Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on light in Heidelberg, Baden Württemberg, Germany
Locale: Heidelberg, Baden Württemberg, Germany
- ..Research in BMC Biology now implicates the ancient opsin-mediated transduction pathway in the neuronal control of stinging cell discharge. ..
- Jung A, Domratcheva T, Tarutina M, Wu Q, Ko W, Shoeman R, et al. Structure of a bacterial BLUF photoreceptor: insights into blue light-mediated signal transduction. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:12350-5 pubmed publisher..The structure suggests a unique photochemical signaling switch in which the absorption of light induces a structural change in the rim surrounding the hook, thereby changing the protein interface between BLUF and the output domain...
- Schafmeier T, Diernfellner A. Light input and processing in the circadian clock of Neurospora. FEBS Lett. 2011;585:1467-73 pubmed publisher..Here we review the increasing knowledge about light-dependent gene expression and photoadaptation in Neurospora and discuss their relevance for synchronisation of the circadian clock...
- Agopov M, Gramatikov B, Wu Y, Irsch K, Guyton D. Use of retinal nerve fiber layer birefringence as an addition to absorption in retinal scanning for biometric purposes. Appl Opt. 2008;47:1048-53 pubmed..The birefringence-derived signal proved to add useful information to the reflectance-absorption signature for retinal biometric scanning. ..
- Bohn M, Diesinger P, Kaufmann R, Weiland Y, Muller P, Gunkel M, et al. Localization microscopy reveals expression-dependent parameters of chromatin nanostructure. Biophys J. 2010;99:1358-67 pubmed publisher..The observed fluctuations, including the experimental evidence for dynamic looping, are consistent with a recently proposed chromatin model. ..
- Malzahn E, Ciprianidis S, Káldi K, Schafmeier T, Brunner M. Photoadaptation in Neurospora by competitive interaction of activating and inhibitory LOV domains. Cell. 2010;142:762-72 pubmed publisher..We show that VVD is essential to discriminate between day and night, even in naturally ambiguous photoperiods with moonlight...
- Waldeck W, Mueller G, Wiessler M, Brom M, Toth K, Braun K. Autofluorescent proteins as photosensitizer in eukaryontes. Int J Med Sci. 2009;6:365-73 pubmed..Therefore the H2A-KRED fusion protein can be considered as an appropriate candidate for the photodynamic therapy (PDT). This finding can be transferred to current photodynamic approaches and can enhance their therapeutic outcome. ..
- Holzer M, Mamusa M, Auffarth G. Accuracy of a new partial coherence interferometry analyser for biometric measurements. Br J Ophthalmol. 2009;93:807-10 pubmed publisher..The ALLEGRO BioGraph/LENSTAR LS 900 is a precise device containing additional features that will be helpful tools for any cataract or refractive surgeon. ..
- Diepholz M, Venzke D, Prinz S, Batisse C, Flörchinger B, Rössle M, et al. A different conformation for EGC stator subcomplex in solution and in the assembled yeast V-ATPase: possible implications for regulatory disassembly. Structure. 2008;16:1789-98 pubmed publisher..However, the relative arrangement of the EG and C subunits in solution is more open than that in the holoenzyme, suggesting a conformational change of EGC during regulatory assembly and disassembly. ..
- Diernfellner A, Colot H, Dintsis O, Loros J, Dunlap J, Brunner M. Long and short isoforms of Neurospora clock protein FRQ support temperature-compensated circadian rhythms. FEBS Lett. 2007;581:5759-64 pubmed..Our data indicate that differential expression of FRQ isoforms is not required for temperature compensation but rather provides a means to fine-tune period length in response to ambient temperature. ..
- Jung A, Reinstein J, Domratcheva T, Shoeman R, Schlichting I. Crystal structures of the AppA BLUF domain photoreceptor provide insights into blue light-mediated signal transduction. J Mol Biol. 2006;362:717-32 pubmed publisher..We propose that the blue light signal is transmitted towards the surface of the BLUF domain via His44, which serves as a reporter of active site changes...
- Gin E, Diernfellner A, Brunner M, H fer T. The Neurospora photoreceptor VIVID exerts negative and positive control on light sensing to achieve adaptation. Mol Syst Biol. 2013;9:667 pubmed publisher..Our quantitative study uncovers a novel network motif for achieving sensory adaptation and defines a core input module of the circadian clock in Neurospora...
- Viereck R, Kirsch M, Low R, Rausch T. Down-regulation of plant V-type H+ -ATPase genes after light-induced inhibition of growth. FEBS Lett. 1996;384:285-8 pubmed..The results indicate that expression of the 'housekeeping' V-type H+-ATPase is strongly regulated in response to growth rate. ..
- Guglielmi G, Barry J, Huber W, de Renzis S. An Optogenetic Method to Modulate Cell Contractility during Tissue Morphogenesis. Dev Cell. 2015;35:646-660 pubmed publisher..Together, these results show the efficacy of this optogenetic approach to dissect the interplay between cell-cell interaction, force transmission, and tissue geometry during complex morphogenetic processes. ..
- Bazhin A, Schadendorf D, Owen R, Zernii E, Philippov P, Eichmüller S. Visible light modulates the expression of cancer-retina antigens. Mol Cancer Res. 2008;6:110-8 pubmed publisher..The visual cascade and retinoic acid as its derivate do not play any role in this process. Putative explanations for light-dependent modulation of cancer-retina antigen expression in melanoma cells are discussed. ..