Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on tertiary protein structure in Heidelberg, Baden Württemberg, Germany
Locale: Heidelberg, Baden Württemberg, Germany
Topic: tertiary protein structure
Publications144 found, 100 shown here
- Gould C, Diella F, Via A, Puntervoll P, Gemund C, Chabanis Davidson S, et al. ELM: the status of the 2010 eukaryotic linear motif resource. Nucleic Acids Res. 2010;38:D167-80 pubmed publisher..Using the links, researchers can explore the motifs, proteins, complex structures and associated literature to evaluate whether candidate motifs might be worth experimental investigation...
- Brückner K, Perez L, Clausen H, Cohen S. Glycosyltransferase activity of Fringe modulates Notch-Delta interactions. Nature. 2000;406:411-5 pubmed..We suggest that cell-type-specific modification of glycosylation may provide a general mechanism to regulate ligand-receptor interactions in vivo. ..
- T r I, Thore S, Mayer C, Basquin J, S raphin B, Suck D. RNA binding in an Sm core domain: X-ray structure and functional analysis of an archaeal Sm protein complex. EMBO J. 2001;20:2293-303 pubmed publisher..A comparison with the structures of human Sm protein dimers reveals closely related monomer folds and intersubunit contacts, indicating that the architecture of the Sm core domain and RNA binding have been conserved during evolution...
- Herold A, Klymenko T, Izaurralde E. NXF1/p15 heterodimers are essential for mRNA nuclear export in Drosophila. RNA. 2001;7:1768-80 pubmed..We conclude that Dm NXF1/p15 heterodimers only (but not NXF2-NXF4) mediate the export of the majority of mRNAs in Drosophila cells and that the other members of the NXF family play more specialized or different roles. ..
- Kellenberger E, Stier G, Sattler M. Induced folding of the U2AF35 RRM upon binding to U2AF65. FEBS Lett. 2002;528:171-6 pubmed..This interaction is mediated by the N-terminal proline-rich region of U2AF65 and does not involve the U2AF65 RRMs. ..
- Buscaino A, Kocher T, Kind J, Holz H, Taipale M, Wagner K, et al. MOF-regulated acetylation of MSL-3 in the Drosophila dosage compensation complex. Mol Cell. 2003;11:1265-77 pubmed..We propose that regulated acetylation of MSL-3 may provide a mechanistic explanation for spreading of the dosage compensation complex along the male X chromosome. ..
- Bayliss R, Sardon T, Vernos I, Conti E. Structural basis of Aurora-A activation by TPX2 at the mitotic spindle. Mol Cell. 2003;12:851-62 pubmed..The recognition between Aurora-A and TPX2 resembles that between the cAPK catalytic core and its flanking regions, suggesting this molecular mechanism may be a recurring theme in kinase regulation. ..
- Venzke D, Domgall I, Kocher T, Féthière J, Fischer S, Bottcher B. Elucidation of the stator organization in the V-ATPase of Neurospora crassa. J Mol Biol. 2005;349:659-69 pubmed..These two subunits seem to be located on opposite sides of a semicircular arrangement of the peripheral connecting elements, suggesting a role in stabilizing the stator in V-ATPases. ..
- Tews I, Findeisen F, Sinning I, Schultz A, Schultz J, Linder J. The structure of a pH-sensing mycobacterial adenylyl cyclase holoenzyme. Science. 2005;308:1020-3 pubmed..Two alpha helices serve as molecular switches. Mutagenesis is consistent with a regulatory role of the structural transition, and we suggest that the transition is regulated by pH. ..
- Karaulanov E, Böttcher R, Niehrs C. A role for fibronectin-leucine-rich transmembrane cell-surface proteins in homotypic cell adhesion. EMBO Rep. 2006;7:283-90 pubmed..Therefore, FLRT-mediated FGF signal transduction and homotypic cell sorting can be molecularly uncoupled. The results indicate that FLRT proteins have a dual role, promoting FGF signalling and modulating homotypic cell adhesion. ..
- Ulbert S, Platani M, Boue S, Mattaj I. Direct membrane protein-DNA interactions required early in nuclear envelope assembly. J Cell Biol. 2006;173:469-76 pubmed..Membrane fractions that are essential for NE formation are shown to bind directly to protein-free DNA, and our data suggest that these interactions are critical for early steps in NE assembly. ..
- Bassler J, Kallas M, Hurt E. The NUG1 GTPase reveals and N-terminal RNA-binding domain that is essential for association with 60 S pre-ribosomal particles. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:24737-44 pubmed..Our findings suggest that Nug1 associates with pre-60 S subunits via its essential N-terminal RNA-binding domain and exerts a non-essential regulative role in pre-60 S subunit biogenesis via its central GTPase domain. ..
- Miller S, Kastner S, Krijnse Locker J, B hler S, Bartenschlager R. The non-structural protein 4A of dengue virus is an integral membrane protein inducing membrane alterations in a 2K-regulated manner. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:8873-82 pubmed publisher..These results shed new light on the role of NS4A in the DV replication cycle and provide a model of how this protein induces membrane rearrangements and how this property may be regulated...
- Rossmann E, Kraiczy P, Herzberger P, Skerka C, Kirschfink M, Simon M, et al. Dual binding specificity of a Borrelia hermsii-associated complement regulator-acquiring surface protein for factor H and plasminogen discloses a putative virulence factor of relapsing fever spirochetes. J Immunol. 2007;178:7292-301 pubmed..hermsii and its resistance to innate immunity...
- Erbse A, Wagner J, Truscott K, Spall S, Kirstein J, Zeth K, et al. Conserved residues in the N-domain of the AAA+ chaperone ClpA regulate substrate recognition and unfolding. FEBS J. 2008;275:1400-10 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data suggest that ClpA utilizes two structural elements, one in the N-domain and the other in the pore of the hexamer, both of which are required for efficient unfolding of some protein substrates. ..
- Bieling P, Telley I, Piehler J, Surrey T. Processive kinesins require loose mechanical coupling for efficient collective motility. EMBO Rep. 2008;9:1121-7 pubmed publisher..The non-motor extension of kinesin-1 reduces this mutual interference, indicating that loose mechanical coupling between motors is required for efficient transport by ensembles of processive motors. ..
- Farfsing A, Engel F, Seiffert M, Hartmann E, Ott G, Rosenwald A, et al. Gene knockdown studies revealed CCDC50 as a candidate gene in mantle cell lymphoma and chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Leukemia. 2009;23:2018-26 pubmed publisher..Gene knockdown and a nuclear factor kappa B (NFkappaB) reporter gene assay revealed that CCDC50 is required for survival in MCL and CLL cells and controls NFkappaB signaling...
- Savage H, Montoya G, Svensson C, Schwenn J, Sinning I. Crystal structure of phosphoadenylyl sulphate (PAPS) reductase: a new family of adenine nucleotide alpha hydrolases. Structure. 1997;5:895-906 pubmed..The open, reduced form of PAPS reductase is able to bind PAPS, whereas the closed oxidized form cannot. A movement between the two monomers of the dimer may allow this switch in conformation to occur. ..
- Wuchty S. Scale-free behavior in protein domain networks. Mol Biol Evol. 2001;18:1694-702 pubmed..The extent of connectivity among domains reflects the evolutionary complexity of the organisms considered. ..
- Nies A, Konig J, Pfannschmidt M, Klar E, Hofmann W, Keppler D. Expression of the multidrug resistance proteins MRP2 and MRP3 in human hepatocellular carcinoma. Int J Cancer. 2001;94:492-9 pubmed..When MRP1 was detected by immunofluorescence microscopy, it was localized on the intracellular membranes of carcinoma cells. Thus, plasma membrane expression of MRP2 and MRP3, but not of MRP1, can contribute to the MDR phenotype of HCC. ..
- Galani K, Nissan T, Petfalski E, Tollervey D, Hurt E. Rea1, a dynein-related nuclear AAA-ATPase, is involved in late rRNA processing and nuclear export of 60 S subunits. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:55411-8 pubmed..Using an in vivo 60 S subunit export assay, a strong accumulation of the large subunit reporter Rpl25-GFP (green fluorescent protein) in the nucleus and at the nuclear periphery was seen in rea1 mutants at restrictive conditions...
- Vaccari T, Rabouille C, Ephrussi A. The Drosophila PAR-1 spacer domain is required for lateral membrane association and for polarization of follicular epithelial cells. Curr Biol. 2005;15:255-61 pubmed..Our data indicate that the spacer domain of PAR-1 is required for lateral PM localization of PAR-1 kinase and for development of a polarized FE. ..
- Edlich C, Stier G, Simon B, Sattler M, Muhle Goll C. Structure and phosphatidylinositol-(3,4)-bisphosphate binding of the C-terminal PH domain of human pleckstrin. Structure. 2005;13:277-86 pubmed..Since PtdIns(3,4)P2 is an important signaling molecule in platelets, our data suggest a C-PH dependent regulation of pleckstrin function in response to PtdIns(3,4)P2. ..
- Zdobnov E, Campillos M, Harrington E, Torrents D, Bork P. Protein coding potential of retroviruses and other transposable elements in vertebrate genomes. Nucleic Acids Res. 2005;33:946-54 pubmed..To automatically annotate RETRA genes in other vertebrate genomes, we provide as a tool a set of marker protein domains and a manually refined list of domesticated or ancestral RETRA genes for rescuing genes with vertebrate functions. ..
- Soba P, Eggert S, Wagner K, Zentgraf H, Siehl K, Kreger S, et al. Homo- and heterodimerization of APP family members promotes intercellular adhesion. EMBO J. 2005;24:3624-34 pubmed..Together, our results provide evidence that homo- and heterocomplexes of APP/APLPs promote trans-cellular adhesion in vivo. ..
- Hahne F, Mehrle A, Arlt D, Poustka A, Wiemann S, Beissbarth T. Extending pathways based on gene lists using InterPro domain signatures. BMC Bioinformatics. 2008;9:3 pubmed publisher..An R based software package domainsignatures, to routinely perform this analysis on the results of high-throughput screening, is available via Bioconductor. ..
- Schulze A, Schieck A, Ni Y, Mier W, Urban S. Fine mapping of pre-S sequence requirements for hepatitis B virus large envelope protein-mediated receptor interaction. J Virol. 2010;84:1989-2000 pubmed publisher..It requires an N-terminal acyl moiety and a highly conserved sequence that is present in primate but not rodent or avian hepadnaviruses, indicating different entry pathways for the different family members...
- Stein M, Gabdoulline R, Wade R. Cross-species analysis of the glycolytic pathway by comparison of molecular interaction fields. Mol Biosyst. 2010;6:152-64 pubmed publisher..The extent of conservation of electrostatic potentials along the pathway is consistent with the absence of a single rate-limiting step in glycolysis. ..
- Pflug A, Rogozina J, Lavogina D, Enkvist E, Uri A, Engh R, et al. Diversity of bisubstrate binding modes of adenosine analogue-oligoarginine conjugates in protein kinase a and implications for protein substrate interactions. J Mol Biol. 2010;403:66-77 pubmed publisher..The crystal structures described here contribute to the understanding of the substrate-binding patterns of PKAc and should also facilitate the design of inhibitors targeting PKAc and related protein kinases. ..
- Bork P, Beckmann G. The CUB domain. A widespread module in developmentally regulated proteins. J Mol Biol. 1993;231:539-45 pubmed
- Kullander K, Mather N, Diella F, Dottori M, Boyd A, Klein R. Kinase-dependent and kinase-independent functions of EphA4 receptors in major axon tract formation in vivo. Neuron. 2001;29:73-84 pubmed..Unexpectedly, the cytoplasmic sterile-alpha motif (SAM) domain is not required for EphA4 functions. Our findings establish both kinase-dependent and kinase-independent functions of EphA4 in the formation of major axon tracts. ..
- Dorr A, Kiermer V, Pedal A, Rackwitz H, Henklein P, Schubert U, et al. Transcriptional synergy between Tat and PCAF is dependent on the binding of acetylated Tat to the PCAF bromodomain. EMBO J. 2002;21:2715-23 pubmed..These observations demonstrate that acetylation of Tat establishes a novel protein-protein interaction domain at the surface of Tat that is necessary for the transcriptional activation of the HIV promoter. ..
- Wiesner S, Stier G, Sattler M, Macias M. Solution structure and ligand recognition of the WW domain pair of the yeast splicing factor Prp40. J Mol Biol. 2002;324:807-22 pubmed..In contrast, no interaction was observed between the Prp40 WW domains and the CTD repeats used in this work. ..
- Dietrich L, Gurezka R, Veit M, Ungermann C. The SNARE Ykt6 mediates protein palmitoylation during an early stage of homotypic vacuole fusion. EMBO J. 2004;23:45-53 pubmed..The conservation of Ykt6 and its localization to several organelles suggest that its acyltransferase activity may also be required in other intracellular fusion events. ..
- Bono F, Ebert J, Unterholzner L, Guttler T, Izaurralde E, Conti E. Molecular insights into the interaction of PYM with the Mago-Y14 core of the exon junction complex. EMBO Rep. 2004;5:304-10 pubmed..Mago residues involved in the interaction with PYM have been implicated in nonsense-mediated mRNA decay (NMD). Consistently, human PYM is active in NMD tethering assays. Together, these data suggest a role for PYM in NMD. ..
- Féthière J, Venzke D, Diepholz M, Seybert A, Geerlof A, Gentzel M, et al. Building the stator of the yeast vacuolar-ATPase: specific interaction between subunits E and G. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:40670-6 pubmed..We propose that the V-ATPase EG complex forms one of the peripheral stators similar to the one formed by the two copies of subunit b in F-ATPase. ..
- Jung A, Domratcheva T, Tarutina M, Wu Q, Ko W, Shoeman R, et al. Structure of a bacterial BLUF photoreceptor: insights into blue light-mediated signal transduction. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:12350-5 pubmed publisher..The structure suggests a unique photochemical signaling switch in which the absorption of light induces a structural change in the rim surrounding the hook, thereby changing the protein interface between BLUF and the output domain...
- Volz J, Osta M, Kafatos F, M ller H. The roles of two clip domain serine proteases in innate immune responses of the malaria vector Anopheles gambiae. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:40161-8 pubmed publisher..Our findings strongly suggest that clip domain serine proteases serve multiple functions and play distinctive roles in several immune pathways of A. gambiae...
- Gasch A, Wiesner S, Martin Malpartida P, Ramirez Espain X, Ruiz L, Macias M. The structure of Prp40 FF1 domain and its interaction with the crn-TPR1 motif of Clf1 gives a new insight into the binding mode of FF domains. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:356-64 pubmed..Our results also revealed that not all FF domains in Prp40 are functionally equivalent. We proposed that at least two different interaction surfaces exist in FF domains that have evolved to recognize distinct binding motifs. ..
- Grosshans B, Grötsch H, Mukhopadhyay D, Fernández I, Pfannstiel J, Idrissi F, et al. TEDS site phosphorylation of the yeast myosins I is required for ligand-induced but not for constitutive endocytosis of the G protein-coupled receptor Ste2p. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:11104-14 pubmed
- Hothorn M, Wachter A, Gromes R, Stuwe T, Rausch T, Scheffzek K. Structural basis for the redox control of plant glutamate cysteine ligase. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:27557-65 pubmed..In particular, the mutation in rax1-1 plants causes impaired binding of cysteine. ..
- Jung A, Reinstein J, Domratcheva T, Shoeman R, Schlichting I. Crystal structures of the AppA BLUF domain photoreceptor provide insights into blue light-mediated signal transduction. J Mol Biol. 2006;362:717-32 pubmed publisher..We propose that the blue light signal is transmitted towards the surface of the BLUF domain via His44, which serves as a reporter of active site changes...
- Hoffmann S, Schellack C, Textor S, Konold S, Schmitz D, Cerwenka A, et al. Identification of CLEC12B, an inhibitory receptor on myeloid cells. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:22370-5 pubmed
- Klucky B, Mueller R, Vogt I, Teurich S, Hartenstein B, Breuhahn K, et al. Kallikrein 6 induces E-cadherin shedding and promotes cell proliferation, migration, and invasion. Cancer Res. 2007;67:8198-206 pubmed..Finally, enhanced epidermal keratinocyte proliferation and migration in concert with decreased E-cadherin protein levels are confirmed in an in vivo Klk6 transgenic mouse model. ..
- Al Amoudi A, Frangakis A. Structural studies on desmosomes. Biochem Soc Trans. 2008;36:181-7 pubmed publisher..Together with these 'static' approaches, live-cell imaging of cultured keratinocytes should provide important insights into the dynamic property of the assembly and disassembly of desmosomes. ..
- Stuwe T, Hothorn M, Lejeune E, Rybin V, Bortfeld M, Scheffzek K, et al. The FACT Spt16 "peptidase" domain is a histone H3-H4 binding module. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:8884-9 pubmed publisher..We suggest that these interactions may aid FACT-mediated nucleosome reorganization events. ..
- Ganter M, Sch ler H, Matuschewski K. Vital role for the Plasmodium actin capping protein (CP) beta-subunit in motility of malaria sporozoites. Mol Microbiol. 2009;74:1356-67 pubmed publisher..Together, our results show that the CP beta-subunit exerts an essential role in the insect vector before malaria transmission to the mammalian host. The vital role is restricted to fast locomotion, as displayed by Plasmodium sporozoites...
- Boeddinghaus C, Merz A, Laage R, Ungermann C. A cycle of Vam7p release from and PtdIns 3-P-dependent rebinding to the yeast vacuole is required for homotypic vacuole fusion. J Cell Biol. 2002;157:79-89 pubmed..We propose that the Vam7p cycle is linked to the availability of a lipid domain on yeast vacuoles, which is essential for coordinating the fusion reaction prior to and beyond docking. ..
- Milan M, Perez L, Cohen S. Short-range cell interactions and cell survival in the Drosophila wing. Dev Cell. 2002;2:797-805 pubmed..We also present evidence showing that activation of the Notch signal transduction pathway is involved in triggering apoptosis of cells misspecified for their dorsal-ventral position. ..
- Casanova E, Fehsenfeld S, Greiner E, Stewart A, Schutz G. Conditional mutagenesis of CamKIV. Genesis. 2002;32:161-4 pubmed
- Medunjanin S, Hermani A, De Servi B, Grisouard J, Rincke G, Mayer D. Glycogen synthase kinase-3 interacts with and phosphorylates estrogen receptor alpha and is involved in the regulation of receptor activity. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:33006-14 pubmed..These findings uncover a novel mechanism for the regulation of ERalpha-mediated estrogen signaling controlled by a dual action of GSK-3. ..
- Bange G, K mmerer N, Engel C, Bozkurt G, Wild K, Sinning I. FlhA provides the adaptor for coordinated delivery of late flagella building blocks to the type III secretion system. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:11295-300 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results allow to propose a model that explains how the T3SS may switch from the stoichiometric export of FliD to the high-throughput secretion of flagellin...
- Hoenger A, Thormählen M, Diaz Avalos R, Doerhoefer M, Goldie K, Muller J, et al. A new look at the microtubule binding patterns of dimeric kinesins. J Mol Biol. 2000;297:1087-103 pubmed..A molecular walking model based on these results summarizes our conclusions and illustrates the implications of symmetry for such models. ..
- Muhle Goll C, Habeck M, Cazorla O, Nilges M, Labeit S, Granzier H. Structural and functional studies of titin's fn3 modules reveal conserved surface patterns and binding to myosin S1--a possible role in the Frank-Starling mechanism of the heart. J Mol Biol. 2001;313:431-47 pubmed..This effect is most pronounced at short sarcomere length, and as a result the length-dependence of Ca(2+) activation is reduced. A model of how titin's fn3-like domains may influence actomyosin interaction is proposed. ..
- Mogk A, Bukau B. Molecular chaperones: structure of a protein disaggregase. Curr Biol. 2004;14:R78-80 pubmed..The newly determined crystal structure of ClpB provides new insights into the mechanism of protein disaggregation, suggesting a crowbar activity mediated by a unique coiled-coil domain. ..
- Pham A, Sauer F. Ubiquitin-activating/conjugating activity of TAFII250, a mediator of activation of gene expression in Drosophila. Science. 2000;289:2357-60 pubmed..Thus, coactivator-mediated ubiquitination of proteins within the transactivation pathway may contribute to the processes directing activation of eukaryotic transcription. ..
- Fiaux J, Horst J, Scior A, Preissler S, Koplin A, Bukau B, et al. Structural analysis of the ribosome-associated complex (RAC) reveals an unusual Hsp70/Hsp40 interaction. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:3227-34 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we present a novel mechanism for converting Zuotin and Ssz chaperones into a functionally active dimer. ..
- Laketa V, Zarbakhsh S, Morbier E, Subramanian D, Dinkel C, Brumbaugh J, et al. Membrane-permeant phosphoinositide derivatives as modulators of growth factor signaling and neurite outgrowth. Chem Biol. 2009;16:1190-6 pubmed publisher..This work establishes membrane-permeant phosphoinositides as powerful tools to study PI3K signaling and directly demonstrates that 3-phosphorylated phosphoinositides are instrumental for neurite initiation. ..
- Hliscs M, Sattler J, Tempel W, Artz J, Dong A, Hui R, et al. Structure and function of a G-actin sequestering protein with a vital role in malaria oocyst development inside the mosquito vector. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:11572-83 pubmed publisher..This study also exemplifies how Plasmodium reverse genetics combined with biochemical and structural analyses of orthologous proteins can offer a fast track toward systematic gene characterization in apicomplexan parasites. ..
- Carugo O, Argos P. Accessibility to internal cavities and ligand binding sites monitored by protein crystallographic thermal factors. Proteins. 1998;31:201-13 pubmed
- Cerdà J, Grund C, Franke W, Brand M. Molecular characterization of Calymmin, a novel notochord sheath-associated extracellular matrix protein in the zebrafish embryo. Dev Dyn. 2002;224:200-9 pubmed..These results indicate that Calymmin is a novel constitutive protein of the ECM compartment associated to the perinotochordal sheath in the zebrafish embryo, which is specifically expressed by the differentiating notochord cells. ..
- Köhler A, Schneider M, Cabal G, Nehrbass U, Hurt E. Yeast Ataxin-7 links histone deubiquitination with gene gating and mRNA export. Nat Cell Biol. 2008;10:707-15 pubmed publisher..Thus, Sgf73 provides a molecular scaffold to integrate the regulation of H2B ubiquitin levels, tethering of a gene to the NPC and export of mRNA. ..
- Kharrat A, Macias M, Gibson T, Nilges M, Pastore A. Structure of the dsRNA binding domain of E. coli RNase III. EMBO J. 1995;14:3572-84 pubmed..These residues map to the N-terminus of the second helix and a nearby loop, leading to a model for the possible contacts between the domain and dsRNA. ..
- Madden D. The structure and function of glutamate receptor ion channels. Nat Rev Neurosci. 2002;3:91-101 pubmed
- Yao W, Lutzmann M, Hurt E. A versatile interaction platform on the Mex67-Mtr2 receptor creates an overlap between mRNA and ribosome export. EMBO J. 2008;27:6-16 pubmed..Thus, the Mex67-Mtr2 export receptor employs a versatile binding platform on its surface that could create a crosstalk between mRNA and ribosome export pathways. ..
- Dultz E, Hildenbeutel M, Martoglio B, Hochman J, Dobberstein B, Kapp K. The signal peptide of the mouse mammary tumor virus Rem protein is released from the endoplasmic reticulum membrane and accumulates in nucleoli. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:9966-76 pubmed publisher..Our study suggests a novel pathway by which a signal peptide can be released from the ER membrane to fulfill a post-targeting function in a different compartment. ..
- Pijnappel W, Schaft D, Roguev A, Shevchenko A, Tekotte H, Wilm M, et al. The S. cerevisiae SET3 complex includes two histone deacetylases, Hos2 and Hst1, and is a meiotic-specific repressor of the sporulation gene program. Genes Dev. 2001;15:2991-3004 pubmed..However, Hst1 is not required for meiotic repression by Set3C, thus implying that Set3C (-Hst1) and not Hst1-Sum1, is the meiotic-specific repressor of early/middle sporulation genes. ..
- Bringmann H, Skiniotis G, Spilker A, Kandels Lewis S, Vernos I, Surrey T. A kinesin-like motor inhibits microtubule dynamic instability. Science. 2004;303:1519-22 pubmed..The integration of the two properties, motility and inhibition of microtubule dynamics, in one molecule emphasizes the versatile properties of kinesin family members. ..
- Rogers M, Winter H, Langbein L, Wolf C, Schweizer J. Characterization of a 300 kbp region of human DNA containing the type II hair keratin gene domain. J Invest Dermatol. 2000;114:464-72 pubmed..We assume that the approximately 200 kbp DNA domain contains the entire complement of human type II hair keratin genes. ..
- Schulz T, Nakagawa T, Licznerski P, Pawlak V, Kolleker A, Rozov A, et al. Actin/alpha-actinin-dependent transport of AMPA receptors in dendritic spines: role of the PDZ-LIM protein RIL. J Neurosci. 2004;24:8584-94 pubmed
- De Marco A, Davey N, Ulbrich P, Phillips J, Lux V, Riches J, et al. Conserved and variable features of Gag structure and arrangement in immature retrovirus particles. J Virol. 2010;84:11729-36 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the arrangement of the structural domains of CA is well conserved across genera, whereas the relationship between CA, the spacer peptide region, and the nucleic acid is more specific to each genus...
- Breiling A, Bonte E, Ferrari S, Becker P, Paro R. The Drosophila polycomb protein interacts with nucleosomal core particles In vitro via its repression domain. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:8451-60 pubmed..Our results suggest that PC, by binding to the core particle, recruits other PcG proteins to chromatin. This interaction could provide a key step in the establishment or regulation of higher-order chromatin structures. ..
- Bachi A, Braun I, Rodrigues J, Pante N, Ribbeck K, von Kobbe C, et al. The C-terminal domain of TAP interacts with the nuclear pore complex and promotes export of specific CTE-bearing RNA substrates. RNA. 2000;6:136-58 pubmed
- Centner T, Yano J, Kimura E, McElhinny A, Pelin K, Witt C, et al. Identification of muscle specific ring finger proteins as potential regulators of the titin kinase domain. J Mol Biol. 2001;306:717-26 pubmed
- Schmitt T, Hotz Wagenblatt A, Klein H, Dröge W. Interdependent regulation of insulin receptor kinase activity by ADP and hydrogen peroxide. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:3795-801 pubmed
- Bange G, Petzold G, Wild K, Parlitz R, Sinning I. The crystal structure of the third signal-recognition particle GTPase FlhF reveals a homodimer with bound GTP. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:13621-5 pubmed..Our results provide insights into SRP GTPases and their roles in two fundamentally different protein-targeting routes that both rely on efficient protein delivery to a secretion channel. ..
- Corsini L, Hothorn M, Stier G, Rybin V, Scheffzek K, Gibson T, et al. Dimerization and protein binding specificity of the U2AF homology motif of the splicing factor Puf60. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:630-9 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that the functional cooperativity between U2AF65 and Puf60 may involve simultaneous interactions of the two proteins with SF3b155. ..
- Islinger M, Li K, Seitz J, Volkl A, Lüers G. Hitchhiking of Cu/Zn superoxide dismutase to peroxisomes--evidence for a natural piggyback import mechanism in mammals. Traffic. 2009;10:1711-21 pubmed publisher..SOD1/CCS co-import is the first demonstration of a physiologically relevant piggyback import into mammalian peroxisomes. ..
- Muller J, Szklarczyk D, Julien P, Letunic I, Roth A, Kuhn M, et al. eggNOG v2.0: extending the evolutionary genealogy of genes with enhanced non-supervised orthologous groups, species and functional annotations. Nucleic Acids Res. 2010;38:D190-5 pubmed publisher..Users can access the complete set of orthologous groups via a web interface at: http://eggnog.embl.de. ..
- Rauschenberger K, Schöler K, Sass J, Sauer S, Djuric Z, Rumig C, et al. A non-enzymatic function of 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 10 is required for mitochondrial integrity and cell survival. EMBO Mol Med. 2010;2:51-62 pubmed publisher..Therefore alternative therapeutic approaches to an isoleucine-restricted diet are required. ..
- Malzahn E, Ciprianidis S, Káldi K, Schafmeier T, Brunner M. Photoadaptation in Neurospora by competitive interaction of activating and inhibitory LOV domains. Cell. 2010;142:762-72 pubmed publisher..We show that VVD is essential to discriminate between day and night, even in naturally ambiguous photoperiods with moonlight...
- Kiebler M, Hemraj I, Verkade P, Kohrmann M, Fortes P, Marion R, et al. The mammalian staufen protein localizes to the somatodendritic domain of cultured hippocampal neurons: implications for its involvement in mRNA transport. J Neurosci. 1999;19:288-97 pubmed..These results suggest a role for mStau in the polarized transport and localization of mRNAs in mammalian neurons. ..
- Suyama M, Doerks T, Braun I, Sattler M, Izaurralde E, Bork P. Prediction of structural domains of TAP reveals details of its interaction with p15 and nucleoporins. EMBO Rep. 2000;1:53-8 pubmed..Furthermore, the C-terminus of TAP was found to contain a ubiquitin-associated (UBA) domain. By site-directed mutagenesis we show that a conserved loop in this domain plays an essential role in mediating TAP-nucleoporin interaction. ..
- Kulke M, Fujita Becker S, Rostkova E, Neagoe C, Labeit D, Manstein D, et al. Interaction between PEVK-titin and actin filaments: origin of a viscous force component in cardiac myofibrils. Circ Res. 2001;89:874-81 pubmed..We conclude that interaction between PEVK-titin and actin occurs in the sarcomere and may cause viscous drag during diastolic stretch of cardiac myofibrils. The interaction could also oppose shortening during contraction. ..
- Dorey K, Engen J, Kretzschmar J, Wilm M, Neubauer G, Schindler T, et al. Phosphorylation and structure-based functional studies reveal a positive and a negative role for the activation loop of the c-Abl tyrosine kinase. Oncogene. 2001;20:8075-84 pubmed..Tyr412 is therefore necessary both for activity and for regulation of c-Abl, by stabilizing the inactive or the active conformation of the enzyme in a phosphorylation-dependent manner. ..
- Pacquelet A, Lin L, Rorth P. Binding site for p120/delta-catenin is not required for Drosophila E-cadherin function in vivo. J Cell Biol. 2003;160:313-9 pubmed..Surprisingly, DE-cadherin-AAA was able to substitute for the wild-type protein in all contexts with no detectable perturbations. Thus, interaction with p120/delta-catenin does not appear to be required for DE-cadherin function in vivo. ..