Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mice in Heidelberg, Baden Württemberg, Germany
Locale: Heidelberg, Baden Württemberg, Germany
Publications601 found, 100 shown here
- Durchdewald M, Guinea Viniegra J, Haag D, Riehl A, Lichter P, Hahn M, et al. Podoplanin is a novel fos target gene in skin carcinogenesis. Cancer Res. 2008;68:6877-83 pubmed publisher..Systematic analysis of these novel target genes will guide us in elucidating the molecular mechanisms of AP-1-regulated pathways that are critically implicated in neoplastic transformation and/or malignant progression. ..
- Seehaus S, Shahzad K, Kashif M, Vinnikov I, Schiller M, Wang H, et al. Hypercoagulability inhibits monocyte transendothelial migration through protease-activated receptor-1-, phospholipase-Cbeta-, phosphoinositide 3-kinase-, and nitric oxide-dependent signaling in monocytes and promotes plaque stability. Circulation. 2009;120:774-84 pubmed publisher..Thus, in contrast to their role in unstable plaques or after vascular injury, hypercoagulability and thrombin convey a protective effect during de novo atherogenesis. ..
- Weiss E, Schmidt A, Vobis D, Garbi N, Lahl K, Mayer C, et al. Foxp3-mediated suppression of CD95L expression confers resistance to activation-induced cell death in regulatory T cells. J Immunol. 2011;187:1684-91 pubmed publisher..Our study reveals that Foxp3 negatively regulates CD95L expression in Tregs and demonstrates that Tregs are susceptible to homeostatic control by CD95 stimulation. ..
- Heermann S, Spittau B, Zajzon K, Schwab M, Krieglstein K. Schwann cells migrate along axons in the absence of GDNF signaling. BMC Neurosci. 2012;13:92 pubmed..This is demonstrated for the sympathetic nervous system and also for the sciatic nerve in mouse. ..
- Weber T, BÃ¶tticher B, Mier W, Sauter M, KrÃ¤mer S, Leotta K, et al. High treatment efficacy by dual targeting of Burkitt's lymphoma xenografted mice with a (177)Lu-based CD22-specific radioimmunoconjugate and rituximab. Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2016;43:489-98 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that dual targeting with (177)Lu-based CD22-specific RIT in combination with rituximab is a promising new treatment option for refractory B-NHL. ..
- Muller Decker K, Berger I, Ackermann K, Ehemann V, Zoubova S, Aulmann S, et al. Cystic duct dilatations and proliferative epithelial lesions in mouse mammary glands upon keratin 5 promoter-driven overexpression of cyclooxygenase-2. Am J Pathol. 2005;166:575-84 pubmed
- Fröhlich D, Kuo W, Frühbeis C, Sun J, Zehendner C, Luhmann H, et al. Multifaceted effects of oligodendroglial exosomes on neurons: impact on neuronal firing rate, signal transduction and gene regulation. Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci. 2014;369: pubmed publisher..The exchange of extracellular vesicles between neural cells may exhibit remarkable potential to impact brain performance. ..
- Schroder K, Martoglio B, Hofmann M, Holscher C, Hartmann E, Prehn S, et al. Control of glycosylation of MHC class II-associated invariant chain by translocon-associated RAMP4. EMBO J. 1999;18:4804-15 pubmed..Efficient or variable glycosylation of Ii may contribute to its capacity to modulate antigen presentation by MHC class II molecules. ..
- Kolb Kokocinski A, Mehrle A, Bechtel S, Simpson J, Kioschis P, Wiemann S, et al. The systematic functional characterisation of Xq28 genes prioritises candidate disease genes. BMC Genomics. 2006;7:29 pubmed..Our database can be queried by any researcher performing highly specified searches including diseases not listed in OMIM or diseases that might be linked to Xq28 in the future. ..
- Huber K, Ernsberger U. Cholinergic differentiation occurs early in mouse sympathetic neurons and requires Phox2b. Gene Expr. 2006;13:133-9 pubmed..Phox2b is required for development of cholinergic neurons but does not suffice to support cholinergic properties in chromaffin cells. ..
- Ernst E, Schonig K, Bugert J, Blaker H, Pfaff E, Stremmel W, et al. Generation of inducible hepatitis C virus transgenic mouse lines. J Med Virol. 2007;79:1103-12 pubmed
- Lemke U, Krones Herzig A, Berriel Diaz M, Narvekar P, Ziegler A, Vegiopoulos A, et al. The glucocorticoid receptor controls hepatic dyslipidemia through Hes1. Cell Metab. 2008;8:212-23 pubmed publisher..As glucocorticoid action is increased during starvation, myotonic dystrophy, and Cushing's syndrome, the inhibition of Hes1 through the GR might explain the fatty liver phenotype in these subjects. ..
- Galy B, Ferring Appel D, Sauer S, Kaden S, Lyoumi S, Puy H, et al. Iron regulatory proteins secure mitochondrial iron sufficiency and function. Cell Metab. 2010;12:194-201 pubmed publisher..These results uncover a major role of the IRPs in cell biology: to ensure adequate iron supply to the mitochondrion for proper function of this critical organelle. ..
- Amtul Z, Uhrig M, Rozmahel R, Beyreuther K. Structural insight into the differential effects of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids on the production of Abeta peptides and amyloid plaques. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:6100-7 pubmed publisher..Our work contributes to the clarification of aspects of structure-activity relationships. ..
- Braun J, Hoffmann S, Feldner A, Ludwig T, Henning R, Hecker M, et al. Endothelial cell ephrinB2-dependent activation of monocytes in arteriosclerosis. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2011;31:297-305 pubmed publisher..These observations suggest a hitherto unknown link between vascular ephrinB2 expression and the proinflammatory activation of monocytes that may contribute to the pathogenesis of arteriosclerosis. ..
- Thiemann M, Oertel S, Ehemann V, Weichert W, Stenzinger A, Bischof M, et al. In vivo efficacy of the histone deacetylase inhibitor suberoylanilide hydroxamic acid in combination with radiotherapy in a malignant rhabdoid tumor mouse model. Radiat Oncol. 2012;7:52 pubmed publisher..SAHA did not have a significant effect alone, but proved to enhance the effect of XRT in our MRT in vivo model. ..
- Fritsche M, Reinholdt L, Lessard M, Handel M, Bewersdorf J, Heermann D. The impact of entropy on the spatial organization of synaptonemal complexes within the cell nucleus. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e36282 pubmed publisher..This suggests that while effects of entropy impact SC organization, the dedicated action of proteins or actin cables is required to fine-tune the spatial ordering of SCs within the cell nucleus. ..
- Yoshikawa H, Kawano T, Matsuda T, Kidoaki S, Tanaka M. Morphology and adhesion strength of myoblast cells on photocurable gelatin under native and non-native micromechanical environments. J Phys Chem B. 2013;117:4081-8 pubmed publisher..A clear correlation between the cell morphology and adhesion strength suggests the coupling of the strain of the substrate and the mechanosensors near focal adhesion sites...
- Niklas M, Greilich S, Melzig C, Akselrod M, Debus J, Jäkel O, et al. Engineering cell-fluorescent ion track hybrid detectors. Radiat Oncol. 2013;8:141 pubmed publisher..The Cell-Fit-Hybrid Detector system is a promising platform for a multitude of studies linking biological response to energy deposition at high level of optical microscopy resolution. ..
- Bork P, Sudol M. The WW domain: a signalling site in dystrophin?. Trends Biochem Sci. 1994;19:531-3 pubmed
- Roche S, McGlade J, Jones M, Gish G, Pawson T, Courtneidge S. Requirement of phospholipase C gamma, the tyrosine phosphatase Syp and the adaptor proteins Shc and Nck for PDGF-induced DNA synthesis: evidence for the existence of Ras-dependent and Ras-independent pathways. EMBO J. 1996;15:4940-8 pubmed..From these results we concluded that PDGF generates Ras-dependent and Ras-independent pathways important for DNA synthesis. ..
- Schüler T, Körnig S, Blankenstein T. Tumor rejection by modulation of tumor stromal fibroblasts. J Exp Med. 2003;198:1487-93 pubmed..Our data demonstrate a novel mechanism by which IL-4 contributes to tumor rejection and show that the targeted modulation of tumor-associated fibroblasts can be sufficient for tumor rejection. ..
- Kyewski B, Klein L. A central role for central tolerance. Annu Rev Immunol. 2006;24:571-606 pubmed
- Zhang S, Steijaert M, Lau D, Schutz G, Delucinge Vivier C, Descombes P, et al. Decoding NMDA receptor signaling: identification of genomic programs specifying neuronal survival and death. Neuron. 2007;53:549-62 pubmed..They also demonstrate that the survival function is implemented in neurons through a multicomponent system of functionally related genes, whose coordinate expression is controlled by specific calcium signal initiation sites. ..
- Kress H, Stelzer E, Holzer D, Buss F, Griffiths G, Rohrbach A. Filopodia act as phagocytic tentacles and pull with discrete steps and a load-dependent velocity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:11633-8 pubmed..The measured filopodial retraction force-velocity relationship is in agreement with a model for force-dependent multiple motor kinetics...
- Huber A, Thongphasuk P, Erben G, Lehmann W, Tuma S, Stremmel W, et al. Significantly greater antioxidant anticancer activities of 2,3-dehydrosilybin than silybin. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2008;1780:837-47 pubmed publisher..DHS but not silybin at 30 microM induced apoptosis and loss of mitochondrial membrane potentials. LD50 of DHS was five-fold lower than that of silybin. Our data suggest that DHS may be more useful therapeutically than silybin. ..
- Kübler D, Hung C, Dam T, Kopitz J, Andre S, Kaltner H, et al. Phosphorylated human galectin-3: facile large-scale preparation of active lectin and detection of structural changes by CD spectroscopy. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2008;1780:716-22 pubmed publisher..Spectroscopically, phosphorylation induced alterations in the far UV CD, indicative of an increase in ordered structure. This is accompanied by changes in the environment of aromatic amino acids signified by shifts in the near UV CD. ..
- Johnson T, Mahnke K, Storn V, Schönfeld K, Ring S, Nettelbeck D, et al. Inhibition of melanoma growth by targeting of antigen to dendritic cells via an anti-DEC-205 single-chain fragment variable molecule. Clin Cancer Res. 2008;14:8169-77 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that the scFv-mDEC-205-gp100 targets TAA to dendritic cells in vivo for presentation on both MHC class I and II molecules. In vivo, this leads to an improved immune response and a decrease in tumor growth rate. ..
- Schweizer P, Yampolsky P, Malik R, Thomas D, Zehelein J, Katus H, et al. Transcription profiling of HCN-channel isotypes throughout mouse cardiac development. Basic Res Cardiol. 2009;104:621-9 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, constantly low HCN transcription in adult myocardium may be required to prevent atrial and ventricular arrhythmogenesis. ..
- Muhammad S, Aller M, Maser Gluth C, Schwaninger M, Wisden W. Expression of the kcnk3 potassium channel gene lessens the injury from cerebral ischemia, most likely by a general influence on blood pressure. Neuroscience. 2010;167:758-64 pubmed publisher..Nevertheless, a consequence of having TASK-1 channels expressed (in various non-neuronal tissues and organs) is that neuronal damage is lessened when stroke occurs. ..
- Bedke T, Pretsch L, Karakhanova S, Enk A, Mahnke K. Endothelial cells augment the suppressive function of CD4+ CD25+ Foxp3+ regulatory T cells: involvement of programmed death-1 and IL-10. J Immunol. 2010;184:5562-70 pubmed publisher..Therefore, one can speculate that T(reg) during transendothelial transmigration become "armed" for their suppressive function(s) to be carried out in peripheral tissues sites. ..
- Flechsig P, Hartenstein B, Teurich S, Dadrich M, Hauser K, Abdollahi A, et al. Loss of matrix metalloproteinase-13 attenuates murine radiation-induced pulmonary fibrosis. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2010;77:582-90 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that MMP13 has a role in the development of radiation-induced pulmonary fibrosis. Further, our findings suggest that MMP13 constitutes a potential drug target to attenuate radiation-induced lung fibrosis. ..
- Heermann S, Schmücker J, Hinz U, Rickmann M, Unterbarnscheidt T, Schwab M, et al. Neuregulin 1 type III/ErbB signaling is crucial for Schwann cell colonization of sympathetic axons. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e28692 pubmed publisher..Taken together, using a novel SC development assay, we demonstrate that NRG1 type III serves as a critical axonal signal for glial ErbB receptors that drives SC development along sympathetic axons. ..
- Haag D, Zipper P, Westrich V, Karra D, Pfleger K, Toedt G, et al. Nos2 inactivation promotes the development of medulloblastoma in Ptch1(+/-) mice by deregulation of Gap43-dependent granule cell precursor migration. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002572 pubmed publisher..This study illustrates a new role of nitric oxide signaling in cerebellar development and demonstrates that the localization of pre-neoplastic cells during morphogenesis is crucial for their malignant progression...
- Eigenbrod T, Franchi L, Muñoz Planillo R, Kirschning C, Freudenberg M, Nunez G, et al. Bacterial RNA mediates activation of caspase-1 and IL-1? release independently of TLRs 3, 7, 9 and TRIF but is dependent on UNC93B. J Immunol. 2012;189:328-36 pubmed publisher..Thus, our data indicate the presence of a yet unidentified intracellular nucleic acid receptor involved in bacterial RNA-induced inflammasome activation and release of IL-1?. ..
- Most P, Lerchenmüller C, Rengo G, Mahlmann A, Ritterhoff J, Rohde D, et al. S100A1 deficiency impairs postischemic angiogenesis via compromised proangiogenic endothelial cell function and nitric oxide synthase regulation. Circ Res. 2013;112:66-78 pubmed publisher..These findings link its pathological plasticity in critical limb ischemia to impaired neovascularization, prompting further studies to probe the microvascular therapeutic potential of S100A1. ..
- Knappe N, Novak D, Weina K, Bernhardt M, Reith M, Larribere L, et al. Directed Dedifferentiation Using Partial Reprogramming Induces Invasive Phenotype in Melanoma Cells. Stem Cells. 2016;34:832-46 pubmed publisher..We propose that deeper analysis of partially reprogrammed melanoma cells may contribute to identification of yet unknown signaling pathways that can drive melanoma progression. ..
- Kos M, O BRIEN S, Flouriot G, Gannon F. Tissue-specific expression of multiple mRNA variants of the mouse estrogen receptor alpha gene. FEBS Lett. 2000;477:15-20 pubmed..Our results show that the mERalpha gene is a complex genomic unit in mice that exhibits alternative splicing which is regulated in a tissue-specific manner. ..
- Schaft J, Ashery Padan R, van der Hoeven F, Gruss P, Stewart A. Efficient FLP recombination in mouse ES cells and oocytes. Genesis. 2001;31:6-10 pubmed..After microinjection of pCAGGS-FLPe into oocytes, about one-third of heterozygotic mice born showed complete FLP recombination. Thus pCAGGS-FLPe presents two practical options for removal of FRT cassettes in mice. ..
- Mantamadiotis T, Lemberger T, Bleckmann S, Kern H, Kretz O, Martin Villalba A, et al. Disruption of CREB function in brain leads to neurodegeneration. Nat Genet. 2002;31:47-54 pubmed..The striatal phenotype is reminiscent of Huntington disease and is consistent with the postulated role of CREB-mediated signaling in polyglutamine-triggered diseases. ..
- Koenen M, Peter C, Villarroel A, Witzemann V, Sakmann B. Acetylcholine receptor channel subtype directs the innervation pattern of skeletal muscle. EMBO Rep. 2005;6:570-6 pubmed..We suggest that one function of the fetal type of AChR is to ensure an orderly innervation pattern of skeletal muscle. ..
- Goulimari P, Kitzing T, Knieling H, Brandt D, Offermanns S, Grosse R. Galpha12/13 is essential for directed cell migration and localized Rho-Dia1 function. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:42242-51 pubmed..Thus, we identified Galpha12/13-proteins as essential components linking extracellular signals to localized Rho-Dia1 function during directed cell movement. ..
- Nausch N, Manteuffel G, Vanselow J. 0.2kb promoter sequence of the murine Cyp19 gene target beta-galactosidase expression to specific brain areas of transgenic mice. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2007;103:119-28 pubmed..2 and 1.7kb upstream, is necessary for expression in additional areas. However even 1.7kb of P(br) are not sufficient to consistently mimic the accurate expression pattern of Cyp19. ..
- Jin T, Wernig A, Witzemann V. Changes in acetylcholine receptor function induce shifts in muscle fiber type composition. FEBS J. 2008;275:2042-54 pubmed publisher..Muscle thus represents a self-matching system that adjusts contractile properties and synaptic function to variable functional demands...
- Hartwig W, Schimmel E, Hackert T, Fortunato F, Bergmann F, Baczako A, et al. A novel animal model of severe pancreatitis in mice and its differences to the rat. Surgery. 2008;144:394-403 pubmed publisher..Although pancreatic injury was not as strong as in the rat model, this model may prove useful for future studies in transgenic mice. ..
- Fabrino D, Bleck C, Anes E, Hasilik A, Melo R, Niederweis M, et al. Porins facilitate nitric oxide-mediated killing of mycobacteria. Microbes Infect. 2009;11:868-75 pubmed publisher..Our data provide evidence that porins render mycobacteria vulnerable to killing by reactive nitrogen intermediates within phagosomes probably by facilitating uptake of NO across the mycobacterial outer membrane. ..
- Chamulitrat W, Burhenne J, Rehlen T, Pathil A, Stremmel W. Bile salt-phospholipid conjugate ursodeoxycholyl lysophosphatidylethanolamide as a hepatoprotective agent. Hepatology. 2009;50:143-54 pubmed publisher..Thus, UDCA-LPE may be suitable for evaluation of treatment efficacy in NASH. ..
- Stösser S, Agarwal N, Tappe Theodor A, Yanagisawa M, Kuner R. Dissecting the functional significance of endothelin A receptors in peripheral nociceptors in vivo via conditional gene deletion. Pain. 2010;148:206-14 pubmed publisher..These results help understand the role of ET(A) receptors in complex biological processes and peripheral cell-cell interactions involved in inflammatory and tumor-associated pain. ..
- Ni J, Galani I, Cerwenka A, Schirrmacher V, Fournier P. Antitumor vaccination by Newcastle Disease Virus Hemagglutinin-Neuraminidase plasmid DNA application: changes in tumor microenvironment and activation of innate anti-tumor immunity. Vaccine. 2011;29:1185-93 pubmed publisher..This highlights thus the potential adjuvant activity of the HN gene in tumor therapy. ..
- Fujikawa Y, Roma L, Sobotta M, Rose A, Diaz M, Locatelli G, et al. Mouse redox histology using genetically encoded probes. Sci Signal. 2016;9:rs1 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate the utility of the technique by visualizing endogenous redox differences and changes in the context of tumor growth, inflammation, embryonic development, and nutrient starvation. ..
- Miyazaki M, Miyazaki K, Chen K, Jin Y, Turner J, Moore A, et al. The E-Id Protein Axis Specifies Adaptive Lymphoid Cell Identity and Suppresses Thymic Innate Lymphoid Cell Development. Immunity. 2017;46:818-834.e4 pubmed publisher..On the basis of these and previous observations, we propose that the E-Id protein axis specifies innate and adaptive lymphoid cell fate. ..
- Straßburger K, Tiebe M, Pinna F, Breuhahn K, Teleman A. Insulin/IGF signaling drives cell proliferation in part via Yorkie/YAP. Dev Biol. 2012;367:187-96 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, we also find the converse--that Yorkie signaling activates components of the insulin/TOR pathway. In sum, this crosstalk between IIS and Yorkie leads to coordinated regulation of these two oncogenic pathways. ..
- Hormuzdi S, Pais I, LeBeau F, Towers S, Rozov A, Buhl E, et al. Impaired electrical signaling disrupts gamma frequency oscillations in connexin 36-deficient mice. Neuron. 2001;31:487-95 pubmed..2001), unaffected. Thus, specific connexins differentially deployed throughout cortical networks are likely to regulate different functional aspects of neuronal information processing in the mature brain. ..
- Abdollahi A, Li M, Ping G, Plathow C, Domhan S, Kiessling F, et al. Inhibition of platelet-derived growth factor signaling attenuates pulmonary fibrosis. J Exp Med. 2005;201:925-35 pubmed..This study points the way to a potential new approach for treating idiopathic or therapy-related forms of lung fibrosis. ..
- Beckhove P, Helmke B, Ziouta Y, Bucur M, Dörner W, Mogler C, et al. Heparanase expression at the invasion front of human head and neck cancers and correlation with poor prognosis. Clin Cancer Res. 2005;11:2899-906 pubmed..Heparanase expression seems to be involved in the invasiveness and aggressiveness of HNSCC. ..
- Milger K, Herrmann T, Becker C, Gotthardt D, Zickwolf J, Ehehalt R, et al. Cellular uptake of fatty acids driven by the ER-localized acyl-CoA synthetase FATP4. J Cell Sci. 2006;119:4678-88 pubmed..We propose that the enzyme FATP4 drives fatty acid uptake indirectly by esterification. It is not a transporter protein involved in fatty acid translocation at the plasma membrane. ..
- Kenzelmann M, Maertens S, Hergenhahn M, Kueffer S, Hotz Wagenblatt A, Li L, et al. Microarray analysis of newly synthesized RNA in cells and animals. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:6164-9 pubmed
- Angelova A, Aprahamian M, Grekova S, Hajri A, Leuchs B, Giese N, et al. Improvement of gemcitabine-based therapy of pancreatic carcinoma by means of oncolytic parvovirus H-1PV. Clin Cancer Res. 2009;15:511-9 pubmed publisher..In addition to their potential use as monotherapy for pancreatic cancer, parvoviruses can be best combined with gemcitabine in a two-step protocol. ..
- Kuehnel M, Rybin V, Anand P, Anes E, Griffiths G. Lipids regulate P2X7-receptor-dependent actin assembly by phagosomes via ADP translocation and ATP synthesis in the phagosome lumen. J Cell Sci. 2009;122:499-504 pubmed publisher..In the accompanying paper by Kuehnel et al. (doi:10.1242/jcs.034207), more evidence is provided in support of this model from the analysis of actin assembly at the plasma membrane of intact macrophages. ..
- Illanes S, Zhou W, Heiland S, Markus Z, Veltkamp R. Kinetics of hematoma expansion in murine warfarin-associated intracerebral hemorrhage. Brain Res. 2010;1320:135-42 pubmed publisher..Stronger anticoagulation results in larger hematoma volumes. As hematoma enlargement occurs mainly during the first hours, potential hemostatic therapies should be tested early in this OAC-ICH model. ..
- Zhou W, Kallifatidis G, Baumann B, Rausch V, Mattern J, Gladkich J, et al. Dietary polyphenol quercetin targets pancreatic cancer stem cells. Int J Oncol. 2010;37:551-61 pubmed..Since carcinogenesis is a complex process, combination of bioactive dietary agents with complementary activities may be most effective. ..
- Hellmann J, Münter S, Kudryashev M, Schulz S, Heiss K, Müller A, et al. Environmental constraints guide migration of malaria parasites during transmission. PLoS Pathog. 2011;7:e1002080 pubmed publisher..This may explain their delay in infecting the host. The flexibility of sporozoite adaption to different environments and a favorable speed for optimal dispersal ensures efficient host switching during malaria transmission. ..
- Viarisio D, Mueller Decker K, Kloz U, Aengeneyndt B, Kopp Schneider A, Grone H, et al. E6 and E7 from beta HPV38 cooperate with ultraviolet light in the development of actinic keratosis-like lesions and squamous cell carcinoma in mice. PLoS Pathog. 2011;7:e1002125 pubmed publisher..Thus, the oncoproteins E6 and E7 from beta HPV38 significantly contribute to SCC development in the skin rendering keratinocytes more susceptible to UV-induced carcinogenesis. ..
- Viereckel T, Kostić M, Bähner F, Draguhn A, Both M. Effects of the GABA-uptake blocker NNC-711 on spontaneous sharp wave-ripple complexes in mouse hippocampal slices. Hippocampus. 2013;23:323-9 pubmed publisher..We conclude that phasic inhibition is a major regulator of network excitability in CA3 (where SPW-Rs are generated), but does not set the frequency of hippocampal ripples. ..
- Maître J, Turlier H, Illukkumbura R, Eismann B, Niwayama R, Nedelec F, et al. Asymmetric division of contractile domains couples cell positioning and fate specification. Nature. 2016;536:344-348 pubmed publisher..We propose that this ensures the robust self-organization of blastomeres into the blastocyst, which confers remarkable regulative capacities to mammalian embryos. ..
- Haramis A, Brown J, Zeller R. The limb deformity mutation disrupts the SHH/FGF-4 feedback loop and regulation of 5' HoxD genes during limb pattern formation. Development. 1995;121:4237-45 pubmed..These studies show that the AER defect in ld homozygous limb buds causes disruption of the FGF-4/SHH feedback loop and support the proposed essential role for FGF-4 in maintaining Shh expression during limb pattern formation. ..
- Weigmann A, Corbeil D, Hellwig A, Huttner W. Prominin, a novel microvilli-specific polytopic membrane protein of the apical surface of epithelial cells, is targeted to plasmalemmal protrusions of non-epithelial cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:12425-30 pubmed..Moreover, our results show that the mechanisms underlying targeting of membrane proteins to microvilli of epithelial cells and to plasma membrane protrusions of non-epithelial cells are highly related. ..
- Higuchi M, Maas S, Single F, Hartner J, Rozov A, Burnashev N, et al. Point mutation in an AMPA receptor gene rescues lethality in mice deficient in the RNA-editing enzyme ADAR2. Nature. 2000;406:78-81 pubmed..We conclude that this transcript is the physiologically most important substrate of ADAR2. ..
- Demicheva E, Hecker M, Korff T. Stretch-induced activation of the transcription factor activator protein-1 controls monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 expression during arteriogenesis. Circ Res. 2008;103:477-84 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these findings point toward a stretch-induced activator protein-1-mediated rise in MCP-1 expression in vascular smooth muscle cells as a critical determinant for the initiation of arteriogenesis. ..
- Durchdewald M, Angel P, Hess J. The transcription factor Fos: a Janus-type regulator in health and disease. Histol Histopathol. 2009;24:1451-61 pubmed publisher..Finally, selective inhibition of its function with a small molecule inhibitor in a preclinical mouse model of arthritis demonstrated that targeting Fos/AP-1 activity could be an auspicious new option for clinical use. ..
- Hettinger J, Richards D, Hansson J, Barra M, Joschko A, Krijgsveld J, et al. Origin of monocytes and macrophages in a committed progenitor. Nat Immunol. 2013;14:821-30 pubmed publisher..Thus, we found that monocytes and macrophages were renewed independently of DCs from a committed progenitor. ..
- Leppek K, Stoecklin G. An optimized streptavidin-binding RNA aptamer for purification of ribonucleoprotein complexes identifies novel ARE-binding proteins. Nucleic Acids Res. 2014;42:e13 pubmed publisher..For two of these proteins, Rbms1 and Roxan, we confirmed specific binding to the TNF? ARE. The optimized 4×S1m aptamer, therefore, provides a powerful tool for the discovery of mRNP components in a single affinity purification step. ..
- Hampel U, FrÃ¶mmling P, BrÃ¤uer L, Schaefer I, Sel S, Holland D, et al. Somatostatin supports corneal wound healing in vivo. Ann Anat. 2016;205:1-8 pubmed publisher..Other possible mechanisms could be the activation of other pathways and the induction of growth factors such as VEGF that modulate the observed corneal wound healing process. ..
- Schüddekopf K, Schorpp M, Boehm T. The whn transcription factor encoded by the nude locus contains an evolutionarily conserved and functionally indispensable activation domain. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:9661-4 pubmed..As the whnrnu mutant protein lacks this domain, our results indicate that a transactivation function is essential for the activity of the whn transcription factor. ..
- Wetzel K, Menten P, Opdenakker G, Van Damme J, Grone H, Giese N, et al. Transduction of human MCP-3 by a parvoviral vector induces leukocyte infiltration and reduces growth of human cervical carcinoma cell xenografts. J Gene Med. 2001;3:326-37 pubmed
- Breitenbach U, Tuckermann J, Gebhardt C, Richter K, Furstenberger G, Christofori G, et al. Keratinocyte-specific onset of serine protease BSSP expression in experimental carcinogenesis. J Invest Dermatol. 2001;117:634-40 pubmed..These results establish a novel link between expression of an as yet ill-defined serine protease and skin carcinogenesis. ..
- Muhle Goll C, Habeck M, Cazorla O, Nilges M, Labeit S, Granzier H. Structural and functional studies of titin's fn3 modules reveal conserved surface patterns and binding to myosin S1--a possible role in the Frank-Starling mechanism of the heart. J Mol Biol. 2001;313:431-47 pubmed..This effect is most pronounced at short sarcomere length, and as a result the length-dependence of Ca(2+) activation is reduced. A model of how titin's fn3-like domains may influence actomyosin interaction is proposed. ..
- Wintermantel T, Mayer A, Schutz G, Greiner E. Targeting mammary epithelial cells using a bacterial artificial chromosome. Genesis. 2002;33:125-30 pubmed..Of only four transgenic lines produced, three express Cre recombinase to a high efficiency. LoxP-flanked DNA sequences are recombined in virtually all epithelial cells of WAPiCre transgenic mice at lactation day 3. ..
- Munder M, Mollinedo F, Calafat J, Canchado J, Gil Lamaignere C, Fuentes J, et al. Arginase I is constitutively expressed in human granulocytes and participates in fungicidal activity. Blood. 2005;105:2549-56 pubmed..Our findings demonstrate important differences between murine and human leukocytes with respect to regulation and function of arginine metabolism via arginase...
- Bea F, Hudson F, Neff Laford H, White C, Kavanagh T, Kreuzer J, et al. Homocysteine stimulates antioxidant response element-mediated expression of glutamate-cysteine ligase in mouse macrophages. Atherosclerosis. 2009;203:105-11 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that ARE-driven gene expression of Gclc via a MEK/Nrf2 pathway could help to protect macrophages from oxidative stress due to hyperhomocysteinemia. ..
- Appelt J, Giordano F, Ecker M, Roeder I, Grund N, Hotz Wagenblatt A, et al. QuickMap: a public tool for large-scale gene therapy vector insertion site mapping and analysis. Gene Ther. 2009;16:885-93 pubmed publisher..It provides a basis for large-scale insertion site analyses, which is now urgently needed to discover novel gene therapy vectors with 'safe' insertion profiles. ..
- Bosch V, Pfeiffer T, Devitt G, Allespach I, Ebensen T, Emerson V, et al. HIV pseudovirion vaccine exposing Env "fusion intermediates"-response to immunisation in human CD4/CCR5-transgenic rats. Vaccine. 2009;27:2202-12 pubmed publisher..Thus, it remains unclear whether vaccines based on induced HIV Env fusion intermediates can elicit broadly neutralising responses. ..
- Munder M, Choi B, Rogers M, Kropf P. L-arginine deprivation impairs Leishmania major-specific T-cell responses. Eur J Immunol. 2009;39:2161-72 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, our results show that L-arginine deprivation also greatly impacts parasite growth in activated macrophages. In summary, our results suggest that L-arginine levels affect both Th cell responses and parasite replication. ..
- Salnikov A, Gladkich J, Moldenhauer G, Volm M, Mattern J, Herr I. CD133 is indicative for a resistance phenotype but does not represent a prognostic marker for survival of non-small cell lung cancer patients. Int J Cancer. 2010;126:950-8 pubmed publisher..Because CD133 expression is linked to a resistant phenotype, detection of CD133(+) cells may be useful to predict efficacy of cytotoxic therapy but CD133 is not a strong prognostic parameter for survival of patients with NSCLC. ..
- Lohr J, Faissner R, Koczan D, Bewerunge P, Bassi C, Brors B, et al. Autoantibodies against the exocrine pancreas in autoimmune pancreatitis: gene and protein expression profiling and immunoassays identify pancreatic enzymes as a major target of the inflammatory process. Am J Gastroenterol. 2010;105:2060-71 pubmed publisher..The objective was to identify novel markers of disease and to unravel the pathogenesis of AIP...
- Linde N, Lederle W, Depner S, Van Rooijen N, Gutschalk C, Mueller M. Vascular endothelial growth factor-induced skin carcinogenesis depends on recruitment and alternative activation of macrophages. J Pathol. 2012;227:17-28 pubmed publisher..However, VEGF-A alone is not sufficient to create a tumour-promoting microenvironment and requires the presence of IL-4 and IL-10 to induce M2 polarization of macrophages. ..
- KrÃ¼wel T, Nevoltris D, Bode J, Dullin C, Baty D, Chames P, et al. In vivo detection of small tumour lesions by multi-pinhole SPECT applying a (99m)Tc-labelled nanobody targeting the Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor. Sci Rep. 2016;6:21834 pubmed publisher..Here we present specific and high contrast in vivo visualization of small human tumours overexpressing EGFR by preclinical multi-pinhole SPECT shortly after administration of anti-EGFR nanobody (99m)Tc-D10. ..