Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cell cycle proteins in Heidelberg, Baden Württemberg, Germany
Locale: Heidelberg, Baden Württemberg, Germany
Topic: cell cycle proteins
Publications109 found, 100 shown here
- Peset I, Seiler J, Sardon T, Bejarano L, Rybina S, Vernos I. Function and regulation of Maskin, a TACC family protein, in microtubule growth during mitosis. J Cell Biol. 2005;170:1057-66 pubmed..Further more, we show that Maskin localization and function is regulated by Eg2 phosphorylation. ..
- Ouna B, Nyambega B, Manful T, Helbig C, Males M, Fadda A, et al. Depletion of trypanosome CTR9 leads to gene expression defects. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e34256 pubmed publisher..Simultaneously, some genes from regions subject to chromatin silencing were derepressed, possibly as a secondary effect of the loss of two proteins that are required for silencing, ISWI and NLP1. ..
- Restuccia A, Yang F, CHEN C, Lu L, Dai W. Mps1 is SUMO-modified during the cell cycle. Oncotarget. 2016;7:3158-70 pubmed publisher..Combined, our results indicate that Mps1 is SUMO-modified that plays an essential role in regulating Mps1 functions during mitosis. ..
- Brambilla R, Gnesutta N, Minichiello L, White G, Roylance A, Herron C, et al. A role for the Ras signalling pathway in synaptic transmission and long-term memory. Nature. 1997;390:281-6 pubmed..These results implicate Ras-GRF signalling via the Ras/MAP kinase pathway in synaptic events leading to formation of long-term memories. ..
- Schulze A, Mannhardt B, Zerfass Thome K, Zwerschke W, Jansen Durr P. Anchorage-independent transcription of the cyclin A gene induced by the E7 oncoprotein of human papillomavirus type 16. J Virol. 1998;72:2323-34 pubmed..Taken together, the data reported here indicate that several different E7-dependent changes of cellular-growth-regulating pathways can cooperate to allow adhesion-independent entry into S phase. ..
- Hofmann T, Hehner S, Droge W, Schmitz M. Caspase-dependent cleavage and inactivation of the Vav1 proto-oncogene product during apoptosis prevents IL-2 transcription. Oncogene. 2000;19:1153-63 pubmed..Since Vav1 is essential for IL-2 production and plays a central role for cytoskeletal reorganization, its proteolytic inactivation during apoptosis affects multiple downstream targets. ..
- Khmelinskii A, Roostalu J, Roque H, Antony C, Schiebel E. Phosphorylation-dependent protein interactions at the spindle midzone mediate cell cycle regulation of spindle elongation. Dev Cell. 2009;17:244-56 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal that sliding forces at the midzone are activated by separase and explain how spindle elongation is triggered with anaphase entry. ..
- Shrestha R, Conti D, Tamura N, Braun D, Ramalingam R, Cieśliński K, et al. Aurora-B kinase pathway controls the lateral to end-on conversion of kinetochore-microtubule attachments in human cells. Nat Commun. 2017;8:150 pubmed publisher..Here the authors show that Aurora-B regulates end-on conversion in human cells and establish a late role for Astrin-SKAP complex in the end-on conversion process. ..
- Werner A, Flotho A, Melchior F. The RanBP2/RanGAP1*SUMO1/Ubc9 complex is a multisubunit SUMO E3 ligase. Mol Cell. 2012;46:287-98 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide insights into the mechanism of an important E3 ligase, and extend the concept of multisubunit E3 ligases from ubiquitin to the SUMO field. ..
- Kayser K, Seemann C, Andre S, Kugler C, Becker C, Dong X, et al. Association of concentration of asbestos and asbestos-like fibers with the patient's survival and the binding capacity of lung parenchyma to galectin-1 and natural alpha-galactoside- and alpha-mannoside-binding immunoglobulin G subfractions from huma. Pathol Res Pract. 2000;196:81-7 pubmed..The data indicate that increased presence of asbestos is correlated with an alteration of defined glycohistochemical features of alveolar lining cells. ..
- Nilsson I, Hoffmann I. Cell cycle regulation by the Cdc25 phosphatase family. Prog Cell Cycle Res. 2000;4:107-14 pubmed..Cdc25A and B are potential human oncogenes. In addition, Cdc25 is a main player of the G2 arrest caused by DNA damage or in the presence of unreplicated DNA. ..
- Mardin B, Agircan F, Lange C, Schiebel E. Plk1 controls the Nek2A-PP1? antagonism in centrosome disjunction. Curr Biol. 2011;21:1145-51 pubmed publisher..We propose that centrosome disjunction is regulated by Plk1, providing a well-balanced control between the counteracting Nek2A and PP1? activities on the centrosome linker. ..
- Lin T, Gombos L, Neuner A, Sebastian D, Olsen J, Hrle A, et al. Phosphorylation of the yeast ?-tubulin Tub4 regulates microtubule function. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e19700 pubmed publisher..Three phosphorylation sites in Tub4 were found to be critical for Tub4 stability and microtubule organization. One of the sites is highly conserved in ?-tubulins from yeast to human. ..
- Nasertorabi F, Batisse C, Diepholz M, Suck D, BÃ¶ttcher B. Insights into the structure of the CCR4-NOT complex by electron microscopy. FEBS Lett. 2011;585:2182-6 pubmed publisher..The arms form an accessible cavity, which we think could provide an extensive interface for RNA-deadenylation. ..
- Athale C, Dinarina A, Mora Coral M, Pugieux C, Nedelec F, Karsenti E. Regulation of microtubule dynamics by reaction cascades around chromosomes. Science. 2008;322:1243-7 pubmed publisher..We propose a reaction-diffusion model that combines the chromosome generated Ran-guanosine triphosphate-Importin reaction network to a secondary phosphorylation network as a potential mechanism for the generation of such gradients. ..
- Thoms S. Cdc48 can distinguish between native and non-native proteins in the absence of cofactors. FEBS Lett. 2002;520:107-10 pubmed..Cdc48's ability to recognise denatured proteins can also be a source of unspecific binding in biochemical interaction experiments. ..
- Isokane M, Walter T, Mahen R, Nijmeijer B, HÃ©richÃ© J, Miura K, et al. ARHGEF17 is an essential spindle assembly checkpoint factor that targets Mps1 to kinetochores. J Cell Biol. 2016;212:647-59 pubmed publisher..This mitosis-specific role is independent of ARHGEF17's RhoGEF activity in interphase. Our study thus assigns a new mitotic function to ARHGEF17 and reveals the molecular mechanism for a key step in SAC establishment. ..
- Bouwmeester T, Bauch A, Ruffner H, Angrand P, Bergamini G, Croughton K, et al. A physical and functional map of the human TNF-alpha/NF-kappa B signal transduction pathway. Nat Cell Biol. 2004;6:97-105 pubmed..This systems approach provides significant insight into the logic of the TNF-alpha/NF-kappa B pathway and is generally applicable to other pathways relevant to human disease. ..
- Marty L, Siala W, Schwarzlander M, Fricker M, Wirtz M, Sweetlove L, et al. The NADPH-dependent thioredoxin system constitutes a functional backup for cytosolic glutathione reductase in Arabidopsis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:9109-14 pubmed publisher..Integrated biochemical and genetic assays identify the NADPH-dependent thioredoxin system as a backup system for GR1. Deletion of both, NADPH-dependent thioredoxin reductase A and GR1, prevents survival due to a pollen lethal phenotype. ..
- Rios P, Li X, Köhn M. Molecular mechanisms of the PRL phosphatases. FEBS J. 2013;280:505-24 pubmed publisher..Finally, we discuss similarities and differences between the phosphatases of regenerating liver, focusing on their molecular mechanisms and signalling pathways. ..
- Afanasyeva E, Mestdagh P, Kumps C, Vandesompele J, Ehemann V, Theissen J, et al. MicroRNA miR-885-5p targets CDK2 and MCM5, activates p53 and inhibits proliferation and survival. Cell Death Differ. 2011;18:974-84 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data provide evidence that miR-885-5p has a tumor suppressive role in neuroblastoma interfering with cell cycle progression and cell survival. ..
- Del Bene F, Tessmar Raible K, Wittbrodt J. Direct interaction of geminin and Six3 in eye development. Nature. 2004;427:745-9 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that the transcription factor Six3 and the replication-initiation inhibitor geminin act antagonistically to control the balance between proliferation and differentiation during early vertebrate eye development...
- Ferby I, Blazquez M, Palmer A, Eritja R, Nebreda A. A novel p34(cdc2)-binding and activating protein that is necessary and sufficient to trigger G(2)/M progression in Xenopus oocytes. Genes Dev. 1999;13:2177-89 pubmed..Our results identify a novel p34(cdc2) binding and activating protein that regulates the G(2)/M transition during oocyte maturation. ..
- Westerholm Parvinen A, Vernos I, Serrano L. Kinesin subfamily UNC104 contains a FHA domain: boundaries and physicochemical characterization. FEBS Lett. 2000;486:285-90 pubmed..Key amino acids postulated to recognize phosphorylated residues are conserved. These data suggest that the kinesin FHA domains are functional domains involved in protein-protein interactions regulated by phosphorylation. ..
- Kaufmann L, Niehrs C. Gadd45a and Gadd45g regulate neural development and exit from pluripotency in Xenopus. Mech Dev. 2011;128:401-11 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that Gadd45ag are required for early embryonic cells to exit pluripotency and enter differentiation. ..
- Vulprecht J, David A, Tibelius A, Castiel A, Konotop G, Liu F, et al. STIL is required for centriole duplication in human cells. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:1353-62 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that STIL is an essential component of the centriole replication machinery in mammalian cells...
- Dienz O, Möller A, Strecker A, Stephan N, Krammer P, Dröge W, et al. Src homology 2 domain-containing leukocyte phosphoprotein of 76 kDa and phospholipase C gamma 1 are required for NF-kappa B activation and lipid raft recruitment of protein kinase C theta induced by T cell costimulation. J Immunol. 2003;170:365-72 pubmed..These results show the importance of SLP-76 and PLCgamma1 for NF-kappaB activation and raft translocation of PKCtheta and IKKgamma. ..
- Vaclavicek A, Bermejo J, Wappenschmidt B, Meindl A, Sutter C, Schmutzler R, et al. Genetic variation in the major mitotic checkpoint genes does not affect familial breast cancer risk. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2007;106:205-13 pubmed..Therefore, our results indicate that the investigated SNPs in the mitotic checkpoint genes do not affect the risk of familial BC. ..
- Ridinger H, Rutenberg C, Lutz D, Buness A, Petersen I, Amann K, et al. Expression and tissue localization of beta-catenin, alpha-actinin and chondroitin sulfate proteoglycan 6 is modulated during rat and human left ventricular hypertrophy. Exp Mol Pathol. 2009;86:23-31 pubmed publisher..Our results show that the parallel investigation of rat and human cardiac tissue as well as human cellular models in vitro represents a promising strategy to identify reliable biomarkers of LVH. ..
- Muir K, Kschonsak M, Li Y, Metz J, Haering C, Panne D. Structure of the Pds5-Scc1 Complex and Implications for Cohesin Function. Cell Rep. 2016;14:2116-2126 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that the integrity of the Pds5-Scc1 interface is indispensable for the recruitment of Pds5 to cohesin, and that its abrogation results in loss of sister chromatid cohesion and cell viability. ..
- RÃ¼thnick D, Schiebel E. Duplication of the Yeast Spindle Pole Body Once per Cell Cycle. Mol Cell Biol. 2016;36:1324-31 pubmed publisher..Thus, restricting SPB duplication to one event per cell cycle requires only an oscillation between Cdk1 kinase and Cdc14 phosphatase activities. This clockwork regulates the "on"/"off" state of the Sfi1-centrin receiver. ..
- Pagano M, Pepperkok R, Verde F, Ansorge W, Draetta G. Cyclin A is required at two points in the human cell cycle. EMBO J. 1992;11:961-71 pubmed..Cyclin A binds both cdk2 and cdc2, giving two distinct cyclin A kinase activities, one appearing in S phase, the other in G2. These results suggest that cyclin A defines novel control points of the human cell cycle. ..
- Heiss N, Knight S, Vulliamy T, Klauck S, Wiemann S, Mason P, et al. X-linked dyskeratosis congenita is caused by mutations in a highly conserved gene with putative nucleolar functions. Nat Genet. 1998;19:32-8 pubmed..By analogy to the function of the known dyskerin orthologues, involvement in the cell cycle and nucleolar function is predicted for the protein. ..
- Cizmecioglu O, Krause A, Bahtz R, Ehret L, Malek N, Hoffmann I. Plk2 regulates centriole duplication through phosphorylation-mediated degradation of Fbxw7 (human Cdc4). J Cell Sci. 2012;125:981-92 pubmed publisher..These findings define a previously unknown Plk2-dependent pathway involved at the onset of S phase and in centrosome duplication. ..
- Wilhelm T, Lipka D, Witte T, Wierzbinska J, Fluhr S, Helf M, et al. Epigenetic silencing of AKAP12 in juvenile myelomonocytic leukemia. Epigenetics. 2016;11:110-9 pubmed publisher..Together, these data provide evidence for epigenetic silencing of AKAP12Î± in JMML and further emphasize the importance of dysregulated RAS signaling in JMML pathogenesis. ..
- Piontek J, Brandt R. Differential and regulated binding of cAMP-dependent protein kinase and protein kinase C isoenzymes to gravin in human model neurons: Evidence that gravin provides a dynamic platform for the localization for kinases during neuronal development. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:38970-9 pubmed..Taken together the data suggest that gravin provides a dynamic platform to localize kinases in an isoenzyme-specific and activation-dependent manner at specific sites in neurons. ..
- Haering C, Jessberger R. Cohesin in determining chromosome architecture. Exp Cell Res. 2012;318:1386-93 pubmed publisher..This review focuses on cohesin's role in structuring chromosomes during mitotic and meiotic cell divisions and during interphase. ..
- Faryna M, Konermann C, Aulmann S, Bermejo J, Brugger M, Diederichs S, et al. Genome-wide methylation screen in low-grade breast cancer identifies novel epigenetically altered genes as potential biomarkers for tumor diagnosis. FASEB J. 2012;26:4937-50 pubmed publisher..In summary, early methylation changes are frequent in the low-grade pathway of breast cancer and may be useful in the development of differential diagnostic and possibly also prognostic markers. ..
- Johansson Ã, Eriksson N, Lindholm D, Varenhorst C, James S, SyvÃ¤nen A, et al. Genome-wide association and Mendelian randomization study of NT-proBNP in patients with acute coronary syndrome. Hum Mol Genet. 2016;25:1447-56 pubmed publisher..Due to pleotropic effects of SLC39A8, these results do not suggest that NT-proBNP levels have a direct effect on mortality in ACS patients. PLATO Clinical Trial Registration: www.clinicaltrials.gov; NCT00391872. ..
- Botz J, Zerfass Thome K, Spitkovsky D, Delius H, Vogt B, Eilers M, et al. Cell cycle regulation of the murine cyclin E gene depends on an E2F binding site in the promoter. Mol Cell Biol. 1996;16:3401-9 pubmed..An E2F binding site which is required for G1-specific activation of the cyclin E promoter in synchronized NIH 3T3 cells was identified in this fragment. ..
- Mata J, Curado S, Ephrussi A, Rørth P. Tribbles coordinates mitosis and morphogenesis in Drosophila by regulating string/CDC25 proteolysis. Cell. 2000;101:511-22 pubmed..By regulating CDC25, Tribbles serves to coordinate entry into mitosis with morphogenesis and cell fate determination. ..
- Herold A, Klymenko T, Izaurralde E. NXF1/p15 heterodimers are essential for mRNA nuclear export in Drosophila. RNA. 2001;7:1768-80 pubmed..We conclude that Dm NXF1/p15 heterodimers only (but not NXF2-NXF4) mediate the export of the majority of mRNAs in Drosophila cells and that the other members of the NXF family play more specialized or different roles. ..
- Kox C, Zimmermann M, Stanulla M, Leible S, Schrappe M, Ludwig W, et al. The favorable effect of activating NOTCH1 receptor mutations on long-term outcome in T-ALL patients treated on the ALL-BFM 2000 protocol can be separated from FBXW7 loss of function. Leukemia. 2010;24:2005-13 pubmed publisher..Finally, the comparison with other European protocols suggests that the NOTCH effect is treatment dependent generally and may depend on the intensity of central nervous system-directed therapy specifically. ..
- Schmidt K, Kuhns S, Neuner A, Hub B, Zentgraf H, Pereira G. Cep164 mediates vesicular docking to the mother centriole during early steps of ciliogenesis. J Cell Biol. 2012;199:1083-101 pubmed publisher..We propose that Cep164 is targeted to the apical domain of the mother centriole to provide the molecular link between the mother centriole and the membrane biogenesis machinery that initiates cilia formation. ..
- Perez L, Antonio C, Flament S, Vernos I, Nebreda A. Xkid chromokinesin is required for the meiosis I to meiosis II transition in Xenopus laevis oocytes. Nat Cell Biol. 2002;4:737-42 pubmed..Our results show that Xkid has a role in the meiotic cell cycle that is independent from its role in metaphase chromosome alignment. ..
- Gressner O, Schilling T, Lorenz K, Schulze Schleithoff E, Koch A, Schulze Bergkamen H, et al. TAp63alpha induces apoptosis by activating signaling via death receptors and mitochondria. EMBO J. 2005;24:2458-71 pubmed..Thus, beyond its importance in development and differentiation, we describe an important role for TAp63alpha in the induction of apoptosis and chemosensitivity. ..
- Khmelinskii A, Lawrence C, Roostalu J, Schiebel E. Cdc14-regulated midzone assembly controls anaphase B. J Cell Biol. 2007;177:981-93 pubmed..Cdc14 also controls the separase-Slk19 complex indirectly via the Aurora B kinase. Thus, Cdc14 regulates spindle midzone assembly and function directly through Ase1 and indirectly via the separase-Slk19 complex. ..
- Mardin B, Lange C, Baxter J, Hardy T, Scholz S, Fry A, et al. Components of the Hippo pathway cooperate with Nek2 kinase to regulate centrosome disjunction. Nat Cell Biol. 2010;12:1166-76 pubmed publisher..We propose that hSav1-Mst2-Nek2A and Eg5 have distinct, but complementary functions, in centrosome disjunction. ..
- Gass P, Eckhardt A, Schroder H, Bravo R, Herdegen T. Transient expression of the mitogen-activated protein kinase phosphatase MKP-1 (3CH134/ERP1) in the rat brain after limbic epilepsy. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 1996;41:74-80 pubmed..MKP-1 may contribute in the specific subpopulations where it is induced to the post-translational control of inducible transcription factors of the fos, jun and myc family. ..
- Geyer M, Assheuer R, Klebe C, Kuhlmann J, Becker J, Wittinghofer A, et al. Conformational states of the nuclear GTP-binding protein Ran and its complexes with the exchange factor RCC1 and the effector protein RanBP1. Biochemistry. 1999;38:11250-60 pubmed..GTP is proposed where the two states observed are caused by the structural flexibility of the effector loop of Ran; in solution, state 2 resembles the GTP-bound form found in the crystal structure of the Ran-RanBP complex. ..
- Li M, Strand D, Krehan A, Pyerin W, Heid H, Neumann B, et al. Casein kinase 2 binds and phosphorylates the nucleosome assembly protein-1 (NAP1) in Drosophila melanogaster. J Mol Biol. 1999;293:1067-84 pubmed..The location of CK2 phosphorylation sites in NAP1 suggests that their phosphorylation can contribute to a PEST-mediated protein degradation of NAP1 and the translocation of NAP1 between cytoplasm and nucleus. ..
- Schmitt A, Nebreda A. Inhibition of Xenopus oocyte meiotic maturation by catalytically inactive protein kinase A. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:4361-6 pubmed..Our results indicate that PKA can inhibit meiotic maturation by a novel mechanism, which does not require its kinase activity and is also independent of binding to the PKA regulatory subunits. ..
- Salowsky R, Heiss N, Benner A, Wittig R, Poustka A. Basal transcription activity of the dyskeratosis congenita gene is mediated by Sp1 and Sp3 and a patient mutation in a Sp1 binding site is associated with decreased promoter activity. Gene. 2002;293:9-19 pubmed..An additional GC-box interacts only with the Sp1 transcription factor. Further, we provide evidence that the DKC1 mutation in one of the Sp1 binding sites results in reduced promoter activity. ..
- Meitinger F, Palani S, Pereira G. The power of MEN in cytokinesis. Cell Cycle. 2012;11:219-28 pubmed publisher..In this review, we discuss the current view on the role of MEN kinases and Cdc14 in cytokinesis and comment on the cytokinesis-related function of MEN and Cdc14 orthologs in higher eukaryotes. ..
- Meitinger F, Palani S, Hub B, Pereira G. Dual function of the NDR-kinase Dbf2 in the regulation of the F-BAR protein Hof1 during cytokinesis. Mol Biol Cell. 2013;24:1290-304 pubmed publisher..Thus our data show that Dbf2 coordinates septin and AMR functions during cytokinesis through the regulation/control of Hof1. ..
- Brockmann M, Poon E, Berry T, Carstensen A, Deubzer H, Rycak L, et al. Small molecule inhibitors of aurora-a induce proteasomal degradation of N-myc in childhood neuroblastoma. Cancer Cell. 2013;24:75-89 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Aurora-A is an accessible target that makes destabilization of N-Myc a viable therapeutic strategy. ..
- Bastians H, Ponstingl H. The novel human protein serine/threonine phosphatase 6 is a functional homologue of budding yeast Sit4p and fission yeast ppe1, which are involved in cell cycle regulation. J Cell Sci. 1996;109 ( Pt 12):2865-74 pubmed..These data indicate that human PP6 is a functional homologue of budding yeast Sit4p and fission yeast ppe1, implying a function of PP6 in cell cycle regulation. ..
- Carazo Salas R, Guarguaglini G, Gruss O, Segref A, Karsenti E, Mattaj I. Generation of GTP-bound Ran by RCC1 is required for chromatin-induced mitotic spindle formation. Nature. 1999;400:178-81 pubmed..We propose that RCC1 generates a high local concentration of Ran-GTP around chromatin which in turn induces the local nucleation of microtubules. ..
- Hehner S, Li Weber M, Giaisi M, Droge W, Krammer P, Schmitz M. Vav synergizes with protein kinase C theta to mediate IL-4 gene expression in response to CD28 costimulation in T cells. J Immunol. 2000;164:3829-36 pubmed..Vav/PKC theta-induced transcription from the IL-4 promoter was almost completely abrogated by mutation of either the P1 or the PRE-I element within the entire IL-4 promoter. ..
- Winter M, Sombroek D, Dauth I, Moehlenbrink J, Scheuermann K, Crone J, et al. Control of HIPK2 stability by ubiquitin ligase Siah-1 and checkpoint kinases ATM and ATR. Nat Cell Biol. 2008;10:812-24 pubmed publisher..Our results provide a molecular framework for HIPK2 regulation in unstressed and damaged cells. ..
- Gao L, Nieters A, Brenner H. Cell proliferation-related genetic polymorphisms and gastric cancer risk: systematic review and meta-analysis. Eur J Hum Genet. 2009;17:1658-67 pubmed publisher..Larger studies are warranted to clarify the effect of cell proliferation-related genetic polymorphisms on gastric carcinogenesis. ..
- Goeppert B, Schmezer P, Dutruel C, Oakes C, Renner M, Breinig M, et al. Down-regulation of tumor suppressor A kinase anchor protein 12 in human hepatocarcinogenesis by epigenetic mechanisms. Hepatology. 2010;52:2023-33 pubmed publisher..In addition to genetic alterations, epigenetic mechanisms are responsible for the reduction of the tumor suppressor gene AKAP12 in human hepatocarcinogenesis. ..
- Cuylen S, Haering C. Deciphering condensin action during chromosome segregation. Trends Cell Biol. 2011;21:552-9 pubmed publisher..In this review we discuss possible mechanisms that could explain the variety of condensin actions during chromosome segregation...
- Rørth P, Szabo K, Texido G. The level of C/EBP protein is critical for cell migration during Drosophila oogenesis and is tightly controlled by regulated degradation. Mol Cell. 2000;6:23-30 pubmed..The Ubp64 ubiquitin hydrolase acts as a stabilizer of Slbo protein. A novel gene, tribbles, is a negative regulator of slbo in vivo. Tribbles acts by specifically targeting Slbo for rapid degradation via ubiquitination. ..
- Bannert H, Muranyi W, Ogryzko V, Nakatani Y, Flügel R. Coactivators p300 and PCAF physically and functionally interact with the foamy viral trans-activator. BMC Mol Biol. 2004;5:16 pubmed..The potential mechanisms and functional roles of the three histone and factor acetyltransferases p300, PCAF, and SRC-1 in Bel1/Tas-mediated trans-activation are discussed. ..
- Dauth I, Krüger J, Hofmann T. Homeodomain-interacting protein kinase 2 is the ionizing radiation-activated p53 serine 46 kinase and is regulated by ATM. Cancer Res. 2007;67:2274-9 pubmed..Taken together, our findings indicate that HIPK2 is the IR-activated p53 Ser(46) kinase and is regulated by ATM. ..
- Araki Y, Gombos L, Migueleti S, Sivashanmugam L, Antony C, Schiebel E. N-terminal regions of Mps1 kinase determine functional bifurcation. J Cell Biol. 2010;189:41-56 pubmed publisher..Mps1 phosphorylation of Cdc31 at the conserved T110 residue controls substrate binding to Kar1 protein. These findings explain the multiple SPB duplication defects of mps1 mutants on a molecular level. ..
- Schäfer A, Schomacher L, Barreto G, Döderlein G, Niehrs C. Gemcitabine functions epigenetically by inhibiting repair mediated DNA demethylation. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e14060 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that gemcitabine induces epigenetic gene silencing by inhibiting repair mediated DNA demethylation. Thus, gemcitabine can function epigenetically and provides a tool to manipulate DNA methylation. ..
- Mancini Lombardi I, Palani S, Meitinger F, Darieva Z, Hofmann A, Sharrocks A, et al. Lre1 directly inhibits the NDR/Lats kinase Cbk1 at the cell division site in a phosphorylation-dependent manner. Curr Biol. 2013;23:1736-45 pubmed publisher..We propose that similar inhibitory proteins may also provide fine tuning for the activity of NDR kinases in other organisms. ..
- Blanco I, Kuchenbaecker K, Cuadras D, Wang X, Barrowdale D, de Garibay G, et al. Assessing associations between the AURKA-HMMR-TPX2-TUBG1 functional module and breast cancer risk in BRCA1/2 mutation carriers. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0120020 pubmed publisher..Together, the results of this study support the hypothesis of a causative link between altered function of AURKA-HMMR-TPX2-TUBG1 and breast carcinogenesis in BRCA1/2 mutation carriers. ..
- Langbein S, Szakacs O, Wilhelm M, Sukosd F, Weber S, Jauch A, et al. Alteration of the LRP1B gene region is associated with high grade of urothelial cancer. Lab Invest. 2002;82:639-43 pubmed..RT-PCR analysis of the LRP1B gene showed the lack of expression of several exons in 2 of 9 cases analyzed. Our analysis suggests that the LRP1B gene is a candidate tumor suppressor gene in UCs. ..
- Bayliss R, Sardon T, Vernos I, Conti E. Structural basis of Aurora-A activation by TPX2 at the mitotic spindle. Mol Cell. 2003;12:851-62 pubmed..The recognition between Aurora-A and TPX2 resembles that between the cAPK catalytic core and its flanking regions, suggesting this molecular mechanism may be a recurring theme in kinase regulation. ..
- Finzer P, Krueger A, Stohr M, Brenner D, Soto U, Kuntzen C, et al. HDAC inhibitors trigger apoptosis in HPV-positive cells by inducing the E2F-p73 pathway. Oncogene. 2004;23:4807-17 pubmed
- Szuplewski S, Sandmann T, Hietakangas V, Cohen S. Drosophila Minus is required for cell proliferation and influences Cyclin E turnover. Genes Dev. 2009;23:1998-2003 pubmed publisher..Minus does not affect dMyc, another known SCF(Ago) substrate in Drosophila. We propose that Minus contributes to cell cycle regulation in part by selectively controlling turnover of Cyclin E. ..
- Meitinger F, Petrova B, Lombardi I, Bertazzi D, Hub B, Zentgraf H, et al. Targeted localization of Inn1, Cyk3 and Chs2 by the mitotic-exit network regulates cytokinesis in budding yeast. J Cell Sci. 2010;123:1851-61 pubmed publisher..This defect was partially suppressed by increased levels of Cyk3. We therefore propose that the MEN directly controls cytokinesis via targeting of Inn1, Cyk3 and Chs2 to the bud neck...
- Sytnikova Y, Kubarenko A, Sch fer A, Weber A, Niehrs C. Gadd45a is an RNA binding protein and is localized in nuclear speckles. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e14500 pubmed publisher..The results implicate RNA in Gadd45a function and suggest that Gadd45a is associated with a ribonucleoprotein particle...
- Meitinger F, Boehm M, Hofmann A, Hub B, Zentgraf H, Lehmann W, et al. Phosphorylation-dependent regulation of the F-BAR protein Hof1 during cytokinesis. Genes Dev. 2011;25:875-88 pubmed publisher..Genetic and functional data support a model in which Dbf2-Mob1 regulates Hof1 by inducing domain rearrangements, leading to the exposure of the Hof1 RLS domain during telophase. ..
- Kuhns S, Schmidt K, Reymann J, Gilbert D, Neuner A, Hub B, et al. The microtubule affinity regulating kinase MARK4 promotes axoneme extension during early ciliogenesis. J Cell Biol. 2013;200:505-22 pubmed publisher..We propose that MARK4 is a critical positive regulator of early steps in ciliogenesis. ..
- Marx A, Godinez W, Tsimashchuk V, Bankhead P, Rohr K, Engel U. Xenopus cytoplasmic linker-associated protein 1 (XCLASP1) promotes axon elongation and advance of pioneer microtubules. Mol Biol Cell. 2013;24:1544-58 pubmed publisher..Lamellipodial architecture depended on XCLASP1 and its capacity to associate with MTs, highlighting the importance of XCLASP1 in actin-microtubule interactions. ..
- Maier B, Kirsch M, Anderhub S, Zentgraf H, Krämer A. The novel actin/focal adhesion-associated protein MISP is involved in mitotic spindle positioning in human cells. Cell Cycle. 2013;12:1457-71 pubmed publisher..Together, we propose that MISP links microtubules to the actin cytoskeleton and focal adhesions in order to properly position the mitotic spindle. ..
- Kurtulmus B, Wang W, Ruppert T, Neuner A, Cerikan B, Viol L, et al. WDR8 is a centriolar satellite and centriole-associated protein that promotes ciliary vesicle docking during ciliogenesis. J Cell Sci. 2016;129:621-36 pubmed publisher..Our data thus point to an important function of centriolar proximal end proteins in ciliary membrane biogenesis, and establish WDR8 and Cep135 as two factors that are essential for the initial steps of ciliation. ..
- Gasch A, Wiesner S, Martin Malpartida P, Ramirez Espain X, Ruiz L, Macias M. The structure of Prp40 FF1 domain and its interaction with the crn-TPR1 motif of Clf1 gives a new insight into the binding mode of FF domains. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:356-64 pubmed..Our results also revealed that not all FF domains in Prp40 are functionally equivalent. We proposed that at least two different interaction surfaces exist in FF domains that have evolved to recognize distinct binding motifs. ..
- Maier P, Rathfelder N, Finkbeiner M, Taxis C, Mazza M, Le Panse S, et al. Cytokinesis in yeast meiosis depends on the regulated removal of Ssp1p from the prospore membrane. EMBO J. 2007;26:1843-52 pubmed
- Palani S, Meitinger F, Boehm M, Lehmann W, Pereira G. Cdc14-dependent dephosphorylation of Inn1 contributes to Inn1-Cyk3 complex formation. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:3091-6 pubmed publisher..We propose that Cdc14 counteracts Cdk1 phosphorylation of Inn1 to facilitate Inn1-Cyk3 complex formation and so promote cytokinesis. ..
- Gogolin S, Batra R, Harder N, Ehemann V, Paffhausen T, Diessl N, et al. MYCN-mediated overexpression of mitotic spindle regulatory genes and loss of p53-p21 function jointly support the survival of tetraploid neuroblastoma cells. Cancer Lett. 2013;331:35-45 pubmed publisher..We found that MYCN/MYC-mediated overactivation of the metaphase-anaphase checkpoint synergizes with loss of p53-p21 function to prevent arrest or apoptosis of tetraploid neuroblastoma cells. ..
- Klingbeil P, Frazzetto G, Bouwmeester T. Xgravin-like (Xgl), a novel putative a-kinase anchoring protein (AKAP) expressed during embryonic development in Xenopus. Mech Dev. 2001;100:323-6 pubmed..In addition expression is detected in the heart and the anterior aspect of the chordoneural hinge. ..
- Mendoza M, Redemann S, Brunner D. The fission yeast MO25 protein functions in polar growth and cell separation. Eur J Cell Biol. 2005;84:915-26 pubmed..The septation initiation network (SIN) regulates the localization of Pmo25p, suggesting that it regulates Pmo25p function during cell division. ..
- Pellegrino R, Calvisi D, Ladu S, Ehemann V, Staniscia T, Evert M, et al. Oncogenic and tumor suppressive roles of polo-like kinases in human hepatocellular carcinoma. Hepatology. 2010;51:857-68 pubmed publisher..Thus, therapeutic approaches aimed at inactivating PLK1 and/or reactivating PLK2-4 might be highly useful in the treatment of human liver cancer. ..
- Kupke T, Di Cecco L, Muller H, Neuner A, Adolf F, Wieland F, et al. Targeting of Nbp1 to the inner nuclear membrane is essential for spindle pole body duplication. EMBO J. 2011;30:3337-52 pubmed publisher..These data define the targeting pathway of a SPB component and suggest that the amphipathic ?-helix of Nbp1 is important for SPB insertion into the NE from within the nucleus. ..