Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Munich, Bavaria, Germany
Locale: Munich, Bavaria, Germany
Publications597 found, 100 shown here
- von Beckerath N, Kastrati A, Wieczorek A, Pogatsa Murray G, Sibbing D, Graf I, et al. A double-blind, randomized study on platelet aggregation in patients treated with a daily dose of 150 or 75 mg of clopidogrel for 30 days. Eur Heart J. 2007;28:1814-9 pubmed..3 P2Y12 Reaction Units; P = 0.004). Administration of a 150 mg oral maintenance dose of clopidogrel results in more intense inhibition of platelet aggregation than administration of the currently recommended 75 mg maintenance dose. ..
- Koch W, Schaaff N, Popperl G, Mulert C, Juckel G, Reicherzer M, et al. [I-123] ADAM and SPECT in patients with borderline personality disorder and healthy control subjects. J Psychiatry Neurosci. 2007;32:234-40 pubmed..The study provides evidence of a serotonergic dysfunction in patients with BPD and suggests a serotonergic component in the pathophysiology of the disorder. SERT binding reflected the level of impulsiveness as a common feature in BPD. ..
- Möhrenschlager M, Ring J, Henkel V, Jessberger B. Lost needle: a simple search device for the operating room's floor. Langenbecks Arch Surg. 2008;393:1009-11 pubmed..For search in body cavities, X-ray examination is recommended. With simple methods, a lost needle can be found easily to prevent any harm for others in the future. ..
- Uhr M, Tontsch A, Namendorf C, Ripke S, Lucae S, Ising M, et al. Polymorphisms in the drug transporter gene ABCB1 predict antidepressant treatment response in depression. Neuron. 2008;57:203-9 pubmed publisher..This finding can be viewed as a further step into personalized antidepressant treatment...
- Paschos E, Limbach M, Teichmann M, Huth K, Folwaczny M, Hickel R, et al. Orthodontic attachments and chlorhexidine-containing varnish effects on gingival health. Angle Orthod. 2008;78:908-16 pubmed publisher..These values showed a significant decrease after application of a chlorhexidine-containing varnish. However, the PI showed higher values for the teeth with brackets. ..
- Amann M, Friedrich M, Lutterbuese P, Vieser E, Lorenczewski G, Petersen L, et al. Therapeutic window of an EpCAM/CD3-specific BiTE antibody in mice is determined by a subpopulation of EpCAM-expressing lymphocytes that is absent in humans. Cancer Immunol Immunother. 2009;58:95-109 pubmed publisher..Because humans have extremely low numbers of EpCAM(+) cells in blood, this toxicity of an EpCAM-specific BiTE may be specific for mice. ..
- Linn J, Peters F, Moriggl B, Naidich T, Bruckmann H, Yousry I. The jugular foramen: imaging strategy and detailed anatomy at 3T. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2009;30:34-41 pubmed publisher..It is expected to aid in detecting small pathologies affecting the JF and in planning the best surgical approach to lesions affecting the JF. ..
- Roeske D, Ludwig K, Neuhoff N, Becker J, Bartling J, Bruder J, et al. First genome-wide association scan on neurophysiological endophenotypes points to trans-regulation effects on SLC2A3 in dyslexic children. Mol Psychiatry. 2011;16:97-107 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest a possible trans-regulation effect on SLC2A3, which might lead to glucose deficits in dyslexic children and could explain their attenuated MMN in passive listening tasks. ..
- Singh A, Kammermeier S, Plate A, Mehrkens J, Ilmberger J, Bötzel K. Pattern of local field potential activity in the globus pallidus internum of dystonic patients during walking on a treadmill. Exp Neurol. 2011;232:162-7 pubmed publisher..These data shed light on the function of the BG in patients with dystonia and demonstrate that, during gait, their overall activity increases in a specific way without showing increases of narrow frequency bands. ..
- Schreiner B, Viertlboeck B, Göbel T. A striking example of convergent evolution observed for the ggFcR:IgY interaction closely resembling that of mammalian FcR:IgG. Dev Comp Immunol. 2012;36:566-71 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that ggFcR has a contact site to IgY which closely resembles that of human IgG bound to FcR. ..
- Costa A, Riedel M, Pogarell O, Menzel Zelnitschek F, Schwarz M, Reiser M, et al. Methylphenidate effects on neural activity during response inhibition in healthy humans. Cereb Cortex. 2013;23:1179-89 pubmed publisher..The findings suggest that neural MPH effects interact with the saliency of the behavior under investigation. ..
- Szameitat A, Shen S, CONFORTO A, Sterr A. Cortical activation during executed, imagined, observed, and passive wrist movements in healthy volunteers and stroke patients. Neuroimage. 2012;62:266-80 pubmed publisher..In addition, the clear differences between the covert movement modes point to the need for within-subject comparisons. ..
- Orozco D, Tahirovic S, Rentzsch K, Schwenk B, Haass C, Edbauer D. Loss of fused in sarcoma (FUS) promotes pathological Tau splicing. EMBO Rep. 2012;13:759-64 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that disturbed cytoskeletal function and enhanced expression of the neurodegeneration-associated Tau exon 10 might contribute to FTLD/ALS with FUS inclusions. ..
- Liu C, Fuertes E, Tiesler C, Birk M, Babisch W, Bauer C, et al. The association between road traffic noise exposure and blood pressure among children in Germany: the GINIplus and LISAplus studies. Noise Health. 2013;15:165-72 pubmed publisher..27 mmHg) compared to children whose bedroom window did not face the street. Higher minimum levels of weighted day-evening-night noise and nighttime noise around the home residence may increase a child's blood pressure. ..
- Gruzieva O, Gehring U, Aalberse R, Agius R, Beelen R, Behrendt H, et al. Meta-analysis of air pollution exposure association with allergic sensitization in European birth cohorts. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2014;133:767-76.e7 pubmed publisher..No clear associations between air pollution exposure and development of allergic sensitization in children up to 10 years of age were revealed. ..
- Rynkiewicz A, Schuller B, Marchi E, Piana S, Camurri A, Lassalle A, et al. An investigation of the 'female camouflage effect' in autism using a computerized ADOS-2 and a test of sex/gender differences. Mol Autism. 2016;7:10 pubmed publisher..The EyesWeb software platform and the Kinect sensor during two demonstration activities of ADOS-2 (Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule, Second Edition) were used...
- Blumer R, Maurer Gesek B, Gesslbauer B, Blumer M, Pechriggl E, Davis LÃ³pez de Carrizosa M, et al. Palisade Endings Are a Constant Feature in the Extraocular Muscles of Frontal-Eyed, But Not Lateral-Eyed, Animals. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2016;57:320-31 pubmed publisher..So, if they are proprioceptors, not all species require them. Because in frontal-eyed species, the medial rectus muscle has the highest number of palisade endings, they likely play a special role in convergence. ..
- Kawakami N. InÂ vivo imaging in autoimmune diseases in the central nervous system. Allergol Int. 2016;65:235-42 pubmed publisher..Together with precise analysis, intravital imaging deepens our knowledge of cellular functions in living organs and also provides a platform for developing therapeutic treatments. ..
- Hammerschlag A, Stringer S, de Leeuw C, Sniekers S, Taskesen E, Watanabe K, et al. Genome-wide association analysis of insomnia complaints identifies risk genes and genetic overlap with psychiatric and metabolic traits. Nat Genet. 2017;49:1584-1592 pubmed publisher..These findings provide new insight into the genetic architecture of insomnia. ..
- Kirchhof P, Blank B, Calvert M, Camm A, Chlouverakis G, Diener H, et al. Probing oral anticoagulation in patients with atrial high rate episodes: Rationale and design of the Non-vitamin K antagonist Oral anticoagulants in patients with Atrial High rate episodes (NOAH-AFNET 6) trial. Am Heart J. 2017;190:12-18 pubmed publisher..NOAH-AFNET 6 will provide robust information on the effect of oral anticoagulation in patients with atrial high rate episodes detected by implanted devices. ..
- Pehl C, Wendl B, Kaess H, Pfeiffer A. Effects of two anticholinergic drugs, trospium chloride and biperiden, on motility and evoked potentials of the oesophagus. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 1998;12:979-84 pubmed
- Hall D. Controversies in heart failure. Are beneficial effects of angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors attenuated by aspirin in patients with heart failure?. Cardiol Clin. 2001;19:597-603 pubmed..Finally, because patients with severer heart failure are likely to be those with very low ejection fractions, these patients are good candidates for oral anticoagulation even though this treatment requires additional monitoring...
- Riedel M, Kronig H, Schwarz M, Engel R, Kuhn K, Sikorski C, et al. No association between the G308A polymorphism of the tumor necrosis factor-alpha gene and schizophrenia. Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci. 2002;252:232-4 pubmed..9 % polymorphic allele). Moreover, we did not find any association between genotype and psychopathology, as measured by PANSS. The different results between these two studies may be due to ethnic differences. ..
- Zill P, Malitas P, Bondy B, Engel R, Boufidou F, Behrens S, et al. Analysis of polymorphisms in the alpha-subunit of the olfactory G-protein Golf in lithium-treated bipolar patients. Psychiatr Genet. 2003;13:65-9 pubmed..The results of the present study do not support the hypothesis that the G(olf) gene is a major susceptibility factor for bipolar disorders. ..
- Schneider M, Ndrepepa G, Dobran I, Schreieck J, Weber S, Plewan A, et al. LocaLisa catheter navigation reduces fluoroscopy time and dosage in ablation of atrial flutter: a prospective randomized study. J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2003;14:587-90 pubmed..Compared with the conventional approach, the LocaLisa system significantly reduces the fluoroscopy times needed for ablation of typical AFL. ..
- Ochsenkuhn R, Strowitzki T, Gurtner M, Strauss A, Schulze A, Hepp H, et al. Pregnancy complications, obstetric risks, and neonatal outcome in singleton and twin pregnancies after GIFT and IVF. Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2003;268:256-61 pubmed..After controlling for parity, maternal and gestational age, singleton pregnancies conceived by GIFT/IVF are at increased obstetrical risk, however the perinatal outcome is comparable despite a lower average birth weight. ..
- Drasch G, Boese O Reilly S, Illig S. Increase of renal excretion of organo-mercury compounds like methlymercury by DMPS (2,3-Dimercapto-1-propanesulfonic acid, Dimaval). Clin Toxicol (Phila). 2007;45:266-9 pubmed..1 for organic Hg. There was a trend that females responded better to DMPS than males. It was concluded that DMPS increases the renal excretion of organic bound Hg as it does for inorganic Hg, but to a lesser extent. ..
- Bundschuh R, Martinez Moeller A, Essler M, Martinez M, Nekolla S, Ziegler S, et al. Postacquisition detection of tumor motion in the lung and upper abdomen using list-mode PET data: a feasibility study. J Nucl Med. 2007;48:758-63 pubmed..Furthermore, unlike external sensors, this method quantifies internal motion and, thus, is a promising base for correction methods. ..
- Gaedtke L, Thoenes L, Culmsee C, Mayer B, Wagner E. Proteomic analysis reveals differences in protein expression in spheroid versus monolayer cultures of low-passage colon carcinoma cells. J Proteome Res. 2007;6:4111-8 pubmed
- Bruegel M, Holzapfel K, Gaa J, Woertler K, Waldt S, Kiefer B, et al. Characterization of focal liver lesions by ADC measurements using a respiratory triggered diffusion-weighted single-shot echo-planar MR imaging technique. Eur Radiol. 2008;18:477-85 pubmed..63 x 10(-3)mm2/s. Measurements of the ADCs of focal liver lesions on the basis of a respiratory triggered DW-SS-EPI sequence may constitute a useful supplementary method for lesion characterization. ..
- Kormann M, Depner M, Hartl D, Klopp N, Illig T, Adamski J, et al. Toll-like receptor heterodimer variants protect from childhood asthma. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2008;122:86-92, 92.e1-8 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that functional relevant TLR1 and TLR6 variants are directly involved in asthma development. ..
- Albert M, Yu X, Magg T. Ethylenecarbodiimide-coupled allogeneic antigen presenting cells induce human CD4+ regulatory T cells. Clin Immunol. 2008;129:381-93 pubmed publisher..These inducible Tregs could provide a novel approach that might facilitate the translation of ex vivo generated and expanded Tregs into clinical settings. ..
- Pandey D, Goyal P, Dwivedi S, Siess W. Unraveling a novel Rac1-mediated signaling pathway that regulates cofilin dephosphorylation and secretion in thrombin-stimulated platelets. Blood. 2009;114:415-24 pubmed publisher..We further demonstrate that this pathway is separate and independent of the protein kinase C (PKC) pathway mediating secretion. ..
- Härtl K, Schennach R, Müller M, Engel J, Reinecker H, Sommer H, et al. Quality of life, anxiety, and oncological factors: a follow-up study of breast cancer patients. Psychosomatics. 2010;51:112-23 pubmed publisher..Surgical modality and tumor prognostic factors, however, seemed to play a minor role in patients' subjective QoL, which is discussed in terms of the "well-being paradox." ..
- von Mutius E. 99th Dahlem conference on infection, inflammation and chronic inflammatory disorders: farm lifestyles and the hygiene hypothesis. Clin Exp Immunol. 2010;160:130-5 pubmed publisher..There is good evidence for the involvement of innate immune responses, but translation into protective mechanisms for asthma and allergies is lacking. Furthermore, a number of gene x environment interactions have been observed. ..
- Keller U, Huber J, Nilsson J, Fallahi M, Hall M, Peschel C, et al. Myc suppression of Nfkb2 accelerates lymphomagenesis. BMC Cancer. 2010;10:348 pubmed publisher..Nfkb2 is suppressed by c-Myc and harnesses Myc-driven lymphomagenesis. These data thus link Myc-driven lymphomagenesis to the non-canonical NF-kappaB pathway. ..
- Bezzina C, Pazoki R, Bardai A, Marsman R, De Jong J, Blom M, et al. Genome-wide association study identifies a susceptibility locus at 21q21 for ventricular fibrillation in acute myocardial infarction. Nat Genet. 2010;42:688-691 pubmed publisher..This locus has not previously been implicated in arrhythmia susceptibility. ..
- Woischnik M, Sparr C, Kern S, Thurm T, Hector A, Hartl D, et al. A non-BRICHOS surfactant protein c mutation disrupts epithelial cell function and intercellular signaling. BMC Cell Biol. 2010;11:88 pubmed publisher..In addition, we show that some of the mentioned cellular aspects behind the disease can be modulated by application of pharmaceutical drugs commonly applied in the ILD therapy. ..
- Weiler C, Zengel P, van der Wal J, Guntinas Lichius O, Schwarz S, Harrison J, et al. Carcinoma ex pleomorphic adenoma with special reference to the prognostic significance of histological progression: a clinicopathological investigation of 41 cases. Histopathology. 2011;59:741-50 pubmed publisher..The worse prognosis for CEPA associated with recurrent PA indicates the necessity for close surveillance of patients with recurrent PA. ..
- Strittmatter F, Walther S, Gratzke C, Göttinger J, Beckmann C, Roosen A, et al. Inhibition of adrenergic human prostate smooth muscle contraction by the inhibitors of c-Jun N-terminal kinase, SP600125 and BI-78D3. Br J Pharmacol. 2012;166:1926-35 pubmed publisher..Models of ?(1)-adrenoceptor-mediated prostate smooth muscle contraction should include this JNK-dependent mechanism. ..
- Schnittger S, Bacher U, Eder C, Dicker F, Alpermann T, Grossmann V, et al. Molecular analyses of 15,542 patients with suspected BCR-ABL1-negative myeloproliferative disorders allow to develop a stepwise diagnostic workflow. Haematologica. 2012;97:1582-5 pubmed publisher..In cases in which a myeloproliferative neoplasm cannot be established, analysis for TET2, CBL and EZH2 mutations may be indicated...
- Tauber R, Schmid S, Horn T, Thalgott M, Heck M, Haller B, et al. Inguinal lymph node dissection: epidermal vacuum therapy for prevention of wound complications. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2013;66:390-6 pubmed publisher..Inguinal lymph node dissection (LND) is often associated with wound complications. The aim of this study was to evaluate epidermal vacuum therapy for the prevention of wound complications following inguinal LND...
- Bender A, Desplats P, Spencer B, Rockenstein E, Adame A, Elstner M, et al. TOM40 mediates mitochondrial dysfunction induced by ?-synuclein accumulation in Parkinson's disease. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e62277 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that alterations in the mitochondrial protein transport machinery might contribute to mitochondrial impairment in ?-Synucleinopathies. ..
- Giupponi G, Conca A, Innamorati M, Forte A, Lester D, Erbuto D, et al. Differences among South Tyrolean suicides: a psychological autopsy study. Wien Klin Wochenschr. 2016;128:125-30 pubmed publisher..Appropriate gender-based preventive interventions are needed. ..
- Zanoni P, Khetarpal S, Larach D, Hancock Cerutti W, Millar J, Cuchel M, et al. Rare variant in scavenger receptor BI raises HDL cholesterol and increases risk of coronary heart disease. Science. 2016;351:1166-71 pubmed publisher..P376L carriers have a profound HDL-related phenotype and an increased risk of CHD (odds ratio = 1.79, which is statistically significant). ..
- Götschke J, Mertsch P, Bischof M, Kneidinger N, Matthes S, Renner E, et al. Perception of climate change in patients with chronic lung disease. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0186632 pubmed publisher..Patients with chronic lung disease are particularly vulnerable to the involved environmental alterations. However, their subjective perception and reactions to these alterations remain unknown...
- Auer D, Putz B, Gössl C, Elbel G, Gasser T, Dichgans M. Differential lesion patterns in CADASIL and sporadic subcortical arteriosclerotic encephalopathy: MR imaging study with statistical parametric group comparison. Radiology. 2001;218:443-51 pubmed..In addition, the study demonstrates the potential of automated image analysis to explore MR imaging lesion patterns. ..
- Biberthaler P, Mussack T, Kanz K, Linsenmaier U, Pfeifer K, Mutschler W, et al. [Identification of high-risk patients after minor craniocerebral trauma. Measurement of nerve tissue protein S 100]. Unfallchirurg. 2004;107:197-202 pubmed..Hence, this study is the basis for a multicenter trial currently underway to confirm the results of our pilot study...
- Nothdurft H, Zuckerman J, Stoffel M, Dieussaert I, Van Damme P. Accelerated vaccination schedules provide protection against hepatitis A and B in last-minute travelers. J Travel Med. 2004;11:260-1 pubmed
- Baumann S, Keller G, Pühringer F, Napieralski R, Feith M, Langer R, et al. The prognostic impact of O6-Methylguanine-DNA Methyltransferase (MGMT) promotor hypermethylation in esophageal adenocarcinoma. Int J Cancer. 2006;119:264-8 pubmed..In conclusion, MGMT hypermethylation in esophageal adenocarcinoma is a frequent event that is associated with loss of MGMT protein expression but not with patient's outcome. ..
- Ruckdeschel K, Pfaffinger G, Trulzsch K, Zenner G, Richter K, Heesemann J, et al. The proteasome pathway destabilizes Yersinia outer protein E and represses its antihost cell activities. J Immunol. 2006;176:6093-102 pubmed..This implies the proteasome as integral part of the cellular host immune response against the immunomodulatory activities of a translocated bacterial virulence protein. ..
- Mehren C, Suchomel P, Grochulla F, Barsa P, Sourkova P, Hradil J, et al. Heterotopic ossification in total cervical artificial disc replacement. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2006;31:2802-6 pubmed..Prospective clinical study enrolled in 2 centers (Munich and Liberec) as part of a prospective European multicenter study with ProDisc C (Synthes Inc., Paoli, PA)...
- Rode S, Rubic T, Lorenz R. alpha-Tocopherol disturbs macrophage LXRalpha regulation of ABCA1/G1 and cholesterol handling. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;369:868-72 pubmed publisher..alpha-Tocopherol also reversed the suppression of CD36 and ABCA1 by dHDL. Thus alpha-Tocopherol compromises cellular lipid scavenging and channelling of cholesterol into reverse transport out of the vessel wall. ..
- Schober A. Chemokines in vascular dysfunction and remodeling. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2008;28:1950-9 pubmed publisher..These findings highlight the importance to characterize specific functions of the chemokine network to enable therapeutic intervention. ..
- Maier E, Mayerhofer P, Asheuer M, Kohler W, Rothe M, Muntau A, et al. X-linked adrenoleukodystrophy phenotype is independent of ABCD2 genotype. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;377:176-80 pubmed publisher..These findings are of particular importance for the attempt of pharmacological induction of ABCD2 as a possible therapeutic approach in X-ALD...
- Conci M, Böbel E, Matthias E, Keller I, Muller H, Finke K. Preattentive surface and contour grouping in Kanizsa figures: evidence from parietal extinction. Neuropsychologia. 2009;47:726-32 pubmed publisher..In summary, such graded influences of object attributes support recurrent models of grouping, first, linking fragmentary parts into coherent surfaces and, second, interpolating the precise boundaries. ..
- von Delius S, Thies P, Rieder T, Wagenpfeil S, Herberich E, Karagianni A, et al. Auditory evoked potentials compared with bispectral index for monitoring of midazolam and propofol sedation during colonoscopy. Am J Gastroenterol. 2009;104:318-25 pubmed publisher..Hemodynamic variables were poor indicators of the hypnotic-anesthetic status of the patient. BIS discriminated best between moderate and deep sedation and could complement clinical observation for guidance of moderate sedation. ..
- Möller Leimkühler A, Yücel M. Male depression in females?. J Affect Disord. 2010;121:22-9 pubmed publisher..Particularly female students need special attention and support. Externalizing symptoms should be routinely assessed when diagnosing depression in men and women. ..
- Bogner C, Dechow T, Ringshausen I, Wagner M, Oelsner M, Lutzny G, et al. Immunotoxin BL22 induces apoptosis in mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) cells dependent on Bcl-2 expression. Br J Haematol. 2010;148:99-109 pubmed publisher..Our results were confirmed in freshly isolated MCL-cells from patients with leukaemic MCL. We conclude that Bcl-2 expression is important for mediating resistance against the immunotoxin BL22 in MCL cells. ..
- Zum Büschenfelde C, Wagner M, Lutzny G, Oelsner M, Feuerstacke Y, Decker T, et al. Recruitment of PKC-betaII to lipid rafts mediates apoptosis-resistance in chronic lymphocytic leukemia expressing ZAP-70. Leukemia. 2010;24:141-52 pubmed publisher..We provide evidence that this compound is highly active in leukemic cells and augments the cytotoxic effects of standard chemotherapeutic drugs. ..
- Gauglitz G, Williams F, Herndon D, Jeschke M. Burns: where are we standing with propranolol, oxandrolone, recombinant human growth hormone, and the new incretin analogs?. Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care. 2011;14:176-81 pubmed publisher..Investigation of alternative strategies, including the use of metformin, glucagon-like-peptide-1 and the PPAR-? agonists are under current investigation. ..
- Zitzmann K, de Toni E, von Rüden J, Brand S, Goke B, Laubender R, et al. The novel Raf inhibitor Raf265 decreases Bcl-2 levels and confers TRAIL-sensitivity to neuroendocrine tumour cells. Endocr Relat Cancer. 2011;18:277-85 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings suggest that combinations of Raf-MEK-Erk pathway inhibitors and TRAIL might offer a novel therapeutic strategy in NET disease. ..
- Reilich P, Horvath R, Krause S, Schramm N, Turnbull D, Trenell M, et al. The phenotypic spectrum of neutral lipid storage myopathy due to mutations in the PNPLA2 gene. J Neurol. 2011;258:1987-97 pubmed publisher..Beta-adrenergic agents may be beneficial in improving triacylglycerol breakdown in patients with PNPLA2 mutations. ..
- Touma C. Stress and affective disorders: animal models elucidating the molecular basis of neuroendocrine-behavior interactions. Pharmacopsychiatry. 2011;44 Suppl 1:S15-26 pubmed publisher..Such in-depth understanding is ultimately essential to realizing our goal of predictive, preventive, and personalized medicine. ..
- Otto S, Schreyer C, Hafner S, Mast G, Ehrenfeld M, Stürzenbaum S, et al. Bisphosphonate-related osteonecrosis of the jaws - characteristics, risk factors, clinical features, localization and impact on oncological treatment. J Craniomaxillofac Surg. 2012;40:303-9 pubmed publisher..The development of ONJ has a multi-factorial aetiology and the clinical presentation can vary markedly. ONJ cannot only impair the quality of life but also the treatment of the underlying disease. ..
- Krieg S, Shiban E, Droese D, Gempt J, Buchmann N, Pape H, et al. Predictive value and safety of intraoperative neurophysiological monitoring with motor evoked potentials in glioma surgery. Neurosurgery. 2012;70:1060-70; discussion 1070-1 pubmed publisher..In our series, we found no false-negative MEP results. ..
- Engelstaedter V, Fluegel B, Kunze S, Mayr D, Friese K, Jeschke U, et al. Expression of the carbohydrate tumour marker Sialyl Lewis A, Sialyl Lewis X, Lewis Y and Thomsen-Friedenreich antigen in normal squamous epithelium of the uterine cervix, cervical dysplasia and cervical cancer. Histol Histopathol. 2012;27:507-14 pubmed publisher..005). This is the first study on the expression of SLeA, SLeX, LeY and TF in normal cervical endothelium, cervical dysplasia, carcinoma in situ and invasive cervical cancer. Further studies and higher numbers are desirable. ..
- Notohamiprodjo M, Staehler M, Steiner N, Schwab F, Sourbron S, Michaely H, et al. Combined diffusion-weighted, blood oxygen level-dependent, and dynamic contrast-enhanced MRI for characterization and differentiation of renal cell carcinoma. Acad Radiol. 2013;20:685-93 pubmed publisher..ADC shows moderate correlation to the extracellular volume, but does not correlate to tumor oxygenation or perfusion. In this preliminary study DCE-MRI appeared superior to BOLD and DWI for histological differentiation. ..
- Brendel M, Delker A, Rötzer C, Böning G, Carlsen J, Cyran C, et al. Impact of partial volume effect correction on cerebral ?-amyloid imaging in APP-Swe mice using [(18)F]-florbetaben PET. Neuroimage. 2014;84:843-53 pubmed publisher..We calculate that PVEC increases by 10% statistical power for detecting altered [(18)F]-florbetaben uptake in aging APP-Swe mice in planned studies of disease modifying treatments on amyloidogenesis. ..
- Mega J, Close S, Wiviott S, Man M, Duvvuru S, Walker J, et al. PON1 Q192R genetic variant and response to clopidogrel and prasugrel: pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, and a meta-analysis of clinical outcomes. J Thromb Thrombolysis. 2016;41:374-83 pubmed publisher..The meta-analysis reinforced a lack of a significant association between Q192R and cardiovascular outcomes in clopidogrel-treated patients. ..
- Ma C, Kesarwala A, Eggert T, Medina Echeverz J, Kleiner D, Jin P, et al. NAFLD causes selective CD4(+) T lymphocyte loss and promotes hepatocarcinogenesis. Nature. 2016;531:253-7 pubmed publisher..In vivo blockade of ROS reversed NAFLD-induced hepatic CD4(+) T lymphocyte decrease and delayed NAFLD-promoted HCC. Our results provide an unexpected link between lipid dysregulation and impaired anti-tumour surveillance. ..
- Rinke J, Muller J, Blaess M, Chase A, Meggendorfer M, Schafer V, et al. Molecular characterization of EZH2 mutant patients with myelodysplastic/myeloproliferative neoplasms. Leukemia. 2017;31:1936-1943 pubmed publisher..Some genes, such as CXXC5, ETS1 and VAV3 have previously been implied to have a role in leukemogenesis. Their precise role in MDS/MPN needs to be further investigated. ..
- Amann B, Schafer M, Sterr A, Arnold S, Grunze H. Central pontine myelinolysis in a patient with anorexia nervosa. Int J Eat Disord. 2001;30:462-6 pubmed..Besides affective lability, incoherence, and an acute confusional state, surprisingly, no severe neurological symptoms emerged...
- Eibl K, Banas B, Schoenfeld C, May C, Neubauer A, Priglinger S, et al. Alkylphosphocholines inhibit proliferation of human retinal pigment epithelial cells. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2003;44:3556-61 pubmed..This effect seems to be exerted through inhibition of PKC activity. Therefore, APCs are promising candidates for treatment of RPE-mediated proliferative processes such as proliferative vitreoretinopathy. ..
- Oppel T, Korting H. Actinic keratosis: the key event in the evolution from photoaged skin to squamous cell carcinoma. Therapy based on pathogenetic and clinical aspects. Skin Pharmacol Physiol. 2004;17:67-76 pubmed..The concept of the disease continuum from AK to squamous cell carcinoma will also be presented. A special focus will be on established and new therapeutic approaches to undo photoinduced skin damage. ..
- Himmerich H, Koethe D, Schuld A, Yassouridis A, Pollmächer T. Plasma levels of leptin and endogenous immune modulators during treatment with carbamazepine or lithium. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2005;179:447-51 pubmed..We conclude that the mood stabilizers carbamazepine and lithium have similar effects on the TNF-alpha system and do not affect leptin levels. ..
- Thasler W, Schlott T, Thelen P, Hellerbrand C, Bataille F, Lichtenauer M, et al. Expression of augmenter of liver regeneration (ALR) in human liver cirrhosis and carcinoma. Histopathology. 2005;47:57-66 pubmed..The findings suggest an important role for ALR in hepatocellular regeneration in liver cirrhosis as well as in hepatocarcinogenesis and therefore its potential value in the clinical diagnosis of hepatic cirrhosis and cancer. ..
- Gu W, Gibert Y, Wirth T, Elischer A, Bloch W, Meyer A, et al. Using gene-history and expression analyses to assess the involvement of LGI genes in human disorders. Mol Biol Evol. 2005;22:2209-16 pubmed
- Mylonas I, Makovitzky J, Hoeing A, Richter D, Vogl J, Schulze S, et al. Inhibin/activin subunits beta-A (-betaA) and beta-B (-betaB) are differentially localised in normal, hyperplastic and malignant human endometrial tissue. Acta Histochem. 2006;108:1-11 pubmed..Hyperplastic tissue labelled more intensely than EC for the presence of INH-betaA and -betaB, suggesting a substantial function in endometrial pathogenesis and an important role in endometrial carcinogenesis. ..
- Matthias C, Schuster M, Zieger S, Harreus U. COX-2 inhibitors celecoxib and rofecoxib prevent oxidative DNA fragmentation. Anticancer Res. 2006;26:2003-7 pubmed..The aim of this study was to investigate the in vitro DNA protective or damaging effects of COX-2 inhibitors using the single-cell gel electrophoresis (Comet) assay...
- Fredriksson Ahomaa M, Stolle A, Korkeala H. Molecular epidemiology of Yersinia enterocolitica infections. FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol. 2006;47:315-29 pubmed..Indistinguishable genotypes have also been found between human strains and dog, cat, sheep and wild rodent strains, indicating that these animals are other possible infection sources for humans...
- Jeschke U, Schiessl B, Mylonas I, Kunze S, Kuhn C, Schulze S, et al. Expression of the proliferation marker Ki-67 and of p53 tumor protein in trophoblastic tissue of preeclamptic, HELLP, and intrauterine growth-restricted pregnancies. Int J Gynecol Pathol. 2006;25:354-60 pubmed..An elevated proliferation of cytotrophoblastic cells seems to be related to HELLP, and this enhanced proliferation seems to be controlled by p53. ..
- Mølhøj M, Crommer S, Brischwein K, Rau D, Sriskandarajah M, Hoffmann P, et al. CD19-/CD3-bispecific antibody of the BiTE class is far superior to tandem diabody with respect to redirected tumor cell lysis. Mol Immunol. 2007;44:1935-43 pubmed..The extraordinary potency of the BiTE class and its representative MT103 may translate into improved anti-tumor activity, lower dosing and lower costs of production compared to other bispecific antibody formats. ..
- Moller H, Riedel M, Jager M, Wickelmaier F, Maier W, Kuhn K, et al. Short-term treatment with risperidone or haloperidol in first-episode schizophrenia: 8-week results of a randomized controlled trial within the German Research Network on Schizophrenia. Int J Neuropsychopharmacol. 2008;11:985-97 pubmed publisher..Risperidone has better extrapyramidal tolerability and treatment retention rate than the equivalent dose of haloperidol in these patients. ..
- Huth K, Quirling M, Maier S, Kamereck K, Alkhayer M, Paschos E, et al. Effectiveness of ozone against endodontopathogenic microorganisms in a root canal biofilm model. Int Endod J. 2009;42:3-13 pubmed publisher..High-concentrated gaseous and aqueous ozone was dose-, strain- and time-dependently effective against the tested microorganisms in suspension and the biofilm test model. ..
- Broedl U, Lebherz C, Lehrke M, Stark R, Greif M, Becker A, et al. Low adiponectin levels are an independent predictor of mixed and non-calcified coronary atherosclerotic plaques. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e4733 pubmed publisher..Adiponectin levels predict mixed and non-calcified coronary atherosclerotic plaque burden. Low adiponectin levels may contribute to coronary plaque vulnerability and may thus play a role in the pathophysiology of ACS. ..
- Friedrich P, Feulner T, Laws S, Eckart K, Perneczky R, Kurz A, et al. No association of Tachykinin receptor 2 (TACR2) polymorphisms with Alzheimer's disease. Neurobiol Aging. 2011;32:544-5 pubmed publisher..Genotyping of 13 single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) covering the entire gene and haplotypic analysis revealed no association with AD. Thus, we conclude that TACR2 can be excluded as a major susceptibility gene conferring risk to AD. ..