Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Hamburg, Germany
Locale: Hamburg, Germany
Publications829 found, 100 shown here
- Rolf B, Kutsche M, Bartsch U. Severe hydrocephalus in L1-deficient mice. Brain Res. 2001;891:247-52 pubmed
- Keller J, Panter H, Layer P. Management of the short bowel syndrome after extensive small bowel resection. Best Pract Res Clin Gastroenterol. 2004;18:977-92 pubmed..If young patients experience intolerable complications of parenteral nutrition, intestinal transplantation may be considered as a high risk therapy of last choice. ..
- Turner J. Glomerulonephritis therapy: is there a role for green tea?. Kidney Int. 2011;80:563-4 pubmed publisher..Their results indicate that EGCG treatment ameliorates renal inflammation, tissue damage, and loss of renal function and might therefore represent a novel therapeutic approach for human glomerulonephritis. ..
- Meyerhof W, Wulfsen I, Schönrock C, Fehr S, Richter D. Molecular cloning of a somatostatin-28 receptor and comparison of its expression pattern with that of a somatostatin-14 receptor in rat brain. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1992;89:10267-71 pubmed..In the rat cerebellum, SSR-14 and SSR-28 mRNAs are developmentally regulated; the levels of the former are highest around birth and levels of the latter are highest at the adult stage. ..
- Mpagi J, Buttner D, Tischendorf F, Erttmann K, Brattig N. Use of the recombinant Onchocerca volvulus protein Ov20/OvS1 for the immunodiagnostic differentiation between onchocerciasis and mansonelliasis and for the characterization of hyperreactive onchocerciasis (sowda). Trop Med Int Health. 2000;5:891-7 pubmed..Thus, Ov20/-OvS1 appears a promising candidate antigen for the diagnosis of onchocerciasis and in particular for the detection of the sowda type of disease. ..
- Stobrawa S, Breiderhoff T, Takamori S, Engel D, Schweizer M, Zdebik A, et al. Disruption of ClC-3, a chloride channel expressed on synaptic vesicles, leads to a loss of the hippocampus. Neuron. 2001;29:185-96 pubmed..Mice almost lacking the hippocampus survive and show several behavioral abnormalities but are still able to acquire motor skills. ..
- Wilihoeft U, Campos Góngora E, Touzni S, Bruchhaus I, Tannich E. Introns of Entamoeba histolytica and Entamoeba dispar. Protist. 2001;152:149-56 pubmed..In contrast to higher eukaryotes, amoeba introns do not contain a well-conserved branch point consensus, and have extended donor and acceptor splice sites of the sequences G ..
- Jolodar A, Fischer P, Bergmann S, Büttner D, Hammerschmidt S, Brattig N. Molecular cloning of an alpha-enolase from the human filarial parasite Onchocerca volvulus that binds human plasminogen. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2003;1627:111-20 pubmed..The recognition by antibodies in sera of O. volvulus-infected persons indicate an involvement of the protein in the interaction between the parasite and the human host...
- Rosenberger G, Kutsche K. AlphaPIX and betaPIX and their role in focal adhesion formation. Eur J Cell Biol. 2006;85:265-74 pubmed..Here, we highlight the recent findings on alpha and betaPIX and their involvement in integrin-dependent signaling and suggest models for the role of PIX proteins during focal adhesion turnover. ..
- Schwarz A, Ranft U, Piechotowski I, Childs J, Brockmann S. Risk factors for human infection with Puumala virus, southwestern Germany. Emerg Infect Dis. 2009;15:1032-9 pubmed publisher..The regression model explained 75% of the annual variation in NE incidence. The results suggest that environmental drivers lead to increasing incidence of NE infections in the southern part or even other parts of Germany. ..
- Leypoldt F, Choe C, Gelderblom M, von Leitner E, Atzler D, Schwedhelm E, et al. Dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase-1 transgenic mice are not protected from ischemic stroke. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e7337 pubmed publisher..This lack of protection is due to high basal cerebral DDAH activity, which is not further increasable by transgenic overexpression of DDAH. ..
- Wagenfeld L, Zeitz O, Skevas C, Richard G. Long-lasting endotamponades in vitreoretinal surgery. Ophthalmologica. 2010;224:291-300 pubmed publisher..This review gives an overview of longlasting endotampoandes in vitreoretinal surgery and of the indications for their usage. ..
- Hentschke M, Berneking L, Belmar Campos C, Buck F, Ruckdeschel K, Aepfelbacher M. Yersinia virulence factor YopM induces sustained RSK activation by interfering with dephosphorylation. PLoS ONE. 2010;5: pubmed publisher..Our study suggests that during Yersinia infection YopM induces sustained activation of RSK by blocking dephosphorylation of its activatory phosphorylation sites. This may represent a novel mode of action of a bacterial virulence factor. ..
- Bartsch U, Galliciotti G, Jofré G, Jankowiak W, Hagel C, Braulke T. Apoptotic photoreceptor loss and altered expression of lysosomal proteins in the nclf mouse model of neuronal ceroid lipofuscinosis. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2013;54:6952-9 pubmed publisher..The defined steps of photoreceptor degeneration suggest that nclf mice might serve as an ideal animal model for experimental therapeutic approaches aimed at attenuating vision loss in neuronal ceroid lipofuscinosis. ..
- SchÃ¤fer U, Conradi L, Diemert P, Deuschl F, Schofer N, Seiffert M, et al. Symetis ACURATE TAVI: review of the technology, developments and current data with this self-expanding transcatheter heart valve. Minerva Cardioangiol. 2015;63:359-69 pubmed..Meanwhile more than 3000 patients have been treated worldwide and additional registries are currently under investigation. ..
- Volkmer H, Hassel B, Wolff J, Frank R, Rathjen F. Structure of the axonal surface recognition molecule neurofascin and its relationship to a neural subgroup of the immunoglobulin superfamily. J Cell Biol. 1992;118:149-61 pubmed..A combination of enzymatic and chemical deglycosylation procedures and the analysis of peanut lectin binding reveals O- and N-linked carbohydrates on neurofascin components which might generate additional heterogeneity. ..
- ter Meulen J. Lassa fever: implications of T-cell immunity for vaccine development. J Biotechnol. 1999;73:207-12 pubmed
- Lellek H, Kirsten R, Diehl I, Apostel F, Buck F, Greeve J. Purification and molecular cloning of a novel essential component of the apolipoprotein B mRNA editing enzyme-complex. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:19848-56 pubmed..In rat liver, ASP is apparently associated with KSRP, which may confer stability to the editing enzyme-complex with its substrate apoB RNA serving as an additional auxiliary component. ..
- Schmucker J, Ader M, Brockschnieder D, Brodarac A, Bartsch U, Riethmacher D. erbB3 is dispensable for oligodendrocyte development in vitro and in vivo. Glia. 2003;44:67-75 pubmed..Results of both experimental approaches clearly show that erbB3 is not required for normal oligodendrocyte development and myelination. ..
- Asper M, Sternsdorf T, Hass M, Drosten C, Rhode A, Schmitz H, et al. Inhibition of different Lassa virus strains by alpha and gamma interferons and comparison with a less pathogenic arenavirus. J Virol. 2004;78:3162-9 pubmed..Both cytokines inhibit replication which is relevant for the design of antiviral strategies against Lassa fever with the aim of enhancing the IFN response...
- Gasser A, Guse A. Determination of intracellular concentrations of the TRPM2 agonist ADP-ribose by reversed-phase HPLC. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2005;821:181-7 pubmed..Intracellular ADPR concentrations in human Jurkat T-lymphocytes and murine BW5147 thymocytes were determined to be 44+/-11 microM and 73+/-11 microM, respectively. ..
- Hargus G, Cui Y, Schmid J, Xu J, Glatzel M, Schachner M, et al. Tenascin-R promotes neuronal differentiation of embryonic stem cells and recruitment of host-derived neural precursor cells after excitotoxic lesion of the mouse striatum. Stem Cells. 2008;26:1973-84 pubmed publisher..Disclosure of potential conflicts of interest is found at the end of this article. ..
- Roggenkamp D, Falkner S, Stäb F, Petersen M, Schmelz M, Neufang G. Atopic keratinocytes induce increased neurite outgrowth in a coculture model of porcine dorsal root ganglia neurons and human skin cells. J Invest Dermatol. 2012;132:1892-900 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate the impact of dermal fibroblasts and keratinocytes on skin innervation and emphasize the role of keratinocytes as key players of hyperinnervation in atopic eczema. ..
- Gelderblom M, Neumann M, Ludewig P, Bernreuther C, Krasemann S, Arunachalam P, et al. Deficiency in serine protease inhibitor neuroserpin exacerbates ischemic brain injury by increased postischemic inflammation. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e63118 pubmed publisher..Our results show excessive microglial activation in Ns(-/-) mice mediated by an increased activity of tPA. This activation results in a worse outcome further underscoring the potential detrimental proinflammatory effects of tPA. ..
- Rinschen M, Hoppe A, Grahammer F, Kann M, Völker L, Schurek E, et al. N-Degradomic Analysis Reveals a Proteolytic Network Processing the Podocyte Cytoskeleton. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2017;28:2867-2878 pubmed publisher..Thus, we provide direct and systems-level evidence that the slit diaphragm and podocyte cytoskeleton are regulated targets of proteolytic modification, which is altered upon podocyte damage. ..
- Engelmann A, Speidel D, Bornkamm G, Deppert W, Stocking C. Gadd45 beta is a pro-survival factor associated with stress-resistant tumors. Oncogene. 2008;27:1429-38 pubmed
- Timm T, Marx A, Panneerselvam S, Mandelkow E, Mandelkow E. Structure and regulation of MARK, a kinase involved in abnormal phosphorylation of Tau protein. BMC Neurosci. 2008;9 Suppl 2:S9 pubmed publisher..We are searching for low molecular weight compounds to interfere with the activity of MARK and its pathways. Here we summarize structural features of MARK and cellular pathways of regulation. ..
- Schaefer C, Fuhrhop I, Schroeder M, Viezens L, Otten J, Fiedler W, et al. Microcirculation of secondary bone tumors in vivo: the impact of minor surgery at a distal site. J Orthop Res. 2010;28:1515-21 pubmed publisher..A minor surgical intervention did not change tumor growth kinetics however microcirculatory properties were altered. Whether major surgery has an impact on tumor growth in bone should be clarified in further studies...
- Schreiner S, Wimmer P, Groitl P, Chen S, Blanchette P, Branton P, et al. Adenovirus type 5 early region 1B 55K oncoprotein-dependent degradation of cellular factor Daxx is required for efficient transformation of primary rodent cells. J Virol. 2011;85:8752-65 pubmed publisher..This further substantiates the assumption that further mechanisms for efficient transformation of primary cells can be separated from functions required for the inhibition of p53-stimulated transcription...
- Schuster A, Glassmeier G, Bauer C. Strong activation of ether-à-go-go-related gene 1 K+ channel isoforms by NS1643 in human embryonic kidney 293 and Chinese hamster ovary cells. Mol Pharmacol. 2011;80:930-42 pubmed publisher..laevis oocytes. ..
- Nesnidal M, Helmkampf M, Bruchhaus I, Hausdorf B. The complete mitochondrial genome of Flustra foliacea (Ectoprocta, Cheilostomata) - compositional bias affects phylogenetic analyses of lophotrochozoan relationships. BMC Genomics. 2011;12:572 pubmed publisher..However, our study revealed several rare genomic changes like the evolution of long intergenic sequences and changes in the structure of tRNAs, which may be helpful for reconstructing ectoproct phylogeny...
- Gros S, Graeff H, Drenckhan A, Kurschat N, Blessmann M, Rawnaq T, et al. CXCR4/SDF-1?-mediated chemotaxis in an in vivo model of metastatic esophageal carcinoma. In Vivo. 2012;26:711-8 pubmed
- Fiege M, Wappler F, Weisshorn R, Gerbershagen M, Kolodzie K, Schulte Am Esch J. In vitro and in vivo effects of the phosphodiesterase-III inhibitor enoximone on malignant hyperthermia-susceptible swine. Anesthesiology. 2003;98:944-9 pubmed..Enoximone does not trigger MH in genetically determined swine. However, enoximone might be useful for in vitro diagnosis of MH. ..
- Bechtle S, Ozcoban H, Lilleodden E, Huber N, Schreyer A, Swain M, et al. Hierarchical flexural strength of enamel: transition from brittle to damage-tolerant behaviour. J R Soc Interface. 2012;9:1265-74 pubmed publisher..Both properties decrease with increasing hierarchical dimension along with a switch in mechanical behaviour from linear-elastic to elastic-inelastic. We found Gao's model matched the results very well. ..
- Drenckhan A, Kurschat N, Dohrmann T, Raabe N, Koenig A, Reichelt U, et al. Effective inhibition of metastases and primary tumor growth with CTCE-9908 in esophageal cancer. J Surg Res. 2013;182:250-6 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to evaluate the effect of the CXCR4 antagonist CTCE-9908 on metastatic homing and primary tumor growth in vitro and in vivo in an orthotopic xenograft model of esophageal cancer...
- Heine C, Quitsch A, Storch S, Martin Y, Lonka L, Lehesjoki A, et al. Topology and endoplasmic reticulum retention signals of the lysosomal storage disease-related membrane protein CLN6. Mol Membr Biol. 2007;24:74-87 pubmed..Additionally, the ability of CLN6 to homodimerize may also prevent exit from the ER via an interaction with membrane-associated factors. ..
- Bukalo O, Schachner M, Dityatev A. Modification of extracellular matrix by enzymatic removal of chondroitin sulfate and by lack of tenascin-R differentially affects several forms of synaptic plasticity in the hippocampus. Neuroscience. 2001;104:359-69 pubmed..Our data demonstrate that tenascin-R and chondroitin sulfate proteoglycans differentially modulate several forms of synaptic plasticity, suggesting that different mechanisms are involved. ..
- Kraunus J, Schaumann D, Meyer J, Modlich U, Fehse B, Brandenburg G, et al. Self-inactivating retroviral vectors with improved RNA processing. Gene Ther. 2004;11:1568-78 pubmed
- Struck N, de Souza Dias S, Langer C, Marti M, Pearce J, Cowman A, et al. Re-defining the Golgi complex in Plasmodium falciparum using the novel Golgi marker PfGRASP. J Cell Sci. 2005;118:5603-13 pubmed..Taken together our results define the Golgi apparatus in Plasmodium and depict the morphological organisation of the organelle throughout the asexual life cycle of the parasite. ..
- Lepenies B, Gaworski I, Tartz S, Langhorne J, Fleischer B, Jacobs T. CTLA-4 blockade differentially influences the outcome of non-lethal and lethal Plasmodium yoelii infections. Microbes Infect. 2007;9:687-94 pubmed..In contrast, blockade of CTLA-4 during infection with a P. yoelii strain exhibiting a higher parasitemia induced markedly increased serum-levels of TNF-alpha, which was associated with severe inflammation and reduced survival. ..
- El Armouche A, Pohlmann L, Schlossarek S, Starbatty J, Yeh Y, Nattel S, et al. Decreased phosphorylation levels of cardiac myosin-binding protein-C in human and experimental heart failure. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2007;43:223-9 pubmed..Thus, the compromised contractile function of the failing heart might be in part attributable to reduced cMyBP-C phosphorylation levels. ..
- Benten D, Keller G, Quaas A, Schrader J, Gontarewicz A, Balabanov S, et al. Aurora kinase inhibitor PHA-739358 suppresses growth of hepatocellular carcinoma in vitro and in a xenograft mouse model. Neoplasia. 2009;11:934-44 pubmed..Thus, targeting aurora kinases with PHA-739358 is a promising therapeutic strategy administered alone or in combination with sorafenib for patients with advanced stages of HCC. ..
- Devanathan V, Jakovcevski I, Santuccione A, Li S, Lee H, Peles E, et al. Cellular form of prion protein inhibits Reelin-mediated shedding of Caspr from the neuronal cell surface to potentiate Caspr-mediated inhibition of neurite outgrowth. J Neurosci. 2010;30:9292-305 pubmed publisher..Thus, we reveal a previously unrecognized role for Caspr and PrP in inhibitory modulation of neurite outgrowth in CNS neurons, which is counterbalanced by the proteolytic activity of Reelin. ..
- Vierk R, Glassmeier G, Zhou L, Brandt N, Fester L, Dudzinski D, et al. Aromatase inhibition abolishes LTP generation in female but not in male mice. J Neurosci. 2012;32:8116-26 pubmed publisher..Our data strongly suggest that impairment of LTP, followed by loss of mushroom spines and spine synapses in females, may have implications for memory deficits in women treated with letrozole. ..
- Hermey G, Mahlke C, Gutzmann J, Schreiber J, Blüthgen N, Kuhl D. Genome-wide profiling of the activity-dependent hippocampal transcriptome. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e76903 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our study provides a comprehensive analysis of the transcriptomic response to neuronal activity and sheds new light on expression kinetics and alternative splicing events. ..
- Oliveira Ferrer L, Rosler K, Haustein V, Schroder C, Wicklein D, Maltseva D, et al. c-FOS suppresses ovarian cancer progression by changing adhesion. Br J Cancer. 2014;110:753-63 pubmed publisher..In addition to its known pro-apoptotic effect, c-FOS might influence OvCa progression by changing the adhesion of OvCa cells to peritoneal surfaces. ..
- Herbarth B, Pingault V, Bondurand N, Kuhlbrodt K, Hermans Borgmeyer I, Puliti A, et al. Mutation of the Sry-related Sox10 gene in Dominant megacolon, a mouse model for human Hirschsprung disease. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:5161-5 pubmed
- Pusch M, Jordt S, Stein V, Jentsch T. Chloride dependence of hyperpolarization-activated chloride channel gates. J Physiol. 1999;515 ( Pt 2):341-53 pubmed..In contrast to the depolarization-activated fast gates of ClC-0 and ClC-1, the absence of Cl- favours channel opening. Lysine 556 may be important for the relevant binding site. ..
- Albrecht C, von Der Kammer H, Mayhaus M, Klaudiny J, Schweizer M, Nitsch R. Muscarinic acetylcholine receptors induce the expression of the immediate early growth regulatory gene CYR61. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:28929-36 pubmed..Our results establish that CYR61 expression in mammalian brain is under the control of cholinergic neurotransmission; it may thus be involved in cholinergic regulation of synaptic plasticity. ..
- Liebau E, Eschbach M, Tawe W, Sommer A, Fischer P, Walter R, et al. Identification of a stress-responsive Onchocerca volvulus glutathione S-transferase (Ov-GST-3) by RT-PCR differential display. Mol Biochem Parasitol. 2000;109:101-10 pubmed..The present study clearly demonstrates that Ov-GST-3 is a critical enzyme in the defense against oxidative stress. ..
- Hoerauf A, Büttner D, Adjei O, Pearlman E. Onchocerciasis. BMJ. 2003;326:207-10 pubmed
- Schilling A, Schinke T, Münch C, Gebauer M, Niemeier A, Priemel M, et al. Increased bone formation in mice lacking apolipoprotein E. J Bone Miner Res. 2005;20:274-82 pubmed..The specific induction of ApoE gene expression during osteoblast differentiation along with the increased bone formation rate observed in ApoE-deficient mice shows that ApoE has a physiologic role as a regulator of osteoblast function. ..
- Panning M, Wichmann D, Grywna K, Annan A, Wijesinghe S, Kularatne S, et al. No evidence of chikungunya virus and antibodies shortly before the outbreak on Sri Lanka. Med Microbiol Immunol. 2009;198:103-6 pubmed publisher..However, no evidence of acute or previous chikungunya infection could be demonstrated in the same cohort. This study gives formal evidence that the absence of human population immunity correlated with a large chikungunya epidemic. ..
- Lenz T, Wells K, Pfeiffer M, Sommer S. Diverse MHC IIB allele repertoire increases parasite resistance and body condition in the Long-tailed giant rat (Leopoldamys sabanus). BMC Evol Biol. 2009;9:269 pubmed publisher..More specifically, the potential negative relation between individual allele divergence and number of parasite species is in line with the 'divergent allele advantage' hypothesis. ..
- Jönsson F, Gurniak C, Fleischer B, Kirfel G, Witke W. Immunological responses and actin dynamics in macrophages are controlled by N-cofilin but are independent from ADF. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e36034 pubmed publisher..Our data identify n-cofilin as a novel regulator of antigen presentation, while ADF on the other hand is dispensable for macrophage motility and antigen presentation. ..
- Harder L, Eschenburg G, Zech A, Kriebitzsch N, Otto B, Streichert T, et al. Aberrant ZNF423 impedes B cell differentiation and is linked to adverse outcome of ETV6-RUNX1 negative B precursor acute lymphoblastic leukemia. J Exp Med. 2013;210:2289-304 pubmed publisher..Our work demonstrates that ALL is more than a genetic disease and that epigenetics may uncover novel mechanisms of disease with prognostic implications. ..
- Dalla S, Swarts H, Koenderink J, Dobler S. Amino acid substitutions of Na,K-ATPase conferring decreased sensitivity to cardenolides in insects compared to mammals. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2013;43:1109-15 pubmed publisher..Obviously, the intense selection pressure on cardenolide exposed insects has resulted in very efficient substitutions that decrease cardenolide sensitivity extremely. ..
- Rohr I, Tuch K. Effects of short-term treatment with an H+,K(+)-ATPase inhibitor (B8301-078) on enterochromaffin-like (ECL) cells in rat fundic mucosa. Toxicol Pathol. 1992;20:141-5 pubmed..After 14 and 29 days the granular depletion was less pronounced. The cells were, therefore, detectable again by light microscopy...
- Koch Nolte F, Klein J, Hollmann C, Kuhl M, Haag F, Gaskins H, et al. Defects in the structure and expression of the genes for the T cell marker Rt6 in NZW and (NZB x NZW)F1 mice. Int Immunol. 1995;7:883-90 pubmed..abstract truncated at 250 words) ..
- Olias G, Richter D, Schmale H. Heterologous expression of human vasopressin-neurophysin precursors in a pituitary cell line: defective transport of a mutant protein from patients with familial diabetes insipidus. DNA Cell Biol. 1996;15:929-35 pubmed..These results suggest that the mutation within the conserved part of NP alters the conformation of the precursor and thus triggers its retention in the ER. ..
- Greeve I, Hermans Borgmeyer I, Brellinger C, Kasper D, Gomez Isla T, Behl C, et al. The human DIMINUTO/DWARF1 homolog seladin-1 confers resistance to Alzheimer's disease-associated neurodegeneration and oxidative stress. J Neurosci. 2000;20:7345-52 pubmed..Decreased expression of seladin-1 in specific neurons may be a cause for selective vulnerability in AD. ..
- Herrmann D, Hatta M, Hoffmeister Ullerich S. Thypedin, the multi copy precursor for the hydra peptide pedin, is a beta-thymosin repeat-like domain containing protein. Mech Dev. 2005;122:1183-93 pubmed publisher..Since actin polymerisation and depolymerisation processes are known to take place during morphogenetic processes, these findings may hint at new aspects of the function of pedin and its precursor in pattern formation in hydra...
- Schreiber N, Brattig N, Evans J, Tsiri Agbenyega -, Horstmann R, May J, et al. Cerebral malaria is associated with IgG2 and IgG4 antibody responses to recombinant Plasmodium falciparum RIFIN antigen. Microbes Infect. 2006;8:1269-76 pubmed..This is a new finding that may go some way towards explaining why these children are at risk of developing the life-threatening form of cerebral malaria...
- Sytnyk V, Leshchyns ka I, Nikonenko A, Schachner M. NCAM promotes assembly and activity-dependent remodeling of the postsynaptic signaling complex. J Cell Biol. 2006;174:1071-85 pubmed..Its abnormal function may contribute to the etiology of neuropsychiatric disorders associated with mutations in or abnormal expression of NCAM. ..
- Rust M, Alper S, Rudhard Y, Shmukler B, Vicente R, Brugnara C, et al. Disruption of erythroid K-Cl cotransporters alters erythrocyte volume and partially rescues erythrocyte dehydration in SAD mice. J Clin Invest. 2007;117:1708-17 pubmed..Although disruption of K-Cl cotransport rescued the dehydration phenotype of most SAD rbc, the proportion of the densest red blood cell population remained unaffected. ..
- Ebert F, Bachmann A, Nakada Tsukui K, Hennings I, Drescher B, Nozaki T, et al. An Entamoeba cysteine peptidase specifically expressed during encystation. Parasitol Int. 2008;57:521-4 pubmed publisher..The precise function of EiCP-B9 during Entamoeba encystation remains to be determined. However, colocalisation studies with an Entamoeba marker for autophagosomes suggest that EiCP-B9 is not associated with Entamoeba autophagy. ..
- Pfefferle S, Oppong S, Drexler J, Gloza Rausch F, Ipsen A, Seebens A, et al. Distant relatives of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus and close relatives of human coronavirus 229E in bats, Ghana. Emerg Infect Dis. 2009;15:1377-84 pubmed publisher..The most recent common ancestor of hCoV-229E and GhanaBt-CoVGrp1 existed in approximately 1686-1800 ad. The GhanaBt-CoVGrp2 shared an old ancestor (approximately 2,400 years) with the severe acute respiratory syndrome-like group of CoV. ..
- Wunder T, Schmid K, Wicklein D, Groitl P, Dobner T, Lange T, et al. Expression of the coxsackie adenovirus receptor in neuroendocrine lung cancers and its implications for oncolytic adenoviral infection. Cancer Gene Ther. 2013;20:25-32 pubmed publisher..With our clinically relevant tumor model, we show that xenograft experiments are warrant to test the efficiency of oncolytic adenoviral therapy. ..
- Meyer T, Surber C, French L, Stockfleth E. Resiquimod, a topical drug for viral skin lesions and skin cancer. Expert Opin Investig Drugs. 2013;22:149-59 pubmed publisher..Resiquimod may also have potential for the therapy or prevention of epithelial viral infections. ..
- Kneussel M, Wagner W. Myosin motors at neuronal synapses: drivers of membrane transport and actin dynamics. Nat Rev Neurosci. 2013;14:233-47 pubmed publisher..Accordingly, their major roles at synapses are diverse and include the regulation of actin cytoskeleton dynamics in dendritic spines and powering of synaptic cargo transport. ..
- Hirt M, Hansen A, Eschenhagen T. Cardiac tissue engineering: state of the art. Circ Res. 2014;114:354-67 pubmed publisher..The present article gives an overview of the present state of the art, bottlenecks, and perspectives of cardiac tissue engineering for cardiac repair and in vitro testing. ..
- Allweiss L, Gass S, Giersch K, Groth A, Kah J, Volz T, et al. Human liver chimeric mice as a new model of chronic hepatitis E virus infection and preclinical drug evaluation. J Hepatol. 2016;64:1033-1040 pubmed publisher..We established an efficient model of HEV infection to test the efficacy of antiviral agents and to exploit mechanisms of HEV replication and interaction with human hepatocytes in vivo. ..
- KilpelÃ¤inen T, Carli J, Skowronski A, Sun Q, Kriebel J, Feitosa M, et al. Genome-wide meta-analysis uncovers novel loci influencing circulating leptin levels. Nat Commun. 2016;7:10494 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide novel insights into the regulation of leptin production by adipose tissue and open new avenues for examining the influence of variation in leptin levels on adiposity and metabolic health. ..
- Moks K, Tilgar V, Thomson R, Calhim S, Järvistö P, Schuett W, et al. Predator encounters have spatially extensive impacts on parental behaviour in a breeding bird community. Proc Biol Sci. 2016;283:20160020 pubmed publisher..Information about predators is probably quickly spread by cues such as intra- and heterospecific alarm calls, in communities of different taxa. ..
- Lueders I, Young D, Maree L, van der Horst G, Luther I, Botha S, et al. Effects of GnRH vaccination in wild and captive African Elephant bulls (Loxodonta africana) on reproductive organs and semen quality. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0178270 pubmed publisher..After 2-4 years of continuous treatment every 5-7 months, the effects were similar to surgical castration. ..
- Hamann S, Strätling W. Specific binding of Drosophila nuclear protein PEP (protein on ecdysone puffs) to hsp70 DNA and RNA. Nucleic Acids Res. 1998;26:4108-15 pubmed..In summary, our results suggest the recognition of specific transcripts as a molecular basis for the association of the protein with specific hnRNP complexes. ..
- Schmitt N, Schwarz M, Peretz A, Abitbol I, Attali B, Pongs O. A recessive C-terminal Jervell and Lange-Nielsen mutation of the KCNQ1 channel impairs subunit assembly. EMBO J. 2000;19:332-40 pubmed..The results provide a molecular basis for the clinical observation that heterozygous JLN carriers show slight cardiac dysfunctions and that the severe JLNS phenotype is characterized by the absence of KvLQT1 channel. ..
- Stamer K, Vogel R, Thies E, Mandelkow E, Mandelkow E. Tau blocks traffic of organelles, neurofilaments, and APP vesicles in neurons and enhances oxidative stress. J Cell Biol. 2002;156:1051-63 pubmed..The data suggests a linkage between tau and APP trafficking, which may be significant in Alzheimer's disease. ..
- Drosten C, Gunther S, Preiser W, van der Werf S, Brodt H, Becker S, et al. Identification of a novel coronavirus in patients with severe acute respiratory syndrome. N Engl J Med. 2003;348:1967-76 pubmed..Infected patients showed seroconversion on the Vero cells in which the virus was isolated. The novel coronavirus might have a role in causing SARS. ..
- Tenner Racz K, Stahl Hennig C, Uberla K, Stoiber H, Ignatius R, Heeney J, et al. Early protection against pathogenic virus infection at a mucosal challenge site after vaccination with attenuated simian immunodeficiency virus. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:3017-22 pubmed..Therefore, during tonsillar SIV Delta nef vaccination, infection is blocked early at the entry portal, which we propose is due in part to innate functions of gamma delta T and dendritic cells. ..
- Scheuplein F, Schwarz N, Adriouch S, Krebs C, Bannas P, Rissiek B, et al. NAD+ and ATP released from injured cells induce P2X7-dependent shedding of CD62L and externalization of phosphatidylserine by murine T cells. J Immunol. 2009;182:2898-908 pubmed publisher..v. injection of either the surrogate ART substrate etheno-NAD or ART2.2-inhibitory single domain Abs 10 min before sacrificing mice. ..