Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Munich, Bavaria, Germany
Locale: Munich, Bavaria, Germany
Publications511 found, 100 shown here
- Jeschke U, Schiessl B, Mylonas I, Kunze S, Kuhn C, Schulze S, et al. Expression of the proliferation marker Ki-67 and of p53 tumor protein in trophoblastic tissue of preeclamptic, HELLP, and intrauterine growth-restricted pregnancies. Int J Gynecol Pathol. 2006;25:354-60 pubmed..An elevated proliferation of cytotrophoblastic cells seems to be related to HELLP, and this enhanced proliferation seems to be controlled by p53. ..
- Mølhøj M, Crommer S, Brischwein K, Rau D, Sriskandarajah M, Hoffmann P, et al. CD19-/CD3-bispecific antibody of the BiTE class is far superior to tandem diabody with respect to redirected tumor cell lysis. Mol Immunol. 2007;44:1935-43 pubmed..The extraordinary potency of the BiTE class and its representative MT103 may translate into improved anti-tumor activity, lower dosing and lower costs of production compared to other bispecific antibody formats. ..
- Moller H, Riedel M, Jager M, Wickelmaier F, Maier W, Kuhn K, et al. Short-term treatment with risperidone or haloperidol in first-episode schizophrenia: 8-week results of a randomized controlled trial within the German Research Network on Schizophrenia. Int J Neuropsychopharmacol. 2008;11:985-97 pubmed publisher..Risperidone has better extrapyramidal tolerability and treatment retention rate than the equivalent dose of haloperidol in these patients. ..
- Huth K, Quirling M, Maier S, Kamereck K, Alkhayer M, Paschos E, et al. Effectiveness of ozone against endodontopathogenic microorganisms in a root canal biofilm model. Int Endod J. 2009;42:3-13 pubmed publisher..High-concentrated gaseous and aqueous ozone was dose-, strain- and time-dependently effective against the tested microorganisms in suspension and the biofilm test model. ..
- Broedl U, Lebherz C, Lehrke M, Stark R, Greif M, Becker A, et al. Low adiponectin levels are an independent predictor of mixed and non-calcified coronary atherosclerotic plaques. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e4733 pubmed publisher..Adiponectin levels predict mixed and non-calcified coronary atherosclerotic plaque burden. Low adiponectin levels may contribute to coronary plaque vulnerability and may thus play a role in the pathophysiology of ACS. ..
- Friedrich P, Feulner T, Laws S, Eckart K, Perneczky R, Kurz A, et al. No association of Tachykinin receptor 2 (TACR2) polymorphisms with Alzheimer's disease. Neurobiol Aging. 2011;32:544-5 pubmed publisher..Genotyping of 13 single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) covering the entire gene and haplotypic analysis revealed no association with AD. Thus, we conclude that TACR2 can be excluded as a major susceptibility gene conferring risk to AD. ..
- Sternfeld T, Weidenbach H, Lorenzen S, Schmid R. [A 17 year old adolescent with chronic neutropenia, recurrent infections, severe dysphagia and peroneus palsy]. Internist (Berl). 2009;50:1018-21 pubmed publisher..The mode of HIV transmission remained obscure until further research revealed a probable nosocomial infection during early childhood in Romania. ..
- Pfefferkorn T, Eppinger U, Linn J, Birnbaum T, Herzog J, Straube A, et al. Long-term outcome after suboccipital decompressive craniectomy for malignant cerebellar infarction. Stroke. 2009;40:3045-50 pubmed publisher..Infarct- but not procedure-related early mortality is substantial. Long-term outcome in survivors is acceptable, particularly in the absence of brain stem infarction. ..
- Krause D, Matz J, Weidinger E, Wagner J, Wildenauer A, Obermeier M, et al. Association between intracellular infectious agents and Tourette's syndrome. Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci. 2010;260:359-63 pubmed publisher..It still remains unclear whether tic symptoms are partly due to the infection or to changes in the immune balance caused by an infection. ..
- Messmer E, Schmid Tannwald C, Zapp D, Kampik A. In vivo confocal microscopy of corneal small fiber damage in diabetes mellitus. Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol. 2010;248:1307-12 pubmed publisher..It is capable of demonstrating diabetic nerve fiber damage earlier than corneal sensation testing and vibration perception assessment in the lower limb. ..
- Ege M, MAYER M, Normand A, Genuneit J, Cookson W, Braun FahrlÃ¤nder C, et al. Exposure to environmental microorganisms and childhood asthma. N Engl J Med. 2011;364:701-9 pubmed publisher..Funded by the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft and the European Commission.). ..
- Casaca V, Illi S, Suttner K, Schleich I, Ballenberger N, Klucker E, et al. TBX21 and HLX1 polymorphisms influence cytokine secretion at birth. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e31069 pubmed publisher..Further follow-up of the cohort is required to study the polymorphisms' relevance for immune-mediated diseases such as childhood asthma. ..
- Gaertner F, Kessler H, Wester H, Schwaiger M, Beer A. Radiolabelled RGD peptides for imaging and therapy. Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2012;39 Suppl 1:S126-38 pubmed publisher..A perspective will be presented on the future clinical use of radiolabelled RGD peptides including an outlook on potential applications for radionuclide therapy. ..
- Hegyi Z, Zwicker S, Bureik D, Peric M, Koglin S, Batycka Baran A, et al. Vitamin D analog calcipotriol suppresses the Th17 cytokine-induced proinflammatory S100 "alarmins" psoriasin (S100A7) and koebnerisin (S100A15) in psoriasis. J Invest Dermatol. 2012;132:1416-24 pubmed publisher..Thus, targeting the S100-amplification loop could be a beneficial anti-inflammatory approach in psoriasis and other inflammatory skin diseases. ..
- Muller S, Wienberg J. "Bar-coding" primate chromosomes: molecular cytogenetic screening for the ancestral hominoid karyotype. Hum Genet. 2001;109:85-94 pubmed
- Reindl C, Bagrintseva K, Vempati S, Schnittger S, Ellwart J, Wenig K, et al. Point mutations in the juxtamembrane domain of FLT3 define a new class of activating mutations in AML. Blood. 2006;107:3700-7 pubmed
- Spitzweg C, Baker C, Bergert E, O Connor M, Morris J. Image-guided radioiodide therapy of medullary thyroid cancer after carcinoembryonic antigen promoter-targeted sodium iodide symporter gene expression. Hum Gene Ther. 2007;18:916-24 pubmed..We conclude that a therapeutic effect of (131)I was demonstrated in vivo in MTC cell xenografts after adenovirus-mediated induction of tumor-specific iodide accumulation by CEA promoter-directed hNIS expression. ..
- Kulkarni O, Anders H. Lupus nephritis. How latest insights into its pathogenesis promote novel therapies. Curr Opin Rheumatol. 2012;24:457-65 pubmed publisher..Here, we summarize the latest pathophysiological concepts of lupus nephritis and how these translate into novel therapeutic options...
- Beissner M, Huber K, Badziklou K, Halatoko W, Maman I, Vogel F, et al. Implementation of a national reference laboratory for Buruli ulcer disease in Togo. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2013;7:e2011 pubmed publisher..The increase of non-ulcerative lesions, as well as the decrease in diagnostic delay and category III lesions, prove the effect of comprehensive EQA and training measures involving also procedures outside the laboratory. ..
- Schmitt B, Wendtner C, Bergmann M, Busch R, Franke A, Pasold R, et al. Fludarabine combination therapy for the treatment of chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Clin Lymphoma. 2002;3:26-35 pubmed..It remains to be shown whether patients with CLL achieve improved overall survival with these combination chemotherapies. ..
- Hofmann P, von Richter A. Automation and Robotics for Human Mars Exploration (AROMA). Acta Astronaut. 2003;53:399-404 pubmed..One of the goals of this effort is to initiate new developments and to maintain the competitiveness of European industry within this field. ..
- Dauer M, Schad K, Herten J, Junkmann J, Bauer C, Kiefl R, et al. FastDC derived from human monocytes within 48 h effectively prime tumor antigen-specific cytotoxic T cells. J Immunol Methods. 2005;302:145-55 pubmed..The reliability and efficacy of this new strategy for DC development from monocytes may facilitate clinical investigation of DC-based tumor immunotherapy. ..
- Schaub B, Campo M, He H, Perkins D, Gillman M, Gold D, et al. Neonatal immune responses to TLR2 stimulation: influence of maternal atopy on Foxp3 and IL-10 expression. Respir Res. 2006;7:40 pubmed..Increased IL-10 and Foxp3 induction in CBMC of non-atopic compared to atopic mothers, may indicate an increased capacity to respond to microbial stimuli. ..
- Brand S, Dambacher J, Beigel F, Zitzmann K, Heeg M, Weiss T, et al. IL-22-mediated liver cell regeneration is abrogated by SOCS-1/3 overexpression in vitro. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2007;292:G1019-28 pubmed..In conclusion, IL-22 promotes liver cell regeneration by increasing hepatic cell proliferation and hepatocyte migration through the activation of Akt and STAT signaling, which is abrogated by SOCS-1/3 overexpression. ..
- Gersting S, Kemter K, Staudigl M, Messing D, Danecka M, Lagler F, et al. Loss of function in phenylketonuria is caused by impaired molecular motions and conformational instability. Am J Hum Genet. 2008;83:5-17 pubmed publisher..Thus, PKU has evolved from a model of a genetic disease that leads to severe neurological impairment to a model of a treatable protein-folding disease with loss of function. ..
- Bauer A, Postrach J, Thormann M, Blanck S, Faber C, Wintersperger B, et al. First experience with heterotopic thoracic pig-to-baboon cardiac xenotransplantation. Xenotransplantation. 2010;17:243-9 pubmed publisher..However, successful combination of this heterotopic transplantation with an experimental model of cardiac failure may be needed before this technique can be promoted to clinical trials. ..
- Heinrich J. Influence of indoor factors in dwellings on the development of childhood asthma. Int J Hyg Environ Health. 2011;214:1-25 pubmed publisher..More research is also needed to clarify the potential risk for exposure to volatile and semi-volatile organic compounds due to renovation activities, phthalates and chlorine chemicals due to cleaning. ..
- Langer A. A systematic review of PET and PET/CT in oncology: a way to personalize cancer treatment in a cost-effective manner?. BMC Health Serv Res. 2010;10:283 pubmed publisher..Only four studies of the cost-effectiveness of PET/CT were found in this review, and this is clearly an area for future research. ..
- Baumgärtel V, Ivanchenko S, Dupont A, Sergeev M, Wiseman P, Kräusslich H, et al. Live-cell visualization of dynamics of HIV budding site interactions with an ESCRT component. Nat Cell Biol. 2011;13:469-74 pubmed publisher..Bursts lasted for ?35 s and appeared with variable delay before particle release. These results indicate that VPS4A has a direct role in membrane scission leading to HIV-1 release. ..
- Ramming A, Druzd D, Leipe J, Schulze Koops H, Skapenko A. Maturation-related histone modifications in the PU.1 promoter regulate Th9-cell development. Blood. 2012;119:4665-74 pubmed publisher..1 expression after IL-9-inducing stimulation. Our findings identify age- and differentiation-status-related epigenetic modifications of PU.1 as a unique regulator of Th9 memory acquisition and Th9 immunity. ..
- Kobold S, Völk S, Clauditz T, Küpper N, Minner S, Tufman A, et al. Interleukin-22 is frequently expressed in small- and large-cell lung cancer and promotes growth in chemotherapy-resistant cancer cells. J Thorac Oncol. 2013;8:1032-42 pubmed publisher..Enhanced IL-22-R1 expression and signaling in chemotherapy-refractory cell lines are indicative of a protumorigenic function of IL-22 and may contribute to a more aggressive phenotype. ..
- Krupka C, Kufer P, Kischel R, Zugmaier G, BÃ¶geholz J, KÃ¶hnke T, et al. CD33 target validation and sustained depletion of AML blasts in long-term cultures by the bispecific T-cell-engaging antibody AMG 330. Blood. 2014;123:356-65 pubmed publisher..Targeting CD33 ex vivo using AMG 330 in primary AML samples led to T cell recruitment and expansion and remarkable antibody-mediated cytotoxicity, suggesting efficient therapeutic potential in vivo. ..
- Costa P, Puga A, DÃaz Gomez L, Concheiro A, Busch D, Alvarez Lorenzo C. Additive manufacturing of scaffolds with dexamethasone controlled release for enhanced bone regeneration. Int J Pharm. 2015;496:541-50 pubmed publisher..The versatility of such strategy is further increased by the ability of additive manufacturing to accurately fabricate implants matching any given defect geometry. ..
- Fischer D, Vetter C, Oberlinner C, Wegener S, Roenneberg T. A unique, fast-forwards rotating schedule with 12-h long shifts prevents chronic sleep debt. Chronobiol Int. 2016;33:98-107 pubmed publisher..Prospective studies are needed to further elucidate the relationship between sleep, the circadian system, and health and safety hazards. ..
- Brenner P, WIRTH T, Liebermann A, Mihalj M, GÃ¼thoff S, Hagl C, et al. First Biventricular Jarvik 2000 Implants (Retroauricular Version) Via a Median Sternotomy. Exp Clin Transplant. 2016;14:215-23 pubmed publisher..If complication rates can be reduced, a biventricular assist device implant could and should be considered as a potential alternative for nontransplant patients. ..
- Schulze Koops H, Skapenko A. Biosimilars in rheumatology: A review of the evidence and their place in the treatment algorithm. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2017;56:iv30-iv48 pubmed publisher..The introduction of biosimilar bDMARDs has the potential to improve patient access to effective biologic therapy, to better accommodate restraints within healthcare budgets and to improve overall patient outcomes. ..
- Schwienbacher M, Israel L, Heesemann J, Ebel F. Asp f6, an Aspergillus allergen specifically recognized by IgE from patients with allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis, is differentially expressed during germination. Allergy. 2005;60:1430-5 pubmed..fumigatus proteins. Aspergillus allergen Asp f6 is recognized by IgE from ABPA patients, but not from sensitized individuals, a fact that can be used to differentiate between these two groups of allergic patients...
- Grote V, Von Kries R, Rosenfeld E, Belohradsky B, Liese J. Immunocompetent children account for the majority of complications in childhood herpes zoster. J Infect Dis. 2007;196:1455-8 pubmed..The incidence of hospitalization suggests that at least 1 in every 100 children with herpes zoster is hospitalized and that at least 1 in every 250 immunocompetent children with herpes zoster is hospitalized with complications. ..
- Strobl C, Malley J, Tutz G. An introduction to recursive partitioning: rationale, application, and characteristics of classification and regression trees, bagging, and random forests. Psychol Methods. 2009;14:323-48 pubmed publisher..Application of the methods is illustrated with freely available implementations in the R system for statistical computing. ..
- Nagel J, Kriegl L, Horst D, Engel J, Gautam S, Mantzoros C, et al. ?-Catenin is an independent prognostic marker in early stage colorectal cancer. Int J Colorectal Dis. 2010;25:1301-9 pubmed publisher..Catenin may therefore serve as a marker for identifying patients who are at increased risk of disease recurrence who may benefit from closer follow-up and adjuvant therapy. ..
- Nägele V, Heesemann J, Schielke S, Jimenez Soto L, Kurzai O, Ackermann N. Neisseria meningitidis adhesin NadA targets beta1 integrins: functional similarity to Yersinia invasin. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:20536-46 pubmed publisher..Thus, this study demonstrated for the first time a direct interaction between the Oca-family member NadA and human ?1 integrins. ..
- Duering M, Zieren N, Herve D, Jouvent E, Reyes S, Peters N, et al. Strategic role of frontal white matter tracts in vascular cognitive impairment: a voxel-based lesion-symptom mapping study in CADASIL. Brain. 2011;134:2366-75 pubmed publisher..Together these findings provide strong support for a central role of frontal-subcortical circuits in cerebral small vessel disease and vascular cognitive impairment. ..
- Gundling F, Schmidtler F, Hapfelmeier A, Schulte B, Schmidt T, Pehl C, et al. Fecal calprotectin is a useful screening parameter for hepatic encephalopathy and spontaneous bacterial peritonitis in cirrhosis. Liver Int. 2011;31:1406-15 pubmed publisher..142 and P=0.207) of laboratory parameters of systemic inflammation on FCCs in cirrhotic subgroup. Fecal calprotectin concentrations serve as a screening tool for HE and SBP. Assessment of FCCs may faciliate grading of HE-severity. ..
- Riess H, Clowes P, Kroidl I, Kowuor D, Nsojo A, Mangu C, et al. Hookworm infection and environmental factors in mbeya region, Tanzania: a cross-sectional, population-based study. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2013;7:e2408 pubmed publisher..Remotely sensed ecological data and model-based geostatistics have been used recently to identify areas in need for hookworm control...
- Wu L, Piotrowski K, Rau T, Waldmann E, Broedl U, Demmelmair H, et al. Walnut-enriched diet reduces fasting non-HDL-cholesterol and apolipoprotein B in healthy Caucasian subjects: a randomized controlled cross-over clinical trial. Metabolism. 2014;63:382-91 pubmed publisher..Daily consumption of 43g of walnuts for 8weeks significantly reduced non-HDL-cholesterol and apolipoprotein-B, which may explain in part the epidemiological observation that regular walnut consumption decreases CHD risk. ..
- Hasan A, Guse B, Cordes J, WÃ¶lwer W, Winterer G, Gaebel W, et al. Cognitive Effects of High-Frequency rTMS in Schizophrenia Patients With Predominant Negative Symptoms: Results From a Multicenter Randomized Sham-Controlled Trial. Schizophr Bull. 2016;42:608-18 pubmed publisher..This is in contrast to previous preliminary proof-of-concept trials, but highlights the need for more multicenter randomized controlled trials in the field of noninvasive brain stimulation. ..
- Walter J, Fluhrer R, Hartung B, Willem M, Kaether C, Capell A, et al. Phosphorylation regulates intracellular trafficking of beta-secretase. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:14634-41 pubmed..In contrast, nonphosphorylatable BACE S498A is retained within early endosomes. Our results therefore demonstrate regulated trafficking of BACE within the secretory and endocytic pathway. ..
- Woertler K, Vestring T, Boettner F, Winkelmann W, Heindel W, Lindner N. Osteoid osteoma: CT-guided percutaneous radiofrequency ablation and follow-up in 47 patients. J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2001;12:717-22 pubmed..To evaluate computed tomography (CT)-guided radiofrequency (RF) ablation as a minimally invasive therapy for osteoid osteoma with regard to technical and clinical success and immediate and delayed complications...
- Griese M, Schumacher S, Tredano M, Steinecker M, Braun A, Guttentag S, et al. Expression profiles of hydrophobic surfactant proteins in children with diffuse chronic lung disease. Respir Res. 2005;6:80 pubmed
- Dresp J, Menz D. The phenomenon of "sticky" silicone oil. Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol. 2007;245:863-8 pubmed
- Dambacher J, Beigel F, Seiderer J, Haller D, Goke B, Auernhammer C, et al. Interleukin 31 mediates MAP kinase and STAT1/3 activation in intestinal epithelial cells and its expression is upregulated in inflammatory bowel disease. Gut. 2007;56:1257-65 pubmed..IEC express the functional IL31 receptor complex. IL31 modulates cell proliferation and migration suggesting a role in the regulation of intestinal barrier function particularly in intestinal inflammation. ..
- Ischenko I, Seeliger H, Camaj P, Kleespies A, Guba M, Eichhorn M, et al. Src tyrosine kinase inhibition suppresses lymphangiogenesis in vitro and in vivo. Curr Cancer Drug Targets. 2010;10:546-53 pubmed..Together with anti-angiogenic effects mediated by Src inhibition, this strategy may be attractive in the treatment of lymphatic and hematogeneous metastasis of cancer. ..
- Ott I, Schulz S, Mehilli J, Fichtner S, Hadamitzky M, Hoppe K, et al. Erythropoietin in patients with acute ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction undergoing primary percutaneous coronary intervention: a randomized, double-blind trial. Circ Cardiovasc Interv. 2010;3:408-13 pubmed publisher..URL: http://www.clinicaltrials.gov. Unique identifier: NCT00390832. ..
- Muntau A, Gersting S. Phenylketonuria as a model for protein misfolding diseases and for the development of next generation orphan drugs for patients with inborn errors of metabolism. J Inherit Metab Dis. 2010;33:649-58 pubmed publisher..These pharmacological chaperones are likely to correct misfolding of proteins involved in numerous genetic and nongenetic diseases. ..
- Wittkowski H, Kuemmerle Deschner J, Austermann J, Holzinger D, Goldbach Mansky R, Gramlich K, et al. MRP8 and MRP14, phagocyte-specific danger signals, are sensitive biomarkers of disease activity in cryopyrin-associated periodic syndromes. Ann Rheum Dis. 2011;70:2075-2081 pubmed publisher..MRP8/14 is a sensitive biomarker for monitoring disease activity, status of inflammation and response to IL-1 blockade in patients with CAPS. ..
- Oexle K, Schormair B, Ried J, Czamara D, Heim K, Frauscher B, et al. Dilution of candidates: the case of iron-related genes in restless legs syndrome. Eur J Hum Genet. 2013;21:410-4 pubmed publisher..Moreover, in a general power analysis, we show that genetic effects are diluted if they are transmitted via an intermediate trait to an end-phenotype. Sample size formulas are provided for small effect sizes...
- Dupont A, Stirnnagel K, Lindemann D, Lamb D. Tracking image correlation: combining single-particle tracking and image correlation. Biophys J. 2013;104:2373-82 pubmed publisher..We apply this method to the tracking of viral fusion events in live cells and demonstrate its capacity to obtain the time-resolved colocalization status of single particles in dense and noisy environments. ..
- Paschos E, Galosi T, Huth K, Rudzki I, Wichelhaus A, Kunzelmann K. Do bonding agents protect the bracket-periphery?--Evaluation by consecutive Î¼CT scans and fluorescence measurements. Clin Oral Investig. 2015;19:159-68 pubmed publisher..The progression of WSL at the bracket-periphery could be altered by using fluoride-releasing bonding agents for bracket application. This approach represents a minimally invasive preventive measure. ..
- Wahlers T, Haverich A, Borger M, Shrestha M, Kocher A, Walther T, et al. Early outcomes after isolated aortic valve replacement with rapid deployment aortic valve. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2016;151:1639-47 pubmed publisher..Further, low in-hospital mortality and new permanent pacemaker implant rates were observed regardless of surgical approach. ..
- Daly A, Yuan B, Fina F, Caberg J, Trivellin G, Rostomyan L, et al. Somatic mosaicism underlies X-linked acrogigantism syndrome in sporadic male subjects. Endocr Relat Cancer. 2016;23:221-33 pubmed publisher..3. Somatic mosaicism was shown to occur in sporadic males but not in females with XLAG syndrome, although the clinical characteristics of the disease were similarly severe in both sexes. ..
- Schulman Marcus J, Hartaigh B, Gransar H, Lin F, Valenti V, Cho I, et al. Sex-Specific Associations Between Coronary Artery Plaque Extent and Risk of Major Adverse Cardiovascular Events: The CONFIRM Long-Term Registry. JACC Cardiovasc Imaging. 2016;9:364-372 pubmed publisher..The purpose of this study was to examine sex-specific associations, if any, between per-vessel coronary artery disease (CAD) extent and the risk of major adverse cardiovascular events (MACE) over a 5-year study duration...
- Zihl J, Hebel N. Patterns of oculomotor scanning in patients with unilateral posterior parietal or frontal lobe damage. Neuropsychologia. 1997;35:893-906 pubmed
- Janssen O, Astner S, Grasberger H, Gunn S, Refetoff S. Identification of thyroxine-binding globulin-San Diego in a family from Houston and its characterization by in vitro expression using Xenopus oocytes. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2000;85:368-72 pubmed..The difference in serum TBG concentrations in affected members of the San Diego and Houston families thus does not appear to be due to an error in the measurement of TBG, but may be related to differences in the rates of degradation. ..
- Westmeyer G, Willem M, Lichtenthaler S, Lurman G, Multhaup G, Assfalg Machleidt I, et al. Dimerization of beta-site beta-amyloid precursor protein-cleaving enzyme. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:53205-12 pubmed..Dimerization of BACE might, thus, facilitate binding and cleavage of physiological substrates. ..
- Kuhnisch J, Bücher K, Henschel V, Hickel R. Reproducibility of DIAGNOdent 2095 and DIAGNOdent Pen measurements: results from an in vitro study on occlusal sites. Eur J Oral Sci. 2007;115:206-11 pubmed..In conclusion, both devices showed an imperfect reproducibility, which indicate the usage as adjunct tool only in clinical practice. ..
- Sadr Nabavi A, Ramser J, Volkmann J, Naehrig J, Wiesmann F, Betz B, et al. Decreased expression of angiogenesis antagonist EFEMP1 in sporadic breast cancer is caused by aberrant promoter methylation and points to an impact of EFEMP1 as molecular biomarker. Int J Cancer. 2009;124:1727-35 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, these data point towards a possible predictive impact of EFEMP1 expression in primary breast cancer. ..
- Klein M, Pfister H, Leib S, Koedel U. Therapy of community-acquired acute bacterial meningitis: the clock is running. Expert Opin Pharmacother. 2009;10:2609-23 pubmed publisher..Finally, suggestions for the approach to a patient with suspected bacterial meningitis are presented. ..
- Steiger A, Dresler M, Schussler P, Kluge M. Ghrelin in mental health, sleep, memory. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2011;340:88-96 pubmed publisher..Furthermore ghrelin appears to be related to memory and to be involved in the pathophysiology of CNS disorders, particularly depression. ..
- Dokoupil K, Gokmen Ozel H, Lammardo A, Motzfeldt K, Robert M, Rocha J, et al. Optimising growth in phenylketonuria: current state of the clinical evidence base. Clin Nutr. 2012;31:16-21 pubmed publisher..The search retrieved only limited evidence on the effect of PKU and its dietary management on growth. Physical development in PKU remains an under-studied aspect of this disorder. ..
- Frankenberger M, Hofer T, Marei A, Dayyani F, Schewe S, Strasser C, et al. Transcript profiling of CD16-positive monocytes reveals a unique molecular fingerprint. Eur J Immunol. 2012;42:957-74 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, CD16-positive MDMs showed a higher phagocytosis for opsonized Escherichia coli. The data demonstrate that CD16-positive monocytes form a distinct type of cell, which gives rise to a distinct macrophage phenotype. ..
- Riecke A, Rufa C, Cordes M, Hartmann J, Meineke V, Abend M. Gene expression comparisons performed for biodosimetry purposes on in vitro peripheral blood cellular subsets and irradiated individuals. Radiat Res. 2012;178:234-43 pubmed..Therefore, measurements with our in vitro models should be interpreted cautiously. ..
- Weinberger R, Falkenhorst G, Bogdan C, van der Linden M, ImÃ¶hl M, von Kries R. Incidence of invasive pneumococcal disease in 5-15 year old children with and without comorbidities in Germany after the introduction of PCV13: Implications for vaccinating children with comorbidities. Vaccine. 2015;33:6617-21 pubmed publisher..Pneumococcal vaccination uptake in children with comorbidities should be increased, although only about two-thirds of the cases might be preventable by presently available vaccines. ..
- LÃ¤ssig C, Matheisl S, Sparrer K, de Oliveira Mann C, Moldt M, Patel J, et al. ATP hydrolysis by the viral RNA sensor RIG-I prevents unintentional recognition of self-RNA. elife. 2015;4: pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that ATP-hydrolysis prevents recognition of self-RNA and suggest that SMS mutations lead to unintentional signaling through prolonged RNA binding. ..
- Kastrati A, Koch W, Berger P, Mehilli J, Stephenson K, Neumann F, et al. Protective role against restenosis from an interleukin-1 receptor antagonist gene polymorphism in patients treated with coronary stenting. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2000;36:2168-73 pubmed..This finding supports a role of inflammation in the development of restenosis after stent placement. ..
- Schurmann M, Gradl G, Zaspel J, Kayser M, Lohr P, Andress H. Peripheral sympathetic function as a predictor of complex regional pain syndrome type I (CRPS I) in patients with radial fracture. Auton Neurosci. 2000;86:127-34 pubmed..Their occurrence before the clinical breakout of the disease may serve as a marker that might be useful for early therapy and lead to further understanding of the pathophysiology of CRPS I. ..
- Minov C, Baghai T, Schule C, Zwanzger P, Schwarz M, Zill P, et al. Serotonin-2A-receptor and -transporter polymorphisms: lack of association in patients with major depression. Neurosci Lett. 2001;303:119-22 pubmed..However, subtypes might be identified at least on a basis of differential treatment response. ..
- Sing A, Geiger A, Hogardt M, Heesemann J. Pneumocystis carinii carriage among cystic fibrosis patients, as detected by nested PCR. J Clin Microbiol. 2001;39:2717-8 pubmed..Seven of 95 patients (7.4%) were PCR positive, suggesting that P. carinii carriage may exist among CF patients due to their underlying pulmonary disease...
- Braun Falco M, Volgger W, Borelli S, Ring J, Disch R. Galli-Galli disease: an unrecognized entity or an acantholytic variant of Dowling-Degos disease?. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2001;45:760-3 pubmed..We report a typical case of Galli-Galli disease, which supports this concept. ..
- Strohle A, Romeo E, di Michele F, Pasini A, Hermann B, Gajewsky G, et al. Induced panic attacks shift gamma-aminobutyric acid type A receptor modulatory neuroactive steroid composition in patients with panic disorder: preliminary results. Arch Gen Psychiatry. 2003;60:161-8 pubmed
- Abend M, Port M, Schmelz H, Kraft K, Sparwasser C. Significance of apoptosis in metastasizing testis tumors. Urol Res. 2004;32:28-35 pubmed..It remains to be seen whether these characteristics might be suitable for a reliable prediction of metastasis. ..
- Zilker T. Medical management of incidents with chemical warfare agents. Toxicology. 2005;214:221-31 pubmed..Characteristic diagnostic signs, decontamination procedures and therapeutic schemes for these agents are described. Treatment options are discussed. The importance of planning (e.g. antidote availability) and preparedness is emphasized. ..
- Petry A, Djordjevic T, Weitnauer M, Kietzmann T, Hess J, Gorlach A. NOX2 and NOX4 mediate proliferative response in endothelial cells. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2006;8:1473-84 pubmed..NOX2 and NOX4, but not NOX1, equally contributed to ROS generation and proliferation under basal conditions, indicating that a complex relation between NOX homologues controls endothelial function. ..
- Leuchte H, El Nounou M, Tuerpe J, Hartmann B, Baumgartner R, Vogeser M, et al. N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide and renal insufficiency as predictors of mortality in pulmonary hypertension. Chest. 2007;131:402-9 pubmed..However, NT-proBNP could be superior to BNP as a survival parameter in PH because it integrates hemodynamic impairment and renal insufficiency, which serves as a sign of increased mortality per se. ..
- Wintergerst U, Hoffmann F, Jansson A, Notheis G, Huss K, Kurowski M, et al. Antiviral efficacy, tolerability and pharmacokinetics of efavirenz in an unselected cohort of HIV-infected children. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2008;61:1336-9 pubmed publisher..Temporal non-adherence occurs frequently. TDM may allow initiation of adherence interventions before viral load becomes detectable. ..