Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on membrane proteins in Freiburg, Baden Württemberg, Germany
Locale: Freiburg, Baden Württemberg, Germany
Topic: membrane proteins
Publications121 found, 100 shown here
- Hoehne M, de Couet H, Stuermer C, Fischbach K. Loss- and gain-of-function analysis of the lipid raft proteins Reggie/Flotillin in Drosophila: they are posttranslationally regulated, and misexpression interferes with wing and eye development. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2005;30:326-38 pubmed..Our data support the notion that Reggie/Flotillin proteins are implicated in signaling processes at cellular contact sites. ..
- Meyer R, Hagemeyer C, Knoth R, Kaufmann M, Volk B. Anti-epileptic drug phenytoin enhances androgen metabolism and androgen receptor expression in murine hippocampus. J Neurochem. 2006;96:460-72 pubmed..The increased metabolism of testosterone leading to augmented androgen metabolite formation most likely led to enhanced expression of CYP19 and AR in hippocampus. Phenytoin obviously modulates the androgen signalling in the hippocampus. ..
- Meisinger C, Wiedemann N, Rissler M, Strub A, Milenkovic D, Schönfisch B, et al. Mitochondrial protein sorting: differentiation of beta-barrel assembly by Tom7-mediated segregation of Mdm10. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:22819-26 pubmed..Thus the role of Tom7 is not limited to the TOM complex. Tom7 functions in mitochondrial protein biogenesis by a new mechanism, segregation of a sorting component, leading to a differentiation of beta-barrel assembly. ..
- Bohnert J, Schuster S, Kern W, Karcz T, Olejarz A, Kaczor A, et al. Novel Piperazine Arylideneimidazolones Inhibit the AcrAB-TolC Pump in Escherichia coli and Simultaneously Act as Fluorescent Membrane Probes in a Combined Real-Time Influx and Efflux Assay. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2016;60:1974-83 pubmed publisher..The EPIs BM-38 and BM-19 displayed the most rapid influx of all compounds, whereas BM-27, which did not act as an EPI, showed the slowest influx. ..
- Chrubasik S, Model A, Black A, Pollak S. A randomized double-blind pilot study comparing Doloteffin and Vioxx in the treatment of low back pain. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2003;42:141-8 pubmed
- Mick D, Wagner K, van der Laan M, Frazier A, Perschil I, Pawlas M, et al. Shy1 couples Cox1 translational regulation to cytochrome c oxidase assembly. EMBO J. 2007;26:4347-58 pubmed..We suggest that Shy1 links Cox1 translational regulation to complex IV assembly and supercomplex formation. ..
- Zolles G, Wenzel D, Bildl W, Schulte U, Hofmann A, Müller C, et al. Association with the auxiliary subunit PEX5R/Trip8b controls responsiveness of HCN channels to cAMP and adrenergic stimulation. Neuron. 2009;62:814-25 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that PEX5R/Trip8b is an intrinsic auxiliary subunit of brain HCN channels and establish HCN-PEX5R/Trip8b coassembly as a mechanism to control the channels' responsiveness to cyclic nucleotide signaling. ..
- Hermle T, Guida M, Beck S, Helmstädter S, Simons M. Drosophila ATP6AP2/VhaPRR functions both as a novel planar cell polarity core protein and a regulator of endosomal trafficking. EMBO J. 2013;32:245-59 pubmed publisher..Together, our results suggest two roles for VhaPRR, one for PCP and another in endosomal trafficking. This dual function establishes VhaPRR as a key factor in epithelial morphogenesis...
- Buehler A, Sitaras N, Favret S, Bucher F, Berger S, Pielen A, et al. Semaphorin 3F forms an anti-angiogenic barrier in outer retina. FEBS Lett. 2013;587:1650-5 pubmed publisher..Combined, these results elucidate a functional role for Semaphorin 3F in the outer retina where it acts as a vasorepulsive cue to maintain physiologic avascularity. ..
- Altmüller F, Lissewski C, Bertola D, Flex E, Stark Z, Spranger S, et al. Genotype and phenotype spectrum of NRAS germline variants. Eur J Hum Genet. 2017;25:823-831 pubmed publisher..With this report, we expand the genotype and phenotype spectrum of RASopathy-associated germline NRAS variants and provide evidence that NRAS variants do not spare the cancer-associated mutation hotspots. ..
- Schrägle J, Huang R, Christ B, Prols F. Control of the temporal and spatial Uncx4.1 expression in the paraxial mesoderm of avian embryos. Anat Embryol (Berl). 2004;208:323-32 pubmed..1 expression in the caudal somite half. The neural tube is necessary for providing sufficient Uncx4.1 positive sclerotomal material to enable development of pedicles of the neural arches and transverse processes. ..
- Heinzel K, Bleul C. The Foxn1-dependent transcripts PCOLCE2 and mPPP1R16B are not required for normal thymopoiesis. Eur J Immunol. 2007;37:2562-71 pubmed..While there is no evidence for a functional role of PCOLCE2 and mPPP1R16B in thymus development, our results suggest that the lack of thymopoiesis in Foxn1-deficient mice is caused by multiple functional defects. ..
- Adachi T, Schamel W, Kim K, Watanabe T, Becker B, Nielsen P, et al. The specificity of association of the IgD molecule with the accessory proteins BAP31/BAP29 lies in the IgD transmembrane sequence. EMBO J. 1996;15:1534-41 pubmed..By a mutational analysis we have identified amino acids in the transmembrane sequence of the delta m chain that are critical for binding to BAP31/BAP29. A structural model of the BAPs and their potential functions are discussed. ..
- Morstadt L, Graber P, De Pascalis L, Kleinig H, Speth V, Beyer P. Chemiosmotic ATP synthesis in photosynthetically inactive chromoplasts from Narcissus pseudonarcissus L. linked to a redox pathway potentially also involved in carotene desaturation. Planta. 2002;215:134-40 pubmed
- Rohr J, Beutel K, Maul Pavicic A, Vraetz T, Thiel J, Warnatz K, et al. Atypical familial hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis due to mutations in UNC13D and STXBP2 overlaps with primary immunodeficiency diseases. Haematologica. 2010;95:2080-7 pubmed publisher..We show that degranulation assays are helpful screening tests for the identification of such patients. ..
- Boedeker C. [Paragangliomas and paraganglioma syndromes]. Laryngorhinootologie. 2011;90 Suppl 1:S56-82 pubmed publisher..We recommend screening for mutations of the genes SDHB, SDHC and SDHD in all patients with HNPs. Certain clinical parameters can help to set up the order in which the 3 genes should be tested...
- Fliegauf M, Fröhlich C, Horvath J, Olbrich H, Hildebrandt F, Omran H. Identification of the human CYS1 gene and candidate gene analysis in Boichis disease. Pediatr Nephrol. 2003;18:498-505 pubmed..All three coding exons were amplified by polymerase chain reaction and directly sequenced. Despite the failure to detect a mutation, the human cystin gene remains an interesting candidate for recessive cystic kidney disease. ..
- Berger B, Müller T, Buschmann I, Peters K, Kirsch M, Christ B, et al. High levels of the molecular chaperone Mdg1/ERdj4 reflect the activation state of endothelial cells. Exp Cell Res. 2003;290:82-92 pubmed..While heat shock induces a rapid translocation of Mdg1/ERdj4 to the nucleoli, no translocation could be observed during ER stress. This indicates that Mdg1/ERdj4 protein has diverse mechanisms to protect stressed cells from apoptosis. ..
- Franzke C, Tasanen K, Borradori L, Huotari V, Bruckner Tuderman L. Shedding of collagen XVII/BP180: structural motifs influence cleavage from cell surface. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:24521-9 pubmed..The data indicate that the conformation of the NC16A domain and steric availability of the cleavage site influence shedding and is important for folding of collagen XVII. ..
- May P, Rohlmann A, Bock H, Zurhove K, Marth J, Schomburg E, et al. Neuronal LRP1 functionally associates with postsynaptic proteins and is required for normal motor function in mice. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:8872-83 pubmed..Together, these findings suggest that LRP1, like other ApoE receptors, can modulate synaptic transmission in the brain. ..
- Köttgen M, Benzing T, Simmen T, Tauber R, Buchholz B, Feliciangeli S, et al. Trafficking of TRPP2 by PACS proteins represents a novel mechanism of ion channel regulation. EMBO J. 2005;24:705-16 pubmed..Furthermore, PACS proteins may represent a novel molecular mechanism for ion channel trafficking, directing acidic cluster-containing ion channels to distinct subcellular compartments. ..
- Pawlu C, Bausch B, Neumann H. Mutations of the SDHB and SDHD genes. Fam Cancer. 2005;4:49-54 pubmed..As routine diagnostic procedure all SDH mutation carriers should have urine catecholamine analysis as well as pelvic, abdominal, thoracic and skull/neck MRI. ..
- Salzer U, Chapel H, Webster A, Pan Hammarstrom Q, Schmitt Graeff A, Schlesier M, et al. Mutations in TNFRSF13B encoding TACI are associated with common variable immunodeficiency in humans. Nat Genet. 2005;37:820-8 pubmed..Although signs of autoimmunity and lymphoproliferation are evident, the human phenotype differs from that of the Tnfrsf13b-/- mouse model. ..
- Nacak T, Leptien K, Fellner D, Augustin H, Kroll J. The BTB-kelch protein LZTR-1 is a novel Golgi protein that is degraded upon induction of apoptosis. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:5065-71 pubmed..Taken together, our experiments identify LZTR-1 as the first BTB-kelch protein that exclusively localizes to the Golgi network, and the binding of LZTR-1 to the Golgi complex is mediated by its second BTB/POZ domain. ..
- Fuhrmann E, Bultema J, Kahmann U, Rupprecht E, Boekema E, Schneider D. The vesicle-inducing protein 1 from Synechocystis sp. PCC 6803 organizes into diverse higher-ordered ring structures. Mol Biol Cell. 2009;20:4620-8 pubmed publisher..The simultaneous existence of multiple types of rings is very unusual and suggests a special function of Vipp1. Involvement of diverse ring structures in vesicle formation is suggested. ..
- Sava I, Heikens E, Kropec A, Theilacker C, Willems R, Huebner J. Enterococcal surface protein contributes to persistence in the host but is not a target of opsonic and protective antibodies in Enterococcus faecium infection. J Med Microbiol. 2010;59:1001-4 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Esp contributes to E. faecium persistence in the host. However, in contrast to LTA, Esp does not seem to be a target for protective antibodies in E. faecium strain E1162 in mouse bacteraemia. ..
- Solozobova V, Wyvekens N, Pruszak J. Lessons from the embryonic neural stem cell niche for neural lineage differentiation of pluripotent stem cells. Stem Cell Rev. 2012;8:813-29 pubmed publisher..Applying these findings and concepts to human stem cell systems in vitro may yield more appropriately patterned cell types for biomedical applications. ..
- Koczorowska M, Tholen S, Bucher F, Lutz L, Kizhakkedathu J, De Wever O, et al. Fibroblast activation protein-Î±, a stromal cell surface protease, shapes key features of cancer associated fibroblasts through proteome and degradome alterations. Mol Oncol. 2016;10:40-58 pubmed publisher..Generally, our findings link FAPÎ± to key aspects of CAF biology and attribute an important role in tumor-stroma interaction to FAPÎ±. ..
- Claassens N, Siliakus M, Spaans S, Creutzburg S, Nijsse B, Schaap P, et al. Improving heterologous membrane protein production in Escherichia coli by combining transcriptional tuning and codon usage algorithms. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184355 pubmed publisher..In addition, further improvements may be realized by attempting different codon usage variants, such as codon harmonized variants, which can now be easily generated through our online Codon Harmonizer tool. ..
- Bohnert J, Szymaniak Vits M, Schuster S, Kern W. Efflux inhibition by selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors in Escherichia coli. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2011;66:2057-60 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that sertraline may be useful as a model efflux pump inhibitor for in vitro short-term experiments in E. coli, but is unlikely to be clinically useful as a co-drug against Gram-negative bacteria. ..
- Gödel M, Ostendorf B, Baumer J, Weber K, Huber T. A novel domain regulating degradation of the glomerular slit diaphragm protein podocin in cell culture systems. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e57078 pubmed publisher..These findings give novel insight into the molecular biology of the slit diaphragm protein podocin, enabling future research to establish the biological relevance of podocin turnover and localization. ..
- Lenter M, Vestweber D. The integrin chains beta 1 and alpha 6 associate with the chaperone calnexin prior to integrin assembly. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:12263-8 pubmed..Our data suggest that calnexin is involved in the assembly of beta 1 integrins, as well as in the retention of a pool of immature integrin beta 1-chains in the ER. ..
- Hagemeyer C, Rosenbrock H, Ditter M, Knoth R, Volk B. Predominantly neuronal expression of cytochrome P450 isoforms CYP3A11 and CYP3A13 in mouse brain. Neuroscience. 2003;117:521-9 pubmed..Therefore, investigation of inducible cerebral P450 isoforms which are able to metabolize xenobiotics as well as steroid hormones might help us to understand neuroendocrine regulation of brain's plasticity. ..
- Aulehla A, Wehrle C, Brand Saberi B, Kemler R, Gossler A, Kanzler B, et al. Wnt3a plays a major role in the segmentation clock controlling somitogenesis. Dev Cell. 2003;4:395-406 pubmed..We propose that the segmentation clock is established by Wnt/beta-catenin signaling via a negative-feedback mechanism and that Wnt3a controls the segmentation process in vertebrates. ..
- Olbrich H, Fliegauf M, Hoefele J, Kispert A, Otto E, Volz A, et al. Mutations in a novel gene, NPHP3, cause adolescent nephronophthisis, tapeto-retinal degeneration and hepatic fibrosis. Nat Genet. 2003;34:455-9 pubmed..Interventional studies in the pcy mouse have shown beneficial effects by modification of protein intake and administration of methylprednisolone, suggesting therapeutic strategies for treating individuals with NPHP3. ..
- Schneider K, Kothlow S, Schneider P, Tardivel A, Göbel T, Kaspers B, et al. Chicken BAFF--a highly conserved cytokine that mediates B cell survival. Int Immunol. 2004;16:139-48 pubmed..Our results suggest that like its mammalian counterpart, chBAFF plays an important role in survival and/or proliferation of chicken B cells. ..
- Dreher C, Prodöhl A, Weber M, Schneider D. Heme binding properties of heterologously expressed spinach cytochrome b(6): implications for transmembrane b-type cytochrome formation. FEBS Lett. 2007;581:2647-51 pubmed..Taken together these observations strongly indicate that transmembrane b-type cytochromes can spontaneously assemble in vitro as well as in a membrane. ..
- Kutik S, Stroud D, Wiedemann N, Pfanner N. Evolution of mitochondrial protein biogenesis. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2009;1790:409-15 pubmed publisher..Many bacterial components of seemingly unrelated pathways were integrated to form the modern cooperative mitochondria-specific protein translocation system. ..
- Cymer F, Schneider D. A single glutamate residue controls the oligomerization, function, and stability of the aquaglyceroporin GlpF. Biochemistry. 2010;49:279-86 pubmed publisher..Therefore, E43 is critical for the proper oligomerization of GlpF, and protein oligomerization appears to be crucial for the channel function as well as for the in vivo stability of the protein. ..
- Eberwein P, Hiss S, Auw Haedrich C, Sundmacher R, Hauer K, Boehringer D, et al. Epithelial marker expression in Salzmann nodular degeneration shows characteristics of limbal transient amplifying cells and alludes to an involvement of the epithelium in its pathogenesis. Acta Ophthalmol. 2010;88:e184-9 pubmed publisher..To look at the epithelial nature of Salzmann nodular degeneration (SND) and its possible relation with the aetiology of the subepithelial collagen deposition...
- Has C, Burger B, Volz A, Kohlhase J, Bruckner Tuderman L, Itin P. Mild clinical phenotype of Kindler syndrome associated with late diagnosis and skin cancer. Dermatology. 2010;221:309-12 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we describe the natural course of KS, the morphological abnormalities occurring in the skin of older KS patients, we discuss the differential diagnosis and the association between KS and squamous cell carcinoma. ..
- Heinemann A, He Y, Zimina E, Boerries M, Busch H, Chmel N, et al. Induction of phenotype modifying cytokines by FERMT1 mutations. Hum Mutat. 2011;32:397-406 pubmed publisher..These data are concordant with a model wherein repeated cycles of epidermal cell stress, cytokine secretion, dermal inflammation, and profibrotic processes underlie mucocutaneous fibrosis in KS. ..
- He Y, Esser P, Heinemann A, Bruckner Tuderman L, Has C. Kindlin-1 and -2 have overlapping functions in epithelial cells implications for phenotype modification. Am J Pathol. 2011;178:975-82 pubmed publisher..This first example of environmental regulation of kindlin expression has implications for phenotype modulation in Kindler syndrome, a skin disorder caused by kindlin-1 deficiency. ..
- Deswal S, Schulze A, Hofer T, Schamel W. Quantitative analysis of protein phosphorylations and interactions by multi-colour IP-FCM as an input for kinetic modelling of signalling networks. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e22928 pubmed publisher..The quantitative data sets generated by IP-FCM are one order of magnitude more precise than Western blot data. This accuracy allowed us to gain unequalled insight into the dynamics of the TCR-CD3-ZAP70 signalling network. ..
- Kiritsi D, He Y, Pasmooij A, Onder M, Happle R, Jonkman M, et al. Revertant mosaicism in a human skin fragility disorder results from slipped mispairing and mitotic recombination. J Clin Invest. 2012;122:1742-6 pubmed publisher..Since loss of kindlin-1 severely impairs keratinocyte proliferation, we predict that revertant cells have a selective advantage that allows their clonal expansion and, consequently, the improvement of the skin condition. ..
- Skouloudaki K, Walz G. YAP1 recruits c-Abl to protect angiomotin-like 1 from Nedd4-mediated degradation. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e35735 pubmed publisher..Our results uncover a novel function for cytoplasmic YAP1. YAP1 recruits c-Abl to protect AMOTL1 against Nedd4.2-mediated degradation. Thus, YAP1, excluded from the nucleus, contributes to the maintenance of tight junctions. ..
- Brix J, Ziegler G, Dietmeier K, Schneider Mergener J, Schulz G, Pfanner N. The mitochondrial import receptor Tom70: identification of a 25 kDa core domain with a specific binding site for preproteins. J Mol Biol. 2000;303:479-88 pubmed..We suggest a model of Tom70 function in import of membrane proteins whereby a hydrophobic preprotein concomitantly interacts with several binding sites of the receptor. ..
- Fliegauf M, Horvath J, von Schnakenburg C, Olbrich H, Muller D, Thumfart J, et al. Nephrocystin specifically localizes to the transition zone of renal and respiratory cilia and photoreceptor connecting cilia. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2006;17:2424-33 pubmed..In conclusion, nephrocystin deficiency or dysfunction at the transition zone of renal monocilia and the photoreceptor connecting cilium might explain renal failure and retinal degeneration that are observed in patients with NPHP1. ..
- Meisinger C, Pfannschmidt S, Rissler M, Milenkovic D, Becker T, Stojanovski D, et al. The morphology proteins Mdm12/Mmm1 function in the major beta-barrel assembly pathway of mitochondria. EMBO J. 2007;26:2229-39 pubmed..We conclude that assembly of mitochondrial beta-barrel proteins represents a major function of the morphology proteins Mdm12/Mmm1. ..
- Boy D, Koch H. Visualization of distinct entities of the SecYEG translocon during translocation and integration of bacterial proteins. Mol Biol Cell. 2009;20:1804-15 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the assembly or the stability of the bacterial SecYEG translocon is influenced by the substrate that needs to be transported. ..
- Almstedt M, Blagitko Dorfs N, Duque Afonso J, Karbach J, Pfeifer D, Jager E, et al. The DNA demethylating agent 5-aza-2'-deoxycytidine induces expression of NY-ESO-1 and other cancer/testis antigens in myeloid leukemia cells. Leuk Res. 2010;34:899-905 pubmed publisher..The susceptibility of DAC-treated AML cell lines to antigen-specific T-cell recognition has clear implications for future clinical trials combining DAC and specific immunotherapy in AML. ..
- Malinoc A, Sullivan M, Wiech T, Schmid K, Jilg C, Straeter J, et al. Biallelic inactivation of the SDHC gene in renal carcinoma associated with paraganglioma syndrome type 3. Endocr Relat Cancer. 2012;19:283-90 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that RCC is a component of PGL3. Biallelic inactivation of the SDHC gene may represent a new pathway of pathogenesis of syndromic and nonsyndromic RCC, perhaps of both clear cell and papillary histologies...
- Helmstädter M, Lüthy K, Gödel M, Simons M, Ashish -, Nihalani D, et al. Functional study of mammalian Neph proteins in Drosophila melanogaster. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e40300 pubmed publisher..Hereby, we establish D. melanogaster as a genetic system to specifically model molecular Neph1 functions in vivo and identify a conserved amino acid motif linking Neph1 to Drosophila Kirre function. ..
- Nakajima C, Kulik A, Frotscher M, Herz J, Schafer M, Bock H, et al. Low density lipoprotein receptor-related protein 1 (LRP1) modulates N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptor-dependent intracellular signaling and NMDA-induced regulation of postsynaptic protein complexes. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:21909-23 pubmed publisher..These results show a role of LRP1 in the regulation and turnover of synaptic proteins, which may contribute to the reduced dendritic branching and to the neurological phenotype observed in the absence of LRP1. ..
- Bömer U, Rassow J, Zufall N, Pfanner N, Meijer M, Maarse A. The preprotein translocase of the inner mitochondrial membrane: evolutionary conservation of targeting and assembly of Tim17. J Mol Biol. 1996;262:389-95 pubmed..The mechanisms of targeting and assembly were indistinguishable between the Tim17s from distinct organisms, indicating a high evolutionary conservation. ..
- Sommer F, Drepper F, Hippler M. The luminal helix l of PsaB is essential for recognition of plastocyanin or cytochrome c6 and fast electron transfer to photosystem I in Chlamydomonas reinhardtii. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:6573-81 pubmed..These data strongly suggest that Trp(627) is a key residue of the recognition site formed by the core of PSI for binding and electron transfer between the two soluble electron donors and the photosystem. ..
- Su Y, Jumaa H. LAT links the pre-BCR to calcium signaling. Immunity. 2003;19:295-305 pubmed..Together, our results suggest that the adaptor proteins LAT and SLP-76 are involved in pre-BCR signaling, thereby rescuing arrested murine SLP-65(-/-) pre-B cells. ..
- Reisinger E, Zimmermann U, Knipper M, Ludwig J, Klocker N, Fakler B, et al. Cod106, a novel synaptic protein expressed in sensory hair cells of the inner ear and in CNS neurons. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2005;28:106-17 pubmed..Cell-type specificity and subcellular localization may be consistent with an involvement of Cod106 in synaptic processes. ..
- Fiebich B, Grozdeva M, Hess S, Hull M, Danesch U, Bodensieck A, et al. Petasites hybridus extracts in vitro inhibit COX-2 and PGE2 release by direct interaction with the enzyme and by preventing p42/44 MAP kinase activation in rat primary microglial cells. Planta Med. 2005;71:12-9 pubmed..Therefore, these Petasites hybridus extracts can be regarded as natural selective inhibitors of COX-2 and its expression, an effect which is independent from the petasin content. ..
- Deitermann S, Sprie G, Koch H. A dual function for SecA in the assembly of single spanning membrane proteins in Escherichia coli. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:39077-85 pubmed..This could suggest that single and multiple spanning membrane proteins are processed differently by the bacterial SecY translocon. ..
- Herz C, Aumailley M, Schulte C, Schlötzer Schrehardt U, Bruckner Tuderman L, Has C. Kindlin-1 is a phosphoprotein involved in regulation of polarity, proliferation, and motility of epidermal keratinocytes. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:36082-90 pubmed..It is involved in organization and anchorage of the actin cytoskeleton to integrin-associated signaling platforms. ..
- Herzog S, Jumaa H. The N terminus of the non-T cell activation linker (NTAL) confers inhibitory effects on pre-B cell differentiation. J Immunol. 2007;178:2336-43 pubmed..Our data suggest that, in addition to the missing PLC-gamma1/2 binding motif, the N terminus is responsible for the functional differences between NTAL and LAT in pre-B cells. ..
- Gehlhaus M, Schmitt N, Volk B, Meyer R. Antiepileptic drugs affect neuronal androgen signaling via a cytochrome P450-dependent pathway. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2007;322:550-9 pubmed..These findings point to an important and novel function of P450 in regulation of steroid hormones and their receptors in endocrine tissues such as liver and brain. ..
- Has C, Ludwig R, Herz C, Kern J, Ussar S, Ochsendorf F, et al. C-terminally truncated kindlin-1 leads to abnormal adhesion and migration of keratinocytes. Br J Dermatol. 2008;159:1192-6 pubmed publisher..The short transcript partially escaped nonsense-mediated mRNA decay and was translated into a truncated protein. A C-terminally truncated kindlin-1 in keratinocytes could not function correctly even if it were expressed. ..
- Gao H, Sellin L, Pütz M, Nickel C, Imgrund M, Gerke P, et al. A short carboxy-terminal domain of polycystin-1 reorganizes the microtubular network and the endoplasmic reticulum. Exp Cell Res. 2009;315:1157-70 pubmed publisher..This motif reveals homology to CLIMP-63, a microtubule-binding protein that rearranges the ER. Our findings suggest that polycystin-1 influences the shape and localization of both the microtubular network and the ER. ..
- Skouloudaki K, Puetz M, Simons M, Courbard J, Boehlke C, Hartleben B, et al. Scribble participates in Hippo signaling and is required for normal zebrafish pronephros development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:8579-84 pubmed publisher..We hypothesize that Hippo signaling is required for normal pronephros development in zebrafish and that Scribble is a candidate link between Fat and the Hippo signaling cascade in vertebrates. ..
- Hermle T, Saltukoglu D, Grünewald J, Walz G, Simons M. Regulation of Frizzled-dependent planar polarity signaling by a V-ATPase subunit. Curr Biol. 2010;20:1269-76 pubmed publisher..The requirement for additional V-ATPase subunits suggests that proton fluxes contribute to normal Fz receptor function and signaling. ..
- Petzoldt A, Gleixner E, Fumagalli A, Vaccari T, Simons M. Elevated expression of the V-ATPase C subunit triggers JNK-dependent cell invasion and overgrowth in a Drosophila epithelium. Dis Model Mech. 2013;6:689-700 pubmed publisher..In summary, our in vivo-findings demonstrate that increased levels of V-ATPase C subunit induce a Eiger/JNK-dependent cell transformation within an epithelial organ that recapitulates early carcinoma stages. ..
- Zerbes R, HÃ¶ÃŸ P, Pfanner N, van der Laan M, Bohnert M. Distinct Roles of Mic12 and Mic27 in the Mitochondrial Contact Site and Cristae Organizing System. J Mol Biol. 2016;428:1485-92 pubmed publisher..We conclude that in addition to the MICOS core components Mic10 and Mic60, Mic12 and Mic27 play specific roles in the organization of the MICOS complex. ..
- Schwenk J, Harmel N, Zolles G, Bildl W, Kulik A, Heimrich B, et al. Functional proteomics identify cornichon proteins as auxiliary subunits of AMPA receptors. Science. 2009;323:1313-9 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that cornichons are intrinsic auxiliary subunits of native AMPARs and provide previously unknown molecular determinants for glutamatergic neurotransmission in the central nervous system. ..
- Zucker B, Kama J, Kuhn A, Thu D, Orlando L, Dunah A, et al. Decreased Lin7b expression in layer 5 pyramidal neurons may contribute to impaired corticostriatal connectivity in huntington disease. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 2010;69:880-95 pubmed publisher..Thus, decreased cortical LIN7 expression may contribute to abnormal corticostriatal connectivity in HD. ..
- Becker T, Wenz L, Thornton N, Stroud D, Meisinger C, Wiedemann N, et al. Biogenesis of mitochondria: dual role of Tom7 in modulating assembly of the preprotein translocase of the outer membrane. J Mol Biol. 2011;405:113-24 pubmed publisher..Thus, Tom7 modulates the biogenesis of topologically different proteins, the ?-barrel forming protein Tom40 and Tom22 that contains a transmembrane ?-helix. ..
- Has C, Castiglia D, Del Rio M, Diez M, Piccinni E, Kiritsi D, et al. Kindler syndrome: extension of FERMT1 mutational spectrum and natural history. Hum Mutat. 2011;32:1204-12 pubmed publisher..Environmental factors and yet unidentified modifiers may play a role. Better understanding of the molecular pathogenesis of KS should enable the development of prevention strategies for disease complications. ..
- Sun Y, Liegl R, Gong Y, Bühler A, Cakir B, Meng S, et al. Sema3f Protects Against Subretinal Neovascularization In Vivo. EBioMedicine. 2017;18:281-287 pubmed publisher..Combined, these results provide the first evidence from two distinct in vivo models for a use of Sema3f in protecting the outer retina against subretinal neovascularization. ..
- Bausch B, Schiavi F, Ni Y, Welander J, Patocs A, Ngeow J, et al. Clinical Characterization of the Pheochromocytoma and Paraganglioma Susceptibility Genes SDHA, TMEM127, MAX, and SDHAF2 for Gene-Informed Prevention. JAMA Oncol. 2017;3:1204-1212 pubmed publisher..Genetic testing is recommended in patients at clinically high risk if the classic genes are mutation negative. Gene-specific prevention and/or early detection requires regular, systematic whole-body investigation. ..
- Huber T, Kottgen M, Schilling B, Walz G, Benzing T. Interaction with podocin facilitates nephrin signaling. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:41543-6 pubmed..Mutational analysis suggests that abnormal or inefficient signaling through the nephrin-podocin complex contributes to the development of podocyte dysfunction and proteinuria. ..
- Gerke P, Huber T, Sellin L, Benzing T, Walz G. Homodimerization and heterodimerization of the glomerular podocyte proteins nephrin and NEPH1. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2003;14:918-26 pubmed
- Schermer B, Höpker K, Omran H, Ghenoiu C, Fliegauf M, Fekete A, et al. Phosphorylation by casein kinase 2 induces PACS-1 binding of nephrocystin and targeting to cilia. EMBO J. 2005;24:4415-24 pubmed..Inhibition of CK2 activity abrogates this interaction and results in the loss of correct nephrocystin targeting. These data suggest that CK2-dependent transport processes represent a novel pathway of targeting proteins to the cilia. ..
- Korff T, Dandekar G, Pfaff D, Füller T, Goettsch W, Morawietz H, et al. Endothelial ephrinB2 is controlled by microenvironmental determinants and associates context-dependently with CD31. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2006;26:468-74 pubmed..The data demonstrate that endothelial cell ephrinB2 expression is controlled by microenvironmental determinants rather than being an intrinsic endothelial cell differentiation marker. ..
- Peters A, Kulajta C, Pawlik G, Daldal F, Koch H. Stability of the cbb3-type cytochrome oxidase requires specific CcoQ-CcoP interactions. J Bacteriol. 2008;190:5576-86 pubmed publisher..capsulatus CcoQ was required for optimal cbb(3)-type oxidase activity because it stabilized the interaction of CcoP with the CcoNO core complex, leading subsequently to the formation of the active 230-kDa cbb(3)-type oxidase complex...
- Fehrenbach K, Lessmann E, Zorn C, Kuhny M, Grochowy G, Krystal G, et al. Steel factor enhances supraoptimal antigen-induced IL-6 production from mast cells via activation of protein kinase C-beta. J Immunol. 2009;182:7897-905 pubmed publisher..Thus, PKC-beta joins PI3K and Btk as important players in this synergistic MC activation. ..
- Becker T, Guiard B, Thornton N, Zufall N, Stroud D, Wiedemann N, et al. Assembly of the mitochondrial protein import channel: role of Tom5 in two-stage interaction of Tom40 with the SAM complex. Mol Biol Cell. 2010;21:3106-13 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the assembly of newly imported Tom40 is directly initiated at the SAM complex by its association with Tom5. The involvement of Mim1 in Tom40 biogenesis can be largely attributed to its role in import of Tom5. ..
- Becker T, Wenz L, Krüger V, Lehmann W, Müller J, Goroncy L, et al. The mitochondrial import protein Mim1 promotes biogenesis of multispanning outer membrane proteins. J Cell Biol. 2011;194:387-95 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the Mim1 complex plays a central role in the import of ?-helical outer membrane proteins with multiple transmembrane segments. ..
- Böttinger L, Guiard B, Oeljeklaus S, Kulawiak B, Zufall N, Wiedemann N, et al. A complex of Cox4 and mitochondrial Hsp70 plays an important role in the assembly of the cytochrome c oxidase. Mol Biol Cell. 2013;24:2609-19 pubmed publisher..Cox4 arrests at this chaperone complex in the absence of mature complex IV. Thus the mtHsp70-Cox4 complex likely serves as a novel delivery system to channel Cox4 into the assembly line when needed. ..
- Kim G, LujÃ¡n R, Schwenk J, Kelley M, Aguado C, Watanabe M, et al. Membrane palmitoylated protein 2 is a synaptic scaffold protein required for synaptic SK2-containing channel function. elife. 2016;5: pubmed publisher..Thus, MPP2 is a novel synaptic scaffold that is required for proper synaptic localization and function of SK2-containing channels. ..
- Benzing T, Gerke P, Höpker K, Hildebrandt F, Kim E, Walz G. Nephrocystin interacts with Pyk2, p130(Cas), and tensin and triggers phosphorylation of Pyk2. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:9784-9 pubmed..A lack of functional nephrocystin may compromise Pyk2 signaling in a subset of renal epithelial cells. ..