Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Freiburg, Baden Württemberg, Germany
Locale: Freiburg, Baden Württemberg, Germany
Publications741 found, 100 shown here
- Watermann D, Gabriel B, Jager M, Orlowska Volk M, Hasenburg A, zur Hausen A, et al. Specific induction of pp125 focal adhesion kinase in human breast cancer. Br J Cancer. 2005;93:694-8 pubmed
- Salat D, Liefke R, Wiedenmann J, Borggrefe T, Oswald F. ETO, but not leukemogenic fusion protein AML1/ETO, augments RBP-Jkappa/SHARP-mediated repression of notch target genes. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:3502-12 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we propose that AML1/ETO can disturb the normal, repressive function of ETO at Notch target genes. This activating (or derepressing) effect of AML1/ETO may contribute to its oncogenic potential in myeloid leukemia. ..
- Salzer U, Bacchelli C, Buckridge S, Pan Hammarstrom Q, Jennings S, Lougaris V, et al. Relevance of biallelic versus monoallelic TNFRSF13B mutations in distinguishing disease-causing from risk-increasing TNFRSF13B variants in antibody deficiency syndromes. Blood. 2009;113:1967-76 pubmed publisher..001), and autoimmune complications (P= .001). These associations indicate that C104R heterozygosity increases the risk for common variable immunodeficiency disorders and influences clinical presentation. ..
- Lausch E, Hermanns P, Farin H, Alanay Y, Unger S, Nikkel S, et al. TBX15 mutations cause craniofacial dysmorphism, hypoplasia of scapula and pelvis, and short stature in Cousin syndrome. Am J Hum Genet. 2008;83:649-55 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Cousin syndrome is caused by TBX15 insufficiency and is thus the human counterpart of the droopy ear mouse...
- Horvath S, Altenburger M, Naumann M, Wolkewitz M, Schirrmeister J. Cleanliness of dentinal tubules following gutta-percha removal with and without solvents: a scanning electron microscopic study. Int Endod J. 2009;42:1032-8 pubmed publisher..05); again, fewer remnants were found in the control group than in all other groups (P < 0.05). Solvents led to more gutta-percha and sealer remnants on root canal walls and inside dentinal tubules. ..
- Leick M, Catusse J, Follo M, Nibbs R, Hartmann T, Veelken H, et al. CCL19 is a specific ligand of the constitutively recycling atypical human chemokine receptor CRAM-B. Immunology. 2010;129:536-46 pubmed publisher..As CCL19 is known to be critically involved in lymphocyte and dendritic cell trafficking, CCL19-binding competition by CRAM might be involved in modulating these processes. ..
- Weckmann M, Kopp M, Heinzmann A, Mattes J. Haplotypes covering the TNFSF10 gene are associated with bronchial asthma. Pediatr Allergy Immunol. 2011;22:25-30 pubmed publisher..00005, p=0.00008, p=0.00017 and p=0.00038). Combinations of SNPs in the TNFSF10 allele were strongly associated with asthma supporting the concept that TRAIL is important in the development of hallmark features of this disease. ..
- Dilger K, Hohenester S, Winkler Budenhofer U, Bastiaansen B, Schaap F, Rust C, et al. Effect of ursodeoxycholic acid on bile acid profiles and intestinal detoxification machinery in primary biliary cirrhosis and health. J Hepatol. 2012;57:133-40 pubmed publisher..Taurine conjugation may represent an adaptive mechanism in PBC against chenodeoxycholic acid-mediated bile duct damage. UDCA may stabilize small intestinal detoxification by upregulation of efflux pumps. ..
- Kasenda B, Rehberg M, Thürmann P, Franzem M, Veelken H, Fritsch K, et al. The prognostic value of serum methotrexate area under curve in elderly primary CNS lymphoma patients. Ann Hematol. 2012;91:1257-64 pubmed publisher..56, 95 % CI 1.74-11.94; HR 2.87, 95 % CI 1.18-7.00]. Exceedingly high MTX AUC levels can have a negative impact on progression-free and overall survivals in elderly PCNSL patients. ..
- Bernstein A, Tecklenburg K, Südkamp P, Mayr H. Adhesion and proliferation of human osteoblast-like cells on different biodegradable implant materials used for graft fixation in ACL-reconstruction. Arch Orthop Trauma Surg. 2012;132:1637-45 pubmed publisher..Cell numbers seem to be influenced by the degradation behaviour with higher cell numbers in the composite groups. ..
- Hasselblatt P, Drognitz K, Potthoff K, Bertz H, Kruis W, Schmidt C, et al. Remission of refractory Crohn's disease by high-dose cyclophosphamide and autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2012;36:725-35 pubmed publisher..Immunoablation by cyclophosphamide and autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation is safe and effective to induce remission of refractory Crohn's disease, and should be further evaluated in randomised controlled trials. ..
- Pittler M, Ernst E. Horse chestnut seed extract for chronic venous insufficiency. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2012;11:CD003230 pubmed publisher..The evidence presented suggests that HCSE is an efficacious and safe short-term treatment for CVI. However, several caveats exist and larger, definitive RCTs are required to confirm the efficacy of this treatment option. ..
- Mauler M, Bode C, Duerschmied D. Platelet serotonin modulates immune functions. Hamostaseologie. 2016;36:11-6 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, targeting immune modulatory effects of platelet serotonin may provide novel therapeutic options for common health problems. ..
- Schorb E, Finke J, Ferreri A, Ihorst G, Mikesch K, Kasenda B, et al. High-dose chemotherapy and autologous stem cell transplant compared with conventional chemotherapy for consolidation in newly diagnosed primary CNS lymphoma--a randomized phase III trial (MATRix). BMC Cancer. 2016;16:282 pubmed publisher..To answer this question, we designed this investigator initiated randomized phase III trial. German clinical trials registry DRKS00005503 registered 22 April 2014 and ClinicalTrials.gov NCT02531841 registered 24 August 2015. ..
- Fuchshuber A, Mucha B, Baumgartner E, Vollmer M, Hildebrandt F. mut0 methylmalonic acidemia: eleven novel mutations of the methylmalonyl CoA mutase including a deletion-insertion mutation. Hum Mutat. 2000;16:179 pubmed..The position in relation to different functional domains in MCM allow for an interpretation of the identified mutations. Hum Mutat 16:179, 2000. ..
- Kruse S, Mao X, Heinzmann A, Blattmann S, Roberts M, Braun S, et al. The Ile198Thr and Ala379Val variants of plasmatic PAF-acetylhydrolase impair catalytical activities and are associated with atopy and asthma. Am J Hum Genet. 2000;66:1522-30 pubmed..At the same time, they are associated with an increased risk to develop asthma and atopy. Thus, two PAFAH variants seem to play a key role in atopic and asthmatic processes in Caucasian populations. ..
- Dilger K, Alberer M, Busch A, Enninger A, Behrens R, Koletzko S, et al. Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamic action of budesonide in children with Crohn's disease. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2006;23:387-96 pubmed..Disposition of oral budesonide appears to be similar between children and adults, but the doctor has to be aware of an increased risk for adrenal suppression in paediatric patients. ..
- Bahr A, Schulte Vallentin M, Hasse J, Werner M, Jüttner E, Uhl M, et al. [Extrathoracal pulmonary sequestration in the differential diagnosis of paravertebral tumors in the neonate]. Klin Padiatr. 2006;218:13-5 pubmed..Clear differentiation between tumor and pulmonary sequestration is seldom possible despite high resolution imaging studies. Hence, a biopsy procedure should be done for diagnosis of paravertebral masses. ..
- Chrubasik C, Roufogalis B, Müller Ladner U, Chrubasik S. A systematic review on the Rosa canina effect and efficacy profiles. Phytother Res. 2008;22:725-33 pubmed publisher..Further research is needed to clarify the importance of the reported promising experimental effects in clinical use and to characterize the optimum rose hip seed oil preparation for topical use in the treatment of skin diseases. ..
- Grauvogel J, Kaminsky J, Rosahl S. The impact of tinnitus and vertigo on patient-perceived quality of life after cerebellopontine angle surgery. Neurosurgery. 2010;67:601-9; discussion 609-10 pubmed publisher..Quality of life (QOL) has come into focus after treatment for cerebellopontine angle (CPA) lesions...
- Sakinc T, Baars B, Wüppenhorst N, Kist M, Huebner J, Opferkuch W. Influence of a 23S ribosomal RNA mutation in Helicobacter pylori strains on the in vitro synergistic effect of clarithromycin and amoxicillin. BMC Res Notes. 2012;5:603 pubmed publisher..pylori is increasing. CLR resistance is associated with mutations in the 23S rRNA gene. However, H. pylori eradication can still be achieved with triple therapy, and an additive effect may occur with multiple antibiotics...
- Schaefer A, Vermandel M, Baillet C, Dewalle Vignion A, Modzelewski R, Vera P, et al. Impact of consensus contours from multiple PET segmentation methods on the accuracy of functional volume delineation. Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2016;43:911-24 pubmed publisher..It might also be relevant for other scenarios such as the merging of expert recommendations in clinical routine and trials or the multiobserver generation of contours for standardization of automatic contouring. ..
- Hoegerle S, Ghanem N, Altehoefer C, Schipper J, Brink I, Moser E, et al. 18F-DOPA positron emission tomography for the detection of glomus tumours. Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2003;30:689-94 pubmed..5+/-0.5 cm. (18)F-DOPA PET seems to be a highly sensitive metabolic imaging procedure for the detection of glomus tumours and may have potential as a screening method for glomus tumours in patients with SDHD gene mutations. ..
- Soltau J, Drevs J. Mode of action and clinical impact of VEGF signaling inhibitors. Expert Rev Anticancer Ther. 2009;9:649-62 pubmed publisher..VEGF-targeting drugs currently play an important role in the treatment of cancer and their impact will probably further increase in the future. ..
- Metternich B, Wagner K, Brandt A, Kraemer R, Buschmann F, Zentner J, et al. Preoperative depressive symptoms predict postoperative seizure outcome in temporal and frontal lobe epilepsy. Epilepsy Behav. 2009;16:622-8 pubmed publisher..Possible reasons for this bidirectional association include an underlying common pathology in both depression and epilepsy, for example, structural changes or functional alterations in neurotransmitter systems. ..
- Döbrössy M, Busse M, Piroth T, Rosser A, Dunnett S, Nikkhah G. Neurorehabilitation with neural transplantation. Neurorehabil Neural Repair. 2010;24:692-701 pubmed publisher..With proof of principle now established, a rich area for innovative research with profound therapeutic application is open for investigation. ..
- Jaehne A, Unbehaun T, Feige B, Lutz U, Batra A, Riemann D. How smoking affects sleep: a polysomnographical analysis. Sleep Med. 2012;13:1286-92 pubmed publisher..Further research should focus on the causes and consequences of impaired sleep during tobacco cessation, as sleep disturbances are a known risk factor for early relapse after initial tobacco abstinence. ..
- Bisschoff I, Zeschnigk C, Horn D, Wellek B, Ries A, Wessels M, et al. Novel mutations including deletions of the entire OFD1 gene in 30 families with type 1 orofaciodigital syndrome: a study of the extensive clinical variability. Hum Mutat. 2013;34:237-47 pubmed publisher..The direction of skewing did not correlate with disease severity, reinforcing the hypothesis that additional factors contribute to the extensive intrafamilial variability...
- Kim G, LujÃ¡n R, Schwenk J, Kelley M, Aguado C, Watanabe M, et al. Membrane palmitoylated protein 2 is a synaptic scaffold protein required for synaptic SK2-containing channel function. elife. 2016;5: pubmed publisher..Thus, MPP2 is a novel synaptic scaffold that is required for proper synaptic localization and function of SK2-containing channels. ..
- Gkika E, Vach W, Adebahr S, Schimek Jasch T, Brenner A, Brunner T, et al. Is serum level of CC chemokine ligand 18 a biomarker for the prediction of radiation induced lung toxicity (RILT)?. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0185350 pubmed publisher..In our study the dosimetric parameters remained the most potent predictors of RILT. Further studies are needed in order to estimate the role of CCL18 in the development of early RILT. ..
- Ness T, Virchow J. [Posterior uveitis: sarcoidosis or tuberculosis]. Ophthalmologe. 2001;98:207-11 pubmed..To demonstrate the difficulties of the differential diagnosis between tuberculosis and sarcoidosis as the cause of posterior uveitis...
- Roesler K, Schmider W, Kist M, Batsford S, Schiltz E, Oelke M, et al. Identification of beta-subunit of bacterial RNA-polymerase--a non-species-specific bacterial protein--as target of antibodies in primary biliary cirrhosis. Dig Dis Sci. 2003;48:561-9 pubmed..These findings do not add an argument for a bacterial trigger of PBC. Rather, they suggest that ARPA belong to the pool of natural antibodies that are up-regulated in autoimmune liver diseases. ..
- Zeiser R, Grullich C, Bertz H, Pantazis G, Hufert F, Bley T, et al. Late cytomegalovirus polyradiculopathy following haploidentical CD34+-selected hematopoietic stem cell transplantation. Bone Marrow Transplant. 2004;33:243-5 pubmed..Late CMV PRP as an unusual manifestation of CMV disease should be kept in mind in patients with suggestive neurological symptoms after HSCT...
- Normann C, Schmitz D, Fürmaier A, Döing C, Bach M. Long-term plasticity of visually evoked potentials in humans is altered in major depression. Biol Psychiatry. 2007;62:373-80 pubmed..This study provides direct evidence in humans for a central role of synaptic plasticity in the pathophysiology of depression. ..
- Lissat A, Vraetz T, Tsokos M, Klein R, Braun M, Koutelia N, et al. Interferon-gamma sensitizes resistant Ewing's sarcoma cells to tumor necrosis factor apoptosis-inducing ligand-induced apoptosis by up-regulation of caspase-8 without altering chemosensitivity. Am J Pathol. 2007;170:1917-30 pubmed..In conclusion, our data provide a rationale for the inclusion of interferon-gamma in upcoming clinical trials with TRAIL. ..
- Vanscheidt W, Ukat A, Horak V, Bruning H, Hunyadi J, Pavlicek R, et al. Treatment of recalcitrant venous leg ulcers with autologous keratinocytes in fibrin sealant: a multinational randomized controlled clinical trial. Wound Repair Regen. 2007;15:308-15 pubmed..0001). This study, to date the largest multicenter study with autologous keratinocytes, provides evidence for its efficacy in the treatment of patients with therapy-resistant chronic venous leg ulcers. ..
- Kock J, Blum H. Hypermutation of hepatitis B virus genomes by APOBEC3G, APOBEC3C and APOBEC3H. J Gen Virol. 2008;89:1184-91 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that APOBEC3G, APOBEC3C and APOBEC3H have the ability to edit HBV DNA and that each protein is likely to contribute to various degrees to the generation of modified genomes in human liver cells. ..
- Lagreze W. [Treatment of optic neuropathies--state of the art]. Klin Monbl Augenheilkd. 2009;226:875-80 pubmed publisher..This review covers most optic nerve diseases and places special emphasis on the use of corticosteroids in optic neuritis, ischaemic optic neuropathy and traumatic optic neuropathy. ..
- zur Hausen A. [Merkel cell polyomavirus in the pathogenesis of non-melanoma skin cancer]. Pathologe. 2009;30 Suppl 2:217-20 pubmed publisher..Although MCPyV is present in the tumor cells of squamous cell carcinoma, Bowen's disease and basal cell skin carcinoma, further investigations into the role of MCPyV in the pathogenesis of these tumors is needed...
- Mailaparambil B, Krueger M, Heizmann U, Schlegel K, Heinze J, Heinzmann A. Genetic and epidemiological risk factors in the development of bronchopulmonary dysplasia. Dis Markers. 2010;29:1-9 pubmed publisher..This underscores the genetic complexity of the disease. Furthermore, the identification of predisposing genetic polymorphisms might be hampered by the complex interaction between clinical and genetic factors. ..
- Beetz N, Hein L. The physiological roles of phosducin: from retinal function to stress-dependent hypertension. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2011;68:599-612 pubmed publisher..In the second part of this article, findings concerning cardiovascular regulation and their clinical relevance will be discussed on the basis of recently published data from gene-targeted mouse models and human genetic studies. ..
- Behrendt C, Golz T, Roesler C, Bertz H, Wunsch A. What do our patients understand about their trial participation? Assessing patients' understanding of their informed consent consultation about randomised clinical trials. J Med Ethics. 2011;37:74-80 pubmed publisher..The qualitative approach enabled us to obtain new results about cancer patients' understanding of informed consent, to clarify patients' needs and to develop new ideas to optimise the informed consent. ..
- Boedeker C. [Paragangliomas and paraganglioma syndromes]. Laryngorhinootologie. 2011;90 Suppl 1:S56-82 pubmed publisher..We recommend screening for mutations of the genes SDHB, SDHC and SDHD in all patients with HNPs. Certain clinical parameters can help to set up the order in which the 3 genes should be tested...
- Maier P, Heizmann U, Böhringer D, Kern Y, Reinhard T. Predicting the risk for corneal graft rejection by aqueous humor analysis. Mol Vis. 2011;17:1016-23 pubmed..Our method allowed an almost 100% separation between patients with and without IR. This finding has the potential to improve the aftercare of PK fundamentally. However, our results need to be confirmed in a larger prospective cohort. ..
- Perakakis N, Laubner K, Keck T, Steffl D, Lausch M, Meyer P, et al. Ectopic ACTH-syndrome due to a neuroendocrine tumour of the appendix. Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes. 2011;119:525-9 pubmed publisher..In this setting, regular follow-ups in short time intervals and the use of novel imaging techniques can finally cut the diagnostic "Gordian knot". ..
- Bogeska R, Pahl H. Elevated nuclear factor erythroid-2 levels promote epo-independent erythroid maturation and recapitulate the hematopoietic stem cell and common myeloid progenitor expansion observed in polycythemia vera patients. Stem Cells Transl Med. 2013;2:112-7 pubmed publisher..Silencing NF-E2 in PV patients reverted both aberrancies, demonstrating for the first time that NF-E2 overexpression is both required and sufficient for Epo independence and HSC/CMP expansion in PV. ..
- Gödel M, Ostendorf B, Baumer J, Weber K, Huber T. A novel domain regulating degradation of the glomerular slit diaphragm protein podocin in cell culture systems. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e57078 pubmed publisher..These findings give novel insight into the molecular biology of the slit diaphragm protein podocin, enabling future research to establish the biological relevance of podocin turnover and localization. ..
- Eberwein P, Issleib S, Böhringer D, Mittelviefhaus H, Schwartzkopff J, Finke J, et al. Conjunctival HLA-DR and CD8 expression detected by impression cytology in ocular graft versus host disease. Mol Vis. 2013;19:1492-501 pubmed..Our data warrant further evaluation of CD8 expression in impression cytology, along with comparison to conjunctival biopsies and brush cytology, as impression cytology may offer a less invasive strategy for assessing cGVHD status. ..
- Duttenhoefer F, Nack C, Doll C, Raguse J, Hell B, Stricker A, et al. Long-term peri-implant bone level changes of non-vascularized fibula bone grafted edentulous patients. J Craniomaxillofac Surg. 2015;43:611-5 pubmed publisher..Dental implants that integrated in the autogenous fibular bone grafts showed a stable crestal peri-implant bone level up to 15 years after implant placement. ..
- Zehn D, Utzschneider D, Thimme R. Immune-surveillance through exhausted effector T-cells. Curr Opin Virol. 2016;16:49-54 pubmed publisher..Here, we highlight examples that demonstrate that such T-cells mediate a profound form of immune-surveillance. We also briefly discuss the opportunities and limitations of employing 'exhausted' T-cells for therapeutic purposes. ..
- Shchekotikhin A, Dezhenkova L, Tsvetkov V, Luzikov Y, Volodina Y, Tatarskiy V, et al. Discovery of antitumor anthra[2,3-b]furan-3-carboxamides: Optimization of synthesis and evaluation of antitumor properties. Eur J Med Chem. 2016;112:114-129 pubmed publisher..Altogether, the 'scaffold hopping' demonstrated its productivity for obtaining new perspective antitumor drug candidates. ..
- Rodrigues R, Artieda M, Tejedor D, Martinez A, Konstantinova P, Petry H, et al. Pathogenic classification of LPL gene variants reported to be associated with LPL deficiency. J Clin Lipidol. 2016;10:394-409 pubmed publisher..Three patients selected for very SHTG had LPL deficiency. The deleterious mutations associated with LPL deficiency will assist in the diagnosis and selection of patients as candidates for the presently approved LPL gene therapy. ..
- Eibach D, Krumkamp R, Hahn A, Sarpong N, Adu Sarkodie Y, Leva A, et al. Application of a multiplex PCR assay for the detection of gastrointestinal pathogens in a rural African setting. BMC Infect Dis. 2016;16:150 pubmed publisher..The use of sequential diagnostic algorithms with pathogen specific or quantitative PCRs might be most appropriate for diagnosing gastrointestinal infections. ..
- Werner R, Mönig I, Lünstedt R, Wünsch L, Thorns C, Reiz B, et al. New NR5A1 mutations and phenotypic variations of gonadal dysgenesis. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0176720 pubmed publisher..Exome sequencing of the sibling's family revealed TBX2 as a possible modifier of gonadal development in patients with NR5A1 mutations. ..
- Heinz L, Kim G, Marrakchi S, Christiansen J, Turki H, Rauschendorf M, et al. Mutations in SULT2B1 Cause Autosomal-Recessive Congenital Ichthyosis in Humans. Am J Hum Genet. 2017;100:926-939 pubmed publisher..Mutation in SULT2B1 leads to an ARCI phenotype via increased proliferation of human keratinocytes, thickening of epithelial layers, and altered epidermal cholesterol metabolism. ..
- Tsubata T, Reth M. The products of pre-B cell-specific genes (lambda 5 and VpreB) and the immunoglobulin mu chain form a complex that is transported onto the cell surface. J Exp Med. 1990;172:973-6 pubmed..Our results, thus, strongly suggest that the products of lambda 5 and VpreB bind to mu chains and have the same capacity as conventional Ig L chains to allow surface expression of mu chains. ..
- Muller G, Schempp W. Mapping the human ZFX locus to Xp21.3 by in situ hybridization. Hum Genet. 1989;82:82-4 pubmed..In situ hybridization using a probe specific for the human ZFX and ZFY loci assigns the ZFX gene to Xp21.3 and the ZFY gene to Yp11.32. ..
- Northemann W, Berg H, Stahnke G, Walter M, Hunt N, Fenning S. Identification of an inhibitory element within the human 68-kDa (U1) ribonucleoprotein antigen. Protein Expr Purif. 1995;6:748-56 pubmed..After excision of the inhibitory sequence X a dramatic increase in the production of recombinant human P68 antigen was observed. ..
- Schölzel S, Zimmermann W, Schwarzkopf G, Grunert F, Rogaczewski B, Thompson J. Carcinoembryonic antigen family members CEACAM6 and CEACAM7 are differentially expressed in normal tissues and oppositely deregulated in hyperplastic colorectal polyps and early adenomas. Am J Pathol. 2000;156:595-605 pubmed..Down-regulation of CEACAM7 and up-regulation of CEACAM6 expression in hyperplastic polyps and early adenomas represent some of the earliest observable molecular events leading to colorectal tumors. ..
- Klisch J, Schipper J, Husstedt H, Laszig R, Schumacher M. Transsphenoidal computer-navigation-assisted deflation of a balloon after endovascular occlusion of a direct carotid cavernous sinus fistula. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2001;22:537-40 pubmed..The previously described symptoms resolved after balloon deflation. This report presents a rare complication of endovascular treatment of direct CCF and a new microsurgical approach to a balloon in a case of nerve compression. ..
- Füller T, Korff T, Kilian A, Dandekar G, Augustin H. Forward EphB4 signaling in endothelial cells controls cellular repulsion and segregation from ephrinB2 positive cells. J Cell Sci. 2003;116:2461-70 pubmed..Taken together, these data identify distinct propulsive and repulsive effector functions of endothelial ephrinB2 and EphB4 that mediate spatial positional signals during angiogenesis and vessel assembly. ..
- Klisch J, Huppertz H, Spetzger U, Hetzel A, Seeger W, Schumacher M. Transvenous treatment of carotid cavernous and dural arteriovenous fistulae: results for 31 patients and review of the literature. Neurosurgery. 2003;53:836-56; discussion 856-7 pubmed..9%) but did not lead to permanent morbidity. Transvenous treatment of CS and transverse/sigmoid sinus AVFs can be effective if all transvenous approaches, including combined surgical/endovascular approaches, are considered. ..
- Lassmann S, Gerlach U, Technau Ihling K, Werner M, Fisch P. Application of BIOMED-2 primers in fixed and decalcified bone marrow biopsies: analysis of immunoglobulin H receptor rearrangements in B-cell non-Hodgkin's lymphomas. J Mol Diagn. 2005;7:582-91 pubmed..In summary, this study provides an improved protocol for detection of clonality by IgH-specific BIOMED-2 primers in fixed, decalcified bone marrow biopsies. ..
- Lohrmann C, Uhl M, Warnatz K, Kotter E, Ghanem N, Langer M. Sinonasal computed tomography in patients with Wegener's granulomatosis. J Comput Assist Tomogr. 2006;30:122-5 pubmed..These findings are, however, nonspecific and should be combined with other clinicopathologic and laboratory studies to confirm the diagnosis of Wegener's granulomatosis. ..
- Lehmberg J, Scheiwe C, Spreer J, van Velthoven V. Late bacterial granuloma at an intrathecal drug delivery catheter. Acta Neurochir (Wien). 2006;148:899-901; discussion 901 pubmed..Although most catheter-associated granulomas reported so far were sterile in nature, bacterial infection should still be considered even years after catheter placement. ..
- Lessmann E, Ngo M, Leitges M, Minguet S, Ridgway N, Huber M. Oxysterol-binding protein-related protein (ORP) 9 is a PDK-2 substrate and regulates Akt phosphorylation. Cell Signal. 2007;19:384-92 pubmed..Furthermore, mammalian target of rapamycin was implicated in ORP9L phosphorylation in HEK293 cells. These studies identify ORP9 as a PDK-2 substrate and negative regulator of Akt phosphorylation at the PDK-2 site. ..
- Lohrmann C, Foeldi E, Bartholomä J, Langer M. Magnetic resonance imaging of lymphatic vessels without image subtraction: a practicable imaging method for routine clinical practice?. J Comput Assist Tomogr. 2007;31:303-8 pubmed..The HR MRL without image subtraction is safe, technically feasible, and has the potential to become a diagnostic imaging tool in daily clinical practice because of its time efficiency. ..
- Mockenhaupt M, Viboud C, Dunant A, Naldi L, Halevy S, Bouwes Bavinck J, et al. Stevens-Johnson syndrome and toxic epidermal necrolysis: assessment of medication risks with emphasis on recently marketed drugs. The EuroSCAR-study. J Invest Dermatol. 2008;128:35-44 pubmed..The use of such drugs as first-line therapies should be considered carefully, especially when safer alternative treatments exist. A number of widely used drugs did not show any risk for SJS and TEN. ..
- Metten M, Link H, Staubach F, Bach M, Lagrèze W. Dose-response relationship in inferior oblique muscle recession. Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol. 2008;246:593-8 pubmed publisher..In particular, the effect of an additional anteroposition of the operated muscle was analysed, as well as differences between short and long term results...
- Pieh C, Agostini H, Buschbeck C, Kruger M, Schulte Mönting J, Zirrgiebel U, et al. VEGF-A, VEGFR-1, VEGFR-2 and Tie2 levels in plasma of premature infants: relationship to retinopathy of prematurity. Br J Ophthalmol. 2008;92:689-93 pubmed publisher..Elevated plasma levels in active ROP were observed for sVEGFR-2 and sTie2. These increases have yet to be confirmed as predictive values for ROP. ..
- Baumgarten A, Felthaus J, Wasch R. Strong inducible knockdown of APC/CCdc20 does not cause mitotic arrest in human somatic cells. Cell Cycle. 2009;8:643-6 pubmed..Thus, there may be redundant mechanisms of mitotic control in the human somatic cell cycle. ..
- Ganner A, Lienkamp S, Schäfer T, Romaker D, Wegierski T, Park T, et al. Regulation of ciliary polarity by the APC/C. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:17799-804 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the APC/C activity enables cilia to correctly polarize in Xenopus epidermal cells. ..
- Schmidt O, Pfanner N, Meisinger C. Mitochondrial protein import: from proteomics to functional mechanisms. Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol. 2010;11:655-67 pubmed publisher..Protein translocases do not function as independent units but are integrated into dynamic networks and are connected to machineries that function in bioenergetics, mitochondrial morphology and coupling to the endoplasmic reticulum. ..
- Weckesser S, Laszczyk M, Müller M, Schempp C, Schumann H. Topical treatment of necrotising herpes zoster with betulin from birch bark. Forsch Komplementmed. 2010;17:271-3 pubmed publisher..The presented case report demonstrates impressive skin tolerance and wound-healing properties of the betulin emulsion. These should be further evaluated. ..
- Haller O, Kochs G. Human MxA protein: an interferon-induced dynamin-like GTPase with broad antiviral activity. J Interferon Cytokine Res. 2011;31:79-87 pubmed publisher..Thus, MxA may form oligomeric rings around tubular nucleocapsid structures, thereby inhibiting their transcriptional and replicative function. Here we briefly review the most salient features of MxA expression and antiviral function. ..
- Weber A, Hoffmann M, Neumann H, Erlic Z. Somatic mutation analysis of the SDHB, SDHC, SDHD, and RET genes in the clinical assessment of sporadic and hereditary pheochromocytoma. Horm Cancer. 2012;3:187-92 pubmed publisher..SDHB and VHL somatic mutation might play a role in the sporadic forms of tumor development. There is no clinical impact of mutation screening or LOH analysis of tumor specimens. ..
- Gohner W, Schlatterer M, Seelig H, Frey I, Berg A, Fuchs R. Two-year follow-up of an interdisciplinary cognitive-behavioral intervention program for obese adults. J Psychol. 2012;146:371-91 pubmed
- Volk T, Pannicke U, Reisli I, Bulashevska A, Ritter J, BjÃ¶rkman A, et al. DCLRE1C (ARTEMIS) mutations causing phenotypes ranging from atypical severe combined immunodeficiency to mere antibody deficiency. Hum Mol Genet. 2015;24:7361-72 pubmed publisher..Clinicians should consider the possibility that an immunodeficiency with a clinically mild initial presentation could be a combined immunodeficiency, so as to provide appropriate care for affected patients. ..
- Brugger W, Möcklin W, Heimfeld S, Berenson R, Mertelsmann R, Kanz L. Ex vivo expansion of enriched peripheral blood CD34+ progenitor cells by stem cell factor, interleukin-1 beta (IL-1 beta), IL-6, IL-3, interferon-gamma, and erythropoietin. Blood. 1993;81:2579-84 pubmed..The number of cells expanded ex vivo might be sufficient for repetitive use after high-dose chemotherapy and might be candidate cells for therapeutic gene transfer. ..
- Kispert A, Stöger R, Caparros M, Herrmann B. The mouse Rsk3 gene maps to the Leh66 elements carrying the t-complex responder Tcr. Mamm Genome. 1999;10:794-802 pubmed..These data will facilitate the isolation of Tcr, a prerequisite for understanding transmission ratio distortion in mouse. ..
- Klippel S, Pahl H. Molecular markers for the diagnosis of Philadelphia chromosome negative myeloproliferative disorders. Pathol Biol (Paris). 2004;52:267-74 pubmed..Endogenous Erythroid Colonies, (2). Clonality, (3). Reduced c-Mpl protein expression and (4). PRV-1 mRNA over expression. ..
- Schmolck H, Maritz E, Kletzin I, Korinthenberg R. Neurologic, neuropsychologic, and electroencephalographic findings after European tick-borne encephalitis in children. J Child Neurol. 2005;20:500-8 pubmed..Owing to the small sample size, it was difficult to identify risk factors for and predictors of adverse outcomes. ..
- Daujat S, Zeissler U, Waldmann T, Happel N, Schneider R. HP1 binds specifically to Lys26-methylated histone H1.4, whereas simultaneous Ser27 phosphorylation blocks HP1 binding. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:38090-5 pubmed..Our results provide the first experimental evidence for a "phospho switch" model in which neighboring phosphorylation reverts the effect of histone lysine methylation. ..
- Heydecke G, Butz F, Binder J, Strub J. Material characteristics of a novel shrinkage-free ZrSiO(4) ceramic for the fabrication of posterior crowns. Dent Mater. 2007;23:785-91 pubmed
- Hannig C, Spitzmüller B, Al Ahmad A, Hannig M. Effects of Cistus-tea on bacterial colonization and enzyme activities of the in situ pellicle. J Dent. 2008;36:540-5 pubmed publisher..Polyphenols are expected to have antibacterial properties. Cistus is a tea rich in polyphenols. The aim of the present in situ study was to investigate the effect of Cistus-tea on the pellicle and on the initial oral biofilm...
- Schenk T, Enders M, Pollak S, Hahn R, Huzly D. High prevalence of human parvovirus B19 DNA in myocardial autopsy samples from subjects without myocarditis or dilative cardiomyopathy. J Clin Microbiol. 2009;47:106-10 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest lifelong persistence of B19 DNA in heart tissue. Thus, the detection of B19 DNA in myocardial biopsy specimens alone is not sufficient to postulate a relationship between B19 infection and cardiac disease...
- Kollert F, Probst C, Müller Quernheim J, Zissel G, Prasse A. CCL18 production is decreased in alveolar macrophages from cigarette smokers. Inflammation. 2009;32:163-8 pubmed publisher..Thus this article gives further evidence that chronic cigarette smoking alters the phenotype of AM and that the M2 marker CCL18 is down-regulated in smokers macrophages. ..