Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on molecular cloning in Würzburg, Bavaria, Germany
Locale: Würzburg, Bavaria, Germany
Topic: molecular cloning
- Kirsch T, Nickel J, Sebald W. Isolation of recombinant BMP receptor IA ectodomain and its 2:1 complex with BMP-2. FEBS Lett. 2000;468:215-9 pubmed
- Thies F, Karch H, Hartung H, Giegerich G. The ClpB protein from Campylobacter jejuni: molecular characterization of the encoding gene and antigenicity of the recombinant protein. Gene. 1999;230:61-7 pubmed..In ELISA studies, IgA levels reactive to recombinant ClpB were significantly higher in sera of patients with prior C. jejuni infections than in sera obtained from healthy control persons. ..
- Reinhardt J, Veyhl M, Wagner K, Gambaryan S, Dekel C, Akhoundova A, et al. Cloning and characterization of the transport modifier RS1 from rabbit which was previously assumed to be specific for Na+-D-glucose cotransport. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1999;1417:131-43 pubmed..The data show that RS1 can modulate the function of transporters with non-homologous primary structures. ..
- Gehrig A, Warneke Wittstock R, Sauer C, Weber B. Isolation and characterization of the murine X-linked juvenile retinoschisis (Rs1h) gene. Mamm Genome. 1999;10:303-7 pubmed
- Pflugfelder G, Roth H, Poeck B. A homology domain shared between Drosophila optomotor-blind and mouse Brachyury is involved in DNA binding. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1992;186:918-25 pubmed..The conserved domain of Omb is here shown to possess general DNA binding affinity but has no significant similarity to recognized DNA binding motifs. ..
- G hmann S, Leimeister W chter M, Schiltz E, Goebel W, Chakraborty T. Characterization of a Listeria monocytogenes-specific protein capable of inducing delayed hypersensitivity in Listeria-immune mice. Mol Microbiol. 1990;4:1091-9 pubmed..The ImaA gene was unique to the pathogenic species L. monocytogenes and Listeria ivanovii; it was not present in any other species of the genus Listeria...
- Thäte C, Pongratz J, Konig A, Klamt B, Tsaoussidou S, Higgins M, et al. CpG island clones for chromosome 11p--a resource for mapping and gene identification. Mamm Genome. 1995;6:421-5 pubmed..Several transcribed sequences have already been isolated with some of these clones. ..
- Zimmer M, Fink T, Fischer L, Hauser W, Scherer K, Lichter P, et al. Cloning of the VASP (vasodilator-stimulated phosphoprotein) genes in human and mouse: structure, sequence, and chromosomal localization. Genomics. 1996;36:227-33 pubmed..VASP is located about 92 kb distal to ERCC1 and about 300 kb proximal to the myotonic dystrophy protein kinase gene. ..
- Kerscher S, Albert S, Wucherpfennig D, Heisenberg M, Schneuwly S. Molecular and genetic analysis of the Drosophila mas-1 (mannosidase-1) gene which encodes a glycoprotein processing alpha 1,2-mannosidase. Dev Biol. 1995;168:613-26 pubmed..These findings illustrate that the processing of N-linked glycans plays a functional role in Drosophila development. There is, however, ample evidence for genetic and biochemical redundancy in the mannose-trimming steps of this pathway. ..
- Haffner C, Jarchau T, Reinhard M, Hoppe J, Lohmann S, Walter U. Molecular cloning, structural analysis and functional expression of the proline-rich focal adhesion and microfilament-associated protein VASP. EMBO J. 1995;14:19-27 pubmed
- Stojic J, Stohr H, Weber B. Three novel ABCC5 splice variants in human retina and their role as regulators of ABCC5 gene expression. BMC Mol Biol. 2007;8:42 pubmed..In addition, at least one ABCC5 splice variant is protein-coding and produces a truncated ABCC5 protein isoform with thus far unknown functional properties in the retina. ..
- Mees A, Rock R, Ciccarelli F, Leberfinger C, Borawski J, Bork P, et al. Very-KIND is a novel nervous system specific guanine nucleotide exchange factor for Ras GTPases. Gene Expr Patterns. 2005;6:79-85 pubmed..Low expression could be detected in ovary. In situ hybridizations showed a specific expression of VKIND in neuronal cells of the granular and Purkinje cell layers of the cerebellum. ..
- Kretzschmar D, Brunner A, Wiersdorff V, Pflugfelder G, Heisenberg M, Schneuwly S. Giant lens, a gene involved in cell determination and axon guidance in the visual system of Drosophila melanogaster. EMBO J. 1992;11:2531-9 pubmed..We propose that gil encodes a new type of signalling molecule involved in the process of axon pathfinding and cell determination in the visual system of Drosophila. ..
- Flieger A, Rydzewski K, Banerji S, Broich M, Heuner K. Cloning and characterization of the gene encoding the major cell-associated phospholipase A of Legionella pneumophila, plaB, exhibiting hemolytic activity. Infect Immun. 2004;72:2648-58 pubmed..On the other hand, in view of the fact that the plaB mutant multiplied like the wild type both in U937 macrophages and in Acanthamoeba castellanii amoebae, plaB is not essential for intracellular survival of the pathogen. ..
- Kl ver N, Pfennig F, Pala I, Storch K, Schlieder M, Froschauer A, et al. Differential expression of anti-Müllerian hormone (amh) and anti-Müllerian hormone receptor type II (amhrII) in the teleost medaka. Dev Dyn. 2007;236:271-81 pubmed publisher..Only the expression level of the Amh type II receptor gene was decreased noticeably in adult female gonads. These results suggest that medaka Amh and AmhrII are involved in gonad formation and maintenance in both sexes...
- Stohr H, Mohr N, Fröhlich S, Mehdi S, Bhattacharya S, Weber B. Cloning and characterization of WDR17, a novel WD repeat-containing gene on chromosome 4q34. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2002;1579:18-25 pubmed..Sequencing of the entire coding region of WDR17 in an affected patient of the original RP29 pedigree has not revealed any disease-causing sequence variations likely excluding WDR17 as the gene underlying RP29. ..
- Koepsell H, Lips K, Volk C. Polyspecific organic cation transporters: structure, function, physiological roles, and biopharmaceutical implications. Pharm Res. 2007;24:1227-51 pubmed..Transport studies with expressed OCTs will help to optimize pharmacokinetics during development of new drugs. ..
- Stohr H, Mah N, Schulz H, Gehrig A, Frohlich S, Weber B. EST mining of the UniGene dataset to identify retina-specific genes. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 2000;91:267-77 pubmed..Multiple C18orf2 transcripts display a complex pattern of differential splicing in the human retina. The various isoforms encode hypothetical polypeptides with no homologies to known proteins or protein motifs. ..
- Coutinho S, Jahn T, Lewitzky M, Feller S, Hutzler P, Peschel C, et al. Characterization of Ggrb4, an adapter protein interacting with Bcr-Abl. Blood. 2000;96:618-24 pubmed..Grb4 may therefore play a role in the molecular pathogenesis of chronic myelogenous leukemia. (Blood. 2000;96:618-624) (Blood. 2000;96:618-624) ..
- Gorboulev V, Ulzheimer J, Akhoundova A, Ulzheimer Teuber I, Karbach U, Quester S, et al. Cloning and characterization of two human polyspecific organic cation transporters. DNA Cell Biol. 1997;16:871-81 pubmed..Cation transport in distal tubules is indicated for the first time. Here hOCT2 mediates the first step in cation reabsorption. hOCT1 may participate in hepatic excretion of organic cations. ..
- Reuter T, Herterich S, Bernhard O, Hoehn H, Gross H. Strong FANCA/FANCG but weak FANCA/FANCC interaction in the yeast 2-hybrid system. Blood. 2000;95:719-20 pubmed..Neither FANCA nor FANCC was found to interact with itself. These results support the notion of a functional association between the FA gene products. (Blood. 2000;95:719-720) ..
- Schielke S, Huebner C, Spatz C, Nägele V, Ackermann N, Frosch M, et al. Expression of the meningococcal adhesin NadA is controlled by a transcriptional regulator of the MarR family. Mol Microbiol. 2009;72:1054-67 pubmed publisher..Hence NmFarR has gained control over a meningococcus-specific gene involved in host colonization and thus contributed to divergent niche adaptation in pathogenic Neisseriae. ..
- Gelmedin V, Spiliotis M, Brehm K. Molecular characterisation of MEK1/2- and MKK3/6-like mitogen-activated protein kinase kinases (MAPKK) from the fox tapeworm Echinococcus multilocularis. Int J Parasitol. 2010;40:555-67 pubmed publisher..multilocularis MAPK cascade module and provide a solid basis for further investigations into the role of Erk-like MAPK signalling in parasite development and stem cell function...
- Nieswandt B, Watson S. Platelet-collagen interaction: is GPVI the central receptor?. Blood. 2003;102:449-61 pubmed..This review discusses these recent developments and proposes possible mechanisms for how GPVI acts in concert with other receptors and signaling pathways to initiate hemostasis and arterial thrombosis. ..
- Domann E, Wehland J, Rohde M, Pistor S, Hartl M, Goebel W, et al. A novel bacterial virulence gene in Listeria monocytogenes required for host cell microfilament interaction with homology to the proline-rich region of vinculin. EMBO J. 1992;11:1981-90 pubmed..However, an internal repeat sequence showed strong regional homology to a sequence from within the hinge region of the cytoskeletal protein vinculin...
- Döring F, Scholz H, Kühnlein R, Karschin A, Wischmeyer E. Novel Drosophila two-pore domain K channels: rescue of channel function by heteromeric assembly. Eur J Neurosci. 2006;24:2264-74 pubmed..Thus, pore-loop residues in dTASK-7 changed functional and pharmacological properties in heteromeric dTASK channels. ..
- Osswald C, Baumgarten K, Stümpel F, Gorboulev V, Akimjanova M, Knobeloch K, et al. Mice without the regulator gene Rsc1A1 exhibit increased Na+-D-glucose cotransport in small intestine and develop obesity. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:78-87 pubmed..At this age, serum leptin was increased, whereas food intake was the same as for wild-type mice. The data suggest that the removal of RS1 leads to leptin-independent up-regulation of food intake, which causes obesity. ..
- Kreiss M, Asmuss A, Krejci K, Lindemann D, Miyoshi Akiyama T, Uchiyama T, et al. Contrasting contributions of complementarity-determining region 2 and hypervariable region 4 of rat BV8S2+ (Vbeta8.2) TCR to the recognition of myelin basic protein and different types of bacterial superantigens. Int Immunol. 2004;16:655-63 pubmed..Thus, CDR2 and HV4 contribute not only differently to recognition of peptide antigens, but also to recognition of different types of bacterial SAg. ..
- Lieb B, Carl M, Hock R, Gebauer D, Scheer U. Identification of a novel mRNA-associated protein in oocytes of Pleurodeles waltl and Xenopus laevis. Exp Cell Res. 1998;245:272-81 pubmed..The expression pattern and intracellular distribution of RAP55 suggest that it is part of those mRNP particles which are translationally repressed during oogenesis and become activated upon progesterone-induced oocyte maturation...
- Stohr H, Weber B. Cloning and characterization of the human retina-specific gene MPP4, a novel member of the p55 subfamily of MAGUK proteins. Genomics. 2001;74:377-84 pubmed..Colocalization of MPP4 and autosomal recessive retinitis pigmentosa 26 (RP26) on chromosome 2q31-q33 makes this transcript an attractive candidate for the disease gene. ..
- Becker S, Gehrsitz A, Bork P, Buchner S, Buchner E. The black-pearl gene of Drosophila defines a novel conserved protein family and is required for larval growth and survival. Gene. 2001;262:15-22 pubmed..The evolutionary conservation in both unicellular and multicellular organisms suggests for the new protein family described here a fundamental role in cell growth. ..
- Springer J, Nanda I, Hoehn K, Schmid M, Grummt F. Identification and chromosomal localization of murine ORC3, a new member of the mouse origin recognition complex. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1999;87:245-51 pubmed..The mouse ORC3 gene Orc3 was assigned to mouse chromosome 4A3 by fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) analysis. ..
- Porsch M, Hofmeyer K, Bausenwein B, Grimm S, Weber B, Miassod R, et al. Isolation of a Drosophila T-box gene closely related to human TBX1. Gene. 1998;212:237-48 pubmed..We localized TBX1 to chromosomal band 22q11, confirming a recent report, and discuss TBX1 as a candidate gene for DiGeorge and related syndromes. ..
- Fingerhut C, Schon A. Sequence and functional characterization of RNase P RNA from the chl alb containing cyanobacterium Prochlorothrix hollandica. FEBS Lett. 1998;428:161-4 pubmed..Analysis of pre-tRNA mutants revealed that the T-stem sequence only plays a modulating role, whereas the CCA end is essential for efficient product formation...
- Meyer Wentrup F, Karbach U, Gorboulev V, Arndt P, Koepsell H. Membrane localization of the electrogenic cation transporter rOCT1 in rat liver. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1998;248:673-8 pubmed..Translational regulation is suggested since the message of rOCT1 was distributed throughout the liver lobuli, whereas rOCT1 protein was observed only in hepatocytes surrounding the central veins. ..