Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on zebrafish in Karlsruhe, Baden Württemberg, Germany
Locale: Karlsruhe, Baden Württemberg, Germany
- Peukert D, Weber S, Lumsden A, Scholpp S. Lhx2 and Lhx9 determine neuronal differentiation and compartition in the caudal forebrain by regulating Wnt signaling. PLoS Biol. 2011;9:e1001218 pubmed publisher..We therefore suggest that after initial neural tube patterning, neurogenesis within a brain compartment influences the integrity of the neuronal progenitor pool and border formation of a neuromeric compartment. ..
- Etard C, Roostalu U, Strahle U. Lack of Apobec2-related proteins causes a dystrophic muscle phenotype in zebrafish embryos. J Cell Biol. 2010;189:527-39 pubmed publisher..Because the only known function of Unc45b is that of a chaperone, Apo2 proteins may be clients of Unc45b but other yet unidentified processes cannot be excluded. ..
- Hadzhiev Y, Lele Z, Schindler S, Wilson S, Ahlberg P, Strahle U, et al. Hedgehog signaling patterns the outgrowth of unpaired skeletal appendages in zebrafish. BMC Dev Biol. 2007;7:75 pubmed..The median fins evolved before paired fins in early craniates, thus the patterning of the median fins may be an ancestral mechanism that controls the outgrowth of skeletogenic appendages in vertebrates. ..
- März M, Schmidt R, Rastegar S, Strahle U. Regenerative response following stab injury in the adult zebrafish telencephalon. Dev Dyn. 2011;240:2221-31 pubmed publisher..Remarkably, the proliferative response is almost completely restricted to the lesioned hemisphere indicating that signals inducing regeneration remain mainly confined within the lesioned half of the telencephalon. ..
- Langhauser M, Ustinova J, Rivera Milla E, Ivannikov D, Seidl C, Slomka C, et al. Ncam1a and Ncam1b: two carriers of polysialic acid with different functions in the developing zebrafish nervous system. Glycobiology. 2012;22:196-209 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these findings suggest that the genome duplication in the teleost lineage has provided the basis for a functional diversification of polySia carriers in the nervous system. ..
- März M, Schmidt R, Rastegar S, Strahle U. Expression of the transcription factor Olig2 in proliferating cells in the adult zebrafish telencephalon. Dev Dyn. 2010;239:3336-49 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we detected at least five different classes of olig2-positive cells in the telencephalon of the adult zebrafish. ..
- Yang L, Rastegar S, Strahle U. Regulatory interactions specifying Kolmer-Agduhr interneurons. Development. 2010;137:2713-22 pubmed publisher..Instead, olig2 and gata3 are required for the differentiation of gad67-expressing KA' cells. This suggests that the layout of regulatory networks is crucially dependent on the lineage that differs between KA' and KA' cells. ..
- März M, Chapouton P, Diotel N, Vaillant C, Hesl B, Takamiya M, et al. Heterogeneity in progenitor cell subtypes in the ventricular zone of the zebrafish adult telencephalon. Glia. 2010;58:870-88 pubmed publisher..On the basis of the marker gene expression and distinct cell morphologies, we propose a classification for the dividing cell states at the zebrafish adult telencephalic VZ. ..
- Lam C, März M, Strahle U. gfap and nestin reporter lines reveal characteristics of neural progenitors in the adult zebrafish brain. Dev Dyn. 2009;238:475-86 pubmed publisher..Together, these two transgenic lines reveal a conserved feature of putative NSC in the adult zebrafish brain and provide a means for the identification and manipulation of these cells in vivo. ..
- Rastegar S, Hess I, Dickmeis T, Nicod J, Ertzer R, Hadzhiev Y, et al. The words of the regulatory code are arranged in a variable manner in highly conserved enhancers. Dev Biol. 2008;318:366-77 pubmed publisher..Rather, it represents a less well-conserved layer of sequence organization within these sequences. ..
- Etard C, Roostalu U, Strahle U. Shuttling of the chaperones Unc45b and Hsp90a between the A band and the Z line of the myofibril. J Cell Biol. 2008;180:1163-75 pubmed publisher..Our data are consistent with a differential affinity model as an explanation for the shuttling of the chaperones between the Z line and myosin. ..
- Yang L, Kemadjou J, Zinsmeister C, Bauer M, Legradi J, Muller F, et al. Transcriptional profiling reveals barcode-like toxicogenomic responses in the zebrafish embryo. Genome Biol. 2007;8:R227 pubmed..Our work provides proof-of-principle for the use of the zebrafish embryo as a toxicogenomic model and highlights its potential for systematic, large-scale analysis of the effects of chemicals on the developing vertebrate embryo. ..
- Lam C, Rastegar S, Strahle U. Distribution of cannabinoid receptor 1 in the CNS of zebrafish. Neuroscience. 2006;138:83-95 pubmed..Collectively, our data indicate the propensity of zebrafish cb1 to participate in multiple neurological processes. ..
- Scholpp S, Lumsden A. Building a bridal chamber: development of the thalamus. Trends Neurosci. 2010;33:373-80 pubmed publisher..The most prominent of the organizer's signals, Sonic hedgehog, is necessary for conferring regional identity on the prethalamus and thalamus and for patterning their differentiation. ..
- Singh S, Sethi S, Aravamudhan S, Kruger M, Grabher C. Proteome mapping of adult zebrafish marrow neutrophils reveals partial cross species conservation to human peripheral neutrophils. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e73998 pubmed publisher..This study provides the first zebrafish neutrophil proteome and may serve as a valuable resource for an understanding of neutrophil biology and innate immunity. ..