Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Würzburg, Bavaria, Germany
Locale: Würzburg, Bavaria, Germany
Publications538 found, 100 shown here
- Bronnhuber A, Maier E, Riedl Z, Hajós G, Benz R, Barth H. Inhibitions of the translocation pore of Clostridium botulinum C2 toxin by tailored azolopyridinium salts protects human cells from intoxication. Toxicology. 2014;316:25-33 pubmed publisher..Thus, heterocyclic azolopyridinium salts could represent lead compounds for development of novel therapeutics against binary clostridial toxins. ..
- Goede V, Busch R, Bahlo J, Chataline V, Kremers S, Müller L, et al. Low-dose fludarabine with or without darbepoetin alfa in patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia and comorbidity: primary results of the CLL9 trial of the German CLL Study Group. Leuk Lymphoma. 2016;57:596-603 pubmed publisher..In subjects with progressive/recurrent CLL during or after study treatment, overall survival was similar for patients receiving chemotherapy versus chemoimmunotherapy as salvage treatment. ..
- Schrötter A, Oberhaus A, Kolbe K, Seger S, Mastalski T, El Magraoui F, et al. LMD proteomics provides evidence for hippocampus field-specific motor protein abundance changes with relevance to Alzheimer's disease. Biochim Biophys Acta Proteins Proteom. 2017;1865:703-714 pubmed publisher..High abundance of motor proteins in pyramidal cell layers CA1 compared to CA2 and CA3 points the specific vulnerability of this hippocampal area to transport-associated changes based on microtubule dysfunction and destabilization in AD. ..
- Ziebuhr J, Siddell S. Processing of the human coronavirus 229E replicase polyproteins by the virus-encoded 3C-like proteinase: identification of proteolytic products and cleavage sites common to pp1a and pp1ab. J Virol. 1999;73:177-85 pubmed
- Schmidt E, Sitaru C, Schubert B, Wesselmann U, Kromminga A, Bröcker E, et al. Subacute prurigo variant of bullous pemphigoid: autoantibodies show the same specificity compared with classic bullous pemphigoid. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2002;47:133-6 pubmed..Our findings suggest that the subacute prurigo form of BP is a true variant of BP. ..
- Rose E, Wever S, Zilliken D, Linse R, Haustein U, Bröcker E. Intravenous dexamethasone-cyclophosphamide pulse therapy in comparison with oral methylprednisolone-azathioprine therapy in patients with pemphigus: results of a multicenter prospectively randomized study. J Dtsch Dermatol Ges. 2005;3:200-6 pubmed..Nevertheless D/C therapy seemed to be better tolerated and, in case of primary efficacy, was associated with fewer recurrences than M/A therapy. ..
- Schupp N, Dette E, Schmid U, Bahner U, Winkler M, Heidland A, et al. Benfotiamine reduces genomic damage in peripheral lymphocytes of hemodialysis patients. Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol. 2008;378:283-91 pubmed publisher..The second study gave a hint to the mechanism, as the antioxidative capacity of the plasma of the treated patients clearly increased, which might ameliorate the DNA damage. ..
- Krieter D, Hackl A, Rodriguez A, Chenine L, Moragues H, Lemke H, et al. Protein-bound uraemic toxin removal in haemodialysis and post-dilution haemodiafiltration. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2010;25:212-8 pubmed publisher..For a sustained decrease of pCS and IS plasma levels, alternative strategies promise to be more efficient therapy forms. ..
- Krockenberger M, Engel J, Kolb J, Dombrowsky Y, Häusler S, Kohrenhagen N, et al. Macrophage migration inhibitory factor expression in cervical cancer. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2010;136:651-7 pubmed publisher..The overexpression of MIF on the protein and mRNA level, as well as its secretion by cervical cancer cells points to a critical role of the protein for the pathogenesis of uterine cervical cancer. ..
- Stellzig Eisenhauer A, Decker E, Meyer Marcotty P, Rau C, Fiebig B, Kress W, et al. Primary failure of eruption (PFE)--clinical and molecular genetics analysis. J Orofac Orthop. 2010;71:6-16 pubmed publisher..Moreover, it has a negative influence on unaffected teeth and areas of the jaw. ..
- Sologub L, Kuehn A, Kern S, Przyborski J, Schillig R, Pradel G. Malaria proteases mediate inside-out egress of gametocytes from red blood cells following parasite transmission to the mosquito. Cell Microbiol. 2011;13:897-912 pubmed publisher..Approximately 15 min post activation, the erythrocyte membrane ruptures at a single breaking point, which can be inhibited by inhibitors TLCK and TPCK. In all cases inhibitor treatment results in interrupted gametogenesis. ..
- Klaiber M, Dankworth B, Kruse M, Hartmann M, Nikolaev V, Yang R, et al. A cardiac pathway of cyclic GMP-independent signaling of guanylyl cyclase A, the receptor for atrial natriuretic peptide. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:18500-5 pubmed publisher..The concomitant rise in [Ca(2+)](i) might increase the propensity to cardiac hypertrophy and arrhythmias. ..
- Faulstich M, Böttcher J, Meyer T, Fraunholz M, Rudel T. Pilus phase variation switches gonococcal adherence to invasion by caveolin-1-dependent host cell signaling. PLoS Pathog. 2013;9:e1003373 pubmed publisher..Our data describe a novel route of bacterial entry into epithelial cells and offer the first mechanistic insight into the switch from local to invasive gonococcal infection. ..
- Weidemann F, Störk S, Liu D, Hu K, Herrmann S, Ertl G, et al. Cardiomyopathy of Friedreich ataxia. J Neurochem. 2013;126 Suppl 1:88-93 pubmed publisher..This review discusses important clinical and diagnostic features of the cardiomyopathy in Friedreich's ataxia and potential therapeutic developments. ..
- Müller E, Keller A, Fregin A, Muller C, Rost S. Confirmation of warfarin resistance of naturally occurring VKORC1 variants by coexpression with coagulation factor IX and in silico protein modelling. BMC Genet. 2014;15:17 pubmed publisher..All mutations studied were also predicted to be involved in the reaction mechanism. ..
- Yang Y, Kelly P, Shaffer A, Schmitz R, Yoo H, Liu X, et al. Targeting Non-proteolytic Protein Ubiquitination for the Treatment of Diffuse Large B Cell Lymphoma. Cancer Cell. 2016;29:494-507 pubmed publisher..SMAC mimetics target cIAP1/2 for destruction, and consequently suppress NF-?B and selectively kill BCR-dependent ABC DLBCL lines, supporting their clinical evaluation in patients with ABC DLBCL. ..
- Sperlich B, Achtzehn S, De Marees M, von Papen H, Mester J. Load management in elite German distance runners during 3-weeks of high-altitude training. Physiol Rep. 2016;4: pubmed publisher..The dense screening of biomarkers in the present case study may stimulate further research to identify candidate markers for load monitoring in elite middle- and long-distance runners during a training camp at altitude. ..
- Abele Horn M, Schupfner B, Emmerling P, Waldner H, Goring H. Persistent wound infection after herniotomy associated with small-colony variants of Staphylococcus aureus. Infection. 2000;28:53-4 pubmed..Surgery and antibiotic treatment of the patient with flucloxacillin and rifampicin for 4 weeks resulted in healing of the chronic wound infection. ..
- Reif A, Herterich S, Strobel A, Ehlis A, Saur D, Jacob C, et al. A neuronal nitric oxide synthase (NOS-I) haplotype associated with schizophrenia modifies prefrontal cortex function. Mol Psychiatry. 2006;11:286-300 pubmed..Collectively these findings suggest that regulatory polymorphisms of NOS1 contribute to the genetic risk for SCZ, and modulate prefrontal brain functioning. ..
- Hansen Hagge T, Baumeister E, Bauer T, Schmiedeke D, Renne T, Wanner C, et al. Transmission of oxLDL-derived lipid peroxide radicals into membranes of vascular cells is the main inducer of oxLDL-mediated oxidative stress. Atherosclerosis. 2008;197:602-11 pubmed..The novel data may help to design adequate therapeutic strategies against oxLDL-induced cardiovascular diseases. ..
- Kolb Mäurer A, Grzeschik K, Haas D, Bröcker E, Hamm H. Conradi-Hünermann-Happle syndrome (X-linked dominant chondrodysplasia punctata) confirmed by plasma sterol and mutation analysis. Acta Derm Venereol. 2008;88:47-51 pubmed publisher..We suggest that plasma sterol analysis is a reliable method of establishing the diagnosis of Conradi-Hünermann-Happle syndrome, even in patients with less striking phenotypical changes beyond infancy. ..
- Weismann D, Briese J, Niemann J, Grüneberger M, Adam P, Hahner S, et al. Osteopontin stimulates invasion of NCI-h295 cells but is not associated with survival in adrenocortical carcinoma. J Pathol. 2009;218:232-40 pubmed publisher..This relationship remains of relevance to our understanding of carcinogenesis, but further studies are needed to address the physiological and pathological function of OPN in adrenal tissue. ..
- Bersani I, Speer C, Kunzmann S. Surfactant proteins A and D in pulmonary diseases of preterm infants. Expert Rev Anti Infect Ther. 2012;10:573-84 pubmed publisher..Based on these assumptions, new-generation surfactants, enriched with SP-A and/or SP-D, may enhance the function of immune system and lungs in neonates, potentially improving the clinical outcome. ..
- Hintzsche H, Jastrow C, Kleine Ostmann T, Karst U, Schrader T, Stopper H. Terahertz electromagnetic fields (0.106 THz) do not induce manifest genomic damage in vitro. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e46397 pubmed publisher..No DNA strand breaks or alkali-labile sites were observed as a consequence of exposure to terahertz electromagnetic fields in the comet assay. The fields did not cause chromosomal damage in the form of micronucleus induction. ..
- Raghavan B, Martin S, Esser P, Goebeler M, Schmidt M. Metal allergens nickel and cobalt facilitate TLR4 homodimerization independently of MD2. EMBO Rep. 2012;13:1109-15 pubmed publisher..Yet, in interaction studies only LPS- but not metal-induced dimerization required MD2. Consistently, soluble TLR4 expressed without MD2 inhibited metal- but not LPS-induced responses, opening new therapeutic perspectives...
- Fraune J, Brochier Armanet C, Alsheimer M, Benavente R. Phylogenies of central element proteins reveal the dynamic evolutionary history of the mammalian synaptonemal complex: ancient and recent components. Genetics. 2013;195:781-93 pubmed publisher..Certain proteins appear to be ancient in animals, but successive addition of further components as well as protein loss and/or replacements have also taken place in some lineages. ..
- Hosp C, Naumann M, Hamm H. Botulinum Toxin Treatment of Autonomic Disorders: Focal Hyperhidrosis and Sialorrhea. Semin Neurol. 2016;36:20-8 pubmed publisher..With correct dosing and application, side effects are manageable and transient. ..
- Stritt S, Nurden P, Favier R, Favier M, Ferioli S, Gotru S, et al. Defects in TRPM7 channel function deregulate thrombopoiesis through altered cellular Mg(2+) homeostasis and cytoskeletal architecture. Nat Commun. 2016;7:11097 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our findings reveal that TRPM7 dysfunction may cause macrothrombocytopenia in humans and mice. ..
- Harmsen D, Singer C, Rothganger J, Tønjum T, de Hoog G, Shah H, et al. Diagnostics of neisseriaceae and moraxellaceae by ribosomal DNA sequencing: ribosomal differentiation of medical microorganisms. J Clin Microbiol. 2001;39:936-42 pubmed..ridom.hygiene.uni-wuerzburg.de/). Users can submit a sequence and conduct a similarity search against the RIDOM reference database for microbial identification purposes...
- Path G, Opel A, Knoll A, Seufert J. Nuclear protein p8 is associated with glucose-induced pancreatic beta-cell growth. Diabetes. 2004;53 Suppl 1:S82-5 pubmed..Binding of glucose-activated protein kinase C (PKC) to two PKC sites within a highly conserved region of the p8 protein may be a possible mechanism linking glucose and p8 pathways leading to proliferation. ..
- Agerer F, Lux S, Michel A, Rohde M, Ohlsen K, Hauck C. Cellular invasion by Staphylococcus aureus reveals a functional link between focal adhesion kinase and cortactin in integrin-mediated internalisation. J Cell Sci. 2005;118:2189-200 pubmed..Cooperation between FAK, Src and cortactin in integrin-mediated internalisation of bacteria also suggests a molecular scenario of how engagement of integrins could be coupled to membrane endocytosis. ..
- Chuang W, Strobel P, Gold R, Nix W, Schalke B, Kiefer R, et al. A CTLA4high genotype is associated with myasthenia gravis in thymoma patients. Ann Neurol. 2005;58:644-8 pubmed..The unusual disease association with a CTLA4high genotype implies a unique pathogenesis of paraneoplastic MG, with high CTLA4 levels possibly supporting the nontolerogenic selection of CD4+ T cells in MG-associated thymomas. ..
- Selch S, Strobel A, Haderlein J, Meyer J, Jacob C, Schmitt A, et al. MLC1 polymorphisms are specifically associated with periodic catatonia, a subgroup of chronic schizophrenia. Biol Psychiatry. 2007;61:1211-4 pubmed..A haplotype constructed from all polymorphisms was also associated with periodic catatonia. The MLC1 variation is associated with periodic catatonia; whether it constitutes a susceptibility or a modifier gene has to be determined. ..
- Bárcena Uribarri I, Thein M, Sacher A, Bunikis I, Bonde M, Bergstrom S, et al. P66 porins are present in both Lyme disease and relapsing fever spirochetes: a comparison of the biophysical properties of P66 porins from six Borrelia species. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2010;1798:1197-203 pubmed publisher..The P66 homologues of the six Borrelia species were purified to homogeneity and their pore-forming abilities as well as the biophysical properties of the pores were analyzed using the black lipid bilayer assay. ..
- Schröter J, Zahedi R, Hartmann M, Gassner B, Gazinski A, Waschke J, et al. Homologous desensitization of guanylyl cyclase A, the receptor for atrial natriuretic peptide, is associated with a complex phosphorylation pattern. FEBS J. 2010;277:2440-53 pubmed publisher..The identification and further characterization of the specific mechanisms involved in the downregulation of GC-A responsiveness to ANP may have important pathophysiological implications. ..
- Queisser N, Fazeli G, Schupp N. Superoxide anion and hydrogen peroxide-induced signaling and damage in angiotensin II and aldosterone action. Biol Chem. 2010;391:1265-79 pubmed publisher..In this review the generation of superoxide anions and hydrogen peroxide in cells stimulated with angiotensin II or aldosterone, as well as the subsequently induced signaling processes and DNA damage is discussed. ..
- Engel J, Heuer S, Segerer S, Rauthe S, Dietl J, Honig A. Cervical endometriosis associated with malignant pleural mesothelioma mimicking cervical cancer--Occam's razor or the "third man". Fertil Steril. 2011;95:1787.e5-7 pubmed publisher..This is an application of Occam's razor to medicine. Our case illustrates that occasionally the simplest and therefore most probable diagnosis can be wrong, and on these occasions one should consider a "third man." ..
- Häusler S, Montalbán Del Barrio I, Strohschein J, Chandran P, Engel J, Honig A, et al. Ectonucleotidases CD39 and CD73 on OvCA cells are potent adenosine-generating enzymes responsible for adenosine receptor 2A-dependent suppression of T cell function and NK cell cytotoxicity. Cancer Immunol Immunother. 2011;60:1405-18 pubmed publisher
- Gavvovidis I, Rost I, Trimborn M, Kaiser F, Purps J, Wiek C, et al. A novel MCPH1 isoform complements the defective chromosome condensation of human MCPH1-deficient cells. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e40387 pubmed publisher..In summary, our results demonstrate here that MCPH1 encodes different isoforms that are differentially regulated at the transcript level and have different functions at the protein level. ..
- Starick L, Riaño F, Karunakaran M, Kunzmann V, Li J, Kreiss M, et al. Butyrophilin 3A (BTN3A, CD277)-specific antibody 20.1 differentially activates V?9V?2 TCR clonotypes and interferes with phosphoantigen activation. Eur J Immunol. 2017;47:982-992 pubmed publisher..This study provides novel perspectives on the physiological mechanism of V?9V?2 T-cell activation, and highlights the complex mode of action of BTN3A-specific antibodies as agents in cancer immunotherapy. ..
- Herold M, Kuss A, Kraus C, Berberich I. Mitochondria-dependent caspase-9 activation is necessary for antigen receptor-mediated effector caspase activation and apoptosis in WEHI 231 lymphoma cells. J Immunol. 2002;168:3902-9 pubmed..Thus, our data suggest that the BCR-mediated apoptotic signal in immature B cells spreads via a mitochondrial/caspase-9 pathway. ..
- Stoll G, Jander S, Myers R. Degeneration and regeneration of the peripheral nervous system: from Augustus Waller's observations to neuroinflammation. J Peripher Nerv Syst. 2002;7:13-27 pubmed..Similarities and differences between the PNS and CNS in terms of inflammation and microglial activation after nerve injury are discussed, and point towards progress in understanding the failure of nerve fiber regeneration in the CNS. ..
- Naumann M, Yakovleff A, Durif F. A randomized, double-masked, crossover comparison of the efficacy and safety of botulinum toxin type A produced from the original bulk toxin source and current bulk toxin source for the treatment of cervical dystonia. J Neurol. 2002;249:57-63 pubmed..BTX-A produced from the original and current bulk toxin sources showed comparable efficacy and safety in the treatment of cervical dystonia; both significantly reduced dystonia severity and pain. ..
- Nieswandt B, Watson S. Platelet-collagen interaction: is GPVI the central receptor?. Blood. 2003;102:449-61 pubmed..This review discusses these recent developments and proposes possible mechanisms for how GPVI acts in concert with other receptors and signaling pathways to initiate hemostasis and arterial thrombosis. ..
- Sauvant C, Hesse D, Holzinger H, Evans K, Dantzler W, Gekle M. Action of EGF and PGE2 on basolateral organic anion uptake in rabbit proximal renal tubules and hOAT1 expressed in human kidney epithelial cells. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2004;286:F774-83 pubmed
- Bringmann G, Lang G, Muhlbacher J, Schaumann K, Steffens S, Rytik P, et al. Sorbicillactone A: a structurally unprecedented bioactive novel-type alkaloid from a sponge-derived fungus. Prog Mol Subcell Biol. 2003;37:231-53 pubmed..These properties qualify sorbicillactone A or one of its derivatives for animal and (hopefully) also future therapeutic human trials...
- Kroner A, Vogel F, Kolb Mäurer A, Kruse N, Toyka K, Hemmer B, et al. Impact of the Asp299Gly polymorphism in the toll-like receptor 4 (tlr-4) gene on disease course of multiple sclerosis. J Neuroimmunol. 2005;165:161-5 pubmed..01). However, these functional changes seem not to have any impact on the clinical presentation of MS patients with different TLR-4 genotypes. ..
- Kurzai O, Schmitt C, Claus H, Vogel U, Frosch M, Kolb Mäurer A. Carbohydrate composition of meningococcal lipopolysaccharide modulates the interaction of Neisseria meningitidis with human dendritic cells. Cell Microbiol. 2005;7:1319-34 pubmed..The use of truncated LPS isoforms in vaccine preparations can therefore not only result in attenuation but also in more efficient targeting of DC. ..
- Wagner N, Kagermeier B, Loserth S, Krohne G. The Drosophila melanogaster LEM-domain protein MAN1. Eur J Cell Biol. 2006;85:91-105 pubmed..In contrast, the localization of dMAN1, Bocksbeutel and otefin at the INM is supported by lamin Dm0. We conclude that the dMAN1 protein is not a limiting component of the nuclear architecture in Drosophila cultured cells. ..
- Fischer T, Nagel F, Jacobs S, Stumm R, Schulz S. Reassessment of CXCR4 chemokine receptor expression in human normal and neoplastic tissues using the novel rabbit monoclonal antibody UMB-2. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e4069 pubmed publisher..Thus, the rabbit monoclonal antibody UMB-2 may prove of great value in the assessment of the CXCR4 receptor status in a variety of human tumors during routine histopathological examination. ..
- Wurmb T, Balling H, Frühwald P, Keil T, Kredel M, Meffert R, et al. [Polytrauma management in a period of change: time analysis of new strategies for emergency room treatment]. Unfallchirurg. 2009;112:390-9 pubmed publisher..Quality management and the early implementation of whole-body MSCT can accelerate the treatment work flow. A rapid initial diagnosis represents an important component in the high quality of treatment of polytrauma patients. ..
- Neske F, Prifert C, Scheiner B, Ewald M, Schubert J, Opitz A, et al. High prevalence of antibodies against polyomavirus WU, polyomavirus KI, and human bocavirus in German blood donors. BMC Infect Dis. 2010;10:215 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that primary infection with these viruses occurs during childhood or youth. For KIPyV, the seropositivity appears to increase further during adulthood. ..
- Suggate S. Why what we teach depends on when: grade and reading intervention modality moderate effect size. Dev Psychol. 2010;46:1556-79 pubmed publisher..These results highlight the importance of a developmental understanding of reading remediation. ..
- Claudius K, Ginzkey C, Gattenlohner S, Müller J, Demmer P, Bröcker E. A red cheek as first clinical sign of a sebaceous lymphadenocarcinoma of the parotid gland with lymphangiosis carcinomatosa and lymph node metastases. Am J Dermatopathol. 2011;33:e50-3 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, this is the sixth reported case of sebaceous lymphadenocarcinoma and the first case presenting with cervical lymph node metastases and dermatological symptoms revealing lymphangiosis carcinomatosa...
- Roll P, Muhammad K, Schumann M, Kleinert S, Einsele H, Dorner T, et al. In vivo effects of the anti-interleukin-6 receptor inhibitor tocilizumab on the B cell compartment. Arthritis Rheum. 2011;63:1255-64 pubmed publisher..In addition, the number of IgG+ and IgA+ B cells declined and correlated well with reduced serum immunoglobulin levels. The data indicate that IL-6 blockade affects the B cell hyperreactivity in RA patients. ..
- Heidbreder M, Zander C, Malkusch S, Widera D, Kaltschmidt B, Kaltschmidt C, et al. TNF-? influences the lateral dynamics of TNF receptor I in living cells. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2012;1823:1984-9 pubmed publisher..Based on our observation, we propose a refined mechanism on the structural arrangement and activation of tumor necrosis factor receptor 1 in the plasma membrane. ..
- Rivero O, Sich S, Popp S, Schmitt A, Franke B, Lesch K. Impact of the ADHD-susceptibility gene CDH13 on development and function of brain networks. Eur Neuropsychopharmacol. 2013;23:492-507 pubmed publisher..The review concludes with emerging concepts about alterations in Cadherin-13 signaling contributing to the pathophysiology of neurodevelopmental disorders. ..
- Drechsler J, Grötzinger J, Hermanns H. Characterization of the rat oncostatin M receptor complex which resembles the human, but differs from the murine cytokine receptor. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e43155 pubmed publisher..Therefore, rat disease models would allow evaluation of the relevance of OSM for human biology. ..
- Steinert A, Rackwitz L, Gilbert F, Nöth U, Tuan R. Concise review: the clinical application of mesenchymal stem cells for musculoskeletal regeneration: current status and perspectives. Stem Cells Transl Med. 2012;1:237-47 pubmed publisher..In summary, this review presents the scientific background, current state, and implications of clinical mesenchymal stem cell application in the musculoskeletal system and provides perspectives for future developments. ..
- Nowak J, Seidel C, Pietsch T, Friedrich C, von Hoff K, Rutkowski S, et al. Ependymoblastoma of the brainstem: MRI findings and differential diagnosis. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2014;61:1132-4 pubmed publisher..We present and discuss two uncommon cases of histopathologically confirmed ependymoblastoma that both seem to originate from the brainstem. ..
- Huang L, Puthanakit T, Cheng Hsun C, Ren Bin T, Schwarz T, Pellegrino A, et al. Sustained Immunogenicity of 2-dose Human Papillomavirus 16/18 AS04-adjuvanted Vaccine Schedules in Girls Aged 9-14 Years: A Randomized Trial. J Infect Dis. 2017;215:1711-1719 pubmed publisher..Both 2-dose schedules in young girls remained noninferior to the 3-dose schedule in women up to study conclusion at M36. The AS04-HPV-16/18 vaccine administered as a 2-dose schedule was immunogenic and well tolerated in young girls. ..
- Huppertz H, Michels H. [The metaraminol provocation test in the diagnosis of familial Mediterranean fever]. Monatsschr Kinderheilkd. 1988;136:243-5 pubmed..During the course of diagnosis, they had been suspected of suffering from FMF. So, in childhood, MPT is specific for FMF but does not identify all children with FMF. However, a positive MPT may be a great help in diagnosing FMF...
- Lesch K, Bengel D, Heils A, Sabol S, Greenberg B, Petri S, et al. Association of anxiety-related traits with a polymorphism in the serotonin transporter gene regulatory region. Science. 1996;274:1527-31 pubmed
- Hebestreit H, Kriemler S, Hughson R, Bar Or O. Kinetics of oxygen uptake at the onset of exercise in boys and men. J Appl Physiol (1985). 1998;85:1833-41 pubmed..The previous interpretation that children rely less on nonoxidative energy pathways at the onset of heavy exercise is not supported by our findings...
- Kraemer D, Dresbach T, Drenckhahn D. Mrnp41 (Rae 1p) associates with microtubules in HeLa cells and in neurons. Eur J Cell Biol. 2001;80:733-40 pubmed..The essential role of mrnp41 in spindle pole separation and cell cycle progression may also be related to its ability to bind to MTs. ..
- Heidemann R, Ozsarlak O, Parizel P, Michiels J, Kiefer B, Jellus V, et al. A brief review of parallel magnetic resonance imaging. Eur Radiol. 2003;13:2323-37 pubmed..In this review article, the advantages and the disadvantages of pMRI in clinical applications are discussed and examples from many different daily applications are given. ..
- Geiger J, Teichmann L, Grossmann R, Aktas B, Steigerwald U, Walter U, et al. Monitoring of clopidogrel action: comparison of methods. Clin Chem. 2005;51:957-65 pubmed..Because the VASP assay directly measures the function of the clopidogrel target, the P2Y12 receptor, the assay is selective for clopidogrel effects rather than effects of other platelet inhibitors commonly in use. ..
- Kalb R, Neveling K, Hoehn H, Schneider H, Linka Y, Batish S, et al. Hypomorphic mutations in the gene encoding a key Fanconi anemia protein, FANCD2, sustain a significant group of FA-D2 patients with severe phenotype. Am J Hum Genet. 2007;80:895-910 pubmed..Although hypomorphic mutations arie involved, clinically, these patients have a relatively severe form of FA. ..
- Zahedi R, Lewandrowski U, Wiesner J, Wortelkamp S, Moebius J, Schütz C, et al. Phosphoproteome of resting human platelets. J Proteome Res. 2008;7:526-34 pubmed..Thus, our finding that GPIbalpha is phosphorylated at Ser603 in resting platelets may represent a novel mechanism for the regulation of one of the most important platelet receptor (GPIb-IX-V) mediated signaling pathways by PKA/PKG. ..
- Rolf O, Kallmayer M, von Weyhern A, Stehle J, Gohlke F. [The anatomical precontoured Meves compression plate: surgical treatment of clavicular nonunion]. Orthopade. 2008;37:457-61 pubmed publisher..Sixteen patients were satisfied or very satisfied with the operative result. In our patients, secure healing of clavicular nonunion was achieved with the anatomical precontoured Meves plate, with good or excellent clinical outcomes. ..
- Burek M, Förster C. Cloning and characterization of the murine claudin-5 promoter. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2009;298:19-24 pubmed publisher..This could be an important mechanism in diseases accompanied by the release of proinflammatory cytokines, for example in patients with chronic heart failure or multiple sclerosis. ..
- Fassnacht M, Allolio B. Clinical management of adrenocortical carcinoma. Best Pract Res Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2009;23:273-89 pubmed publisher..Several targeted therapies are under investigation (e.g. IGF-1 inhibitors, sunitinib, sorafenib) and may lead to new treatment options...
- Braasch I, Liedtke D, Volff J, Schartl M. Pigmentary function and evolution of tyrp1 gene duplicates in fish. Pigment Cell Melanoma Res. 2009;22:839-50 pubmed publisher..Black eumelanin formation essentially relies on the presence of Tyrp1 and some of its function is most likely conserved from the common ancestor of bony vertebrates. ..
- Güder G, Frantz S, Bauersachs J, Allolio B, Wanner C, Koller M, et al. Reverse epidemiology in systolic and nonsystolic heart failure: cumulative prognostic benefit of classical cardiovascular risk factors. Circ Heart Fail. 2009;2:563-71 pubmed publisher..Future studies need to identify whether risk factor control as presently recommended should be advocated in all patients with heart failure. ..
- Hommers L, Klenk C, Dees C, Bünemann M. G proteins in reverse mode: receptor-mediated GTP release inhibits G protein and effector function. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:8227-33 pubmed publisher..Consequently, nucleotide-free G proteins were sequestrated in heterotrimeric conformation at the active receptor, thus attenuating downstream signaling in an agonist-dependent manner. ..
- Guckenberger M, Baier K, Polat B, Richter A, Krieger T, Wilbert J, et al. Dose-response relationship for radiation-induced pneumonitis after pulmonary stereotactic body radiotherapy. Radiother Oncol. 2010;97:65-70 pubmed publisher..5)-V(50)) were correlated with incidences of RP with a continuous decrease of the goodness of fit for higher doses. The MLD and V(2.5)-V(50) of the ipsilateral lung were correlated with incidences of RP after pulmonary SBRT. ..
- Schulte L, Eulalio A, Mollenkopf H, Reinhardt R, Vogel J. Analysis of the host microRNA response to Salmonella uncovers the control of major cytokines by the let-7 family. EMBO J. 2011;30:1977-89 pubmed publisher..Our results establish a paradigm of microRNA-mediated feed-forward activation of inflammatory factors when mammalian cells are targeted by bacterial pathogens. ..
- Likowski K, Mühlberger A, Seibt B, Pauli P, Weyers P. Processes underlying congruent and incongruent facial reactions to emotional facial expressions. Emotion. 2011;11:457-67 pubmed publisher..Now, further studies are needed to test for the generalizability of these effects. ..
- Biehl S, Dresler T, Reif A, Scheuerpflug P, Deckert J, Herrmann M. Dopamine transporter (DAT1) and dopamine receptor D4 (DRD4) genotypes differentially impact on electrophysiological correlates of error processing. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e28396 pubmed publisher..They furthermore tie results from clinical investigations of disorders impacting on the dopamine system to genetic variations known to be at-risk genotypes. ..
- Engel J, Martens T, Hahne J, Häusler S, Krockenberger M, Segerer S, et al. Effects of lobaplatin as a single agent and in combination with TRAIL on the growth of triple-negative p53-mutated breast cancers in vitro. Anticancer Drugs. 2012;23:426-36 pubmed publisher..However, caspase-independent mechanisms of programmed cell death were also involved. It was also demonstrated that platinum compounds could induce necroptosis, although to a minor extent. ..
- Kober F, Koelmel W, Kuper J, Drechsler J, Mais C, Hermanns H, et al. The crystal structure of the protein-disulfide isomerase family member ERp27 provides insights into its substrate binding capabilities. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:2029-39 pubmed publisher..ERp27 is up-regulated during ER stress, thus presumably allowing it to bind accumulating misfolded substrates and present them to ERp57 for catalysis. ..
- Gungor T, Teira P, Slatter M, Stussi G, Stepensky P, Moshous D, et al. Reduced-intensity conditioning and HLA-matched haemopoietic stem-cell transplantation in patients with chronic granulomatous disease: a prospective multicentre study. Lancet. 2014;383:436-48 pubmed publisher..We examined the effect of a reduced-intensity conditioning regimen designed to enhance myeloid engraftment and reduce organ toxicity in these patients...
- Nava C, Dalle C, Rastetter A, Striano P, de Kovel C, Nabbout R, et al. De novo mutations in HCN1 cause early infantile epileptic encephalopathy. Nat Genet. 2014;46:640-5 pubmed publisher..These findings provide clear evidence that de novo HCN1 point mutations cause a recognizable early-onset epileptic encephalopathy in humans. ..
- Sopper S, Sauer U, Hemm S, Demuth M, Muller J, Stahl Hennig C, et al. Protective role of the virus-specific immune response for development of severe neurologic signs in simian immunodeficiency virus-infected macaques. J Virol. 1998;72:9940-7 pubmed
- Nagy G, Dobrindt U, Kupfer M, Emody L, Karch H, Hacker J. Expression of hemin receptor molecule ChuA is influenced by RfaH in uropathogenic Escherichia coli strain 536. Infect Immun. 2001;69:1924-8 pubmed..Furthermore, the presence of two different subclasses of the chuA determinant and their distribution in E. coli pathogroups are described. ..