Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on surface properties in Heidelberg, Baden Württemberg, Germany
Locale: Heidelberg, Baden Württemberg, Germany
Topic: surface properties
- Ballav N, Terfort A, Zharnikov M. Fabrication of mixed self-assembled monolayers designed for avidin immobilization by irradiation promoted exchange reaction. Langmuir. 2009;25:9189-96 pubmed publisher..We ascribe these differences to the lack of phase segregation and better separation of the individual BAT species in the OEG-AT matrix in the case of IPER. ..
- Mertens C, Steveling H. Early and immediate loading of titanium implants with fluoride-modified surfaces: results of 5-year prospective study. Clin Oral Implants Res. 2011;22:1354-60 pubmed publisher..1% plaque and 4.2% of the implants with signs of inflammation at the 5-year control. Implants used in this study had high survival and success rates after 5 years. Marginal bone was well maintained, irrespective of the loading regime. ..
- Seydler B, Schmitter M. Clinical performance of two different CAD/CAM-fabricated ceramic crowns: 2-Year results. J Prosthet Dent. 2015;114:212-6 pubmed publisher..324). For both types of single-crown restoration, no technical failures occurred. The number of biological complications did not differ significantly between the types of crowns. ..
- Jeanteur D, Lakey J, Pattus F. The bacterial porin superfamily: sequence alignment and structure prediction. Mol Microbiol. 1991;5:2153-64 pubmed..Using the constraints of beta-sheet structure these porins are predicted to contain 16 membrane-spanning strands, 14 of which are common to the two (enteric and the neisserial) porin subfamilies. ..
- Ravaud S, Stjepanovic G, Wild K, Sinning I. The crystal structure of the periplasmic domain of the Escherichia coli membrane protein insertase YidC contains a substrate binding cleft. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:9350-8 pubmed publisher..The analysis of this region suggests a role in membrane interaction and/or in the regulation of YidC interaction with binding partners. ..
- Hegde S, Kaltenegger L. Colors of extreme exo-Earth environments. Astrobiology. 2013;13:47-56 pubmed publisher..This paper explores how filter photometry can serve as a first step in characterizing Earth-like exoplanets for an aerobic as well as an anaerobic atmosphere, thereby prioritizing targets to search for atmospheric biosignatures...
- Grosskinsky S, Schott M, Brenner C, Cutler S, Simon M, Wallich R. Human complement regulators C4b-binding protein and C1 esterase inhibitor interact with a novel outer surface protein of Borrelia recurrentis. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2010;4:e698 pubmed publisher..burgdorferi significantly increased spirochetal resistance against human complement suggests this receptor to substantially contribute, together with other known strategies, to immune evasion of B. recurrentis...
- Hegge S, Münter S, Steinbüchel M, Heiss K, Engel U, Matuschewski K, et al. Multistep adhesion of Plasmodium sporozoites. FASEB J. 2010;24:2222-34 pubmed publisher..Further, these three sporozoite surface proteins also act in concert with actin filaments to organize efficient adhesion of the sporozoite prior to initiating motility and host cell invasion...
- Christophis C, Grunze M, Rosenhahn A. Quantification of the adhesion strength of fibroblast cells on ethylene glycol terminated self-assembled monolayers by a microfluidic shear force assay. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2010;12:4498-504 pubmed publisher..As the cell spreading area changes with the substrate properties, the adhesion strength per unit area was additionally determined...
- MÃ¼cke N, Klenin K, Kirmse R, Bussiek M, Herrmann H, Hafner M, et al. Filamentous biopolymers on surfaces: atomic force microscopy images compared with Brownian dynamics simulation of filament deposition. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e7756 pubmed publisher..Based on these data, we have developed a strategy to reliably extract the persistence length of short worm-like chain fragments or network forming filaments with unknown polymer-surface interactions. ..
- Ohlmann B, Uekermann J, Dreyhaupt J, Schmitter M, Mussotter K, Rammelsberg P. Clinical wear of posterior metal-free polymer crowns. One-year results from a randomized clinical trial. J Dent. 2007;35:246-52 pubmed..The selection of restorative materials should be based on knowledge of clinical wear in order to preserve occlusal stability. ..
- Tai Y, Shaporenko A, Eck W, Grunze M, Zharnikov M. Depth distribution of irradiation-induced cross-linking in aromatic self-assembled monolayers. Langmuir. 2004;20:7166-70 pubmed..Generally, the results suggest the importance of relaxation processes for the response of self-assembled monolayers to ionizing radiation. ..
- Ceska T, Sayers J, Stier G, Suck D. A helical arch allowing single-stranded DNA to thread through T5 5'-exonuclease. Nature. 1996;382:90-3 pubmed publisher..The active site is at the base of the arch, and contains two metal-binding sites...
- Shaporenko A, Cyganik P, Buck M, Terfort A, Zharnikov M. Self-assembled monolayers of aromatic selenolates on noble metal substrates. J Phys Chem B. 2005;109:13630-8 pubmed..This suggests that aromatic selenolates represent an attractive alternative to the respective thiols. ..
- Xiao L, Li J, Mieszkin S, Di Fino A, Clare A, Callow M, et al. Slippery liquid-infused porous surfaces showing marine antibiofouling properties. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2013;5:10074-80 pubmed publisher..The results indicate great potential for the application of this concept in fouling-resistant marine coatings. ..