Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on liver in Mannheim, Baden Württemberg, Germany
Locale: Mannheim, Baden Württemberg, Germany
- Bernauer S, Wehling M, Gerdes D, Falkenstein E. The human membrane progesterone receptor gene: genomic structure and promoter analysis. DNA Seq. 2001;12:13-25 pubmed..Functional analysis of differently deleted fragments of the hmpr upstream region in a GFP-reportergene assay in transiently transfected cultured cells indicates the general testability of the hmpr promoter in vivo. ..
- Breitkopf K, Roeyen C, Sawitza I, Wickert L, Floege J, Gressner A. Expression patterns of PDGF-A, -B, -C and -D and the PDGF-receptors alpha and beta in activated rat hepatic stellate cells (HSC). Cytokine. 2005;31:349-57 pubmed..Given the dramatic changes in PDGF-C and -D expression, which may compensate for down-regulation of PDGF-B, we hypothesize that the new PDGF isoforms may fulfil specific functions in hepatic fibrogenesis. ..
- Meyer C, Meindl Beinker N, Dooley S. TGF-beta signaling in alcohol induced hepatic injury. Front Biosci (Landmark Ed). 2010;15:740-9 pubmed..Hence, this review focuses on the interplay of TGF-beta and alcohol in chronic liver disease with special emphasis on the potential contribution of hepatocytes. ..
- Géraud C, Mogler C, Runge A, Evdokimov K, Lu S, Schledzewski K, et al. Endothelial transdifferentiation in hepatocellular carcinoma: loss of Stabilin-2 expression in peri-tumourous liver correlates with increased survival. Liver Int. 2013;33:1428-40 pubmed publisher..In summary, endothelial transdifferentiation is a major pathogenic event in HCC development indicating a switch from vessel co-option/intussusceptive angiogenesis to sprouting angiogenesis. ..
- Piegang B, Tigoufack I, Ngnokam D, Achounna A, Watcho P, Greffrath W, et al. Cycloartanes from Oxyanthus pallidus and derivatives with analgesic activities. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2016;16:97 pubmed publisher..OP5 is devoid of ulcerogenic effect and possess antioxidant properties that might be of benefit to its analgesic properties. ..
- Zhang Y, Kim D, Lu Y, Jung Y, Lee J, Kim Y, et al. Orphan nuclear receptor ERR? is a key regulator of human fibrinogen gene expression. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182141 pubmed publisher..Overall, this study elucidates a molecular mechanism linking CB1R signaling, ERR? expression and fibrinogen gene transcription. GSK5182 may have therapeutic potential to treat hyperfibrinogenemia. ..