Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on stem cells in Freiburg, Baden Württemberg, Germany
Locale: Freiburg, Baden Württemberg, Germany
Topic: stem cells
- Trauth K, Mutschler B, Jenkins N, Gilbert D, Copeland N, Klempnauer K. Mouse A-myb encodes a trans-activator and is expressed in mitotically active cells of the developing central nervous system, adult testis and B lymphocytes. EMBO J. 1994;13:5994-6005 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest a role for A-myb in the proliferation and/or differentiation of neurogenic, spermatogenic and B-lymphoid cells. ..
- Solter D. From teratocarcinomas to embryonic stem cells and beyond: a history of embryonic stem cell research. Nat Rev Genet. 2006;7:319-27 pubmed publisher..Here I briefly recapitulate this fascinating history...
- Ketteler R, Glaser S, Sandra O, Martens U, Klingmuller U. Enhanced transgene expression in primitive hematopoietic progenitor cells and embryonic stem cells efficiently transduced by optimized retroviral hybrid vectors. Gene Ther. 2002;9:477-87 pubmed
- Tolkunova E, Cavaleri F, Eckardt S, Reinbold R, Christenson L, Scholer H, et al. The caudal-related protein cdx2 promotes trophoblast differentiation of mouse embryonic stem cells. Stem Cells. 2006;24:139-44 pubmed..These data provide an insight into the genetic network that controls lineage specification and functioning in early mammalian development. ..
- Würschum T, Gross Hardt R, Laux T. APETALA2 regulates the stem cell niche in the Arabidopsis shoot meristem. Plant Cell. 2006;18:295-307 pubmed..Genetic analysis shows that termination of the primary shoot meristem in l28 mutants requires an active CLV signaling pathway, indicating that AP2 functions in stem cell maintenance by modifying the WUS-CLV3 feedback loop. ..
- Sarkar A, Luijten M, Miyashima S, Lenhard M, Hashimoto T, Nakajima K, et al. Conserved factors regulate signalling in Arabidopsis thaliana shoot and root stem cell organizers. Nature. 2007;446:811-4 pubmed..Importantly, both WOX5 and WUS maintain stem cells in either a root or shoot context. Together, our data indicate that stem cell maintenance signalling in both meristems employs related regulators. ..
- Reichenbach B, Delalande J, Kolmogorova E, Prier A, Nguyen T, Smith C, et al. Endoderm-derived Sonic hedgehog and mesoderm Hand2 expression are required for enteric nervous system development in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2008;318:52-64 pubmed publisher..Furthermore we show that endoderm and HH signaling, but not hand2, regulate gdnf expression in the intestine, highlighting a central role of endoderm and SHH in patterning the intestine and the ENS. ..
- Zhao S, Chai X, Frotscher M. Balance between neurogenesis and gliogenesis in the adult hippocampus: role for reelin. Dev Neurosci. 2007;29:84-90 pubmed..These results indicate that adult neurogenesis is altered in the reeler dentate gyrus and that newly generated cells preferentially differentiate into astrocytes. ..
- Zirlik A, Ernst S, Leugers A, Willecke F, Sobel B, Bode C, et al. Inhibition by fibrates of plasminogen activator inhibitor type-1 expression in human adipocytes and preadipocytes. Thromb Haemost. 2009;101:1060-9 pubmed..Our data support the view that PPARalpha activation down-regulates PAI-expression in adipose cells that may contribute in part to the reduction in cardiovascular mortality seen with fibrates in clinical trials. ..
- Ahrens I, Domeij H, Topcic D, Haviv I, Merivirta R, Agrotis A, et al. Successful in vitro expansion and differentiation of cord blood derived CD34+ cells into early endothelial progenitor cells reveals highly differential gene expression. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e23210 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we identified several genes newly linked to EPC differentiation, among them LL-37 (CAMP) was the most up-regulated gene. ..
- Brabletz T. To differentiate or not--routes towards metastasis. Nat Rev Cancer. 2012;12:425-36 pubmed publisher..This simplified classification integrates clinically relevant aspects of dormancy, metastatic tropism and therapy resistance, and implies perspectives on treatment strategies against metastasis. ..
- Moore R, Radice G, Dominis M, Kemler R. The generation and in vivo differentiation of murine embryonal stem cells genetically null for either N-cadherin or N- and P-cadherin. Int J Dev Biol. 1999;43:831-4 pubmed
- Klose C, Flach M, Möhle L, Rogell L, Hoyler T, Ebert K, et al. Differentiation of type 1 ILCs from a common progenitor to all helper-like innate lymphoid cell lineages. Cell. 2014;157:340-356 pubmed publisher..Our data significantly advance our understanding of ILC differentiation and presents evidence for a new ILC lineage that protects barrier surfaces against intracellular infections. ..
- Castex J, Willmann D, Kanouni T, Arrigoni L, Li Y, Friedrich M, et al. Inactivation of Lsd1 triggers senescence in trophoblast stem cells by induction of Sirt4. Cell Death Dis. 2017;8:e2631 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, by repression of Sirt4, Lsd1 directs the epigenetic control of TSC immortality via maintenance of metabolic flexibility. ..
- Basak O, Taylor V. Identification of self-replicating multipotent progenitors in the embryonic nervous system by high Notch activity and Hes5 expression. Eur J Neurosci. 2007;25:1006-22 pubmed..Thus, Notch activity through Hes5 identifies multipotent progenitors with stem cell properties and subdivides the different progenitors into defined pools. ..
- Qi W, Huang X, Neumann Haefelin E, Schulze E, Baumeister R. Cell-nonautonomous signaling of FOXO/DAF-16 to the stem cells of Caenorhabditis elegans. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002836 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that a functional balance of DAF-16 activities in different tissues determines longevity and reveals a novel, cell-nonautonomous role of FOXO/DAF-16 to affect stem cells. ..