Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Munich, Bavaria, Germany
Locale: Munich, Bavaria, Germany
Publications679 found, 100 shown here
- Sarafoff N, Ndrepepa G, Mehilli J, Dörrler K, Schulz S, Iijima R, et al. Aspirin and clopidogrel with or without phenprocoumon after drug eluting coronary stent placement in patients on chronic oral anticoagulation. J Intern Med. 2008;264:472-80 pubmed publisher..Based on these criteria, both a double antiplatelet therapy (clopidogrel plus aspirin) and a triple therapy (OAC plus clopidogrel plus aspirin) are associated with favourable safety and efficacy. ..
- Petrides P, Gisslinger H, Steurer M, Linkesch W, Krumpl G, Schüller A, et al. Pharmacokinetics, bioequivalence, tolerability, and effects on platelet counts of two formulations of anagrelide in healthy volunteers and patients with thrombocythemia associated with chronic myeloproliferation. Clin Ther. 2009;31:386-98 pubmed publisher..In patients with ET or thrombocythemia associated with CMPD, platelet counts did not differ significantly from baseline at 4 weeks when subjects were switched from the reference to the test anagrelide formulation. ..
- Eckel F, Herrmann K, Schmidt S, Hillerer C, Wieder H, Krause B, et al. Imaging of proliferation in hepatocellular carcinoma with the in vivo marker 18F-fluorothymidine. J Nucl Med. 2009;50:1441-7 pubmed publisher..High initial (18)F-FLT uptake seems to be associated with reduced overall survival and could be an important prognostic factor if this tendency can be confirmed in a larger prospective trial. ..
- Schrötzlmair F, Kopitz C, Halbgewachs B, Lu F, Algül H, Brunner N, et al. Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-1-induced scattered liver metastasis is mediated by host-derived urokinase-type plasminogen activator. J Cell Mol Med. 2010;14:2760-70 pubmed publisher..This newly identified co-operation between TIMP-1 and host uPA suggests that therapies, simultaneously interfering with pro- and anti-proteolytic pathways may be beneficial for patients with metastatic disease. ..
- Dresler M, Genzel L, Kluge M, Schussler P, Weber F, Rosenhagen M, et al. Off-line memory consolidation impairments in multiple sclerosis patients receiving high-dose corticosteroid treatment mirror consolidation impairments in depression. Psychoneuroendocrinology. 2010;35:1194-202 pubmed publisher..We propose therefore that depression-related changes in plasma corticosteroid levels rather than in sleep per se underlie off-line memory consolidation impairments in MD. ..
- Hong X, Michalski C, Kong B, Zhang W, Raggi M, Sauliunaite D, et al. ALCAM is associated with chemoresistance and tumor cell adhesion in pancreatic cancer. J Surg Oncol. 2010;101:564-9 pubmed publisher..In neuroendocrine tumor cell lines, silencing of ALCAM decreased cell growth. We propose ALCAM as a novel serum biomarker in human pancreatic tumors which is associated with cell adhesion, growth and chemoresistance. ..
- Grossmann V, Kern W, Harbich S, Alpermann T, Jeromin S, Schnittger S, et al. Prognostic relevance of RUNX1 mutations in T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Haematologica. 2011;96:1874-7 pubmed publisher..043). In conclusion, RUNX1 mutations are an important novel biomarker for a comprehensive characterization of T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia with poor prognostic impact and have implications for use also in monitoring disease. ..
- Klengel T, Heck A, Pfister H, Brückl T, Hennings J, Menke A, et al. Somatization in major depression--clinical features and genetic associations. Acta Psychiatr Scand. 2011;124:317-28 pubmed publisher..These results confirm and expand previous findings on somatization as a risk factor for treatment outcome in major depression. ..
- Elstner M, Turnbull D. Transcriptome analysis in mitochondrial disorders. Brain Res Bull. 2012;88:285-93 pubmed publisher..In this review, results of gene expression studies performed on human and animal tissue as well as cell culture models with mitochondrial dysfunction are summarized and discussed. ..
- Nentwich M, Rajab M, Ta C, He L, Grueterich M, Haritoglou C, et al. Application of 10% povidone iodine reduces conjunctival bacterial contamination rate in patients undergoing cataract surgery. Eur J Ophthalmol. 2012;22:541-6 pubmed publisher..To determine the efficacy of 10% povidone iodine (PVI) drops given before cataract extraction in addition to routine irrigation of the conjunctival sac with 1% PVI...
- Heinrich N, Saathoff E, Weller N, Clowes P, Kroidl I, Ntinginya E, et al. High seroprevalence of Rift Valley FEVER AND EVIDENCE FOR ENDEMIC circulation in Mbeya region, Tanzania, in a cross-sectional study. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2012;6:e1557 pubmed publisher..Human infections are associated with these events, with a fatality rate of 0.5-2%. Since the virus is able to use many mosquito species of temperate climates as vectors, it has a high potential to spread to outside Africa...
- van Rijt S, Keller I, John G, Kohse K, Yildirim A, Eickelberg O, et al. Acute cigarette smoke exposure impairs proteasome function in the lung. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2012;303:L814-23 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that defective proteasomal protein quality control may exacerbate the detrimental effects of cigarette smoke in the lung. ..
- Chen T, Fallah M, Brenner H, Jansen L, Mai E, Castro F, et al. Risk of Second Primary Cancers in Multiple Myeloma Survivors in German and Swedish Cancer Registries. Sci Rep. 2016;6:22084 pubmed publisher..2 (0.3-7.8) for 2004-2010 in Sweden. We found elevated risk for AML for overall, early diagnosis periods and longer follow-up times in both populations, suggesting possible side effects of treatment for MM patients. ..
- Dong J, Ndrepepa G, Schmitt C, Mehilli J, Schmieder S, Schwaiger M, et al. Early resolution of ST-segment elevation correlates with myocardial salvage assessed by Tc-99m sestamibi scintigraphy in patients with acute myocardial infarction after mechanical or thrombolytic reperfusion therapy. Circulation. 2002;105:2946-9 pubmed..These data provide an explanation for the favorable prognostic value of the ST-segment resolution and support the use of this parameter to compare the efficacy of different reperfusion strategies. ..
- Rangatia J, Vangala R, Treiber N, Zhang P, Radomska H, Tenen D, et al. Downregulation of c-Jun expression by transcription factor C/EBPalpha is critical for granulocytic lineage commitment. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:8681-94 pubmed..Thus, we propose a model in which C/EBPalpha needs to downregulate c-Jun expression and transactivation capacity for promoting granulocytic differentiation. ..
- Bender A, Schulte Altedorneburg G, Walther E, Pfister H. Severe tick borne encephalitis with simultaneous brain stem, bithalamic, and spinal cord involvement documented by MRI. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2005;76:135-7 pubmed..They should therefore be identified early in order to be prepared for life threatening respiratory complications...
- Bolzer A, Kreth G, Solovei I, Koehler D, Saracoglu K, Fauth C, et al. Three-dimensional maps of all chromosomes in human male fibroblast nuclei and prometaphase rosettes. PLoS Biol. 2005;3:e157 pubmed..Chromatin domains, which are gene-poor, form a layer beneath the nuclear envelope, while gene-dense chromatin is enriched in the nuclear interior. We discuss the possible functional implications of this finding. ..
- Zwanzger P, Rupprecht R. Selective GABAergic treatment for panic? Investigations in experimental panic induction and panic disorder. J Psychiatry Neurosci. 2005;30:167-75 pubmed
- Lordick F, Geinitz H, Theisen J, Sendler A, Sarbia M. Increased risk of ischemic bowel complications during treatment with bevacizumab after pelvic irradiation: report of three cases. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2006;64:1295-8 pubmed
- Fertmann J, Wimmer C, Arbogast H, Illner W, Tarabichi A, Calasan I, et al. Single-shot antithrombin in human pancreas-kidney transplantation: reduction of reperfusion pancreatitis and prevention of graft thrombosis. Transpl Int. 2006;19:458-65 pubmed..This new concept should deserve testing in a prospective clinical trial. ..
- Stoeckelhuber M, Matthias C, Andratschke M, Stoeckelhuber B, Koehler C, Herzmann S, et al. Human ceruminous gland: ultrastructure and histochemical analysis of antimicrobial and cytoskeletal components. Anat Rec A Discov Mol Cell Evol Biol. 2006;288:877-84 pubmed..In addition, we detected proteins involved in the apocrine secretion mode of the ceruminous gland. ..
- Hoogland T, Schubert M, Miklitz B, Ramirez A. Transforaminal posterolateral endoscopic discectomy with or without the combination of a low-dose chymopapain: a prospective randomized study in 280 consecutive cases. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2006;31:E890-7 pubmed..There was a low recurrence rate with no major complications. The method can be applied in any type of lumbar disc herniation, including the L5-S1 level. ..
- Wittmann M, Vollmer T, Schweiger C, Hiddemann W. The relation between the experience of time and psychological distress in patients with hematological malignancies. Palliat Support Care. 2006;4:357-63 pubmed..As this is the first study to demonstrate this relation in cancer patients, further research is needed to investigate the experience of time and its relation to meaning as an issue in clinical diagnostics. ..
- Goke B, Gause Nilsson I, Persson A. The effects of tesaglitazar as add-on treatment to metformin in patients with poorly controlled type 2 diabetes. Diab Vasc Dis Res. 2007;4:204-13 pubmed..Despite the clinical discontinuation of tesaglitazar, this study has demonstrated the potential benefits of dual PPAR agonism as add-on therapy to metformin, in patients with poorly controlled type 2 diabetes. ..
- Shankaran S, Capell A, Hruscha A, Fellerer K, Neumann M, Schmid B, et al. Missense mutations in the progranulin gene linked to frontotemporal lobar degeneration with ubiquitin-immunoreactive inclusions reduce progranulin production and secretion. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:1744-53 pubmed..Upon reduction of progranulin, neither a major redistribution of TDP-43 nor proteolytic processing to disease-characterizing C-terminal fragments could be observed. ..
- Krause E, Wechtenbruch J, Rader T, Gurkov R. Influence of cochlear implantation on sacculus function. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2009;140:108-113 pubmed publisher..Although CI can cause damage to sacculus and hSCC function, this is probably not the only cause for postoperative vertigo. Advanced age is a significant risk factor for vertigo after CI. ..
- Kesting M, Sudhoff H, Hasler R, Nieberler M, Pautke C, Wolff K, et al. Psoriasin (S100A7) up-regulation in oral squamous cell carcinoma and its relation to clinicopathologic features. Oral Oncol. 2009;45:731-6 pubmed publisher..018). Based on this data, we conclude that psoriasin is a positive marker for oral cancerogenesis and early tumour progression. ..
- Ilie N, Hickel R. Resin composite restorative materials. Aust Dent J. 2011;56 Suppl 1:59-66 pubmed publisher..Finally, the paper attempts to establish the needs and wishes of clinicians for further development of resin-based composites. ..
- Herrmann K, Erkan M, Dobritz M, Schuster T, Siveke J, Beer A, et al. Comparison of 3'-deoxy-3'-[¹?F]fluorothymidine positron emission tomography (FLT PET) and FDG PET/CT for the detection and characterization of pancreatic tumours. Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2012;39:846-51 pubmed publisher..Due to the limited number of patients, the clinical value of adding FLT PET to the diagnostic workup of pancreatic tumours remains to be determined. ..
- Preissler G, Graeb C, Steib C, Zech C, Weiler C, Stemmler H, et al. Acute liver failure, rupture and hemorrhagic shock as primary manifestation of advanced metastatic disease. Anticancer Res. 2012;32:3449-54 pubmed..Malignancies rarely cause of acute liver failure, the presence of which have to be ruled-out during transplant evaluation. Tumor-related liver ruptures sporadically occur and might further complicate patient management...
- Muether P, Neuhann I, Buhl C, Hermann M, Kirchhof B, Fauser S. Intraocular growth factors and cytokines in patients with dry and neovascular age-related macular degeneration. Retina. 2013;33:1809-14 pubmed publisher..The antiangiogenic endostatin was exclusively elevated in neovascular AMD, while thrombospondin 2 was reduced. Age-related macular degeneration disease seems to be associated with a generally altered cytokine system. ..
- Heublein S, Mayr D, Vrekoussis T, Friese K, Hofmann S, Jeschke U, et al. The G-protein coupled estrogen receptor (GPER/GPR30) is a gonadotropin receptor dependent positive prognosticator in ovarian carcinoma patients. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e71791 pubmed publisher..Further studies are needed to evaluate the impact of GPER activation on a clinical scheme. ..
- Behrens R, Cramer J, Jelinek T, Shaw H, von Sonnenburg F, Wilbraham D, et al. Efficacy and safety of a patch vaccine containing heat-labile toxin from Escherichia coli against travellers' diarrhoea: a phase 3, randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled field trial in travellers from Europe to Mexico and Guatemala. Lancet Infect Dis. 2014;14:197-204 pubmed publisher..Future vaccines against travellers' diarrhoea might need to include several antigens against various diarrhoeal pathogens, and might need to be able to generate mucosal and higher systemic immunity. ..
- Plesnila N. The immune system in traumatic brain injury. Curr Opin Pharmacol. 2016;26:110-7 pubmed publisher..Understanding these processes may results in new, clinically applicable therapeutic options for TBI patients. ..
- Ghio S, Kamp F, Cauchi R, Giese A, Vassallo N. Interaction of Î±-synuclein with biomembranes in Parkinson's disease--role of cardiolipin. Prog Lipid Res. 2016;61:73-82 pubmed publisher..Impaired mitochondrial function culminates in a cellular bioenergetic crisis and apoptotic death. To conclude, we advocate the accelerated discovery of new drugs targeting this pathway in order to restore mitochondrial function in PD. ..
- Huber W, Henschel B, Schmid R, Al Chalabi A. First clinical experience in 14 patients treated with ADVOS: a study on feasibility, safety and efficacy of a new type of albumin dialysis. BMC Gastroenterol. 2017;17:32 pubmed publisher..ADVOS efficiently eliminates water- and protein-bound toxins in humans with LF. ADVOS is feasible in patients with advanced LF which is emphasized by a total number of more than 100 treatment sessions in one single patient. ..
- Griese M. Pulmonary Alveolar Proteinosis: A Comprehensive Clinical Perspective. Pediatrics. 2017;140: pubmed publisher..Other treatment options and long-term survival are related to the condition causing the proteinosis. ..
- Schmidt Hieber M, Bierwirth J, Buchheidt D, Cornely O, Hentrich M, Maschmeyer G, et al. Diagnosis and management of gastrointestinal complications in adult cancer patients: 2017 updated evidence-based guidelines of the Infectious Diseases Working Party (AGIHO) of the German Society of Hematology and Medical Oncology (DGHO). Ann Hematol. 2018;97:31-49 pubmed publisher..A multidisciplinary approach to the diagnosis and management of gastrointestinal complications in cancer patients is mandatory. Evidence-based recommendations are provided in this updated guideline. ..
- Neusser M, Stanyon R, Bigoni F, Wienberg J, Muller S. Molecular cytotaxonomy of New World monkeys (Platyrrhini) - comparative analysis of five species by multi-color chromosome painting gives evidence for a classification of Callimico goeldii within the family of Callitrichidae. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 2001;94:206-15 pubmed..Saimiri sciureus, representing the Cebinae, exclusively shares a derived syntenic association with all Callithrichidae, defining the genus Saimiri as a sister group. ..
- Ladurner R, Mussack T. Small bowel perforation due to protruding spiral tackers: a rare complication in laparoscopic incisional hernia repair. Surg Endosc. 2004;18:1001 pubmed..We report the case of a small bowel perforation due to protruding spiral tackers that occurred 17 days after an initially uneventful clinical course. ..
- Erazo N, Baumert J, Ladwig K. Factors associated with failed and completed railway suicides. J Affect Disord. 2005;88:137-43 pubmed..Higher odds to die on open track area, fast track lines and during night-time suggest a reduced opportunity to survive due to circumstances. ..
- Hentschel N, Krusch M, Kiener P, Kolb H, Salih H, Schmetzer H. Serum levels of sCD137 (4-1BB) ligand are prognostic factors for progression in acute myeloid leukemia but not in non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. Eur J Haematol. 2006;77:91-101 pubmed..Taken together, our data demonstrate that sCD137L can be used as a prognostic factor not only in MDS but also in AML. ..
- Siegmund V, Adjei O, Nitschke J, Thompson W, Klutse E, Herbinger K, et al. Dry reagent-based polymerase chain reaction compared with other laboratory methods available for the diagnosis of Buruli ulcer disease. Clin Infect Dis. 2007;45:68-75 pubmed..The quality of clinical diagnosis and the quality of diagnostic specimens strongly influence the positivity ratio. ..
- Beck R, Seidl C, Pfost B, Morgenstern A, Bruchertseifer F, Baum H, et al. 213Bi-radioimmunotherapy defeats early-stage disseminated gastric cancer in nude mice. Cancer Sci. 2007;98:1215-22 pubmed..85 MBq 213Bi-d9MAb showed excellent therapeutic efficacy without any signs of acute or chronic toxicity, radioimmunotherapy with the alpha-emitter 213Bi is a promising concept for treatment of early peritoneal carcinomatosis...
- Jeschke U, Mylonas I, Kuhn C, Shabani N, Kunert Keil C, Schindlbeck C, et al. Expression of E-cadherin in human ductal breast cancer carcinoma in situ, invasive carcinomas, their lymph node metastases, their distant metastases, carcinomas with recurrence and in recurrence. Anticancer Res. 2007;27:1969-74 pubmed..Evaluation of this marker involved in cell adhesion could be a useful method for evaluating the metastatic risk in breast cancer patients. ..
- Schober W, Lubitz S, Belloni B, Gebauer G, Lintelmann J, Matuschek G, et al. Environmental polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) enhance allergic inflammation by acting on human basophils. Inhal Toxicol. 2007;19 Suppl 1:151-6 pubmed..In conclusion, PAHs from roadside emissions can directly activate sensitized basophils to cytokine secretion and drive proallergic processes through enhanced Fcepsilon RI-coupled mediator release from human basophils. ..
- Remy M, Thaler S, Schumann R, May C, Fiedorowicz M, Schuettauf F, et al. An in vivo evaluation of Brilliant Blue G in animals and humans. Br J Ophthalmol. 2008;92:1142-7 pubmed publisher..No retinal toxicity or adverse effects related to the dye were observed in animal and human studies. The long-term safety of this novel dye will have to be evaluated in larger patient series and a longer follow-up. ..
- Remy M, Pinter F, Nentwich M, Kampik A, Schönfeld C. Efficacy and safety of hyaluronidase 75 IU as an adjuvant to mepivacaine for retrobulbar anesthesia in cataract surgery. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2008;34:1966-9 pubmed publisher..The addition of hyaluronidase to mepivacaine for retrobulbar anesthesia in cataract surgery enhanced the safety of the surgical procedure due to more complete akinesia and quicker onset of complete anesthesia. ..
- Jansson A, Müller T, Gliera L, Ankerst D, Wintergerst U, Belohradsky B, et al. Clinical score for nonbacterial osteitis in children and adults. Arthritis Rheum. 2009;60:1152-9 pubmed publisher..The proposed scoring system helps to facilitate the diagnostic process in patients with suspected NBO. Use of this system might spare unnecessary invasive diagnostic and therapeutic procedures. ..
- Gschwendtner A, Bevan S, Cole J, Plourde A, Matarin M, Ross Adams H, et al. Sequence variants on chromosome 9p21.3 confer risk for atherosclerotic stroke. Ann Neurol. 2009;65:531-9 pubmed publisher..The effect of this locus on stroke appears to be independent of its relation to coronary artery disease and other stroke risk factors. Our findings support a broad role of the 9p21 region in arterial disease. ..
- Keller U, von Bubnoff N, Peschel C, Duyster J. Oncologist's/haematologist's view on the roles of pathologists for molecular targeted cancer therapy. J Cell Mol Med. 2010;14:805-17 pubmed publisher..After all, the success of a molecular targeted therapy is clearly determined by the significance of the targeted structure for the biology of cancer and the ability of the malignant cell to evade specific inhibition. ..
- Karl A, Stepp H, Willmann E, Buchner A, Hocaoglu Y, Stief C, et al. Optical coherence tomography for bladder cancer -- ready as a surrogate for optical biopsy? Results of a prospective mono-centre study. Eur J Med Res. 2010;15:131-4 pubmed..Further studies and technical development are needed to establish an adequate surrogate for optical biopsy. ..
- Kern W, Haferlach C, Schnittger S, Haferlach T. Clinical utility of multiparameter flow cytometry in the diagnosis of 1013 patients with suspected myelodysplastic syndrome: correlation to cytomorphology, cytogenetics, and clinical data. Cancer. 2010;116:4549-63 pubmed publisher..The current analysis clearly demonstrated an increased diagnostic yield with MFC when added to CM and CG in patients with suspected MDS. ..
- Hector A, Kappler M, Griese M. In vitro inhibition of neutrophil elastase activity by inhaled anti-Pseudomonas antibiotics used in cystic fibrosis patients. Mediators Inflamm. 2010;2010:809591 pubmed publisher..Clinical studies are needed to investigate potential direct effects of inhaled antibiotics on neutrophil elastase activity in cystic fibrosis airways. ..
- Fischer I, Weber M, Kuhn C, Fitzgerald J, Schulze S, Friese K, et al. Is galectin-1 a trigger for trophoblast cell fusion?: the MAP-kinase pathway and syncytium formation in trophoblast tumour cells BeWo. Mol Hum Reprod. 2011;17:747-57 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we demonstrated that gal-1 induces the activation of Elk1, a transcription factor that is activated by MAPK pathways. ..
- Jung C, Fuhrmann M, Honarnejad K, Van Leuven F, Herms J. Role of presenilin 1 in structural plasticity of cortical dendritic spines in vivo. J Neurochem. 2011;119:1064-73 pubmed publisher..In consequence, our results favor the view that PS1 influences dendritic spine plasticity in a gain-of-function but ?-secretase-independent manner. ..
- Chmitorz A, Von Kries R, Rasmussen K, Nehring I, Ensenauer R. Do trimester-specific cutoffs predict whether women ultimately stay within the Institute of Medicine/National Research Council guidelines for gestational weight gain? Findings of a retrospective cohort study. Am J Clin Nutr. 2012;95:1432-7 pubmed publisher..Therefore, it appears possible to identify women at risk of gaining outside of the guideline as early as the second trimester. ..
- Beitz A, Riphaus A, Meining A, Kronshage T, Geist C, Wagenpfeil S, et al. Capnographic monitoring reduces the incidence of arterial oxygen desaturation and hypoxemia during propofol sedation for colonoscopy: a randomized, controlled study (ColoCap Study). Am J Gastroenterol. 2012;107:1205-12 pubmed publisher..Additional capnographic monitoring of ventilatory activity reduces the incidence of oxygen desaturation and hypoxemia during propofol sedation for colonoscopy. ..
- Scholz H, Margos G, Derschum H, Speck S, Tserennorov D, Erdenebat N, et al. High prevalence of genetically diverse Borrelia bavariensis-like strains in Ixodes persulcatus from Selenge Aimag, Mongolia. Ticks Tick Borne Dis. 2013;4:89-92 pubmed publisher..bavariensis (previously known as B. garinii OspA serotype 4) is the most prevalent species, showing an unexpectedly high genetic diversity...
- Motz C, Schuhmann K, Kirchhofer A, Moldt M, Witte G, Conzelmann K, et al. Paramyxovirus V proteins disrupt the fold of the RNA sensor MDA5 to inhibit antiviral signaling. Science. 2013;339:690-3 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest an inhibition mechanism of RLR signalosome formation by unfolding of receptor and inhibitor...
- Nef H, Wiebe J, Achenbach S, MÃ¼nzel T, Naber C, Richardt G, et al. Evaluation of the short- and long-term safety and therapy outcomes of the everolimus-eluting bioresorbable vascular scaffold system in patients with coronary artery stenosis: Rationale and design of the German-Austrian ABSORB RegIstRy (GABI-R). Cardiovasc Revasc Med. 2016;17:34-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, the goal of GABI-R is to address this lack of information. ..
- Li X, Wang S, Schreiber C, Cheng W, Lin K, Sun J, et al. More than valve repair: Effect of cone reconstruction on right ventricular geometry and function in patients with Ebstein anomaly. Int J Cardiol. 2016;206:131-7 pubmed publisher..As such, it may improve RV performance and long-term prognosis. In addition, our described TAMSI proved to be a useful adjunct to postoperative assessments. ..
- Rebensburg S, Helfer M, Schneider M, Koppensteiner H, Eberle J, Schindler M, et al. Potent in vitro antiviral activity of Cistus incanus extract against HIV and Filoviruses targets viral envelope proteins. Sci Rep. 2016;6:20394 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that Ci extracts show potent and broad in vitro antiviral activity against viruses that cause life-threatening diseases in humans and are promising sources of agents that target virus particles. ..
- Klinke T, Daboul A, Schwahn C, Frankenberger R, Hickel R, Biffar R. Dental practitioner recruitment for a randomized clinical trial in the field to evaluate the performance of a new glass ionomer restoration material. Trials. 2016;17:73 pubmed publisher..The trial has been registered at Deutsches Register Klinischer Studien (German register of clinical trials) on 6 September 2012 under DRKS-ID: DRKS00004220. ..
- Leder K, Grobusch M, Gautret P, Chen L, Kuhn S, Lim P, et al. Zika beyond the Americas: Travelers as sentinels of Zika virus transmission. A GeoSentinel analysis, 2012 to 2016. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0185689 pubmed publisher..We aim to describe ZIKV disease epidemiology outside the Americas, the importance of travelers as sentinels of disease transmission, and discrepancies in travel advisories from major international health organizations...
- Berger M, Von Schweinitz D. Therapeutic Innovations for Targeting Childhood Neuroblastoma: Implications of the Neurokinin-1 Receptor System. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:5911-5918 pubmed..The present article explores the most recent developments in targeting neuroblastoma cells via the NK1R and how this new knowledge could be helpful to create new anticancer therapies agains neuroblastoma and other cancers...
- Schindelhauer D, Schuffenhauer S, Gasser T, Steinkasserer A, Meitinger T. The gene coding for glial cell line derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) maps to chromosome 5p12-p13.1. Genomics. 1995;28:605-7 pubmed
- Kliche S, Nagel W, Kremmer E, Atzler C, Ege A, Knorr T, et al. Signaling by human herpesvirus 8 kaposin A through direct membrane recruitment of cytohesin-1. Mol Cell. 2001;7:833-43 pubmed..These results suggest a previously unknown involvement of ARF GTPases in the control of cellular functions by herpesviruses. ..
- Schulz R, Wehmeyer A, Schulz K. Visualizing preference of G protein-coupled receptor kinase 3 for the process of kappa-opioid receptor sequestration. Mol Pharmacol. 2002;61:1444-52 pubmed..Comparing the effect of over-expressed GRK2 and GRK3 on sequestration of kappa-receptors, we conclude that GRK3 more strongly induces kappa-receptor internalization than GRK2. ..
- Heidecke C, Rosenberg R, Bauer M, Werner M, Weigert N, Ulm K, et al. Impact of grade of dysplasia in villous adenomas of Vater's papilla. World J Surg. 2002;26:709-14 pubmed..Therefore pylorus-preserving pancreaticoduodenectomy should be offered to patients with an HG dysplasia adenoma...
- Hammer C. Xenotransplantation for liver therapy or: Can porcine hepatocytes generate physiological functions sufficient for a human patient in ALF?. Int J Artif Organs. 2002;25:1019-28 pubmed..Only very conservative molecules, like for example insulin or calcitonin function properly in both species, while others such as complement, albumin and erythropoietin do not fulfill their task properly or not at all...
- Schneider G, Kochs E, Horn B, Kreuzer M, Ningler M. Narcotrend does not adequately detect the transition between awareness and unconsciousness in surgical patients. Anesthesiology. 2004;101:1105-11 pubmed..The current study evaluates the capability of the Narcotrend to separate awareness from unconsciousness at the transition between these levels...
- Mueller Koch Y, Vogelsang H, Kopp R, Lohse P, Keller G, Aust D, et al. Hereditary non-polyposis colorectal cancer: clinical and molecular evidence for a new entity of hereditary colorectal cancer. Gut. 2005;54:1733-40 pubmed..These data show that HNPCC includes at least two entities with clinical and molecular differences. This will have implications for surveillance programmes and for cancer research. ..
- Blazek E, Meisterernst M. A functional proteomics approach for the detection of nuclear proteins based on derepressed importin alpha. Proteomics. 2006;6:2070-8 pubmed..Application to activation of primary T-lymphocytes exemplifies the potential use of DIRE for comparative proteomics and for diagnostics. ..
- Brückl T, Wittchen H, Hofler M, Pfister H, Schneider S, Lieb R. Childhood separation anxiety and the risk of subsequent psychopathology: Results from a community study. Psychother Psychosom. 2007;76:47-56 pubmed..Although revealing a strong association between SAD and PDAG, our results argue against a specific SAD-PDAG relationship. PDAG was neither a specific outcome nor a complete mediator variable of SAD. ..
- von Beckerath N, Kastrati A, Wieczorek A, Pogatsa Murray G, Sibbing D, Graf I, et al. A double-blind, randomized study on platelet aggregation in patients treated with a daily dose of 150 or 75 mg of clopidogrel for 30 days. Eur Heart J. 2007;28:1814-9 pubmed..3 P2Y12 Reaction Units; P = 0.004). Administration of a 150 mg oral maintenance dose of clopidogrel results in more intense inhibition of platelet aggregation than administration of the currently recommended 75 mg maintenance dose. ..
- Koch W, Schaaff N, Popperl G, Mulert C, Juckel G, Reicherzer M, et al. [I-123] ADAM and SPECT in patients with borderline personality disorder and healthy control subjects. J Psychiatry Neurosci. 2007;32:234-40 pubmed..The study provides evidence of a serotonergic dysfunction in patients with BPD and suggests a serotonergic component in the pathophysiology of the disorder. SERT binding reflected the level of impulsiveness as a common feature in BPD. ..
- Möhrenschlager M, Ring J, Henkel V, Jessberger B. Lost needle: a simple search device for the operating room's floor. Langenbecks Arch Surg. 2008;393:1009-11 pubmed..For search in body cavities, X-ray examination is recommended. With simple methods, a lost needle can be found easily to prevent any harm for others in the future. ..
- Uhr M, Tontsch A, Namendorf C, Ripke S, Lucae S, Ising M, et al. Polymorphisms in the drug transporter gene ABCB1 predict antidepressant treatment response in depression. Neuron. 2008;57:203-9 pubmed publisher..This finding can be viewed as a further step into personalized antidepressant treatment...
- Paschos E, Limbach M, Teichmann M, Huth K, Folwaczny M, Hickel R, et al. Orthodontic attachments and chlorhexidine-containing varnish effects on gingival health. Angle Orthod. 2008;78:908-16 pubmed publisher..These values showed a significant decrease after application of a chlorhexidine-containing varnish. However, the PI showed higher values for the teeth with brackets. ..
- Amann M, Friedrich M, Lutterbuese P, Vieser E, Lorenczewski G, Petersen L, et al. Therapeutic window of an EpCAM/CD3-specific BiTE antibody in mice is determined by a subpopulation of EpCAM-expressing lymphocytes that is absent in humans. Cancer Immunol Immunother. 2009;58:95-109 pubmed publisher..Because humans have extremely low numbers of EpCAM(+) cells in blood, this toxicity of an EpCAM-specific BiTE may be specific for mice. ..
- Linn J, Peters F, Moriggl B, Naidich T, Bruckmann H, Yousry I. The jugular foramen: imaging strategy and detailed anatomy at 3T. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2009;30:34-41 pubmed publisher..It is expected to aid in detecting small pathologies affecting the JF and in planning the best surgical approach to lesions affecting the JF. ..
- Roeske D, Ludwig K, Neuhoff N, Becker J, Bartling J, Bruder J, et al. First genome-wide association scan on neurophysiological endophenotypes points to trans-regulation effects on SLC2A3 in dyslexic children. Mol Psychiatry. 2011;16:97-107 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest a possible trans-regulation effect on SLC2A3, which might lead to glucose deficits in dyslexic children and could explain their attenuated MMN in passive listening tasks. ..
- Singh A, Kammermeier S, Plate A, Mehrkens J, Ilmberger J, Bötzel K. Pattern of local field potential activity in the globus pallidus internum of dystonic patients during walking on a treadmill. Exp Neurol. 2011;232:162-7 pubmed publisher..These data shed light on the function of the BG in patients with dystonia and demonstrate that, during gait, their overall activity increases in a specific way without showing increases of narrow frequency bands. ..
- Schreiner B, Viertlboeck B, Göbel T. A striking example of convergent evolution observed for the ggFcR:IgY interaction closely resembling that of mammalian FcR:IgG. Dev Comp Immunol. 2012;36:566-71 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that ggFcR has a contact site to IgY which closely resembles that of human IgG bound to FcR. ..