Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on arginine in Heidelberg, Baden Württemberg, Germany
Locale: Heidelberg, Baden Württemberg, Germany
- Holdermann I, Meyer N, Round A, Wild K, Sattler M, Sinning I. Chromodomains read the arginine code of post-translational targeting. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2012;19:260-3 pubmed publisher..A twinned aromatic cage reads out two neighboring nonmethylated arginines and adapts chromodomains to a non-nuclear function in post-translational targeting. ..
- Munder M, Mollinedo F, Calafat J, Canchado J, Gil Lamaignere C, Fuentes J, et al. Arginase I is constitutively expressed in human granulocytes and participates in fungicidal activity. Blood. 2005;105:2549-56 pubmed..Our findings demonstrate important differences between murine and human leukocytes with respect to regulation and function of arginine metabolism via arginase...
- Gottwein E, Jäger S, Habermann A, Kräusslich H. Cumulative mutations of ubiquitin acceptor sites in human immunodeficiency virus type 1 gag cause a late budding defect. J Virol. 2006;80:6267-75 pubmed..This is consistent with Gag ubiquitination being functionally involved in a transient protein interaction network at the virus budding site. ..
- Munder M. Arginase: an emerging key player in the mammalian immune system. Br J Pharmacol. 2009;158:638-51 pubmed publisher..Pharmacological interference with L-arginine metabolism is a novel promising strategy in the treatment of cancer, autoimmunity or unwanted immune deviation. ..
- Ge W, Wolf A, Feng T, Ho C, Sekirnik R, Zayer A, et al. Oxygenase-catalyzed ribosome hydroxylation occurs in prokaryotes and humans. Nat Chem Biol. 2012;8:960-962 pubmed publisher..This work reveals new therapeutic possibilities via oxygenase inhibition and by targeting modified over unmodified ribosomes. ..
- Siegerink B, Maas R, Vossen C, Schwedhelm E, Koenig W, Boger R, et al. Asymmetric and symmetric dimethylarginine and risk of secondary cardiovascular disease events and mortality in patients with stable coronary heart disease: the KAROLA follow-up study. Clin Res Cardiol. 2013;102:193-202 pubmed publisher..Future studies are needed to quantify these associations more precisely and should, in particular, further address the possibility of residual confounding by impaired kidney function. ..
- Anne J. Arginine methylation of SmB is required for Drosophila germ cell development. Development. 2010;137:2819-28 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate a crucial role of arginine methylation in directing the subcellular localisation of SmB and that this modification contributes specifically to the establishment and development of germ cells. ..
- Luckner Minden C, Fischer I, Langhans C, Schiller M, Kropf P, Muller I, et al. Human eosinophil granulocytes do not express the enzyme arginase. J Leukoc Biol. 2010;87:1125-32 pubmed publisher..As Eos are not equipped with the immunosuppressive enzyme arginase, they cannot participate, via arginine limitation, in the suppression of the evolving adaptive immune response in allergy, infections, or tumor immunity. ..
- Koch A, Radovits T, Loganathan S, Sack F, Karck M, Szabó G. Myocardial protection with the use of L-arginine and N-alpha-acetyl-histidine. Transplant Proc. 2009;41:2592-4 pubmed publisher..We investigated the efficacy of new modifications with the addition of L-arginine and N-alpha-acetyl-histidine to the well-established HTK solution (Custodiol) using a rat heart transplant model...
- Tan X, Popanda O, Ambrosone C, Kropp S, Helmbold I, von Fournier D, et al. Association between TP53 and p21 genetic polymorphisms and acute side effects of radiotherapy in breast cancer patients. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2006;97:255-62 pubmed..In conclusion, the TP53 72Pro variant may be associated with the development of acute skin toxicity after radiotherapy in patients with normal weight. Large clinical studies are needed to clearly confirm this association. ..
- Munder M, Schneider H, Luckner C, Giese T, Langhans C, Fuentes J, et al. Suppression of T-cell functions by human granulocyte arginase. Blood. 2006;108:1627-34 pubmed..Our study therefore demonstrates that human granulocytes possess a previously unanticipated immunosuppressive effector function. Human granulocyte arginase is a promising pharmacologic target to reverse unwanted immunosuppression. ..
- Christophorou M, Castelo Branco G, Halley Stott R, Oliveira C, Loos R, Radzisheuskaya A, et al. Citrullination regulates pluripotency and histone H1 binding to chromatin. Nature. 2014;507:104-8 pubmed publisher..Together, these results uncover a role for citrullination in the regulation of pluripotency and provide new mechanistic insights into how citrullination regulates chromatin compaction. ..
- Aronoff R, Mellem J, Maricq A, Sprengel R, Seeburg P. Neuronal toxicity in Caenorhabditis elegans from an editing site mutant in glutamate receptor channels. J Neurosci. 2004;24:8135-40 pubmed..Thus, synaptically activated GLR-2(R)-containing iGluR channels appear to trigger inappropriate, neurotoxic Ca2+ release from intracellular stores. ..
- Marme F, Hielscher T, Hug S, Bondong S, Zeillinger R, Castillo Tong D, et al. Fibroblast growth factor receptor 4 gene (FGFR4) 388Arg allele predicts prolonged survival and platinum sensitivity in advanced ovarian cancer. Int J Cancer. 2012;131:E586-91 pubmed publisher..81 p = 0.004). FGFR4 Arg388Gly genotype is an independent and strong context specific prognostic factor in patients with advanced ovarian cancer and could be used to predict platinum-sensitivity. ..
- Fei J, de Villiers E. Degradation of HPV20E6 by p53: Delta Np63 alpha and mutant p53R248W protect the wild type p53 mediated caspase-degradation. Int J Cancer. 2008;123:108-16 pubmed publisher..In a second interaction, ectopically expressed HPV20E6 induces cleavage of procaspase-3 to active caspase-3. We demonstrate, in addition, in vivo binding of HPV20E6 to the intermediate filament vimentin. ..
- Deppe S, Ripperger A, Weiss J, Ergun S, Benndorf R. Impact of genetic variability in the ABCG2 gene on ABCG2 expression, function, and interaction with AT1 receptor antagonist telmisartan. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;443:1211-7 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, individuals carrying the F489L polymorphism may be at increased risk of developing adverse drug reactions in multi-drug regimens involving ABCG2 substrates and telmisartan. ..
- Bange G, Petzold G, Wild K, Parlitz R, Sinning I. The crystal structure of the third signal-recognition particle GTPase FlhF reveals a homodimer with bound GTP. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:13621-5 pubmed..Our results provide insights into SRP GTPases and their roles in two fundamentally different protein-targeting routes that both rely on efficient protein delivery to a secretion channel. ..
- Capper D, Zentgraf H, Balss J, Hartmann C, von Deimling A. Monoclonal antibody specific for IDH1 R132H mutation. Acta Neuropathol. 2009;118:599-601 pubmed publisher..This antibody is highly useful for tumor classification, in detecting single infiltrating tumor cells and for the characterization of the cellular role of mutant IDH1 protein...
- Scherer D, Bermejo J, Rudnai P, Gurzau E, Koppova K, Hemminki K, et al. MC1R variants associated susceptibility to basal cell carcinoma of skin: interaction with host factors and XRCC3 polymorphism. Int J Cancer. 2008;122:1787-93 pubmed..However, the mechanism through which the variants influence the risk likely involves complex interactions with other genetic and host risk factors. ..
- Shanmugam K, Brenner H, Hoffmeister M, Chang Claude J, Burwinkel B. The functional genetic variant Arg324Gly of frizzled-related protein is associated with colorectal cancer risk. Carcinogenesis. 2007;28:1914-7 pubmed..66, 95% CI = 1.14-11.76, P < 0.05). Since modified Wnt signaling and down-regulation of frizzled-related proteins have been observed in many human cancers, this variant may also affect the susceptibility to other cancers. ..