Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Heidelberg, Baden Württemberg, Germany
Locale: Heidelberg, Baden Württemberg, Germany
Publications735 found, 100 shown here
- Tournaviti S, Hannemann S, Terjung S, Kitzing T, Stegmayer C, Ritzerfeld J, et al. SH4-domain-induced plasma membrane dynamization promotes bleb-associated cell motility. J Cell Sci. 2007;120:3820-9 pubmed
- Frank Raue K, Machens A, Scheuba C, Niederle B, Dralle H, Raue F. Difference in development of medullary thyroid carcinoma among carriers of RET mutations in codons 790 and 791. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2008;69:259-63 pubmed publisher..This information should be considered when age of prophylactic thyroidectomy is discussed. ..
- Wilkening S, Tavelin B, Canzian F, Enquist K, Palmqvist R, Altieri A, et al. Interleukin promoter polymorphisms and prognosis in colorectal cancer. Carcinogenesis. 2008;29:1202-6 pubmed publisher..The predicted biological effect of these SNPs in relation to promotion of cancer progression is consistent with the observed increased survival time. ..
- Muller J, Szklarczyk D, Julien P, Letunic I, Roth A, Kuhn M, et al. eggNOG v2.0: extending the evolutionary genealogy of genes with enhanced non-supervised orthologous groups, species and functional annotations. Nucleic Acids Res. 2010;38:D190-5 pubmed publisher..Users can access the complete set of orthologous groups via a web interface at: http://eggnog.embl.de. ..
- Buss S, Wolf D, Korosoglou G, Max R, Weiss C, Fischer C, et al. Myocardial left ventricular dysfunction in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus: new insights from tissue Doppler and strain imaging. J Rheumatol. 2010;37:79-86 pubmed publisher..New imaging modalities provide earlier insight into cardiovascular involvement in SLE and seem to be superior to standard echocardiography to detect subclinical myocardial disease. ..
- Aulmann S, Waldburger N, Penzel R, Andrulis M, Schirmacher P, Sinn H. Reduction of CD44(+)/CD24(-) breast cancer cells by conventional cytotoxic chemotherapy. Hum Pathol. 2010;41:574-81 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our findings challenge the proposed role of CD44(+)/CD24(-) cells as cancer stem cells in tumor resistance to chemotherapy as they apparently are not selected by conventional cytotoxic agents. ..
- Hoppe Tichy T. Current challenges in European oncology pharmacy practice. J Oncol Pharm Pract. 2010;16:9-18 pubmed publisher..Consideration may also be given to the economic role of oncology pharmacists in formulary development. ..
- Cosgarea R, Baumer A, Pretzl B, Zehaczek S, Kim T. Comparison of two different microbiological test kits for detection of periodontal pathogens. Acta Odontol Scand. 2010;68:115-21 pubmed publisher..6%) than with PADO (18.8%). Only 10.1% of the patients tested positive for A.a. with both tests. Both tests showed a high percentage of agreement for P.g., T.f. and T.d., but exhibited marked differences in the detection of A.a. ..
- Rosenberger S, De Castro Arce J, Langbein L, Steenbergen R, Rösl F. Alternative splicing of human papillomavirus type-16 E6/E6* early mRNA is coupled to EGF signaling via Erk1/2 activation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:7006-11 pubmed publisher..Because there is a natural gradient of EGF and EGF receptor expression in the stratified epithelium, it is reasonable to assume that EGF modulates E6/E7 splicing during the viral life cycle and transformation. ..
- Combs S, Kalbe A, Nikoghosyan A, Ackermann B, Jäkel O, Haberer T, et al. Carbon ion radiotherapy performed as re-irradiation using active beam delivery in patients with tumors of the brain, skull base and sacral region. Radiother Oncol. 2011;98:63-7 pubmed publisher..With carbon ions, the additional biological benefits may be exploited for long-term tumor control. Further evaluation in a larger patients' cohort will be performed in the future. ..
- Wipfler B, Donner S, Zechmann C, Springer J, Siebold R, Paessler H. Anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction using patellar tendon versus hamstring tendon: a prospective comparative study with 9-year follow-up. Arthroscopy. 2011;27:653-65 pubmed publisher..Significantly less anterior knee pain was noted in the hamstring group, when testing for kneeling and knee walking. Level II, prospective comparative study. ..
- Mueller J, Bruckner T, Triebig G. Exposure study to examine chemosensory effects of formaldehyde on hyposensitive and hypersensitive males. Int Arch Occup Environ Health. 2013;86:107-17 pubmed publisher..Formaldehyde concentrations of 0.7 ppm for 4 h and of 0.4 ppm for 4 h with peaks of 0.8 ppm for 15 min did not cause adverse effects related to irritation, and no differences between hypo- and hypersensitive subjects were observed. ..
- Botla S, Gholami A, Malekpour M, Moskalev E, Fallah M, Jandaghi P, et al. Diagnostic values of GHSR DNA methylation pattern in breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2012;135:705-13 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest a link between epigenetic down-regulation of GHSR and breast cancer cell invasion. ..
- Serva A, Knapp B, Tsai Y, Claas C, Lisauskas T, Matula P, et al. miR-17-5p regulates endocytic trafficking through targeting TBC1D2/Armus. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e52555 pubmed publisher..Our study reveals regulation of endocytic trafficking as a novel function of miR-17, which might act cooperatively with other functions of miR-17 and related miRNAs in health and disease. ..
- Straub B, Gyoengyoesi B, Koenig M, Hashani M, Pawella L, Herpel E, et al. Adipophilin/perilipin-2 as a lipid droplet-specific marker for metabolically active cells and diseases associated with metabolic dysregulation. Histopathology. 2013;62:617-31 pubmed publisher..Immunohistology for adipophilin may facilitate histomorphological diagnosis of diseases and definition of the extent of metabolic dysregulation, such as in organ infarcts, cardiomyopathies, kidney diseases, and microvesicular steatosis. ..
- Heckmann M, Thermann H, Heckmann F. Rivaroxaban versus high dose nadroparin for thromboprophylaxis after hip or knee arthroplasty. Hamostaseologie. 2015;35:358-63 pubmed publisher..8% (-2.7%; 19.9%, 95% CI) lower in patients receiving rivaroxaban. However, as previous studies have shown, low preoperative haemoglobin remains the most predictive factor for postoperative transfusions (OR: 2.4 [1.3; 4.4, 95% CI]). ..
- Yu X, Nandekar P, Mustafa G, Cojocaru V, Lepesheva G, Wade R. Ligand tunnels in T. brucei and human CYP51: Insights for parasite-specific drug design. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2016;1860:67-78 pubmed publisher..brucei and human CYP51s. The results provide a basis for the design of selective anti-parasitic agents targeting the ligand tunnels. ..
- Leidinger P, Brefort T, Backes C, Krapp M, Galata V, Beier M, et al. High-throughput qRT-PCR validation of blood microRNAs in non-small cell lung cancer. Oncotarget. 2016;7:4611-23 pubmed publisher..Although for differentiation between NSCLC patients from COPD patients more markers were required, still high accuracy rates were obtained (5 markers: 78.8%; 10 markers: 83.9%; 50 markers: 87.6%). ..
- Adjalley S, Chabbert C, Klaus B, Pelechano V, Steinmetz L. Landscape and Dynamics of Transcription Initiation in the Malaria Parasite Plasmodium falciparum. Cell Rep. 2016;14:2463-75 pubmed publisher..This work offers a framework for further investigations into the interactions between genomic sequences and regulatory factors governing the complex transcriptional program of this major human pathogen. ..
- Egawa K, Delius H, Matsukura T, Kawashima M, de Villiers E. Two novel types of human papillomavirus, HPV 63 and HPV 65: comparisons of their clinical and histological features and DNA sequences to other HPV types. Virology. 1993;194:789-99 pubmed publisher..This viral DNA was isolated and characterized. Its DNA sequence has an 83% homology to that of HPV 4, whereas both are more distantly related to HPV 60, an HPV isolated from an epidermoid cyst...
- Bruyns E, Marie Cardine A, Kirchgessner H, Sagolla K, Shevchenko A, Mann M, et al. T cell receptor (TCR) interacting molecule (TRIM), a novel disulfide-linked dimer associated with the TCR-CD3-zeta complex, recruits intracellular signaling proteins to the plasma membrane. J Exp Med. 1998;188:561-75 pubmed..Thus, TRIM represents a TCR-associated transmembrane adaptor protein which is likely involved in targeting of intracellular signaling proteins to the plasma membrane after triggering of the TCR. ..
- Kemmink J, Dijkstra K, Mariani M, Scheek R, Penka E, Nilges M, et al. The structure in solution of the b domain of protein disulfide isomerase. J Biomol NMR. 1999;13:357-68 pubmed..Therefore the domain boundaries of PDI can now be fixed with reasonable precision. Structural comparison of the PDI b domain with thioredoxin and PDI a reveals several features important for thiol-disulfide exchange activity. ..
- Kayser K, Kayser G, Becker H, Herth F. Telediagnosis of transbronchial fine needle aspirations--a feasibility study. Anal Cell Pathol. 2000;21:207-12 pubmed..Their use can improve the endoscopic sampling and avoid second anesthesia when missing the lesion of request during the first examination. ..
- Grau T, Leipold R, Horter J, Conradi R, Martin E, Motsch J. Paramedian access to the epidural space: the optimum window for ultrasound imaging. J Clin Anesth. 2001;13:213-7 pubmed..To establish a useful ultrasonic approach to the epidural space so as to optimize pre-puncture diagnostics...
- von Holst T, Lang E, Winkler U, Keil D. Bleeding patterns in peri and postmenopausal women taking a continuous combined regimen of estradiol with norethisterone acetate or a conventional sequential regimen of conjugated equine estrogens with medrogestone. Maturitas. 2002;43:265-75 pubmed..625mgCEE/5mgMG). The low dose continuous combined E(2)/NETA regimen is also suitable for late perimenopausal women since more than 80% of the women had no bleeding or spotting after 9 months of treatment. ..
- Schulze A, Lindner M, Kohlmüller D, Olgemöller K, Mayatepek E, Hoffmann G. Expanded newborn screening for inborn errors of metabolism by electrospray ionization-tandem mass spectrometry: results, outcome, and implications. Pediatrics. 2003;111:1399-406 pubmed..This strategy represents valuable preventive medicine by enabling diagnosis and treatment before the onset of symptoms. ..
- Doderlein L. [The surgical management of spastic foot deformities]. Orthopade. 2004;33:1152-62 pubmed..The mere static evaluation of the postoperative results by reporting clinical and radiographic values should be supplemented by dynamic measurements which allow more insight into the functional results...
- Plathow C, Zimmermann H, Fink C, Umathum R, Schöbinger M, Huber P, et al. Influence of different breathing maneuvers on internal and external organ motion: use of fiducial markers in dynamic MRI. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2005;62:238-45 pubmed..Correlations are highly dependent on the breathing maneuver. ..
- Konstandin M, Sester U, Klemke M, Weschenfelder T, Wabnitz G, Samstag Y. A novel flow-cytometry-based assay for quantification of affinity and avidity changes of integrins. J Immunol Methods. 2006;310:67-77 pubmed..This opens up the possibility of precisely characterizing the adhesive capacity of subpopulations in heterogeneous cell populations. ..
- Jarahian M, Watzl C, Issa Y, Altevogt P, Momburg F. Blockade of natural killer cell-mediated lysis by NCAM140 expressed on tumor cells. Int J Cancer. 2007;120:2625-34 pubmed..We conclude that aberrant expression of NCAM on tumor cells of different histogenetic origin can lead to inhibition of target cell recognition and lysis by NK cells. ..
- Porubsky S, Speak A, Luckow B, Cerundolo V, Platt F, Grone H. Normal development and function of invariant natural killer T cells in mice with isoglobotrihexosylceramide (iGb3) deficiency. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:5977-82 pubmed..Our results strongly suggest that iGb3 is unlikely to be an endogenous CD1d lipid ligand determining thymic iNKT selection. ..
- Sanchez M, Galy B, Muckenthaler M, Hentze M. Iron-regulatory proteins limit hypoxia-inducible factor-2alpha expression in iron deficiency. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2007;14:420-6 pubmed..They also show that an IRE that is structurally distinct from, for example, the ferritin mRNA IRE and that has been missed by in silico approaches, can mediate mechanistically similar responses. ..
- Humpert P, Papadopoulos G, Schaefer K, Djuric Z, Konrade I, Morcos M, et al. sRAGE and esRAGE are not associated with peripheral or autonomic neuropathy in type 2 diabetes. Horm Metab Res. 2007;39:899-902 pubmed..01) and presence of retinopathy (beta=-0.19, p<0.05). In contrast to classical risk factors, plasma soluble RAGE and endogenous secretory RAGE are not associated with measures of diabetic neuropathy in type 2 diabetes patients. ..
- Ehehalt R, Krautter M, Zorn M, Sparla R, Fullekrug J, Kulaksiz H, et al. Increased basolateral sorting of carcinoembryonic antigen in a polarized colon carcinoma cell line after cholesterol depletion-Implications for treatment of inflammatory bowel disease. World J Gastroenterol. 2008;14:1528-33 pubmed..As basolateral expression of CEA has been suggested to have anti-inflamatory properties, Cholesterol depletion of enterocytes might be a potential approach to influence the course of inflammatory bowel disease. ..
- Müller H, Renner M, Helmke B, End C, Weiss C, Poeschl J, et al. Deleted in Malignant Brain Tumors 1 is up-regulated in bacterial endocarditis and binds to components of vegetations. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2009;138:725-32 pubmed publisher..Because of the aggregating capacity of Deleted in Malignant Brain Tumors 1, we hypothesized that an up-regulation in bacterial endocarditis may be linked to the development of vegetations...
- Merle U, Eisenbach C, Weiss K, Tuma S, Stremmel W. Serum ceruloplasmin oxidase activity is a sensitive and highly specific diagnostic marker for Wilson's disease. J Hepatol. 2009;51:925-30 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that the enzymatic ceruloplasmin assay is superior to the immunologic assay in diagnosing Wilson's disease and should become the preferred method. ..
- Bermejo J, Sundquist J, Hemminki K. Bladder cancer in cancer patients: population-based estimates from a large Swedish study. Br J Cancer. 2009;101:1091-9 pubmed publisher..These population-based results may help urologists to assess the risk of bladder neoplasms in cancer survivors. Our data should guide ongoing studies that investigate the effectiveness of bladder cancer screening in cancer patients. ..
- Marten A, Wente M, Ose J, Buchler M, Rötzer I, Decker Baumann C, et al. An open label randomized multicentre phase IIIb trial comparing parenteral substitution versus best supportive nutritional care in subjects with pancreatic adenocarcinoma receiving 5-FU plus oxaliplatin as 2nd or higher line chemotherapy regarding cl. BMC Cancer. 2009;9:412 pubmed publisher..Current Controlled Trials ISRCTN60516908. ..
- Seessle J, Gohdes A, Gotthardt D, Pfeiffenberger J, Eckert N, Stremmel W, et al. Alterations of lipid metabolism in Wilson disease. Lipids Health Dis. 2011;10:83 pubmed publisher..Our data suggested unimpaired cholesterol metabolism in Wilson disease under therapy, independent of the applied medical treatment. ..
- Roth E, Hirtz S, Duerr J, Wenning D, Eichler I, Seydewitz H, et al. The K+ channel opener 1-EBIO potentiates residual function of mutant CFTR in rectal biopsies from cystic fibrosis patients. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e24445 pubmed publisher..However, the effects of 1-EBIO on wild-type and mutant CFTR function in native human colonic tissues remain unknown...
- Hein R, Abbas S, Seibold P, Salazar R, Flesch Janys D, Chang Claude J. Polymorphism Thr160Thr in SRD5A1, involved in the progesterone metabolism, modifies postmenopausal breast cancer risk associated with menopausal hormone therapy. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2012;131:653-61 pubmed publisher..Postmenopausal breast cancer risk associated with combined therapy may be modified by genetic variation in SRD5A1. Further well-powered studies are, however, required to replicate our finding. ..
- Schulze A, Mills K, Weiss T, Urban S. Hepatocyte polarization is essential for the productive entry of the hepatitis B virus. Hepatology. 2012;55:373-83 pubmed publisher..This model, at least partially, explains the difference of PHH and HepaRG cells in infection efficacy, provides insights into natural HBV infection, and establishes a basis for optimization of the HepaRG infection system. ..
- Dineva I, Zaharieva M, Konstantinov S, Eibl H, Berger M. Erufosine suppresses breast cancer in vitro and in vivo for its activity on PI3K, c-Raf and Akt proteins. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2012;138:1909-17 pubmed publisher..In addition, it can be derived that the mechanism of action of erufosine involves influence on both, PI3K/Akt and Ras/Raf/MAPK signaling pathways. ..
- Fritz S, Klauss M, Bergmann F, Hackert T, Hartwig W, Strobel O, et al. Small (Sendai negative) branch-duct IPMNs: not harmless. Ann Surg. 2012;256:313-20 pubmed publisher..This should be taken into account for adequate therapeutic management. With regard to these results, the current Sendai criteria for branch-duct IPMNs need to be adjusted. ..
- ..Here, we provide an overview of retinal neurogenesis in vertebrates and discuss implications of the developmental mechanisms involved for regenerative therapy approaches. ..
- Augustin M, Eissing L, Langenbruch A, Enk A, Luger T, Maasen D, et al. The German National Program on Psoriasis Health Care 2005-2015: results and experiences. Arch Dermatol Res. 2016;308:389-400 pubmed publisher..1 and DLQI (Dermatology Life Quality Index) from 8.6 to 5.9. A decade of experience indicates that a coordinated nationwide psoriasis program based on goal orientation can contribute to better quality of care and optimized outcomes. ..
- Borchert T, HÃ¼bscher D, Guessoum C, Lam T, Ghadri J, Schellinger I, et al. Catecholamine-Dependent Î²-Adrenergic Signaling in a Pluripotent Stem Cell ModelÂ of Takotsubo Cardiomyopathy. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017;70:975-991 pubmed publisher..International Takotsubo Registry [InterTAK Registry]Â [InterTAK]; NCT01947621). ..
- Walczak H, Bouchon A, Stahl H, Krammer P. Tumor necrosis factor-related apoptosis-inducing ligand retains its apoptosis-inducing capacity on Bcl-2- or Bcl-xL-overexpressing chemotherapy-resistant tumor cells. Cancer Res. 2000;60:3051-7 pubmed..Thus, TRAIL may still kill tumors that have acquired resistance to chemotherapeutic drugs by overexpression of Bcl-2 or Bcl-xL. These data will influence future treatment strategies involving TRAIL. ..
- Volkmann M, Schiff J, Hajjar Y, Otto G, Stilgenbauer F, Fiehn W, et al. Loss of CD95 expression is linked to most but not all p53 mutants in European hepatocellular carcinoma. J Mol Med (Berl). 2001;79:594-600 pubmed..Sustained CD95 expression in tumors with certain p53 aberrations may indicate functional heterogeneity of p53 mutants. ..
- Nahm A, Henriquez D, Ritz E. Renal cystic disease (ADPKD and ARPKD). Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2002;17:311-4 pubmed
- Coy J, Wiemann S, Bechmann I, Bächner D, Nitsch R, Kretz O, et al. Pore membrane and/or filament interacting like protein 1 (POMFIL1) is predominantly expressed in the nervous system and encodes different protein isoforms. Gene. 2002;290:73-94 pubmed
- Rüth E, Weber L, Schoenau E, Wunsch R, Seibel M, Feneberg R, et al. Analysis of the functional muscle-bone unit of the forearm in pediatric renal transplant recipients. Kidney Int. 2004;66:1694-706 pubmed..This alteration may contribute to the increased propensity for fractures in these patients. ..
- Fassnacht W, Mempel A, Strowitzki T, Vogt P. Premature ovarian failure (POF) syndrome: towards the molecular clinical analysis of its genetic complexity. Curr Med Chem. 2006;13:1397-410 pubmed..It starts with a comprehensive and significantly improved clinical diagnostic program for this large and heterogeneous patient group. ..
- Combs S, Thilmann C, Debus J, Schulz Ertner D. Local radiotherapeutic management of ependymomas with fractionated stereotactic radiotherapy (FSRT). BMC Cancer. 2006;6:222 pubmed..The rate of recurrences, especially at the field border, is not increased as compared to conventional radiotherapy consisting of craniospinal irradiation and a local boost to the posterior fossa. ..
- Opitz C, Litzenburger U, Lutz C, Lanz T, Tritschler I, Köppel A, et al. Toll-like receptor engagement enhances the immunosuppressive properties of human bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells by inducing indoleamine-2,3-dioxygenase-1 via interferon-beta and protein kinase R. Stem Cells. 2009;27:909-19 pubmed publisher..PKR and IFN-beta play a central, previously unidentified role in orchestrating the production of immunosuppressive kynurenines by MSC. ..
- Keller P, Stelzer E. Quantitative in vivo imaging of entire embryos with Digital Scanned Laser Light Sheet Fluorescence Microscopy. Curr Opin Neurobiol. 2008;18:624-32 pubmed publisher..We conclude with a perspective for future development. ..
- Abbasi R, Ramroth H, Becher H, Dietz A, Schmezer P, Popanda O. Laryngeal cancer risk associated with smoking and alcohol consumption is modified by genetic polymorphisms in ERCC5, ERCC6 and RAD23B but not by polymorphisms in five other nucleotide excision repair genes. Int J Cancer. 2009;125:1431-9 pubmed publisher..1-fold. SNPs in the other genes did not show a significant association with laryngeal cancer risk. We conclude that common genetic variations in NER genes can significantly modify laryngeal cancer risk. ..
- Wagner Ecker M, Schwager C, Wirkner U, Abdollahi A, Huber P. MicroRNA expression after ionizing radiation in human endothelial cells. Radiat Oncol. 2010;5:25 pubmed publisher..This indicates that miRNAs are part of the innate response mechanism of the endothelium to radiation. ..
- Erbel C, Dengler T, Wangler S, Lasitschka F, Bea F, Wambsganss N, et al. Expression of IL-17A in human atherosclerotic lesions is associated with increased inflammation and plaque vulnerability. Basic Res Cardiol. 2011;106:125-34 pubmed publisher..05), but did not influence IL-17A. The association of IL-17A with ischemic symptoms and vulnerable plaque characteristics suggests that the pro-inflammatory cytokine IL-17A may contribute to atherosclerosis und plaque instability. ..
- Szecsenyi J, Campbell S, Broge B, Laux G, Willms S, Wensing M, et al. Effectiveness of a quality-improvement program in improving management of primary care practices. CMAJ. 2011;183:E1326-33 pubmed publisher..Our findings show the value of the quality-improvement cycle in the context of practice assessment and the use of established organizational standards for practice management with the Europeaen Practice Assessment. ..
- Gerigk L, Schmitt B, Stieltjes B, Roder F, Essig M, Bock M, et al. 7 Tesla imaging of cerebral radiation necrosis after arteriovenous malformations treatment using amide proton transfer (APT) imaging. J Magn Reson Imaging. 2012;35:1207-9 pubmed publisher..Here, we report a case of necrosis after radiotherapy of an AVM to illustrate the potential of 7 Tesla MRI including amide proton transfer (APT) for necrosis imaging...
- Huber J, Ihrig A, Yass M, Bruckner T, Peters T, Huber C, et al. Multimedia support for improving preoperative patient education: a randomized controlled trial using the example of radical prostatectomy. Ann Surg Oncol. 2013;20:15-23 pubmed publisher..Multimedia support should be considered worthwhile for improving the informed consent process before surgery (www.germanctr.de; DRKS00000096). ..
- Salnikov A, Liu L, Platen M, Gladkich J, Salnikova O, Ryschich E, et al. Hypoxia induces EMT in low and highly aggressive pancreatic tumor cells but only cells with cancer stem cell characteristics acquire pronounced migratory potential. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e46391 pubmed publisher..However although hypoxia-induced EMT signaling occurs in all tumor cell populations, only the stem-like cells acquire high migratory potential and thus may be responsible for invasion and metastasis. ..
- Deuschle U, Schuler J, Schulz A, Schlüter T, Kinzel O, Abel U, et al. FXR controls the tumor suppressor NDRG2 and FXR agonists reduce liver tumor growth and metastasis in an orthotopic mouse xenograft model. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e43044 pubmed publisher..FXR agonists may show a potential in the prevention and/or treatment of human hepatocellular carcinoma, a devastating malignancy with increasing prevalence and limited therapeutic options. ..
- Dovzhanskiy D, Hartwig W, Lázár N, Schmidt A, Felix K, Straub B, et al. Growth inhibition of pancreatic cancer by experimental treatment with 4-phenylbutyrate is associated with increased expression of Connexin 43. Oncol Res. 2012;20:103-11 pubmed..Treatment with 4-PB inhibited the proliferation of human pancreatic tumor cells in vitro and in vivo and increased the expression of Cx43. Therefore, 4-PB might be useful in the therapy of pancreatic cancer. ..
- Schirmer U, Fiegl H, Pfeifer M, Zeimet A, Muller Holzner E, Bode P, et al. Epigenetic regulation of L1CAM in endometrial carcinoma: comparison to cancer-testis (CT-X) antigens. BMC Cancer. 2013;13:156 pubmed publisher..Although genes localized on Xq28 are often re-expressed by human tumors, L1CAM and CT-X antigens show distinct regulation in response to HADC inhibitors and 5-AzaC. ..
- Seessle J, Gotthardt D, SCHAFER M, Gohdes A, Pfeiffenberger J, Ferenci P, et al. Concomitant immune-related events in Wilson disease: implications for monitoring chelator therapy. J Inherit Metab Dis. 2016;39:125-30 pubmed publisher..Thus, the value of antinuclear antibodies for monitoring adverse events under chelator therapy seems to be limited. ..
- Spaich S, Zelniker T, Endres P, Stiepak J, Uhlmann L, Bekeredjian R, et al. Fibroblast growth factor 23 (FGF-23) is an early predictor of mortality in patients with cardiac arrest. Resuscitation. 2016;98:91-6 pubmed publisher..738 and 0.687, respectively. This study demonstrates elevated FGF-23 serum levels to be potentially helpful in prediction of mortality and poor neurological outcome as early as 24h post cardiac arrest. ..
- Rieber J, Deeg A, Ullrich E, Foerster R, Bischof M, Warth A, et al. Outcome and prognostic factors of postoperative radiation therapy (PORT) after incomplete resection of non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC). Lung Cancer. 2016;91:41-7 pubmed publisher..Local progression is still the major pattern of failure. Radiation doses >54 Gy seem to support improved local control and were associated with better OS in this retrospective study. ..
- MilichovskÃ½ J, BÃ¡rta F, Schmeiser H, Arlt V, Frei E, StiborovÃ¡ M, et al. Active Site Mutations as a Suitable Tool Contributing to Explain a Mechanism of Aristolochic Acid I Nitroreduction by Cytochromes P450 1A1, 1A2 and 1B1. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17:213 pubmed publisher..Our experimental model confirms the importance of the hydroxyl group possessing amino acids in the active center of CYP1A1 and 1A2 for AAI nitroreduction. ..
- Fendler W, Eiber M, Beheshti M, Bomanji J, Ceci F, Cho S, et al. 68Ga-PSMA PET/CT: Joint EANM and SNMMI procedure guideline for prostate cancer imaging: version 1.0. Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2017;44:1014-1024 pubmed publisher..These recommendations will help to improve accuracy, precision, and repeatability of 68Ga-PSMA PET/CT for prostate cancer essentially needed for implementation of this modality in science and routine clinical practice. ..
- Sido B, Braunstein J, Breitkreutz R, Herfarth C, Meuer S. Thiol-mediated redox regulation of intestinal lamina propria T lymphocytes. J Exp Med. 2000;192:907-12 pubmed..The well-documented local recruitment of blood monocytes in inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) may thus represent an important parameter underlying hyperresponsiveness of T cells, an essential component of the pathogenesis of IBD. ..
- Wikman H, Risch A, Klimek F, Schmezer P, Spiegelhalder B, Dienemann H, et al. hOGG1 polymorphism and loss of heterozygosity (LOH): significance for lung cancer susceptibility in a caucasian population. Int J Cancer. 2000;88:932-7 pubmed..However, the hOGG1 polymorphisms studied are probably not major contributors to individual lung cancer susceptibility in Caucasians. ..
- Volm M, Koomagi R, Mattern J, Efferth T. Protein expression profiles indicative for drug resistance of non-small cell lung cancer. Br J Cancer. 2002;87:251-7 pubmed..In the third profile, only five of the resistance factors were increased (MDR1, thymidylate-synthetase, glutathione-S-transferase-pi, O6-methylguanine-DNA-methyltransferase, major vault protein/lung resistance-related protein). ..
- Chamulitrat W, Schmidt R, Tomakidi P, Stremmel W, Chunglok W, Kawahara T, et al. Association of gp91phox homolog Nox1 with anchorage-independent growth and MAP kinase-activation of transformed human keratinocytes. Oncogene. 2003;22:6045-53 pubmed..Furthermore, JNK2 was constitutively phosphorylated in FIB cells. Together, our data strongly implicate Nox1 in redox-mediated signaling related to cellular activation of human keratinocytes at a more advanced stage of transformation. ..
- von Herbay A, Arens N, Friedl W, Vogt Moykopf I, Kayser K, Muller K, et al. Bronchioloalveolar carcinoma: a new cancer in Peutz-Jeghers syndrome. Lung Cancer. 2005;47:283-8 pubmed..3. This observation supports the hypothesis that STK11 is a tumour suppressor gene which is involved in the development of lung adenocarcinoma. ..
- Huttner H, Berger C, Schwab S. Severe ethylene glycol intoxication mimicking acute basilar artery occlusion. Neurocrit Care. 2005;3:171-3 pubmed..This report describes a new clinical presentation of severe ethylene glycol intoxication mimicking acute basilar artery occlusion with the development of a fatal brain edema within hours, despite adequate treatment. ..
- Frank B, Hemminki K, Wappenschmidt B, Meindl A, Klaes R, Schmutzler R, et al. Association of the CASP10 V410I variant with reduced familial breast cancer risk and interaction with the CASP8 D302H variant. Carcinogenesis. 2006;27:606-9 pubmed..35, P(trend) = 0.007), pointing to the interaction between the CASP10 and CASP8 polymorphisms in breast carcinogenesis. ..
- Messias A, Harnisch C, Ostareck Lederer A, Sattler M, Ostareck D. The DICE-binding activity of KH domain 3 of hnRNP K is affected by c-Src-mediated tyrosine phosphorylation. J Mol Biol. 2006;361:470-81 pubmed..Furthermore, with RNA-binding assays, NMR experiments and in vitro translation studies, we show that tyrosine 458 in KH domain 3 of hnRNP K is important for the DICE interaction and we provide evidence that it is a target of c-Src. ..
- Pelttari K, Winter A, Steck E, Goetzke K, Hennig T, Ochs B, et al. Premature induction of hypertrophy during in vitro chondrogenesis of human mesenchymal stem cells correlates with calcification and vascular invasion after ectopic transplantation in SCID mice. Arthritis Rheum. 2006;54:3254-66 pubmed..Further studies are needed to evaluate whether a more stringent control of MSC differentiation to chondrocytes can be achieved during cartilage repair in a natural joint environment. ..
- Diepgen T, Agner T, Aberer W, Berth Jones J, Cambazard F, Elsner P, et al. Management of chronic hand eczema. Contact Dermatitis. 2007;57:203-10 pubmed..There is a strong need for RCTs of existing and new treatment options based on clearly diagnosed subtypes of HE and its severity. ..
- Weck M, Brenner H. Association of Helicobacter pylori infection with chronic atrophic gastritis: Meta-analyses according to type of disease definition. Int J Cancer. 2008;123:874-81 pubmed publisher..pylori with CAG. The association is missed entirely in studies where CAG is defined by PG I only. ..
- Gao L, Nieters A, Brenner H. Meta-analysis: tumour invasion-related genetic polymorphisms and gastric cancer susceptibility. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2008;28:565-73 pubmed publisher..However, differences between populations and stages of cancer need to be taken into account and may explain some of the inconsistencies found in previous studies. ..
- Roesch Ely M, Leipold A, Nees M, Holzinger D, Dietz A, Flechtenmacher C, et al. Proteomic analysis of field cancerization in pharynx and oesophagus: a prospective pilot study. J Pathol. 2010;221:462-70 pubmed publisher..007, log-rank test). Protein profiles of small diagnostic biopsies hold great promise to improve personalized risk assessment in HNSCC. Larger studies are needed to further substantiate these findings. ..
- Amtul Z, Uhrig M, Rozmahel R, Beyreuther K. Structural insight into the differential effects of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids on the production of Abeta peptides and amyloid plaques. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:6100-7 pubmed publisher..Our work contributes to the clarification of aspects of structure-activity relationships. ..
- Zhou Z, Duerr J, Johannesson B, Schubert S, Treis D, Harm M, et al. The ENaC-overexpressing mouse as a model of cystic fibrosis lung disease. J Cyst Fibros. 2011;10 Suppl 2:S172-82 pubmed publisher..Here, we summarize approaches that can be applied for studies of the complex in vivo pathogenesis and preclinical evaluation of novel therapeutic strategies in this model of CF lung disease. ..
- Dietrich S, Kramer O, Hahn E, Schafer C, Giese T, Hess M, et al. Leflunomide induces apoptosis in fludarabine-resistant and clinically refractory CLL cells. Clin Cancer Res. 2012;18:417-31 pubmed publisher..We present a possible novel therapeutic principle for attacking chemoresistant CLL cells. ..