Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Erlangen, Bavaria, Germany
Locale: Erlangen, Bavaria, Germany
Publications723 found, 100 shown here
- Ehrlich K, Götz A, Bollinger S, Tschammer N, Bettinetti L, Härterich S, et al. Dopamine D2, D3, and D4 selective phenylpiperazines as molecular probes to explore the origins of subtype specific receptor binding. J Med Chem. 2009;52:4923-35 pubmed publisher..Obviously, subtype selectivity is caused by nonconserved but frequently mediated by conserved amino acids. ..
- Danke C, Grünz X, Wittmann J, Schmidt A, Agha Mohammadi S, Kutsch O, et al. Adjusting transgene expression levels in lymphocytes with a set of inducible promoters. J Gene Med. 2010;12:501-15 pubmed publisher..The different expression profiles of the promoters increase the flexibility to adjust transgene expression levels. The promoters provide an additional option to optimize system performance for many applications. ..
- Schlötzer Schrehardt U, Bachmann B, Laaser K, Cursiefen C, Kruse F. Characterization of the cleavage plane in DESCemet's membrane endothelial keratoplasty. Ophthalmology. 2011;118:1950-7 pubmed publisher..To define the cleavage plane between Descemet's membrane (DM) and posterior corneal stroma in Descemet's membrane endothelial keratoplasty (DMEK) concerning its ultrastructural and immunohistochemical characteristics...
- Mate S, Bürkle T, Köpcke F, Breil B, Wullich B, Dugas M, et al. Populating the i2b2 database with heterogeneous EMR data: a semantic network approach. Stud Health Technol Inform. 2011;169:502-6 pubmed..By using Semantic Web standards, it is the authors' goal to reuse the laboriously compiled "mapping knowledge" in future projects, such as a comprehensive cancer ontology or even a hospital-wide clinical ontology. ..
- Bräuer L, Schicht M, Stengl C, Heinemann F, Gotz W, Scholz M, et al. Detection of surfactant proteins A, B, C, and D in human gingiva and saliva. Biomed Tech (Berl). 2012;57:59-64 pubmed publisher..Surfactant proteins (SPs), originally known from pulmonary tissue, are important players of the immune system and, beyond this, support the stability and rheology of gas or fluid interphases...
- Gaur S, Ã˜vrehus K, Dey D, Leipsic J, BÃ¸tker H, Jensen J, et al. Coronary plaque quantification and fractional flow reserve by coronary computed tomography angiography identify ischaemia-causing lesions. Eur Heart J. 2016;37:1220-7 pubmed publisher..80, respectively. Stenosis severity, plaque characteristics, and FFRCT predict lesion-specific ischaemia. Plaque assessment and FFRCT provide improved discrimination of ischaemia compared with stenosis assessment alone. ..
- Tawamie H, Martianov I, Wohlfahrt N, Buchert R, Mengus G, Uebe S, et al. Hypomorphic Pathogenic Variants in TAF13 Are Associated with Autosomal-Recessive Intellectual Disability and Microcephaly. Am J Hum Genet. 2017;100:555-561 pubmed publisher..Here, we expand the spectrum of TAF-associated phenotypes and highlight the importance of TAF13 in neuronal functions. ..
- Blum H, Rollinghoff M, Gessner A. Expression and co-cytokine function of murine thioredoxin/adult T cell leukaemia-derived factor (ADF). Cytokine. 1996;8:6-13 pubmed..Murine ADF therefore represents a protein constitutively expressed in a wide variety of cells with the capacity to enhance the proliferative effect of several cytokines on murine T cells. ..
- Heckmann S, Heckmann J, Linke J, Hohenberger W, Mombelli A. Implant therapy following liver transplantation: clinical and microbiological results after 10 years. J Periodontol. 2004;75:909-13 pubmed..The antibiogram revealed multiple resistance to antibiotics. This case report suggests that immunocompromised patients can be successfully rehabilitated with dental implants. ..
- Viestenz A, Kuchle M. [Blunt ocular trauma. Part I: blunt anterior segment trauma]. Ophthalmologe. 2004;101:1239-57; quiz 1257-8 pubmed..Patients with blunt eye trauma should be under steady observation by an ophthalmologist to handle late complications. ..
- Budde A, Schneiderhan Marra N, Petersen G, Brüne B. Retinoblastoma susceptibility gene product pRB activates hypoxia-inducible factor-1 (HIF-1). Oncogene. 2005;24:1802-8 pubmed..Additionally, a functional interaction between pRB and HIF-1alpha is confirmed by showing that HIF-1alpha reverses the transcription repressor function of pRB. ..
- Seifert F, Maihofner C. Representation of cold allodynia in the human brain--a functional MRI study. Neuroimage. 2007;35:1168-80 pubmed
- von Stengel S, Kemmler W, Kalender W, Engelke K, Lauber D. Differential effects of strength versus power training on bone mineral density in postmenopausal women: a 2-year longitudinal study. Br J Sports Med. 2007;41:649-55; discussion 655 pubmed..The results show that PT may be superior for maintaining BMD in postmenopausal women. Furthermore, PT was safe as it did not lead to increased injury or pain. ..
- Sass G, Leukel P, Schmitz V, Raskopf E, Ocker M, Neureiter D, et al. Inhibition of heme oxygenase 1 expression by small interfering RNA decreases orthotopic tumor growth in livers of mice. Int J Cancer. 2008;123:1269-77 pubmed publisher..Livers and kidneys of treated animals did not reveal signs of damage by this treatment. In conclusion, a specific knockdown of HO-1 might represent a novel therapeutic approach in HCC therapy. ..
- Beyer C, Pisetsky D. The role of microparticles in the pathogenesis of rheumatic diseases. Nat Rev Rheumatol. 2010;6:21-9 pubmed publisher..Future research will define further the pathogenetic role of MPs and explore therapeutic strategies to block their release or signaling properties...
- Seuss F, Seuss S, Turhan M, Fabry B, Virtanen S. Corrosion of Mg alloy AZ91D in the presence of living cells. J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater. 2011;99:276-81 pubmed publisher..In consequence, a slower pH increase in the medium takes place when the alloy surface is covered with cells. Electrochemical impedance spectroscopy measurements (EIS) verify that a cell layer slows down the corrosion process. ..
- Müller F, Fromm M. Transporter-mediated drug-drug interactions. Pharmacogenomics. 2011;12:1017-37 pubmed publisher..Genotype-dependent drug-drug interactions are also discussed. ..
- Schrauder M, Strick R, Schulz Wendtland R, Strissel P, Kahmann L, Loehberg C, et al. Circulating micro-RNAs as potential blood-based markers for early stage breast cancer detection. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e29770 pubmed publisher..MiRNA profiling in whole blood has potential as a novel method for early stage breast cancer detection, but there are still challenges that need to be addressed to establish these new biomarkers in clinical use. ..
- Böhm C, Derer A, Axmann R, Hillienhoff U, Zaiss M, Luther J, et al. RSK2 protects mice against TNF-induced bone loss. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:2160-71 pubmed publisher..Thus, RSK2 exerts a strong negative regulatory loop on TNF-induced bone loss. ..
- Gingras M, Covington K, Chang D, Donehower L, Gill A, Ittmann M, et al. Ampullary Cancers Harbor ELF3 Tumor Suppressor Gene Mutations and Exhibit Frequent WNT Dysregulation. Cell Rep. 2016;14:907-919 pubmed publisher..The high frequency of WNT pathway activating mutation, coupled with small-molecule inhibitors of Î²-catenin in clinical trials, suggests future treatment decisions for these patients may be guided by genomic analysis. ..
- Freier C, Stiasny A, Kuhn C, Mayr D, Alexiou C, Janko C, et al. Immunohistochemical Evaluation of the Role of p53 Mutation in Cervical Cancer: Ser-20 p53-Mutant Correlates with Better Prognosis. Anticancer Res. 2016;36:3131-7 pubmed..An unexpected finding is the correlation of this mutation with better survival, possibly due to better response to therapy. ..
- Rothe T, Ipseiz N, Faas M, Lang S, Perez Branguli F, Metzger D, et al. The Nuclear Receptor Nr4a1 Acts as a Microglia Rheostat and Serves as a Therapeutic Target in Autoimmune-Driven Central Nervous System Inflammation. J Immunol. 2017;198:3878-3885 pubmed publisher..Our current data thus identify Nr4a1 as regulator of microglia activation and potentially new target for the treatment of inflammatory CNS diseases such as multiple sclerosis. ..
- Walden U, Weissörtel R, Corria Z, Yu D, Weinstein L, Kruse K, et al. Stimulatory guanine nucleotide binding protein subunit 1 mutation in two siblings with pseudohypoparathyroidism type 1a and mother with pseudopseudohypoparathyroidism. Eur J Pediatr. 1999;158:200-3 pubmed..4 years. Regular check-ups of siblings in families with index cases are therefore important. Molecular genetic analyses or biochemical screening for stimulatory guanine nucleotide binding protein defects should be performed...
- Pfander D, Swoboda B, Kirsch T. Expression of early and late differentiation markers (proliferating cell nuclear antigen, syndecan-3, annexin VI, and alkaline phosphatase) by human osteoarthritic chondrocytes. Am J Pathol. 2001;159:1777-83 pubmed..These results suggest that the expression of early (proliferating cell nuclear antigen, syndecan-3) and late differentiation markers (annexin VI, alkaline phosphatase) is activated in chondrocytes of osteoarthritic cartilage. ..
- Jonas J, Rank R, Budde W. Immunologic graft reactions after allogenic penetrating keratoplasty. Am J Ophthalmol. 2002;133:437-43 pubmed..With intensive corticosteroid treatment, graft transparency can be regained in the majority of patients after an immunologic graft reaction when detected early. ..
- Harsch I, Schahin S, Fuchs F, Hahn E, Lohmann T, Konturek P, et al. Insulin resistance, hyperleptinemia, and obstructive sleep apnea in Launois-Bensaude syndrome. Obes Res. 2002;10:625-32 pubmed..We were interested in studying whether these conditions are also present in patients with obesity due to LBS with a similar frequency as in patients with "simple" truncal obesity...
- Mohapatra D, Wang S, Wang G, Nau C. A tyrosine residue in TM6 of the Vanilloid Receptor TRPV1 involved in desensitization and calcium permeability of capsaicin-activated currents. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2003;23:314-24 pubmed..We propose that residue Y671 is critical for the high relative Ca(2+) permeability of TRPV1 and participates in the structural rearrangements of the channel protein leading to Ca(2+)-dependent desensitization. ..
- Witte V, Laffert B, Rosorius O, Lischka P, Blume K, Galler G, et al. HIV-1 Nef mimics an integrin receptor signal that recruits the polycomb group protein Eed to the plasma membrane. Mol Cell. 2004;13:179-90 pubmed..Our results suggest a link between membrane-associated activation processes and transcriptional derepression and demonstrate how HIV exploits this mechanism...
- Käfferlein H, Mraz J, Ferstl C, Angerer J. Analysis of metabolites of N,N-dimethylformamide in urine samples. Int Arch Occup Environ Health. 2004;77:427-32 pubmed..To assess the suitability of different methods for biological monitoring of internal dose to N,N-dimethylformamide (DMF) in occupational settings...
- Nguyen N, Kuchle M, Naumann G. Quantification of blood-aqueous barrier breakdown after phacoemulsification in Fuchs' heterochromic uveitis. Ophthalmologica. 2005;219:21-5 pubmed..To quantify the breakdown of the blood-aqueous barrier (BAB) following phacoemulsification with posterior chamber lens implantation in eyes with Fuchs' heterochromic uveitis (FHU)...
- Mohapatra D, Nau C. Regulation of Ca2+-dependent desensitization in the vanilloid receptor TRPV1 by calcineurin and cAMP-dependent protein kinase. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:13424-32 pubmed..We conclude that Ca2+-dependent desensitization of TRPV1 might be in part regulated through channel dephosphorylation by calcineurin and channel phosphorylation by PKA possibly involving Thr370 as a key amino acid residue. ..
- Brueckl W, Ballhausen W, Förtsch T, Günther K, Fiedler W, Gentner B, et al. Genetic testing for germline mutations of the APC gene in patients with apparently sporadic desmoid tumors but a family history of colorectal carcinoma. Dis Colon Rectum. 2005;48:1275-81 pubmed
- Ernst Stecken A, Lambrecht U, Ganslandt O, Mueller R, Fahlbusch R, Sauer R, et al. Radiosurgery of small skull-base lesions. No advantage for intensity-modulated stereotactic radiosurgery versus conformal arc technique. Strahlenther Onkol. 2005;181:336-44 pubmed..Thus, IMSRT techniques are recommended for fractionated stereotactic radiotherapy to larger volumes rather than for radiosurgery in small skull-base lesions. ..
- Gradhand U, Lang T, Schaeffeler E, Glaeser H, Tegude H, Klein K, et al. Variability in human hepatic MRP4 expression: influence of cholestasis and genotype. Pharmacogenomics J. 2008;8:42-52 pubmed..u., P<0.001). Taken together, human hepatic MRP4 expression is highly variable. Genetic variations were not sufficient to explain this variability. In contrast, cholestasis is one major determinant of human hepatic MRP4 expression. ..
- Birkholz K, Hofmann C, Hoyer S, Schulz B, Harrer T, Kämpgen E, et al. A fast and robust method to clone and functionally validate T-cell receptors. J Immunol Methods. 2009;346:45-54 pubmed publisher..Together these two protocols represent a rapid and low-cost tool for the identification and functional testing of TCRs of T-cell clones, which can then be applied in immunotherapy or immunological research. ..
- Benz K, Büttner M, Dittrich K, Campean V, Dotsch J, Amann K. Characterisation of renal immune cell infiltrates in children with nephrotic syndrome. Pediatr Nephrol. 2010;25:1291-8 pubmed publisher..However, patients with no interstitial or glomerular B cells could also benefit from rituximab treatment. ..
- Mayr S, Burkhardt K, Schuster M, Rogler K, Maier A, Iro H. The use of automatic speech recognition showing the influence of nasality on speech intelligibility. Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol. 2010;267:1719-25 pubmed publisher..The results show that ASR is capable of quantifying the influence of hyponasality on speech; nasal obstruction leads to significantly reduced WR and nasal peak flow cannot replace evaluation of nasality...
- Kiphuth I, Schellinger P, Kohrmann M, Bardutzky J, Lücking H, Kloska S, et al. Predictors for good functional outcome after neurocritical care. Crit Care. 2010;14:R136 pubmed publisher..The diagnoses of hemorrhagic stroke and cerebral neoplasm leading to neurocritical care predispose for functional dependence or death, whereas patients with GBS and MG are more likely to recover after neurocritical care. ..
- Ott C, Haetinger S, Schneider M, Pauschinger M, Schmieder R. Comparison of two noninvasive devices for measurement of central systolic blood pressure with invasive measurement during cardiac catheterization. J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich). 2012;14:575-9 pubmed publisher..961, P<.001). cSBP differed by only 0.1 ± 6 mm Hg (P=.913) between the two noninvasive devices. Therefore, both noninvasive devices showed an accurate agreement in cSBP compared with invasively measured cSBP. ..
- Tudor C, Distel L, Eckhardt J, Hartmann A, Niedobitek G, Buettner M. B cells in classical Hodgkin lymphoma are important actors rather than bystanders in the local immune reaction. Hum Pathol. 2013;44:2475-86 pubmed publisher..This indicates that the network of B cells in tumors is probably just as diverse as the T cellular infiltrate and probably functionally as heterogenous. ..
- Traber J, Wurche L, Dieringer M, Utz W, von Knobelsdorff Brenkenhoff F, Greiser A, et al. Real-time phase contrast magnetic resonance imaging for assessment of haemodynamics: from phantom to patients. Eur Radiol. 2016;26:986-96 pubmed publisher..A real-time technique, which allows application in arrhythmia, was validated. â€¢ This real-time technique might become a valuable tool in arrhythmic patients. ..
- Hilz M, Liu M, Koehn J, Wang R, Ammon F, Flanagan S, et al. Valsalva maneuver unveils central baroreflex dysfunction with altered blood pressure control in persons with a history of mild traumatic brain injury. BMC Neurol. 2016;16:61 pubmed publisher..More severe autonomic challenge might trigger more prominent cardiovascular dysregulation and thus contribute to increased mortality risk in post-mTBI-patients. ..
- Werner D, Simon D, Englbrecht M, Stemmler F, Simon C, Berlin A, et al. Early Changes of the Cortical Micro-Channel System in the Bare Area of the Joints of Patients With Rheumatoid Arthritis. Arthritis Rheumatol. 2017;69:1580-1587 pubmed publisher..CoMiCs therefore represent an interesting new opportunity to assess structural changes in RA. ..
- Uslu U, Schliep S, Schliep K, Erdmann M, Koch H, Parsch H, et al. Comparison of the Serum Tumor Markers S100 and Melanoma-inhibitory Activity (MIA) in the Monitoring of Patients with Metastatic Melanoma Receiving Vaccination Immunotherapy with Dendritic Cells. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:5033-5037 pubmed..In the current study, MIA had a slightly superior sensitivity to detect progressive disease compared to S100 and seems to be more useful in monitoring of patients with metastatic melanoma receiving immunotherapy. ..
- Wilke N, Landsleitner B. [Monitoring of an acute compartment syndrome of unusual etiology using MRI (magnetic resonance tomography) and MRS (magnetic resonance spectroscopy)]. Handchir Mikrochir Plast Chir. 1990;22:255-60 pubmed..The results correlate with the clinical and histological findings and indicate a bioenergetic regeneration of the ischemic skeletal muscle's cells...
- Burkhardt H, Koller T, Engström Å, Nandakumar K, Turnay J, Kraetsch H, et al. Epitope-specific recognition of type II collagen by rheumatoid arthritis antibodies is shared with recognition by antibodies that are arthritogenic in collagen-induced arthritis in the mouse. Arthritis Rheum. 2002;46:2339-48 pubmed..In RA, in contrast to degenerative joint disease, RP, and SLE, autoantibody responses are directed to an evolutionary conserved CII structure that is also targeted by pathogenic autoimmune responses in murine models of arthritis. ..
- Carbon R, Baar S, Kriegelstein S, Huemmer H, Baar K, Simon S. Evaluating the in vitro adhesive strength of biomaterials. Biosimulator for selective leak closure. Biomaterials. 2003;24:1469-75 pubmed..The biosimulator, presented here, is flexible in terms of its application for tissue management and it enables reproducible, economic and ecological evaluation of repair systems, e.g. tissue sealings. ..
- Berens C, Lochner S, Löber S, Usai I, Schmidt A, Drueppel L, et al. Subtype selective tetracycline agonists and their application for a two-stage regulatory system. Chembiochem. 2006;7:1320-4 pubmed
- de Zwaan M, Müller A. [Doctor shopping: the difficult-to-manage patient]. Wien Med Wochenschr. 2006;156:431-4 pubmed..In many patients, psychotherapy should be recommended, although motivational work should already be initiated at the primary care stage. ..
- Melichar V, Guth S, Hellebrand H, Meindl A, von der Hardt K, Kraus C, et al. A male infant with a 9.6 Mb terminal Xp deletion including the OA1 locus: Limit of viability of Xp deletions in males. Am J Med Genet A. 2007;143A:135-41 pubmed..2 at about 10-11 Mb from the telomere, this patient falls into the category of the most severe male terminal Xp deletion phenotype...
- Bachmakov I, Glaeser H, Fromm M, Konig J. Interaction of oral antidiabetic drugs with hepatic uptake transporters: focus on organic anion transporting polypeptides and organic cation transporter 1. Diabetes. 2008;57:1463-9 pubmed publisher..2-30.4 micromol/l). These in vitro results demonstrate that alterations of uptake transporter function by oral antidiabetic drugs have to be considered as potential mechanisms underlying drug-drug interactions. ..
- Mittelmaier S, Fünfrocken M, Fenn D, Berlich R, Pischetsrieder M. Quantification of the six major ?-dicarbonyl contaminants in peritoneal dialysis fluids by UHPLC/DAD/MSMS. Anal Bioanal Chem. 2011;401:1183-93 pubmed publisher..The method was then applied for the analysis of commercial peritoneal dialysis fluids (nine different product types, samples from three lots of each). ..
- Ronneberger M, Schett G. Pathophysiology of spondyloarthritis. Curr Rheumatol Rep. 2011;13:416-20 pubmed publisher..It also addresses the nature of inflammation in SpA and the mechanisms of ankylosis. ..
- Surmann Schmitt C, Sasaki T, Hattori T, Eitzinger N, Schett G, von der Mark K, et al. The Wnt antagonist Wif-1 interacts with CTGF and inhibits CTGF activity. J Cell Physiol. 2012;227:2207-16 pubmed publisher..Conversely, CTGF does not interfere with Wif-1-dependent inhibition of Wnt signalling. These results indicate that Wif-1 may be a multifunctional modulator of signalling pathways in the cartilage compartment. ..
- Eckert E, Leng G, Gries W, Göen T. A method for the simultaneous determination of mercapturic acids as biomarkers of exposure to 2-chloroprene and epichlorohydrin in human urine. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2012;889-890:69-76 pubmed publisher..8%. Due to the good accuracy and precision and the low limits of detection the developed method is well suited for application in biomonitoring studies in order to determine occupational exposure to 2-chloroprene and epichlorohydrin. ..
- Stuart P, Huffmeier U, Nair R, Palla R, Tejasvi T, Schalkwijk J, et al. Association of ?-defensin copy number and psoriasis in three cohorts of European origin. J Invest Dermatol. 2012;132:2407-2413 pubmed publisher..6 × 10(-3)/2 × 10(-4)) with an effect size (OR=1.081) much lower than found in the discovery study (OR=1.32). This reduced effect size and significance on replication is consistent with a genuine but weak association. ..
- Ritt M, Harazny J, Ott C, Raff U, Bauernschubert P, Lehmann M, et al. Impaired increase of retinal capillary blood flow to flicker light exposure in arterial hypertension. Hypertension. 2012;60:871-6 pubmed publisher..607). The increase of RCF to flicker light exposure is impaired in arterial hypertension. In the subgroup of the total study cohort, nitric oxide was not a major determinant of the increase of RCF to flicker light exposure. ..
- Wöhner M, Born S, Nitschke L. Human CD22 cannot fully substitute murine CD22 functions in vivo, as shown in a new knockin mouse model. Eur J Immunol. 2012;42:3009-18 pubmed publisher..Huki CD22 mice are a valuable new model for both antibody- and immunotoxin-mediated targeting of human CD22. ..
- Uderhardt S, Kronke G. 12/15-lipoxygenase during the regulation of inflammation, immunity, and self-tolerance. J Mol Med (Berl). 2012;90:1247-56 pubmed publisher..This review will summarize our current knowledge about the role of 12/15-LO and will try to examine the two faces of this enzyme within the context of inflammation and immunity. ..
- Kobow K, Blumcke I. The emerging role of DNA methylation in epileptogenesis. Epilepsia. 2012;53 Suppl 9:11-20 pubmed publisher..Herein, we discuss the emerging role of DNA methylation in epileptogenesis and the perspectives arising from epigenetic medicine as new therapeutic strategy in difficult-to-treat epilepsies. ..
- Dietz J, Kaercher T, Schneider A, Zimmermann T, Huttner K, Johnson R, et al. Early respiratory and ocular involvement in X-linked hypohidrotic ectodermal dysplasia. Eur J Pediatr. 2013;172:1023-31 pubmed publisher..The presence of residual sweat ducts, suggestive of partial ectodysplasin gene expression, correlated with milder disease in two XLHED subjects with mutations affecting the collagen-like domain of ectodysplasin...
- Sonntag E, Milbradt J, Svrlanska A, Strojan H, Häge S, Kraut A, et al. Protein kinases responsible for the phosphorylation of the nuclear egress core complex of human cytomegalovirus. J Gen Virol. 2017;98:2569-2581 pubmed publisher..In summary, our findings provide the first evidence that the HCMV core NEC is phosphorylated by cellular kinases, and that the complex pattern of NEC phosphorylation has functional relevance. ..
- Soehnlein O, Eskafi S, Schmeisser A, Kloos H, Daniel W, Garlichs C. Atorvastatin induces tissue transglutaminase in human endothelial cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;322:105-9 pubmed..By inducing the expression of tTgase, statins may promote tTgase-mediated stabilisation of the basement membrane. This effect of atorvastatin may contribute to the beneficial role of statins on endothelial function. ..
- Schulze Koops H. [Recommendations of the German Society of Rheumatology on therapy of pulmonary hypertension in patients with autoimmune diseases]. Z Rheumatol. 2005;64:93-5 pubmed
- Holzwarth U, Thomas P, Kachler W, Goske J, Schuh A. [Metallurgical differentiation of cobalt-chromium alloys for implants]. Orthopade. 2005;34:1046-7, 1049-51 pubmed..The aim of the current work was to compare the different Cobalt Chromium alloys according to ASTM F or ISO standards in respect to the different alloying elements...
- Heckmann J, Maihofner C, Lanz S, Rauch C, Neundörfer B. Transient tetraplegia after cervical facet joint injection for chronic neck pain administered without imaging guidance. Clin Neurol Neurosurg. 2006;108:709-11 pubmed..It should be considered by any clinician performing "blind" zygapophysial joint injections in the cervical spine. Using imaging guidance should help prevent this type of complication. ..
- Heusinger K, Löhberg C, Lux M, Papadopoulos T, Imhoff K, Schulz Wendtland R, et al. Assessment of breast cancer tumor size depends on method, histopathology and tumor size itself*. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2005;94:17-23 pubmed..Concerning treatment decisions, we propose a combination of all three modalities, as the best predictive value was seen for the complementary use of mammography, ultrasound and clinical examination. ..
- Feyrer R, Weyand M, Kunzmann U. Resource management in cardiovascular engineering: is outsourcing the solution?. Perfusion. 2005;20:289-94 pubmed
- Greiner M, Greiner A, Hirschfelder U. Variance of landmarks in digital evaluations: comparison between CT-based and conventional digital lateral cephalometric radiographs. J Orofac Orthop. 2007;68:290-8 pubmed..The aim of this study was to examine whether bony, dental and soft tissue landmarks could be placed in CT-based lateral cephalograms with the same precision as in conventional digital lateral cephalograms...
- Hoser M, Potzner M, Koch J, Bösl M, Wegner M, Sock E. Sox12 deletion in the mouse reveals nonreciprocal redundancy with the related Sox4 and Sox11 transcription factors. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:4675-87 pubmed publisher..Because of differences in expression levels and transactivation rates, however, functional compensation is not reciprocal. ..
- Nitschke L. CD22 and Siglec-G: B-cell inhibitory receptors with distinct functions. Immunol Rev. 2009;230:128-43 pubmed publisher..In addition, it controls the cellular expansion and antibody secretion of B1 cells. Thus, both Siglecs modulate BCR signaling on different B-cell populations in a mutually exclusive fashion. ..
- Marthol H, Intravooth T, Bardutzky J, De Fina P, Schwab S, Hilz M. Sympathetic cardiovascular hyperactivity precedes brain death. Clin Auton Res. 2010;20:363-9 pubmed publisher..In this study, we assessed autonomic function in patients prior to brain death...
- Mandery K, Bujok K, Schmidt I, Keiser M, Siegmund W, Balk B, et al. Influence of the flavonoids apigenin, kaempferol, and quercetin on the function of organic anion transporting polypeptides 1A2 and 2B1. Biochem Pharmacol. 2010;80:1746-53 pubmed publisher..5?M, OATP2B1: 14.1?M). These data indicate that modification of OATP1A2 and OATP2B1 transport activity by apigenin, kaempferol, and quercetin may be a mechanism for food-drug or drug-drug interactions in humans. ..
- Sauer R, Liersch T, Merkel S, Fietkau R, Hohenberger W, Hess C, et al. Preoperative versus postoperative chemoradiotherapy for locally advanced rectal cancer: results of the German CAO/ARO/AIO-94 randomized phase III trial after a median follow-up of 11 years. J Clin Oncol. 2012;30:1926-33 pubmed publisher..However, after a median follow-up of 46 months, no survival benefit could be shown. Here, we report long-term results with a median follow-up of 134 months...
- Regus Leidig H, Ott C, Löhner M, Atorf J, Fuchs M, Sedmak T, et al. Identification and immunocytochemical characterization of Piccolino, a novel Piccolo splice variant selectively expressed at sensory ribbon synapses of the eye and ear. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e70373 pubmed publisher..The putative lack of interactions with proteins of the active zone suggests a function of Piccolino at ribbon synapses of sensory neurons different from Piccolo's function at conventional chemical synapses. ..
- Brauburger K, Akyildiz S, Ruppert J, Graeb M, Bernkopf D, Hadjihannas M, et al. Adenomatous polyposis coli (APC) membrane recruitment 3, a member of the APC membrane recruitment family of APC-binding proteins, is a positive regulator of Wnt-?-catenin signalling. FEBS J. 2014;281:787-801 pubmed publisher..Our data, together with those of previous studies, provide a comprehensive picture of similarities and differences within the Amer protein family. ..
- Manzel A, Muller D, Hafler D, Erdman S, Linker R, Kleinewietfeld M. Role of "Western diet" in inflammatory autoimmune diseases. Curr Allergy Asthma Rep. 2014;14:404 pubmed publisher..This review discusses the current knowledge relative to the association of "Western diet" with autoimmunity, and highlights the role of T cells as central players linking dietary influences to autoimmune pathology. ..
- Schauer C, Janko C, Munoz L, Zhao Y, Kienhöfer D, Frey B, et al. Aggregated neutrophil extracellular traps limit inflammation by degrading cytokines and chemokines. Nat Med. 2014;20:511-7 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that aggregated NETs promote the resolution of neutrophilic inflammation by degrading cytokines and chemokines and disrupting neutrophil recruitment and activation. ..
- Kreis M, Maurer C, Ruppert R, Ptok H, Strassburg J, Junginger T, et al. [Lymph node dissection after primary surgery and neoadjuvant radiochemotherapy of rectal cancer. Interim analysis of a multicenter prospective observational study (OCUM)]. Chirurg. 2015;86:1132-7 pubmed publisher..Neoadjuvant radiochemotherapy led to a reduced lymph node yield compared to surgery without pretreatment; however, this did not influence the rate of lymph node metastasis. ..
- Schlötzer Schrehardt U, Holbach L, Hofmann Rummelt C, Naumann G. Multifocal corneal argyrosis after an explosion injury. Cornea. 2001;20:553-7 pubmed..Energy-dispersive x-ray analysis showed peaks of silver and sulfur. The toxic influence of intracellular accumulation of silver in stromal keratocytes may lead to cell damage and necrosis and result in visual impairment. ..