Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Freising, Bavaria, Germany
Locale: Freising, Bavaria, Germany
Publications117 found, 100 shown here
- Schauer K, Geginat G, Liang C, Goebel W, Dandekar T, Fuchs T. Deciphering the intracellular metabolism of Listeria monocytogenes by mutant screening and modelling. BMC Genomics. 2010;11:573 pubmed publisher..While the virulence factors essentially contributing to this step of the infection cycle are well characterized, the set of listerial genes contributing to intracellular replication remains to be defined on a genome-wide level...
- Brandner J, Pander J, Mueller M, Cerwenka A, Geist J. Effects of sampling techniques on population assessment of invasive round goby Neogobius melanostomus. J Fish Biol. 2013;82:2063-79 pubmed publisher..The results of this study suggest that a higher degree of standardization and inter-calibration is useful to achieve better comparability of population data of invasive N. melanostomus and other benthic fish species. ..
- Yang Y, Yang X, Verhelst S. Comparative analysis of click chemistry mediated activity-based protein profiling in cell lysates. Molecules. 2013;18:12599-608 pubmed publisher..We here make a comparison of the efficiency of the activity-based tandem labeling strategy by using Cu(I)-catalyzed and strain-promoted click chemistry, different ligands and different lysis conditions. ..
- Einspanier R, Krause I, Calvete J, Töfper Petersen E, Klostermeyer H, Karg H. Bovine seminal plasma aSFP: localization of disulfide bridges and detection of three different isoelectric forms. FEBS Lett. 1994;344:61-4 pubmed..1. These results indicate that native aSFP possesses two pairs of cysteine residues of different reactivity. The observation that aSFP can protect sperm from oxidative damage might be explained by its reduction/oxidation behaviour. ..
- Berisha B, Schams D, Miyamoto A. The expression of angiotensin and endothelin system members in bovine corpus luteum during estrous cycle and pregnancy. Endocrine. 2002;19:305-12 pubmed
- Tieking M, Kaditzky S, Valcheva R, Korakli M, Vogel R, Gänzle M. Extracellular homopolysaccharides and oligosaccharides from intestinal lactobacilli. J Appl Microbiol. 2005;99:692-702 pubmed..Moreover, this is the first report of glucose-oligosaccharide production during growth of lactobacilli, and one novel fructosyltransferase and one novel glucansucrase were partially characterized on the genetic level. ..
- Flisikowska T, Thorey I, Offner S, Ros F, Lifke V, Zeitler B, et al. Efficient immunoglobulin gene disruption and targeted replacement in rabbit using zinc finger nucleases. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e21045 pubmed publisher..ZFN mediated genetic engineering in the rabbit and other mammals opens new avenues of experimentation in immunology and many other research fields. ..
- Sorg D, Potzel A, Beck M, Meyer H, Viturro E, Kliem H. Effects of cell culture techniques on gene expression and cholesterol efflux in primary bovine mammary epithelial cells derived from milk and tissue. In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim. 2012;48:550-3 pubmed publisher..Passage number did not alter the efflux rate (pâ€‰â‰¤â€‰0.05). We showed for the first time that the extraction of pbMEC from milk can be a suitable alternative to tissue extraction. ..
- Olwill S, Joffroy C, Gille H, Vigna E, Matschiner G, Allersdorfer A, et al. A highly potent and specific MET therapeutic protein antagonist with both ligand-dependent and ligand-independent activity. Mol Cancer Ther. 2013;12:2459-71 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data indicate that the MET inhibitor PRS-110 has potentially broad anticancer activity that warrants evaluation in patients. ..
- Pausch H, Kölle S, Wurmser C, Schwarzenbacher H, Emmerling R, Jansen S, et al. A nonsense mutation in TMEM95 encoding a nondescript transmembrane protein causes idiopathic male subfertility in cattle. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1004044 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that deficiency of TMEM95 severely compromises male reproductive performance in cattle and reveal for the first time a phenotypic effect associated with genomic variation in TMEM95. ..
- de la Ballina L, Cano Crespo S, GonzÃ¡lez MuÃ±oz E, Bial S, Estrach S, Cailleteau L, et al. Amino Acid Transport Associated to Cluster of Differentiation 98 Heavy Chain (CD98hc) Is at the Cross-road of Oxidative Stress and Amino Acid Availability. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:9700-11 pubmed publisher..Our data establish CD98hc as a master protective gene at the cross-road of redox control and AA availability, making it a relevant therapeutic target in cancer. ..
- Essig K, Hu D, Guimaraes J, Alterauge D, Edelmann S, Raj T, et al. Roquin Suppresses the PI3K-mTOR Signaling Pathway to Inhibit T Helper Cell Differentiation and Conversion of Treg to Tfr Cells. Immunity. 2017;47:1067-1082.e12 pubmed publisher..Thereby, Roquin-mediated control of PI3K-mTOR signaling prevents autoimmunity by restraining activation and differentiation of conventional TÂ cells and specialization of Treg cells. ..
- Greim H. Mechanistic and toxicokinetic data reducing uncertainty in risk assessment. Toxicol Lett. 2003;138:1-8 pubmed..Also for chlorobenzene, the relevance of toxicokinetics for estimating the human health risk is demonstrated. ..
- Wieser H, Koehler P. Detoxification of gluten by means of enzymatic treatment. J AOAC Int. 2012;95:356-63 pubmed
- Schmid M, Walcher M, Bubert A, Wagner M, Wagner M, Schleifer K. Nucleic acid-based, cultivation-independent detection of Listeria spp and genotypes of L monocytogenes. FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol. 2003;35:215-25 pubmed..The amplification of non-specific PCR products from DNA of non-target strains was prevented by adding competitive primers. By applying this method, the rapid and reliable distinction of the three L. monocytogenes genotypes was possible. ..
- Schemann M, Kugler E, Buhner S, Eastwood C, Donovan J, Jiang W, et al. The mast cell degranulator compound 48/80 directly activates neurons. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e52104 pubmed publisher..Therefore, functional changes measured in tissue or animal models may involve a mast cell independent effect of compound 48/80 and cromolyn. ..
- Bennett E, Champlot S, Peters J, Arbuckle B, Guimaraes S, Pruvost M, et al. Taming the late Quaternary phylogeography of the Eurasiatic wild ass through ancient and modern DNA. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0174216 pubmed publisher..In addition, appropriately placing extant relict populations into a broader phylogeographic and genetic context can better inform ongoing conservation strategies for this highly-endangered species. ..
- Groebner A, Rubio Aliaga I, Schulke K, Reichenbach H, Daniel H, Wolf E, et al. Increase of essential amino acids in the bovine uterine lumen during preimplantation development. Reproduction. 2011;141:685-95 pubmed publisher..Our results show an increased concentration of AAs most likely to optimally provide the elongating pre-attachment conceptus with nutrients. ..
- Ulbrich S, Groebner A, Bauersachs S. Transcriptional profiling to address molecular determinants of endometrial receptivity--lessons from studies in livestock species. Methods. 2013;59:108-15 pubmed publisher..The endometrium as sensor and driver of fertility may indicate the qualitative and quantitative nature of signaling molecules sent by the early embryo and in turn, accordingly impact on embryonic development. ..
- Meinlschmidt P, Ueberham E, Lehmann J, Schweiggert Weisz U, Eisner P. Immunoreactivity, sensory and physicochemical properties of fermented soy protein isolate. Food Chem. 2016;205:229-38 pubmed publisher..Consequently, fermentation might be a promising method to produce tasty low-allergen food ingredients with good physicochemical properties. ..
- Kästle M, Bartel S, Geillinger Kästle K, Irmler M, Beckers J, Ryffel B, et al. microRNA cluster 106a~363 is involved in T helper 17 cell differentiation. Immunology. 2017;152:402-413 pubmed publisher..Here, we provide evidence that miRNAs are involved in controlling the differentiation and function of T helper cells, offering useful tools to study and modify Th17-mediated inflammation. ..
- Leuchs S, Saalfrank A, Merkl C, Flisikowska T, Edlinger M, Durkovic M, et al. Inactivation and inducible oncogenic mutation of p53 in gene targeted pigs. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e43323 pubmed publisher..This work represents the first inactivation and mutation of the gatekeeper tumor suppressor gene TP53 in a non-rodent mammal. ..
- Brina D, Miluzio A, Ricciardi S, Clarke K, Davidsen P, Viero G, et al. eIF6 coordinates insulin sensitivity and lipid metabolism by coupling translation to transcription. Nat Commun. 2015;6:8261 pubmed publisher..Since obesity, type 2 diabetes, and cancer require a Fasn-driven lipogenic state, we propose that eIF6 could be a therapeutic target for these diseases. ..
- Ulbrich S, Schoenfelder M, Thoene S, Einspanier R. Hyaluronan in the bovine oviduct--modulation of synthases and receptors during the estrous cycle. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2004;214:9-18 pubmed..The local turnover of HA through synthases and receptors may indicate its participation in the bovine oviduct supporting gamete maturation and early embryonic development. ..
- Haubold B, Wiehe T. How repetitive are genomes?. BMC Bioinformatics. 2006;7:541 pubmed..This reveals a broad spectrum of repetitiveness among diverse genomes which agrees qualitatively with previous studies of repeat content. A sliding window analysis helps to analyze the intragenomic distribution of repeats. ..
- Kliem H, Berisha B, Meyer H, Schams D. Regulatory changes of apoptotic factors in the bovine corpus luteum after induced luteolysis. Mol Reprod Dev. 2009;76:220-30 pubmed publisher..We assume that the extrinsic pathway is more important for the onset of luteolysis, because of its earlier and higher increase during induced luteolysis. ..
- Farke C, Meyer H, Bruckmaier R, Albrecht C. Differential expression of ABC transporters and their regulatory genes during lactation and dry period in bovine mammary tissue. J Dairy Res. 2008;75:406-14 pubmed publisher..The current mRNA expression analysis of transporters in the mammary gland is the prerequisite for elucidating novel molecular mechanisms underlying cholesterol and lipid transfer into milk. ..
- Chan K, Busque S, Sailer M, Stoeger C, BrÃ¶er S, Daniel H, et al. Loss of function mutation of the Slc38a3 glutamine transporter reveals its critical role for amino acid metabolism in the liver, brain, and kidney. Pflugers Arch. 2016;468:213-27 pubmed publisher..Despite the large number of glutamine transporters, loss of Snat3 cannot be compensated, suggesting that this transporter is a major route of glutamine transport in the liver, brain, and kidney. ..
- Einspanier R, Einspanier A, Wempe F, Scheit K. Characterization of a new bioactive protein from bovine seminal fluid. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1991;179:1006-10 pubmed..aSFP stimulated cell division and progesterone secretion of bovine granulosa cells in vitro in a potent and dose dependent manner. aSFP appears to be a potent growth factor with effects on ovarian granulosa cells. ..
- Lasar D, Julius A, Fromme T, Klingenspor M. Browning attenuates murine white adipose tissue expansion during postnatal development. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1831:960-8 pubmed publisher..This article is part of a Special Issue entitled Brown and White Fat: From Signaling to Disease. ..
- Flisikowska T, Kind A, Schnieke A. The new pig on the block: modelling cancer in pigs. Transgenic Res. 2013;22:673-80 pubmed publisher..We also highlight some important issues for the future development and usefulness of porcine cancer models. ..
- Hahne H, Kuster B. A novel two-stage tandem mass spectrometry approach and scoring scheme for the identification of O-GlcNAc modified peptides. J Am Soc Mass Spectrom. 2011;22:931-42 pubmed publisher..Integrating the OScore into the two-stage LC-MS/MS approach detected O-GlcNAc peptides in the low fmol range and at 10-fold better sensitivity than a single data-dependent ETD tandem MS experiment. ..
- Stadie J, Gulitz A, Ehrmann M, Vogel R. Metabolic activity and symbiotic interactions of lactic acid bacteria and yeasts isolated from water kefir. Food Microbiol. 2013;35:92-8 pubmed publisher..The interaction of Z. florentina and Lb. nagelii was further examined to reveal that co-cultivation induced the yeast to release arginine, which was essential for Lb. nagelii. ..
- MÃ¼ller V, Zietek T, Rohm F, Fiamoncini J, Lagkouvardos I, Haller D, et al. Gut barrier impairment by high-fat diet in mice depends on housing conditions. Mol Nutr Food Res. 2016;60:897-908 pubmed publisher..We demonstrated that housing conditions and associated changes in gut bacterial colonization are pivotal for maintenance of gut barrier integrity in DIO mice. ..
- Zehn D, Utzschneider D, Thimme R. Immune-surveillance through exhausted effector T-cells. Curr Opin Virol. 2016;16:49-54 pubmed publisher..Here, we highlight examples that demonstrate that such T-cells mediate a profound form of immune-surveillance. We also briefly discuss the opportunities and limitations of employing 'exhausted' T-cells for therapeutic purposes. ..
- Welter H, Wollenhaupt K, Einspanier R. Developmental and hormonal regulated gene expression of fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF-2) and its receptors in porcine endometrium. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2004;88:295-304 pubmed..While FGFR1IIIc is presumed to be promoted by estradiol FGFR2IIIc appears to be dominated by progesterone implicating different biological importance for a functional endometrium. ..
- Gabler C, Lauer B, Einspanier A, Schams D, Einspanier R. Detection of mRNA and immunoreactive proteins for acidic and basic fibroblast growth factor and expression of the fibroblast growth factor receptors in the bovine oviduct. J Reprod Fertil. 1997;109:213-21 pubmed..In summary, the components of the FGF system were found in the bovine oviduct suggesting an autocrine or paracrine regulation involving oviduct cells and cumulus-oocyte complexes. ..
- Kurzak P, Ehrmann M, Vogel R. Diversity of lactic acid bacteria associated with ducks. Syst Appl Microbiol. 1998;21:588-92 pubmed..Homofermentative and heterofermentative lactobacilli were identified, belonging to the phylogenetically defined Lb. acidophilus, Lb. salivarius and Lb. reuteri groups. ..
- Berisha B, Sinowatz F, Schams D. Expression and localization of fibroblast growth factor (FGF) family members during the final growth of bovine ovarian follicles. Mol Reprod Dev. 2004;67:162-71 pubmed
- Rabot A, Wellnitz O, Meyer H, Bruckmaier R. Use and relevance of a bovine mammary gland explant model to study infection responses in bovine mammary tissue. J Dairy Res. 2007;74:93-9 pubmed..05). Surprisingly, TNF-alpha transcripts did not show any regulation in response to the LPS treatment. We nevertheless concluded that our model was valid to examine the short-term response of mammary epithelial cell challenged with LPS. ..
- Weber S, Ludwig W, Schleifer K, Fried J. Microbial composition and structure of aerobic granular sewage biofilms. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2007;73:6233-40 pubmed..This protocol allows the simultaneous detection of bacteria, ciliates, and fungi in and on granules. ..
- Mertl M, Daniel H, Kottra G. Substrate-induced changes in the density of peptide transporter PEPT1 expressed in Xenopus oocytes. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2008;295:C1332-43 pubmed publisher..Coexpression experiments with human Na(+)-glucose transporter 1 (hSGLT1) revealed that substrate exposure selectively affected PEPT1 but not the activity of hSGLT1...
- Viturro E, Koenning M, Kroemer A, Schlamberger G, Wiedemann S, Kaske M, et al. Cholesterol synthesis in the lactating cow: Induced expression of candidate genes. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2009;115:62-7 pubmed publisher..01). The increase of milk and blood cholesterol levels in B. taurus after parturition might be the result of a coordinated induction in the expression of key liver enzymes and their regulating factors. ..
- Pausch H, Flisikowski K, Jung S, Emmerling R, Edel C, Götz K, et al. Genome-wide association study identifies two major loci affecting calving ease and growth-related traits in cattle. Genetics. 2011;187:289-97 pubmed publisher..Our study demonstrates the leverage potential of EBVs in unraveling the genetic architecture of lowly heritable traits. ..
- Flisikowski K, Venhoranta H, Nowacka Woszuk J, McKay S, Flyckt A, Taponen J, et al. A novel mutation in the maternally imprinted PEG3 domain results in a loss of MIMT1 expression and causes abortions and stillbirths in cattle (Bos taurus). PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e15116 pubmed publisher..We designed a PCR-based assay to confirm the existence of the microdeletion in the MIMT1 region that can be used to assist cattle breeders in preventing the stillbirths. ..
- Benner J, Daniel H, Spanier B. A glutathione peroxidase, intracellular peptidases and the TOR complexes regulate peptide transporter PEPT-1 in C. elegans. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e25624 pubmed publisher..elegans supports evidence that intracellular peptide hydrolysis and amino acid concentration are a part of a sensing system that controls PEPT-1 expression and function and that involves the TOR complexes TORC1 and TORC2. ..
- Michel K, Michaelis M, Mazzuoli G, Mueller K, Vanden Berghe P, Schemann M. Fast calcium and voltage-sensitive dye imaging in enteric neurones reveal calcium peaks associated with single action potential discharge. J Physiol. 2011;589:5941-7 pubmed publisher..Fast [Ca(2+)](i) imaging can be used to directly record single action potentials in enteric neurones. [Ca(2+)](i) peaks required opening of voltage-gated sodium and calcium channels as well as Ca(2+) release from intracellular stores...
- Pausch H, Wang X, Jung S, Krogmeier D, Edel C, Emmerling R, et al. Identification of QTL for UV-protective eye area pigmentation in cattle by progeny phenotyping and genome-wide association analysis. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e36346 pubmed publisher..Thus, the missing heritability amounts to 7% only. Our results support a polygenic inheritance pattern of ACOP in cattle and provide the basis for efficient genomic selection of animals that are less susceptible to serious eye diseases. ..
- Hahne H, Kuster B. Discovery of O-GlcNAc-6-phosphate modified proteins in large-scale phosphoproteomics data. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2012;11:1063-9 pubmed..Collectively, the data suggests that O-GlcNAc-6-phosphate is a general post-translation modification of mammalian proteins with a variety of possible cellular functions. ..
- Röckendorf N, Meckelein B, Scherf K, Schalk K, Koehler P, Frey A. Identification of novel antibody-reactive detection sites for comprehensive gluten monitoring. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0181566 pubmed publisher..Currently unrepresented linear gluten detection sites in glutenins and ?-gliadins suggest sequences QQQYPS, PQQSFP, QPGQGQQG and QQPPFS as novel targets for antibody generation. ..
- Horn M, Wagner M, Muller K, Schmid E, Fritsche T, Schleifer K, et al. Neochlamydia hartmannellae gen. nov., sp. nov. (Parachlamydiaceae), an endoparasite of the amoeba Hartmannella vermiformis. Microbiology. 2000;146 ( Pt 5):1231-9 pubmed..These findings extend our knowledge of the phylogenetic diversity of the Parachlamydiaceae and demonstrate for the first time that these endocytobionts can naturally develop within amoebae of the genus Hartmannella...
- Ruan W, Becker V, Klingmuller U, Langosch D. The interface between self-assembling erythropoietin receptor transmembrane segments corresponds to a membrane-spanning leucine zipper. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:3273-9 pubmed..This suggests that forced self-interaction of the transmembrane segments does not suffice to induce signaling of the erythropoietin receptor. ..
- Gum B, Gross R, Kuehn R. Mitochondrial and nuclear DNA phylogeography of European grayling (Thymallus thymallus): evidence for secondary contact zones in central Europe. Mol Ecol. 2005;14:1707-25 pubmed..Our study shows that both large-scale phylogeographical and detailed genetic analyses on a fine scale are mandatory for developing appropriate conservation guidelines of endangered species. ..
- Ulbrich S, Rehfeld S, Bauersachs S, Wolf E, Rottmayer R, Hiendleder S, et al. Region-specific expression of nitric oxide synthases in the bovine oviduct during the oestrous cycle and in vitro. J Endocrinol. 2006;188:205-13 pubmed..The region-specific modulated expression of eNOS and iNOS provides evidence for an involvement of endogenously produced NO in the regulation of oviductal functions...
- Farke C, Viturro E, Meyer H, Albrecht C. Identification of the bovine cholesterol efflux regulatory protein ABCA1 and its expression in various tissues. J Anim Sci. 2006;84:2887-94 pubmed..This work could open new avenues for elucidating a potential role of ABCA1 in sterol homeostasis in the bovine organism...
- Kausch U, Alberti M, Haindl S, Budczies J, Hock B. Biomarkers for exposure to estrogenic compounds: gene expression analysis in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Environ Toxicol. 2008;23:15-24 pubmed publisher..Genistein also upregulated the expression of four eggshell proteins, which can be used as biomarkers for exposure to this chemical. ..
- Schilffarth S, Antoni B, Schams D, Meyer H, Berisha B. The expression of apelin and its receptor APJ during different physiological stages in the bovine ovary. Int J Biol Sci. 2009;5:344-50 pubmed..In conclusion, our data suggest that apelin/APJ system is involved in the mechanism regulating angiogenesis during follicle maturation as well as during CL formation and function in the bovine ovary. ..
- Ulbrich S, Frohlich T, Schulke K, Englberger E, Waldschmitt N, Arnold G, et al. Evidence for estrogen-dependent uterine serpin (SERPINA14) expression during estrus in the bovine endometrial glandular epithelium and lumen. Biol Reprod. 2009;81:795-805 pubmed publisher..A supporting role toward providing a well-prepared endometrial environment for passing gametes, especially sperm, is assumed. ..
- Hölzel C, Schwaiger K, Harms K, Kuchenhoff H, Kunz A, Meyer K, et al. Sewage sludge and liquid pig manure as possible sources of antibiotic resistant bacteria. Environ Res. 2010;110:318-26 pubmed publisher..faecalis) to 16% (Ent. faecium). High rates of (multi-) resistant bacteria in pig manure emphasize the need for a prudent - cautious - use of antibiotics in farm animals. ..
- Spanier B, Rubio Aliaga I, Hu H, Daniel H. Altered signalling from germline to intestine pushes daf-2;pept-1 Caenorhabditis elegans into extreme longevity. Aging Cell. 2010;9:636-46 pubmed publisher..elegans lacking a proper function of the insulin receptor and lacking the intestinal peptide transporter. ..
- Winkelmann I, Diehl D, Oesterle D, Daniel H, Wenzel U. Flavone induces changes in intermediary metabolism that prevent microadenoma formation in colonic tissue of carcinogen-treated mice. Mol Nutr Food Res. 2010;54 Suppl 2:S184-95 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, changes in the levels of proteins from intermediary metabolism or their encoding mRNAs are linked to flavone-induced apoptosis and the prevention of microadenoma formation in transformed colonocytes of mice. ..
- Spanier B, Starke M, Higel F, Scherer S, Fuchs T. Yersinia enterocolitica infection and tcaA-dependent killing of Caenorhabditis elegans. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2010;76:6277-85 pubmed publisher..In summary, this study supports the hypothesis that C. elegans is a natural host and nutrient source of Y. enterocolitica...
- Flisikowski K, Venhoranta H, Bauersachs S, Hänninen R, Fürst R, Saalfrank A, et al. Truncation of MIMT1 gene in the PEG3 domain leads to major changes in placental gene expression and stillbirth in cattle. Biol Reprod. 2012;87:140 pubmed publisher..NPSR1A is normally not expressed in placenta. Its role in the stillbirth phenomenon has yet to be elucidated, but it may provide a useful prognostic indicator. ..
- Müller J, Pfaffl M. Synergetic downregulation of 67 kDa laminin receptor by the green tea (Camellia sinensis) secondary plant compound epigallocatechin gallate: a new gateway in metastasis prevention?. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2012;12:258 pubmed publisher..Our findings may help to provide insights into the many unsolved health-promoting activities of other natural pharmaceuticals. ..
- Mehrparvar M, Zytynska S, Weisser W. Multiple cues for winged morph production in an aphid metacommunity. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e58323 pubmed publisher..We find there are also other factors (i.e. temporal effects) inducing the production of winged offspring for natural aphid populations. Our results show that the responses of each aphid species are due to multiple wing induction cues...
- Neuhaus K, Satorhelyi P, Schauer K, Scherer S, Fuchs T. Acid shock of Listeria monocytogenes at low environmental temperatures induces prfA, epithelial cell invasion, and lethality towards Caenorhabditis elegans. BMC Genomics. 2013;14:285 pubmed publisher..PrfA and other listerial virulence genes are induced by an inorganic acid in a temperature-dependent manner. The data presented here suggest that low pH serves as a trigger for listerial pathogenicity at environmental temperatures. ..
- Greiter W, Firzlaff U. Representation of three-dimensional space in the auditory cortex of the echolocating bat P. discolor. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182461 pubmed publisher..Due to their spatial directionality and selectivity to specific echo delays representing target distance, combination sensitive cortical neurons are suited to encode three-dimensional spatial information. ..
- Schams D, Berisha B, Kosmann M, Einspanier R, Amselgruber W. Possible role of growth hormone, IGFs, and IGF-binding proteins in the regulation of ovarian function in large farm animals. Domest Anim Endocrinol. 1999;17:279-85 pubmed..In conclusion, there is clear evidence for a central role of the IGFs, IGFBPs, and GH in follicular development and CL function. ..
- Viturro E, Farke C, Meyer H, Albrecht C. Identification, sequence analysis and mRNA tissue distribution of the bovine sterol transporters ABCG5 and ABCG8. J Dairy Sci. 2006;89:553-61 pubmed
- Kliem H, Welter H, Kraetzl W, Steffl M, Meyer H, Schams D, et al. Expression and localisation of extracellular matrix degrading proteases and their inhibitors during the oestrous cycle and after induced luteolysis in the bovine corpus luteum. Reproduction. 2007;134:535-47 pubmed..MMP-2 showed a strong increase in staining in endothelial cells at 48 h. ..
- Berisha B, Meyer H, Schams D. Effect of prostaglandin F2 alpha on local luteotropic and angiogenic factors during induced functional luteolysis in the bovine corpus luteum. Biol Reprod. 2010;82:940-7 pubmed publisher..The acute decrease of local luteotropic activity and acute changes of ANGPT2 and VEGFA suggest that modulation of vascular stability may be a key component in the cascade of events leading to functional luteolysis...
- Ulbrich S, Meyer S, Zitta K, Hiendleder S, Sinowatz F, Bauersachs S, et al. Bovine endometrial metallopeptidases MMP14 and MMP2 and the metallopeptidase inhibitor TIMP2 participate in maternal preparation of pregnancy. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2011;332:48-57 pubmed publisher..Matrix metallopeptidases are likely to participate in remodeling processes preparing a receptive endometrium for a timely and precise regulation of embryo development. ..
- Fromme T, Klingenspor M. Uncoupling protein 1 expression and high-fat diets. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2011;300:R1-8 pubmed publisher..In white adipose tissue depots Ucp1 mRNA is generally downregulated by HFD, indicating a decline in the number of interspersed brown adipocytes. ..
- Nässl A, Rubio Aliaga I, Fenselau H, Marth M, Kottra G, Daniel H. Amino acid absorption and homeostasis in mice lacking the intestinal peptide transporter PEPT1. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2011;301:G128-37 pubmed publisher..Since renal amino acid excretion remained unchanged, elevated basal concentrations of plasma amino acids in PEPT1-deficient animals seem to arise mainly from alterations in hepatic amino acid metabolism. ..
- Groebner A, Zakhartchenko V, Bauersachs S, Rubio Aliaga I, Daniel H, Büttner M, et al. Reduced amino acids in the bovine uterine lumen of cloned versus in vitro fertilized pregnancies prior to implantation. Cell Reprogram. 2011;13:403-10 pubmed publisher..These are unlikely related to the major embryonic pregnancy recognition signal interferon-tau, because similar activities were detected in uterine flushings of the SCNT and IVF groups. ..