Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on chromosome mapping in Freiburg, Baden Württemberg, Germany
Locale: Freiburg, Baden Württemberg, Germany
Topic: chromosome mapping
- Treiber T, Mandel E, Pott S, Gyory I, Firner S, Liu E, et al. Early B cell factor 1 regulates B cell gene networks by activation, repression, and transcription- independent poising of chromatin. Immunity. 2010;32:714-25 pubmed publisher..Poised chromatin states on specific targets could also be established by Ebf1 expression in T cells but not in NIH 3T3 cells, suggesting that Ebf1 acts as a "pioneer" factor in a hematopoietic chromatin context. ..
- Graf P, Dolzblasz A, Würschum T, Lenhard M, Pfreundt U, Laux T. MGOUN1 encodes an Arabidopsis type IB DNA topoisomerase required in stem cell regulation and to maintain developmentally regulated gene silencing. Plant Cell. 2010;22:716-28 pubmed publisher..The specific developmental defects in mgo1 mutants link topoisomerase IB function in Arabidopsis to stable propagation of developmentally regulated gene expression. ..
- Flotho C, Steinemann D, Mullighan C, Neale G, Mayer K, Kratz C, et al. Genome-wide single-nucleotide polymorphism analysis in juvenile myelomonocytic leukemia identifies uniparental disomy surrounding the NF1 locus in cases associated with neurofibromatosis but not in cases with mutant RAS or PTPN11. Oncogene. 2007;26:5816-21 pubmed
- Bagheri Fam S, Ferraz C, Demaille J, Scherer G, Pfeifer D. Comparative genomics of the SOX9 region in human and Fugu rubripes: conservation of short regulatory sequence elements within large intergenic regions. Genomics. 2001;78:73-82 pubmed publisher..From the yeast artificial chromosome transgenic data, elements E3-E5 are candidate enhancers for SOX9 expression in limb and vertebral column, and 8 of 10 CD translocation breakpoints separate these elements from SOX9...
- Kispert A, Stöger R, Caparros M, Herrmann B. The mouse Rsk3 gene maps to the Leh66 elements carrying the t-complex responder Tcr. Mamm Genome. 1999;10:794-802 pubmed..These data will facilitate the isolation of Tcr, a prerequisite for understanding transmission ratio distortion in mouse. ..
- Dear T, Moller A, Boehm T. CAPN11: A calpain with high mRNA levels in testis and located on chromosome 6. Genomics. 1999;59:243-7 pubmed..The discovery of this new calpain emphasizes the complexity of the calpain family, with members being distinguished on the basis of protease activity, calcium dependence, and tissue expression. ..
- Northemann W, Berg H, Stahnke G, Walter M, Hunt N, Fenning S. Identification of an inhibitory element within the human 68-kDa (U1) ribonucleoprotein antigen. Protein Expr Purif. 1995;6:748-56 pubmed..After excision of the inhibitory sequence X a dramatic increase in the production of recombinant human P68 antigen was observed. ..
- Mansouri A, Spurr N, Goodfellow P, Kemler R. Characterization and chromosomal localization of the gene encoding the human cell adhesion molecule uvomorulin. Differentiation. 1988;38:67-71 pubmed..Moreover, with the use of human x mouse somatic-cell hybrids, the human uvomorulin gene was localized on chromosome 16, in the region 16p11-16qter...
- Heyer B, Warsowe J, Solter D, Knowles B, Ackerman S. New member of the Snf1/AMPK kinase family, Melk, is expressed in the mouse egg and preimplantation embryo. Mol Reprod Dev. 1997;47:148-56 pubmed..This gene product may play a role in the signal transduction events in the egg and early embryo. ..
- Nielsen P, Rochelle J, Seldin M. The functional genes for protein synthesis initiation factor 4AI and 4AII map to mouse chromosomes 11 and 16. Mamm Genome. 1993;4:185-6 pubmed
- Hemberger M, Himmelbauer H, Neumann H, Plate K, Schwarzkopf G, Fundele R. Expression of the von Hippel-Lindau-binding protein-1 (Vbp1) in fetal and adult mouse tissues. Hum Mol Genet. 1999;8:229-36 pubmed..Mapping of the murine Vbp1 gene revealed conserved chromosomal localization between mouse and human in a region homologous to human Xq28. ..
- Schuermann M, Otto E, Becker A, Saar K, Ruschendorf F, Polak B, et al. Mapping of gene loci for nephronophthisis type 4 and Senior-Løken syndrome, to chromosome 1p36. Am J Hum Genet. 2002;70:1240-6 pubmed..8 for D1S253 in this kindred alone. In addition, we were able to localize to the NPHP4 locus a new locus for Senior-Løken syndrome, an NPHP variant associated with retinitis pigmentosa. ..
- Omran H, Haffner K, Volkel A, Kuehr J, Ketelsen U, Ross U, et al. Homozygosity mapping of a gene locus for primary ciliary dyskinesia on chromosome 5p and identification of the heavy dynein chain DNAH5 as a candidate gene. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2000;23:696-702 pubmed..On the basis of the Chlamydomonas model for PCD, this gene represents an excellent candidate for PCD. ..
- Apel T, Scherer A, Adachi T, Auch D, Ayane M, Reth M. The ribose 5-phosphate isomerase-encoding gene is located immediately downstream from that encoding murine immunoglobulin kappa. Gene. 1995;156:191-7 pubmed..We thus show that two genes with very different expression patterns, a housekeeping gene and a gene expressed in a tissue-specific manner, can be located on a chromosome in close proximity to each other. ..
- Gründer A, Qian F, Ebel T, Mincheva A, Lichter P, Kruse U, et al. Genomic organization, splice products and mouse chromosomal localization of genes for transcription factor Nuclear Factor One. Gene. 2003;304:171-81 pubmed
- Watanabe T, Tarttelin E, Neubüser A, Kimura M, Solter D. Fine genetic mapping defines the genetic order of Pax9, Tcf3a, and Acrodysplasia (Adp). Mamm Genome. 1994;5:768-70 pubmed..From our results, we conclude that the Adp locus is distinct from either Pax9 or Tcf3a. ..
- Dear T. Cloning, structure, expression analysis, and assignment to mouse chromosome 7 of the gene Zfp296 encoding a zinc finger protein. Mamm Genome. 2000;11:1037-9 pubmed
- Dear T, Meier N, Hunn M, Boehm T. Gene structure, chromosomal localization, and expression pattern of Capn12, a new member of the calpain large subunit gene family. Genomics. 2000;68:152-60 pubmed..4 cM. Refined mapping of Capn5, also previously localized to chromosome 7, indicated that it was not closely linked to Capn12, mapping tightly linked to a marker positioned at 48.5 cM. ..
- Koseki H, Zachgo J, Mizutani Y, Simon Chazottes D, Guenet J, Balling R, et al. Fine genetic mapping of the proximal part of mouse chromosome 2 excludes Pax-8 as a candidate gene for Danforth's short tail (Sd). Mamm Genome. 1993;4:324-7 pubmed..From our results we conclude that Sd, Etl-4, Pax-8, and Mdk are independent loci, with Etl-4 being the closest genetic marker (1.1 +/- 1.4 cM) to the Danforth's short tail (Sd) gene. ..
- Wallin J, Mizutani Y, Imai K, Miyashita N, Moriwaki K, Taniguchi M, et al. A new Pax gene, Pax-9, maps to mouse chromosome 12. Mamm Genome. 1993;4:354-8 pubmed
- Klose C, Buche C, Fernández A, Schafer E, Zwick E, Kretsch T. The mediator complex subunit PFT1 interferes with COP1 and HY5 in the regulation of Arabidopsis light signaling. Plant Physiol. 2012;160:289-307 pubmed publisher..Our data further indicate that PFT1 regulates the floral transition downstream of phyA. The PFT1 missense mutation seems to create a constitutively active transcription factor by mimicking an early step in light signaling. ..
- Gassmann G, Jacobs E, Deutzmann R, Gobel U. Analysis of the Borrelia burgdorferi GeHo fla gene and antigenic characterization of its gene product. J Bacteriol. 1991;173:1452-9 pubmed..However, immunoreactive oligopeptides clustered within the variable middle region (N-180 to I-260). This region could constitute a candidate antigen for more specific and sensitive serodiagnosis of Lyme borreliosis. ..
- Natt E, Magenis R, Zimmer J, Mansouri A, Scherer G. Regional assignment of the human loci for uvomorulin (UVO) and chymotrypsinogen B (CTRB) with the help of two overlapping deletions on the long arm of chromosome 16. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1989;50:145-8 pubmed..1 and 16q23.2, leads to loss of the CTRB locus. Therefore, UVO resides between both proximal deletion breakpoints within band 16q22.1, whereas CTRB is located between both distal breakpoints at 16q22.3 and 16q23.2. ..
- Schlüter J, Reinkensmeier J, Barnett M, Lang C, Krol E, Giegerich R, et al. Global mapping of transcription start sites and promoter motifs in the symbiotic ?-proteobacterium Sinorhizobium meliloti 1021. BMC Genomics. 2013;14:156 pubmed publisher..meliloti gene expression with relation to gene organization, ? factors and other transcription factors, and regulatory RNAs. ..
- Youssar L, Grüning B, Günther S, Hüttel W. Characterization and phylogenetic analysis of the mitochondrial genome of Glarea lozoyensis indicates high diversity within the order Helotiales. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e74792 pubmed publisher..Further mitochondrial genomes are required in order to determine whether there is a continuous transition between the different forms of mitochondrial genomes or G. lozoyensis belongs to a distinct subgroup within Helotiales. ..
- Tucker M, Roodbarkelari F, Truernit E, Adamski N, Hinze A, Lohmüller B, et al. Accession-specific modifiers act with ZWILLE/ARGONAUTE10 to maintain shoot meristem stem cells during embryogenesis in Arabidopsis. BMC Genomics. 2013;14:809 pubmed publisher..Reduced SQN expression levels in Col-0 correlate with transposon insertions adjoining the transcriptional start site, which may contribute to stem cell maintenance in other ZLL-independent accessions. ..
- Ganas P, Sachelaru P, Mihasan M, Igloi G, Brandsch R. Two closely related pathways of nicotine catabolism in Arthrobacter nicotinovorans and Nocardioides sp. strain JS614. Arch Microbiol. 2008;189:511-7 pubmed..Nicotine catabolic genes are clustered on pAO1 in A. nicotinovorans, but located chromosomally in Nocardioides sp. JS614. ..
- Aberle H, Bierkamp C, Torchard D, Serova O, Wagner T, Natt E, et al. The human plakoglobin gene localizes on chromosome 17q21 and is subjected to loss of heterozygosity in breast and ovarian cancers. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995;92:6384-8 pubmed..Our results, together with the present knowledge about the biological function of plakoglobin, suggest that plakoglobin might represent a putative tumor suppressor gene for breast and ovarian cancers. ..
- Volz A, Melkaoui R, Hildebrandt F, Omran H. Candidate gene analysis of KIAA0678 encoding a DnaJ-like protein for adolescent nephronophthisis and Senior-Løken syndrome type 3. Cytogenet Genome Res. 2002;97:163-6 pubmed..No mutation in KIAA0678 was detected. We conclude, KIAA0678 most likely is not responsible for NPH and SLS in the patients studied. ..
- Trauth K, Mutschler B, Jenkins N, Gilbert D, Copeland N, Klempnauer K. Mouse A-myb encodes a trans-activator and is expressed in mitotically active cells of the developing central nervous system, adult testis and B lymphocytes. EMBO J. 1994;13:5994-6005 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest a role for A-myb in the proliferation and/or differentiation of neurogenic, spermatogenic and B-lymphoid cells. ..
- Dick A, Mayr T, Bauer H, Meier A, Hammerschmidt M. Cloning and characterization of zebrafish smad2, smad3 and smad4. Gene. 2000;246:69-80 pubmed..These data suggest that Smad2 acts as a mediator of Nodal signals during zebrafish midline signaling, while Smad3 might be involved in later steps of eye field separation. ..
- Nass S, Olowson M, Miyashita N, Moriwaki K, Balling R, Imai K. Mapping of the Mod-1 locus on mouse chromosome 9. Mamm Genome. 1993;4:333-7 pubmed..6 +/- 0.6 cm. ..
- Krause R, Hemberger M, Himmelbauer H, Kalscheuer V, Fundele R. Identification and characterization of G90, a novel mouse RNA that lacks an extensive open reading frame. Gene. 1999;232:35-42 pubmed..In situ hybridization analysis on sections of small and large intestine and testis showed that G90 transcripts are present only in post-mitotic cells. ..
- Nothwang H, Rensing C, Kubler M, Denich D, Brandl B, Stubanus M, et al. Identification of a novel Ran binding protein 2 related gene (RANBP2L1) and detection of a gene cluster on human chromosome 2q11-q12. Genomics. 1998;47:383-92 pubmed..In summary, we have identified a RanBP2 gene cluster on 2q11-q12 together with a novel gene termed RanBP2alpha, with high sequence similarity to RanBP2. ..
- Poltorak A, Merlin T, Nielsen P, Sandra O, Smirnova I, Schupp I, et al. A point mutation in the IL-12R beta 2 gene underlies the IL-12 unresponsiveness of Lps-defective C57BL/10ScCr mice. J Immunol. 2001;167:2106-11 pubmed..Because the phosphorylation of STAT4 is a prerequisite for the IL-12-mediated induction of IFN-gamma, its absence in Cr mice is responsible for their defective IFN-gamma response to microorganisms. ..