Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on magnetic resonance imaging in Munich, Bavaria, Germany
Locale: Munich, Bavaria, Germany
Topic: magnetic resonance imaging
Publications227 found, 100 shown here
- Jahn K, Wagner J, Deutschlander A, Kalla R, Hüfner K, Stephan T, et al. Human hippocampal activation during stance and locomotion: fMRI study on healthy, blind, and vestibular-loss subjects. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2009;1164:229-35 pubmed publisher..The right-sided dominance reflects the importance of the right hemisphere for spatial orientation. ..
- Schroeder A, Kappler M, Bonfert M, Borggraefe I, Schoen C, Reiter K. Seizures and stupor during intravenous mannose therapy in a patient with CDG syndrome type 1b (MPI-CDG). J Inherit Metab Dis. 2010;33 Suppl 3:S497-502 pubmed publisher..These may be due to intracellular energy failure. Clinical symptoms of energy deficiency should be treated early and aggressively with intravenous glucose regardless of blood glucose levels. ..
- Riedl V, Valet M, WÃ¶ller A, Sorg C, Vogel D, Sprenger T, et al. Repeated pain induces adaptations of intrinsic brain activity to reflect past and predict future pain. Neuroimage. 2011;57:206-213 pubmed publisher..Other ICNs of the intrinsic architecture remained unchanged. Due to the ubiquitous occurrence of ICNs in several species, we suggest intrinsic brain activity as an integrative mechanism reflecting accumulated experiences. ..
- Förderreuther S, Straube A. The criteria of the International Headache Society for Tolosa-Hunt syndrome need to be revised. J Neurol. 1999;246:371-7 pubmed..Clinical and radiological follow-up examinations must be performed for at least 2 years, even in patients with negative findings on magnetic resonance imaging at onset. ..
- Yousry I, Moriggl B, Schmid U, Wiesman M, Fesl G, Bruckmann H, et al. Detailed anatomy of the intracranial segment of the hypoglossal nerve: neurovascular relationships and landmarks on magnetic resonance imaging sequences. J Neurosurg. 2002;96:1113-22 pubmed..Landmarks such as the 12th nerve sleeves can assist in the identification of this nerve. ..
- Seidl T, Maier M, Refior H, Veihelmann A. [Chronic recurrent multifocal osteomyelitis]. Orthopade. 2003;32:535-40 pubmed..5 years with the cervical spine and the manubrium sterni being affected. The current state of diagnosis, therapy, and prognostic outlook of this rare disease are discussed...
- Stollfuss J, Becker K, Sendler A, Seidl S, Settles M, Auer F, et al. Rectal carcinoma: high-spatial-resolution MR imaging and T2 quantification in rectal cancer specimens. Radiology. 2006;241:132-41 pubmed
- Pollatos O, Schandry R, Auer D, Kaufmann C. Brain structures mediating cardiovascular arousal and interoceptive awareness. Brain Res. 2007;1141:178-87 pubmed..The dorsal cingulate gyrus and the dorsomedial prefrontal cortex presumably represent the neural substrates of experiencing negative emotions. ..
- Schmitt Sody M, Kirchhoff C, Mayer W, Goebel M, Jansson V. Avascular necrosis of the femoral head: inter- and intraobserver variations of Ficat and ARCO classifications. Int Orthop. 2008;32:283-7 pubmed..Thus, the Ficat and ARCO staging systems are still not sufficient to reliably assess the status of AVN alone. ..
- Kramer H, Runge V, Naul L, Loynachan A, Reiser M, Wintersperger B. Brain MRI with single-dose (0.1 mmol/kg) Gadobutrol at 1.5 T and 3 T: comparison with 0.15 mmol/kg Gadoterate meglumine. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2010;194:1337-42 pubmed publisher..In addition, increasing the dose of gadobutrol to 0.15 mmol/kg of body weight can potentially lead to better delineation of lesions. ..
- Knapman A, Kaltwasser S, Martins de Souza D, Holsboer F, Landgraf R, Turck C, et al. Increased stress reactivity is associated with reduced hippocampal activity and neuronal integrity along with changes in energy metabolism. Eur J Neurosci. 2012;35:412-22 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results provide further support for the involvement of a dysregulated HPA axis and mitochondrial dysfunction in the etiology and pathophysiology of affective disorders. ..
- Stabler A, Reiser M. Imaging of spinal infection. Radiol Clin North Am. 2001;39:115-35 pubmed..Erosive intervertebral osteochondrosis with bandlike disk gadolinium enhancement and BME, which is commonly associated with local pain, is the most important differential diagnosis of bacterial spondylitis...
- Huppertz A, Haraida S, Kraus A, Zech C, Scheidler J, Breuer J, et al. Enhancement of focal liver lesions at gadoxetic acid-enhanced MR imaging: correlation with histopathologic findings and spiral CT--initial observations. Radiology. 2005;234:468-78 pubmed..Arterial and portal venous MR images obtained with gadoxetic acid are comparable to those of CT. ..
- Beuschlein F. Adrenal incidentalomas: presentation and clinical work-up. Horm Res. 2007;68 Suppl 5:191-4 pubmed publisher..Detection and differential diagnosis of subtle changes in adrenal hormone secretion can pose a diagnostic challenge to the clinician, and accurate diagnosis is dependent on use of tests with reliable sensitivity and specificity. ..
- Goke B. What are the potential benefits of clinical beta-cell imaging in diabetes mellitus?. Curr Pharm Des. 2010;16:1547-9 pubmed..With new in vivo tools, studies of beta-cell mass and function may offer even new approaches stratifying patients to anti-diabetic therapies. ..
- Oberwelland E, Schilbach L, Barisic I, Krall S, Vogeley K, Fink G, et al. Look into my eyes: Investigating joint attention using interactive eye-tracking and fMRI in a developmental sample. Neuroimage. 2016;130:248-260 pubmed publisher..Taken together, this study provides first-time data on the developmental trajectories of JA and the effect of a familiar interaction partner incorporating the interactive character of JA, its reciprocity and motivational aspects. ..
- Yousry I, Dieterich M, Naidich T, Schmid U, Yousry T. Superior oblique myokymia: magnetic resonance imaging support for the neurovascular compression hypothesis. Ann Neurol. 2002;51:361-8 pubmed..In conclusion, superior oblique myokymia can result from neurovascular contact at the root exit zone of trochlear nerve, and therefore should be considered among the neurovascular compression syndromes...
- Amann B, Schafer M, Sterr A, Arnold S, Grunze H. Central pontine myelinolysis in a patient with anorexia nervosa. Int J Eat Disord. 2001;30:462-6 pubmed..Besides affective lability, incoherence, and an acute confusional state, surprisingly, no severe neurological symptoms emerged...
- Ruttinger D, van den Engel N, Winter H, Schlemmer M, Pohla H, Grützner S, et al. Adjuvant therapeutic vaccination in patients with non-small cell lung cancer made lymphopenic and reconstituted with autologous PBMC: first clinical experience and evidence of an immune response. J Transl Med. 2007;5:43 pubmed..Further studies to exploit homeostasis-driven T cell proliferation for the induction of a specific anti-tumor immune response in this clinical setting are warranted. ..
- Wagner J, Stephan T, Kalla R, Bruckmann H, Strupp M, Brandt T, et al. Mind the bend: cerebral activations associated with mental imagery of walking along a curved path. Exp Brain Res. 2008;191:247-55 pubmed publisher..These data complement earlier findings on the role of anticipatory eye movements during initiation of turns and suggest that there is a very close neurophysiologic relation between locomotion and its mental imagery. ..
- Holzer K, Esposito L, Stimmer H, Hemmer B, Poppert H. Cerebral vasculitis mimicking migraine with aura in a patient with Crohn's disease. Acta Neurol Belg. 2009;109:44-8 pubmed..In our patient, migraine with aura may have been the only symptom of cerebral vasculitis for several years. ..
- Bokde A, Cavedo E, Lopez Bayo P, Lista S, Meindl T, Born C, et al. Effects of rivastigmine on visual attention in subjects with amnestic mild cognitive impairment: A serial functional MRI activation pilot-study. Psychiatry Res Neuroimaging. 2016;249:84-90 pubmed publisher..Our data support the potential use of task fMRI to map specific treatment effects of cholinergic drugs during prodromal stages of Alzheimer's disease (AD). ..
- Shen J, Baum T, Cordes C, Ott B, Skurk T, Kooijman H, et al. Automatic segmentation of abdominal organs and adipose tissue compartments in water-fat MRI: Application to weight-loss in obesity. Eur J Radiol. 2016;85:1613-21 pubmed publisher..05). The presented fully automatic algorithm showed good performance in abdominal adipose tissue and organ segmentation, and allowed the detection of SAT and VAT subcompartments changes during weight loss. ..
- Righart R, Biberacher V, Jonkman L, Klaver R, Schmidt P, Buck D, et al. Cortical pathology in multiple sclerosis detected by the T1/T2-weighted ratio from routine magnetic resonance imaging. Ann Neurol. 2017;82:519-529 pubmed publisher..In multiple sclerosis, neuropathological studies have shown widespread changes in the cerebral cortex. In vivo imaging is critical, because the histopathological substrate of most measurements is unknown...
- Haritoglou C, Hintschich C. [Progressive enophthalmos in association with an orbital varix]. Klin Monbl Augenheilkd. 2003;220:268-71 pubmed..The orbital varix is a rare congenital disorder. Men and women are equally affected. The disease becomes usually apparent during the third decade of life...
- Kalla R, Mayer T, Hamann G. Bilateral anterior inferior cerebellar artery territory brachium pontis infarcts of probable hemodynamic cause. Eur Neurol. 2004;51:233-5 pubmed
- Linn J, Schwarz F, Schichor C, Wiesmann M. Cranial MRI of small rodents using a clinical MR scanner. Methods. 2007;43:2-11 pubmed..5 T scanner and clinically available radio frequency coils to keep material costs low and to circumvent the development of custom-made coils. ..
- Pekcec A, Unkrüer B, Stein V, Bankstahl J, Soerensen J, Tipold A, et al. Over-expression of P-glycoprotein in the canine brain following spontaneous status epilepticus. Epilepsy Res. 2009;83:144-51 pubmed publisher..Clinical studies with Pgp modulating compounds are currently envisaged in canine epilepsy. ..
- Sourbron S, Ingrisch M, Siefert A, Reiser M, Herrmann K. Quantification of cerebral blood flow, cerebral blood volume, and blood-brain-barrier leakage with DCE-MRI. Magn Reson Med. 2009;62:205-17 pubmed publisher..The measurement sequence requires optimization to improve CNR and the precision in the perfusion parameters. With this approach, DCE-MRI presents a promising alternative to DSC-MRI for quantitative bolus-tracking in the brain. ..
- Beer A, Schwaiger M. PET imaging of ?v?3 expression in cancer patients. Methods Mol Biol. 2011;680:183-200 pubmed publisher..Finally, the performance of PET will be compared to other methods of imaging of ?v?3 expression, like magnetic resonance imaging, ultrasound, or optical imaging. ..
- Dresler M, Koch S, Wehrle R, Spoormaker V, Holsboer F, Steiger A, et al. Dreamed movement elicits activation in the sensorimotor cortex. Curr Biol. 2011;21:1833-7 pubmed publisher..Though preliminary, we provide first evidence that specific contents of REM-associated dreaming can be visualized by neuroimaging. ..
- Péporté A, Sommer W, Nikolaou K, Reiser M, Zech C. Imaging features of intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma in Gd-EOB-DTPA-enhanced MRI. Eur J Radiol. 2013;82:e101-6 pubmed publisher..Consequently, hepatobiliary phase images in Gd-EOB-DTPA-enhanced MRI images might be helpful for therapy planning due to the exact depiction of the tumour borders. ..
- Weckbach S. Whole-body MRI for inflammatory arthritis and other multifocal rheumatoid diseases. Semin Musculoskelet Radiol. 2012;16:377-88 pubmed publisher..WBMRI is particularly useful for studying internal organ involvement, especially the brain, heart, and lungs in connective tissue diseases such as systemic lupus erythematosus in one whole-body exam. ..
- Lee M, Seo S, Na D, Kim C, Park J, Kim G, et al. Synergistic effects of ischemia and ?-amyloid burden on cognitive decline in patients with subcortical vascular mild cognitive impairment. JAMA Psychiatry. 2014;71:412-22 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our findings highlight the need for accurate biomarkers, including neuroimaging tools, for early diagnosis and the need to relate these biomarkers to cognitive measurements for effective use in the clinical setting. ..
- Siroky B, Towbin A, Trout A, Schäfer H, Thamann A, Agricola K, et al. Improvement in Renal Cystic Disease of Tuberous Sclerosis Complex After Treatment with Mammalian Target of Rapamycin Inhibitor. J Pediatr. 2017;187:318-322.e2 pubmed publisher..Reductions in cyst number, sum diameter, and volume were observed. ..
- Link T, Mischung J, Wörtler K, Burkart A, Rummeny E, Imhoff A. Normal and pathological MR findings in osteochondral autografts with longitudinal follow-up. Eur Radiol. 2006;16:88-96 pubmed..Clinical and MR findings were not consistently associated in particular in the patients with osteochondral autograft necroses. ..
- Hüfner K, Hamilton D, Kalla R, Stephan T, Glasauer S, Ma J, et al. Spatial memory and hippocampal volume in humans with unilateral vestibular deafferentation. Hippocampus. 2007;17:471-85 pubmed..Volumetry did not reveal any atrophy of the hippocampus in either patient group. ..
- Higuchi T, Anton M, Dumler K, Seidl S, Pelisek J, Saraste A, et al. Combined reporter gene PET and iron oxide MRI for monitoring survival and localization of transplanted cells in the rat heart. J Nucl Med. 2009;50:1088-94 pubmed publisher..This multimodality approach allows complementary analysis of cell localization and viability. ..
- Hossann M, Wang T, Syunyaeva Z, Wiggenhorn M, Zengerle A, Issels R, et al. Non-ionic Gd-based MRI contrast agents are optimal for encapsulation into phosphatidyldiglycerol-based thermosensitive liposomes. J Control Release. 2013;166:22-9 pubmed publisher..Hence, the optimal CA is characterized by a non-ionic structure and a low contribution to osmolality. ..
- Krasnianski A, Heinemann U, Ponto C, Kortt J, Kallenberg K, Varges D, et al. Clinical findings and diagnosis in genetic prion diseases in Germany. Eur J Epidemiol. 2016;31:187-96 pubmed publisher..Frequency of clinical symptoms and signs was similar in different mutations in a later disease course, but the sequence of occurrence may be of great diagnostic importance. CSF markers were shown to be more sensitive than MRI and EEG. ..
- Hyafil F, Schindler A, Sepp D, Obenhuber T, Bayer Karpinska A, Boeckh Behrens T, et al. High-risk plaque features can be detected in non-stenotic carotid plaques of patients with ischaemic stroke classified as cryptogenic using combined (18)F-FDG PET/MR imaging. Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2016;43:270-279 pubmed publisher..Combined (18)F-FDG PET/MRI systems might help in the evaluation of patients with ischaemic stroke classified as cryptogenic. ..
- Shevtsov M, Nikolaev B, Yakovleva L, Parr M, Marchenko Y, Eliseev I, et al. 70-kDa heat shock protein coated magnetic nanocarriers as a nanovaccine for induction of anti-tumor immune response in experimental glioma. J Control Release. 2015;220:329-340 pubmed publisher..Taken together the study demonstrates that magnetic nanocarriers such as SPIONs coated with Hsp70 can be applied as a platform for boosting anti-cancer immune responses. ..
- Moschetti K, Petersen S, Pilz G, Kwong R, Wasserfallen J, Lombardi M, et al. Cost-minimization analysis of three decision strategies for cardiac revascularization: results of the "suspected CAD" cohort of the european cardiovascular magnetic resonance registry. J Cardiovasc Magn Reson. 2016;18:3 pubmed publisher..However, in the subgroup of patients with typical angina, cost savings were only minimal to moderate. ..
- Kastenbauer S, Winkler F, Fesl G, Schiel X, Ostermann H, Yousry T, et al. Acute severe spinal cord dysfunction in bacterial meningitis in adults: MRI findings suggest extensive myelitis. Arch Neurol. 2001;58:806-10 pubmed..In spinal cord dysfunction, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) is the imaging modality of choice. Still, MRI findings of myelitis due to bacterial meningitis in adults have not been reported...
- Eiber M, Martinez MÃ¶ller A, Souvatzoglou M, Holzapfel K, Pickhard A, LÃ¶ffelbein D, et al. Value of a Dixon-based MR/PET attenuation correction sequence for the localization and evaluation of PET-positive lesions. Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2011;38:1691-701 pubmed publisher..Thus, this approach appears to be useful for future MR/PET for body regions not fully covered by diagnostic MRI due to potential time constraints. ..
- Martínez Möller A, Eiber M, Nekolla S, Souvatzoglou M, Drzezga A, Ziegler S, et al. Workflow and scan protocol considerations for integrated whole-body PET/MRI in oncology. J Nucl Med. 2012;53:1415-26 pubmed publisher..The aim is to fully and optimally make use of the combined PET/MRI measurements in oncology, including identifying and reducing image artifacts as well as optimizing workflow beyond the mere fusion of 2 image datasets. ..
- Tjaden C, Hinz U, Hassenpflug M, Fritz F, Fritz S, Grenacher L, et al. Fluid collection after distal pancreatectomy: a frequent finding. HPB (Oxford). 2016;18:35-40 pubmed publisher..Multivariate analysis revealed standard resections as the only significant factor for FC. FCs at the resection margin after DP are frequent and harmless findings. Therapeutic interventions are required in only 9% of all FC patients. ..
- Koch J, Feichtinger R, Freisinger P, Pies M, SchrÃ¶dl F, Iuso A, et al. Disturbed mitochondrial and peroxisomal dynamics due to loss of MFF causes Leigh-like encephalopathy, optic atrophy and peripheral neuropathy. J Med Genet. 2016;53:270-8 pubmed publisher..We suggest that, even if laboratory findings are not indicative of mitochondrial or peroxisomal dysfunction, the co-occurrence of optic and/or peripheral neuropathy with seizures warrants genetic testing for MFF mutations. ..
- MÃ¼hlau M, Gaser C, Ilg R, Conrad B, Leibl C, Cebulla M, et al. Gray matter decrease of the anterior cingulate cortex in anorexia nervosa. Am J Psychiatry. 2007;164:1850-7 pubmed..Further research is warranted to determine the cause, specificity, and functional consequences of this structural brain change in anorexia nervosa. ..
- Kaczmarek I, Schmauss D, Sodian R, Beiras Fernandez A, Oberhoffer M, Daebritz S, et al. Late-onset tacrolimus-associated cerebellar atrophia in a heart transplant recipient. J Heart Lung Transplant. 2007;26:89-92 pubmed..His neurologic constitution ameliorated after an immunosuppressant switch from tacrolimus to sirolimus...
- Knels C, Danek A. Loss of word-meaning with spared object semantics in a case of mixed primary progressive aphasia. Brain Lang. 2010;113:96-100 pubmed publisher..It is also suggested that a mixed version of primary progressive aphasia should be taken into consideration as accepted clinical subtype. ..
- Goebels N, Helmchen C, Abele Horn M, Gasser T, Pfister H. Extensive myelitis associated with Mycoplasma pneumoniae infection: magnetic resonance imaging and clinical long-term follow-up. J Neurol. 2001;248:204-8 pubmed..pneumoniae associated myelitis and warrant further more systematic studies to ascertain the relationship between spinal MRI findings and prognosis. ..
- Dichgans M. CADASIL: a monogenic condition causing stroke and subcortical vascular dementia. Cerebrovasc Dis. 2002;13 Suppl 2:37-41 pubmed..CADASIL has opened a new perspective in studying basic mechanisms of vessel wall degeneration and ischemic tissue damage related to small vessel disease. ..
- Notohamiprodjo M, Sourbron S, Staehler M, Michaely H, Attenberger U, Schmidt G, et al. Measuring perfusion and permeability in renal cell carcinoma with dynamic contrast-enhanced MRI: a pilot study. J Magn Reson Imaging. 2010;31:490-501 pubmed publisher..Quantification with a two-compartment-exchange-model produces a separate perfusion- and permeability characterization and may become a diagnostic tool to monitor antiangiogenic treatment. ..
- Raya J, Dietrich O, Horng A, Weber J, Reiser M, Glaser C. T2 measurement in articular cartilage: impact of the fitting method on accuracy and precision at low SNR. Magn Reson Med. 2010;63:181-93 pubmed publisher..Therefore, using an adequate fit method may substantially improve the sensitivity of T2 to detect pathology in cartilage and change in T2 follow-up examinations. ..
- Stoffel M, Behr M, Reinke A, Stuer C, Ringel F, Meyer B. Pedicle screw-based dynamic stabilization of the thoracolumbar spine with the Cosmic-system: a prospective observation. Acta Neurochir (Wien). 2010;152:835-43 pubmed publisher..A reoperation rate of 10% during follow-up seems relatively high at first glance. Comparable data, however, are scarce, and a prospective randomized trial (spondylodesis vs. dynamic stabilization) is warranted based on these results. ..
- Habarou F, Hamel Y, Haack T, Feichtinger R, Lebigot E, Marquardt I, et al. Biallelic Mutations in LIPT2 Cause a Mitochondrial Lipoylation Defect Associated with Severe Neonatal Encephalopathy. Am J Hum Genet. 2017;101:283-290 pubmed publisher..Lipoic acid supplementation did not improve clinical condition nor activities of PDHc, ?-KGDHc, or leucine metabolism in fibroblasts and was ineffective in yeast deleted for the orthologous LIP2. ..
- Baum T, Cordes C, Dieckmeyer M, Ruschke S, Franz D, Hauner H, et al. MR-based assessment of body fat distribution and characteristics. Eur J Radiol. 2016;85:1512-8 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, MR methods reliably allow the assessment of body fat distribution and characteristics. Irrespective of the promising findings based on these MR methods the clinical usefulness remains to be established. ..
- Spoormaker V, Schröter M, Andrade K, Dresler M, Kiem S, Goya Maldonado R, et al. Effects of rapid eye movement sleep deprivation on fear extinction recall and prediction error signaling. Hum Brain Mapp. 2012;33:2362-76 pubmed publisher..Moreover, our findings are indicative of REM sleep related plasticity in regions that also show an increase in activity during REM sleep. ..
- Hoffmann R, Paprottka P, Schön A, Bamberg F, Haug A, Dürr E, et al. Transarterial hepatic yttrium-90 radioembolization in patients with unresectable intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma: factors associated with prolonged survival. Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol. 2012;35:105-16 pubmed publisher..9, 9.8 vs. 2.5 months), respectively (P < 0.001). Radioembolization is an effective and safe option for patients with unresectable ICC. Predictors for prolonged survival are performance status, tumor burden, and RECIST response. ..
- Schmid Tannwald C, Herrmann K, Oto A, Panteleon A, Reiser M, Zech C. Optimization of the dynamic, Gd-EOB-DTPA-enhanced MRI of the liver: the effect of the injection rate. Acta Radiol. 2012;53:961-5 pubmed publisher..The study shows that a lower injection rate of 1 mL/s enables a higher enhancement in the aorta in the arterial phase compared with Gd-EOB-DTPA-enhanced MRI with the more commonly used injection rate of 2 mL/s. ..
- Gersing A, Faymonville A, Schwaiger B, Leypoldt F, Siemonsen S, Zimmer C, et al. Quantitative T2* mapping reveals early temporo-spatial dynamics in an ischemic stroke model. J Neurosci Methods. 2016;259:83-89 pubmed publisher..Quantitative T2* imaging might be a feasible tool to indicate change of oxygenation in acute stroke imaging, without administration of contrast agent. ..
- Mühlau M, Schlegel J, von Einsiedel H, Conrad B, Sander D. Multiple progressive intracerebral hemorrhages due to an angiosarcoma: a case report. Eur J Neurol. 2003;10:741-2 pubmed..In the presence of normal coagulation tests, further progression of ICH should raise questions about common causes of ICH such as oral anticoagulation in our case. ..
- ChoukÃ¨r A, Lizak M, Schimel D, Helmberger T, Ward J, Despres D, et al. Comparison of Fenestra VC Contrast-enhanced computed tomography imaging with gadopentetate dimeglumine and ferucarbotran magnetic resonance imaging for the in vivo evaluation of murine liver damage after ischemia and reperfusion. Invest Radiol. 2008;43:77-91 pubmed publisher
- Kuhle J, Hardmeier M, Disanto G, Gugleta K, Ecsedi M, Lienert C, et al. A 10-year follow-up of the European multicenter trial of interferon Î²-1b in secondary-progressive multiple sclerosis. Mult Scler. 2016;22:533-43 pubmed publisher..The progressive stage of the disease remains largely unpredictable by clinical and conventional MRI measures, so better prognostic markers are needed. ..
- Mühlau M, Wohlschlager A, Gaser C, Valet M, Weindl A, Nunnemann S, et al. Voxel-based morphometry in individual patients: a pilot study in early Huntington disease. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2009;30:539-43 pubmed publisher..Our pilot study demonstrates a potential role of VBM for the detection of cerebral GM changes in single subjects with suspected neurodegenerative disorder. ..
- Schratzenstaller B, Wagner Manslau C, Strasser G, Arnold W. Canalolithiasis of the superior semicircular canal: an anomaly in benign paroxysmal vertigo. Acta Otolaryngol. 2005;125:1055-62 pubmed..The authors present three patients with canalolithiasis of the superior semicircular canal and offer direct proof of the condition using high-resolution 3D MRI. ..
- Woertler K. Tumors and tumor-like lesions of peripheral nerves. Semin Musculoskelet Radiol. 2010;14:547-58 pubmed publisher..Typical findings are illustrated on the basis of histologically confirmed cases. ..
- Schoser B, Glaser D, Müller Höcker J. Clinicopathological analysis of the homozygous p.W1327X AGL mutation in glycogen storage disease type 3. Am J Med Genet A. 2008;146A:2911-5 pubmed publisher..Even heterozygous p.W1327X mutation carriers may present with mild non-progressive neuromuscular symptoms, such as exercise-induced myalgia and fatigue. ..
- Astner S, Bundschuh R, Beer A, Ziegler S, Krause B, Schwaiger M, et al. Assessment of tumor volumes in skull base glomus tumors using Gluc-Lys[(18)F]-TOCA positron emission tomography. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2009;73:1135-40 pubmed publisher..Especially in patients with recurrent tumors after surgery, Gluc-Lys[(18)F]-TOCA PET improves the accuracy of GTV delineation. ..
- Pietschmann M, Niethammer T, Horng A, Gülecyüz M, Feist Pagenstert I, Jansson V, et al. The incidence and clinical relevance of graft hypertrophy after matrix-based autologous chondrocyte implantation. Am J Sports Med. 2012;40:68-74 pubmed publisher..It is therefore usually not a persistent or systematic complication in the treatment of circumscribed cartilage defects with mb-ACI. ..
- Peters N, Holtmannspotter M, Opherk C, Gschwendtner A, Herzog J, Sämann P, et al. Brain volume changes in CADASIL: a serial MRI study in pure subcortical ischemic vascular disease. Neurology. 2006;66:1517-22 pubmed..Age and systolic blood pressure are risk factors for brain volume loss during follow-up. Percent brain volume change seems promising as an adjunct outcome measure in future interventional trials. ..
- Auer D, Putz B, Gössl C, Elbel G, Gasser T, Dichgans M. Differential lesion patterns in CADASIL and sporadic subcortical arteriosclerotic encephalopathy: MR imaging study with statistical parametric group comparison. Radiology. 2001;218:443-51 pubmed..In addition, the study demonstrates the potential of automated image analysis to explore MR imaging lesion patterns. ..
- Holzer K, Feurer R, Sadikovic S, Esposito L, Bockelbrink A, Sander D, et al. Prognostic value of the ABCD2 score beyond short-term follow-up after transient ischemic attack (TIA)--a cohort study. BMC Neurol. 2010;10:50 pubmed publisher..An ABCD2 score > 3 is associated with an increased general risk for vascular events in the medium- to long-term follow-up after TIA. ..
- Ntziachristos V. Optical imaging of molecular signatures in pulmonary inflammation. Proc Am Thorac Soc. 2009;6:416-8 pubmed publisher..Overall, the proposed imaging method can be used with a significantly wider range of possible targets and applications in lung imaging. ..
- Heck A, Fastenrath M, Ackermann S, Auschra B, Bickel H, Coynel D, et al. Converging genetic and functional brain imaging evidence links neuronal excitability to working memory, psychiatric disease, and brain activity. Neuron. 2014;81:1203-1213 pubmed publisher..Gene set analyses may help to dissect the molecular underpinnings of cognitive dimensions, brain activity, and psychopathology. ..
- Yousry I, Muacevic A, Olteanu Nerbe V, Naidich T, Yousry T. Exophytic pilocytic astrocytoma of the brain stem in an adult with encasement of the caudal cranial nerve complex (IX-XII): presurgical anatomical neuroimaging using MRI. Eur Radiol. 2004;14:1169-73 pubmed
- Jarius S, Franciotta D, Bergamaschi R, Rauer S, Wandinger K, Petereit H, et al. Polyspecific, antiviral immune response distinguishes multiple sclerosis and neuromyelitis optica. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2008;79:1134-6 pubmed publisher..Our findings further strengthen the case for NMO being pathologically distinct from MS. ..
- Blautzik J, Keeser D, Paolini M, Kirsch V, Berman A, Coates U, et al. Functional connectivity increase in the default-mode network of patients with Alzheimer's disease after long-term treatment with Galantamine. Eur Neuropsychopharmacol. 2016;26:602-13 pubmed publisher..05). Cognitive performance remained stable within groups over time indicating that resting-state fMRI may be sensitive for the detection of pharmacologically induced effects on brain function of AD patients. ..
- Bonel H, Heuck A, Frei K, Herrmann K, Scheidler J, Srivastav S, et al. Carpal tunnel syndrome: assessment by turbo spin echo, spin echo, and magnetization transfer imaging applied in a low-field MR system. J Comput Assist Tomogr. 2001;25:137-45 pubmed..At low-field strength, median nerve edema is best depicted on T2-weighted TSE sequences, whereas MTC sequences are most sensitive to perineural contrast enhancement. ..
- Hufner K, Stephan T, Kalla R, Deutschlander A, Wagner J, Holtmannspotter M, et al. Structural and functional MRIs disclose cerebellar pathologies in idiopathic downbeat nystagmus. Neurology. 2007;69:1128-35 pubmed..Our data are in line with experiments in primates showing that ablation of the floccular and parafloccular lobes disrupts smooth pursuit and causes DBN. ..
- Grosu A, Piert M, Weber W, Jeremic B, Picchio M, Schratzenstaller U, et al. Positron emission tomography for radiation treatment planning. Strahlenther Onkol. 2005;181:483-99 pubmed..To define the real impact of this investigation in radiation treatment planning, subsequent experimental, clinical and cost-benefit analyses are required. ..
- Szameitat A, Raabe M, MÃ¼ller H, Greenlee M, MourÃ£o Miranda J. Motor imagery of voluntary coughing: a functional MRI study using a support vector machine. Neuroreport. 2010;21:980-4 pubmed publisher..We conclude that motor imagery can be a suitable paradigm to investigate respiration, and that support vector machine analysis is potentially more sensitive and specific than a standard univariate analysis. ..
- Kunz W, Jungblut L, Kazmierczak P, Vettermann F, Bollenbacher A, Tonn J, et al. Improved Detection of Transosseous Meningiomas Using 68Ga-DOTATATE PET/CT Compared with Contrast-Enhanced MRI. J Nucl Med. 2017;58:1580-1587 pubmed publisher..001). Conclusion:68Ga-DOTATATE PET/CT enables improved detection of the transosseous extension of intracranial meningiomas compared with CE-MRI. ..
- Schnell O, Krebs B, Carlsen J, Miederer I, Goetz C, Goldbrunner R, et al. Imaging of integrin alpha(v)beta(3) expression in patients with malignant glioma by [18F] Galacto-RGD positron emission tomography. Neuro Oncol. 2009;11:861-70 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that [(18)F] Galacto-RGD PET successfully identifies alpha(v)beta(3) expression in patients with GBM and might be a promising tool for planning and monitoring individualized cancer therapies targeting this integrin. ..
- Duering M, Csanadi E, Gesierich B, Jouvent E, Herve D, Seiler S, et al. Incident lacunes preferentially localize to the edge of white matter hyperintensities: insights into the pathophysiology of cerebral small vessel disease. Brain. 2013;136:2717-26 pubmed publisher..Our observations further support and refine the concept of the white matter hyperintensity penumbra. ..
- Zieren N, Duering M, Peters N, Reyes S, Jouvent E, Herve D, et al. Education modifies the relation of vascular pathology to cognitive function: cognitive reserve in cerebral autosomal dominant arteriopathy with subcortical infarcts and leukoencephalopathy. Neurobiol Aging. 2013;34:400-7 pubmed publisher..The results extend the concept of CR to VCI. ..
- Koepp M, Årstad E, Bankstahl J, Dedeurwaerdere S, Friedman A, Potschka H, et al. Neuroinflammation imaging markers for epileptogenesis. Epilepsia. 2017;58 Suppl 3:11-19 pubmed publisher..Finally, mechanistic biomarkers of epileptogenesis may provide more profound insight in the process of disease development. ..
- Lindner L, Reinl H, Schlemmer M, Stahl R, Peller M. Paramagnetic thermosensitive liposomes for MR-thermometry. Int J Hyperthermia. 2005;21:575-88 pubmed..Nevertheless, before entering clinical trials they have to be studied in more detail with regard to dose, pharmacokinetics and toxicity. ..