Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mice in Mannheim, Baden Württemberg, Germany
Locale: Mannheim, Baden Württemberg, Germany
Publications132 found, 100 shown here
- Zeilfelder U, Frank O, Sparacio S, Schön U, Bosch V, Seifarth W, et al. The potential of retroviral vectors to cotransfer human endogenous retroviruses (HERVs) from human packaging cell lines. Gene. 2007;390:175-9 pubmed..Furthermore, our results suggest that particle preparations are frequently contaminated by cellular vesicles (exosomes) containing cellular RNAs including HERV transcripts. ..
- Knauber J, Muller W. Decreased exploratory activity and impaired passive avoidance behaviour in mice deficient for the alpha(1b)-adrenoceptor. Eur Neuropsychopharmacol. 2000;10:423-7 pubmed..Furthermore, this model of knockout mice may be useful in elucidating the role of alpha(1B)-AR in dementias involving deficits of the noradrenergic system. ..
- Hagl C, Klotz M, Wink E, Kränzle K, Holland Cunz S, Gretz N, et al. Temporal and regional morphological differences as a consequence of FGF-2 deficiency are mirrored in the myenteric proteome. Pediatr Surg Int. 2008;24:49-60 pubmed..Whether the revealed deficits in the mucous barrier are indebted to the morphological alterations in the ENS cannot yet be proved, but is very likely. ..
- Feng Y, Pfister F, Schreiter K, Wang Y, Stock O, Vom Hagen F, et al. Angiopoietin-2 deficiency decelerates age-dependent vascular changes in the mouse retina. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2008;21:129-36 pubmed publisher..This effect links to higher levels of survival factors such as VEGF and Ang-1, suggesting that the ratio of these factors is critical for capillary cell survival. ..
- Schonig K, Bujard H, Gossen M. The power of reversibility regulating gene activities via tetracycline-controlled transcription. Methods Enzymol. 2010;477:429-53 pubmed publisher..Finally, we highlight some recent exciting applications of the Tet technology as well as its foreseeable combination with other emerging technologies in mouse transgenesis. ..
- Hahn N, Dietz C, Kühl S, Vossmerbaeumer U, Kroll J. KLEIP deficiency in mice causes progressive corneal neovascular dystrophy. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2012;53:3260-8 pubmed publisher..The data identify KLEIP as an important molecule regulating corneal epithelial integrity. ..
- Schambach S, Bag S, Groden C, Schilling L, Brockmann M. Vascular imaging in small rodents using micro-CT. Methods. 2010;50:26-35 pubmed publisher..Our setup in mice is at isotropic resolutions up to 16 microm with scanning times less than 1 min. The described protocol also addresses some of the technical challenges associated with the imaging of vascular structures in mice models. ..
- Geginat G, Schenk S, Skoberne M, Goebel W, Hof H. A novel approach of direct ex vivo epitope mapping identifies dominant and subdominant CD4 and CD8 T cell epitopes from Listeria monocytogenes. J Immunol. 2001;166:1877-84 pubmed
- Biedermann S, Fuss J, Steinle J, Auer M, Dormann C, FalfÃ¡n Melgoza C, et al. The hippocampus and exercise: histological correlates of MR-detected volume changes. Brain Struct Funct. 2016;221:1353-63 pubmed publisher..Although neurogenesis appears to be an important marker of higher hippocampal gray matter volume, a monocausal relationship was not indicated, requesting further investigations. ..
- Spanagel R, Siegmund S, Cowen M, Schroff K, Schumann G, Fiserova M, et al. The neuronal nitric oxide synthase gene is critically involved in neurobehavioral effects of alcohol. J Neurosci. 2002;22:8676-83 pubmed..In summary, the nNOS gene is critically involved in the regulation of neurobehavioral effects of alcohol. ..
- Kriz W, Shirato I, Nagata M, LeHir M, Lemley K. The podocyte's response to stress: the enigma of foot process effacement. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2013;304:F333-47 pubmed publisher..We raise the hypothesis that foot process effacement represents a protective response of podocytes to escape detachment from the GBM. ..
- Peitsch W, Bulkescher J, Spring H, Hofmann I, Goerdt S, Franke W. Dynamics of the actin-binding protein drebrin in motile cells and definition of a juxtanuclear drebrin-enriched zone. Exp Cell Res. 2006;312:2605-18 pubmed..In particular, the novel, sizable juxtanuclear DZ structure will have to be characterized in future experiments with respect to its molecular assembly and cell biological functions. ..
- Laudato S, Patil N, Abba M, Leupold J, Benner A, Gaiser T, et al. P53-induced miR-30e-5p inhibits colorectal cancer invasion and metastasis by targeting ITGA6 and ITGB1. Int J Cancer. 2017;141:1879-1890 pubmed publisher..Finally, we found miR-30e-5p to be lost in resected CRC tumors as compared to normal colon tissues. Taken together, miR-30e-5p is a novel effector of P53-induced suppression of migration, invasion and metastasis. ..
- Witt C, Ono Y, Puschmann E, McNabb M, Wu Y, Gotthardt M, et al. Induction and myofibrillar targeting of CARP, and suppression of the Nkx2.5 pathway in the MDM mouse with impaired titin-based signaling. J Mol Biol. 2004;336:145-54 pubmed..skeletal and cardiac muscle from heterozygous mdm/+ animals, and (3). dystrophic muscles from MDX mice. Thus, the altered composition of the titin N2A complex is specific for the titin-based skeletal muscular dystrophy in MDM. ..
- Puellmann K, Kaminski W, Vogel M, Nebe C, Schroeder J, Wolf H, et al. A variable immunoreceptor in a subpopulation of human neutrophils. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:14441-6 pubmed..Our results, which also demonstrate the presence of the TCR in murine neutrophils, suggest the coexistence of a variable and an innate host defense system in mammalian neutrophils. ..
- Marinescu M, Sun L, Fatar M, Neubauer A, Schad L, van Ryn J, et al. Cerebral Microbleeds in Murine Amyloid Angiopathy: Natural Course and Anticoagulant Effects. Stroke. 2017;48:2248-2254 pubmed publisher..Nevertheless, warfarin but not dabigatran is associated with a higher risk of extensive intracerebral hemorrhage, suggesting that this model may allow preclinical safety evaluation of antithrombotic therapies. ..
- Thaler S, Schmidt M, Schad A, Sleeman J. RASSF1A inhibits estrogen receptor alpha expression and estrogen-independent signalling: implications for breast cancer development. Oncogene. 2012;31:4912-22 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that RASSF1A has a key role in suppressing the transformation of human breast epithelial cells and ER?+ breast cancer initiation. ..
- Skoberne M, Geginat G. Efficient in vivo presentation of Listeria monocytogenes- derived CD4 and CD8 T cell epitopes in the absence of IFN-gamma. J Immunol. 2002;168:1854-60 pubmed..monocytogenes-derived antigenic peptides by professional APCs in vivo. ..
- Michel J, Schönhaar K, Schledzewski K, Gkaniatsou C, Sticht C, Kellert B, et al. Identification of the novel differentiation marker MS4A8B and its murine homolog MS4A8A in colonic epithelial cells lost during neoplastic transformation in human colon. Cell Death Dis. 2013;4:e469 pubmed publisher..The absence of MS4A8B in human colonic adenocarcinomas shown in this study might be a helpful tool to differentiate between healthy and neoplastic tissue. ..
- Pappelbaum K, Gorzelanny C, Grässle S, Suckau J, Laschke M, Bischoff M, et al. Ultralarge von Willebrand factor fibers mediate luminal Staphylococcus aureus adhesion to an intact endothelial cell layer under shear stress. Circulation. 2013;128:50-9 pubmed publisher..An intervention reducing the ULVWF formation with heparin or ADAMTS13 suggests novel therapeutic options to prevent infective endocarditis. ..
- Spanagel R, Rosenwasser A, Schumann G, Sarkar D. Alcohol consumption and the body's biological clock. Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 2005;29:1550-7 pubmed..Further steps in this pathologic chain are alterations in physiological and immune functions that are under circadian control, and, as a final consequence, addictive behavior might be triggered or sustained by this cascade. ..
- Busch R, Baldus M, Vogt M, Berger S, Bartsch D, Gass P, et al. Effects of p75NTR deficiency on cholinergic innervation of the amygdala and anxiety-like behavior. J Neurochem. 2017;141:461-471 pubmed publisher..Thus, deletion of p75NTR in mice leads to physiological and morphological changes in the amygdala and altered behavior that is linked to the limbic system. ..
- Feng D, Wang Y, Wang H, Weng H, Kong X, Martin Murphy B, et al. Acute and chronic effects of IL-22 on acetaminophen-induced liver injury. J Immunol. 2014;193:2512-8 pubmed publisher..These findings may not only enhance our understanding of the effects of chronic inflammation on AILI in patients with liver disease, but are also helpful to identify novel therapeutic targets for the treatment of AILI. ..
- Chessa F, Mathow D, Wang S, Hielscher T, Atzberger A, Porubsky S, et al. The renal microenvironment modifies dendritic cell phenotype. Kidney Int. 2016;89:82-94 pubmed publisher..Thus, the medullary environment inhibits an alloimmune response by modulating the phenotype and function of dendritic cells. ..
- Rothfels H, Paschen A, Schadendorf D. Evaluation of combined gene regulatory elements for transcriptional targeting of suicide gene expression to malignant melanoma. Exp Dermatol. 2003;12:799-810 pubmed..Our data indicate that the enhancer/tyrosinase and enhancer/MIA promoter constructs but not the viral promoter constructs can provide a valuable tool for selective suicide gene expression in melanoma. ..
- Velten L, Haas S, Raffel S, Blaszkiewicz S, Islam S, Hennig B, et al. Human haematopoietic stem cell lineage commitment is a continuous process. Nat Cell Biol. 2017;19:271-281 pubmed publisher..These data reveal a continuous landscape of human steady-state haematopoiesis downstream of HSCs and provide a basis for the understanding of haematopoietic malignancies...
- Feng Y, Vom Hagen F, Wang Y, Beck S, Schreiter K, Pfister F, et al. The absence of angiopoietin-2 leads to abnormal vascular maturation and persistent proliferative retinopathy. Thromb Haemost. 2009;102:120-30 pubmed publisher..Secondarily, prolonged VEGF activity results in a model of persistent proliferative retinopathy. ..
- Fuss J, Ben Abdallah N, Hensley F, Weber K, Hellweg R, Gass P. Deletion of running-induced hippocampal neurogenesis by irradiation prevents development of an anxious phenotype in mice. PLoS ONE. 2010;5: pubmed publisher..In summary, our data demonstrate to our knowledge for the first time that increased neurogenesis has a causative implication in the induction of anxiety. ..
- Dooley S, Hamzavi J, Ciuclan L, Godoy P, Ilkavets I, Ehnert S, et al. Hepatocyte-specific Smad7 expression attenuates TGF-beta-mediated fibrogenesis and protects against liver damage. Gastroenterology. 2008;135:642-59 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, ablation of TGF-beta signaling specifically in this cell type is sufficient to blunt the fibrogenic response. ..
- Hummerich R, Schloss P. Serotonin--more than a neurotransmitter: transglutaminase-mediated serotonylation of C6 glioma cells and fibronectin. Neurochem Int. 2010;57:67-75 pubmed publisher..Electrophoretic separation of MDC-labelled C6 cells identified several distinct fluorescent proteins one of which was fibronectin. ..
- Inta D, Vogt M, Perreau Lenz S, Schneider M, Pfeiffer N, Wojcik S, et al. Sensorimotor gating, working and social memory deficits in mice with reduced expression of the vesicular glutamate transporter VGLUT1. Behav Brain Res. 2012;228:328-32 pubmed publisher..Our data may be important for a better understanding of the contribution of reduced VGLUT1-mediated presynaptic glutamatergic neurotransmission in the generation of several behavioural abnormalities associated with schizophrenia. ..
- Dietrich N, Hammes H. Retinal digest preparation: a method to study diabetic retinopathy. Methods Mol Biol. 2012;933:291-302 pubmed publisher..The digestion method uses the enzyme trypsin and enables the precise evaluation of venolar and arteriolar diameters, endothelial cell and pericyte numbers, and the formation of acellular capillaries. ..
- Pfister F, Feng Y, Vom Hagen F, Hoffmann S, Molema G, Hillebrands J, et al. Pericyte migration: a novel mechanism of pericyte loss in experimental diabetic retinopathy. Diabetes. 2008;57:2495-502 pubmed publisher..Diabetic pericyte loss is the result of pericyte migration, and this process is modulated by the Ang-Tie system. ..
- Chourbaji S, Brandwein C, Vogt M, Dormann C, Mueller R, Drescher K, et al. Dopamine receptor 3 (D3) knockout mice show regular emotional behaviour. Pharmacol Res. 2008;58:302-7 pubmed publisher..Hence, these results do not indicate an evident involvement of the D3 receptor in the development of a depression-like syndrome in mice for now. This does, however, not exclude the D3 receptor as a potential target for pharmacotherapy. ..
- Hillgruber C, Steingräber A, Poppelmann B, Denis C, Ware J, Vestweber D, et al. Blocking von Willebrand factor for treatment of cutaneous inflammation. J Invest Dermatol. 2014;134:77-86 pubmed publisher..Of particular importance, anti-VWF treatment was effective both in prophylactic and therapeutic administration. Thus, VWF represents a promising target for the treatment of cutaneous inflammation, e.g., leukocytoclastic vasculitis. ..
- Farhadi M, Capelle H, Erber R, Ullrich A, Vajkoczy P. Combined inhibition of vascular endothelial growth factor and platelet-derived growth factor signaling: effects on the angiogenesis, microcirculation, and growth of orthotopic malignant gliomas. J Neurosurg. 2005;102:363-70 pubmed..This also applies to malignant gliomas, despite the uniqueness of the cerebral microenvironment and the singular pathobiology of this tumor entity. ..
- Meyer C, Godoy P, Bachmann A, Liu Y, Barzan D, Ilkavets I, et al. Distinct role of endocytosis for Smad and non-Smad TGF-? signaling regulation in hepatocytes. J Hepatol. 2011;55:369-78 pubmed publisher..Endocytosis is critical for TGF-? signaling regulation in hepatocytes and determines gene expression signature and (patho)physiological outcome. ..
- Schonig K, Weber T, Frömmig A, Wendler L, Pesold B, Djandji D, et al. Conditional gene expression systems in the transgenic rat brain. BMC Biol. 2012;10:77 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that conditional genetic manipulations in the rat brain are both feasible and practicable and outline advantages and limitations of the Tet and Cre/loxP system in the rat brain. ..
- Geginat G, Nichterlein T, Kretschmar M, Schenk S, Hof H, Lalic Mülthaler M, et al. Enhancement of the Listeria monocytogenes p60-specific CD4 and CD8 T cell memory by nonpathogenic Listeria innocua. J Immunol. 1999;162:4781-9 pubmed..innocua, which is nonpathogenic and not adapted to intracellular replication, can contribute to the maintenance of memory T cells specific for a related intracellular pathogen. ..
- Lau T, Heimann F, Bartsch D, Schloss P, Weber T. Nongenomic, glucocorticoid receptor-mediated regulation of serotonin transporter cell surface expression in embryonic stem cell derived serotonergic neurons. Neurosci Lett. 2013;554:115-20 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we provide a cellular model to analyze and dissect glucocorticoid-5HTT interactions on a molecular level that corresponds to in vivo animal models using C57BL/6N mice. ..
- Schock Kusch D, Geraci S, Ermeling E, Shulhevich Y, Sticht C, Hesser J, et al. Reliability of transcutaneous measurement of renal function in various strains of conscious mice. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e71519 pubmed publisher..This gentle method is easily used even in old mice and can be used to monitor the age-related decline in GFR. ..
- Liu Y, Meyer C, Xu C, Weng H, Hellerbrand C, Ten Dijke P, et al. Animal models of chronic liver diseases. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2013;304:G449-68 pubmed publisher..This review aims at providing a comprehensive overview of recent advances in animal models recapitulating different features and etiologies of human liver diseases. ..
- Skoberne M, Schenk S, Hof H, Geginat G. Cross-presentation of Listeria monocytogenes-derived CD4 T cell epitopes. J Immunol. 2002;169:1410-8 pubmed
- Kamm C, Skoberne M, Geginat G. CD8 T cell immunome analysis of Listeria monocytogenes. FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol. 2003;35:235-42 pubmed
- Sanchis Segura C, Borchardt T, Vengeliene V, Zghoul T, Bachteler D, Gass P, et al. Involvement of the AMPA receptor GluR-C subunit in alcohol-seeking behavior and relapse. J Neurosci. 2006;26:1231-8 pubmed..In conclusion, AMPA receptors seem to be involved in the neuroplastic changes underlying alcohol seeking behavior and relapse. Thus, AMPA receptors represent a novel therapeutic target in preventing relapse. ..
- Molander A, Vengeliene V, Heilig M, Wurst W, Deussing J, Spanagel R. Brain-specific inactivation of the Crhr1 gene inhibits post-dependent and stress-induced alcohol intake, but does not affect relapse-like drinking. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2012;37:1047-56 pubmed publisher..We conclude that CRH/CRHR1 extra-HPA and HPA signaling may have opposing effects on stress-related alcohol consumption. CRHR1 does not have a role in basal alcohol intake or relapse-like drinking situations with a low stress load. ..
- Waltereit R, Leimer U, Von Bohlen Und Halbach O, Panke J, Holter S, Garrett L, et al. Srgap3?/? mice present a neurodevelopmental disorder with schizophrenia-related intermediate phenotypes. FASEB J. 2012;26:4418-28 pubmed publisher..Mutations of SRGAP3 may thus contribute to various neurodevelopmental disorders. ..
- Bilbao A. Advanced transgenic approaches to understand alcohol-related phenotypes in animals. Curr Top Behav Neurosci. 2013;13:271-311 pubmed publisher..Finally, the third part will discuss the current findings and future directions, and proposes advanced transgenic mouse models for their potential use in alcohol research. ..
- Thiele W, Krishnan J, Rothley M, Weih D, Plaumann D, Kuch V, et al. VEGFR-3 is expressed on megakaryocyte precursors in the murine bone marrow and plays a regulatory role in megakaryopoiesis. Blood. 2012;120:1899-907 pubmed publisher..Moreover, activation of VEGFR-3 increased platelet counts in thrombopoietin-treated mice significantly and modulated 5-fluorouracil-induced thrombocytosis strongly, suggesting a regulatory role for VEGFR-3 in megakaryopoiesis. ..
- Walch Rückheim B, Kiefer R, Geginat G, Schmitt M, Breinig F. Coexpression of human perforin improves yeast-mediated delivery of DNA and mRNA to mammalian antigen-presenting cells. Gene Ther. 2016;23:103-7 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data show that human perforin, besides bacterial hemolysins, represents a promising means to improve the yeast-mediated delivery of functional nucleic acids and proteins to mammalian APCs. ..
- Grauling Halama S, Bahr U, Schenk S, Geginat G. Role of tripeptidyl peptidase II in the processing of Listeria monocytogenes-derived MHC class I-presented antigenic peptides. Microbes Infect. 2009;11:795-802 pubmed publisher..Thus, these data indicate that both, the proteasome and tripeptidyl protease II play a role in the processing of L. monocytogenes-derived antigenic peptides. ..
- Fuss J, Ben Abdallah N, Vogt M, Touma C, Pacifici P, Palme R, et al. Voluntary exercise induces anxiety-like behavior in adult C57BL/6J mice correlating with hippocampal neurogenesis. Hippocampus. 2010;20:364-76 pubmed publisher..We therefore conclude that adult hippocampal neurogenesis is a crucial player in the genesis of anxiety. ..
- Qin W, Wang Y, Li P, Wang X, Li J, Noori H, et al. Context- and time-dependent neurobiological and behavioral sensitization induced by a single morphine exposure in mice. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2016;233:1147-55 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, alterations in Hsp70 expression in the NAc may represent a neurobiological sensitization mechanism mediating context- and time-dependent behavioral sensitization. ..
- Reuter B, Venus A, Grudzenski S, Heiler P, Schad L, Staufenbiel M, et al. Statin Therapy and the Development of Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy--A Rodent in Vivo Approach. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17: pubmed publisher..A higher risk for bleeding complications was not observed. ..
- KilpelÃ¤inen T, Carli J, Skowronski A, Sun Q, Kriebel J, Feitosa M, et al. Genome-wide meta-analysis uncovers novel loci influencing circulating leptin levels. Nat Commun. 2016;7:10494 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide novel insights into the regulation of leptin production by adipose tissue and open new avenues for examining the influence of variation in leptin levels on adiposity and metabolic health. ..
- Strekalova T, Zörner B, Zacher C, Sadovska G, Herdegen T, Gass P. Memory retrieval after contextual fear conditioning induces c-Fos and JunB expression in CA1 hippocampus. Genes Brain Behav. 2003;2:3-10 pubmed..The specific activation of CA1 neurons during the retrieval of contextual fear associations supports the postulated concept of a mnemonic role of this hippocampal subsector during the retrieval of contextual informations. ..
- Schmieder A, Schledzewski K, Michel J, Tuckermann J, Tome L, Sticht C, et al. Synergistic activation by p38MAPK and glucocorticoid signaling mediates induction of M2-like tumor-associated macrophages expressing the novel CD20 homolog MS4A8A. Int J Cancer. 2011;129:122-32 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, MS4A8A(+) TAM may serve as a novel cellular target for selective cancer therapy. ..
- Gerling C, Doppler T, Heyd V, Knipper C, Kuhn T, Lehmann M, et al. High-resolution isotopic evidence of specialised cattle herding in the European Neolithic. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0180164 pubmed publisher..Consequently, the increasing importance of cattle in the local landscape was likely to have contributed to the progress of socio-economic differentiation in early agricultural societies in Europe. ..
- Sanchis Segura C, Cline B, Jurd R, Rudolph U, Spanagel R. Etomidate and propofol-hyposensitive GABAA receptor beta3(N265M) mice show little changes in acute alcohol sensitivity but enhanced tolerance and withdrawal. Neurosci Lett. 2007;416:275-8 pubmed..The results of the present study suggest that the alcohol effects abolished by the beta3(N265M) mutation do not play a dominant role in acute alcohol intoxication but influence ethanol tolerance and withdrawal...
- Inta D, Monyer H, Sprengel R, Meyer Lindenberg A, Gass P. Mice with genetically altered glutamate receptors as models of schizophrenia: a comprehensive review. Neurosci Biobehav Rev. 2010;34:285-94 pubmed publisher..They may provide insight into the pathophysiology of schizophrenia and prove useful in the development of new therapeutics. ..
- Brütsch R, Liebler S, Wüstehube J, Bartol A, Herberich S, Adam M, et al. Integrin cytoplasmic domain-associated protein-1 attenuates sprouting angiogenesis. Circ Res. 2010;107:592-601 pubmed publisher..Because CCM1 plays a critical role for cardiovascular development, we hypothesized that its activator ICAP1 is involved in vascular differentiation...
- Kuch V, Schreiber C, Thiele W, Umansky V, Sleeman J. Tumor-initiating properties of breast cancer and melanoma cells in vivo are not invariably reflected by spheroid formation in vitro, but can be increased by long-term culturing as adherent monolayers. Int J Cancer. 2013;132:E94-105 pubmed publisher..Together these data indicate that assays that are widely used to define CSC subpopulations do not invariably reflect tumor-initiating properties in vivo. ..
- Dreher L, Elvers Hornung S, Brinkmann I, Huck V, Henschler R, Gloe T, et al. Cultivation in human serum reduces adipose tissue-derived mesenchymal stromal cell adhesion to laminin and endothelium and reduces capillary entrapment. Stem Cells Dev. 2013;22:791-803 pubmed publisher..Appropriate injury models and further molecular analyses are required to provide mechanistic insight into the differential effects of HS versus FBS on ASC cultures...
- Meyer C, Liu Y, Kaul A, Peipe I, Dooley S. Caveolin-1 abrogates TGF-? mediated hepatocyte apoptosis. Cell Death Dis. 2013;4:e466 pubmed publisher..Hence, via affecting TGF-? mediated non-Smad AKT signaling and regulation of pro- and antiapoptotic factors, Caveolin-1 is a crucial hepatocyte fate determinant for TGF-? effects. ..
- Stankov M, el Khatib M, Kumar Thakur B, Heitmann K, Panayotova Dimitrova D, Schoening J, et al. Histone deacetylase inhibitors induce apoptosis in myeloid leukemia by suppressing autophagy. Leukemia. 2014;28:577-88 pubmed publisher..Thus, via autophagy suppression, HDACis deprive cells of an essential pro-survival mechanism, which translates into an attractive strategy to specifically target cancer cells. ..
- Thaler S, Hähnel P, Schad A, Dammann R, Schuler M. RASSF1A mediates p21Cip1/Waf1-dependent cell cycle arrest and senescence through modulation of the Raf-MEK-ERK pathway and inhibition of Akt. Cancer Res. 2009;69:1748-57 pubmed publisher..In summary, RASSF1A can mediate cell cycle arrest and senescence in human cancer cells by p53-independent regulation of p21(Cip1/Waf1). ..
- Klein D, Demory A, Peyre F, Kroll J, Géraud C, Ohnesorge N, et al. Wnt2 acts as an angiogenic growth factor for non-sinusoidal endothelial cells and inhibits expression of stanniocalcin-1. Angiogenesis. 2009;12:251-65 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we provide evidence that Wnt2 acts as an angiogenic factor for non-sinusoidal endothelium in vitro and in vivo whose target genes undergo complex regulation by the tissue microenvironment. ..
- Schmidt M, Raghavan B, Müller V, Vogl T, Fejer G, Tchaptchet S, et al. Crucial role for human Toll-like receptor 4 in the development of contact allergy to nickel. Nat Immunol. 2010;11:814-9 pubmed publisher..Our data implicate site-specific human TLR4 inhibition as a potential strategy for therapeutic intervention in CHS that would not affect vital immune responses. ..
- Schledzewski K, Géraud C, Arnold B, Wang S, Grone H, Kempf T, et al. Deficiency of liver sinusoidal scavenger receptors stabilin-1 and -2 in mice causes glomerulofibrotic nephropathy via impaired hepatic clearance of noxious blood factors. J Clin Invest. 2011;121:703-14 pubmed publisher..These data lead us to conclude that stabilin-1 and -2 together guarantee proper hepatic clearance of potentially noxious agents in the blood and maintain tissue homeostasis not only in the liver but also distant organs. ..
- Weber T, Renzland I, Baur M, Mönks S, Herrmann E, Huppert V, et al. Tetracycline inducible gene manipulation in serotonergic neurons. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e38193 pubmed publisher..This will allow precise delineation of serotonergic gene functions during development and adulthood. ..
- Hartmann H, Eckert A, Muller W. Apolipoprotein E and cholesterol affect neuronal calcium signalling: the possible relationship to beta-amyloid neurotoxicity. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1994;200:1185-92 pubmed..The findings suggest a possible link between AD pathology and ApoE polymorphism by the calcium amplifying effect of ApoE itself as well as by the modulation of beta A4 neurotoxicity by cholesterol. ..
- Sanchis Segura C, Cline B, Marsicano G, Lutz B, Spanagel R. Reduced sensitivity to reward in CB1 knockout mice. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2004;176:223-32 pubmed..These results demonstrate a modulatory role of CB1 in the determination of the rewarding properties of sucrose and probably, as suggested by previous studies, other reinforcers. ..
- Kupfahl C, Heinekamp T, Geginat G, Ruppert T, Härtl A, Hof H, et al. Deletion of the gliP gene of Aspergillus fumigatus results in loss of gliotoxin production but has no effect on virulence of the fungus in a low-dose mouse infection model. Mol Microbiol. 2006;62:292-302 pubmed..fumigatus. Gliotoxin is not required for pathogenicity of the fungus in immunocompromised mice, despite the fact that a reduced cytotoxicity of the culture supernatant of gliP deletion strains was demonstrated. ..
- Li N, Chiang D, Wang S, Wang Q, Sun L, Voigt N, et al. Ryanodine receptor-mediated calcium leak drives progressive development of an atrial fibrillation substrate in a transgenic mouse model. Circulation. 2014;129:1276-1285 pubmed publisher..Our work demonstrates that the role of abnormal diastolic Ca(2+) release in AF may not be restricted to the generation of atrial ectopy but extends to the development of atrial remodeling underlying the AF substrate. ..
- Wang H, Mann P, Xiao L, Gill C, Galgoci A, Howe J, et al. Dual-Targeting Small-Molecule Inhibitors of the Staphylococcus aureus FMN Riboswitch Disrupt Riboflavin Homeostasis in an Infectious Setting. Cell Chem Biol. 2017;24:576-588.e6 pubmed publisher..Such a dual-targeting mechanism is specifically required to develop broad-spectrum Gram-positive antibacterial agents targeting RF metabolism. ..
- Zhang Y, Kim D, Lu Y, Jung Y, Lee J, Kim Y, et al. Orphan nuclear receptor ERR? is a key regulator of human fibrinogen gene expression. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182141 pubmed publisher..Overall, this study elucidates a molecular mechanism linking CB1R signaling, ERR? expression and fibrinogen gene transcription. GSK5182 may have therapeutic potential to treat hyperfibrinogenemia. ..
- Tan L, Pelzer P, Heinl C, Tang W, Gangadharan V, Flor H, et al. A pathway from midcingulate cortex to posterior insula gates nociceptive hypersensitivity. Nat Neurosci. 2017;20:1591-1601 pubmed publisher..These results have implications for our understanding of neuronal mechanisms facilitating the transition from acute to long-lasting pain. ..
- Vajkoczy P, Laschinger M, Engelhardt B. Alpha4-integrin-VCAM-1 binding mediates G protein-independent capture of encephalitogenic T cell blasts to CNS white matter microvessels. J Clin Invest. 2001;108:557-65 pubmed
- Abarca C, Albrecht U, Spanagel R. Cocaine sensitization and reward are under the influence of circadian genes and rhythm. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:9026-30 pubmed..In conclusion, we demonstrate that processes involved in cocaine addiction depend on the circadian rhythm and are modulated in an opposing manner by mPer1 and mPer2 genes. ..
- Lau T, Schloss P. The cannabinoid CB1 receptor is expressed on serotonergic and dopaminergic neurons. Eur J Pharmacol. 2008;578:137-41 pubmed..Here we present immunocytochemical data documenting cannabinoid CB(1) receptor expression on neurite extensions and over cell bodies of serotonergic and dopaminergic neurons. ..
- Lau T, Horschitz S, Bartsch D, Schloss P. Monitoring mouse serotonin transporter internalization in stem cell-derived serotonergic neurons by confocal laser scanning microscopy. Neurochem Int. 2009;54:271-6 pubmed publisher..Combinations of PKC activation, p38 MAPK inhibition and SSRI exposure led to a more pronounced down-regulation of SERT surface expression depending on the time of drug exposure. ..
- Perreau Lenz S, Zghoul T, de Fonseca F, Spanagel R, Bilbao A. Circadian regulation of central ethanol sensitivity by the mPer2 gene. Addict Biol. 2009;14:253-9 pubmed publisher..The present study reveals a central role of the mPer2 gene in inhibiting alcohol sensitivity at the beginning of the inactive phase. ..
- Burgermeister E, Friedrich T, Hitkova I, Regel I, Einwächter H, Zimmermann W, et al. The Ras inhibitors caveolin-1 and docking protein 1 activate peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor ? through spatial relocalization at helix 7 of its ligand-binding domain. Mol Cell Biol. 2011;31:3497-510 pubmed publisher..These results suggest a novel mechanism of PPAR? regulation by which Ras/MAPK inhibitors act as scaffold proteins that sequester and sensitize PPAR? to ligands, limiting proliferation of gastric epithelial cells. ..