Bumke Vogt C, Quinkler M, Exner P, et al. Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics of synthetic mineralocorticoids and glucocorticoids: receptor transactivation and prereceptor metabolism by 11beta-hydroxysteroid-dehydrogenases. Horm Metab Res. 2004;36:423-9 pubmed..For GC therapy directed to HSD2-expressing organs, widely used prednisolone does not seem to be the optimal recommendation. ..
- Kannicht C, Ramström M, Kohla G, Tiemeyer M, Casademunt E, Walter O, et al. Characterisation of the post-translational modifications of a novel, human cell line-derived recombinant human factor VIII. Thromb Res. 2013;131:78-88 pubmed publisher..Both the avoidance of non-human glycan structures and the achievement of complete sulfation are proposed to lower the intrinsic immunogenicity of human-cl rhFVIII compared with current rFVIII products. ..
- Biebermann H, Ambrugger P, Tarnow P, von Moers A, Schweizer U, Grueters A. Extended clinical phenotype, endocrine investigations and functional studies of a loss-of-function mutation A150V in the thyroid hormone specific transporter MCT8. Eur J Endocrinol. 2005;153:359-66 pubmed..Our findings open a wide field of possible interaction within the central nervous system and will help to understand the crucial role of MCT8 in early fetal brain development. ..
- Kirchner M, Heuer D, Meyer T. CD46-independent binding of neisserial type IV pili and the major pilus adhesin, PilC, to human epithelial cells. Infect Immun. 2005;73:3072-82 pubmed..These data support the notion that pilus-mediated gonococcal infection of epithelial cells can occur in a CD46-independent manner, thus questioning the function of CD46 as an essential pilus receptor for pathogenic neisseriae. ..
- Seidel K, Derst C, Salzmann M, Höltje M, Priller J, Markgraf R, et al. Expression of the voltage- and Ca2+-dependent BK potassium channel subunits BK?1 and BK?4 in rodent astrocytes. Glia. 2011;59:893-902 pubmed publisher..Thus, BK?4 expression in astrocytes likely participates in regulating astrocytic voltage gradients and maintaining K(+) homeostasis, hence enabling astrocytes to fulfill their complex regulatory influence on proper brain function. ..
- Gräler M, Grosse R, Kusch A, Kremmer E, Gudermann T, Lipp M. The sphingosine 1-phosphate receptor S1P4 regulates cell shape and motility via coupling to Gi and G12/13. J Cell Biochem. 2003;89:507-19 pubmed..The capacity of S1P(4) to mediate cellular responses, such as motility and shape change through Galpha(i)- and Galpha(12/13)-coupled signaling pathways may be important for its in vivo function which is currently under investigation. ..
- Popugaeva E, Witkowski P, Schlegel M, Ulrich R, Auste B, Rang A, et al. Dobrava-Belgrade hantavirus from Germany shows receptor usage and innate immunity induction consistent with the pathogenicity of the virus in humans. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e35587 pubmed publisher..However, the causative agent responsible for human illness has not been previously isolated...
- Heek T, Nikolaus J, Schwarzer R, Fasting C, Welker P, Licha K, et al. An amphiphilic perylene imido diester for selective cellular imaging. Bioconjug Chem. 2013;24:153-8 pubmed publisher..These properties make it an ideal candidate for the imaging of artificial and cellular membranes as demonstrated by biophysical studies. ..
- Krawitz P, Höchsmann B, Murakami Y, Teubner B, Krüger U, Klopocki E, et al. A case of paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria caused by a germline mutation and a somatic mutation in PIGT. Blood. 2013;122:1312-5 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that PNH can occur even in the presence of fully assembled GPI if its transfer to proteins is defective in hematopoietic stem cells. ..
- Thaa B, Siche S, Herrmann A, Veit M. Acylation and cholesterol binding are not required for targeting of influenza A virus M2 protein to the hemagglutinin-defined budozone. FEBS Lett. 2014;588:1031-6 pubmed publisher..The motifs are thus irrelevant for M2 targeting in cells. ..
- Hamann L, Alexander C, Stamme C, Zahringer U, Schumann R. Acute-phase concentrations of lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-binding protein inhibit innate immune cell activation by different LPS chemotypes via different mechanisms. Infect Immun. 2005;73:193-200 pubmed..A complete understanding of the host's mechanisms to modulate the proinflammatory effects of LPS will most likely help in the understanding of inflammation and infection and may lead to novel therapeutic intervention strategies. ..
- Küster K, Koschel A, Rohwer N, Fischer A, Wiedenmann B, Anders M. Downregulation of the coxsackie and adenovirus receptor in cancer cells by hypoxia depends on HIF-1alpha. Cancer Gene Ther. 2010;17:141-6 pubmed publisher..On the basis of these data, it may be suggested that loss of CAR in human cancer cell lines under hypoxic conditions occurs in an HIF-1alpha-dependent manner. ..
- Krawitz P, Schweiger M, Rödelsperger C, Marcelis C, Kölsch U, Meisel C, et al. Identity-by-descent filtering of exome sequence data identifies PIGV mutations in hyperphosphatasia mental retardation syndrome. Nat Genet. 2010;42:827-9 pubmed publisher..We identified homozygous or compound heterozygous mutations in PIGV in three additional families. ..
- Howard M, Murakami Y, Pagnamenta A, Daumer Haas C, Fischer B, Hecht J, et al. Mutations in PGAP3 impair GPI-anchor maturation, causing a subtype of hyperphosphatasia with mental retardation. Am J Hum Genet. 2014;94:278-87 pubmed publisher..Impairment of PGAP3 causes a subtype of hyperphosphatasia with ID, a congenital disorder of glycosylation that is also referred to as Mabry syndrome. ..
- Keil C, Gröbe T, Oei S. MNNG-induced cell death is controlled by interactions between PARP-1, poly(ADP-ribose) glycohydrolase, and XRCC1. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:34394-405 pubmed..In XRCC1-deficient cells, the same MNNG treatment caused non-apoptotic cell death without accumulation of poly(ADP-ribose). Thus, XRCC1 seems to be involved in regulating a poly(ADP-ribose)-mediated apoptotic cell death. ..
- Patzke C, Max K, Behlke J, Schreiber J, Schmidt H, Dorner A, et al. The coxsackievirus-adenovirus receptor reveals complex homophilic and heterophilic interactions on neural cells. J Neurosci. 2010;30:2897-910 pubmed publisher..The results of these functional and binding studies are correlated to a U-shaped homodimer of the complete extracellular domains of CAR detected by x-ray crystallography. ..
- Matczuk A, Kunec D, Veit M. Co-translational processing of glycoprotein 3 from equine arteritis virus: N-glycosylation adjacent to the signal peptide prevents cleavage. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:35396-405 pubmed publisher..Membrane attachment is caused by the hydrophobic C terminus of Gp3, which, however, does not span the membrane but rather attaches the protein peripherally to endoplasmic reticulum membranes...
- Huebener N, Fest S, Hilt K, Schramm A, Eggert A, Durmus T, et al. Xenogeneic immunization with human tyrosine hydroxylase DNA vaccines suppresses growth of established neuroblastoma. Mol Cancer Ther. 2009;8:2392-401 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, xenogeneic immunization with TH-derived DNA vaccines is effective against NB, and may open a new venue for a novel and effective immunotherapeutic strategy against this challenging childhood tumor. ..
- von Horsten H, Ogorek C, Blanchard V, Demmler C, Giese C, Winkler K, et al. Production of non-fucosylated antibodies by co-expression of heterologous GDP-6-deoxy-D-lyxo-4-hexulose reductase. Glycobiology. 2010;20:1607-18 pubmed publisher..The method described here should have broad practical applicability for the development of next-generation therapeutic antibodies. ..
- Brand J, Smith E, Schwefel D, Lapatsina L, Poole K, Omerbasic D, et al. A stomatin dimer modulates the activity of acid-sensing ion channels. EMBO J. 2012;31:3635-46 pubmed publisher..The assembly mode of stomatin uncovered in this study might serve as a model to understand oligomerization processes of related membrane-remodelling proteins, such as flotillin and prohibitin. ..
- Blois S, Tirado Gonzalez I, Wu J, Barrientos G, Johnson B, Warren J, et al. Early expression of pregnancy-specific glycoprotein 22 (PSG22) by trophoblast cells modulates angiogenesis in mice. Biol Reprod. 2012;86:191 pubmed publisher..In summary, our results indicate that PSG22, the most abundant PSG expressed during mouse early pregnancy, is likely a major contributor to the establishment of a successful pregnancy. ..
- Petrul H, Schatz C, Kopitz C, Adnane L, McCabe T, Trail P, et al. Therapeutic mechanism and efficacy of the antibody-drug conjugate BAY 79-4620 targeting human carbonic anhydrase 9. Mol Cancer Ther. 2012;11:340-9 pubmed publisher..These preclinical data collectively support the development of BAY 79-4620 for the treatment of cancer patients with CAIX overexpressing tumors. ..
- Jordan I, Northoff S, Thiele M, Hartmann S, Horn D, Höwing K, et al. A chemically defined production process for highly attenuated poxviruses. Biologicals. 2011;39:50-8 pubmed publisher..We have developed a fully scalable and very efficient chemically-defined production process for modified vaccinia Ankara (MVA), canarypox (CNPV, strain ALVAC) and fowlpox viruses (FPV) based on a continuous cell line...
- Griesche N, Zikos D, Witkowski P, Nitsche A, Ellerbrok H, Spiller O, et al. Growth characteristics of human adenoviruses on porcine cell lines. Virology. 2008;373:400-10 pubmed publisher..Thus, various adenovirus types of different hAdV species may be capable of infecting different porcine tissue types...
- Dassler K, Zydek M, Wandzik K, Kaup M, Fuchs H. Release of the soluble transferrin receptor is directly regulated by binding of its ligand ferritransferrin. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:3297-304 pubmed
- Schröder N, Heine H, Alexander C, Manukyan M, Eckert J, Hamann L, et al. Lipopolysaccharide binding protein binds to triacylated and diacylated lipopeptides and mediates innate immune responses. J Immunol. 2004;173:2683-91 pubmed..These results support that LBP is a pattern recognition receptor transferring a variety of bacterial ligands including the two major types of lipopeptides to CD14 present in different receptor complexes. ..
- Petzold G, Marcucci M, Butler M, van Landeghem F, Einhaupl K, Solimena M, et al. Rhabdomyolysis and paraneoplastic stiff-man syndrome with amphiphysin autoimmunity. Ann Neurol. 2004;55:286-90 pubmed..Immunotherapy induced a remission of both rhabdomyolysis and SMS symptoms. Autoimmune rhabdomyolysis may represent a paraneoplastic complication of cancer patients with amphiphysin autoimmunity...
- Mitter D, Reisinger C, Hinz B, Hollmann S, Yelamanchili S, Treiber Held S, et al. The synaptophysin/synaptobrevin interaction critically depends on the cholesterol content. J Neurochem. 2003;84:35-42 pubmed..Variations in the availability of cholesterol may promote or impair synaptic efficiency by interfering with this complex. ..