Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Freising, Bavaria, Germany
Locale: Freising, Bavaria, Germany
- Delius J, Frank O, Hofmann T. Label-free quantitative 1H NMR spectroscopy to study low-affinity ligand-protein interactions in solution: A contribution to the mechanism of polyphenol-mediated astringency. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184487 pubmed publisher..Consequently, the NMR approach presented here proves to be a versatile tool to study the interactions between proteins and low-affinity ligands in solution and may find promising applications in the discovery of bioactives. ..
- Schemann M, Hafsi N, Michel K, Kober O, Wollmann J, Li Q, et al. The beta3-adrenoceptor agonist GW427353 (Solabegron) decreases excitability of human enteric neurons via release of somatostatin. Gastroenterology. 2010;138:266-74 pubmed publisher..beta3-AR activation may be a promising approach to reduce enteric neuron hyperexcitability. The action of GW427353 may be the neurophysiologic correlate of its beneficial effect in patients with irritable bowel syndrome. ..
- Lenz C, Hew Ferstl C, Vogel R. Sub-lethal stress effects on virulence gene expression in Enterococcus faecalis. Food Microbiol. 2010;27:317-26 pubmed publisher..faecalis from clinical as well as food origins of isolation. These results help to avoid preconditioning enterococci in food production processes and to understand the complex mechanisms in E. faecalis' switch to pathogenicity. ..
- Offman M, Nurtdinov R, Gelfand M, Frishman D. No statistical support for correlation between the positions of protein interaction sites and alternatively spliced regions. BMC Bioinformatics. 2004;5:41 pubmed..More structural data on complexes of interacting proteins, including structures of alternative isoforms, are needed to test this conjecture. ..
- Nunes T, Barreiro de Acosta M, Marin Jimenez I, Nos P, Sans M. Oral locally active steroids in inflammatory bowel disease. J Crohns Colitis. 2013;7:183-91 pubmed publisher..This review aims at evaluating the current role of these compounds in IBD clinical practice. ..
- Paul V, Meyer H, Leidl K, Soumian S, Albrecht C. A novel enzyme immunoassay specific for ABCA1 protein quantification in human tissues and cells. J Lipid Res. 2008;49:2259-67 pubmed publisher..37 +/- 0.82 vs. 17.03 +/- 4.25 microg/g tissue; P < 0.01). The novel ELISA enables the quantification of ABCA1 protein in human tissues and confirms previous semiquantitative immunoblot results. ..
- Zehn D, Utzschneider D, Thimme R. Immune-surveillance through exhausted effector T-cells. Curr Opin Virol. 2016;16:49-54 pubmed publisher..Here, we highlight examples that demonstrate that such T-cells mediate a profound form of immune-surveillance. We also briefly discuss the opportunities and limitations of employing 'exhausted' T-cells for therapeutic purposes. ..
- Zhang Y, Xu H, Frishman D. Genomic determinants of somatic copy number alterations across human cancers. Hum Mol Genet. 2016;25:1019-30 pubmed publisher..Our findings shed light on the molecular mechanisms of SCNA generation in cancer. ..
- Burdack Freitag A, Schieberle P. Characterization of the key odorants in raw Italian hazelnuts ( Corylus avellana L. var. Tonda Romana) and roasted hazelnut paste by means of molecular sensory science. J Agric Food Chem. 2012;60:5057-64 pubmed publisher..New SIDAs were developed for the quantitation of 5-methyl-4-heptanone, 5-methyl-(E)-2-hepten-4-one, 2-thenylthiol, and 3,5,5-trimethyl-2(5H)-furanone. ..
- Wu Z, Gholami A, Kuster B. Systematic identification of the HSP90 candidate regulated proteome. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2012;11:M111.016675 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our study broadly defines the cellular proteome response to HSP90 inhibition and provides a rich resource for further investigation relevant for the treatment of cancer. ..
- Wenzel U, Nickel A, Daniel H. alpha-Lipoic acid induces apoptosis in human colon cancer cells by increasing mitochondrial respiration with a concomitant O2-*-generation. Apoptosis. 2005;10:359-68 pubmed..In conclusion, our study provides evidence that ALA and DHLA can effectively induce apoptosis in human colon cancer cells by a prooxidant mechanism that is initiated by an increased uptake of oxidizable substrates into mitochondria. ..
- da Silva B, Meng C, Helm D, Pachl F, Schiller J, Ibrahim E, et al. Towards Understanding Male Infertility After Spinal Cord Injury Using Quantitative Proteomics. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2016;15:1424-34 pubmed publisher..Together, our data highlights the molecular pathways hindering fertility in SCI and shed new light on other causes of male infertility. ..
- Neumann S, Hartmann H, Martin Galiano A, Fuchs A, Frishman D. Camps 2.0: exploring the sequence and structure space of prokaryotic, eukaryotic, and viral membrane proteins. Proteins. 2012;80:839-57 pubmed publisher..We therefore estimate that ?1300 structures would need to be determined to provide a sufficient structural coverage of polytopic membrane proteins. CAMPS 2.0 is available at http://webclu.bio.wzw.tum.de/CAMPS2.0/. ..
- Kirrbach J, Krugliak M, Ried C, Pagel P, Arkin I, Langosch D. Self-interaction of transmembrane helices representing pre-clusters from the human single-span membrane proteins. Bioinformatics. 2013;29:1623-30 pubmed publisher..Supplementary data are available at Bioinformatics online. ..
- Wieland H, Hechtel N, Faigle M, Neumeister B. Efficient intracellular multiplication of Legionella pneumophila in human monocytes requires functional host cell L-type calcium channels. FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol. 2006;47:296-301 pubmed..We demonstrate that inhibition of intracellular bacterial growth by genistein is not mediated by its protein tyrosine kinase-modulating effect but by inhibition of L-type calcium channels of the infected host cell. ..
- Krueger D, Michel K, Zeller F, Demir I, Ceyhan G, Slotta Huspenina J, et al. Neural influences on human intestinal epithelium in vitro. J Physiol. 2016;594:357-72 pubmed publisher..ISC-basal was atropine-sensitive in the small intestine and PG97-269-sensitive in the large intestine. This comprehensive study reveals novel insights into region-specific nerve-mediated secretion in the human small and large intestine. ..
- Kraus B, Wolff H, Heilmann J, Elstner E. Influence of Hypericum perforatum extract and its single compounds on amyloid-beta mediated toxicity in microglial cells. Life Sci. 2007;81:884-94 pubmed..Our findings provide in vitro evidence that treatment especially with the complex plant extract HPE may restore or improve microglial viability and thereby attenuate amyloid-beta mediated toxicity in Alzheimer's disease. ..
- Flisikowska T, Merkl C, Landmann M, Eser S, Rezaei N, Cui X, et al. A porcine model of familial adenomatous polyposis. Gastroenterology. 2012;143:1173-1175.e7 pubmed publisher..This large-animal, genetic model of FAP will be useful in the development of diagnostics and therapeutics for colorectal cancer. DNA sequence data: NCBI accession number GU951771. ..
- Holzel C, Harms K, Bauer J, Bauer Unkauf I, Hörmansdorfer S, Kämpf P, et al. Diversity of antimicrobial resistance genes and class-1-integrons in phylogenetically related porcine and human Escherichia coli. Vet Microbiol. 2012;160:403-12 pubmed publisher..The study underlines that resistance gene transfer between human and porcine isolates is limited, even in phylogenetically related isolates. ..
- Gabler C, Lauer B, Einspanier A, Schams D, Einspanier R. Detection of mRNA and immunoreactive proteins for acidic and basic fibroblast growth factor and expression of the fibroblast growth factor receptors in the bovine oviduct. J Reprod Fertil. 1997;109:213-21 pubmed..In summary, the components of the FGF system were found in the bovine oviduct suggesting an autocrine or paracrine regulation involving oviduct cells and cumulus-oocyte complexes. ..
- Truthmann J, Mensink G, Richter A. Relative validation of the KiGGS Food Frequency Questionnaire among adolescents in Germany. Nutr J. 2011;10:133 pubmed publisher..Overall, the results of the relative validity were comparable to FFQs from the current literature. ..
- Gholami A, Hahne H, Wu Z, Auer F, Meng C, Wilhelm M, et al. Global proteome analysis of the NCI-60 cell line panel. Cell Rep. 2013;4:609-20 pubmed publisher..To enable community access to this unique resource, we incorporated it into a public database for comparative and integrative analysis (http://wzw.tum.de/proteomics/nci60). ..
- Scherf K, Brockow K, Biedermann T, Koehler P, Wieser H. Wheat-dependent exercise-induced anaphylaxis. Clin Exp Allergy. 2016;46:10-20 pubmed publisher..The most reliable prophylaxis of WDEIA is a gluten-free diet. In less severe cases, a strict limitation of wheat ingestion before exercise and avoidance of other cofactors may be sufficient. ..
- Schirrmacher G, Skurk T, Hauner H, Grassmann J. Effect of Spinacia oleraceae L. and Perilla frutescens L. on antioxidants and lipid peroxidation in an intervention study in healthy individuals. Plant Foods Hum Nutr. 2010;65:71-6 pubmed publisher..The high lutein content of perilla caused a more pronounced increase of lutein compared to spinach. Both vegetables seem to be able to influence lipid peroxidation in a beneficial manner...
- Smida J, Xu H, Zhang Y, Baumhoer D, Ribi S, Kovac M, et al. Genome-wide analysis of somatic copy number alterations and chromosomal breakages in osteosarcoma. Int J Cancer. 2017;141:816-828 pubmed publisher..The revealed OS-specific fragility pattern provides novel clues for understanding the biology of OS. ..
- Bernklau I, Neußer C, Moroni A, Gysler C, Spagnolello A, Chung W, et al. Structural, textural and sensory impact of sodium reduction on long fermented pizza. Food Chem. 2017;234:398-407 pubmed publisher..The use of toppings masked the effect of lowering the sodium content, allowing to increase the reduction level from 15% to 35%. A reduction of NaCl by 25% with an addition of KCl achieved high acceptance in the sensory evaluation. ..
- Fries R, Ewald D, Thaller G, Buitkamp J. Assessment of the nucleotide sequence variability in the bovine T-cell receptor alpha delta joining gene region. Anim Biotechnol. 2001;12:29-49 pubmed..Our study demonstrates that the systematic search of single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) is useful for analysing all aspects of variability of a given genomic region. ..
- Schauer K, Stolz J, Scherer S, Fuchs T. Both thiamine uptake and biosynthesis of thiamine precursors are required for intracellular replication of Listeria monocytogenes. J Bacteriol. 2009;191:2218-27 pubmed publisher..monocytogenes and possibly other facultative intracellular pathogens to enable proliferation within the cytoplasm...
- Hahne H, Kuster B. Discovery of O-GlcNAc-6-phosphate modified proteins in large-scale phosphoproteomics data. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2012;11:1063-9 pubmed..Collectively, the data suggests that O-GlcNAc-6-phosphate is a general post-translation modification of mammalian proteins with a variety of possible cellular functions. ..
- Stark T, Marxen S, Rütschle A, Lücking G, Scherer S, Ehling Schulz M, et al. Mass spectrometric profiling of Bacillus cereus strains and quantitation of the emetic toxin cereulide by means of stable isotope dilution analysis and HEp-2 bioassay. Anal Bioanal Chem. 2013;405:191-201 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the UPLC-electrospray ionization (ESI)-TOF MS and the HPLC-ESI-MS/MS-SIDA analyses seem to be promising tools for the robust high-throughput analysis of cereulide in B. cereus cultures, foods and other biological samples...
- Pausch H, Flisikowski K, Jung S, Emmerling R, Edel C, Götz K, et al. Genome-wide association study identifies two major loci affecting calving ease and growth-related traits in cattle. Genetics. 2011;187:289-97 pubmed publisher..Our study demonstrates the leverage potential of EBVs in unraveling the genetic architecture of lowly heritable traits. ..
- Skurk T, Mack I, Kempf K, Kolb H, Hauner H, Herder C. Expression and secretion of RANTES (CCL5) in human adipocytes in response to immunological stimuli and hypoxia. Horm Metab Res. 2009;41:183-9 pubmed publisher..LPS and IFNgamma do not seem to play a significant role for the expression of RANTES in contrast to moderate hypoxia, which points to a distinct role in the innate immune system. ..
- Wilhelm M, Schlegl J, Hahne H, Gholami A, Lieberenz M, Savitski M, et al. Mass-spectrometry-based draft of the human proteome. Nature. 2014;509:582-7 pubmed publisher..ProteomicsDB thus enables navigation of proteomes, provides biological insight and fosters the development of proteomic technology. ..
- Hinz L, Ahles A, Ruprecht B, Kuster B, Engelhardt S. Two serines in the distal C-terminus of the human ß1-adrenoceptor determine ß-arrestin2 recruitment. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0176450 pubmed publisher..Our data reveal the phosphorylation pattern of the human ADRB1 and the site that mediates recruitment of ?-arrestin2. ..
- Michel K, Michaelis M, Mazzuoli G, Mueller K, Vanden Berghe P, Schemann M. Fast calcium and voltage-sensitive dye imaging in enteric neurones reveal calcium peaks associated with single action potential discharge. J Physiol. 2011;589:5941-7 pubmed publisher..Fast [Ca(2+)](i) imaging can be used to directly record single action potentials in enteric neurones. [Ca(2+)](i) peaks required opening of voltage-gated sodium and calcium channels as well as Ca(2+) release from intracellular stores...
- Schulze M, Weikert C, Pischon T, Bergmann M, Al Hasani H, Schleicher E, et al. Use of multiple metabolic and genetic markers to improve the prediction of type 2 diabetes: the EPIC-Potsdam Study. Diabetes Care. 2009;32:2116-9 pubmed publisher..002). Twenty SNPs did not improve discrimination beyond these characteristics (P = 0.69). Metabolic markers, but not genotyping for 20 diabetogenic SNPs, improve discrimination of incident type 2 diabetes beyond lifestyle risk factors. ..
- Hahne H, Neubert P, Kuhn K, Etienne C, Bomgarden R, Rogers J, et al. Carbonyl-reactive tandem mass tags for the proteome-wide quantification of N-linked glycans. Anal Chem. 2012;84:3716-24 pubmed publisher..The data revealed significant down-regulation of high-mannose glycans in the metastatic cell line. ..
- Benner J, Daniel H, Spanier B. A glutathione peroxidase, intracellular peptidases and the TOR complexes regulate peptide transporter PEPT-1 in C. elegans. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e25624 pubmed publisher..elegans supports evidence that intracellular peptide hydrolysis and amino acid concentration are a part of a sensing system that controls PEPT-1 expression and function and that involves the TOR complexes TORC1 and TORC2. ..
- Lindenstrauss A, Pavlovic M, Bringmann A, Behr J, Ehrmann M, Vogel R. Comparison of genotypic and phenotypic cluster analyses of virulence determinants and possible role of CRISPR elements towards their incidence in Enterococcus faecalis and Enterococcus faecium. Syst Appl Microbiol. 2011;34:553-60 pubmed publisher..Thus, absence of the cytolysin operon, cob and as in a cas positive environment suggests itself as promising candidate for E. faecalis evaluation towards their occurrence in food fermentation or use as probiotics. ..
- Lemeer S, Bluwstein A, Wu Z, Leberfinger J, Muller K, Kramer K, et al. Phosphotyrosine mediated protein interactions of the discoidin domain receptor 1. J Proteomics. 2012;75:3465-77 pubmed publisher..This article is part of a Special Section entitled: Understanding genome regulation and genetic diversity by mass spectrometry. ..
- Fuchs T, Brandt K, Starke M, Rattei T. Shotgun sequencing of Yersinia enterocolitica strain W22703 (biotype 2, serotype O:9): genomic evidence for oscillation between invertebrates and mammals. BMC Genomics. 2011;12:168 pubmed publisher..enterocolitica pan-genome. This study also sheds further light on the strategies of this pathogen to cope with its environments. ..
- Schwaiger K, Helmke K, Holzel C, Bauer J. Comparative analysis of the bacterial flora of vegetables collected directly from farms and from supermarkets in Germany. Int J Environ Health Res. 2011;21:161-72 pubmed publisher..Almost all of the detected microorganisms are reported to be opportunistic pathogens, if only in rare cases. Therefore, fresh produce should be washed or peeled before it is eaten raw. ..
- Brina D, Miluzio A, Ricciardi S, Clarke K, Davidsen P, Viero G, et al. eIF6 coordinates insulin sensitivity and lipid metabolism by coupling translation to transcription. Nat Commun. 2015;6:8261 pubmed publisher..Since obesity, type 2 diabetes, and cancer require a Fasn-driven lipogenic state, we propose that eIF6 could be a therapeutic target for these diseases. ..
- Zander H, Hettich E, Greiff K, Chatwell L, Skerra A. Biochemical characterization of the recombinant human Nogo-A ectodomain. FEBS J. 2007;274:2603-13 pubmed
- Hauder J, Winkler S, Bub A, Rüfer C, Pignitter M, Somoza V. LC-MS/MS quantification of sulforaphane and indole-3-carbinol metabolites in human plasma and urine after dietary intake of selenium-fortified broccoli. J Agric Food Chem. 2011;59:8047-57 pubmed publisher..001), but affected neither glucosinolate concentrations in broccoli nor their metabolite concentrations in plasma and urine compared to regular broccoli. ..
- Michel K, Zeller F, Langer R, Nekarda H, Kruger D, Dover T, et al. Serotonin excites neurons in the human submucous plexus via 5-HT3 receptors. Gastroenterology. 2005;128:1317-26 pubmed..We show that 5-HT excited human enteric neurons via 5-HT3 receptors, which may comprise both 5-HT3A and 5-HT3B receptor subunits. ..
- Enzenbach C, Kröger J, Zietemann V, Jansen E, Fritsche A, Döring F, et al. Erythrocyte membrane phospholipid polyunsaturated fatty acids are related to plasma C-reactive protein and adiponectin in middle-aged German women and men. Eur J Nutr. 2011;50:625-36 pubmed publisher..They do not indicate that PUFA strongly interact with the PPARG2 Pro12Ala variant on these risk markers. ..
- Zietemann V, Kröger J, Enzenbach C, Jansen E, Fritsche A, Weikert C, et al. Genetic variation of the FADS1 FADS2 gene cluster and n-6 PUFA composition in erythrocyte membranes in the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition-Potsdam study. Br J Nutr. 2010;104:1748-59 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, genetic variation in the FADS1 FADS2 gene cluster affects n-6 PUFA profiles in erythrocytes reflecting altered D5D activity. ..
- Schauer K, Geginat G, Liang C, Goebel W, Dandekar T, Fuchs T. Deciphering the intracellular metabolism of Listeria monocytogenes by mutant screening and modelling. BMC Genomics. 2010;11:573 pubmed publisher..While the virulence factors essentially contributing to this step of the infection cycle are well characterized, the set of listerial genes contributing to intracellular replication remains to be defined on a genome-wide level...
- Geillinger K, Kipp A, Schink K, Röder P, Spanier B, Daniel H. Nrf2 regulates the expression of the peptide transporter PEPT1 in the human colon carcinoma cell line Caco-2. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014;1840:1747-54 pubmed publisher..This study identifies Pept1 as an inducible target gene of the Nrf2 pathway. ..
- Rosendahl J, Landt O, Bernadova J, Kovacs P, Teich N, Bodeker H, et al. CFTR, SPINK1, CTRC and PRSS1 variants in chronic pancreatitis: is the role of mutated CFTR overestimated?. Gut. 2013;62:582-92 pubmed publisher..In summary, the study demonstrates the complexity of genetic interactions in CP and a minor influence of CFTR alterations in CP development. ..
- Babusyte A, Kotthoff M, Fiedler J, Krautwurst D. Biogenic amines activate blood leukocytes via trace amine-associated receptors TAAR1 and TAAR2. J Leukoc Biol. 2013;93:387-94 pubmed publisher..In summary, our results demonstrate that biogenic amines potently regulate blood cell functions via TAAR1 and TAAR2 and open the perspective of their specific pharmacological modulation. ..
- Dommel M, Frenzel E, Strasser B, Blöchinger C, Scherer S, Ehling Schulz M. Identification of the main promoter directing cereulide biosynthesis in emetic Bacillus cereus and its application for real-time monitoring of ces gene expression in foods. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2010;76:1232-40 pubmed publisher..The amount of cereulide toxin extracted from spiked foods correlated well with the bioluminescence data, thus illustrating the potential of the established reporter system for monitoring of ces gene expression in complex matrices. ..
- Buhner S, Li Q, Vignali S, Barbara G, De Giorgio R, Stanghellini V, et al. Activation of human enteric neurons by supernatants of colonic biopsy specimens from patients with irritable bowel syndrome. Gastroenterology. 2009;137:1425-34 pubmed publisher..The activation required histamine, serotonin and proteases but was not associated with IBS subtype. Altered signaling between mucosa and the enteric nervous system might be involved in IBS pathogenesis. ..
- Müller J, Pfaffl M. Synergetic downregulation of 67 kDa laminin receptor by the green tea (Camellia sinensis) secondary plant compound epigallocatechin gallate: a new gateway in metastasis prevention?. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2012;12:258 pubmed publisher..Our findings may help to provide insights into the many unsolved health-promoting activities of other natural pharmaceuticals. ..
- Asam S, Habler K, Rychlik M. Determination of tenuazonic acid in human urine by means of a stable isotope dilution assay. Anal Bioanal Chem. 2013;405:4149-58 pubmed publisher..After 24 h, 87-93 % of the ingested amount of tenuazonic acid was excreted, but the fate of the remaining about 10 % is open. Thus, it is not possible to exclude potential health hazards for the consumer, completely. ..
- Ruprecht B, Zaal E, Zecha J, Wu W, Berkers C, Kuster B, et al. Lapatinib Resistance in Breast Cancer Cells Is Accompanied by Phosphorylation-Mediated Reprogramming of Glycolysis. Cancer Res. 2017;77:1842-1853 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our multi-omic analysis offers deeper perspectives on cancer drug resistance and suggests new biomarkers and treatment options for lapatinib-resistant cancers. Cancer Res; 77(8); 1842-53. Â©2017 AACR. ..
- Meyer S, Kaiser S, Wagner C, Thirion C, Pfaffl M. Profound effect of profiling platform and normalization strategy on detection of differentially expressed microRNAs--a comparative study. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e38946 pubmed publisher..Results showed the successful adoption of loessM and generalized procrustes analysis to one-color miRNA profiling experiments. ..
- Franz R. Migration modelling from food-contact plastics into foodstuffs as a new tool for consumer exposure estimation. Food Addit Contam. 2005;22:920-37 pubmed..The paper introduces the project and presents an overview of the project work progress. ..
- Albrecht C, Viturro E. The ABCA subfamily--gene and protein structures, functions and associated hereditary diseases. Pflugers Arch. 2007;453:581-9 pubmed..The objective of this review is to summarize the literature for this subfamily of ABC transporter proteins, excluding ABCA1 and ABCA4, which will be discussed in other chapters of this issue...
- Mertl M, Daniel H, Kottra G. Substrate-induced changes in the density of peptide transporter PEPT1 expressed in Xenopus oocytes. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2008;295:C1332-43 pubmed publisher..Coexpression experiments with human Na(+)-glucose transporter 1 (hSGLT1) revealed that substrate exposure selectively affected PEPT1 but not the activity of hSGLT1...
- Pausch H, Kölle S, Wurmser C, Schwarzenbacher H, Emmerling R, Jansen S, et al. A nonsense mutation in TMEM95 encoding a nondescript transmembrane protein causes idiopathic male subfertility in cattle. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1004044 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that deficiency of TMEM95 severely compromises male reproductive performance in cattle and reveal for the first time a phenotypic effect associated with genomic variation in TMEM95. ..