Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mutation in Potsdam, Brandenburg, Germany
Locale: Potsdam, Brandenburg, Germany
- Konopka R, Smith R, Orr D. Characterization of Andante, a new Drosophila clock mutant, and its interactions with other clock mutants. J Neurogenet. 1991;7:103-14 pubmed..Whereas Andante flies have a dusky wing phenotype, dusky flies do not have an Andante clock phenotype. ..
- Yazdanbakhsh N, Fisahn J. Mutations in leaf starch metabolism modulate the diurnal root growth profiles of Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Signal Behav. 2011;6:995-8 pubmed..To further investigate the role of starch derived substrate deficiency on root growth, the effect of 0.05% extracellular sucrose was studied in 12 h-12 h light-dark cycles. ..
- Sammler S, Ketmaier V, Havenstein K, Krause U, Curio E, Tiedemann R. Mitochondrial control region I and microsatellite analyses of endangered Philippine hornbill species (Aves; Bucerotidae) detect gene flow between island populations and genetic diversity loss. BMC Evol Biol. 2012;12:203 pubmed publisher
- Roach G, Heath Wallace R, Cameron A, Emrah Ozel R, Hongay C, Baral R, et al. Loss of ascl1a prevents secretory cell differentiation within the zebrafish intestinal epithelium resulting in a loss of distal intestinal motility. Dev Biol. 2013;376:171-86 pubmed publisher..Loss of enteroendocrine cells reveals the critical need for enteroendocrine products in maintenance of normal intestinal motility. ..
- Bari R, Datt Pant B, Stitt M, Scheible W. PHO2, microRNA399, and PHR1 define a phosphate-signaling pathway in plants. Plant Physiol. 2006;141:988-99 pubmed
- Endler A, Schneider R, Kesten C, Lampugnani E, Persson S. The cellulose synthase companion proteins act non-redundantly with CELLULOSE SYNTHASE INTERACTING1/POM2 and CELLULOSE SYNTHASE 6. Plant Signal Behav. 2016;11:e1135281 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that the CC proteins have a broad role in aiding cellulose synthesis during environmental changes and when core complex components are non-functional. ..
- Neumann M, Mittelstädt G, Seduk F, Iobbi Nivol C, Leimkuhler S. MocA is a specific cytidylyltransferase involved in molybdopterin cytosine dinucleotide biosynthesis in Escherichia coli. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:21891-8 pubmed publisher..This work presents the first characterization of a specific enzyme involved in MCD biosynthesis in bacteria. ..
- Mutwil M, Usadel B, Schütte M, Loraine A, Ebenhöh O, Persson S. Assembly of an interactive correlation network for the Arabidopsis genome using a novel heuristic clustering algorithm. Plant Physiol. 2010;152:29-43 pubmed publisher..This approach rapidly provides network partitions with relative uniform cluster sizes on a genome-scale level and may thus be used for correlation network layouts also for other species. ..
- Espinoza C, Degenkolbe T, Caldana C, Zuther E, Leisse A, Willmitzer L, et al. Interaction with diurnal and circadian regulation results in dynamic metabolic and transcriptional changes during cold acclimation in Arabidopsis. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e14101 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate the importance of understanding cold acclimation in the correct day-night context, and are further supported by our demonstration of impaired cold acclimation in a circadian mutant. ..
- Leimu R, Fischer M. A meta-analysis of local adaptation in plants. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e4010 pubmed publisher..The clear role of population size for the ability to evolve local adaptation raises considerable doubt on the ability of small plant populations to cope with changing environments. ..
- Dahl J, Radon C, Bühning M, Nimtz M, Leichert L, Denis Y, et al. The sulfur carrier protein TusA has a pleiotropic role in Escherichia coli that also affects molybdenum cofactor biosynthesis. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:5426-42 pubmed publisher..We propose that in the absence of TusA, more IscS is available for FeS cluster biosynthesis and that the overproduction of FeS clusters leads to a modified expression of several genes. ..
- Baumann O, Lutz K. Photoreceptor morphogenesis in the Drosophila compound eye: R1-R6 rhabdomeres become twisted just before eclosion. J Comp Neurol. 2006;498:68-79 pubmed
- Leimkuhler S, Charcosset M, Latour P, Dorche C, Kleppe S, Scaglia F, et al. Ten novel mutations in the molybdenum cofactor genes MOCS1 and MOCS2 and in vitro characterization of a MOCS2 mutation that abolishes the binding ability of molybdopterin synthase. Hum Genet. 2005;117:565-70 pubmed..The mutation was expressed in vitro and was found to abolish the binding affinities of the large subunit of molybdopterin synthase (MOCS2B) for both precursor Z and the small subunit of molybdopterin synthase (MOCS2A). ..
- Ghaisari S, Winklhofer M, Strauch P, Klumpp S, Faivre D. Magnetosome Organization in Magnetotactic Bacteria Unraveled by Ferromagnetic Resonance Spectroscopy. Biophys J. 2017;113:637-644 pubmed publisher..In this way, we quantitatively characterize the magnetosome arrangement in both wild-type cells and ?mamJ mutants, which exhibit differing magnetosome organization. ..