Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on nuclear pore complex proteins in Heidelberg, Baden Württemberg, Germany
Locale: Heidelberg, Baden Württemberg, Germany
Topic: nuclear pore complex proteins
- Grandi P, Doye V, Hurt E. Purification of NSP1 reveals complex formation with 'GLFG' nucleoporins and a novel nuclear pore protein NIC96. EMBO J. 1993;12:3061-71 pubmed..Therefore, affinity purification of tagged nucleoporins has allowed the definition of a subcomplex of the NPC and analysis of physical interactions between nuclear pore proteins. ..
- Kupke T, Di Cecco L, Muller H, Neuner A, Adolf F, Wieland F, et al. Targeting of Nbp1 to the inner nuclear membrane is essential for spindle pole body duplication. EMBO J. 2011;30:3337-52 pubmed publisher..These data define the targeting pathway of a SPB component and suggest that the amphipathic ?-helix of Nbp1 is important for SPB insertion into the NE from within the nucleus. ..
- Sezen B, Seedorf M, Schiebel E. The SESA network links duplication of the yeast centrosome with the protein translation machinery. Genes Dev. 2009;23:1559-70 pubmed publisher..We suggest that the SESA network provides a mechanism by which cells can regulate the translation of specific mRNAs. This regulation is used to coordinate competing events in the nuclear envelope. ..
- Franz C, Askjaer P, Antonin W, Iglesias C, Haselmann U, Schelder M, et al. Nup155 regulates nuclear envelope and nuclear pore complex formation in nematodes and vertebrates. EMBO J. 2005;24:3519-31 pubmed..Time-course experiments indicated that Nup155 is recruited to chromatin at the time of NE sealing, suggesting that nuclear pore complex assembly has to progress to a relatively late stage before NE membrane assembly occurs. ..
- Milles S, Huy Bui K, Koehler C, Eltsov M, Beck M, Lemke E. Facilitated aggregation of FG nucleoporins under molecular crowding conditions. EMBO Rep. 2013;14:178-83 pubmed publisher..The superb spatial resolving power of EM also reveals that hydrogels are enlaced amyloid fibres, and these findings have implications for existing transport models and for NPC assembly. ..
- Franz C, Walczak R, Yavuz S, Santarella R, Gentzel M, Askjaer P, et al. MEL-28/ELYS is required for the recruitment of nucleoporins to chromatin and postmitotic nuclear pore complex assembly. EMBO Rep. 2007;8:165-72 pubmed..We suggest that MEL-28 acts as a seeding point for NPC assembly. ..
- Galy V, Mattaj I, Askjaer P. Caenorhabditis elegans nucleoporins Nup93 and Nup205 determine the limit of nuclear pore complex size exclusion in vivo. Mol Biol Cell. 2003;14:5104-15 pubmed..Thus, the contribution to NPC structure of Nup93 and Nup205 is essential for establishment of normal NPC function and for cell viability. ..
- Walther T, Askjaer P, Gentzel M, Habermann A, Griffiths G, Wilm M, et al. RanGTP mediates nuclear pore complex assembly. Nature. 2003;424:689-94 pubmed..The data demonstrate that RanGTP triggers distinct steps of NPC assembly, and suggest a mechanism for the spatial restriction of NPC assembly to the surface of chromatin. ..
- Grandi P, Schlaich N, Tekotte H, Hurt E. Functional interaction of Nic96p with a core nucleoporin complex consisting of Nsp1p, Nup49p and a novel protein Nup57p. EMBO J. 1995;14:76-87 pubmed
- Wimmer C, Doye V, Grandi P, Nehrbass U, Hurt E. A new subclass of nucleoporins that functionally interact with nuclear pore protein NSP1. EMBO J. 1992;11:5051-61 pubmed..These data provide in vivo evidence that distinct subclasses of nucleoporins physically interact or share overlapping function in nuclear pore complexes. ..
- Doye V, Wepf R, Hurt E. A novel nuclear pore protein Nup133p with distinct roles in poly(A)+ RNA transport and nuclear pore distribution. EMBO J. 1994;13:6062-75 pubmed
- Milles S, Koehler C, Gambin Y, Deniz A, Lemke E. Intramolecular three-colour single pair FRET of intrinsically disordered proteins with increased dynamic range. Mol Biosyst. 2012;8:2531-4 pubmed publisher..Using a straightforward triple-colour labelling strategy, we present a measurement and analysis scheme that can simultaneously study multiple regions within single intrinsically disordered proteins. ..
- Grandi P, Emig S, Weise C, Hucho F, Pohl T, Hurt E. A novel nuclear pore protein Nup82p which specifically binds to a fraction of Nsp1p. J Cell Biol. 1995;130:1263-73 pubmed..This shows that Nsp1p participates in multiple interactions at the NPC and thus has the capability to physically interact with different NPC structures. ..
- Forler D, Rabut G, Ciccarelli F, Herold A, Kocher T, Niggeweg R, et al. RanBP2/Nup358 provides a major binding site for NXF1-p15 dimers at the nuclear pore complex and functions in nuclear mRNA export. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:1155-67 pubmed..In RanBP2-depleted cells, NXF1 diffuses freely through the cytoplasm. Consequently, the nuclear levels of the protein decrease and export of bulk mRNA is impaired. ..
- Flotho A, Werner A. The RanBP2/RanGAP1*SUMO1/Ubc9 complex: a multisubunit E3 ligase at the intersection of sumoylation and the RanGTPase cycle. Nucleus. 2012;3:429-32 pubmed publisher..In this ExtraView we summarize our results and discuss some ideas about a potential coupling of both processes. ..
- Voss H, Benes V, Andrade M, Valencia A, Rechmann S, Teodoru C, et al. DNA sequencing and analysis of 130 kb from yeast chromosome XV. Yeast. 1997;13:655-72 pubmed..For each ORF detailed sequence analysis was carried out, with a full consideration of its biological function and pointing out key regions of interest for further functional analysis. ..
- Fullekrug J, Suganuma T, Tang B, Hong W, Storrie B, Nilsson T. Localization and recycling of gp27 (hp24gamma3): complex formation with other p24 family members. Mol Biol Cell. 1999;10:1939-55 pubmed
- Walther T, Alves A, Pickersgill H, Loiodice I, Hetzer M, Galy V, et al. The conserved Nup107-160 complex is critical for nuclear pore complex assembly. Cell. 2003;113:195-206 pubmed..Depletion also prevented association of FG-repeat nucleoporins with chromatin. We propose a stepwise model in which postmitotic NPC assembly initiates on chromatin via early recruitment of the Nup107-160 complex. ..
- Flemming D, Sarges P, Stelter P, Hellwig A, Bottcher B, Hurt E. Two structurally distinct domains of the nucleoporin Nup170 cooperate to tether a subset of nucleoporins to nuclear pores. J Cell Biol. 2009;185:387-95 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Nup170 performs its role as a structural adapter between cytoplasmically oriented Nups and the nuclear pore membrane...
- Yao W, Lutzmann M, Hurt E. A versatile interaction platform on the Mex67-Mtr2 receptor creates an overlap between mRNA and ribosome export. EMBO J. 2008;27:6-16 pubmed..Thus, the Mex67-Mtr2 export receptor employs a versatile binding platform on its surface that could create a crosstalk between mRNA and ribosome export pathways. ..
- von Kobbe C -, van Deursen JM -, Rodrigues J, Sitterlin D, Bachi A, Wu X, et al. Vesicular stomatitis virus matrix protein inhibits host cell gene expression by targeting the nucleoporin Nup98. Mol Cell. 2000;6:1243-52 pubmed..Together, our data demonstrate that VSV M inhibits host cell gene expression by targeting a nucleoporin and primarily blocking nuclear export. ..
- Zwerger M, Kolb T, Richter K, Karakesisoglou I, Herrmann H. Induction of a massive endoplasmic reticulum and perinuclear space expansion by expression of lamin B receptor mutants and the related sterol reductases TM7SF2 and DHCR7. Mol Biol Cell. 2010;21:354-68 pubmed publisher..Hence, LBR mutant variants and sterol reductases can severely interfere with the regular organization of the nuclear envelope and the endoplasmic reticulum. ..
- Mohr D, Frey S, Fischer T, Guttler T, Gorlich D. Characterisation of the passive permeability barrier of nuclear pore complexes. EMBO J. 2009;28:2541-53 pubmed publisher..This suggests that passive and facilitated NPC passage proceed through one and the same permeability barrier. ..
- Szymborska A, De Marco A, Daigle N, Cordes V, Briggs J, Ellenberg J. Nuclear pore scaffold structure analyzed by super-resolution microscopy and particle averaging. Science. 2013;341:655-8 pubmed publisher..Thus, light microscopy can be used to study the molecular organization of large protein complexes in situ in whole cells. ..
- Ciccarelli F, von Mering C, Suyama M, Harrington E, Izaurralde E, Bork P. Complex genomic rearrangements lead to novel primate gene function. Genome Res. 2005;15:343-51 pubmed..We have experimentally verified that at least one of the newly formed proteins has a cellular localization different from RanBP2's, and we show that positive selection did act on specific domains during evolution. ..
- Yavuz S, Santarella Mellwig R, Koch B, Jaedicke A, Mattaj I, Antonin W. NLS-mediated NPC functions of the nucleoporin Pom121. FEBS Lett. 2010;584:3292-8 pubmed publisher..We propose that the NLS sites of Pom121 affect its function in NPC assembly both by influencing nucleoporin interactions and pore membrane structure...
- Werner A, Flotho A, Melchior F. The RanBP2/RanGAP1*SUMO1/Ubc9 complex is a multisubunit SUMO E3 ligase. Mol Cell. 2012;46:287-98 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide insights into the mechanism of an important E3 ligase, and extend the concept of multisubunit E3 ligases from ubiquitin to the SUMO field. ..