Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Tübingen, Baden Württemberg, Germany
Locale: Tübingen, Baden Württemberg, Germany
Publications377 found, 100 shown here
- Röhn T, Wagenknecht B, Roth W, Naumann U, Gulbins E, Krammer P, et al. CCNU-dependent potentiation of TRAIL/Apo2L-induced apoptosis in human glioma cells is p53-independent but may involve enhanced cytochrome c release. Oncogene. 2001;20:4128-37 pubmed..These data provide novel insights into the role of the TRAIL/Apo2L system in malignant gliomas and illustrate that TRAIL/Apo2L-based immunochemotherapy may be an effective therapeutic strategy for these lethal neoplasms. ..
- Reichardt V, Milazzo C, Brugger W, Einsele H, Kanz L, Brossart P. Idiotype vaccination of multiple myeloma patients using monocyte-derived dendritic cells. Haematologica. 2003;88:1139-49 pubmed..Serum-free DC vaccines induce Id-specific T-cell responses in MM patients. ..
- Broghammer M, Leistenschneider P, Baus Loncar M, Blin N, Sasiadek M, Pusch C. Reduced expression of connexin 31.1 in larynx cancer is not caused by GJB5 mutations. Cancer Lett. 2004;214:225-9 pubmed..Lack of GJB5 mutations in the entire tumour collection suggests that this gene is not primarily involved in laryngeal tumorigenesis. ..
- Amberger C, Dittmann H, Overkamp D, Brechtel K, Bares R, Kotter I. [Large vessel vasculitis as cause of fever of unknown origin (FUO) or systemic inflammation. Diagnosis using 18-F-fluor-2-deoxy-D-glucose positron emission tomography ((18)F-FDG-PET)]. Z Rheumatol. 2005;64:32-9 pubmed..Especially when large vessel vasculitis is suspected, further diagnostic work by PET seems to be of benefit. Furthermore, it offers the opportunity to evaluate disease activity and to check which vessels are involved. ..
- Goerke C, Gressinger M, Endler K, Breitkopf C, Wardecki K, Stern M, et al. High phenotypic diversity in infecting but not in colonizing Staphylococcus aureus populations. Environ Microbiol. 2007;9:3134-42 pubmed..aureus population is highly favoured during chronic CF lung infection, supporting the general hypothesis that maintenance of intrahost diversity can be of adaptive value, increasing the fitness of the bacterial community. ..
- Schonberger T, Siegel Axel D, Bussl R, Richter S, Judenhofer M, Haubner R, et al. The immunoadhesin glycoprotein VI-Fc regulates arterial remodelling after mechanical injury in ApoE-/- mice. Cardiovasc Res. 2008;80:131-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, soluble GPVI-Fc might be also a promising compound to attenuate lesion progression after plaque rupture. ..
- Enck P, Kaiser C, Felber M, Riepl R, Klauser A, Klosterhalfen S, et al. Circadian variation of rectal sensitivity and gastrointestinal peptides in healthy volunteers. Neurogastroenterol Motil. 2009;21:52-8 pubmed publisher..This circadian variation needs to be taken into account in patients and volunteer studies. ..
- Ochs B, Marintschev I, Hoyer H, Rolauffs B, Culemann U, Pohlemann T, et al. Changes in the treatment of acetabular fractures over 15 years: Analysis of 1266 cases treated by the German Pelvic Multicentre Study Group (DAO/DGU). Injury. 2010;41:839-51 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the rarity and complexity of acetabular fractures demands further specific teaching by experienced acetabular surgeons, scientific research and clinical outcome evaluation. ..
- Roser F, Ebner F, Ebner F, Maier G, Tatagiba M, Nagele T, et al. Fractional anisotropy levels derived from diffusion tensor imaging in cervical syringomyelia. Neurosurgery. 2010;67:901-5; discussion 905 pubmed publisher..DTI of the cervical spine can provide quantitative information about the pathological characteristics beyond the abnormalities visible on magnetic resonance imaging. ..
- Grünwald M, Bono F. Structure of Importin13-Ubc9 complex: nuclear import and release of a key regulator of sumoylation. EMBO J. 2011;30:427-38 pubmed publisher..The structure also shows that the binding mode is compatible with the sumoylated states of Ubc9. Indeed, we find that Imp13 is able to bind sumoylated Ubc9 in vitro and suppresses autosumoylation activity in the complex. ..
- Deuter C, Stubiger N, Zierhut M. Interferon-α therapy in noninfectious uveitis. Dev Ophthalmol. 2012;51:90-7 pubmed publisher..This chapter updates the mechanisms and pharmacology of IFN and its effects in experimental studies. This is followed by a summary of clinical studies in intraocular inflammation and the spectrum of side effects. ..
- Icheva V, Kayser S, Wolff D, Tuve S, Kyzirakos C, Bethge W, et al. Adoptive transfer of epstein-barr virus (EBV) nuclear antigen 1-specific t cells as treatment for EBV reactivation and lymphoproliferative disorders after allogeneic stem-cell transplantation. J Clin Oncol. 2013;31:39-48 pubmed publisher..Adoptive ex vivo transfer of EBNA-1-specific T cells is a feasible and well-tolerated therapeutic option, representing a fast and efficient procedure to achieve reconstitution of antiviral T-cell immunity after SCT. ..
- Morote Garcia J, Kohler D, Roth J, Mirakaj V, Eldh T, Eltzschig H, et al. Repression of the equilibrative nucleoside transporters dampens inflammatory lung injury. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2013;49:296-305 pubmed publisher..The inhibition of ENTs could be pursued as a therapeutic option to ameliorate inflammatory lung injury. ..
- Seizer P, May A. Platelets and matrix metalloproteinases. Thromb Haemost. 2013;110:903-9 pubmed publisher..This review focuses on platelet-derived and platelet-induced MMPs and their inhibitors. ..
- Stingl K, Bartz Schmidt K, Gekeler F, Kusnyerik A, Sachs H, Zrenner E. Functional outcome in subretinal electronic implants depends on foveal eccentricity. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2013;54:7658-65 pubmed publisher..43). Subfoveal placement of active subretinal visual implants allows superior measurable outcomes compared to para- or nonfoveal placement locations. (ClinicalTrials.gov numbers, NCT01024803, NCT00515814.). ..
- Mussolino C, Alzubi J, Fine E, Morbitzer R, Cradick T, Lahaye T, et al. TALENs facilitate targeted genome editing in human cells with high specificity and low cytotoxicity. Nucleic Acids Res. 2014;42:6762-73 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our results link nuclease-associated toxicity to off-target cleavage activity and corroborate TALENs as a highly specific platform for future clinical translation. ..
- Khuluza F, Heide L. Availability and affordability of antimalarial and antibiotic medicines in Malawi. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0175399 pubmed publisher..The free provision of medicines in the public health care system remains important in order to achieve universal health coverage, due to the low income in this country. ..
- Wagenknecht B, Hermisson M, Groscurth P, Liston P, Krammer P, Weller M. Proteasome inhibitor-induced apoptosis of glioma cells involves the processing of multiple caspases and cytochrome c release. J Neurochem. 2000;75:2288-97 pubmed..Finally, death ligand/receptor interactions, including the CD95/CD95 ligand system, do not mediate apoptosis induced by proteasome inhibition in human malignant glioma cells. ..
- Kaulich T, Zurheide J, Flühs D, Haug T, Nüsslin F, Bamberg M. [Therapy relevant weak sites in industrial quality assurance of 106Ru eye plaques]. Strahlenther Onkol. 2001;177:616-23; discussion 624-7 pubmed..In the meantime, components of the internal clinical acceptance test have been adopted successfully by the manufacturer of the 106Ru ophthalmic plaques...
- Sotlar K, Escribano L, Landt O, Möhrle S, Herrero S, Torrelo A, et al. One-step detection of c-kit point mutations using peptide nucleic acid-mediated polymerase chain reaction clamping and hybridization probes. Am J Pathol. 2003;162:737-46 pubmed
- Karcher C, Dieterich H, Schroeder T. Rhabdomyolysis in an obese patient after total knee arthroplasty. Br J Anaesth. 2006;97:822-4 pubmed..Intensified postoperative observation seem justified in these patients. ..
- Burster T, Marin Esteban V, Boehm B, Dunn S, Rotzschke O, Falk K, et al. Design of protease-resistant myelin basic protein-derived peptides by cleavage site directed amino acid substitutions. Biochem Pharmacol. 2007;74:1514-23 pubmed..The strategy outlined allows the development of protease-resistant APL and provides a universal design strategy to improve peptide-based immunotherapeutics. ..
- Tena Tomás C, Pedroso M, de Messias Reason I, Kremsner P, Kun J. Polymorphisms in the IFNAR1 gene in patients with chronic hepatitis C: outcome of combined IFN-alpha therapy. Eur Cytokine Netw. 2007;18:136-41 pubmed..This study suggests that when combination therapy with high dose IFN-alpha and ribavirin is administered, HCV genotypes and age rather than the IFNAR1 polymorphisms are the predictors of a sustained response. ..
- Breit S, Spieker S, Schulz J, Gasser T. Long-term EMG recordings differentiate between parkinsonian and essential tremor. J Neurol. 2008;255:103-11 pubmed publisher..We conclude that long-term EMG recording allows a rater-independent classification of parkinsonian versus essential tremor. ..
- Wagner C, Riess T, Linke D, Eberhardt C, Schäfer A, Reutter S, et al. Use of Bartonella adhesin A (BadA) immunoblotting in the serodiagnosis of Bartonella henselae infections. Int J Med Microbiol. 2008;298:579-90 pubmed publisher..henselae-infected patients and, therefore, this pilot study suggests to include BadA immunoblotting in the laboratory diagnosis of B. henselae infections. ..
- Kohle C, Bock K. Coordinate regulation of human drug-metabolizing enzymes, and conjugate transporters by the Ah receptor, pregnane X receptor and constitutive androstane receptor. Biochem Pharmacol. 2009;77:689-99 pubmed publisher..Biotransformation appears to be tightly controlled to achieve efficient homeostasis of endobiotics and detoxification of dietary phytochemicals, but nuclear receptor agonists may also lead to potentially harmful drug interactions. ..
- Danielyan L, Zellmer S, Sickinger S, Tolstonog G, Salvetter J, Lourhmati A, et al. Keratinocytes as depository of ammonium-inducible glutamine synthetase: age- and anatomy-dependent distribution in human and rat skin. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e4416 pubmed publisher..Such a depository of glutamine-generating enzyme seems essential for continuous renewal of epidermal permeability barrier and during pathological processes accompanied by hyperammonemia. ..
- Thorwarth D, Henke G, Müller A, Reimold M, Beyer T, Boss A, et al. Simultaneous 68Ga-DOTATOC-PET/MRI for IMRT treatment planning for meningioma: first experience. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2011;81:277-83 pubmed publisher..This case showed that differences in target volumes delineated on the basis of separate MR and PET/CT and simultaneous PET/MR may be observed that can have significant consequences for an effectively applied radiotherapy treatment plan. ..
- Stegger L, Martirosian P, Schwenzer N, Bisdas S, Kolb A, Pfannenberg C, et al. Simultaneous PET/MR imaging of the brain: feasibility of cerebral blood flow measurements with FAIR-TrueFISP arterial spin labeling MRI. Acta Radiol. 2012;53:1066-72 pubmed publisher..ASL brain imaging is feasible with a prototype hybrid PET/MRI scanner, thus adding to the value of this novel imaging technique. ..
- Lorenz L, Peter A, Poets C, Franz A. A review of cord blood concentrations of iron status parameters to define reference ranges for preterm infants. Neonatology. 2013;104:194-202 pubmed publisher..If iron supplementation in preterm infants should be individually adjusted based on iron status parameters, it may be necessary to aim for cord blood concentration ranges to enable optimal growth and development. ..
- Stumvoll M, Haring H. The peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma2 Pro12Ala polymorphism. Diabetes. 2002;51:2341-7 pubmed..The precise understanding of its mechanism may lead to novel diagnostic, preventive, and therapeutic approaches for improving the management of type 2 diabetes. ..
- Iliev D, Ranke M, Wollmann H. Mixed gonadal dysgenesis and precocious puberty. Horm Res. 2002;58:30-3 pubmed..The karyotype was 46,XY/45,X. These findings confirmed the diagnosis of mixed gonadal dysgenesis with testosterone-producing gonadoblastoma...
- Köhnke M, Batra A, Kolb W, Köhnke A, Lutz U, Schick S, et al. Association of the dopamine transporter gene with alcoholism. Alcohol Alcohol. 2005;40:339-42 pubmed..Our results reveal that the allele A9 is strongly associated with alcoholism but not with withdrawal symptoms or daily alcohol intake. ..
- Held J, Zanger P, Issifou S, Kremsner P, Mordmuller B. In vitro activity of tigecycline in Plasmodium falciparum culture-adapted strains and clinical isolates from Gabon. Int J Antimicrob Agents. 2010;35:587-9 pubmed publisher..6-12.9 nM) for clindamycin. Tigecycline was found to act faster against plasmodia than any of the other antibiotics tested. This study demonstrates the potential of tetracycline derivatives in the development of improved antimalarials. ..
- Berg D. Is pre-motor diagnosis possible? The European experience. Parkinsonism Relat Disord. 2012;18 Suppl 1:S195-8 pubmed publisher..Establishing sensitivity, specificity, predictive value and progression of markers in yet healthy individuals are hoped to lay the basis for future interventional trials before the onset of motor-PD. ..
- Christie M, Boland A, Huntzinger E, Weichenrieder O, Izaurralde E. Structure of the PAN3 pseudokinase reveals the basis for interactions with the PAN2 deadenylase and the GW182 proteins. Mol Cell. 2013;51:360-73 pubmed publisher..Together, our data reveal the structural basis for the interaction of PAN3 with PAN2 and the recruitment of the PAN2-PAN3 complex to miRNA targets by TNRC6 proteins. ..
- Neumeister B, Reiff G, Faigle M, Dietz K, Northoff H, Lang F. Influence of Acanthamoeba castellanii on intracellular growth of different Legionella species in human monocytes. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2000;66:914-9 pubmed..This coculture model allows investigations of molecular and biochemical mechanisms which are responsible for the enhancement of intracellular multiplication of legionellae in monocytic cells after interaction with amoebae. ..
- Herrlinger U, Felsberg J, Kuker W, Bornemann A, Plasswilm L, Knobbe C, et al. Gliomatosis cerebri: molecular pathology and clinical course. Ann Neurol. 2002;52:390-9 pubmed
- Fischer R, Köhler K, Fotin Mleczek M, Brock R. A stepwise dissection of the intracellular fate of cationic cell-penetrating peptides. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:12625-35 pubmed..The structural and functional data therefore strongly suggest a common mechanism of import for cationic cell-penetrating peptides and the toxins. ..
- Braedel S, Radsak M, Einsele H, Latge J, Michan A, Loeffler J, et al. Aspergillus fumigatus antigens activate innate immune cells via toll-like receptors 2 and 4. Br J Haematol. 2004;125:392-9 pubmed..Our results indicated that this activation was mediated via TLR2 and TLR4. Future studies are needed to assess the clinical impact of these findings in patients at high risk for IA. ..
- Biegert C, Wagner I, Lüdtke R, Kotter I, Lohmüller C, Günaydin I, et al. Efficacy and safety of willow bark extract in the treatment of osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis: results of 2 randomized double-blind controlled trials. J Rheumatol. 2004;31:2121-30 pubmed..8 mm; 95% CI -20.9 to 19.3 mm; p = 0.93, ANCOVA). The OA study suggested that the willow bark extract showed no relevant efficacy in patients with OA. Similarly, the RA trial did not indicate efficacy of this extract in patients with RA. ..
- Berg C, Stein G, Klein R, Pascu M, Berg T, Kammer W, et al. Demonstration of PDC-E1 subunits as major antigens in the complement-fixing fraction M4 and re-evaluation of PDC-E1-specific antibodies in PBC patients. Liver Int. 2006;26:846-55 pubmed..As PDC-E1 subunits as compared with PDC-E2 lack lipoyl-binding sites, they probably have to be considered as an independent and important target. ..
- Weck M, Appel S, Werth D, Sinzger C, Bringmann A, Grunebach F, et al. hDectin-1 is involved in uptake and cross-presentation of cellular antigens. Blood. 2008;111:4264-72 pubmed
- ..HCMV-containing vesicles resemble endocytic vesicles reported for other herpesviruses with regard to size and structure suggesting a similar entry route for various herpesviruses in endocytically active cells. ..
- Guenova E, Volz T, Sauer K, Kaesler S, Muller M, Wölbing F, et al. IL-4-mediated fine tuning of IL-12p70 production by human DC. Eur J Immunol. 2008;38:3138-49 pubmed publisher..Thus, we demonstrate that the Th2 cell cytokine IL-4 decisively determines the phenotype of ongoing immune responses by orchestrating the functional phenotype of newly immigrating DC precursors. ..
- Plontke S, Löwenheim H, Mertens J, Engel C, Meisner C, Weidner A, et al. Randomized, double blind, placebo controlled trial on the safety and efficacy of continuous intratympanic dexamethasone delivered via a round window catheter for severe to profound sudden idiopathic sensorineural hearing loss after failure of systemi. Laryngoscope. 2009;119:359-69 pubmed publisher..To study the safety and efficacy of continuous intratympanic dexamethasone-phosphate (Dex-P) for severe to profound sudden idiopathic sensorineural hearing (ISSHL) or sudden idiopathic anacusis after failure of systemic therapy...
- SchAfer R, Bantleon R, Kehlbach R, Siegel G, Wiskirchen J, Wolburg H, et al. Functional investigations on human mesenchymal stem cells exposed to magnetic fields and labeled with clinically approved iron nanoparticles. BMC Cell Biol. 2010;11:22 pubmed publisher..Further in vivo investigations are needed to elucidate the molecular mechanisms of the interaction of magnetic fields with stem cell biology. ..
- Gallwitz B. [Incretins: do they exert cardiovascular effects?]. Herz. 2010;35:130-8 pubmed publisher..Additionally, an improvement of cardiovascular surrogate parameters was observed with incretin-based therapies. This review gives an overview on the cardiovascular effects of GLP-1 and incretin-based therapies. ..
- Krogmann A, Staiger K, Haas C, Gommer N, Peter A, Heni M, et al. Inflammatory response of human coronary artery endothelial cells to saturated long-chain fatty acids. Microvasc Res. 2011;81:52-9 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, hCAECs express a large panel of inflammatory genes with a series of genes being regulated by palmitate and stearate, but not by UFAs. Thus, SFAs represent potential contributors to vascular inflammation. ..
- Esen M, Mordmuller B, de Salazar P, Adegnika A, Agnandji S, Schaumburg F, et al. Reduced antibody responses against Plasmodium falciparum vaccine candidate antigens in the presence of Trichuris trichiura. Vaccine. 2012;30:7621-4 pubmed publisher..Therefore we assessed the influence of helminth infection on vaccine-induced immune responses in a phase I clinical trial of the malaria vaccine candidate GMZ2...
- Lindau D, Mussard J, Wagner B, Ribon M, Rönnefarth V, Quettier M, et al. Primary blood neutrophils express a functional cell surface Toll-like receptor 9. Eur J Immunol. 2013;43:2101-13 pubmed publisher..This pathway may be triggered when pathogen-derived TLR9 ligands cannot reach the endosome, offering a rescue mechanism for neutrophil activation. ..
- Walter J, Vogl M, Holderried M, Becker C, Brandes A, Sinner M, et al. Manual Compression versus Vascular Closing Device for Closing Access Puncture Site in Femoral Left-Heart Catheterization and Percutaneous Coronary Interventions: A Retrospective Cross-Sectional Comparison of Costs and Effects in Inpatient Care. Value Health. 2017;20:769-776 pubmed publisher..In interventional catheterization, VCDs significantly reduced unadjusted complication rates, as well as costs. A significant reduction in costs also supports their usage in diagnostic catheterization on a larger scale. ..
- Burster T, Beck A, Tolosa E, Marin Esteban V, Rotzschke O, Falk K, et al. Cathepsin G, and not the asparagine-specific endoprotease, controls the processing of myelin basic protein in lysosomes from human B lymphocytes. J Immunol. 2004;172:5495-503 pubmed..Internalization of exogenous CatG represents a novel mechanism of professional APC to acquire functionally dominant proteolytic activity that complements the panel of endogenous lysosomal enzymes. ..
- Roos G, Röseler C, Büter K, Simmen U. Classification and correlation of St. John's wort extracts by nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy, multivariate data analysis and pharmacological activity. Planta Med. 2004;70:771-7 pubmed..The PLS 2 model confirmed the useful application of the presented approach to assess the quality of medicinal herbs and extracts by spectroscopic analysis derived from bioactivity-related quality parameters. ..
- Binder G, Renz A, Martinez A, Keselman A, Hesse V, Riedl S, et al. SHOX haploinsufficiency and Leri-Weill dyschondrosteosis: prevalence and growth failure in relation to mutation, sex, and degree of wrist deformity. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2004;89:4403-8 pubmed..No statistically significant effects of type of mutation, age of menarche, or sex on height were observed. The effect of GH therapy varied between individuals and needs to be examined in controlled studies. ..
- Poeckel D, Tausch L, George S, Jauch J, Werz O. 3-O-acetyl-11-keto-boswellic acid decreases basal intracellular Ca2+ levels and inhibits agonist-induced Ca2+ mobilization and mitogen-activated protein kinase activation in human monocytic cells. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2006;316:224-32 pubmed..Interruption of these events may represent a possible mechanism underlying the reported anti-inflammatory properties of AKBA. ..
- Burgstahler C, Wohrle J, Kochs M, Nusser T, Löffler C, Kunze M, et al. Magnetic resonance imaging to assess acute changes in atrial and ventricular parameters after transcatheter closure of atrial septal defects. J Magn Reson Imaging. 2007;25:1136-40 pubmed..ASD closure by percutaneous transcatheter device implantation results within 24 hours in a significant reduction of shunt fraction, RA and RV sizes, and RV function, whereas LA and LV dimensions remain unchanged. ..
- Müller C, Schumacher U, Gregor M, Lamprecht G. How immunocompromised are short bowel patients receiving home parenteral nutrition? Apropos a case of disseminated Fusarium oxysporum sepsis. JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr. 2009;33:717-20 pubmed publisher..3) Fusaria have a strong tendency to persist or reappear after bone marrow transplantation, which is therefore relatively contraindicated in these patients. ..
- Stellos K, Panagiota V, Kögel A, Leyhe T, Gawaz M, Laske C. Predictive value of platelet activation for the rate of cognitive decline in Alzheimer's disease patients. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2010;30:1817-20 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that platelet activation could be a putative prognostic biomarker for the rate of cognitive decline and a potential new treatment target in AD patients. ..
- Heni M, Müssig K, Machicao F, Machann J, Schick F, Claussen C, et al. Variants in the CD36 gene locus determine whole-body adiposity, but have no independent effect on insulin sensitivity. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2011;19:1004-9 pubmed publisher..In the long run, genetic variation within the CD36 locus may contribute to metabolic disease via its effect on body adiposity, but not via an independent effect on insulin sensitivity. ..
- Harvati K, Stringer C, Grün R, Aubert M, Allsworth Jones P, Folorunso C. The Later Stone Age calvaria from Iwo Eleru, Nigeria: morphology and chronology. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e24024 pubmed publisher..We undertook a morphometric reanalysis of this cranium in order to better assess its affinities. We also conducted Uranium-series dating to re-evaluate its chronology...
- Vollmer B, Schooley A, Sachdev R, Eisenhardt N, Schneider A, Sieverding C, et al. Dimerization and direct membrane interaction of Nup53 contribute to nuclear pore complex assembly. EMBO J. 2012;31:4072-84 pubmed publisher..Dimerization of Nup53 contributes to its membrane interaction and is crucial for its function in NPC assembly...
- Köstlin N, Vogelmann M, Spring B, Schwarz J, Feucht J, Hartel C, et al. Granulocytic myeloid-derived suppressor cells from human cord blood modulate T-helper cell response towards an anti-inflammatory phenotype. Immunology. 2017;152:89-101 pubmed publisher..These results point towards a role of MDSC in regulating neonatal immune responses. Targeting MDSC function in neonates could be a therapeutic opportunity to improve neonatal host defence. ..
- Di Marco M, Schuster H, Backert L, Ghosh M, Rammensee H, Stevanovic S. Unveiling the Peptide Motifs of HLA-C and HLA-G from Naturally Presented Peptides and Generation of Binding Prediction Matrices. J Immunol. 2017;199:2639-2651 pubmed publisher..Matrices were validated in terms of their binding prediction and compared with the latest NetMHC prediction algorithm NetMHCpan-3.0, which demonstrated their predictive power. ..
- Postler E, Rimner A, Beschorner R, Schluesener H, Meyermann R. Allograft-inflammatory-factor-1 is upregulated in microglial cells in human cerebral infarctions. J Neuroimmunol. 2000;104:85-91 pubmed..We conclude that AIF-1 is a sensitive marker of human microglial activation not only in inflammation but also in non-inflammatory lesions of the CNS. ..
- Weigert C, Sauer U, Brodbeck K, Pfeiffer A, Haring H, Schleicher E. AP-1 proteins mediate hyperglycemia-induced activation of the human TGF-beta1 promoter in mesangial cells. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2000;11:2007-16 pubmed
- Schneider U, Gelisken F, Inhoffen W. [Clinical characteristics of idiopathic polypoidal choroid vasculopathy]. Ophthalmologe. 2001;98:1186-91 pubmed..However, there are differences in the natural course, the visual prognosis and the response to laser treatment. ICGA is helpful to differentiate these entities. ..
- Weiland E, Weiland F. Autoantibodies against golgi apparatus induced by arteriviruses. Cell Mol Biol (Noisy-le-grand). 2002;48:279-84 pubmed..The autoimmune responses following immunization with arteriviruses may offer an approach for determining the mechanism by which such responses develop and become of biologic importance. ..
- Mohle R, Boehmler A, Denzlinger C, Kanz L. Nonpeptide mediators in the hematopoietic microenvironment. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2003;996:61-6 pubmed..Rather, mobilization and homing of HPCs involve several GPRs, which interact with each other as well as with adhesion molecules. Pharmacological activation and inhibition of the GPR may allow HPC mobilization and homing to be modulated. ..
- Berg D, Holzmann C, Riess O. 14-3-3 proteins in the nervous system. Nat Rev Neurosci. 2003;4:752-62 pubmed
- Grundmann K, Laubis Herrmann U, Dressler D, Vollmer Haase J, Bauer P, Stuhrmann M, et al. Mutation at the SCA17 locus is not a common cause of primary dystonia. J Neurol. 2004;251:1232-4 pubmed..We did not find any repeat sizes in the pathogenic range. We conclude that the SCA17 repeat expansion is not a common cause of familial and sporadic dystonia. ..
- Jaworski M, Hailfinger S, Buchmann A, Hergenhahn M, Hollstein M, Ittrich C, et al. Human p53 knock-in (hupki) mice do not differ in liver tumor response from their counterparts with murine p53. Carcinogenesis. 2005;26:1829-34 pubmed..These data suggest that the hupki allele behaves like its murine ortholog in mouse hepatocarcinogenesis. ..
- Fruhmann Berger M, Pross R, Ilg U, Karnath H. Deviation of eyes and head in acute cerebral stroke. BMC Neurol. 2006;6:23 pubmed..The evaluation of the patient's horizontal eye and head position thus could serve as a brief and easy way helping to diagnose spatial neglect, in addition to the traditional paper-and-pencil tests. ..
- Knopp S, Amegbo I, Hamm D, Schulz Key H, Banla M, Soboslay P. Antibody and cytokine responses in Dracunculus medinensis patients at distinct states of infection. Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg. 2008;102:277-83 pubmed publisher..medinensis, which extended beyond the parasite-specific immune responsiveness. The detection of D. medinensis-specific IgG(1) and IgG(4) isotypes may help to distinguish newly exposed, patent and post-patent D. medinensis infections. ..
- Albrecht W, Unger A, Nussler A, Laufer S. In vitro metabolism of 2-[6-(4-chlorophenyl)-2,2-dimethyl-7-phenyl-2,3-dihydro-1H-pyrrolizin-5-yl] acetic acid (licofelone, ML3000), an inhibitor of cyclooxygenase-1 and -2 and 5-lipoxygenase. Drug Metab Dispos. 2008;36:894-903 pubmed publisher..The formation of M3 was also observed with liver microsomes from cynomolgus monkeys, but in incubations with mouse and rat liver microsomes, M1 remained unchanged. The clinical relevance of these findings is discussed. ..
- Sopjani M, Foller M, Gulbins E, Lang F. Suicidal death of erythrocytes due to selenium-compounds. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2008;22:387-94 pubmed publisher..The present study discloses novel cellular effects of this essential nutrient...
- Martens S, Hill N, Farquhar J, Schölkopf B. Overlap and refractory effects in a brain-computer interface speller based on the visual P300 event-related potential. J Neural Eng. 2009;6:026003 pubmed publisher..However, we show that such effects are dependent on stimulus parameters: an alternative stimulus type based on apparent motion suffers less from the refractory effects and leads to an improved letter prediction performance. ..
- Silbernagel G, Fauler G, Hoffmann M, Lutjohann D, Winkelmann B, Boehm B, et al. The associations of cholesterol metabolism and plasma plant sterols with all-cause and cardiovascular mortality. J Lipid Res. 2010;51:2384-93 pubmed publisher..The data suggest that high absorption and low synthesis of cholesterol predict increased all-cause and cardiovascular mortality in LURIC participants. ..
- Müssig K, Staiger H, Machicao F, Haring H, Fritsche A. Genetic variants in MTNR1B affecting insulin secretion. Ann Med. 2010;42:387-93 pubmed publisher..This brief review aims to give an overview of how alterations in the melatonin system could contribute to an increased diabetes risk, paying special attention to the role of melatonin receptors in pancreatic beta-cell function. ..
- Usta E, Mustafi M, Scheule A, Ziemer G. Suppressing apoptosis with milrinone simulating extracorporeal circulation: a pilot study. Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2010;58:285-90 pubmed publisher..This finding warrants further study aiming to evaluate the potential beneficial effects of milrinone on the suppression of ischemia/reperfusion injury in a clinical setting. ..
- Ketterer C, Müssig K, Heni M, Dudziak K, Randrianarisoa E, Wagner R, et al. Genetic variation within the TRPM5 locus associates with prediabetic phenotypes in subjects at increased risk for type 2 diabetes. Metabolism. 2011;60:1325-33 pubmed publisher..3). In our German population, the common TRPM5 variants are likely to be associated with prediabetic phenotypes; and this may in turn contribute to the development of type 2 diabetes mellitus. ..
- Lang E, Jilani K, Zelenak C, Pasham V, Bobbala D, Qadri S, et al. Stimulation of suicidal erythrocyte death by benzethonium. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2011;28:347-54 pubmed publisher..Benzethonium (5 ?M) significantly enhanced lactic acid formation but not ceramide abundance. The present observations disclose a novel effect of benzethonium, i.e. triggering of suicidal death of erythrocytes...