Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on aged in Munich, Bavaria, Germany
Locale: Munich, Bavaria, Germany
Publications637 found, 100 shown here
- Wang W, Reiser Erkan C, Michalski C, Raggi M, Quan L, Yupei Z, et al. Hypoxia inducible BHLHB2 is a novel and independent prognostic marker in pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;401:422-8 pubmed publisher..348, 95% CI=1.250-4.411, p=0.008). Hypoxia-inducible BHLHB2 expression is a novel independent prognostic marker in pancreatic cancer patients and indicates increased chemosensitivity towards gemcitabine. ..
- Reim D, Gertler R, Novotny A, Becker K, Zum Büschenfelde C, Ebert M, et al. Adenocarcinomas of the esophagogastric junction are more likely to respond to preoperative chemotherapy than distal gastric cancer. Ann Surg Oncol. 2012;19:2108-18 pubmed publisher..The aim of this retrospective analysis was to prove these findings in an experienced single-center large patient cohort because there are currently no recruiting prospective clinical trials...
- Huber Wagner S, Biberthaler P, HÃ¤berle S, Wierer M, Dobritz M, Rummeny E, et al. Whole-body CT in haemodynamically unstable severely injured patients--a retrospective, multicentre study. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e68880 pubmed publisher..Thus, the application of WBCT in haemodynamically unstable severely injured patients seems to be safe, feasible and justified if performed quickly within a well-structured environment and by a well-organized trauma team. ..
- Rujescu D, Giegling I, Sato T, Moller H. Lack of association between serotonin 5-HT1B receptor gene polymorphism and suicidal behavior. Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet. 2003;116B:69-71 pubmed..These findings suggest that the 5-HT1B polymorphism is unlikely to play a major role in the genetic susceptibility to suicide attempts. ..
- Velden J, Milz P, Winkler F, Seelos K, Hamann G. Nonionic contrast neurotoxicity after coronary angiography mimicking subarachnoid hemorrhage. Eur Neurol. 2003;49:249-51 pubmed
- Haussermann P, Goecker D, Beier K, Schroeder S. Low-dose cyproterone acetate treatment of sexual acting out in men with dementia. Int Psychogeriatr. 2003;15:181-6 pubmed..After nonresponse to neuroleptics and sedatives, low-dose cyproterone acetate successfully reduced sexual acting out without relevant side effects in both patients. ..
- Huppertz A, Haraida S, Kraus A, Zech C, Scheidler J, Breuer J, et al. Enhancement of focal liver lesions at gadoxetic acid-enhanced MR imaging: correlation with histopathologic findings and spiral CT--initial observations. Radiology. 2005;234:468-78 pubmed..Arterial and portal venous MR images obtained with gadoxetic acid are comparable to those of CT. ..
- Kuchenbauer F, Schoch C, Kern W, Hiddemann W, Haferlach T, Schnittger S. Impact of FLT3 mutations and promyelocytic leukaemia-breakpoint on clinical characteristics and prognosis in acute promyelocytic leukaemia. Br J Haematol. 2005;130:196-202 pubmed..6%) and associated with a significant lower overall survival (P = 0.0339). In addition, cases with bcr3 showed a tendency for a worse event-free survival (P = 0.0795) compared with the bcr1 group. ..
- Messmer E, Mackert M, Zapp D, Kampik A. In vivo confocal microscopy of pigmented conjunctival tumors. Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol. 2006;244:1437-45 pubmed..In addition, in vivo confocal microscopy may support the clinical diagnosis of extrascleral involvement in uveal melanoma. ..
- Rujescu D, Meisenzahl E, Krejcova S, Giegling I, Zetzsche T, Reiser M, et al. Plexin B3 is genetically associated with verbal performance and white matter volume in human brain. Mol Psychiatry. 2007;12:190-4, 115 pubmed..These novel observations warrant further replication in independent samples. ..
- Haritoglou C, Schumann R, Strauss R, Priglinger S, Neubauer A, Kampik A. Vitreoretinal surgery using bromphenol blue as a vital stain: evaluation of staining characteristics in humans. Br J Ophthalmol. 2007;91:1125-8 pubmed..Bromphenol blue appears to be a very helpful and safe tool in posterior segment surgery. The staining characteristics need to be further evaluated in prospective study settings and larger numbers of patients. ..
- Goke B, Gause Nilsson I, Persson A. The effects of tesaglitazar as add-on treatment to metformin in patients with poorly controlled type 2 diabetes. Diab Vasc Dis Res. 2007;4:204-13 pubmed..Despite the clinical discontinuation of tesaglitazar, this study has demonstrated the potential benefits of dual PPAR agonism as add-on therapy to metformin, in patients with poorly controlled type 2 diabetes. ..
- Lang R, Buhmann S, Hopman A, Steitz H, Lienemann A, Reiser M, et al. Cine-MRI detection of intraabdominal adhesions: correlation with intraoperative findings in 89 consecutive cases. Surg Endosc. 2008;22:2455-61 pubmed publisher..Cine-MRI is a good alternative for diagnosing abdominal adhesions because objective findings of the scan and intraoperative findings correlate very well with each other. ..
- Reschke M, Mihic Probst D, van der Horst E, Knyazev P, Wild P, Hutterer M, et al. HER3 is a determinant for poor prognosis in melanoma. Clin Cancer Res. 2008;14:5188-97 pubmed publisher..Our results provide novel insights into the role of HER3 in melanoma and point out new possibilities for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Sadr Nabavi A, Ramser J, Volkmann J, Naehrig J, Wiesmann F, Betz B, et al. Decreased expression of angiogenesis antagonist EFEMP1 in sporadic breast cancer is caused by aberrant promoter methylation and points to an impact of EFEMP1 as molecular biomarker. Int J Cancer. 2009;124:1727-35 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, these data point towards a possible predictive impact of EFEMP1 expression in primary breast cancer. ..
- Tilki D, Svatek R, Novara G, Seitz M, Godoy G, Karakiewicz P, et al. Stage pT0 at radical cystectomy confers improved survival: an international study of 4,430 patients. J Urol. 2010;184:888-94 pubmed publisher..Although stage pT0 at radical cystectomy confers a benefit in survival, some patients experience disease recurrence and eventual death. Identifying these patients may help tailor postoperative decision making in patients with pT0. ..
- Dorn J, Magdolen V, Gkazepis A, Gerte T, Harlozinska A, Sedlaczek P, et al. Circulating biomarker tissue kallikrein-related peptidase KLK5 impacts ovarian cancer patients' survival. Ann Oncol. 2011;22:1783-90 pubmed publisher..Increased serum and ascitic fluid KLK5 levels are associated with poor patient outcome, thus underlining the importance of KLK5 as a biomarker for early detection as well as for disease management in ovarian cancer. ..
- Strittmatter F, Gandaglia G, Benigni F, Bettiga A, Rigatti P, Montorsi F, et al. Expression of fatty acid amide hydrolase (FAAH) in human, mouse, and rat urinary bladder and effects of FAAH inhibition on bladder function in awake rats. Eur Urol. 2012;61:98-106 pubmed publisher..Suggesting a role for the endocannabinoid system in bladder mechanoafferent functions of rats, effects of IVES OEtA were abolished by an IVES CB2 antagonist and partly counteracted by an IVES CB1 antagonist. ..
- De Oliveira T, Abiatari I, Raulefs S, Sauliunaite D, Erkan M, Kong B, et al. Syndecan-2 promotes perineural invasion and cooperates with K-ras to induce an invasive pancreatic cancer cell phenotype. Mol Cancer. 2012;11:19 pubmed publisher..SDC-2 is a novel (perineural) invasion-associated gene in PDAC which cooperates with K-ras to induce a more invasive phenotype. ..
- Schnittger S, Bacher U, Eder C, Dicker F, Alpermann T, Grossmann V, et al. Molecular analyses of 15,542 patients with suspected BCR-ABL1-negative myeloproliferative disorders allow to develop a stepwise diagnostic workflow. Haematologica. 2012;97:1582-5 pubmed publisher..In cases in which a myeloproliferative neoplasm cannot be established, analysis for TET2, CBL and EZH2 mutations may be indicated...
- Pratschke S, Loehe F, Graeb C, Jauch K, Angele M. [Usage of marginal organs for liver transplantation: a way around the critical organ shortage?]. Zentralbl Chir. 2009;134:107-12 pubmed publisher..The refusal of marginal organs on the basis of individual EDC without consideration of the status of recipient does not seem to be adequate. ..
- Duering M, Csanadi E, Gesierich B, Jouvent E, Herve D, Seiler S, et al. Incident lacunes preferentially localize to the edge of white matter hyperintensities: insights into the pathophysiology of cerebral small vessel disease. Brain. 2013;136:2717-26 pubmed publisher..Our observations further support and refine the concept of the white matter hyperintensity penumbra. ..
- Pavel M, Singh S, Strosberg J, Bubuteishvili Pacaud L, Degtyarev E, Neary M, et al. Health-related quality of life for everolimus versus placebo in patients with advanced, non-functional, well-differentiated gastrointestinal or lung neuroendocrine tumours (RADIANT-4): a multicentre, randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled, phas. Lancet Oncol. 2017;18:1411-1422 pubmed publisher..Novartis Pharmaceuticals. ..
- Török H, Glas J, Tonenchi L, Mussack T, Folwaczny C. Polymorphisms of the lipopolysaccharide-signaling complex in inflammatory bowel disease: association of a mutation in the Toll-like receptor 4 gene with ulcerative colitis. Clin Immunol. 2004;112:85-91 pubmed..In conclusion, a novel association between a functional polymorphism in TLR4 and ulcerative colitis is reported. This observation underscores the importance of impaired innate immunity in inflammatory bowel disease. ..
- Sibbing D, von Beckerath O, Schomig A, Kastrati A, von Beckerath N. Diabetes mellitus and platelet function after administration of aspirin and a single 600 mg dose of clopidogrel. J Thromb Haemost. 2006;4:2566-8 pubmed
- Angstwurm M, Engelmann L, Zimmermann T, Lehmann C, Spes C, Abel P, et al. Selenium in Intensive Care (SIC): results of a prospective randomized, placebo-controlled, multiple-center study in patients with severe systemic inflammatory response syndrome, sepsis, and septic shock. Crit Care Med. 2007;35:118-26 pubmed..There were no side effects observed due to high-dose sodium-selenite treatment. The adjuvant treatment of patients with high-dose sodium-selenite reduces mortality rate in patients with severe sepsis or septic shock. ..
- Wichmann M, Thul P, Czarnetzki H, Morlion B, Kemen M, Jauch K. Evaluation of clinical safety and beneficial effects of a fish oil containing lipid emulsion (Lipoplus, MLF541): data from a prospective, randomized, multicenter trial. Crit Care Med. 2007;35:700-6 pubmed..Administration of n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids in the postoperative period can be considered a valuable choice for patients requiring parenteral nutrition after major abdominal surgery. ..
- Lorenz R, Kienast J, Otto U, Kiehl M, Schreiter D, Haertel S, et al. Successful emergency reversal of phenprocoumon anticoagulation with prothrombin complex concentrate: a prospective clinical study. Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis. 2007;18:565-70 pubmed..No thromboembolic or other adverse events occurred. PCC treatment rapidly, effectively and safely reversed phenprocoumon anticoagulation in patients undergoing urgent invasive procedures or actively bleeding. ..
- Karl A, Rittler P, Buchner A, Fradet V, Speer R, Walther S, et al. Prospective assessment of malnutrition in urologic patients. Urology. 2009;73:1072-6 pubmed publisher..There is a general lack of data on the prevalence of malnutrition in urologic patients. An assessment of malnutrition is needed to raise awareness of this condition and to initiate nutrition therapy if needed...
- Glas J, Seiderer J, Tillack C, Pfennig S, Beigel F, Jürgens M, et al. The NOD2 single nucleotide polymorphisms rs2066843 and rs2076756 are novel and common Crohn's disease susceptibility gene variants. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e14466 pubmed publisher..02) were significantly associated with the need for surgery. The NOD2 variants rs2066843 and rs2076756 are novel and common CD susceptibility gene variants. ..
- Elstner M, Müller S, Leidolt L, Laub C, Krieg L, Schlaudraff F, et al. Neuromelanin, neurotransmitter status and brainstem location determine the differential vulnerability of catecholaminergic neurons to mitochondrial DNA deletions. Mol Brain. 2011;4:43 pubmed publisher..Thus, ?mtDNA are neither an inevitable consequence of catecholamine metabolism nor a universal explanation for the regional vulnerability seen in PD. ..
- Seiz L, Dorn J, Kotzsch M, Walch A, Grebenchtchikov N, Gkazepis A, et al. Stromal cell-associated expression of kallikrein-related peptidase 6 (KLK6) indicates poor prognosis of ovarian cancer patients. Biol Chem. 2012;393:391-401 pubmed publisher..low KLK6 expression; hazard ratio (HR), 1.92; p=0.017; HR, 1.80; p=0.042, respectively]. These results indicate that KLK6 expressed by stromal cells may considerably contribute to the aggressiveness of ovarian cancer. ..
- Schmiedl S, Fischer R, Ibáñez L, Fortuny J, ThÃ¼rmann P, Ballarín E, et al. Tiotropium Respimat(Â®) vs. HandiHaler(Â®): real-life usage and TIOSPIR trial generalizability. Br J Clin Pharmacol. 2016;81:379-88 pubmed publisher..Results of the TIOSPIR trial were generalizable only to a minority of our study patients, underlining the need for real-life data. ..
- Ueberfuhr M, Fehlberg H, Goodman S, Withnell R. A DPOAE assessment of outer hair cell integrity in ears with age-related hearing loss. Hear Res. 2016;332:137-150 pubmed publisher..Results suggest OHC loss as a contributing cause of age-related hearing, regardless of audiogram configuration. It seems likely that OHC and strial pathology co-exist in ears with AHL. ..
- Lingscheid T, Kurth F, Clerinx J, Marocco S, Treviño B, Schunk M, et al. Schistosomiasis in European Travelers and Migrants: Analysis of 14 Years TropNet Surveillance Data. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2017;97:567-574 pubmed publisher..Posttravel consultations particularly for returning expatriates are useful given the high potential for detecting asymptomatic infections...
- Mühlau M, Schlegel J, von Einsiedel H, Conrad B, Sander D. Multiple progressive intracerebral hemorrhages due to an angiosarcoma: a case report. Eur J Neurol. 2003;10:741-2 pubmed..In the presence of normal coagulation tests, further progression of ICH should raise questions about common causes of ICH such as oral anticoagulation in our case. ..
- Milz S, Tischer T, Buettner A, Schieker M, Maier M, Redman S, et al. Molecular composition and pathology of entheses on the medial and lateral epicondyles of the humerus: a structural basis for epicondylitis. Ann Rheum Dis. 2004;63:1015-21 pubmed..This may explain why pain and tenderness in epicondylitis may extend locally beyond the tendon enthesis and why some patients are refractory to local treatments. ..
- Hager A, Kanz S, Kaemmerer H, Schreiber C, Hess J. Coarctation Long-term Assessment (COALA): significance of arterial hypertension in a cohort of 404 patients up to 27 years after surgical repair of isolated coarctation of the aorta, even in the absence of restenosis and prosthetic material. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2007;134:738-45 pubmed..This is caused by restenosis, defined by a gradient of greater than 20 mm Hg, in only a few patients. Even in those without prosthetic material or minimal-grade restenosis, there is a substantial incidence of arterial hypertension. ..
- Glas J, Seiderer J, Wetzke M, Konrad A, Török H, Schmechel S, et al. rs1004819 is the main disease-associated IL23R variant in German Crohn's disease patients: combined analysis of IL23R, CARD15, and OCTN1/2 variants. PLoS ONE. 2007;2:e819 pubmed..rs1004819 is the major IL23R variant associated with CD in the German population, while the p.Arg381Gln IL23R variant is a protective marker for CD and UC. ..
- Kühnlein P, Sperfeld A, Vanmassenhove B, Van Deerlin V, Lee V, Trojanowski J, et al. Two German kindreds with familial amyotrophic lateral sclerosis due to TARDBP mutations. Arch Neurol. 2008;65:1185-9 pubmed publisher..Mutations in TARDBP are a rare cause of familial non-SOD1 ALS. The identification of TARDBP mutations provides strong evidence for a direct link between TDP-43 dysfunction and neurodegeneration in ALS. ..
- Bajbouj M, Becker V, Eckel F, Miehlke S, Pech O, Prinz C, et al. Argon plasma coagulation of cervical heterotopic gastric mucosa as an alternative treatment for globus sensations. Gastroenterology. 2009;137:440-4 pubmed publisher..We investigated the efficacy of this therapy in a randomized, controlled multicenter trial...
- von Jagow B, Höing A, Gandorfer A, Rudolph G, Kohnen T, Kampik A, et al. Functional outcome of indocyanine green-assisted macular surgery: 7-year follow-up. Retina. 2009;29:1249-56 pubmed publisher..To evaluate the long-term functional results after surgery for macular pucker and macular holes with indocyanine green (ICG) staining of the internal limiting membrane...
- Blobner M, Eriksson L, Scholz J, Motsch J, Della Rocca G, Prins M. Reversal of rocuronium-induced neuromuscular blockade with sugammadex compared with neostigmine during sevoflurane anaesthesia: results of a randomised, controlled trial. Eur J Anaesthesiol. 2010;27:874-81 pubmed publisher..This study compared the efficacy of sugammadex and neostigmine for reversal of neuromuscular blockade induced by rocuronium for facilitating elective surgery...
- Zhao F, Gandorfer A, Haritoglou C, Scheler R, Schaumberger M, Kampik A, et al. Epiretinal cell proliferation in macular pucker and vitreomacular traction syndrome: analysis of flat-mounted internal limiting membrane specimens. Retina. 2013;33:77-88 pubmed publisher..To describe new details of epiretinal cell proliferation in flat-mounted internal limiting membrane specimens...
- Guenther S, Brunner S, Born F, Fischer M, Schramm R, Pichlmaier M, et al. When all else fails: extracorporeal life support in therapy-refractory cardiogenic shock. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2016;49:802-9 pubmed publisher..Further studies defining inclusion- and exclusion criteria might additionally improve outcome. ..
- Forbrig R, Eckert B, Ertl L, Patzig M, Brem C, Vollmar C, et al. Ruptured basilar artery perforator aneurysms--treatment regimen and long-term follow-up in eight cases. Neuroradiology. 2016;58:285-91 pubmed publisher..Final mRS scores were 0, 2, and 2, respectively. Conservative management of ruptured BA aneurysms might be a first-line treatment option with common spontaneous aneurysm occlusion, low rate of re-SAH, and promising clinical outcome. ..
- Reiter M, Harreus U. Total Glossectomy Without Laryngectomy for Advanced Squamous Cell Cancer of the Tongue: Functional and Oncological Results. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:4233-4237 pubmed..7%). The three-year survival was 57.1%. Following meticulous reconstructive principles, as well as a proper patient selection, total glossectomy without laryngectomy is a feasible treatment option for advanced cancer of the tongue. ..
- Voelkel N, Hubert N, Backhaus R, Haberl R, Hubert G. Thrombolysis in Postoperative Stroke. Stroke. 2017;48:3034-3039 pubmed publisher..However, bleeding risk in surgical area should be taken into account particularly in patients who have undergone surgery shortly before stroke onset. ..
- Feichtinger R, Oláhová M, Kishita Y, Garone C, Kremer L, Yagi M, et al. Biallelic C1QBP Mutations Cause Severe Neonatal-, Childhood-, or Later-Onset Cardiomyopathy Associated with Combined Respiratory-Chain Deficiencies. Am J Hum Genet. 2017;101:525-538 pubmed publisher..C1QBP deficiency represents an important mitochondrial disorder associated with a clinical spectrum ranging from infantile lactic acidosis to childhood (cardio)myopathy and late-onset progressive external ophthalmoplegia. ..
- Heuser I, Bissette G, Dettling M, Schweiger U, Gotthardt U, Schmider J, et al. Cerebrospinal fluid concentrations of corticotropin-releasing hormone, vasopressin, and somatostatin in depressed patients and healthy controls: response to amitriptyline treatment. Depress Anxiety. 1998;8:71-9 pubmed..In addition, we found CSF CRH and CSF somatostatin concentrations to be better reflections of age than of depression and, finally, that during aging and during depression the HPA system changes in similar directions. ..
- Peschers U, Kempf V, Jundt K, Autenrieth I, Dimpfl T. Antibiotic treatment to prevent urinary tract infections after urodynamic evaluation. Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct. 2001;12:254-7 pubmed..One major and one minor adverse reaction to cotrimoxazole were reported. The power of the sample size was unfortunately too small to draw conclusions as to the efficacy of prophylaxis...
- Rujescu D, Giegling I, Sato T, Hartmann A, Moller H. Genetic variations in tryptophan hydroxylase in suicidal behavior: analysis and meta-analysis. Biol Psychiatry. 2003;54:465-73 pubmed..Because this variation do not seem to alter functional properties of the TPH gene or protein, functional variations remain to be identified and subsequently tested for association with suicide-related behavior. ..
- Koch W, Hoppmann P, Michou E, Jung V, Pfeufer A, Mueller J, et al. Association of variants in the BAT1-NFKBIL1-LTA genomic region with protection against myocardial infarction in Europeans. Hum Mol Genet. 2007;16:1821-7 pubmed..98, 95% CI 0.83-1.16; P = 0.84). Our finding that protective effects are linked with minor homozygous genotypes and haplotype 1 of the BAT1-NFKBIL1-LTA region in Europeans is opposite to the observation of associated risks in Japanese. ..
- Krauseneck T, Padberg F, Roozendaal B, Grathwohl M, Weis F, Hauer D, et al. A beta-adrenergic antagonist reduces traumatic memories and PTSD symptoms in female but not in male patients after cardiac surgery. Psychol Med. 2010;40:861-9 pubmed publisher..29). beta-Adrenergic stimulation with epinephrine enhances memory for adverse experiences in males but not in females whereas beta-blockade selectively reduces memory for post-operative adverse events and PTSD symptoms in females. ..
- Loos M, Hedderich D, Ottenhausen M, Giese N, Laschinger M, Esposito I, et al. Expression of the costimulatory molecule B7-H3 is associated with prolonged survival in human pancreatic cancer. BMC Cancer. 2009;9:463 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that B7-H3 might play an important role as a potential stimulator of antitumor immune response in pancreatic cancer. ..
- Otto S, Schreyer C, Hafner S, Mast G, Ehrenfeld M, Stürzenbaum S, et al. Bisphosphonate-related osteonecrosis of the jaws - characteristics, risk factors, clinical features, localization and impact on oncological treatment. J Craniomaxillofac Surg. 2012;40:303-9 pubmed publisher..The development of ONJ has a multi-factorial aetiology and the clinical presentation can vary markedly. ONJ cannot only impair the quality of life but also the treatment of the underlying disease. ..
- Kronig H, Julia Falchner K, Odendahl M, Brackertz B, Conrad H, Muck D, et al. PD-1 expression on Melan-A-reactive T cells increases during progression to metastatic disease. Int J Cancer. 2012;130:2327-36 pubmed publisher..05). Correlation of advanced tumor stage with increased A2/Melan-A-multimer(+) PD-1(+) T cells in the peripheral blood suggest that blocking of PD-1 could have therapeutic potential in advanced stage melanoma. ..
- Schmid C, Labopin M, Nagler A, Niederwieser D, Castagna L, Tabrizi R, et al. Treatment, risk factors, and outcome of adults with relapsed AML after reduced intensity conditioning for allogeneic stem cell transplantation. Blood. 2012;119:1599-606 pubmed publisher..0001). Long-term survival was achieved almost exclusively after successful induction of CR by cytoreductive therapy, followed either by donor lymphocyte infusion or second HSCT for consolidation. ..
- Mühlau M, Winkelmann J, Rujescu D, Giegling I, Koutsouleris N, Gaser C, et al. Variation within the Huntington's disease gene influences normal brain structure. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e29809 pubmed publisher..Our study demonstrates that a certain trinucleotide repeat influences normal brain structure in humans. This result may have important implications for the understanding of both the healthy and diseased brain. ..
- Glas J, Seiderer J, Wagner J, Olszak T, Fries C, Tillack C, et al. Analysis of IL12B gene variants in inflammatory bowel disease. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e34349 pubmed publisher..05) but there was no epistasis between IL23R and IL12B variants. The IL12B SNP rs6887695 modulates the susceptibility and the phenotype of IBD, although the effect on IBD susceptibilty is less pronounced than that of IL23R gene variants. ..
- Meggendorfer M, Roller A, Haferlach T, Eder C, Dicker F, Grossmann V, et al. SRSF2 mutations in 275 cases with chronic myelomonocytic leukemia (CMML). Blood. 2012;120:3080-8 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these data show the importance of SRSF2mut as new diagnostic marker in CMML. ..
- Sztrókay A, Herzen J, Auweter S, Liebhardt S, Mayr D, Willner M, et al. Assessment of grating-based X-ray phase-contrast CT for differentiation of invasive ductal carcinoma and ductal carcinoma in situ in an experimental ex vivo set-up. Eur Radiol. 2013;23:381-7 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that unlike conventional CT, grating-based PC-CT may allow the differentiation between invasive carcinoma and intraductal carcinoma and healthy breast tissue and provide 3D visualisation of DCIS. ..
- Gempt J, Forschler A, Buchmann N, Pape H, Ryang Y, Krieg S, et al. Postoperative ischemic changes following resection of newly diagnosed and recurrent gliomas and their clinical relevance. J Neurosurg. 2013;118:801-8 pubmed publisher..Radiogenic and postoperative tissue changes could contribute to the higher risk of an ischemic infarction in patients with recurrent tumors. ..
- Unger K, Niehammer U, Hahn A, Goerdt S, Schumann M, Thum S, et al. Treatment of metastatic colorectal cancer with cetuximab: influence on the quality of life. Z Gastroenterol. 2013;51:733-9 pubmed publisher..If risk factors are present, psycho-oncological therapy should focus on the minimization of depression and on the development of active coping strategies. ..
- Klement R, AllgÃ¤uer M, Andratschke N, Blanck O, Boda Heggemann J, Dieckmann K, et al. Bayesian Cure Rate Modeling of Local Tumor Control: Evaluation in Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy for Pulmonary Metastases. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2016;94:841-9 pubmed publisher..In practice, application of such models to the clinical setting could allow for adaption of treatment doses depending on whether local control should be achieved in the short or longer term. ..
- Nollert G, Oberhoffer M, Reichart B, Vicol C. Combination of the HEARTSTRING proximal seal system with a blower mister: a possible source of gas emboli. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2003;126:1192-4 pubmed
- Glasauer S, von Lindeiner H, Siebold C, Büttner U. Vertical vestibular responses to head impulses are symmetric in downbeat nystagmus. Neurology. 2004;63:621-5 pubmed..Although DBN possibly involves vestibulocerebellar pathways, in the patients that we studied, DBN did not affect the immediate VOR responses in the high-frequency range that corresponds to natural head movements. ..
- Kurz A, Riemenschneider M, Wallin A. Potential biological markers for cerebrovascular disease. Int Psychogeriatr. 2003;15 Suppl 1:89-97 pubmed..Among biochemical markers in the CSF, tau protein, phospho-tau, and beta amyloid protein are helpful to differentiate vascular dementia from Alzheimer's disease. ..
- Dicker F, Haferlach C, Kern W, Haferlach T, Schnittger S. Trisomy 13 is strongly associated with AML1/RUNX1 mutations and increased FLT3 expression in acute myeloid leukemia. Blood. 2007;110:1308-16 pubmed..The results of the present study indicate that in the absence of FLT3 mutations, FLT3 overexpression might be a mechanism for FLT3 activation, which cooperates with RUNX1 mutations in leukemogenesis. ..
- Reichel O, Dressel H, Wiederänders K, Issing W. Double-blind, placebo-controlled trial with esomeprazole for symptoms and signs associated with laryngopharyngeal reflux. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2008;139:414-20 pubmed publisher..However, compared to control, twice-daily PPI treatment for three months demonstrated a significantly greater improvement in laryngeal appearance and LPR symptoms. ..
- Langer R, Ott K, Specht K, Becker K, Lordick F, Burian M, et al. Protein expression profiling in esophageal adenocarcinoma patients indicates association of heat-shock protein 27 expression and chemotherapy response. Clin Cancer Res. 2008;14:8279-87 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the potential of HSPs and GRPs as biomarkers of chemotherapy response warrants further validation. ..
- Linn J, Birkenmaier C, Hoffmann R, Reiser M, Baur Melnyk A. The intravertebral cleft in acute osteoporotic fractures: fluid in magnetic resonance imaging-vacuum in computed tomography?. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2009;34:E88-93 pubmed publisher..This may be due to the negative pressure in the horizontal position in which the fracture site is distracted. intravertebral. ..
- Rominger A, Saam T, Wolpers S, Cyran C, Schmidt M, Foerster S, et al. 18F-FDG PET/CT identifies patients at risk for future vascular events in an otherwise asymptomatic cohort with neoplastic disease. J Nucl Med. 2009;50:1611-20 pubmed publisher..Given the small event rate in the present study, larger, prospective trials of patients without cancer are required to substantiate these promising results. ..
- Schnittger S, Bacher U, Dicker F, Kern W, Alpermann T, Haferlach T, et al. Associations between imatinib resistance conferring mutations and Philadelphia positive clonal cytogenetic evolution in CML. Genes Chromosomes Cancer. 2010;49:910-8 pubmed publisher..Therefore, some KD mutations (e.g., T315I) might be associated with higher genetic instability paving the way to additional cytogenetic and molecular genetic events. ..
- Hoffmann R, Paprottka P, Schön A, Bamberg F, Haug A, Dürr E, et al. Transarterial hepatic yttrium-90 radioembolization in patients with unresectable intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma: factors associated with prolonged survival. Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol. 2012;35:105-16 pubmed publisher..9, 9.8 vs. 2.5 months), respectively (P < 0.001). Radioembolization is an effective and safe option for patients with unresectable ICC. Predictors for prolonged survival are performance status, tumor burden, and RECIST response. ..
- Bruegger D, Schwartz L, Chappell D, Jacob M, Rehm M, Vogeser M, et al. Release of atrial natriuretic peptide precedes shedding of the endothelial glycocalyx equally in patients undergoing on- and off-pump coronary artery bypass surgery. Basic Res Cardiol. 2011;106:1111-21 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that release of ANP may lead to perturbation of the endothelial glycocalyx in both on- and off-pump coronary artery bypass surgery. ..
- Thiermann H, Steinritz D, Worek F, Radtke M, Eyer P, Eyer F, et al. Atropine maintenance dosage in patients with severe organophosphate pesticide poisoning. Toxicol Lett. 2011;206:77-83 pubmed publisher..5 nmol L?¹. Arrhythmias mostly resolved on reinstitution of atropine...
- Lenhard M, Stieber P, Hertlein L, Kirschenhofer A, Fürst S, Mayr D, et al. The diagnostic accuracy of two human epididymis protein 4 (HE4) testing systems in combination with CA125 in the differential diagnosis of ovarian masses. Clin Chem Lab Med. 2011;49:2081-8 pubmed publisher..5 and ROMA(e): 45.5%]. CA125 is still the best single marker in the diagnosis of OC. HE4 alone and even more the combined analysis of CA125 and HE4 using ROMA improve the diagnostic accuracy of adnexal masses, especially in early OC. ..
- Rieger C, Cornely O, Hoppe Tichy T, Kiehl M, Knoth H, Thalheimer M, et al. Treatment cost of invasive fungal disease (Ifd) in patients with acute myelogenous leukaemia (Aml) or myelodysplastic syndrome (Mds) in German hospitals. Mycoses. 2012;55:514-20 pubmed publisher..From the perspective of hospitals in Germany the economic burden of IFD in patients with AML or MDS is substantial. Therefore, prevention of IFD is necessary with respect to both clinical and economic reasons. ..
- Poitz D, Stölzel F, Arabanian L, Friedrichs J, Docheva D, Schieker M, et al. MiR-134-mediated ?1 integrin expression and function in mesenchymal stem cells. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1833:3396-3404 pubmed publisher..The present study demonstrates miR-134-mediated negative regulation of ?1 integrin that influences cell adhesion to and of MSCs. These results further contribute to our understanding of the complexity of MDS. ..
- Vitolo U, Chiappella A, Franceschetti S, Carella A, Baldi I, Inghirami G, et al. Lenalidomide plus R-CHOP21 in elderly patients with untreated diffuse large B-cell lymphoma: results of the REAL07 open-label, multicentre, phase 2 trial. Lancet Oncol. 2014;15:730-7 pubmed publisher..No patients died during the study as a result of toxic effects. Lenalidomide with R-CHOP21 is effective and safe in elderly patients with untreated DLBCL. Fondazione Italiana Linfomi and Celgene. ..
- Perne A, Schmidt F, Hochadel M, Giannitsis E, Darius H, Maier L, et al. Admission heart rate in relation to presentation and prognosis in patients with acute myocardial infarction. Treatment regimens in German chest pain units. Herz. 2016;41:233-40 pubmed publisher..Patients with bradycardia also seem to be at increased risk for cardiovascular events despite much earlier presentation and treatment. ..
- Schmitt Sody M, Kurz S, Reiser M, Kanz K, Kirchhoff C, Peschel O, et al. Analysis of death in major trauma: value of prompt post mortem computed tomography (pmCT) in comparison to office hour autopsy. Scand J Trauma Resusc Emerg Med. 2016;24:38 pubmed publisher..It is advisable to conduct pmCT especially in cases without consent to autopsy to gain information about possible causes of death and to rule out possible clinical errors. ..
- Walter J, Vogl M, Holderried M, Becker C, Brandes A, Sinner M, et al. Manual Compression versus Vascular Closing Device for Closing Access Puncture Site in Femoral Left-Heart Catheterization and Percutaneous Coronary Interventions: A Retrospective Cross-Sectional Comparison of Costs and Effects in Inpatient Care. Value Health. 2017;20:769-776 pubmed publisher..In interventional catheterization, VCDs significantly reduced unadjusted complication rates, as well as costs. A significant reduction in costs also supports their usage in diagnostic catheterization on a larger scale. ..
- Kerkhoff G. Multiple perceptual distortions and their modulation in leftsided visual neglect. Neuropsychologia. 2000;38:1073-86 pubmed..Furthermore, it is hypothesized that these perceptual distortions constitute an important element of the spatial-perceptual deficits encountered in the syndrome, contribute to its severity, but are not the key deficit of the disorder. ..
- Mayer T, Hamann G, Brueckmann H. Treatment of basilar artery embolism with a mechanical extraction device: necessity of flow reversal. Stroke. 2002;33:2232-5 pubmed..Since thrombolysis can also be time consuming and cause bleeding, we investigated the feasibility of a mechanical clot retraction device based on a nitinol basket advanced through a microcatheter...
- Schleypen J, Baur N, Kammerer R, Nelson P, Rohrmann K, Gröne E, et al. Cytotoxic markers and frequency predict functional capacity of natural killer cells infiltrating renal cell carcinoma. Clin Cancer Res. 2006;12:718-25 pubmed..The extent of NK cell infiltration and the expression of markers (CD16 and cytotoxins) predict the functional capacity of NK cells infiltrating renal cell carcinoma and can be used to characterize subgroups of renal cell carcinoma. ..
- Voss B, Bauernschmitt R, Brockmann G, Lange R. Osteosynthetic thoracic stabilization after complete resection of the sternum. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2007;32:391-3 pubmed..In this case report, we describe the successful thoracic stabilization by using transverse plate fixation, which resulted in perfect thoracic stabilization and immediate cessation of pain...
- Schnell O, Mertes G, Standl E. Acarbose and metabolic control in patients with type 2 diabetes with newly initiated insulin therapy. Diabetes Obes Metab. 2007;9:853-8 pubmed..As adjunct administration to newly initiated insulin therapy, acarbose enhances the optimization of blood glucose control in patients with type 2 diabetes. ..
- Weber F, Fontaine B, Cournu Rebeix I, Kroner A, Knop M, Lutz S, et al. IL2RA and IL7RA genes confer susceptibility for multiple sclerosis in two independent European populations. Genes Immun. 2008;9:259-63 pubmed publisher..1 to 1.5. The discovery and validation of new genetic risk factors in independent populations may help toward the understanding of MS pathogenesis by providing valuable information on biological pathways to be investigated. ..