Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on adult in Erlangen, Bavaria, Germany
Locale: Erlangen, Bavaria, Germany
Publications313 found, 100 shown here
- Künzel J, Iro H, Psychogios G, Zenk J, Koch M. Closure of defects after resection of tumors of the oral cavity and the pharynx: medium- to long-term oncologic and functional results with the myocutaneous platysma flap. Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol. 2013;270:2537-45 pubmed publisher..The MPF should be included in the range of surgical methods for closure of small to medium-sized defects in the head and neck region in selected patients. ..
- Nickel F, Ott S, Möhringer S, Saake M, Dorfler A, Seifert F, et al. Brain correlates of short-term habituation to repetitive electrical noxious stimulation. Eur J Pain. 2014;18:56-66 pubmed publisher..This may hint at a simultaneous activation of facilitating and inhibiting nociceptive systems that are both altered in the transdermal electrical pain model. ..
- Fietkau R, Lewitzki V, Kuhnt T, Hölscher T, Hess C, Berger B, et al. A disease-specific enteral nutrition formula improves nutritional status and functional performance in patients with head and neck and esophageal cancer undergoing chemoradiotherapy: results of a randomized, controlled, multicenter trial. Cancer. 2013;119:3343-53 pubmed publisher..Both enteral regimens were safe and well tolerated. Enteral nutrition with EPA and DHA may be advantageous in patients with head and neck or esophageal cancer by improving parameters of nutritional and functional status during CRT. ..
- Preidl R, Schlittenbauer T, Weber M, Neukam F, Wehrhan F. Assessment of free microvascular flap perfusion by intraoperative fluorescence angiography in craniomaxillofacial surgery. J Craniomaxillofac Surg. 2015;43:643-8 pubmed publisher..In the head and neck area, free flaps undergo a significant increase in perfusion but show no differences between varying flap types. ..
- Petridis C, Brook M, Shah V, Kohut K, Gorman P, Caneppele M, et al. Genetic predisposition to ductal carcinoma in situ of the breast. Breast Cancer Res. 2016;18:22 pubmed publisher..0x10(-8). In conclusion, this study provides the strongest evidence to date of a shared genetic susceptibility for IDC and DCIS. Studies with larger numbers of DCIS are needed to determine if IDC or DCIS specific loci exist. ..
- Heinemann K, Wilde B, Hoerning A, Tebbe B, Kribben A, Witzke O, et al. Decreased IL-10(+) regulatory B cells (Bregs) in lupus nephritis patients. Scand J Rheumatol. 2016;45:312-6 pubmed publisher..The proportion was independent of disease activity. This is the first study to demonstrate a decrease in IL-10-producing B cells in LN patients compared to HC, reflecting an impaired regulatory function. ..
- Haycock P, Burgess S, Nounu A, Zheng J, Okoli G, Bowden J, et al. Association Between Telomere Length and Risk of Cancer and Non-Neoplastic Diseases: A Mendelian Randomization Study. JAMA Oncol. 2017;3:636-651 pubmed publisher..28-0.61]) and interstitial lung disease (OR, 0.09 [95% CI, 0.05-0.15]). It is likely that longer telomeres increase risk for several cancers but reduce risk for some non-neoplastic diseases, including cardiovascular diseases. ..
- Cursiefen C, Schlötzer Schrehardt U, Kuchle M, Sorokin L, Breiteneder Geleff S, Alitalo K, et al. Lymphatic vessels in vascularized human corneas: immunohistochemical investigation using LYVE-1 and podoplanin. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2002;43:2127-35 pubmed..Human corneal lymphangiogenesis appears to be correlated with the degree of corneal hemangiogenesis and may at least partially be mediated by VEGF-C and its receptor VEGFR3. ..
- Bittorf B, Stadelmaier U, Gohl J, Hohenberger W, Matzel K. Functional outcome after intersphincteric resection of the rectum with coloanal anastomosis in low rectal cancer. Eur J Surg Oncol. 2004;30:260-5 pubmed..9+/-4.5 vs 13.4+/-4.0, p<0.05, 65+/-20 ml vs 100+/-27 ml, p<0.01). Intersphincteric resection of the rectum leads to impaired post-operative continence. The functional outcome is improved with a colonic J-pouch. ..
- Schwille P, Schmiedl A, Manoharan M. Is calcium oxalate nucleation in postprandial urine of males with idiopathic recurrent calcium urolithiasis related to calcium phosphate nucleation and the intensity of stone formation? Studies allowing insight into a possible role of urinary free ci. Clin Chem Lab Med. 2004;42:283-93 pubmed..22 microm; 4) together with co-precipitation of calcium oxalate and calcium phosphate, low F-Cit and alteration of proteinuria may act in concert and accelerate stones. ..
- Nguyen N, Kuchle M, Naumann G. Quantification of blood-aqueous barrier breakdown after phacoemulsification in Fuchs' heterochromic uveitis. Ophthalmologica. 2005;219:21-5 pubmed..To quantify the breakdown of the blood-aqueous barrier (BAB) following phacoemulsification with posterior chamber lens implantation in eyes with Fuchs' heterochromic uveitis (FHU)...
- Das S, Langenbucher A, Seitz B. Delayed healing of corneal epithelium after phototherapeutic keratectomy for lattice dystrophy. Cornea. 2005;24:283-7 pubmed..These eyes might need additional treatment such as hyaluronic acid drops, autologous serum drops, simultaneous amniotic membrane patching, or even temporary lateral tarsorrhaphy. ..
- Wurzbacher T, Schwarz R, Dollinger M, Hoppe U, Eysholdt U, Lohscheller J. Model-based classification of nonstationary vocal fold vibrations. J Acoust Soc Am. 2006;120:1012-27 pubmed..The nonstationary vocal fold vibrations contain additional information about vocal fold irregularities, which are needed for an objective interpretation and classification of voice disorders. ..
- Weber P, Huemmer H, Reingruber B. Forces to be overcome in correction of pectus excavatum. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2006;132:1369-73 pubmed..Forces necessary to elevate the chest wall were measured at defined intervals during the operation to prospectively assess the effect of peristernal and retrosternal dissection...
- Greiner M, Greiner A, Hirschfelder U. Variance of landmarks in digital evaluations: comparison between CT-based and conventional digital lateral cephalometric radiographs. J Orofac Orthop. 2007;68:290-8 pubmed..The aim of this study was to examine whether bony, dental and soft tissue landmarks could be placed in CT-based lateral cephalograms with the same precision as in conventional digital lateral cephalograms...
- Wassermann S, Scheel S, Hiendlmeyer E, Palmqvist R, Horst D, Hlubek F, et al. p16INK4a is a beta-catenin target gene and indicates low survival in human colorectal tumors. Gastroenterology. 2009;136:196-205.e2 pubmed publisher..The function of p16(INK4A) seems to supersede in this context thus leading to low proliferation. Moreover, these tumor cells seem to govern the outcome of colorectal cancer independently of their proliferation. ..
- Weigelt A, Terekhin P, Kemppainen P, Dorfler A, Forster C. The representation of experimental tooth pain from upper and lower jaws in the human trigeminal pathway. Pain. 2010;149:529-38 pubmed publisher..This lack of discrimination may explain why sometimes it is difficult for patients to locate the exact source of the intraoral clinical pain conditions. ..
- Sahinbegovic E, Dallos T, Aigner E, Axmann R, Engelbrecht M, Schoniger Hekele M, et al. Hereditary hemochromatosis as a risk factor for joint replacement surgery. Am J Med. 2010;123:659-62 pubmed publisher..5%) than the control group (expected rate 0.3%; P=.0001). Hemochromatosis is a risk factor for joint replacement surgery because of severe secondary osteoarthritis. ..
- Dees C, Zerr P, Tomcik M, Beyer C, Horn A, Akhmetshina A, et al. Inhibition of Notch signaling prevents experimental fibrosis and induces regression of established fibrosis. Arthritis Rheum. 2011;63:1396-404 pubmed publisher..These findings might have direct translational implications because different inhibitors of the ?-secretase complex are available and have yielded promising results in cancer trials. ..
- Garreis F, Gottschalt M, Schlorf T, Gläser R, Harder J, Worlitzsch D, et al. Expression and regulation of antimicrobial peptide psoriasin (S100A7) at the ocular surface and in the lacrimal apparatus. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2011;52:4914-22 pubmed publisher..The purpose of this study was to investigate the expression and antimicrobial role of psoriasin at the ocular surface and in the lacrimal apparatus...
- Pasutto F, Keller K, Weisschuh N, Sticht H, Samples J, Yang Y, et al. Variants in ASB10 are associated with open-angle glaucoma. Hum Mol Genet. 2012;21:1336-49 pubmed publisher..02). In conclusion, genetic and molecular analyses provide evidence for ASB10 as a glaucoma-causing gene...
- Meyer S, Zimmermann T. [Congenital disorders of the lungs and airways--survey of cases at the Paediatric Hospital Erlangen in the period 2000 to 2011]. Pneumologie. 2013;67:388-97 pubmed publisher..Clinical symptoms of the disease and associated malformations, diagnostic and therapeutic procedures were discussed...
- Kammerlander A, Marzluf B, Zotter Tufaro C, Aschauer S, Duca F, Bachmann A, et al. T1 Mapping by CMR Imaging: From Histological Validation to Clinical Implication. JACC Cardiovasc Imaging. 2016;9:14-23 pubmed publisher..Its prognostic value on top of established clinical risk factors warrants further investigation in long-term studies. ..
- Kolodziej M, Weischer C, Reinges M, Uhl E, Weigand M, Schwarm F, et al. NDRG2 and NDRG4 Expression Is Altered in Glioblastoma and Influences Survival in Patients with MGMT-methylated Tumors. Anticancer Res. 2016;36:887-97 pubmed..PFS among the patients with glioblastoma with MGMT methylation treated with radiochemotherapy differed significantly in high-expression groups compared to patients without MGMT methlation and without radiochemotherapy (p<0.05). ..
- Muehldorfer S, Schneider T, Hochberger J, Martus P, Hahn E, Ell C. Esophageal achalasia: intrasphincteric injection of botulinum toxin A versus balloon dilation. Endoscopy. 1999;31:517-21 pubmed..As fewer risks are associated with the injection treatment, studies should be undertaken either to identify patient subgroups in whom botulinum toxin can be effective long-term or to test substances with longer-lasting effects. ..
- Jonas J, Budde W, Knorr H. Timing of retinal redetachment after removal of intraocular silicone oil tamponade. Am J Ophthalmol. 1999;128:628-31 pubmed..These data may be important for scheduling reexaminations and for counseling patients in their planned activities after removal of intraocular silicone oil tamponade. ..
- Constantinidis J, Steinhart H, Zenk J, Gassner H, Iro H. Combined surgical lipectomy and liposuction in the treatment of benign symmetrical lipomatosis of the head and neck. Scand J Plast Reconstr Surg Hand Surg. 2003;37:90-6 pubmed..Nevertheless, the advantages and drawbacks of the two techniques should be considered preoperatively. ..
- Manger K, Dechant C, Kalden J, Manger B. Clinical images: Periarticular inflammation in rapidly developing Jaccoud's arthropathy. Arthritis Rheum. 2004;50:1700 pubmed
- Gottwald F, Iro H, Finke C, Zenk J. Thoracic duct cysts: a rare differential diagnosis. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2005;132:330-3 pubmed..Between 1998 and 2002, 5 patients presented to our department with the primary symptom of a palpable soft left-supracavicular swelling that could be displaced relative to adjacent structures...
- Stadlbauer A, Ganslandt O, Buslei R, Hammen T, Gruber S, Moser E, et al. Gliomas: histopathologic evaluation of changes in directionality and magnitude of water diffusion at diffusion-tensor MR imaging. Radiology. 2006;240:803-10 pubmed..001) and percentage TI (P < .001) were significant. FA is better than mean diffusivity for assessment and delineation of different degrees of pathologic changes (ie, TI) in glioma. ..
- Hilz M. Peripheral nervous system involvement in Fabry disease: role in morbidity and mortality. Clin Ther. 2007;29 Suppl A:S11-2 pubmed
- Szentmary N, Langenbucher A, Kus M, Naumann G, Seitz B. Long-term refractive results of elliptical excimer laser penetrating keratoplasty (EELPK). Curr Eye Res. 2007;32:953-9 pubmed..0/1.0; 1.9/0.9; p=0.01) compared to all-suture-in values. EELPK is effective in improving visual acuity. Despite topographic regularization, an increase of refractive more than keratometric astigmatism may occur after suture removal. ..
- Binder H, Dittrich R, Hager I, Muller A, Oeser S, Beckmann M, et al. Association of FSH receptor and CYP19A1 gene variations with sterility and ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome. Reproduction. 2008;135:107-16 pubmed..The other FSHR coding gene variations and CYP19A1 rs10046 investigated are most likely not involved in the aetiology of iatrogenic OHSS or sterility. ..
- Polzer K, Baeten D, Soleiman A, Distler J, Gerlag D, Tak P, et al. Tumour necrosis factor blockade increases lymphangiogenesis in murine and human arthritic joints. Ann Rheum Dis. 2008;67:1610-6 pubmed publisher..This finding leads to the assumption that promotion of lymphangiogenesis may play an important part in efflux of cells and fluid out of the inflamed tissue. ..
- Strissel P, Oppelt P, Cupisti S, Stiegler E, Beckmann M, Strick R. Assessment of pituitary and steroid hormones and members of the TGF-beta superfamily for ovarian function in patients with congenital uterus and vaginal aplasia (MRKH syndrome). Horm Metab Res. 2009;41:408-13 pubmed publisher..A model is discussed regarding our findings and the loss of ovarian-uterine communication...
- Seifert F, Kiefer G, DeCol R, Schmelz M, Maihofner C. Differential endogenous pain modulation in complex-regional pain syndrome. Brain. 2009;132:788-800 pubmed publisher..Thus, we hypothesize that differential activity in endogenous pain modulating systems may be not only a result of CRPS, but a potential risk factor for its development...
- Pollhammer M, Cursiefen C. Bacterial keratitis early after corneal crosslinking with riboflavin and ultraviolet-A. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2009;35:588-9 pubmed publisher..This is the first report of a case of rare postoperative complication resulted in an avascularized corneal scar and permanent reduction of the visual acuity. ..
- Huffmeier U, Estivill X, Riveira Munoz E, Traupe H, Wendler J, Lohmann J, et al. Deletion of LCE3C and LCE3B genes at PSORS4 does not contribute to susceptibility to psoriatic arthritis in German patients. Ann Rheum Dis. 2010;69:876-8 pubmed publisher..This genetic association was subsequently confirmed in a German cohort...
- Munoz L, Janko C, Grossmayer G, Frey B, Voll R, Kern P, et al. Remnants of secondarily necrotic cells fuel inflammation in systemic lupus erythematosus. Arthritis Rheum. 2009;60:1733-42 pubmed publisher..Autoantibody-mediated phagocytosis of SNEC is accompanied by secretion of inflammatory cytokines, fueling the inflammation that contributes to the perpetuation of autoimmunity in SLE. ..
- Croner R, Merkel S, Papadopoulos T, Schellerer V, Hohenberger W, Goehl J. Multivisceral resection for colon carcinoma. Dis Colon Rectum. 2009;52:1381-6 pubmed publisher..The purpose of this study was to investigate the value of multivisceral resection in primary colon carcinomas and factors influencing its success...
- Pasutto F, Chavarria Soley G, Mardin C, Michels Rautenstrauss K, Ingelman Sundberg M, Fernandez Martinez L, et al. Heterozygous loss-of-function variants in CYP1B1 predispose to primary open-angle glaucoma. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2010;51:249-54 pubmed publisher..85; P = 2.3 x 10(-7)). Heterozygous CYP1B1 mutations with absent or reduced relative enzymatic activity can be considered a risk factor for POAG. ..
- Heiland G, Aigner E, Dallos T, Sahinbegovic E, Krenn V, Thaler C, et al. Synovial immunopathology in haemochromatosis arthropathy. Ann Rheum Dis. 2010;69:1214-9 pubmed publisher..Accumulation of neutrophils may be crucial for the production of matrix enzymes, which enables cartilage degradation and more rapidly progressive articular damage. ..
- Kress A, Kalmer M, Rowan A, Grassmann R, Fleckenstein B. The tumor marker Fascin is strongly induced by the Tax oncoprotein of HTLV-1 through NF-kappaB signals. Blood. 2011;117:3609-12 pubmed publisher..Nuclear factor-?B signals were important for Tax-mediated transcriptional regulation of Fascin in T cells. This suggests that Fascin up-regulation by Tax contributes to the development of HTLV-1-associated pathogenesis...
- Akhmetshina A, Palumbo K, Dees C, Bergmann C, Venalis P, Zerr P, et al. Activation of canonical Wnt signalling is required for TGF-?-mediated fibrosis. Nat Commun. 2012;3:735 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that canonical Wnt signalling is necessary for TGF-?-mediated fibrosis and highlight a key role for the interaction of both pathways in the pathogenesis of fibrotic diseases. ..
- Sauer R, Liersch T, Merkel S, Fietkau R, Hohenberger W, Hess C, et al. Preoperative versus postoperative chemoradiotherapy for locally advanced rectal cancer: results of the German CAO/ARO/AIO-94 randomized phase III trial after a median follow-up of 11 years. J Clin Oncol. 2012;30:1926-33 pubmed publisher..However, after a median follow-up of 46 months, no survival benefit could be shown. Here, we report long-term results with a median follow-up of 134 months...
- Hofheinz K, Ganzleben I, Schliep S, Wacker J, Schett G, Manger B. [Scurvy. A rare differential diagnosis of rheumatic diseases]. Z Rheumatol. 2016;75:166-72 pubmed publisher..Scurvy is a rare differential diagnosis in the context of rheumatic diseases. The indications for scurvy can be a lack of response to immunosuppressive and immunomodulatory drugs as well as individual symptoms, such as corkscrew hair. ..
- Günther K, Dworak O, Remke S, Pflüger R, Merkel S, Hohenberger W, et al. Prediction of distant metastases after curative surgery for rectal cancer. J Surg Res. 2002;103:68-78 pubmed..In contrast to the immunohistochemical markers, grading seems to better reflect the individual tumor phenotype and its behavior. ..
- Kuefner M, Schwelberger H, Ulrich P, Hahn E, Raithel M. Total histamine degradation capacity (THDC) as an important biological marker of histamine metabolism in human colonic mucosa. Inflamm Res. 2002;51 Suppl 1:S87-8 pubmed
- Dutsch M, Marthol H, Michelson G, Neundörfer B, Hilz M. Pupillography refines the diagnosis of diabetic autonomic neuropathy. J Neurol Sci. 2004;222:75-81 pubmed..LRP demonstrates sympathetic and parasympathetic pupillary dysfunction independently from PN or CAN and thus refines the diagnosis of autonomic neuropathy in type-II diabetics. ..
- Lell M, Tudor C, Aigner T, Kessler P. Primary intraosseous meningioma of the mandible: CT and MR imaging features. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2007;28:129-31 pubmed..The CT and MR imaging features of mandibular meningioma are reviewed with reference to prior published descriptions of this unusual entity. ..
- Kuefner M, Schwelberger H, Hahn E, Raithel M. Decreased histamine catabolism in the colonic mucosa of patients with colonic adenoma. Dig Dis Sci. 2008;53:436-42 pubmed..A significant correlation was found between HNMT and DAO in all investigated samples. Histamine concentrations were elevated in adenoma patients. Histamine catabolism is decreased in the colonic mucosa of patients with colonic adenoma. ..
- Adamietz B, Sauer R, Keilholz L. [Radiotherapy for shoulder impingement]. Strahlenther Onkol. 2008;184:245-50 pubmed publisher..This study aimed for the exact diagnosis to indicate therapy and to classify the results according to the Constant score...
- Hillemacher T, Weinland C, Heberlein A, Wilhelm J, Bayerlein K, Kornhuber J, et al. Treatment with clomethiazole is associated with lower rates of premature discharge during alcohol withdrawal. Pharmacopsychiatry. 2008;41:134-7 pubmed publisher..The present findings show that pharmacotherapy with clomethiazole may positively influence the risk of premature discharge. This might be a consequence of the psychoactive properties of the drug which leads to positive reinforcement. ..
- Scholz K, Messner A, Eppig T, Bruenner H, Langenbucher A. Topography-based assessment of anterior corneal curvature and asphericity as a function of age, sex, and refractive status. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2009;35:1046-54 pubmed publisher..Thus, proper correction of spherical aberration with intraocular lenses (IOLs) requires sophisticated selection of the asphericity of IOL surfaces based on biometric data and individual corneal Q values. ..
- Hornung J, Brase C, Bozzato A, Zenk J, Schick B, Iro H. Retrospective analysis of the results of implanting Nitinol pistons with heat-crimping piston loops in stapes surgery. Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol. 2010;267:27-34 pubmed publisher..However, no long-term results after 10 years or more, which would allow a final judgment, are yet available...
- Wilhelm I, Tzabazis A, Likar R, Sittl R, Griessinger N. Long-term treatment of neuropathic pain with a 5% lidocaine medicated plaster. Eur J Anaesthesiol. 2010;27:169-73 pubmed publisher..There were no systemic side effects. The 5% lidocaine medicated plaster provides sustained pain relief over long-term treatment in patients with neuropathic pain of various causes and is well tolerated. ..
- Karatzanis A, Waldfahrer F, Psychogios G, Hornung J, Zenk J, Velegrakis G, et al. Resection margins and other prognostic factors regarding surgically treated glottic carcinomas. J Surg Oncol. 2010;101:131-6 pubmed publisher..The prognostic value of negative surgical margins for the treatment of glottic cancer cannot be overestimated. Responsibility of the surgeon during primary surgical treatment of glottic carcinomas is emphasized. ..
- Clepce M, Gossler A, Reich K, Kornhuber J, Thuerauf N. The relation between depression, anhedonia and olfactory hedonic estimates--a pilot study in major depression. Neurosci Lett. 2010;471:139-43 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate the need for (1) confirmatory studies in severe melancholic depression and (2) investigation of the impact of anhedonia on olfactory hedonics in psychiatric diseases other than major depression. ..
- ..Therefore, each clinical rheumatologist should be aware of the cardinal symptoms of lysosomal storage diseases...
- Heindl L, Treutlein E, Jünemann A, Kruse F, Holbach L. [Selective lacrimal sac biopsy for external dacryocystorhinostomy: a clinical pathological study]. Ophthalmologe. 2010;107:1139-44 pubmed publisher..External dacryocystorhinostomy with selective biopsy for atypical clinical and intraoperative findings allows safe diagnosis and management of potentially life-threatening lacrimal lesions. ..
- Wenkel E, Janka R, Uder M, Doellinger M, Melzer K, Schulz Wendtland R, et al. Does direct MR galactography have the potential to become an alternative diagnostic tool in patients with pathological nipple discharge?. Clin Imaging. 2011;35:85-93 pubmed publisher..023). Duct localization with dMRG was possible with the same reliability as with CGal. Thus, dMRG may have the potential to become an alternative method to CGal. ..
- Lermann J, Mueller A, Wiesinger E, Haberle L, Brucker S, Wallwiener D, et al. Comparison of different diagnostic procedures for the staging of malformations associated with Mayer-Rokitansky-Küster-Hauser syndrome. Fertil Steril. 2011;96:156-9 pubmed publisher..To compare different diagnostic procedures for staging malformations associated with Mayer-Rokitansky-Küster-Hauser (MRKH) syndrome...
- Perrakis A, Muller V, Oeckl K, Adamietz B, Demir R, Hohenberger W, et al. Indications and long-term outcome after elective surgery for hepatocellular adenoma. Am Surg. 2012;78:80-5 pubmed..Elective liver resection for HA is a safe procedure and results in a good long-term outcome. ..
- Grabenbauer A, Grabenbauer A, Lengenfelder R, Grabenbauer G, Distel L. Feasibility of a 12-month-exercise intervention during and after radiation and chemotherapy in cancer patients: impact on quality of life, peak oxygen consumption, and body composition. Radiat Oncol. 2016;11:42 pubmed publisher..In addition, a 90 %-adherence rate to the PE-programme beyond 6 months was encouraging. Further randomized prospective data in a larger patient population will be collected comparing the impact of two versus four months supervision. ..
- de Zwaan M, Herpertz S, Zipfel S, Svaldi J, Friederich H, Schmidt F, et al. Effect of Internet-Based Guided Self-help vs Individual Face-to-Face Treatment on Full or Subsyndromal Binge Eating Disorder in Overweight or Obese Patients: The INTERBED Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA Psychiatry. 2017;74:987-995 pubmed publisher..Although cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) represents the criterion standard for treatment of binge eating disorder (BED), most individuals do not have access to this specialized treatment...
- Mergell P, Herzel H, Titze I. Irregular vocal-fold vibration--high-speed observation and modeling. J Acoust Soc Am. 2000;108:2996-3002 pubmed..In particular, several phase-locked episodes ranging from 4:5 to 2:3 rhythms are generated realistically with the model. ..
- Aigner T, Gebhard P, Schmid E, Bau B, Harley V, Poschl E. SOX9 expression does not correlate with type II collagen expression in adult articular chondrocytes. Matrix Biol. 2003;22:363-72 pubmed..However, SOX9 might still be involved in maintaining the chondrocytic phenotype in normal and osteoarthritic cartilage. ..
- Nkenke E, Weisbach V, Winckler E, Kessler P, Schultze Mosgau S, Wiltfang J, et al. Morbidity of harvesting of bone grafts from the iliac crest for preprosthetic augmentation procedures: a prospective study. Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2004;33:157-63 pubmed..724). Because of the lower morbidity of bone harvest from the posterior ilium in the early postoperative phase compared to the anterior approach it seems that it should be preferred in elective augmentation procedures. ..
- Gesslein M, Koscheck T, Kusch B. [Capillary hemangioma of the colon as a rare cause of intussusception in adults]. Dtsch Med Wochenschr. 2004;129:1970-2 pubmed..A 39-year-old patient presented with a history of constipation, abdominal pain and nausea. Magnetic resonance imaging showed a colonic tumour. Biopsy of the tumour did not reveal the diagnosis...
- Frieling H, Römer K, Wilhelm J, Hillemacher T, Kornhuber J, de Zwaan M, et al. Association of catecholamine-O-methyltransferase and 5-HTTLPR genotype with eating disorder-related behavior and attitudes in females with eating disorders. Psychiatr Genet. 2006;16:205-8 pubmed..These polymorphisms may predispose their carriers to exhibit certain symptoms of eating disorders or confer a general risk for more severe forms of these disorders. ..
- Schmidt J, Albrecht S, Petterich N, Fechner J, Klein P, Irouschek A. [Priming technique with cisatracurium Onset time at the laryngeal muscles]. Anaesthesist. 2007;56:992-1000 pubmed..The aim of this study was to compare a bolus application and a priming technique with respect to the laryngeal onset time and peak effect...
- Herman S, Müller R, Kronke G, Zwerina J, Redlich K, Hueber A, et al. Induction of osteoclast-associated receptor, a key osteoclast costimulation molecule, in rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Rheum. 2008;58:3041-50 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that the osteoclast costimulation pathway is activated in RA. OSCAR is induced in monocytes of RA patients, facilitating their differentiation into osteoclasts and bone resorption. ..
- Kiphuth I, Kohrmann M, Kuramatsu J, Mauer C, Breuer L, Schellinger P, et al. Retrospective agreement and consent to neurocritical care is influenced by functional outcome. Crit Care. 2010;14:R144 pubmed publisher..Efforts should be undertaken to identify predictors for severe disability after neurocritical care. ..
- Sahinbegovic E, Dallos T, Aigner E, Axmann R, Manger B, Englbrecht M, et al. Musculoskeletal disease burden of hereditary hemochromatosis. Arthritis Rheum. 2010;62:3792-8 pubmed publisher..Arthritis is a frequent, early, and severe symptom of hemochromatosis. Disease is not confined to involvement of the metacarpophalangeal joints and often leads to severe damage requiring the replacement of joints. ..
- Schade U, Meinecke C. Texture segmentation: do the processing units on the saliency map increase with eccentricity?. Vision Res. 2011;51:1-12 pubmed publisher..It is assumed that additionally to the target eccentricity, also the strength of a saliency signal can determine the spatial area of its impairing influence. ..
- Reppert S, Boross I, Koslowski M, Tureci O, Koch S, Lehr H, et al. A role for T-bet-mediated tumour immune surveillance in anti-IL-17A treatment of lung cancer. Nat Commun. 2011;2:600 pubmed publisher..Local anti-interleukin-17A antibody treatment partially improves the survival of T-bet((-/-)) mice. These results suggest that local anti-interleukin-17A antibody therapy could be considered for the treatment of lung tumours. ..
- Kohl Z, Winner B, Ubhi K, Rockenstein E, Mante M, Münch M, et al. Fluoxetine rescues impaired hippocampal neurogenesis in a transgenic A53T synuclein mouse model. Eur J Neurosci. 2012;35:10-9 pubmed publisher..This study underlines the large potential of SSRI-dependent mechanisms to stimulate adult hippocampal neurogenesis in alpha-synuclein models and may lead to novel means to improve neuropsychiatric symptoms in PD. ..
- Donhauser N, Pritschet K, Helm M, Harrer T, Schuster P, Ries M, et al. Chronic immune activation in HIV-1 infection contributes to reduced interferon alpha production via enhanced CD40:CD40 ligand interaction. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e33925 pubmed publisher..Our data support the conclusion that the chronic immune activation in HIV-1 infection impairs peripheral PDC innate immune responses at least in part via enhanced CD40:CD40L interactions. ..
- Agaimy A, Ihrler S, Märkl B, Lell M, Zenk J, Hartmann A, et al. Lipomatous salivary gland tumors: a series of 31 cases spanning their morphologic spectrum with emphasis on sialolipoma and oncocytic lipoadenoma. Am J Surg Pathol. 2013;37:128-37 pubmed publisher..Oncocytic lipoadenoma is an epithelial-predominant tumor that is distinct from the fat-dominated nononcocytic sialolipoma, but the 2 types seem to merge in some cases...
- Schaal U, Grenz S, Merkel S, Rau T, Hadjihannas M, Kremmer E, et al. Expression and localization of axin 2 in colorectal carcinoma and its clinical implication. Int J Colorectal Dis. 2013;28:1469-78 pubmed publisher..The generally increased expression of axin 2 in all tumor stages as compared to normal tissue suggests an initiating pathogenic function in the development of CRC. ..
- Zweier C, Kraus C, Brueton L, Cole T, Degenhardt F, Engels H, et al. A new face of Borjeson-Forssman-Lehmann syndrome? De novo mutations in PHF6 in seven females with a distinct phenotype. J Med Genet. 2013;50:838-47 pubmed publisher..It shows overlap with BFLS but also additional distinct features, thus adding a new facet to this disorder. ..
- Rogler A, Hoja S, Socher E, Nolte E, Wach S, Wieland W, et al. Role of two single nucleotide polymorphisms in secreted frizzled related protein 1 and bladder cancer risk. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2013;6:1984-98 pubmed..The onset of bladder seems to be associated with the increased occurrence of the T-allele in rs3242. ..
- Beyer T, Lassen M, Boellaard R, Delso G, Yaqub M, Sattler B, et al. Investigating the state-of-the-art in whole-body MR-based attenuation correction: an intra-individual, inter-system, inventory study on three clinical PET/MR systems. MAGMA. 2016;29:75-87 pubmed publisher..These differences currently limit the quantitative use of PET/MR in multi-center imaging studies. ..
- Rathmann N, Budjan J, Mari F, Grimm R, Attenberger U, Kostrzewa M, et al. Semiautomatic Whole-lesion Apparent Diffusion Coefficient Assessment for Early Prediction of Liver Tumor Response to Radioembolization. Anticancer Res. 2016;36:2961-6 pubmed..Semiautomatic, software-based ADC volume measurements seem to offer a clinically valuable parameter for early prediction of therapy response in patients after RE. ..
- Hahnen E, Lederer B, Hauke J, Loibl S, Kröber S, Schneeweiss A, et al. Germline Mutation Status, Pathological Complete Response, and Disease-Free Survival in Triple-Negative Breast Cancer: Secondary Analysis of the GeparSixto Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA Oncol. 2017;3:1378-1385 pubmed publisher..clinicaltrials.gov Identifier: NCT01426880. ..
- Riedl B, Nischik M, Birklein F, Neundorfer B, Handwerker H. Spatial extension of sudomotor axon reflex sweating in human skin. J Auton Nerv Syst. 1998;69:83-8 pubmed..This novel technique of establishing sweat responses provides information on the size of sudomotor innervation territories and may be useful for clinical studies in patients with suspected impairment of sympathetic functions...