Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on xenopus laevis in Ulm, Baden Württemberg, Germany
Locale: Ulm, Baden Württemberg, Germany
Topic: xenopus laevis
- Cao Y, Siegel D, Oswald F, Knöchel W. Oct25 represses transcription of nodal/activin target genes by interaction with signal transducers during Xenopus gastrulation. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:34168-77 pubmed publisher..Our results provide a novel view in that Oct25 controls the nodal/activin pathway and thus maintains the undifferentiated state of embryonic cells in preventing them from premature differentiation. ..
- Gessert S, Schmeisser M, Tao S, Boeckers T, K hl M. The spatio-temporal expression of ProSAP/shank family members and their interaction partner LAPSER1 during Xenopus laevis development. Dev Dyn. 2011;240:1528-36 pubmed publisher..Thus, we suggest that members of the ProSAP/Shank family and LAPSER1 not only play a role in PSD formation and plasticity, but also during embryonic development...
- Hassnain Waqas S, Noble A, Hoang A, Ampem G, Popp M, Straus S, et al. Adipose tissue macrophages develop from bone marrow-independent progenitors in Xenopus laevis and mouse. J Leukoc Biol. 2017;102:845-855 pubmed publisher..In summary, this study provides evidence for a prenatal origin of ATMs and shows that the study of amphibian ATMs can enhance the understanding of the role of the prenatal environment in ATM development. ..
- Seigfried F, Cizelsky W, Pfister A, Dietmann P, Walther P, Kuhl M, et al. Frizzled 3 acts upstream of Alcam during embryonic eye development. Dev Biol. 2017;426:69-83 pubmed publisher..Altogether our study reveals that alcam is activated through non-canonical Wnt signalling during embryonic eye development in Xenopus laevis and shows that this pathway plays a similar role in different tissues. ..
- Cizelsky W, Tata A, Kuhl M, Kühl S. The Wnt/JNK signaling target gene alcam is required for embryonic kidney development. Development. 2014;141:2064-74 pubmed publisher..Moreover, our data indicate that regulation of morphogenesis by non-canonical Wnt ligands also involves direct transcriptional responses in addition to the effects on a post-translational level. ..
- Schuff M, Siegel D, Philipp M, Bundschu K, Heymann N, Donow C, et al. Characterization of Danio rerio Nanog and functional comparison to Xenopus Vents. Stem Cells Dev. 2012;21:1225-38 pubmed publisher..Depletion of Nanog in zebrafish cannot be rescued by ectopic expression of Xvent, and Xvent depletion in Xenopus cannot be overcome by ectopic expression of zebrafish Nanog...
- Guo Y, Christine K, Conlon F, Gessert S, Kuhl M. Expression analysis of epb41l4a during Xenopus laevis embryogenesis. Dev Genes Evol. 2011;221:113-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, epbl41l4a is expressed in tissues undergoing morphogenetic movements, suggesting a functional role of epbl41l4a during these processes. ..
- Wacker S, Alvarado C, von Wichert G, Knippschild U, Wiedenmann J, Clauss K, et al. RITA, a novel modulator of Notch signalling, acts via nuclear export of RBP-J. EMBO J. 2011;30:43-56 pubmed publisher..Thus, we propose that RITA acts as a negative modulator of the Notch signalling pathway, controlling the level of nuclear RBP-J/CBF-1, where its amounts are limiting...
- Schuff M, Siegel D, Bardine N, Oswald F, Donow C, Knöchel W. FoxO genes are dispensable during gastrulation but required for late embryogenesis in Xenopus laevis. Dev Biol. 2010;337:259-73 pubmed publisher..Our observations suggest that FoxO genes in X. laevis are dispensable until blastopore closure but are required for tissue differentiation and organogenesis. ..
- Schuff M, Rössner A, Wacker S, Donow C, Gessert S, Knöchel W. FoxN3 is required for craniofacial and eye development of Xenopus laevis. Dev Dyn. 2007;236:226-39 pubmed
- Schuff M, Rössner A, Donow C, Knöchel W. Temporal and spatial expression patterns of FoxN genes in Xenopus laevis embryos. Int J Dev Biol. 2006;50:429-34 pubmed..FoxN4 was expressed in the early eye field and later in the developing retina cells, the nephrostomes of the pronephric kidney and in the midbrain. A ubiquitous expression of FoxN5 was found in early cleavage stage embryos. ..
- Pohl B, Rössner A, Knöchel W. The Fox gene family in Xenopus laevis:FoxI2, FoxM1 and FoxP1 in early development. Int J Dev Biol. 2005;49:53-8 pubmed..xlFoxP1 is activated during organogenesis and is mainly expressed in the brain, head mesenchyme and in the splanchnic layer of the lateral plate mesoderm. ..
- Wuttke T, Seebohm G, Bail S, Maljevic S, Lerche H. The new anticonvulsant retigabine favors voltage-dependent opening of the Kv7.2 (KCNQ2) channel by binding to its activation gate. Mol Pharmacol. 2005;67:1009-17 pubmed..We propose that RTG binds to a hydrophobic pocket formed upon channel opening between the cytoplasmic parts of S5 and S6 involving Trp236 and the channel's gate, which could well explain the strong shift in voltage-dependent activation...
- Horn E. The development of gravity sensory systems during periods of altered gravity dependent sensory input. Adv Space Biol Med. 2003;9:133-71 pubmed..The International Space Station (ISS) is the necessary platform of excellence if biological research is focussed on the analysis of long-term space effects on organisms. ..
- Braun M, Wunderlin M, Spieth K, Knöchel W, Gierschik P, Moepps B. Xenopus laevis Stromal cell-derived factor 1: conservation of structure and function during vertebrate development. J Immunol. 2002;168:2340-7 pubmed
- Knochel S, Dillinger K, Koster M, Knochel W. Structure and expression of Xenopus tropicalis BMP-2 and BMP-4 genes. Mech Dev. 2001;109:79-82 pubmed..Although the overall patterns are very similar to those found in X. laevis, there is some distinct difference which might result from the accelerated development in X. tropicalis. ..
- Cao Y, Siegel D, Knöchel W. Xenopus POU factors of subclass V inhibit activin/nodal signaling during gastrulation. Mech Dev. 2006;123:614-25 pubmed..We conclude that Xenopus Oct proteins are required to control the levels of embryonic signaling pathways, thereby ensuring the correct specification of germ layers. ..
- Tecza A, Bugner V, K hl M, K hl S. Pescadillo homologue 1 and Peter Pan function during Xenopus laevis pronephros development. Biol Cell. 2011;103:483-98 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that pes1 and ppan are required for Xenopus pronephros development and indicate that their function in the pronephros is independent of their role in ribosome biosynthesis...
- Tao S, Kuhl M, Kühl S. Expression of periostin during Xenopus laevis embryogenesis. Dev Genes Evol. 2011;221:247-54 pubmed publisher..Our results implicate a role of postn during Xenopus embryogenesis and represent a good starting point for future functional analyses. ..