Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on middle aged in Munich, Bavaria, Germany
Locale: Munich, Bavaria, Germany
Topic: middle aged
Publications259 found, 100 shown here
- Hempel J, Karkos P, Issing W. Fibrous dysplasia of the frontal bone. Ear Nose Throat J. 2006;85:654, 656-7 pubmed..In those cases that are refractory to medical treatment, surgery--in experienced hands--can result in a good functional and cosmetic outcome...
- Dambacher J, Beigel F, Zitzmann K, De Toni E, Goke B, Diepolder H, et al. The role of the novel Th17 cytokine IL-26 in intestinal inflammation. Gut. 2009;58:1207-17 pubmed publisher..For the first time, IL-26 expression is demonstrated in colonic RORgammat-expressing Th17 cells in situ, supporting a role for this cell type in the pathogenesis of Crohn's disease. ..
- Fratz S, Hager A, Busch R, Kaemmerer H, Schwaiger M, Lange R, et al. Patients after atrial switch operation for transposition of the great arteries can not increase stroke volume under dobutamine stress as opposed to patients with congenitally corrected transposition. Circ J. 2008;72:1130-5 pubmed..The results support the hypothesis that atrial baffles restrict a rise in SV under dobutamine stress in patients after atrial switch operation for transposition of the great arteries. ..
- von Garnier K, Köveker K, Rackwitz B, Kober U, Wilke S, Ewert T, et al. Reliability of a test measuring transversus abdominis muscle recruitment with a pressure biofeedback unit. Physiotherapy. 2009;95:8-14 pubmed publisher..It is suggested that by providing visual feedback, the PRONE test may enhance patients' insight into their deep abdominal muscle recruitment and thereby increase their motivation to exercise. ..
- Rupprecht T, Plate A, Adam M, Wick M, Kastenbauer S, Schmidt C, et al. The chemokine CXCL13 is a key regulator of B cell recruitment to the cerebrospinal fluid in acute Lyme neuroborreliosis. J Neuroinflammation. 2009;6:42 pubmed publisher..Here, we assessed the role of CXCL13--in comparison to other chemokines--in the recruitment of B cells to the CSF of patients with acute LNB...
- Lordick F, Luber B, Lorenzen S, Hegewisch Becker S, Folprecht G, Woll E, et al. Cetuximab plus oxaliplatin/leucovorin/5-fluorouracil in first-line metastatic gastric cancer: a phase II study of the Arbeitsgemeinschaft Internistische Onkologie (AIO). Br J Cancer. 2010;102:500-5 pubmed publisher..Cetuximab plus FUFOX showed an interesting high response rate in metastatic gastric cancer. Cetuximab plus platinum-fluoropyrimidine chemotherapy is at present being investigated in a phase III randomised controlled trial. ..
- Cauda V, Fiori C, Cauda F. Ni-Cr-Co alloy ureteral stent: scanning electron microscopy and elemental analysis characterization after long-term indwelling. J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater. 2010;94:501-7 pubmed publisher..The long-term use of these stents is therefore feasible, avoiding the continuous exchange of the stent, decreasing hospital costs and increasing the quality of life of patients affected by malignant pelvic tumors. ..
- Winkelmann A, Perrot S, Schaefer C, Ryan K, Chandran A, Sadosky A, et al. Impact of fibromyalgia severity on health economic costs: results from a European cross-sectional study. Appl Health Econ Health Policy. 2011;9:125-36 pubmed publisher..Overall FM costs were similar between France and Germany; although lost productivity accounted for a higher proportion of costs in France. ..
- Thon N, Eigenbrod S, Kreth S, Lutz J, Tonn J, Kretzschmar H, et al. IDH1 mutations in grade II astrocytomas are associated with unfavorable progression-free survival and prolonged postrecurrence survival. Cancer. 2012;118:452-60 pubmed publisher..IDH1 mutations are associated with a Janus headlike phenomenon; unfavorable prognostic influence on PFS turns into favorable impact on postrecurrence survival. A similar pattern of influence might exist for MGMT methylation. ..
- Ferrari R, Hernandez D, Nalls M, Rohrer J, Ramasamy A, Kwok J, et al. Frontotemporal dementia and its subtypes: a genome-wide association study. Lancet Neurol. 2014;13:686-99 pubmed publisher..The National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke and National Institute on Aging, the Wellcome/MRC Centre on Parkinson's disease, Alzheimer's Research UK, and Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center. ..
- Rucker J, Tansey K, Rivera M, Pinto D, Cohen Woods S, Uher R, et al. Phenotypic Association Analyses With Copy Number Variation in Recurrent Depressive Disorder. Biol Psychiatry. 2016;79:329-36 pubmed publisher..Genetic pleiotropy and sample heterogeneity suggest that very large sample sizes are required to study conclusively the role of genetic variation in mood disorders. ..
- Leleu X, Kyriakou C, Vande Broek I, Murphy P, Bacon P, Lewis P, et al. Prospective longitudinal study on quality of life in relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma patients receiving second- or third-line lenalidomide or bortezomib treatment. Blood Cancer J. 2017;7:e543 pubmed publisher..A clinically meaningful deterioration in HRQoL was more often observed for patients who discontinued the study prior to 6 months in the bortezomib cohort than in the lenalidomide cohort...
- Penger M, Strobl R, Grill E. Country-specific and individual determinants of dizziness in Europe: results from the Survey of Health Ageing and Retirement in Europe (SHARE). Public Health. 2017;149:1-10 pubmed publisher..Further studies should investigate the prevalence, determinants and management of defined vestibular and non-vestibular causes of dizziness across Europe. ..
- Blazevic S, Horvaticek M, Kesic M, Zill P, Hranilovic D, Ivanisevic M, et al. Epigenetic adaptation of the placental serotonin transporter gene (SLC6A4) to gestational diabetes mellitus. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179934 pubmed publisher..Longitudinal studies in larger cohorts are needed to verify these results and determine to which degree placental SLC6A4 changes may contribute to long-term outcomes of infants exposed to GDM. ..
- Sarpong Duah M, Frimpong M, Beissner M, Saar M, Laing K, Sarpong F, et al. Clearance of viable Mycobacterium ulcerans from Buruli ulcer lesions during antibiotic treatment as determined by combined 16S rRNA reverse transcriptase /IS 2404 qPCR assay. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2017;11:e0005695 pubmed publisher..Bacterial load was estimated from a single sample taken at baseline. A better estimate could be made by taking multiple samples or biopsies but this was not ethically acceptable. ..
- Stubner S, Schön T, Padberg F, Teipel S, Schwarz M, Haslinger A, et al. Interleukin-6 and the soluble IL-6 receptor are decreased in cerebrospinal fluid of geriatric patients with major depression: no alteration of soluble gp130. Neurosci Lett. 1999;259:145-8 pubmed..We found statistically significant decreased CSF concentrations of IL-6 (P<0.001) and of the sIL-6R (P<0.001) of patients with MD. Levels of sgp130 showed no statistically significant difference between patients and controls. ..
- Arbusow V, Theil D, Strupp M, Mascolo A, Brandt T. HSV-1 not only in human vestibular ganglia but also in the vestibular labyrinth. Audiol Neurootol. 2001;6:259-62 pubmed..2) As benign paroxysmal positional vertigo often occurs in patients who have had VN, it could also be a sequel of viral labyrinthitis...
- Schreieck J, Dostal S, von Beckerath N, Wacker A, Flory M, Weyerbrock S, et al. C825T polymorphism of the G-protein beta3 subunit gene and atrial fibrillation: association of the TT genotype with a reduced risk for atrial fibrillation. Am Heart J. 2004;148:545-50 pubmed..46; 95% CI, 0.24 to 0.87; P =.02) for the occurrence of atrial fibrillation. The current study suggests an association between the GNB3 TT genotype and a reduced risk for the occurrence of atrial fibrillation. ..
- Placzek M, Gaube S, Kerkmann U, Gilbertz K, Herzinger T, Haen E, et al. Ultraviolet B-induced DNA damage in human epidermis is modified by the antioxidants ascorbic acid and D-alpha-tocopherol. J Invest Dermatol. 2005;124:304-7 pubmed..After 3 mo of antioxidant administration, significantly less thymine dimers were induced by the UVB challenge, suggesting that antioxidant treatment protected against DNA damage. ..
- Muller J, Piko H, Schoser B, Schlotter Weigel B, Reilich P, Gürster S, et al. Novel splice site mutation in the caveolin-3 gene leading to autosomal recessive limb girdle muscular dystrophy. Neuromuscul Disord. 2006;16:432-6 pubmed..This is the first splicing mutation reported for CAV3. These findings add to the clinical and genetic variability of CAV3 mutations. ..
- Friess E, Kuempfel T, Modell S, Winkelmann J, Holsboer F, Ising M, et al. Paroxetine treatment improves motor symptoms in patients with multiple system atrophy. Parkinsonism Relat Disord. 2006;12:432-7 pubmed..However, these results should be regarded as preliminary, and further research is suggested to evaluate the long-term outcome and clinical relevance of SSRI co-medication in MSA. ..
- Hentschel N, Krusch M, Kiener P, Kolb H, Salih H, Schmetzer H. Serum levels of sCD137 (4-1BB) ligand are prognostic factors for progression in acute myeloid leukemia but not in non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. Eur J Haematol. 2006;77:91-101 pubmed..Taken together, our data demonstrate that sCD137L can be used as a prognostic factor not only in MDS but also in AML. ..
- Schumacher A, Friedrich P, Diehl Schmid J, Ibach B, Eisele T, Laws S, et al. No association of chromatin-modifying protein 2B with sporadic frontotemporal dementia. Neurobiol Aging. 2007;28:1789-90 pubmed..Thus, we conclude that CHMP2B can be excluded as a susceptibility gene conferring risk to sporadic forms of FTD. ..
- Schmoldt S, Schuhegger R, Wendler T, Huber I, Söllner H, Hogardt M, et al. Molecular evidence of nosocomial Pneumocystis jirovecii transmission among 16 patients after kidney transplantation. J Clin Microbiol. 2008;46:966-71 pubmed publisher..jirovecii as the predominant transmission route. Therefore, strict segregation and isolation of P. jirovecii-positive/suspected patients in clinical settings seems warranted. ..
- Hoffmann R, Jakobs T, Trumm C, Weber C, Helmberger T, Reiser M. Radiofrequency ablation in combination with osteoplasty in the treatment of painful metastatic bone disease. J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2008;19:419-25 pubmed publisher..RF ablation and osteoplasty can be combined within one session and is both feasible and useful for the treatment of osteolytic bone metastases with regard to pain relief. ..
- Yu A, Fuchshofer R, Birke M, Kampik A, Bloemendal H, Welge Lussen U. Oxidative stress and TGF-beta2 increase heat shock protein 27 expression in human optic nerve head astrocytes. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2008;49:5403-11 pubmed publisher..Therefore, it is tempting to speculate that reduction of oxidative stress and TGF-beta2 may help to minimize the incidence of characteristic changes in the ONH of patients with glaucoma. ..
- Kühnlein P, Sperfeld A, Vanmassenhove B, Van Deerlin V, Lee V, Trojanowski J, et al. Two German kindreds with familial amyotrophic lateral sclerosis due to TARDBP mutations. Arch Neurol. 2008;65:1185-9 pubmed publisher..Mutations in TARDBP are a rare cause of familial non-SOD1 ALS. The identification of TARDBP mutations provides strong evidence for a direct link between TDP-43 dysfunction and neurodegeneration in ALS. ..
- Thoene S, Rawat V, Heilmeier B, Hoster E, Metzeler K, Herold T, et al. The homeobox gene CDX2 is aberrantly expressed and associated with an inferior prognosis in patients with acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Leukemia. 2009;23:649-55 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that aberrant CDX2 expression occurs frequently and has prognostic impact in adult patients with ALL. ..
- Karl A, Rittler P, Buchner A, Fradet V, Speer R, Walther S, et al. Prospective assessment of malnutrition in urologic patients. Urology. 2009;73:1072-6 pubmed publisher..There is a general lack of data on the prevalence of malnutrition in urologic patients. An assessment of malnutrition is needed to raise awareness of this condition and to initiate nutrition therapy if needed...
- Giegling I, Drago A, Schafer M, Moller H, Rujescu D, Serretti A. Interaction of haloperidol plasma level and antipsychotic effect in early phases of acute psychosis treatment. J Psychiatr Res. 2010;44:487-92 pubmed publisher..This finding could contribute to tailor more individualized treatment and highlights the need for early detection of non-responders. ..
- Heck A, Pfister H, Czamara D, Muller Myhsok B, Pütz B, Lucae S, et al. Evidence for associations between MDGA2 polymorphisms and harm avoidance: replication and extension of a genome-wide association finding. Psychiatr Genet. 2011;21:257-60 pubmed publisher..045). The same SNP also showed an association with HA4 in the patients' sample (Pnominal=0.03). Our finding provides further support for a link between variants in the MDGA2 gene and specific neuroticism-related phenotypes. ..
- Shao J, Myers N, Yang Q, Feng J, Plant C, Böhm C, et al. Prediction of Alzheimer's disease using individual structural connectivity networks. Neurobiol Aging. 2012;33:2756-65 pubmed publisher..Our finding provides evidence that ISCNs are sensitive to the impact of earliest stages of AD. ISCNs may be useful as a white matter-based imaging biomarker to distinguish healthy aging from AD. ..
- Kuehnl A, Pelisek J, Pongratz J, Eckstein H. C-type natriuretic peptide and its receptors in atherosclerotic plaques of the carotid artery of clinically asymptomatic patients. Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2012;43:649-54 pubmed publisher..In this study, serum CNP was not associated with histological plaque stability. In future, larger studies are required to further evaluate whether proteins of the CNP axis would be useful as biomarkers. ..
- Glas J, Seiderer J, Wagner J, Olszak T, Fries C, Tillack C, et al. Analysis of IL12B gene variants in inflammatory bowel disease. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e34349 pubmed publisher..05) but there was no epistasis between IL23R and IL12B variants. The IL12B SNP rs6887695 modulates the susceptibility and the phenotype of IBD, although the effect on IBD susceptibilty is less pronounced than that of IL23R gene variants. ..
- Gallmeier E, Bader D, Kriegl L, Berezowska S, Seeliger H, Goke B, et al. Loss of TRAIL-receptors is a recurrent feature in pancreatic cancer and determines the prognosis of patients with no nodal metastasis after surgery. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e56760 pubmed publisher..This hypothesis should be evaluated in future clinical trials. ..
- Stefanova I, Stephan T, Becker Bense S, Dera T, Brandt T, Dieterich M. Age-related changes of blood-oxygen-level-dependent signal dynamics during optokinetic stimulation. Neurobiol Aging. 2013;34:2277-86 pubmed publisher..These effects of age are specific for the OKN task and probably reflect both changes in the neurovascular coupling and changes in the neural processing during OKN. ..
- Bachmann J, Buchler M, Friess H, Martignoni M. Cachexia in patients with chronic pancreatitis and pancreatic cancer: impact on survival and outcome. Nutr Cancer. 2013;65:827-33 pubmed publisher..The development of cachexia is faster in patients with a malignant disease and the systemic effects are more pronounced. Therefore, tumor cachexia should be considered as a different entity than cachexia in benign diseases. ..
- Hatzichristodoulou G, Wagenpfeil S, Weirich G, Autenrieth M, Maurer T, Thalgott M, et al. Intraoperative frozen section monitoring during nerve-sparing radical prostatectomy: evaluation of partial secondary resection of neurovascular bundles and its effect on oncologic and functional outcome. World J Urol. 2016;34:229-36 pubmed publisher..7 versus 56.1%, respectively (all p > 0.05). IFS are highly effective in reducing PSM and avoiding compromised oncologic outcome. Partial secondary resection of the NVB ensures ns status and consequently preserves continence and EF. ..
- Whelan C, Hibar D, van Velzen L, Zannas A, Carrillo Roa T, McMahon K, et al. Heritability and reliability of automatically segmented human hippocampal formation subregions. Neuroimage. 2016;128:125-137 pubmed publisher..0 may serve as reliable and informative quantitative phenotypes for future multi-site imaging genetics initiatives such as those of the ENIGMA consortium. ..
- Schaller S, Anstey M, Blobner M, Edrich T, Grabitz S, Gradwohl Matis I, et al. Early, goal-directed mobilisation in the surgical intensive care unit: a randomised controlled trial. Lancet. 2016;388:1377-1388 pubmed publisher..Early, goal-directed mobilisation improved patient mobilisation throughout SICU admission, shortened patient length of stay in the SICU, and improved patients' functional mobility at hospital discharge. Jeffrey and Judy Buzen. ..
- Bissler J, Kingswood J, Radzikowska E, Zonnenberg B, Belousova E, Frost M, et al. Everolimus long-term use in patients with tuberous sclerosis complex: Four-year update of the EXIST-2 study. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0180939 pubmed publisher..The overall risk/benefit assessment supports the use of everolimus as a viable treatment option for angiomyolipoma associated with tuberous sclerosis complex or sporadic lymphangioleiomyomatosis. ClinicalTrials.gov NCT00790400. ..
- Kölling K, Ndrepepa G, Koch W, Braun S, Mehilli J, Schomig A, et al. Methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase gene C677T and A1298C polymorphisms, plasma homocysteine, folate, and vitamin B12 levels and the extent of coronary artery disease. Am J Cardiol. 2004;93:1201-6 pubmed..Although there is an apparent association between elevated levels of homocysteine and CAD, this association is not independent of conventional cardiovascular risk factors. ..
- Baur A, Bartl R, Pellengahr C, Baltin V, Reiser M. Neovascularization of bone marrow in patients with diffuse multiple myeloma: a correlative study of magnetic resonance imaging and histopathologic findings. Cancer. 2004;101:2599-604 pubmed..The goal of the current study was to assess the correlation between bone marrow histology and contrast enhancement in infiltrative diffuse myeloma...
- Kuchenbauer F, Schoch C, Kern W, Hiddemann W, Haferlach T, Schnittger S. Impact of FLT3 mutations and promyelocytic leukaemia-breakpoint on clinical characteristics and prognosis in acute promyelocytic leukaemia. Br J Haematol. 2005;130:196-202 pubmed..6%) and associated with a significant lower overall survival (P = 0.0339). In addition, cases with bcr3 showed a tendency for a worse event-free survival (P = 0.0795) compared with the bcr1 group. ..
- Riemenschneider M, Konta L, Friedrich P, Schwarz S, Taddei K, Neff F, et al. A functional polymorphism within plasminogen activator urokinase (PLAU) is associated with Alzheimer's disease. Hum Mol Genet. 2006;15:2446-56 pubmed..Further functional investigations are warranted to elucidate the specific role of PLAU, respectively, PLAU variants in the metabolism of Abeta proteins. ..
- Ruge H, Wildhirt S, Poerner M, Mayr N, Bauernschmitt R, Martinoff S, et al. Severe superior vena cava syndrome after transvenous pacemaker implantation. Ann Thorac Surg. 2006;82:e41-2 pubmed..Superior vena cava syndrome should be diagnosed early because immediate thrombolytic therapy is effective in the majority of patients and avoids the requirement for interventional or surgical efforts. ..
- Holm C, Mayr M, Höfter E, Ninkovic M. The versatility of the SIEA flap: a clinical assessment of the vascular territory of the superficial epigastric inferior artery. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2007;60:946-51 pubmed..Therefore, the versatility of the SIEA flap for autologous breast reconstruction seems limited when compared with the conventional methods based on the deep inferior epigastric system. ..
- Winkelmann J, Schormair B, Lichtner P, Ripke S, Xiong L, Jalilzadeh S, et al. Genome-wide association study of restless legs syndrome identifies common variants in three genomic regions. Nat Genet. 2007;39:1000-6 pubmed..MEIS1 has been implicated in limb development, raising the possibility that RLS has components of a developmental disorder. ..
- Schnittger S, Kern W, Tschulik C, Weiss T, Dicker F, Falini B, et al. Minimal residual disease levels assessed by NPM1 mutation-specific RQ-PCR provide important prognostic information in AML. Blood. 2009;114:2220-31 pubmed publisher..Similar results were obtained in patients undergoing second-line chemotherapy or allogeneic stem cell transplantation. ..
- Stoffel M, Behr M, Reinke A, Stuer C, Ringel F, Meyer B. Pedicle screw-based dynamic stabilization of the thoracolumbar spine with the Cosmic-system: a prospective observation. Acta Neurochir (Wien). 2010;152:835-43 pubmed publisher..A reoperation rate of 10% during follow-up seems relatively high at first glance. Comparable data, however, are scarce, and a prospective randomized trial (spondylodesis vs. dynamic stabilization) is warranted based on these results. ..
- Schneider A, Löwe B, Barie S, Joos S, Engeser P, Szecsenyi J. How do primary care doctors deal with uncertainty in making diagnostic decisions? The development of the 'Dealing with Uncertainty Questionnaire' (DUQ). J Eval Clin Pract. 2010;16:431-7 pubmed publisher..Affective intolerance against uncertainty correlates with self-rated diagnostic activity. Affective reactions to uncertainty might influence gender-specific reactions to uncertainty in different ways. ..
- Schumann R, Gandorfer A, Eibl K, Henrich P, Kampik A, Haritoglou C. Sequential epiretinal membrane removal with internal limiting membrane peeling in brilliant blue G-assisted macular surgery. Br J Ophthalmol. 2010;94:1369-72 pubmed publisher..To reduce the retinal exposure to the dye, the surgeon might choose to remove the ERM without using the dye, followed by a BBG injection to identify residual ILM. ..
- Imhoff A, Paul J, Ottinger B, Wörtler K, Lämmle L, Spang J, et al. Osteochondral transplantation of the talus: long-term clinical and magnetic resonance imaging evaluation. Am J Sports Med. 2011;39:1487-93 pubmed publisher..The Osteochondral Autograft Transfer System (OATS) is the only 1-step surgical technique designed to replace the entire osteochondral unit...
- Bamberg F, Sommer W, Hoffmann V, Achenbach S, Nikolaou K, Conen D, et al. Meta-analysis and systematic review of the long-term predictive value of assessment of coronary atherosclerosis by contrast-enhanced coronary computed tomography angiography. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2011;57:2426-36 pubmed publisher
- Anz D, Eiber S, Scholz C, Endres S, Kirchner T, Bourquin C, et al. In breast cancer, a high ratio of tumour-infiltrating intraepithelial CD8+ to FoxP3+ cells is characteristic for the medullary subtype. Histopathology. 2011;59:965-74 pubmed publisher..Thus, the ratio of CD8+ to FoxP3+ cells rather than the absolute number of intratumoral FoxP3+ cells may be predictive for the clinical outcome of cancer. ..
- Wegerer M, Adena S, Pfennig A, Czamara D, Sailer U, Bettecken T, et al. Variants within the GABA transaminase (ABAT) gene region are associated with somatosensory evoked EEG potentials in families at high risk for affective disorders. Psychol Med. 2013;43:1207-17 pubmed publisher..Our findings point to a possible role of ABAT gene-regulated GABA catabolism for an altered processing of somatosensory stimuli as a potential vulnerability marker for affective disorders. ..
- Beissner M, Huber K, Badziklou K, Halatoko W, Maman I, Vogel F, et al. Implementation of a national reference laboratory for Buruli ulcer disease in Togo. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2013;7:e2011 pubmed publisher..The increase of non-ulcerative lesions, as well as the decrease in diagnostic delay and category III lesions, prove the effect of comprehensive EQA and training measures involving also procedures outside the laboratory. ..
- Silber S, Serruys P, Leon M, Meredith I, Windecker S, Neumann F, et al. Clinical outcome of patients with and without diabetes mellitus after percutaneous coronary intervention with the resolute zotarolimus-eluting stent: 2-year results from the prospectively pooled analysis of the international global RESOLUTE program. JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2013;6:357-68 pubmed publisher
- Greil W, Häberle A, Schuhmann T, Grohmann R, Baumann P. Age and adverse drug reactions from psychopharmacological treatment: data from the AMSP drug surveillance programme in Switzerland. Swiss Med Wkly. 2013;143:w13772 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that for psychiatric inpatients the incidence of common severe ADRs (e.g., weight gain or EPMS symptoms) arising from psychotropic medication decreases with the age of patients. ..
- Slotta Huspenina J, Wolff C, Drecoll E, Feith M, Bettstetter M, Malinowsky K, et al. A specific expression profile of heat-shock proteins and glucose-regulated proteins is associated with response to neoadjuvant chemotherapy in oesophageal adenocarcinomas. Br J Cancer. 2013;109:370-8 pubmed publisher
- Ingrisch M, Maxien D, Meinel F, Reiser M, Nikolaou K, Dietrich O. Detection of pulmonary embolism with free-breathing dynamic contrast-enhanced MRI. J Magn Reson Imaging. 2016;43:887-93 pubmed publisher..77 (95% confidence interval: 0.44-1.0). Free-breathing DCE MRI may have potential use for the assessment of PE, and does not require patient cooperation in breath-holding. ..
- Seleznik G, Seeger H, Bauer J, Fu K, Czerkowicz J, Papandile A, et al. The lymphotoxin Î² receptor is a potential therapeutic target in renal inflammation. Kidney Int. 2016;89:113-26 pubmed publisher..Thus, a preclinical mouse model and human studies strongly suggest that LTÎ²R signaling is involved in renal injury and may be a suitable therapeutic target in renal diseases. ..
- Kornberg A, Witt U, Kornberg J, MÃ¼ller K, Friess H, Thrum K. Postoperative peak serum C-reactive protein is a predictor of outcome following liver transplantation for hepatocellular carcinoma. Biomarkers. 2016;21:152-9 pubmed publisher..01; HR = 4.04; CI = 1.399-11.640). Early postoperative serum CRP may serve as a useful inflammation-based biomarker of outcome in liver transplant patients with HCC. ..
- Kuhn M, GlÃ¤ser D, Joshi P, Zierz S, Wenninger S, Schoser B, et al. Utility of a next-generation sequencing-based gene panel investigation in German patients with genetically unclassified limb-girdle muscular dystrophy. J Neurol. 2016;263:743-50 pubmed publisher..Thus, a focused next-generation sequencing-based gene panel is a rather satisfactory tool for the diagnosis in unclassified LGMDs. ..
- Bronner K, Perneczky R, McCabe R, Kurz A, Hamann J. Which medical and social decision topics are important after early diagnosis of Alzheimer's Disease from the perspectives of people with Alzheimer's Disease, spouses and professionals?. BMC Res Notes. 2016;9:149 pubmed publisher..A structured approach e.g. a decision aid might support people with AD and spouses in their decision making process and thereby preserve persons' with AD autonomy before they lose the capacity in decision-making. ..
- Muallem M, Dimitrova D, Pietzner K, Richter R, Feldheiser A, Scharfe I, et al. Implementation of Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERAS) Pathways in Gynecologic Oncology. A NOGGO-AGO* survey of 144 Gynecological Departments in Germany. Anticancer Res. 2016;36:4227-32 pubmed
- Hopf F, Thomas P, Sesselmann S, Thomsen M, Hopf M, Hopf J, et al. CD3+ lymphocytosis in the peri-implant membrane of 222 loosened joint endoprostheses depends on the tribological pairing. Acta Orthop. 2017;88:642-648 pubmed publisher..It remains unclear whether the low CD3 quantities with only slight differences in the various non-metal-metal pairings and documented contact allergies to implant materials have a direct pathogenetic relevance...
- SÅ‚owikowska Hilczer J, Hirschberg A, Claahsen van der Grinten H, Reisch N, Bouvattier C, Thyen U, et al. Fertility outcome and information on fertility issues in individuals with different forms of disorders of sex development: findings from the dsd-LIFE study. Fertil Steril. 2017;108:822-831 pubmed publisher..The care of patients with DSD is complex, should be individualized, and new treatment possibilities incorporated. A close collaboration in multidisciplinary teams is therefore essential to improve the situation for individuals with DSD. ..
- Wagener N, Edelmann D, Benner A, Zigeuner R, Borgmann H, Wolff I, et al. Outcome of papillary versus clear cell renal cell carcinoma varies significantly in non-metastatic disease. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184173 pubmed publisher..Consequently, there is urgent need to respect histopathological entities and their subtypes, when assigning follow-up or targeted therapy to RCC patients...
- Sallach S, Schmidt T, Pehl C, Gallenberger S, Keiditsch E, Starostik P, et al. Primary low-grade B cell non-Hodgkin's lymphoma of MALT type simultaneously arising in the colon and in the lung: report of a case. Dis Colon Rectum. 2001;44:448-52 pubmed..With mitoxantrone, chlorambucil, and prednisone polychemotherapy, a complete year-long remission was achieved. ..
- Rupprecht T, Elstner M, Weil S, Pfister H. Autoimmune-mediated polyneuropathy triggered by borrelial infection?. Muscle Nerve. 2008;37:781-5 pubmed publisher..This report of an autoimmune-mediated polyneuropathy in a patient with borrelial CNS infection indicates that such patients might respond to immunomodulatory therapy if antibiotic treatment is not effective. ..
- Lehrke M, Greif M, Broedl U, Lebherz C, Laubender R, Becker A, et al. MMP-1 serum levels predict coronary atherosclerosis in humans. Cardiovasc Diabetol. 2009;8:50 pubmed publisher..No associations were found between MMP9 serum levels and total plaque burden or plaque morphology. MMP-1 serum levels are associated with total plaque burden but do not allow a specification of plaque morphology. ..
- Heiden B, Weigl M, Angerer P, Muller A. Association of age and physical job demands with musculoskeletal disorders in nurses. Appl Ergon. 2013;44:652-8 pubmed publisher..Furthermore high levels of physical job demands increased the risk of MSD significantly (OR = 5.7, 1.55-20.96) in all age-groups. The study provides further indication for development of age-adapted preventive measures. ..
- Wolf S, Martin H, Landscheidt J, Rodiek S, Schürer L, Lumenta C. Continuous selective intraarterial infusion of nimodipine for therapy of refractory cerebral vasospasm. Neurocrit Care. 2010;12:346-51 pubmed publisher..Appropriate monitoring technology is essential for further investigation of this novel technique. ..
- Albert M, Bittner T, Nonoyama S, Notarangelo L, Burns S, Imai K, et al. X-linked thrombocytopenia (XLT) due to WAS mutations: clinical characteristics, long-term outcome, and treatment options. Blood. 2010;115:3231-8 pubmed publisher..These observations will allow better decision making when considering treatment options for individual patients with XLT. ..
- Andres C, Puchta U, Sander C, Ruzicka T, Flaig M. Prevalence of Merkel cell polyomavirus DNA in cutaneous lymphomas, pseudolymphomas, and inflammatory skin diseases. Am J Dermatopathol. 2010;32:593-8 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that MCPyV does not play a significant role in the pathogenesis of cutaneous lymphoproliferative disorders. ..
- Bezzina C, Pazoki R, Bardai A, Marsman R, De Jong J, Blom M, et al. Genome-wide association study identifies a susceptibility locus at 21q21 for ventricular fibrillation in acute myocardial infarction. Nat Genet. 2010;42:688-691 pubmed publisher..This locus has not previously been implicated in arrhythmia susceptibility. ..
- Rachow A, Zumla A, Heinrich N, Rojas Ponce G, Mtafya B, Reither K, et al. Rapid and accurate detection of Mycobacterium tuberculosis in sputum samples by Cepheid Xpert MTB/RIF assay--a clinical validation study. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e20458 pubmed publisher..Further evaluation in high burden TB and HIV areas under programmatic health care settings to ascertain applicability, cost-effectiveness, robustness and local acceptance are required. ..
- Weidinger S, Klopp N, Wagenpfeil S, Rummler L, Schedel M, Kabesch M, et al. Association of a STAT 6 haplotype with elevated serum IgE levels in a population based cohort of white adults. J Med Genet. 2004;41:658-63 pubmed..Analysis further revealed a risk haplotype for specific sensitisation and a risk haplotype for asthma. The data indicate that genetic variants within STAT6 contribute significantly to IgE regulation and manifestation of atopic diseases. ..
- Fratz S, Hauser M, Bengel F, Hager A, Kaemmerer H, Schwaiger M, et al. Myocardial scars determined by delayed-enhancement magnetic resonance imaging and positron emission tomography are not common in right ventricles with systemic function in long-term follow up. Heart. 2006;92:1673-7 pubmed..Positron emission tomography identified no myocardial scars. This study shows that the hypothesis that myocardial scars are common in patients with systemic right ventricles is not correct. ..
- Lang R, Buhmann S, Hopman A, Steitz H, Lienemann A, Reiser M, et al. Cine-MRI detection of intraabdominal adhesions: correlation with intraoperative findings in 89 consecutive cases. Surg Endosc. 2008;22:2455-61 pubmed publisher..Cine-MRI is a good alternative for diagnosing abdominal adhesions because objective findings of the scan and intraoperative findings correlate very well with each other. ..
- Vogel S, Sárdy M, Glos K, Korting H, Ruzicka T, Wollenberg A. The Munich outbreak of cutaneous cowpox infection: transmission by infected pet rats. Acta Derm Venereol. 2012;92:126-31 pubmed publisher..Dermatologists should be aware of the diagnostic and therapeutic algorithms for handling this disease...
- Kufner S, Sorges J, Mehilli J, Cassese S, Repp J, Wiebe J, et al. Randomized Trial of Polymer-Free Sirolimus- and Probucol-Eluting Stents Versus Durable Polymer Zotarolimus-Eluting Stents: 5-Year Results of the ISAR-TEST-5 Trial. JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2016;9:784-792 pubmed publisher..Rates of stent thrombosis were low and comparable in both treatment groups, with few events beyond 12 months. (Efficacy Study of Rapamycin- vs. Zotarolimus-Eluting Stents to Reduce Coronary Restenosis [ISAR-TEST-5]; NCT00598533). ..
- Fischereder M, Michalke B, Schmöckel E, Habicht A, Kunisch R, Pavelic I, et al. Sodium storage in human tissues is mediated by glycosaminoglycan expression. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2017;313:F319-F325 pubmed publisher..These data support the hypothesis of water-independent sodium storage via regulated glycosaminoglycan synthesis in human tissues, including arteries. ..
- Vila G, Theodoropoulou M, Stalla J, Tonn J, Losa M, Renner U, et al. Expression and function of sonic hedgehog pathway components in pituitary adenomas: evidence for a direct role in hormone secretion and cell proliferation. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2005;90:6687-94 pubmed..We conclude that Shh is a newly described hypophysiotropic cytokine and its down-regulation may be involved in the pathogenesis of pituitary adenomas. ..
- Sack M, Lempa W, Steinmetz A, Lamprecht F, Hofmann A. Alterations in autonomic tone during trauma exposure using eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR)--results of a preliminary investigation. J Anxiety Disord. 2008;22:1264-71 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that EMDR is associated with patterns of autonomic activity associated with substantial psycho-physiological de-arousal over time. ..
- Hüfner K, Horn A, Derfuss T, Glon C, Sinicina I, Arbusow V, et al. Fewer latent herpes simplex virus type 1 and cytotoxic T cells occur in the ophthalmic division than in the maxillary and mandibular divisions of the human trigeminal ganglion and nerve. J Virol. 2009;83:3696-703 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the large accumulation of LAT and cytotoxic T cells in the V2 and V3 but not in the V1 division of the TG reflects the sites supplied by the sensory fibers and the clinical reactivation patterns. ..
- Andres C, Belloni B, Puchta U, Sander C, Flaig M. Prevalence of MCPyV in Merkel cell carcinoma and non-MCC tumors. J Cutan Pathol. 2010;37:28-34 pubmed publisher..There was no relevant association of MCPyV with SK, BCC and LMM. Speculative, prevalence of MCPyV in an age- and sex-matched non-MCC population could average up to 6%. ..
- Mutze K, Langer R, Becker K, Ott K, Novotny A, Luber B, et al. Histone deacetylase (HDAC) 1 and 2 expression and chemotherapy in gastric cancer. Ann Surg Oncol. 2010;17:3336-43 pubmed publisher..Sequential treatment with SAHA and cisplatin may represent an alternative treatment option for GC patients. ..
- Muehlstaedt M, Bruening R, Diebold J, Mueller A, Helmberger T, Reiser M. CT/fluoroscopy-guided transthoracic needle biopsy: sensitivity and complication rate in 98 procedures. J Comput Assist Tomogr. 2002;26:191-6 pubmed..A pneumothorax occurred in 21%, a pneumothorax requiring drainage in 2.0%. CT/F-guided CNB is a reliable method to obtain thoracic biopsies, with a complication rate of 2.0%. ..
- Gundling F, Nerlich A, Heitland W, Schepp W. Biliary manifestation of Erdheim-Chester disease mimicking Klatskin's carcinoma. Am J Gastroenterol. 2007;102:452-4 pubmed..This is the first report describing biliary manifestation of ECD. Even though ECD is a rare cause of cholestasis, it should be considered in patients with this disorder in the setting of multiorgan manifestation. ..