Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on saccharomyces cerevisiae proteins in Heidelberg, Baden Württemberg, Germany
Locale: Heidelberg, Baden Württemberg, Germany
Topic: saccharomyces cerevisiae proteins
- Kohl C, Tessarz P, von der Malsburg K, Zahn R, Bukau B, Mogk A. Cooperative and independent activities of Sgt2 and Get5 in the targeting of tail-anchored proteins. Biol Chem. 2011;392:601-8 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings indicate an additional, Get5-independent role of Sgt2 in TA protein sorting, pointing to parallel pathways of substrate delivery to Get3. ..
- Döring K, Ahmed N, Riemer T, Suresh H, Vainshtein Y, Habich M, et al. Profiling Ssb-Nascent Chain Interactions Reveals Principles of Hsp70-Assisted Folding. Cell. 2017;170:298-311.e20 pubmed publisher..Ssb thus employs substrate-tailored dynamic nascent chain associations to coordinate co-translational protein folding, facilitate accelerated translation, and support membrane targeting of organellar proteins. ..
- Féthière J, Venzke D, Madden D, Bottcher B. Peripheral stator of the yeast V-ATPase: stoichiometry and specificity of interaction between the EG complex and subunits C and H. Biochemistry. 2005;44:15906-14 pubmed..The EGC complex can be formed in vitro by combining equimolar amounts of subunit C and the EG subcomplex and results most likely from the initial interaction between subunits E and C. ..
- Wimmer C, Doye V, Grandi P, Nehrbass U, Hurt E. A new subclass of nucleoporins that functionally interact with nuclear pore protein NSP1. EMBO J. 1992;11:5051-61 pubmed..These data provide in vivo evidence that distinct subclasses of nucleoporins physically interact or share overlapping function in nuclear pore complexes. ..
- Kemmler S, Stach M, Knapp M, Ortiz J, Pfannstiel J, Ruppert T, et al. Mimicking Ndc80 phosphorylation triggers spindle assembly checkpoint signalling. EMBO J. 2009;28:1099-110 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we conclude that a putative Mps1-dependent phosphorylation of Ndc80 is important for SAC activation at kinetochores. ..
- Sezen B, Seedorf M, Schiebel E. The SESA network links duplication of the yeast centrosome with the protein translation machinery. Genes Dev. 2009;23:1559-70 pubmed publisher..We suggest that the SESA network provides a mechanism by which cells can regulate the translation of specific mRNAs. This regulation is used to coordinate competing events in the nuclear envelope. ..
- Luconi L, Araki Y, Erlemann S, Schiebel E. The CENP-A chaperone Scm3 becomes enriched at kinetochores in anaphase independently of CENP-A incorporation. Cell Cycle. 2011;10:3369-78 pubmed publisher..Thus, Scm3 interacts transiently with kinetochores in anaphase where it safeguards Cse4 even after its S phase incorporation into centromeres...
- Koehler C, Round A, Simader H, Suck D, Svergun D. Quaternary structure of the yeast Arc1p-aminoacyl-tRNA synthetase complex in solution and its compaction upon binding of tRNAs. Nucleic Acids Res. 2013;41:667-76 pubmed publisher..A hybrid low-resolution model of the pentameric complex is constructed rationalizing the compaction effect by the interactions of negatively charged tRNA backbones with the positively charged tRNA-binding domains of the synthetases. ..
- Venema J, Tollervey D. RRP5 is required for formation of both 18S and 5.8S rRNA in yeast. EMBO J. 1996;15:5701-14 pubmed..Putative RRP5 homologues from Caenorhabditis elegans and humans were also identified, suggesting that the critical function of Rrp5p is evolutionarily conserved. ..
- Fullekrug J, Boehm J, Rottger S, Nilsson T, Mieskes G, Schmitt H. Human Rer1 is localized to the Golgi apparatus and complements the deletion of the homologous Rer1 protein of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Eur J Cell Biol. 1997;74:31-40 pubmed..Under conditions of brefeldin A treatment, human Rer1 distributes together with recycling Golgi proteins. ..
- RÃ¼thnick D, Schiebel E. Duplication of the Yeast Spindle Pole Body Once per Cell Cycle. Mol Cell Biol. 2016;36:1324-31 pubmed publisher..Thus, restricting SPB duplication to one event per cell cycle requires only an oscillation between Cdk1 kinase and Cdc14 phosphatase activities. This clockwork regulates the "on"/"off" state of the Sfi1-centrin receiver. ..
- Boon K, Kos M. Deletion of Swm2p selectively impairs trimethylation of snRNAs by trimethylguanosine synthase (Tgs1p). FEBS Lett. 2010;584:3299-304 pubmed publisher..The trimethylation of spliceosomal snRNAs and the U3 snoRNA, but not other snoRNAs, was abolished in the absence of Swm2p, indicating that Swm2p is required for a substrate-specific activity of Tgs1p. ..
- Fiaux J, Horst J, Scior A, Preissler S, Koplin A, Bukau B, et al. Structural analysis of the ribosome-associated complex (RAC) reveals an unusual Hsp70/Hsp40 interaction. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:3227-34 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we present a novel mechanism for converting Zuotin and Ssz chaperones into a functionally active dimer. ..
- Wolf W, Kilic A, Schrul B, Lorenz H, Schwappach B, Seedorf M. Yeast Ist2 recruits the endoplasmic reticulum to the plasma membrane and creates a ribosome-free membrane microcompartment. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e39703 pubmed publisher..Hence Ist2 may be critically positioned in domains that couple functions of the ER and the plasma membrane. ..
- Grosshans B, Grötsch H, Mukhopadhyay D, Fernández I, Pfannstiel J, Idrissi F, et al. TEDS site phosphorylation of the yeast myosins I is required for ligand-induced but not for constitutive endocytosis of the G protein-coupled receptor Ste2p. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:11104-14 pubmed
- Taxis C, Stier G, Spadaccini R, Knop M. Efficient protein depletion by genetically controlled deprotection of a dormant N-degron. Mol Syst Biol. 2009;5:267 pubmed publisher..The features of the TIPI system make it a versatile tool to study protein function in eukaryotes and to create new modules for synthetic or systems biology. ..
- Poschke H, Dees M, Chang M, Amberkar S, Kaderali L, Rothstein R, et al. Rif2 promotes a telomere fold-back structure through Rpd3L recruitment in budding yeast. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002960 pubmed publisher..Together these data reveal that multiple genetic pathways may directly or indirectly impinge on telomere structure, thus broadening the potential targets available to manipulate telomere function. ..
- Berges T, Petfalski E, Tollervey D, Hurt E. Synthetic lethality with fibrillarin identifies NOP77p, a nucleolar protein required for pre-rRNA processing and modification. EMBO J. 1994;13:3136-48 pubmed..We propose that NOP77p mediates specific interactions between NOP1p and the pre-rRNA. ..
- Dietrich L, Gurezka R, Veit M, Ungermann C. The SNARE Ykt6 mediates protein palmitoylation during an early stage of homotypic vacuole fusion. EMBO J. 2004;23:45-53 pubmed..The conservation of Ykt6 and its localization to several organelles suggest that its acyltransferase activity may also be required in other intracellular fusion events. ..
- Köhler A, Pascual García P, Llopis A, Zapater M, Posas F, Hurt E, et al. The mRNA export factor Sus1 is involved in Spt/Ada/Gcn5 acetyltransferase-mediated H2B deubiquitinylation through its interaction with Ubp8 and Sgf11. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:4228-36 pubmed..Interestingly, sgf11 deletion enhances the mRNA export defect observed in sus1delta cells. Thus, the Sus1-Sgf11-Ubp8 module could work at the junction between SAGA-dependent transcription and nuclear mRNA export. ..
- Rutz B, Seraphin B. A dual role for BBP/ScSF1 in nuclear pre-mRNA retention and splicing. EMBO J. 2000;19:1873-86 pubmed
- Verrotti A, Crechet J, Di Blasi F, Seidita G, Mirisola M, Kavounis C, et al. RAS residues that are distant from the GDP binding site play a critical role in dissociation factor-stimulated release of GDP. EMBO J. 1992;11:2855-62 pubmed..These findings point to residues 80-82 as important determinants of the response of RAS to GDP dissociation factors. This suggests a molecular model for the enhancement of nucleotide release from RAS by such factors. ..
- Heiss N, Knight S, Vulliamy T, Klauck S, Wiemann S, Mason P, et al. X-linked dyskeratosis congenita is caused by mutations in a highly conserved gene with putative nucleolar functions. Nat Genet. 1998;19:32-8 pubmed..By analogy to the function of the known dyskerin orthologues, involvement in the cell cycle and nucleolar function is predicted for the protein. ..
- Gasch A, Wiesner S, Martin Malpartida P, Ramirez Espain X, Ruiz L, Macias M. The structure of Prp40 FF1 domain and its interaction with the crn-TPR1 motif of Clf1 gives a new insight into the binding mode of FF domains. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:356-64 pubmed..Our results also revealed that not all FF domains in Prp40 are functionally equivalent. We proposed that at least two different interaction surfaces exist in FF domains that have evolved to recognize distinct binding motifs. ..
- Schwarz S, Matuschewski K, Liakopoulos D, Scheffner M, Jentsch S. The ubiquitin-like proteins SMT3 and SUMO-1 are conjugated by the UBC9 E2 enzyme. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:560-4 pubmed..This suggests that UBC9 functions as an E2 in a SMT3/SUMO-1 conjugation pathway analogous to ubiquitin-conjugating enzymes. The role of yeast UBC9 in cell cycle progression may thus be mediated through its SMT3 conjugation activity. ..
- Westerholm Parvinen A, Vernos I, Serrano L. Kinesin subfamily UNC104 contains a FHA domain: boundaries and physicochemical characterization. FEBS Lett. 2000;486:285-90 pubmed..Key amino acids postulated to recognize phosphorylated residues are conserved. These data suggest that the kinesin FHA domains are functional domains involved in protein-protein interactions regulated by phosphorylation. ..
- Gagneur J, Sinha H, Perocchi F, Bourgon R, Huber W, Steinmetz L. Genome-wide allele- and strand-specific expression profiling. Mol Syst Biol. 2009;5:274 pubmed publisher..Our results provide the first high-resolution analysis of differential expression on all four strands of an eukaryotic genome. ..
- Perocchi F, Jensen L, Gagneur J, Ahting U, von Mering C, Bork P, et al. Assessing systems properties of yeast mitochondria through an interaction map of the organelle. PLoS Genet. 2006;2:e170 pubmed..Our network thus advances the understanding of the mitochondrial system in yeast and identifies properties of genes underlying human mitochondrial disorders. ..
- Glatt S, Létoquart J, Faux C, Taylor N, Seraphin B, Müller C. The Elongator subcomplex Elp456 is a hexameric RecA-like ATPase. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2012;19:314-20 pubmed publisher..Our results support a role of Elongator in tRNA modification, explain the importance of each of the Elp4, Elp5 and Elp6 subunits for complex integrity and suggest a model for the overall architecture of the holo-Elongator complex. ..
- Kammerer D, Stevermann L, Liakopoulos D. Ubiquitylation regulates interactions of astral microtubules with the cleavage apparatus. Curr Biol. 2010;20:1233-43 pubmed publisher..Photoconversion experiments showed that Kar9 association with aMTs is stable. We propose that ubiquitylation controls interactions of aMTs with the cleavage apparatus through localized disassembly of Kar9 complexes. ..
- Gombos L, Neuner A, Berynskyy M, Fava L, Wade R, Sachse C, et al. GTP regulates the microtubule nucleation activity of ?-tubulin. Nat Cell Biol. 2013;15:1317-27 pubmed publisher..In vitro and in vivo data show that only ?-tubulin loaded with GTP nucleates microtubules. Our results suggest that GTP recruitment to ?-tubulin enhances its interaction with ??-tubulin similarly to GTP recruitment to ?-tubulin...
- Muir K, Kschonsak M, Li Y, Metz J, Haering C, Panne D. Structure of the Pds5-Scc1 Complex and Implications for Cohesin Function. Cell Rep. 2016;14:2116-2126 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that the integrity of the Pds5-Scc1 interface is indispensable for the recruitment of Pds5 to cohesin, and that its abrogation results in loss of sister chromatid cohesion and cell viability. ..
- Nasertorabi F, Batisse C, Diepholz M, Suck D, BÃ¶ttcher B. Insights into the structure of the CCR4-NOT complex by electron microscopy. FEBS Lett. 2011;585:2182-6 pubmed publisher..The arms form an accessible cavity, which we think could provide an extensive interface for RNA-deadenylation. ..
- Palani S, Meitinger F, Boehm M, Lehmann W, Pereira G. Cdc14-dependent dephosphorylation of Inn1 contributes to Inn1-Cyk3 complex formation. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:3091-6 pubmed publisher..We propose that Cdc14 counteracts Cdk1 phosphorylation of Inn1 to facilitate Inn1-Cyk3 complex formation and so promote cytokinesis. ..
- Taxis C, Maeder C, Reber S, Rathfelder N, Miura K, Greger K, et al. Dynamic organization of the actin cytoskeleton during meiosis and spore formation in budding yeast. Traffic. 2006;7:1628-42 pubmed..However, actin is essential for spore wall formation. This requires the function of the Arp2/3p complex and involves large carbohydrate-rich compartments, which may be chitosome analogous structures. ..
- Riedel C, Mazza M, Maier P, Körner R, Knop M. Differential requirement for phospholipase D/Spo14 and its novel interactor Sma1 for regulation of exocytotic vesicle fusion in yeast meiosis. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:37846-52 pubmed..Together, our results suggest that yeast PLD is involved in two distinct but essential steps during the regulated vesicle fusion necessary for the assembly of the membranous encapsulations of the spores. ..
- Schäfer T, Maco B, Petfalski E, Tollervey D, Bottcher B, Aebi U, et al. Hrr25-dependent phosphorylation state regulates organization of the pre-40S subunit. Nature. 2006;441:651-5 pubmed..In vivo depletion of Hrr25 inhibits growth and leads to the accumulation of immature 40S subunits that contain unstably bound Rps3. We conclude that the kinase activity of Hrr25 regulates the maturation of 40S ribosomal subunits. ..
- Grandi P, Doye V, Hurt E. Purification of NSP1 reveals complex formation with 'GLFG' nucleoporins and a novel nuclear pore protein NIC96. EMBO J. 1993;12:3061-71 pubmed..Therefore, affinity purification of tagged nucleoporins has allowed the definition of a subcomplex of the NPC and analysis of physical interactions between nuclear pore proteins. ..
- Stemmann O, Neidig A, Kocher T, Wilm M, Lechner J. Hsp90 enables Ctf13p/Skp1p to nucleate the budding yeast kinetochore. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:8585-90 pubmed..skp1 mutants exhibit growth defects on media containing geldanamycin. A skp1 mutation together with Hsp90 mutations exhibits synthetic lethality. An Hsp90 mutant contains decreased levels of active Ctf13p/Skp1p. ..
- Subramanian K, Dietrich L, Hou H, LaGrassa T, Meiringer C, Ungermann C. Palmitoylation determines the function of Vac8 at the yeast vacuole. J Cell Sci. 2006;119:2477-85 pubmed..Our data suggest that palmitoylation is not a mere hydrophobic anchor required solely for localization, but influences the protein function(s). ..
- Liakopoulos D, Büsgen T, Brychzy A, Jentsch S, Pause A. Conjugation of the ubiquitin-like protein NEDD8 to cullin-2 is linked to von Hippel-Lindau tumor suppressor function. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:5510-5 pubmed..A tumorigenic pVHL variant, however, is essentially deficient in this activity. Thus, ligation of NEDD8 to hCUL-2 is linked to pVHL activity and may be important for pVHL tumor suppressor function. ..
- Flemming D, Thierbach K, Stelter P, Bottcher B, Hurt E. Precise mapping of subunits in multiprotein complexes by a versatile electron microscopy label. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2010;17:775-8 pubmed publisher..This tag is readily visible on single particles and becomes exceptionally distinct after image processing and classification. Thus, our method is applicable for the exact topological mapping of subunits in macromolecular complexes. ..
- Lygerou Z, Mitchell P, Petfalski E, Seraphin B, Tollervey D. The POP1 gene encodes a protein component common to the RNase MRP and RNase P ribonucleoproteins. Genes Dev. 1994;8:1423-33 pubmed..The POP1 gene encodes a protein with a predicted molecular mass of 100.5 kD and is essential for viability. POP1p is the first protein component of the nuclear RNase P or RNase MRP for which the gene has been cloned. ..
- Diepholz M, Venzke D, Prinz S, Batisse C, Flörchinger B, Rössle M, et al. A different conformation for EGC stator subcomplex in solution and in the assembled yeast V-ATPase: possible implications for regulatory disassembly. Structure. 2008;16:1789-98 pubmed publisher..However, the relative arrangement of the EG and C subunits in solution is more open than that in the holoenzyme, suggesting a conformational change of EGC during regulatory assembly and disassembly. ..
- Rampelt H, Kirstein Miles J, Nillegoda N, Chi K, Scholz S, Morimoto R, et al. Metazoan Hsp70 machines use Hsp110 to power protein disaggregation. EMBO J. 2012;31:4221-35 pubmed publisher..We conclude that in metazoa, Hsp70-Hsp40 powered by Hsp110 nucleotide exchange represents the crucial disaggregation machinery that reestablishes protein homeostasis to counteract protein unfolding stress. ..
- Tahirovic S, Schorr M, Then A, Berger J, Schwarz H, Mayinger P. Role for lipid signaling and the cell integrity MAP kinase cascade in yeast septum biogenesis. Curr Genet. 2003;43:71-8 pubmed..Our data therefore indicate that Sac1p and Slt2p have synergistic roles in regulating chitin septum biogenesis. ..
- Meitinger F, Richter H, Heisel S, Hub B, Seufert W, Pereira G. A safeguard mechanism regulates Rho GTPases to coordinate cytokinesis with the establishment of cell polarity. PLoS Biol. 2013;11:e1001495 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide unexpected insights into the temporal control of cytokinesis and describe the importance of a Gps1-dependent mechanism for highly accurate polarity switching between two closely connected locations. ..
- Bastians H, Ponstingl H. The novel human protein serine/threonine phosphatase 6 is a functional homologue of budding yeast Sit4p and fission yeast ppe1, which are involved in cell cycle regulation. J Cell Sci. 1996;109 ( Pt 12):2865-74 pubmed..These data indicate that human PP6 is a functional homologue of budding yeast Sit4p and fission yeast ppe1, implying a function of PP6 in cell cycle regulation. ..
- König C, Maekawa H, Schiebel E. Mutual regulation of cyclin-dependent kinase and the mitotic exit network. J Cell Biol. 2010;188:351-68 pubmed publisher..Consistent with this model, only triple mutants that lack BUB2 and the Cdk1 phosphorylation sites in Mob1 and Cdc15 show mitotic exit defects. ..
- Raviol H, Sadlish H, Rodriguez F, Mayer M, Bukau B. Chaperone network in the yeast cytosol: Hsp110 is revealed as an Hsp70 nucleotide exchange factor. EMBO J. 2006;25:2510-8 pubmed..This is the first report of a nucleotide exchange activity for the Hsp110 class of proteins, and provides a key piece in the puzzle of the cellular chaperone network. ..
- Gibeaux R, Politi A, Nedelec F, Antony C, Knop M. Spindle pole body-anchored Kar3 drives the nucleus along microtubules from another nucleus in preparation for nuclear fusion during yeast karyogamy. Genes Dev. 2013;27:335-49 pubmed publisher..Therefore, a twofold symmetrical application of the core principle that drives nuclear migration in higher cells is used in yeast to drive nuclei toward each other before nuclear fusion. ..
- Milles S, Koehler C, Gambin Y, Deniz A, Lemke E. Intramolecular three-colour single pair FRET of intrinsically disordered proteins with increased dynamic range. Mol Biosyst. 2012;8:2531-4 pubmed publisher..Using a straightforward triple-colour labelling strategy, we present a measurement and analysis scheme that can simultaneously study multiple regions within single intrinsically disordered proteins. ..
- Lewis J, Gorlich D, Mattaj I. A yeast cap binding protein complex (yCBC) acts at an early step in pre-mRNA splicing. Nucleic Acids Res. 1996;24:3332-6 pubmed..These results, together with other data, suggest that CBCs play a highly conserved role in the recognition of pre-mRNA substrates at an early step in the splicing process. ..
- Lygerou Z, Pluk H, van Venrooij W, Seraphin B. hPop1: an autoantigenic protein subunit shared by the human RNase P and RNase MRP ribonucleoproteins. EMBO J. 1996;15:5936-48 pubmed..A certain class of autoimmune patient serum precipitates in vitro-translated hPop1. hPop1 is therefore an autoantigen in patients suffering from connective tissue diseases. ..
- Venema J, Bousquet Antonelli C, Gelugne J, Caizergues Ferrer M, Tollervey D. Rok1p is a putative RNA helicase required for rRNA processing. Mol Cell Biol. 1997;17:3398-407 pubmed..These results suggest that Rok1p is required for the function of the snoRNP complex carrying out the early pre-rRNA cleavage reactions. ..
- Milkereit P, Tschochner H. A specialized form of RNA polymerase I, essential for initiation and growth-dependent regulation of rRNA synthesis, is disrupted during transcription. EMBO J. 1998;17:3692-703 pubmed..We propose that the formation and disruption of the pol I-Rrn3p complex reflects a molecular switch for regulating rRNA synthesis and its growth rate-dependent regulation. ..
- Gaxiola R, de Larrinoa I, Villalba J, Serrano R. A novel and conserved salt-induced protein is an important determinant of salt tolerance in yeast. EMBO J. 1992;11:3157-64 pubmed..These results suggest that yeast serves as a convenient model system for the molecular biology of plant salt tolerance. ..
- Dietrich L, Peplowska K, LaGrassa T, Hou H, Rohde J, Ungermann C. The SNARE Ykt6 is released from yeast vacuoles during an early stage of fusion. EMBO Rep. 2005;6:245-50 pubmed..On the basis of these and other findings, we speculate that Ykt6 is released from membranes by depalmitoylation. Such a mechanism could enable recycling of this lipid-anchored SNARE from the vacuole independent of retrograde transport. ..
- Maier P, Rathfelder N, Maeder C, Colombelli J, Stelzer E, Knop M. The SpoMBe pathway drives membrane bending necessary for cytokinesis and spore formation in yeast meiosis. EMBO J. 2008;27:2363-74 pubmed publisher..Rather, repulsive forces generated by asymmetrically distributed and dynamically moving GPI-proteins are suggested as the membrane-bending principle. ..
- Braunwarth A, Fromont Racine M, Legrain P, Bischoff F, Gerstberger T, Hurt E, et al. Identification and characterization of a novel RanGTP-binding protein in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:15397-405 pubmed..Based on these results and the exclusive conservation of the protein in the fungal kingdom, we hypothesize that Yrb30p represents a novel modulator of the Ran GTPase switch related to fungal lifestyle. ..
- Tollervey D, Lehtonen H, Carmo Fonseca M, Hurt E. The small nucleolar RNP protein NOP1 (fibrillarin) is required for pre-rRNA processing in yeast. EMBO J. 1991;10:573-83 pubmed..The snoRNAs synthesized in the absence of NOP1 retain TMG cap structures. Subnuclear fractionation and immunocytochemistry indicate that they continue to be localized in the nucleolus. ..
- Nadal Ribelles M, Sol C, Xu Z, Steinmetz L, de Nadal E, Posas F. Control of Cdc28 CDK1 by a stress-induced lncRNA. Mol Cell. 2014;53:549-61 pubmed publisher..The increase in the levels of Cdc28 results in cells able to reenter the cell cycle more efficiently after stress. This may represent a general mechanism to prime expression of genes needed after stresses are alleviated...
- Russell I, Tollervey D. Yeast Nop3p has structural and functional similarities to mammalian pre-mRNA binding proteins. Eur J Cell Biol. 1995;66:293-301 pubmed..We have, however, detected no splicing defects in strains genetically depleted to Nop3p or carrying a temperature-sensitive allele. ..
- Wilkening S, Pelechano V, Järvelin A, Tekkedil M, Anders S, Benes V, et al. An efficient method for genome-wide polyadenylation site mapping and RNA quantification. Nucleic Acids Res. 2013;41:e65 pubmed publisher..Finally, we observe that overlap of convergent 3'-UTRs is frequent but sharply limited by coding regions, suggesting factors that restrict compression of the yeast genome. ..
- Mogk A, Bukau B. Molecular chaperones: structure of a protein disaggregase. Curr Biol. 2004;14:R78-80 pubmed..The newly determined crystal structure of ClpB provides new insights into the mechanism of protein disaggregation, suggesting a crowbar activity mediated by a unique coiled-coil domain. ..
- Jansen R, Tollervey D, Hurt E. A U3 snoRNP protein with homology to splicing factor PRP4 and G beta domains is required for ribosomal RNA processing. EMBO J. 1993;12:2549-58 pubmed..In vivo depletion of SOF1 leads to impaired pre-rRNA processing and inhibition of 18S rRNA production. Thus, SOF1 is a new component of the nucleolar rRNA processing machinery. ..
- Ulbrich C, Diepholz M, Bassler J, Kressler D, Pertschy B, Galani K, et al. Mechanochemical removal of ribosome biogenesis factors from nascent 60S ribosomal subunits. Cell. 2009;138:911-22 pubmed publisher..Thus, Rea1 aligns with its interacting partners on the preribosome to effect a necessary step on the path to the export-competent 60S subunit. ..
- Mitchell P, Petfalski E, Shevchenko A, Mann M, Tollervey D. The exosome: a conserved eukaryotic RNA processing complex containing multiple 3'-->5' exoribonucleases. Cell. 1997;91:457-66 pubmed..8S rRNA. Human Rrp4p is found in a comparably sized complex, and expression of the hRRP4 gene in yeast complements the rrp4-1 mutation. We conclude that the exosome constitutes a highly conserved eukaryotic RNA processing complex. ..
- Andréasson C, Fiaux J, Rampelt H, Mayer M, Bukau B. Hsp110 is a nucleotide-activated exchange factor for Hsp70. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:8877-84 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate that in contrast to previously characterized NEFs for Hsp70 chaperones, the NEF activity of Sse1 requires nucleotide binding and let us propose a new model for Hsp110 function. ..
- Korz C, Pscherer A, Benner A, Mertens D, Schaffner C, Leupolt E, et al. Evidence for distinct pathomechanisms in B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia and mantle cell lymphoma by quantitative expression analysis of cell cycle and apoptosis-associated genes. Blood. 2002;99:4554-61 pubmed..In contrast, in MCL the impairment of apoptosis induction seems to play a minor role, whereas most expression data indicate an enhancement of cell proliferation. ..
- Cavalli G, Paro R. Epigenetic inheritance of active chromatin after removal of the main transactivator. Science. 1999;286:955-8 pubmed..This feature may allow epigenetic maintenance of active states of developmental genes after decay of their early embryonic regulators. ..
- Panneels V, Schüssler U, Costagliola S, Sinning I. Choline head groups stabilize the matrix loop regions of the ATP/ADP carrier ScAAC2. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;300:65-74 pubmed..Since in addition phosphatidylcholine was found to be tightly associated with the purified carrier, the matrix loop regions are likely to be associated to the membrane by phosphatidylcholine. ..
- Specht S, Miller S, Mogk A, Bukau B. Hsp42 is required for sequestration of protein aggregates into deposition sites in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Cell Biol. 2011;195:617-29 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that Hsp42 acts via its amino-terminal domain to coaggregate with misfolded proteins and perhaps link such complexes to further sorting factors. ..
- Rost D, Mahner S, Sugiyama Y, Stremmel W. Expression and localization of the multidrug resistance-associated protein 3 in rat small and large intestine. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2002;282:G720-6 pubmed..Our findings demonstrate a high expression of rat MRP3 in ileum and colon and provide evidence for an involvement of MRP3 in the ATP-dependent transport of organic anions, including bile salts from the enterocyte into blood. ..
- Grandi P, Schlaich N, Tekotte H, Hurt E. Functional interaction of Nic96p with a core nucleoporin complex consisting of Nsp1p, Nup49p and a novel protein Nup57p. EMBO J. 1995;14:76-87 pubmed
- Kupke T, Di Cecco L, Muller H, Neuner A, Adolf F, Wieland F, et al. Targeting of Nbp1 to the inner nuclear membrane is essential for spindle pole body duplication. EMBO J. 2011;30:3337-52 pubmed publisher..These data define the targeting pathway of a SPB component and suggest that the amphipathic ?-helix of Nbp1 is important for SPB insertion into the NE from within the nucleus. ..
- Skruzny M, Schneider C, Rácz A, Weng J, Tollervey D, Hurt E. An endoribonuclease functionally linked to perinuclear mRNP quality control associates with the nuclear pore complexes. PLoS Biol. 2009;7:e8 pubmed publisher..The data suggest that Swt1 endoribonuclease might be transiently recruited to NPCs to initiate the degradation of defective pre-mRNPs or mRNPs trapped at nuclear periphery in order to avoid their cytoplasmic export and translation...
- Förch P, Puig O, Kedersha N, Martinez C, Granneman S, Seraphin B, et al. The apoptosis-promoting factor TIA-1 is a regulator of alternative pre-mRNA splicing. Mol Cell. 2000;6:1089-98 pubmed
- Lygerou Z, Conesa C, Lesage P, Swanson R, Ruet A, Carlson M, et al. The yeast BDF1 gene encodes a transcription factor involved in the expression of a broad class of genes including snRNAs. Nucleic Acids Res. 1994;22:5332-40 pubmed..BDF1 encodes a protein of 687 amino-acids containing two copies of the bromodomain, a motif also present in other transcription factors as well as a new conserved domain, the ET domain, also present in Drosophila and human proteins. ..
- Meitinger F, Boehm M, Hofmann A, Hub B, Zentgraf H, Lehmann W, et al. Phosphorylation-dependent regulation of the F-BAR protein Hof1 during cytokinesis. Genes Dev. 2011;25:875-88 pubmed publisher..Genetic and functional data support a model in which Dbf2-Mob1 regulates Hof1 by inducing domain rearrangements, leading to the exposure of the Hof1 RLS domain during telophase. ..
- Lygerou Z, Christophides G, Seraphin B. A novel genetic screen for snRNP assembly factors in yeast identifies a conserved protein, Sad1p, also required for pre-mRNA splicing. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:2008-20 pubmed..Sad1p contains a putative zinc finger and is phylogenetically highly conserved, with homologues identified in human, Caenorhabditis elegans, Arabidospis, and Drosophila. ..
- Khmelinskii A, Roostalu J, Roque H, Antony C, Schiebel E. Phosphorylation-dependent protein interactions at the spindle midzone mediate cell cycle regulation of spindle elongation. Dev Cell. 2009;17:244-56 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal that sliding forces at the midzone are activated by separase and explain how spindle elongation is triggered with anaphase entry. ..
- Caydasi A, Kurtulmus B, Orrico M, Hofmann A, Ibrahim B, Pereira G. Elm1 kinase activates the spindle position checkpoint kinase Kin4. J Cell Biol. 2010;190:975-89 pubmed publisher..These findings establish a novel function for Elm1 in the coordination of spindle positioning with cell cycle progression via its control of Kin4. ..
- LaGrassa T, Ungermann C. The vacuolar kinase Yck3 maintains organelle fragmentation by regulating the HOPS tethering complex. J Cell Biol. 2005;168:401-14 pubmed..Because Yck3 also promotes efficient vacuole inheritance, we propose that tethering complex phosphorylation is a part of a general, switch-like mechanism for driving changes in organelle architecture. ..